Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Official Thread of the Coronation ~ KING CHARLES III

God Save the King!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 611May 6, 2023 10:52 AM

Will the Coronation concert on Sunday be televised in the USA?

by Anonymousreply 1May 2, 2023 5:46 PM

I don't think I'll watch it from beginning to end, but yeah I'll probably watch the actual crowning and the balcony appearances. I'm not really a royalist at all but this is history and I'm curious and I love theatre.

by Anonymousreply 2May 2, 2023 5:50 PM

I anticipate missing most of it, due to being stuck on the loo after my first slice of Coronation Quiche.

by Anonymousreply 3May 2, 2023 5:50 PM

No. I'm American and don't give a shit about this.

by Anonymousreply 4May 2, 2023 5:51 PM

My mother calls these people the "inbreeders".

by Anonymousreply 5May 2, 2023 5:53 PM

I'm assuming DL will be quiet that day as the Klannies will be furiously flicking their clits while glued to the tube.

by Anonymousreply 6May 2, 2023 5:58 PM

[quote] "My mother calls these people the "inbreeders"."

She's not wrong, R5.

by Anonymousreply 7May 2, 2023 6:00 PM

Fuck Charles, his horse bride, and his next in line. Scull and bones, W&K are no better. All of them just so petty, dull, and performative with their drive to play cheap (hide the tiaras) while sitting on a crazy amount of loot.

Fuck right off Charlie!!!

by Anonymousreply 8May 2, 2023 6:26 PM

Typo, His Royal Highnesses, Skull and Bones.

by Anonymousreply 9May 2, 2023 6:27 PM

R8/r9 here, I take back my statement. This coronation will be interesting or exciting for a lot of folks. Regardless of my personal feelings, I shouldn’t be name calling or spreading negativity. I take back my statement and won’t troll this page. Royalist, enjoy your World Cup of coronations.

by Anonymousreply 10May 2, 2023 6:31 PM

Some might call it a king’s coronation, but I think of it as a death knell for the UK. It’s comforting as an American to know there’s a once great nation even more fucked up, but it’s still depressing to see how Britons have become resigned to their fate as a hopeless piece of shit…kingdom.

by Anonymousreply 11May 2, 2023 6:37 PM

I'm curious as to whether the various pretenders (Jacobite, Plantagenet, what have you) will be tuning in, and if so, whether they'll be seething with righteous envy or merrily tossing back the popcorn.

by Anonymousreply 12May 2, 2023 6:42 PM

Of course, I plan to watch and hope to see the following

1. Harold ignored.

2. Princess Michael of Kent wearing blackamoor jewelry going up to Harold to ask whether Meghan enjoys living back in the colonies.

3. The ghost of Diana rising from the grave (think Fruma Sarah) and sweeping down the nave to swipe Queen Mary's crown from Camilla's head the moment she's crown.

4. Harold and William getting into a fight ending with Harold landing on his rump on the Stone of Scone.

by Anonymousreply 13May 2, 2023 7:07 PM

Fuuuuuuuck no.

by Anonymousreply 14May 2, 2023 7:13 PM

R8, "skull and bones," 🤣🤣🤣

by Anonymousreply 15May 2, 2023 7:14 PM

R13, who the hell is "Harold?"

Christ, you're stupid.

by Anonymousreply 16May 2, 2023 7:15 PM

Bump.

by Anonymousreply 17May 2, 2023 7:20 PM

Jug Ears gets a magic hat.

by Anonymousreply 18May 2, 2023 7:24 PM

R6 Doubtful. Those clits haven't been flicked since the last coronation in 1953.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19May 2, 2023 7:26 PM

R13 Royalist humor is an oxyMoron doll.

by Anonymousreply 20May 2, 2023 7:27 PM

Royalassts get em while their hot !

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21May 2, 2023 7:38 PM

I say coronate Megs instead, it'll make Americans and the colonies happy and also cement that special relationship they keep going on about.

by Anonymousreply 22May 2, 2023 7:46 PM

Why did they plan it on Archie's birthday?! Those conniving backstabbers! They knew exactly what they were doing!!!

by Anonymousreply 23May 2, 2023 7:53 PM

I am going to watch the Coronation simply because I want to see LtCol Johnny Thompson sitting behind Harry, sitting 10 rows back, and giving him the fish eye when he slips and falls on the carpet after the crown is placed on daddy's head.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24May 2, 2023 7:54 PM

God Bless The Crown Jewels

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25May 2, 2023 7:55 PM

I wonder if Greg will give us his Coronation Chicken recipe in time for a sumptuous repast?

by Anonymousreply 26May 2, 2023 7:57 PM

Don't being that ridiculous, tedious troll up R26.

by Anonymousreply 27May 2, 2023 8:49 PM

^^bring

by Anonymousreply 28May 2, 2023 8:49 PM

R27 I only bring it up because he said he had a delicious recipe using KFC!

by Anonymousreply 29May 2, 2023 8:54 PM

I'll watch it when I wake up which probably won't be at 5:00 AM. It's historical and I like that shit.

by Anonymousreply 30May 2, 2023 8:57 PM

Another vote for watching for history, though I'll probably mostly watch clips later on social media rather than watch the whole thing.

by Anonymousreply 31May 2, 2023 9:09 PM

My mum (a devout royalist) is overseas and will miss the coronation and has asked me to watch and tell her about it, so I'm begging Muriel not to engage Primetime so I can just read snippets from here instead to pass on and make it look like I'm a good son.

by Anonymousreply 32May 2, 2023 9:14 PM

[quote] Don't being that ridiculous, tedious troll up [R26].

Oh, R27, we all know that you are the ridiculous tedious troll around here.

Tell us about yourself. Have you been an asshole since childhood, or has it been a more recent development?

by Anonymousreply 33May 2, 2023 9:41 PM

From the BBC Full Guide to the Coronation:

[bold]The Queen Consort[/bold]

After the homage, Queen Camilla will be anointed, crowned and enthroned in a simpler ceremony - although she will not have to take an oath*

She will be crowned with Queen Mary's Crown - originally made for Queen Mary's coronation alongside George V - but it is being modified to remove some of the arches*

*because she's a whore

by Anonymousreply 34May 2, 2023 9:42 PM

[quote] [R13], who the hell is "Harold?" Christ, you're stupid.

Everyone knows that Harold is what Prince William calls his brother.

Christ, who’s stupid now?

by Anonymousreply 35May 2, 2023 9:45 PM

[quote] Scull and bones

Oh, dear, R8.

by Anonymousreply 36May 2, 2023 9:47 PM

Stage two: The oath

Just before the oath, the Archbishop of Canterbury will acknowledge the multiple faiths observed in the UK by saying the Church of England "will seek to foster an environment in which people of all faiths may live freely, as long as it's somewhere like Brixton or Slough."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37May 2, 2023 9:48 PM

Stage four: The investiture

Literally the crowning moment - when the King can at last rid himself of turbulent family members.

by Anonymousreply 38May 2, 2023 10:00 PM

I'll watch just to see Charlies orbs & scepter

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39May 3, 2023 1:15 AM

While I won't watch any of the coronation events, I will watch the recaps afterwards to see all the drama and slights summarized for easy digestion.

by Anonymousreply 40May 3, 2023 1:19 AM

The palace just reversed the ban on hereditary peers wearing their family coronation robes, so my anticipation has increased. I mean, it’s a coronation, so the more OTT the better!

by Anonymousreply 41May 3, 2023 1:33 AM

R16...

"Harold" is what William calls his brother.

I see what you lack in intelligence, you make up for in ignorance.

by Anonymousreply 42May 3, 2023 2:04 AM

Oh I never miss an episode of Coronation Street!

by Anonymousreply 43May 3, 2023 2:04 AM

Oh honey, I don't give a flying fuck about your royalist trivia, and not being all into it like an infatuated school girl it isn't evidence of "ignorance." If anything it's a sign of intelligence. Regardless, R20 is correct, humor is not your forte.

by Anonymousreply 44May 3, 2023 2:32 AM

So what happened to the "scaled down coronation"? it's gone from 150 mil GBP to 250 mil GBP do we hear 400 mil GBP?

Thank you Charlie may we have another.

by Anonymousreply 45May 3, 2023 3:06 AM

Just engaging in pointless bitchery, R44.

"Infatuated school girl," you deem me? No...fascinated more like it.

You should beware of the green-eyed monster. It will mock you as it feeds on you.

by Anonymousreply 46May 3, 2023 3:09 AM

Going to the coronation here. I leave tomorrow. I don’t really care about the royals but kind of a once in a lifetime…. Mostly going for the crowds and spectacle of it all. It should be fun. My hotel is filled with other visiting royals from other countries.

by Anonymousreply 47May 3, 2023 3:13 AM

R47

[quote] My hotel is filled with other visiting royals from other countries.

If you see the Dutch royals, say "Hi" for me. That's Beatrix, Willem-Alexander and Maxima. I hope they are all going.

Daisy from Denmark too.

Or will they all be staying at the various palaces or embassies?

by Anonymousreply 48May 3, 2023 3:28 AM

R47, that's sad.

by Anonymousreply 49May 3, 2023 3:32 AM

OK, I'll be honest. I like Charles. He's a character. Look, these people, this family has been around all my life. I've watched a few documentaries recently, about Anne and Charles and I think he'll do a good job, and he will be so totally different from old Granny Queen that he will redefine the way people view the monarchy.

Watching him interact with people, he is warm, friendly, demonstrative, he is chatty, he is smart and he was the first person on his family to go to college according to the documentaries I saw. He went to Cambridge. Anne says he is who he is and he won't change, and he definitely is prepared.

