Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Comisar Collecttion Auction

Some of the greatest items of modern television history are going up for sale with Heritage Auctions including:

Archie and Wditch Bunker’s chairs

Captain Kirk’s tunic and Mr. Spock’s ear

Carson’s desk and couch

Endora’s most iconic dress

Batman, Robin, and the Joker’s costumes

Jeannie’s costume and bottle for “I Dream of…”

The Skipper and Gilligan’s hats

The signpost from MASH

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9May 2, 2023 8:29 PM

Also the bar from Cheers

June 2-4th

by Anonymousreply 1May 2, 2023 6:04 PM

These items belong in the warehouse of dusty museum. I feel they have very little power to excite, thought they have historical meaning. Perhaps in 50 years their culture value will increase.

My mother is in a nursing home, slowing fading away. She watches Carson repeats. It's all very current to her now, in her mind. I doubt anyone under the age of 50 knows who Carson was.

by Anonymousreply 2May 2, 2023 6:16 PM

Do they have Tony Danza's jockstrap from Taxi?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3May 2, 2023 6:18 PM

[quote] Batman, Robin, and the Joker’s costumes

I did not like Heath Ledger in his role as “Joker”.

by Anonymousreply 4May 2, 2023 6:20 PM

Are the Batman and Robin costumes sniffable?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5May 2, 2023 6:23 PM

Those Bunker chairs were in the Smithsonian at one time. I've seen them there. Are these duplicates or counterfeits or something?

by Anonymousreply 6May 2, 2023 6:57 PM

[quote] "Those Bunker chairs were in the Smithsonian at one time. I've seen them there. Are these duplicates or counterfeits or something?"

The article states that these were made for the last season of "All In The Family", and were also used in "Archie Bunker's Place", R6. So they're real, but not the pair used for the majority of the run of "All In The Family". THOSE are the ones in the Smithsonian.

by Anonymousreply 7May 2, 2023 7:05 PM

Having had a quick look through all 957 lots, there's not one thing I would like to own.

Vivian Vance fans have some shopping opportunities, however. Or fans of Charles Nelson Reilly's fake facial hair. Or a giant telephone rotary dial from a b&w game show. George Eads' 'Nick Stokes' CSI jump suit (ballsac smell not mentioned)? or perhaps you prefer a Jack Lord 'Hawaii 5-O' patterned shirt? a set of six very underwhelming drinking glasses from 'Mad Men'?

In the spirit of giving and with the luxurious office waiting room of Data Lounge in mind, I am considering a lowball bid for this furniture group from the set of 'Six Feet Under' -- provided Muriel attends to the collection and delivery.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8May 2, 2023 8:19 PM

R2, I’m under 40 and not only know who Johnny Carson was, I watched most of those shows as a kid on Nick at Nite.

I love that Arnold the Pig had a CBS crate/cage and Zsa Zsa/Lisa’s peignoirs are something.

Also, color photography has come a long way: the cameras didn’t come close to picking up the true vibrancy of the items.

by Anonymousreply 9May 2, 2023 8:29 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!