I had no idea about the "spider letters." That's what the staffers and other British officials, members of Parliament, the PM, and others called his letters, because of his easily recognized spidery handwriting. He would write to a lot of people making comments, suggestions or offering his opinions on all sorts of issues. .At first Elizabeth II was mortified, but then she just turned a blind eye.

He loves classical music, the arts, the environment, and has a wicked sense of humor and it's often self deprecating humor. He's a kind person too. He will definitely be giving his Prime Ministers advice and asking a lot more questions then his mum probably did. Whatever.

I'm not interested in the concert, but I am interested in the pageantry, the parade, the religious ceremony, and all the history. I want to see who's there and what they wear too. There is something about the ritual that is fascinating and it's going to make for good theater. I'm trying to decide what to eat. I'm thinking something modest like scones and coronation Chicken salad and perhaps some shortbread with tea later.

by Anonymousreply 50May 3, 2023 3:53 AM

UK here. I can’t feel any enthusiasm for this. The UK media is trying to get the public whipped up but it isn’t really working.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51May 3, 2023 4:50 AM

I wonder whether the likes of Hugh Grosvenor, 7th Duke of Westminster, the richest peer in the UK gets an automatic invite.

He's worth like $10b.

by Anonymousreply 52May 3, 2023 12:41 PM

Great entertainment with astonishing and lavish production values! There will be kilts!

by Anonymousreply 53May 3, 2023 12:51 PM

No way I’m watching that Doberman take what should have been Diana’s.

by Anonymousreply 54May 3, 2023 1:07 PM

[quote] My hotel is filled with other visiting royals from other countries.

Which hotel has any rooms for rent?

by Anonymousreply 55May 3, 2023 1:51 PM

[quote] He loves classical music, the arts, the environment, and has a wicked sense of humor and it's often self deprecating humor.

He was big fan of Dame Edna as he almost peed himself in this clip.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56May 3, 2023 1:55 PM

[quote] I'm trying to decide what to eat. I'm thinking something modest like scones and Coronation Chicken salad and perhaps some shortbread with tea later.

Yes, well, we are still waiting for Greg's fabulous take on that recipe.

by Anonymousreply 57May 3, 2023 1:56 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58May 3, 2023 1:57 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59May 3, 2023 1:58 PM

R51, I have a passionate interest in history, and that's really how I view this event. All these rituals are rooted in history and religious ceremony. It has all the elements of a theatrical production on a grand scale, too. And I loved the Dame Edna video. In one of the documentaries, there's footage of Charles at college, doing a scene where he's pretend fishing. (but not really) and it's a comic bit. I made me think of his stint as a weather man. Charles is certainly more colorful that Elizabeth II was.

by Anonymousreply 60May 3, 2023 2:04 PM

[quote]Look, these people, this family has been around all my life.

Do you really think this makes you unique in some way? Literally every person on earth as well as several generations of their dead ancestors could say the same thing. I mean, that's kind of the whole point.

Some really dumb people post here.

by Anonymousreply 61May 3, 2023 2:09 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62May 3, 2023 2:15 PM

R62, who peed in your cornflakes? I never claimed to be unique.

by Anonymousreply 63May 3, 2023 2:17 PM

[quote] And I loved the Dame Edna video.

Dame Edna has a long history with royalty. Here she introduces QE2 to her Jubilee concert. Too back she won't be around for the Coronation Concert, as I am sure it could use a bit of her humor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64May 3, 2023 2:27 PM

R63 As an AI language model, I don't consume food, so no one can pee in my cornflakes or any other food I might eat. The phrase "who peed in your cornflakes?" is an idiom that means "why are you in a bad mood?" or "what's bothering you?" If you're feeling upset or frustrated about something, I'm here to listen and offer any assistance or advice that I can.

by Anonymousreply 65May 3, 2023 2:28 PM

Old but it hits its target.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66May 3, 2023 3:53 PM

R50 He's a wanker dear.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67May 3, 2023 4:14 PM

Some fool in one of the documentaries claimed that Charles really was in love with Diana at first, and it all fell apart over time. I think that's rubbish. I think he liked Diana, and thought she was sweet and had a innocent quality he found attractive. But in general, he was attempting to do the right thing to please his family. He was dutiful. And he was also role playing. Not in a phony way, but in the way that he thought he should be. Watching their wedding it was all very performative on his part. And if it is true that Diana discovered his continuing affection for Camilla before the wedding, and seriously considered cancelling, then she was also performing at her own wedding. I think she also had a ridiculous idea of what it meant to marry a Prince and live in a castle as a Princess, and escape her unhappy life. She had a huge crush on him since he dated her older sister when she was 16. Diana was entirely too young for him, and they had no common interests. She was an emotionally fragile person who wasn't ready for the relentless pressure she was under once she started dating him. Both of them were emotionally stunted people. Camilla, OTOH had history with him and his social set. Camilla was much more mature emotionally. And her temperament suited him.

by Anonymousreply 68May 3, 2023 4:32 PM

Queen Camila, smh

by Anonymousreply 69May 3, 2023 4:43 PM

R68 omg this is brand new information!

by Anonymousreply 70May 3, 2023 4:48 PM

R68 here. I also think that in a strange way, Diana was frightened by it but then attracted to the celebrity she was achieving. Hounded and chased, but then she saw the news papers and the TV coverage that resulted, and she embraced her celebrity even if she was also fearful of the attention. When she and Charles went on tours, those crowds were unreal. And Charles was crazy jealous. She was a media sensation, a phenomenon. Definitely not the look the Monarchy wanted.

I know it isn't "brand new information." R70. I was simply expressing my opinion in opposition to the observations the documentary was making.

by Anonymousreply 71May 3, 2023 4:53 PM

R71 You should write a book!

by Anonymousreply 72May 3, 2023 5:11 PM

Royalist sure do love typing out words to read. They must love hearing themselves talk, too. No opinion is ever too hackneyed, widely -shared or overstated to trot out yet [italic]again[/italic].

Yes, yes, Diana was immature and Camilla was better suited for this man-baby we've all been hearing about our entire lives, please, do go on. It's all so very fascinating I'm sure.

by Anonymousreply 73May 3, 2023 5:13 PM

What is the point of maintaining a monarchy but stripping it of all power? You want a “symbol of the nation?” Try a bald eagle. Very low maintenance.

by Anonymousreply 74May 3, 2023 5:18 PM

Hey, folks in the UK, what kind of momentos are people buying for the occasion? Classic plates, cups, and nice keepsakes or kitschy stuff like bobble heads and such?

by Anonymousreply 75May 3, 2023 5:30 PM

r75 Here is a start.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76May 3, 2023 5:32 PM

R75, I don’t see anybody buying this stuff. The only person I know who has is a friend from Kuwait who is visiting for a few weeks. He is buying commemorative tins of Marks and Spencer biscuits to take home for his relatives.

by Anonymousreply 77May 3, 2023 6:19 PM

I'm also in the UK and don't know anyone who's buying that shit. I also don't know anyone who's going to a street party or going to line the streets for the procession. I'm in London and know of only one street in my local area that was closed for a street party for the Jubilee but haven't seen any for the Coronation.

Only tourists and those mentally ill people who turn up to these events dressed head-to-to in the Union Flag get excited about these things.

by Anonymousreply 78May 3, 2023 6:32 PM

[quote] He is buying commemorative tins of Marks and Spencer biscuits to take home for his relatives.

I would love one of those tins, but won't pay 25 pounds for shipping. Why doesn't Marks & Sparks have shops that sell food in the US?

by Anonymousreply 79May 3, 2023 7:09 PM

R79, I seem to remember there was an M&S store in New York years ago. I think they were trying to cater to expats rather than extend into the US.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80May 3, 2023 7:43 PM

He will be anointed with the Holy Oils!

by Anonymousreply 81May 3, 2023 10:30 PM

I am dying for this lovely musical biscuit box from Fortnum & Mason. It will cost $70 dollars to get it to me in Florida, but it is so cute. It actually plays 'God Save the Queen', um King while it spins around. Plus, a lovely assortment of tasteful biscuits are included. It is sure to be a forever keepsake. How delightful!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82May 3, 2023 10:38 PM

^^ Hyacinth Bucket

by Anonymousreply 83May 3, 2023 10:40 PM

Deplorables and Royalists. 6 of 1 dearie

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84May 3, 2023 10:40 PM

"Why did they plan it on Archie's birthday?! Those conniving backstabbers! "

Perhaps Charles wanted to give Harry and Meg a built-in reason to refuse his polite invitation.

I'll be watching if I can stay awake, because it's living history, and because I want to see Harry's face when Camilla is crowned.

by Anonymousreply 85May 3, 2023 11:36 PM

Seriously, I think Markle, in the service of her own-long term image and financial viability, is making a strategic error by not attending the Coronation.

So, she would have had to endure an icy reception. Suck it up, see and be seen, and then get outta there.

I think she'll regret not doing that, especially for her children.

If nothing else, and, down the road when her children are old enough to be curious and understand it, the images of her presence at the Coronation would provide some context to them with regard to those Prince and Princess titles her and Harry insisted they have.

She just doesn't have the cajones to be there.

by Anonymousreply 86May 4, 2023 12:02 AM

[quote]I wonder if Greg will give us his Coronation Chicken recipe in time for a sumptuous repast?

Greg is having Lisa Whelchel and her grandchildren over for the sumptuous repast, so he may not have time. Nut it may not end well anyway--I hear he is having trouble finding powdered dried apricots.

by Anonymousreply 87May 4, 2023 12:06 AM

I have friends in London who are planning to go to Paris Friday until Monday.

by Anonymousreply 88May 4, 2023 12:46 AM

DL heart-throb Nicolas Fairford has prepared the official Coronation Quiche!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89May 4, 2023 12:47 AM

"we're not racist, we just don't like her attitude."

Christ, that woman is every DL Klan Granny.

by Anonymousreply 90May 4, 2023 1:15 AM

Dump is currently in Scotland any bets he'll try to crash Charlie's chubbly?

by Anonymousreply 91May 4, 2023 1:19 AM

I've decided. I'm having waffles with fresh strawberries, bacon and eggs. I will brew a delicious coffee. Later, I'm having Coronation Chicken Salad and some tea and fresh fruit. Perhaps a small tart.

If they aren't finished by then, fuck it.

by Anonymousreply 92May 4, 2023 1:32 AM

It's happening so early in the morning. I have a "pint" of Haagen Dazs Swiss almond vanilla. Maybe I'll have that while I watch the coronation.

by Anonymousreply 93May 4, 2023 1:40 AM

Hot water with Lemon Juice, then Green tea to get rid of the toxins. After that at a reasonable time I will have a sumptuous breakfast. Around 11 AM E.T. Now if Charles hasn't made it to the balcony by then he is SOOL. Because I will be over it.

by Anonymousreply 94May 4, 2023 1:43 AM

The usual, pint of Gordon's, rub half a lime on my cooter, pack of unfiltered Dunhills.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95May 4, 2023 1:51 AM

I may make scones

by Anonymousreply 96May 4, 2023 1:55 AM

Hallelujah! Our prayers have been answered!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97May 4, 2023 1:58 AM

What time will it be on in the US (I'm in Arizona)? Do I need to set my alarm and get up in the middle of the night?

by Anonymousreply 98May 4, 2023 2:00 AM

Gross! Chuck with his soft, round, fat little pork-link fingers!

by Anonymousreply 99May 4, 2023 2:02 AM

^ For you R99

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100May 4, 2023 4:03 AM

Royal operative Tina Brown was dispatched to the internets today to state that Chas and her's is a love affair for the ages- and that she is now Britain's grandmother.

by Anonymousreply 101May 4, 2023 4:09 AM

Charles is king? God help us.

by Anonymousreply 102May 4, 2023 4:19 AM

It’s an important commemoration of the peaceful transfer of power that the country has had for several centuries.

by Anonymousreply 103May 4, 2023 4:42 AM

But there is no power being transferred. Plus, he’s already King.

by Anonymousreply 104May 4, 2023 4:53 AM

Exactly. The peaceful transfer of power in the case of the UK pertains to the old PM getting the fuck out of Downing Street just in time for the newly elected PM to move in. There's no transfer of power in Charles' case, he became king the moment the old cunt kicked it.

I mean, the clueless gringos we have posting here...

by Anonymousreply 105May 4, 2023 5:20 AM

He did become King the moment Elizabeth II died. He is not completely without power but he's had that since the moment Elizabeth II died too.

As I understand it (and I don't really) the coronation is the mystical union between the King and the Country or something like that.

by Anonymousreply 106May 4, 2023 5:57 AM

I'd love to thank you R100 but I'm quite busy wiping the vomit from my evening gown.

by Anonymousreply 107May 4, 2023 6:47 AM

Has anyone diagnosed those fat sausage fingers? What's wrong with the old boy?

by Anonymousreply 108May 4, 2023 6:50 AM

Charles became king the moment the Queen died, but that doesn't mean it's incorrect to say that the coronation is a commemoration of this.

by Anonymousreply 109May 4, 2023 6:53 AM

As a Londoner, I think it’s really ridiculous that these old guard Tory establishment types are trying to shame the rest of us for not giving a shit about this.

It’s like, get used to it.

by Anonymousreply 110May 4, 2023 10:32 AM

Who exactly are you referring to, r110? As a fellow Londoner, the only person trying to get me involved is my neighbour who is organising the street party on our street, and she's neither old nor establishment and seems more like a floating voter to me.

So weird to try to link the Coronation to a specific political party.

by Anonymousreply 111May 4, 2023 11:08 AM

R111

by Anonymousreply 112May 4, 2023 11:37 AM

Are we going to make a bingo chart? Or at least compile a list of things likely to happen? My bets are on someone throwing an egg, and some (probably white) activists organizing a scream-in.

by Anonymousreply 113May 4, 2023 11:41 AM

The Coronation itself is a religious ceremony wherein the King or Queen is consecrated to God. Yes Charles became King upon the death of his mother, but the Coronation is a sort of way for the monarch to ask/get God's blessing. This may seem quaint and out of date to most of us, but I will watch for the ritual, the pageantry, the traditions and the spectacle, because it is steeped in history. One day, William will be King. And my speculation is that he will not do all of this. Just as Charles scaled everything back, William will do even more t o downsize, but the act of going to the abbey and being consecrated won't change.

by Anonymousreply 114May 4, 2023 12:50 PM

William will do all the "traditional" Westminster Abbey stuff (perhaps with some of the wording adapted) and the military parades, because that is what the public likes and the government wants in terms of inviting foreign dignitaries. There will also probably be street parties and a concert or two. I'm not quite sure what you think will be dropped, r114, since that's all the Coronation really is.

by Anonymousreply 115May 4, 2023 1:34 PM

Charles was crowned today in a private ceremony . Saturday is a 250 Million soggy wank off. Unbelievable how thick the Brits are.

by Anonymousreply 116May 4, 2023 1:48 PM

Thanks for the concern, r116!

by Anonymousreply 117May 4, 2023 1:49 PM

Charlie was crowned today in a private ceremony. Saturday is a 250 Million soggy wank off. Amazing how thick the Brits are.

by Anonymousreply 118May 4, 2023 1:49 PM

You're so concerned, you're repeating yourself, r118!

by Anonymousreply 119May 4, 2023 1:51 PM

The mass oath of allegiance seems particularly odd in 2023.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120May 4, 2023 1:54 PM

[quote] DL heart-throb Nicolas Fairford has prepared the official Coronation Quiche!

R89 I think Nicolas Fairford is the original Sheridan Bucket!

by Anonymousreply 121May 4, 2023 1:55 PM

Nicolas seemed genuinely surprised that he liked the quiche. It was as if he'd been expecting to quit after the first forkful, but the tarragon really goosed his enthusiasm to the extent that his trademark somnolence almost evaporated.

by Anonymousreply 122May 4, 2023 1:59 PM

Charlie was crowned today in a private ceremony. Saturday is a 250 Million soggy wank off. Amazing how thick the Brits are.

You're such a Royalass lickspittle you're not R119?

by Anonymousreply 123May 4, 2023 2:00 PM

Lady Fairford has a womanly arse much like his King.

by Anonymousreply 124May 4, 2023 2:04 PM

They're breaking out the coronation regalia!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125May 4, 2023 2:10 PM

Decamped from the UK for the week to a beach in Spain just to avoid it including our street’s “street party”. The WhatsApp group for the street party is intolerable.

by Anonymousreply 126May 4, 2023 2:11 PM

250 Million GBP is "scaled back"? Brits really do have shite for brains.

by Anonymousreply 127May 4, 2023 2:13 PM

What the Duke of Sussex will be wearing at the coronation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128May 4, 2023 2:18 PM

R114 How's the weather in 1823?

by Anonymousreply 129May 4, 2023 2:20 PM

He so ugly, he hurt my feelings!

by Anonymousreply 130May 4, 2023 2:27 PM

Is a beach in Spain really the right place to go to avoid a bunch of drunk Brits, r126?

by Anonymousreply 131May 4, 2023 2:35 PM

I hope it raines.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132May 4, 2023 2:45 PM

Lol. From the Daily Beast via Yahoo:

'In place of the tradition of requiring only aristocrats to pay homage to the throne, at the same point in the cathedral ritual all of his subjects will be invited to take a personal vow of allegiance to him, “in heart and voice to their undoubted king”—a move with more than a whiff of the “dear leader” in North Korea.'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133May 4, 2023 2:46 PM

Charles will be a benevolent ruler, so that’s something to celebrate. He won’t commit the excesses of the first Charles.

by Anonymousreply 134May 4, 2023 2:49 PM

R134 Nor will he suffer the consequences.

by Anonymousreply 135May 4, 2023 2:50 PM

R50 a good job? A trained monkey could do the job of monarch, minus the annual speech to parliament. The job is east as hell. Stand around x say nothing, and look expensive. Work a couple hours a week; while taking a month or more in the summer with loads of other breaks.

The job is cushy and easy. Shutting up and spending other people’s money is not hard. I don’t get this good monarch vs bad monarch stuff. Most of the. Are all the same, grifters out to shield themselves from public scrutiny.

by Anonymousreply 136May 4, 2023 2:54 PM

Easy* as hell.

by Anonymousreply 137May 4, 2023 2:54 PM

R68 could you imaging what type of hideous children Charles and Camilla would have produced? The best aspects of William and Harry’s looks came from Diana’s DNA. Those Spencer genes put in the work, fought the good fight, for 30-35 years per child. Ultimately those raggedy Windsor genes to root. But we had a nice decade and a half of fuckable looking Prince William and Harry.

Diana did that family a major solid. She also helped give those boys height.

by Anonymousreply 138May 4, 2023 3:36 PM

R127, there are many people here who are very unhappy about the lavish spending while millions are struggling with the cost of living crisis. The Government didn’t consult them.

by Anonymousreply 139May 4, 2023 4:18 PM

The absolute Lulus have already started descending on London and setting up tents and deckchairs. It’s about to be three days of hell.

by Anonymousreply 140May 4, 2023 4:25 PM

R131 yes, if you go to the right one. Plus no bunting nor coronation quiche in sight!

by Anonymousreply 141May 4, 2023 4:29 PM

Nothing entices republicanism in me more right now, though I'm in favour of the extra public holiday we're getting Monday.

by Anonymousreply 142May 4, 2023 4:32 PM

[quote] The ghost of Diana rising from the grave (think Fruma Sarah) and sweeping down the nave to swipe Queen Mary's crown from Camilla's head the moment she's crown.

R13 This is for you BonniePrinceCharlie!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143May 4, 2023 4:33 PM

Old Charles will be fun to watch as king. I think he'll really be feelin it. Enjoying it. He'll be a jolly old thing...providing the bloody pens work.

by Anonymousreply 144May 4, 2023 4:34 PM

Yes, I’ll be glued to the telly.

by Anonymousreply 145May 4, 2023 4:47 PM

Here comes Diana!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146May 4, 2023 4:51 PM

Interview w/Princess Anne.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147May 4, 2023 5:18 PM

Queen Camilla's crown will be the first recycled crown used (for "sustainability"). I forgot who wore the crown before her.

Ceremony will be 1 hour. Queen Elizabeth's was 3 hours. Q. Victoria's was something like 5 hours.

by Anonymousreply 148May 4, 2023 5:19 PM

Ahead of the coronation, Buckingham Palace announced that the Queen Consort will wear Queen Mary's Crown, which features 2,200 diamonds and was worn by Queen Mary when she took part in the coronation alongside her husband, King George V, in 1911.

The choice to wear an existing crown as a Queen Consort (rather than a new commission) is unusual and hasn't been done since the 18th century, when Queen Caroline, consort of George II, wore Mary of Modena's crown. The palace noted the decision was made "in the interests of sustainability and efficiency."

As a tribute to the late Queen Elizabeth, the headpiece will be reset with the Cullinan III, IV and V diamonds, which are part of the famous Cullinan diamond, the largest ever found. The jewels were a part of the late monarch's personal jewelry collection and were frequently worn as brooches.

The Cullinan diamonds have been added to Queen Mary's Crown before; in 1922, the Cullinan III and IV were temporarily set for the 1911 coronation.

Buckingham Palace also announced that four of the eight detachable arches will be removed from Queen Mary's Crown to create "a different impression to when the Crown was worn by Queen Mary at the 1911 Coronation." Queen Mary wore the crown without the arches at the coronation of her son, King George VI, in 1937.

It was previously speculated that Queen Camilla might wear the controversial crown that Queen Elizabeth wore to her husband King George's coronation in 1937. The centerpiece of the crown is the Koh-i-Nûr diamond, which was imported to Britain by the East India Company and has been subject to ownership claims in India, Pakistan and Afghanistan.

by Anonymousreply 149May 4, 2023 5:23 PM

CNN is starting coverage at 5 a.m. Eastern on Saturday.

by Anonymousreply 150May 4, 2023 5:52 PM

[quote]But there is no power being transferred. Plus, he’s already King.

So, anyways ....

Royal assent is the final step required for a parliamentary bill to become law. Once a bill is presented to the Sovereign, he or she has the following formal options:

grant royal assent, thereby making the bill an Act of Parliament. delay the bill's assent through the use of reserve powers, thereby invoking a veto[5] refuse royal assent on the advice of his or her ministers.[6]

by Anonymousreply 151May 4, 2023 6:26 PM

R136 You are really out of touch with what they actually do.

It’s Harry and Meghan who only work one hour a week.

by Anonymousreply 152May 4, 2023 6:43 PM

[quote] Queen Camilla's crown will be the first recycled crown used (for "sustainability").

Is it made of the bones of the previous queen?

by Anonymousreply 153May 4, 2023 6:47 PM

The royal gardeners adore Charlie too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154May 4, 2023 7:50 PM

Royalassts are Deplorables Brit inbred cousins. You see this same lot at Trump rallies. Council flat or trailer trash. 6 of 1 half dozen of the other .Different side of the same looney coin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155May 4, 2023 8:00 PM

And as for that ridiculous Wills, he hit the wall before the first flush of youth was over (though with those dull eyes, overbred Windsor jawline and overbearing nose, the wall was never far away).

by Anonymousreply 156May 4, 2023 8:39 PM

Feel the sincerity of their "common touch"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157May 4, 2023 8:42 PM

^ Sad Katie and Mr Potato Head are so bloody awful at doing what Harry and Megan do so well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158May 4, 2023 8:45 PM

Are Porta-Pottys being installed along the road for the UK deplorables who are now camping on the streets? Or, are they pooping in the parks?

by Anonymousreply 159May 4, 2023 8:54 PM

[quote] Royal assent is the final step required for a parliamentary bill to become law. Once a bill is presented to the Sovereign, he or she has the following formal options: grant royal assent, thereby making the bill an Act of Parliament. delay the bill's assent through the use of reserve powers, thereby invoking a veto refuse royal assent on the advice of his or her ministers.

r151 Did QE2 ever veto anything? I didn't think so.

by Anonymousreply 160May 4, 2023 8:56 PM

R156 Yep. Willy is a freak. There's something rather scary about him. Always looks like he's ready to snap at any minute. Check that anorexic Stepford Wife of his for bruises.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161May 4, 2023 8:57 PM

[quote] Are Porta-Pottys being installed along the road for the UK deplorables who are now camping on the streets? Or, are they pooping in the parks?

And bathing in the fountains and ponds. Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 162May 4, 2023 8:57 PM

R159 Hope not. What will we fling?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163May 4, 2023 9:03 PM

And 'angin their washin' out on the Buckingham fences! Well oy nevah!

by Anonymousreply 164May 4, 2023 9:04 PM

After he "takes tea" William mellows out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165May 4, 2023 9:09 PM

It’s happening Markle Maggots. Stay pressed.

by Anonymousreply 166May 4, 2023 9:16 PM

Well, I have decided on a Coronation theme for this weekend's meals. I plan to make Coronation Quiche and Coronation Chicken. However, I wonder if George VI had a Coronation meal? How far back do these repasts go? I need to fill up the weekend.

by Anonymousreply 167May 4, 2023 9:19 PM

It's sad that the Royals are stuck with a bunch of waxwork's losers like William and Kate or a bunch of animated corpses like Charlie,Camilla, Anne. They really had an opportunity to connect with the modern world with Harry and Meghan but they blew it. Their supports will all croak within the next few years then it will be the dumpster of history for the obsolete British monarchy. Well done Charlie.

by Anonymousreply 168May 4, 2023 9:23 PM

[quote]Their supports will all croak within the next few years then it will be the dumpster of history for the obsolete British monarchy.

Sounds like a plan to me.

by Anonymousreply 169May 4, 2023 9:25 PM

Bullocks your bloody quiche. I had a bottle of single malt and a carton of unfiltered Dunhills for my dinner.

by Anonymousreply 170May 4, 2023 9:26 PM

He is OUR Majesty after all!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171May 4, 2023 9:28 PM

Sorry r171, but the kitten heels are a real dick wilter.

by Anonymousreply 172May 4, 2023 9:30 PM

Amazing. If you block R161, all the horrible and rude posts go away.

by Anonymousreply 173May 4, 2023 9:34 PM

I'm enjoying the seething.

by Anonymousreply 174May 4, 2023 9:41 PM

R160 There was a fascinating PBS drama King Charles III (2016). The play was based on the premise that Charles would attempt to exercise the royal "veto" power. ie actually override the elected government. It precipitates a Parliamentary crisis and Charles is forced to abdicate. Based on his delusions of grandeur with his 250 Million GBP chubbly I can very well see it actually happening. This fool should never have been king.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175May 4, 2023 9:45 PM

" rude posts" on DL. How untoward!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176May 4, 2023 9:48 PM

I'm American so I don't give a damn, but I will tune in every so often to see the Royals display what Judge Judy calls "Outrageous behavior!"

I do hope spectators stand along the entourage route, with big signs of Diana's portrait - just to make Camilla jumpy and nervous. Maybe have some crashed car pieces along the route as well ?

by Anonymousreply 177May 4, 2023 9:49 PM

I see that the Sussex Squaddies are rapidly spiralling into a furious impotent rage

by Anonymousreply 178May 4, 2023 9:57 PM

[quote]Why doesn't Marks & Sparks have shops that sell food in the US?

You can buy M&S stuff from British Corner Shop. My partner is British and we sometimes order items he's homesick for. The shipping is a little high but it's not too bad for the occasional stock-up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179May 4, 2023 9:58 PM

R127 compared to the ridiculous price tag of the DEMs and GOPs party convention, it's not even that outstanding. The next DEM convention in Chicago is estimated to cost about 80 to 100 Million $$.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180May 4, 2023 10:43 PM

Obviously the monarchy died with Lilibet .Saturday they're just making the corpse dance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181May 4, 2023 10:48 PM

R180 Clueless Brit. We ELECTED those 'dems" .Charlie won his throne by how many votes ?

by Anonymousreply 182May 4, 2023 10:52 PM

r181 r182

by Anonymousreply 183May 4, 2023 11:15 PM

I only know one person who is celebrating the coronation, she is eighty-four years old.

by Anonymousreply 184May 4, 2023 11:52 PM

[quote]Yes Charles became King upon the death of his mother, but the Coronation is a sort of way for the monarch to ask/get God's blessing.

Cool.

What happens if God says "no"?

by Anonymousreply 185May 4, 2023 11:54 PM

^^ Ask Edward V.

by Anonymousreply 186May 4, 2023 11:58 PM

[quote]What happens if God says "no"?

Then they just keep going down the line of succession until he says YES.

by Anonymousreply 187May 5, 2023 12:04 AM

Stuff like this is why DVRs were invented. I've got lots of stuff set to record since it airs too early in my part of the US and I'll watch it later. Like others, I like the history and pageantry of it all. I used to like European history in school more so than US history

by Anonymousreply 188May 5, 2023 12:53 AM

We are fed up with these bloody Yanks calling up our chat shows and doing their awful British accents. No true subject of the Crown would refer to His Majesty in such RUDE terms. You are not fooling us! Stop it ! This man is anointed by God Almighty! Are you people daft? You will burn in hell for this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189May 5, 2023 1:11 AM

R184 In Royalist terms that makes her Coronation Chicken.

by Anonymousreply 190May 5, 2023 1:13 AM

I'm so excited for the Coronation that I'm practically piddling my pants! The team of 8 white horses pulling the golden state coach down the Mall will be a once in a lifetime vision to behold!

by Anonymousreply 191May 5, 2023 1:19 AM

That coach is quite an extravagant looking ride. Iread it's very uncomfortable. I also read that Katherine, Princess of Wales gets motion sickand the coach she and William are riding in is terribly uncomfortable and bounces and wobbles. It will be interesting to watch her to see if she pukes.

by Anonymousreply 192May 5, 2023 1:31 AM

I'll celebrate by pounding Irish Car Bombs while playing absurdly loud Bollywood tunes.

by Anonymousreply 193May 5, 2023 1:36 AM

R191 Horses smoreses. If ya married one ya married them all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194May 5, 2023 1:38 AM

Coronation > coronavirus

by Anonymousreply 195May 5, 2023 1:52 AM

Will they be using the same coach or carriage that Eugenie used? Or something fancier?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196May 5, 2023 1:53 AM

The gold state coach is the mother of all Royal rides.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197May 5, 2023 2:12 AM

Oh, the whole thing is sweet and harmless (except of Markle and dumb dumb).

This works can stand for some silly pomp. And Charles is a loveable weirdo who has done some pretty great things for the environment at with The Prince’s Trust.

Yeah, he was a bit of a car to Diana, but who among us hasn’t been in a relationship that has soured and you’re desperate to escape?

I’m not a Brit but O have good friends who are. They’re anti-monarchists but even they loved the Queen and have a grudging fondness for Charles.

All this anti-Charles nonsense is just nonsense. People say they won’t watch the coronation because they don’t want to appear silly. But people will watch—they just won’t admit it.

I wish the old guy nothing but good things. And I love that ever-tipsy, messy haired wife of his.

by Anonymousreply 198May 5, 2023 2:39 AM

^omg—so many typos! Sorry—my thumbs are as big as Charles’

by Anonymousreply 199May 5, 2023 2:41 AM

His Majesty commissioned a new state coach more suitable for himself and his lovely Queen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200May 5, 2023 2:45 AM

“Too funny”, R200

by Anonymousreply 201May 5, 2023 2:46 AM

R199 LOL You Brits really deserve this wanker.

by Anonymousreply 202May 5, 2023 2:47 AM

I read that the coach Charles will be riding in on Saturday has climate control and shocks, FWIW

by Anonymousreply 203May 5, 2023 3:16 AM

Yes I'll be watching. Charles is our King and head of state for now (Australia). The Brits do top notch pomp and pageantry. I feel like this coronation is going to be a bit tatty. The concert won't be that good.

Then after all the dust settles, Australia will move towards having a referendum in the next 5 years to become a republic with an Australian head of state. Queen Elizabeth was well liked and respected and there was an agreement that Australia would remain part of the commonwealth during her lifetime. However, that era has gone and it's time for us all to move on. Australia has some serious issues hanging over our country because of British colonialism and becoming a republic will be the first step to healing our nation (especially First People) and it's time for us to graduate.

by Anonymousreply 204May 5, 2023 3:32 AM

Royaltards = Trumptards. Same bloody cultist mindset.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205May 5, 2023 3:46 AM

How do you have a cult of personality when there's no personality?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206May 5, 2023 3:49 AM

Authoritarians don't care how unattractive or uncharismatic these dweebs are. They worship the authority they represent. If that authority hates the same folks they do then all the better. Hitler was a short, Chaplinesque little man with a voice like metal tearing and one testicle. Charles looks like the twit in a Monty Python skit. Camilla is a crone out of a Disney cartoon. Donald Trump a grotesque monster escaped from the Universal backlot. To their acolytes it matters not at all. Authoritarians respond on a deep psychological level to the need to be told what to do. They're basically subs. It's apparent at a very early age. The "good boy" vs "the rebel" in the schoolyard. To Royalists the monarchy is like a psychological security blanket. It's a pathology. Think like hyper religiosity the need to grovel to ones ugly "betters" is a mental illness.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207May 5, 2023 4:17 AM

Always go with the Rebel.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208May 5, 2023 4:20 AM

"It's apparent at a very early age. The "good boy" vs "the rebel" in the schoolyard." Indeed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209May 5, 2023 4:39 AM

At least the Rebel has rhythm.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210May 5, 2023 5:50 AM

R188 Same here. US history is so new.

by Anonymousreply 211May 5, 2023 7:35 AM

It’s really come to something when the least objectionable one is brassy little PR girl, Sophie Wessex

by Anonymousreply 212May 5, 2023 9:38 AM

And will wife-beating coercive controller, the Duke Of Kent, be coming out of cold storage to make an appearance?

by Anonymousreply 213May 5, 2023 9:42 AM

R207, what do American opinions have to do with the British royal family?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 214May 5, 2023 9:43 AM

I don't know a single American who gives a shit about this.

by Anonymousreply 215May 5, 2023 11:49 AM

R215, my entire family...cousins, will all be watching it. It's a spectacle. If you live in a cold dreary, rainy climate, you get your tea, you get your food together, get your favorite blanket and plant yourself on the sofa to watch it. It's mindless, live theater. I think either consciously or unconsciously we watch to see if anything unexpected happens to jar the carefully choreographed pageantry.

by Anonymousreply 216May 5, 2023 1:15 PM

R216, I don't give a flying fuck. Why are you addressing me?

by Anonymousreply 217May 5, 2023 1:18 PM

R115 Bellyaching Bertha moans again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218May 5, 2023 1:26 PM

If a family is intending to rule me, the least I expect in return is for them to be uncommonly intelligent, talented and physically attractive. From those matronly sisters, Liz and Margaret, onwards, it’s been one goggle-eyed, 5” frump after another. And the forebears are even more unprepossessing.

by Anonymousreply 219May 5, 2023 1:26 PM

The lady calling in at R189 is Trixie, former midwife at Nonatus House in Poplar.

by Anonymousreply 220May 5, 2023 1:50 PM

Felonious traitor spews more garbage.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221May 5, 2023 1:55 PM

You know...perhaps we need a new thread for this but I think attention needs to be paid to Elizabeth II as a person. Because while I don't dislike Granny Queen, I think when we see the dysfunction and animosity and emotional health issues that her kids present, I can see her just putting her head in the sand and trying to avoid the "mess." and not giving much guidance and encouragement. She has to be assigned some responsibility for the way they all turned out. And aside from a tight smile and a witty remark here and there, and some basic conversation starter type questions, she wasn't much of a queen. They dressed her and she got out of a car an accepted abouquet, smiled waved and shook a few hands. Of course she did the boxes, but I bet you Charles reads the papers in those boxes diligently, makes notes, and and asks questions about them. MAybe it will upset his Prime Ministers and his government, but Charles is going to pay attention, and do it in a way she never did. Yes, she wasfrom a different generation, but I think she was rather ordinary and they imbued her with this grandness. She was right to worry about the "mystery" being necessary. Because IMO she is looking more and more like the Wizard of Oz every day."Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.!"

by Anonymousreply 222May 5, 2023 2:23 PM

[post redacted because independent.co.uk thinks that links to their ridiculous rag are a bad thing. Somebody might want to tell them how the internet works. Or not. We don't really care. They do suck though. Our advice is that you should not click on the link and whatever you do, don't read their truly terrible articles.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223May 5, 2023 2:46 PM

My Gawd! His teeth!!!! Disgusting. Camilla needs to take him in hand. I have a question? For all these neighborhood parties in various communities, can I just go to anyone I want or to several and eat free food? Who organizes them, and where does the food come from and who pays? And doe you have to prove you live there? I would think they'd want a good showing and anyone may come.

by Anonymousreply 224May 5, 2023 3:01 PM

[quote] Of course she did the boxes, but I bet you Charles reads the papers in those boxes diligently, makes notes, and and asks questions about them. MAybe it will upset his Prime Ministers and his government, but Charles is going to pay attention, and do it in a way she never did.

That’s a good thing for Charles to do. I actually agree with the anti-monarchists that having a purely ceremonial monarchy is stupid. If you have a monarchical system in place, why not take advantage of the benefits of it? A non-political head of state should be used to advise the government and be able to put his foot down to prevent extremism.

by Anonymousreply 225May 5, 2023 3:30 PM

He should have to take a mental competency test!

by Anonymousreply 226May 5, 2023 3:38 PM

You first, Nimrata.

by Anonymousreply 227May 5, 2023 3:52 PM

I don't care. I'm sleeping late.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 228May 5, 2023 3:55 PM

I'm looking forward to Charles being King. Tomorrow marks the beginning of a new era for the Brits. Charles will have a real effect on his country. Plus he makes good copy. And Camilla? Didn't they used to call one another "Pete and Gladys?" Perfect! They are the Ironic Couple unpretentious about being pretentious.

by Anonymousreply 229May 5, 2023 3:56 PM

[quote]If a family is intending to rule me

by Anonymousreply 230May 5, 2023 4:40 PM

I do hope Charles and Camilla see a good dentist in America before they smile for the cameras tomorrow. They both need professional cosmetic dentistry.

by Anonymousreply 231May 5, 2023 4:51 PM

R224 "His teeth!!!! Disgusting. Camilla needs to take him in hand. "

My mutha fuckin sides!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232May 5, 2023 4:52 PM

R231 the might at least have used the Crest White Strips in the days leading up to the BIG DAY.

by Anonymousreply 233May 5, 2023 4:54 PM

Charles teeth tell me he has very little enamel left and he has destroyed his teeth by drinking too much coffee, black tea, and alcohol. He probably had a vitamin deficiency at some point as well. And WTF kind of toothpaste does he use? Because if he'd at least brush twice a day with a strong whitening agent he'd look a little better than he does. As one ages one loses enamel. He is a public figure. He should have been treated, or at least rinse with hydrogen peroxide.

by Anonymousreply 234May 5, 2023 4:57 PM

R217 Yank opinions don't matter nor do British opinions because it's an unelected hereditary monarchy you dolt.

by Anonymousreply 235May 5, 2023 5:04 PM

He should have had implants by now. He can certainly afford them.

by Anonymousreply 236May 5, 2023 5:26 PM

They don't have the same aesthetic and dental care that Americans do. They don't care that much about their teeth. Even Queen Elizabeth's teeth weren't that great.

by Anonymousreply 237May 5, 2023 5:40 PM

He is a bad tempered, spoilt and selfish man. He has demonstrated that many times. It’s only a matter of time until having to remain impartial gets the better of him and he blows up.

by Anonymousreply 238May 5, 2023 5:43 PM

I just can’t with his Shar Pei face.

by Anonymousreply 239May 5, 2023 6:08 PM

[quote]She has to be assigned some responsibility for the way they all turned out.

Someone airs this opinion at least once a month on Datalounge, probably you.

by Anonymousreply 240May 5, 2023 6:11 PM

Anne and Edward came out OK. Andrew is obviously the worst and he was QE's favorite.

by Anonymousreply 241May 5, 2023 6:15 PM

Yes, R241, but we don't really know how OK Edward is, and Charles definitely has issues. He's pretty fucked up. I think it's the whole Monarchy thing. Knowing from birth you are singled out. You will be King. The expectation level is high and it separates you from your brothers. Anne and Charles are close but he isn't close to his brothers. And he holds the whip hand because he controls where they live and how much money they get. There's a lot to resent there. And of course Harry and William are estranged to all reports. And honestly those two boys growing up in that household when Charles and Diana were at war had an impact.

by Anonymousreply 242May 5, 2023 8:15 PM

R233 Crest White Strips ? They're beyond that. Charles and Camilla need to scrub their teeth with 20 Mule Team Borax to get them to 'almost beige'.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243May 5, 2023 8:43 PM

[quote] Yes, [R241], but we don't really know how OK Edward is

We don't know how Edward compromised his life or if he really is gay in his heart, but leads the life mummy demanded of him. He never succeeded in show business they way he wanted and his friendships with Andrew Lloyd Webber and Michael Ball ended in tears.

As he mentioned: "I love the razzmatazz of show business," Edward said in 1987. "It's a wonderful world of fantasy and make-believe."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 244May 5, 2023 9:29 PM

I've got 3 different channels on record. No way is this Californian getting up at 3 a.m.

My partner isn't that interested in the Monarchy but likes events and pageantry. When I told him there is an official dish, the Coronation Quiche, he assumed I was making it and got excited. I am NOT making it but I felt bad and just bought two small spinach and mushroom ones at Trader Joe's, and a bottle of Port.

There is a lunar eclipse today and I predict Charles' reign will be turbulent. He has a loopy wife who, if not actively disparaged, does not engender much respect or admiration, a son who is aggressively puncturing the mystique of everything Royal, and a brother who is so radioactive he has been stripped of his HRH title and even his house.

On the other hand, the English are very good at muddling through, so there might not be much public drama at all.

by Anonymousreply 245May 5, 2023 9:30 PM

Oh r245. I am making it. I decided if that pouf Nicholas Fairford can make it, so can I. It's so simple. You can do it!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246May 5, 2023 9:34 PM

R231 Are there any orthodontists in Britain?

by Anonymousreply 247May 5, 2023 9:37 PM

No quiche for me. I haven't yet decided whether to do the scones or the smoked Salmon and bagels.

by Anonymousreply 248May 5, 2023 9:39 PM

[quote] I am NOT making it but I felt bad and just bought two small spinach and mushroom ones at Trader Joe's

R245, it's not too late to excise those mushrooms and insert edamame, or, à la Nicolas Fairford, canellini beans and make it a proper Coronation Quiche like what the King and Queen will be chowing down on.

by Anonymousreply 249May 5, 2023 9:46 PM

I'm doing Coronation everything ~ Quiche and Chicken all weekend.

by Anonymousreply 250May 5, 2023 9:47 PM

I remember watching live his investiture in 1969, but I’ll pass on his coronation.

by Anonymousreply 251May 5, 2023 9:54 PM

I have some Trader Joe’s Curry Chicken Salad in the fridge. Will that do as “Coronation Chicken?”

by Anonymousreply 252May 5, 2023 10:43 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253May 5, 2023 10:44 PM

Lady Louise gets a pass but what is going on with her hands?

by Anonymousreply 254May 5, 2023 10:46 PM

Anne wore her puffer. Zara Tindall looks the best she ever has.

by Anonymousreply 255May 5, 2023 10:48 PM

Zara is attractive but here she looks like a sales rep at a timeshare seminar.

by Anonymousreply 256May 5, 2023 10:58 PM

Its all so fabulous!

by Anonymousreply 257May 5, 2023 11:02 PM

Princess Michael of Cunt is holding a fan. That's for fanning the flames when she whips off her jacket to expose the Blackamoor brooch.

by Anonymousreply 258May 5, 2023 11:10 PM

I'm not making anything but I do plan to drink tea.

by Anonymousreply 259May 5, 2023 11:11 PM

[quote] My partner isn't that interested in the Monarchy but likes events and pageantry. When I told him there is an official dish, the Coronation Quiche, he assumed I was making it and got excited. I am NOT making it but I felt bad and just bought two small spinach and mushroom ones at Trader Joe's, and a bottle of Port.

Your partner sounds cute if he got excited about coronation quiche.

by Anonymousreply 260May 5, 2023 11:12 PM

[quote] I have some Trader Joe’s Curry Chicken Salad in the fridge. Will that do as “Coronation Chicken?”

Friggin' yanks!

by Anonymousreply 261May 5, 2023 11:17 PM

I think I'll try the Coronation Quiche at some point. I mean it's vegetarian, and sounds perfectly tasty, as well as high in non-lethal proteins.

Decent of the old boy to make his big-deal coronation dish meatless.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 262May 5, 2023 11:27 PM

{quote] He never succeeded in show business they way he wanted and his friendships with Andrew Lloyd Webber and Michael Ball ended in tears.

Seems Prince Edward and Michael Ball were in the news for a time, but quickly out of the news when Edwards show business venture failed. Guess that is when he was told to 'buck up and find a wife'.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 263May 5, 2023 11:30 PM

^^ Looks like Michael is absolutely titillating looking at his Prince!

by Anonymousreply 264May 5, 2023 11:31 PM

R254, she looks incredibly sad and so does her brother.

by Anonymousreply 265May 5, 2023 11:37 PM

That frock Lady Louise is wearing is perfection. It's young but just sophisticated and dressy enough to be appropriate for a soiree.

by Anonymousreply 266May 5, 2023 11:39 PM

I wonder who is the designer^.

by Anonymousreply 267May 5, 2023 11:40 PM

Looks like God is pissing on His anointed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 268May 5, 2023 11:44 PM

R263

'The 19-year-old daughter of the Duke and Duchess of Edinburgh opted for a Mary Katrantzou lace cocktail dress as she arrived at the private members' club Oswald's in Mayfair for a royal get together on the eve of the King's coronation.

Her mother Sophie, 58, wore the frock in 2015 when attending an award ceremony in London - and proving it's still a stylish number, Lady Louise decided to wear it tonight.'

by Anonymousreply 269May 5, 2023 11:46 PM

^^^ Sorry, meant for R267

by Anonymousreply 270May 5, 2023 11:47 PM

Thanks, r270

by Anonymousreply 271May 5, 2023 11:50 PM

Who knows whether Edward is a happy man or not, all we see is his "dutiful" face. But I genuinely respect him for both trying to make his personal dreams come true, and for making a good job of being a working royal, when his dreams of being an actor or producer didn't come true. Sometimes life throws us disappointments or surprises, Edward seems to have dealt with his well enough.

I do hope he's found some personal happiness, and the sort of enviable work/life balance that Anne seems to have. Which is, of course, far more life than work, and don't I wish it was the same for me!

by Anonymousreply 272May 5, 2023 11:52 PM

Joined by "the Wessexes"? James seems kind of young to have married already.

by Anonymousreply 273May 5, 2023 11:54 PM

In addition to the Windsor-Mountbattens, there are also hordes of other royals visiting. The reception today kicked off the fun.

The Greeks Marie-Chantal in ivory and pearls looking slightly pinched around the face. Queen Anne-Marie is a too casual shirt dress, but at her age and station she looks comfortable.

Belgium The continental version of Lady Louise, the crown princess Elizabeth, who one hopes will grow into her looks. She looks like a nice person.

Dutch Princess of Orange and her hair looking good in a navy suit. If she lost 50lbs she’d be a supermodel. There are some killer cheekbones waiting to emerge. With her resources, you have to wonder why she doesn’t commit to losing the weight?

Sweden Victoria looking slightly manic in bright pink.

Jordan Rania looks thirsty as ever and her long brown dress is too high fashion to be flattering on her underweight body.

Spain Speaking of underweight, Letizia is too old to be as thin as she is and her face looks skeletal. She continues with her odd orange-pink eye shadow and aggressively curled eyelashes. She cannot be a fun spouse.

Monaco Is Charlene transitioning? Something looks very off with her tonight.

Denmark Mary looks lovely, as usual.

Norway Mette Marit looking healthy while dressing for a body she hasn’t had for 20 years.

by Anonymousreply 274May 6, 2023 12:09 AM

[quote] I think I'll try the Coronation Quiche at some point. I mean it's vegetarian, and sounds perfectly tasty, as well as high in non-lethal proteins.

I couldn't find and broad/fava beans, so I assume lima beans will do.

by Anonymousreply 275May 6, 2023 12:15 AM

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 276May 6, 2023 12:19 AM

Special Coronation Breakfast

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 277May 6, 2023 1:32 AM

A light May rain is a good omen.

by Anonymousreply 278May 6, 2023 1:36 AM

The whole event, be it in rain or shine, will be absolutely breathtaking. What a shame for those of you who remain ignorant to both the historical and present relevance of this grand event.

by Anonymousreply 279May 6, 2023 2:21 AM

MARY.

by Anonymousreply 280May 6, 2023 2:23 AM

I hope it's raining, windy, stormy weather

by Anonymousreply 281May 6, 2023 2:24 AM

Is Zara trans?

by Anonymousreply 282May 6, 2023 2:28 AM

R279 Keep you fanny dry dearie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283May 6, 2023 2:29 AM

No.

by Anonymousreply 284May 6, 2023 2:35 AM

BTW, is Prince Louis pronounced "looey" or like "Lewis"? I've never heard anyone say his name out loud.

by Anonymousreply 285May 6, 2023 2:35 AM

R161 frightening photo. William is a scary dude

by Anonymousreply 286May 6, 2023 2:37 AM

I have UK heritage so we’re going to record/pretend to watch the coronation then have afternoon tea and talk about everything but the coronation.

by Anonymousreply 287May 6, 2023 2:37 AM

Since Camilla is going to be Queen are her kids given the Prince and Princess titles?

by Anonymousreply 288May 6, 2023 2:40 AM

Hard to.imagine Camilla will be crowned with the same jeweled crown that Elizabeth wore on her coronation. Camilla hasn't earned this

by Anonymousreply 289May 6, 2023 2:42 AM

No, R289, Charles is being crowned with that one (actually, he's being crowned with 2 crowns). Camilla is being crowned with the same crown that Queen Mary wore when she was Consort. Though they're changing some of the stones.

R285, I think it's pronounced "Looey"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 290May 6, 2023 2:50 AM

I was out in Trafalgar Square just before 1 am tonight, and the Mall is packed already.

by Anonymousreply 291May 6, 2023 2:54 AM

R289, oh yes she has. She's earned a 100 times over. I will safely bet that Charles will create titles for Camilla's two kids if they want them, and that is practically a sure thing. Your mother is the fucking Queen. So yeah. But I also bet he will give titles to the Middletons. Then he can justify Kate doing a public appearance accompanied by her mother, while William does one on his own. The working Royals are getting a bit thin. Not many of them around, and Gloucester and Kent are aging out very rapidly. Watching them in photos and videos you can tell they're very pleased Charles is using them more. But they're in their 80's. So they title Camilla's kids, and they give titles to the Middletons and they can cover more ground. I am not saying that Carol Middleton will be cutting any ribbons on her own. But she can accompany her daughter while Willie goes to another event. Although I can see James and Pippa doing something on their own. Not saying this will happen, them doing appearances. But I do believe they will be titled.

by Anonymousreply 292May 6, 2023 2:54 AM

The Brits say Looey.

by Anonymousreply 293May 6, 2023 2:55 AM

I'm on call overnight tonight. Since I'll be up, I might as well spend the evening with you bitches.

by Anonymousreply 294May 6, 2023 2:57 AM

[quote]But I also bet he will give titles to the Middletons.

Those chavs? Are you daft?

by Anonymousreply 295May 6, 2023 2:58 AM

We love you VOTN. At least some of us old timers do. Glad you stopped by.

by Anonymousreply 296May 6, 2023 2:59 AM

Megs @ R4. :)

by Anonymousreply 297May 6, 2023 3:00 AM

Only 7 more hours!

by Anonymousreply 298May 6, 2023 3:01 AM

I think Beatrice and Eugenie will become part time working Royals. Maybe Zara or Peter Phillips might as well. That will set the stage for Harry doing part time work. Notice I said Harry. Just HArry. Beatrice and Eugenie and Zara have commoner spouses. They are decidedly not Royals. But if they agree to it and Charles can work it out,HArry, Beatrice, Eugenie, Peter Phillips and Zara can do some particular patronages, very limited, and be viewed as part time. What that does is set the stage for a new, modern monarchy where people have personal lives and jobs, and do the royal patronage thing part time. That is William's future.

by Anonymousreply 299May 6, 2023 3:04 AM

Where is it streaming? I missed on the funeral, but when we did this for Will and Kate's wedding, the Palace streamed it on YouTube.

Thankfully, I've got my laptop with me.

by Anonymousreply 300May 6, 2023 3:05 AM

Charles needs to pay his fucking taxes because people are hurting right now in the UK, and this Monarch thing is going to wear thin.

by Anonymousreply 301May 6, 2023 3:05 AM

I saw a live web cam of the Abbey and the streets are all blocked off and there's security but no crowds. Some people out for a walk, but it was very still and quiet.

by Anonymousreply 302May 6, 2023 3:06 AM

I'm gonna take a nap shortly, but I'm getting up to watch this. My husband surprised me today when he said he'd watch it with me and make us a nice breakfast. He hears me talk about the Royals so much, that I think he's curious about what I always go on about. I love European history, and am looking forward to watching something so historical, that I've only ever read about.

by Anonymousreply 303May 6, 2023 3:24 AM

DL might explode in splooge today once the gringo queens wake up from their beauty sleep, this site has never experienced a British coronation before. I recall being here during Megs' wedding and it got pretty intense. Granted, that was before the endless primetime.

by Anonymousreply 304May 6, 2023 3:52 AM

R295 Looey

by Anonymousreply 305May 6, 2023 3:55 AM

Working royals is a funny term. As far as I can tell they’re actually the ones who don’t work. They’re on the dole. But the other royals all have to earn a regular living.

by Anonymousreply 306May 6, 2023 4:16 AM

For R300, link to BBC live stream

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 307May 6, 2023 4:59 AM

Nepomeat coronatia

by Anonymousreply 308May 6, 2023 5:03 AM

Police are saying the Mall is beyond capacity, crowds are now being re-routed to St. James to watch on large screens.

by Anonymousreply 309May 6, 2023 5:42 AM

Full coverage has started here via the BBC now. 6.45 am UK time right now. Everyone seems pretty excited.

One of the things I most love about these Royal events is when they interview interesting and important people - who are often specialists or the top authority in their field. They also interview people in the crowd and that is actually probably more fascinating. Often they are real characters with interesting stories which produce a chuckle or leave you thinking about their story - sometimes sad stories. Some of them dress up in flags and bring their plate collection or story of an interaction with one of the Royals. It's all a bit of good fun.

I have been watching The Windsors on Netfix this afternoon. It's actually pretty funny.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 310May 6, 2023 5:46 AM

Rejoicers awake! The glorious day is here. God is preparing to put his magic into Charles in full view of the public, with the archbishop acting as the lubricant.

by Anonymousreply 311May 6, 2023 6:16 AM

[quote] Charles needs to pay his fucking taxes because people are hurting right now in the UK, and this Monarch thing is going to wear thin.

Thank you, Miss Walter Bagehot, for that expert insight.

by Anonymousreply 312May 6, 2023 6:35 AM

WATCH LIVE: King Charles III Coronation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 313May 6, 2023 6:48 AM

I'd watch some of it if it were on at a decent time. But I'm in Phoenix visiting my parents and flying out tomorrow. So, I'm not going to get up at 2 am to watch. I'll see the highlights and I'm sure they'll be plenty of threads here.

by Anonymousreply 314May 6, 2023 6:53 AM

Done watching the first hour of coverage. Mostly some handsome soldiers marching around. Stephen Fry showed up. That's about it, so far.

by Anonymousreply 315May 6, 2023 6:54 AM

Breakfast TV here in the UK is reaching new depths of sycophantic ecstasy watching people arrive at Westminster Abbey. I think that’s enough for me. I’m going out for lunch with friends.

by Anonymousreply 316May 6, 2023 7:08 AM

Considering Charles is trying to reduce the number of royals, it’s next to impossible he will bestow titles on the Middletons or Camilla’s kids. He only grudgingly gave Edward the Duke of Edinburgh title and awkwardly - seemingly unwilling - recognized his own grandchildren’s titles. Unlike a Disney films, kings cannot arbitrarily hand out titles without suffering some real consequences. The royal family is dependent on public goodwill and there is no appetite for new royal titles.

I could see a future King William ennobling his father-in-law, but that’s about it.

by Anonymousreply 317May 6, 2023 7:12 AM

Emma Thompson and her husband the actor Greg Wise are shown coming into Westminster Abbey

by Anonymousreply 318May 6, 2023 7:21 AM

This is the reason for creating new Marquessates. Below a Duke, above and Earl and Baron.

by Anonymousreply 319May 6, 2023 7:25 AM

OMG I just heard a commentator say that Charles has not put a foot wrong, using language to describe his mother. 🤮

by Anonymousreply 320May 6, 2023 7:28 AM

In her interview the other day, Princess Anne seemed to think the monarchy had been slimmed down enough and couldn't be cut any further.

by Anonymousreply 321May 6, 2023 7:32 AM

One expert was talking about the Black Prince Ruby without mentioning that it isn't a ruby at all.

by Anonymousreply 322May 6, 2023 7:33 AM

I have zero interest in watching the coronation events because King Charles III is old and ugly instead of young and hot.

by Anonymousreply 323May 6, 2023 7:36 AM

The Middletons made their own money. They don’t need titles to validate them.

by Anonymousreply 324May 6, 2023 7:39 AM

Where should I go to watch a broadcast that doesn’t go out of its way to kiss Charles’ ass? BBC News and Sky have been embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 325May 6, 2023 7:49 AM

R321: The longtime holder of the title “Hardest Working Royal” has been Princess Anne, who is #16 in the line of succession. Unfortunately, everyone between her and Charles is too young, too old, or too uninterested in performing Royal engagements…I think Charles himself is experiencing what happens once the slimming down process begins.

by Anonymousreply 326May 6, 2023 7:55 AM

Jamie Oliver proves that time is a harsh mistress.

by Anonymousreply 327May 6, 2023 7:56 AM

Jamie Oliver, is in need of someone who knows how to tie A WINDSOR KNOT.

by Anonymousreply 328May 6, 2023 7:56 AM

Another hour of coverage - besides Judi Dench, which someone else mentioned, there was also Maggie Smith, Emma Thompson and Joanna Lumley.

by Anonymousreply 329May 6, 2023 7:58 AM

The BBC is really scraping the bottom of the barrel if the best they can do is an aged Jamie Oliver talking about KCIII's plans to feed British schoolchildren.

by Anonymousreply 330May 6, 2023 8:00 AM

I wonder if Camilla is getting in her last sips of alcohol, right now.

by Anonymousreply 331May 6, 2023 8:04 AM

[quote]In her interview the other day, Princess Anne seemed to think the monarchy had been slimmed down enough and couldn't be cut any further.

Slimmed down enough for what??

by Anonymousreply 332May 6, 2023 8:34 AM

So, FLOTUS is who we sent?

I figured that would go to the VP. She looks great, tho.

by Anonymousreply 333May 6, 2023 8:41 AM

CNN’s commentator just said the reason Americans were interested in the coronation was because Meghan Markle married into the royal family. Good grief! Switched to the BBC’s live stream and the music is lovely.

by Anonymousreply 334May 6, 2023 8:43 AM

DW News has no comments whatsoever.

by Anonymousreply 335May 6, 2023 8:46 AM

The Middletons may be brassy as fuck, Hertfordshire/Essex pretending to be Gloucestershire, but they did work - at least the parents did. And they may also have injected some non-ugly into a family that sorely needs it.

by Anonymousreply 336May 6, 2023 8:47 AM

The PBS coverage is far superior to CNN. I hate all the talking heads on American news media.

by Anonymousreply 337May 6, 2023 8:52 AM

Imagine having to sit in Westminster Abbey and have to urinate?

I wonder how many restrooms are in there and how close they are.

by Anonymousreply 338May 6, 2023 8:55 AM

The BBC has been focusing on the music, and it’s lovely. Just saw Macron and mommy arrive.

by Anonymousreply 339May 6, 2023 8:56 AM

I'm liking this Royal Family coverage.

Silent, nobody saying the same thing over and over.

by Anonymousreply 340May 6, 2023 8:58 AM

^Royal Family Channel

by Anonymousreply 341May 6, 2023 8:58 AM

It's beautiful so far. Rainy day in May — could anything be more British?

Nobody does pomp and circumstance like the Brits.

by Anonymousreply 342May 6, 2023 9:08 AM

What in the carousel music is this organ interlude? I feel like I’m watching a silent film in an old vaudeville house.

by Anonymousreply 343May 6, 2023 9:13 AM

Cherie Blairs face is collapsing. She looks like a sad dog

by Anonymousreply 344May 6, 2023 9:15 AM

Where's Theresa May? Where's BoJo? Where's Liz Truss?

by Anonymousreply 345May 6, 2023 9:15 AM

I have it on BBC Live stream on YouTube. Is there any reason to watch a different network or stream?

by Anonymousreply 346May 6, 2023 9:16 AM

I’m expecting some protestors to appear (Republicans and Extinction Rebellion folk). Some republicans have already been detained by the police, and it is not clear why.

I bet they are released later this morning, with it all being declared to be a misunderstanding.

by Anonymousreply 347May 6, 2023 9:16 AM

Oh, there they are.

Glad to know BoJo got a haircut before this.

by Anonymousreply 348May 6, 2023 9:16 AM

Theresa May has arrived, cosplaying as a 1920s flapper.

Her love of clothes, colour and jewellery is one of the few endearing things about her.

by Anonymousreply 349May 6, 2023 9:18 AM

Oh, Lord, what is the Governor General of Canada wearing?

by Anonymousreply 350May 6, 2023 9:19 AM

Commonwealth leaders always look like one’s poor, hillbilly relations.

by Anonymousreply 351May 6, 2023 9:19 AM

Insomnia really does lead one down a dark and self-destructive path.

by Anonymousreply 352May 6, 2023 9:21 AM

Rishi looking ass-fucked to death after getting his cock cleaned in the local election wipeout yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 353May 6, 2023 9:21 AM

The Guardian and Daily Mail reported this week that half of the Commonwealth Realms want to become independent, which lead to a spike in UK Google searches for “what are the Commonwealth Realms?”.

by Anonymousreply 354May 6, 2023 9:22 AM

Given the weather, it seems like God really isn't that into Chuck.

by Anonymousreply 355May 6, 2023 9:22 AM

Not a fan of the blue dreadlocks on the horses.

by Anonymousreply 356May 6, 2023 9:23 AM

[quote]The Guardian and Daily Mail reported this week that half of the Commonwealth Realms want to become independent, which lead to a spike in UK Google searches for “what are the Commonwealth Realms?”.

I predicted that. The Commonwealth held together because of Lilibet, but Chuck is not his mother.

by Anonymousreply 357May 6, 2023 9:23 AM

"Just a light drizzle, nothing more than that."

Babe, the weather looks like absolute shit, it's as if the gods themselves are crying because this nonsense is still a thing in 2023.

by Anonymousreply 358May 6, 2023 9:24 AM

They were waddling in, some of those commonwealth leaders and spouses. Sloth.

by Anonymousreply 359May 6, 2023 9:24 AM

It must be a great responsibility knowing that one has been chosen by God to be king.

by Anonymousreply 360May 6, 2023 9:24 AM

[quote] Rishi looking ass-fucked to death after getting his cock cleaned in the local election wipeout yesterday.

This week’s elections are very likely the reason why the coronation was set for this date. The government will be glad of the distraction.

by Anonymousreply 361May 6, 2023 9:25 AM

The grey horses are elegant.

by Anonymousreply 362May 6, 2023 9:26 AM

I love that sound of multiple horseshoes meeting ground.

by Anonymousreply 363May 6, 2023 9:27 AM

[quote]Babe, the weather looks like absolute shit, it's as if the gods themselves are crying because this nonsense is still a thing in 2023.

Yes. It's dreary AF.

Also, remembering how packed the streets were for William and Kate's wedding, unless they're actually capacity controlling this, it seems like the public isn't that into it.

by Anonymousreply 364May 6, 2023 9:28 AM

It’s amazing that they’ve hidden the modern updates to the coach so well. You really wonder how they kid the hydraulics and A/C.

by Anonymousreply 365May 6, 2023 9:28 AM

This thread is so fucking slow, WHET klan grannies?

by Anonymousreply 366May 6, 2023 9:28 AM

That view of the carriage riding down The Mall with all those Union Jacks and the palace in the back.. beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 367May 6, 2023 9:29 AM

What's the flag flying over Buckingham Palace?

by Anonymousreply 368May 6, 2023 9:29 AM

Where is Oprah and Gayle?

by Anonymousreply 369May 6, 2023 9:29 AM

I wonder what Queen Camilla is thinking right now. Happy? Triumphant? Apprehensive? Terrified?

She must eb very aware of not appearing too delighted.

by Anonymousreply 370May 6, 2023 9:29 AM

The weather is no omen. It rained and was much colder for the Queen’s coronation.

by Anonymousreply 371May 6, 2023 9:30 AM

R368 royal standard, if I’m not mistaken

by Anonymousreply 372May 6, 2023 9:30 AM

How many horses are involved in this day? (besides the obvious human ones)

by Anonymousreply 373May 6, 2023 9:30 AM

[quote]She must eb very aware of not appearing too delighted.

Her inner monolog is probably something to the effect of "I win, motherfuckers."

by Anonymousreply 374May 6, 2023 9:31 AM

I am hoping that the ghost of Diana's shows up in the Abbey like the ghost of Fruma Sarah.

by Anonymousreply 375May 6, 2023 9:32 AM

Some of those horsies are super unruly, what's going on?

by Anonymousreply 376May 6, 2023 9:32 AM

r376 Animals are especially apt when it comes to sensing looming evil.

by Anonymousreply 377May 6, 2023 9:33 AM

[quote]I am hoping that the ghost of Diana's shows up in the Abbey like the ghost of Fruma Sarah.

If a lightning bolt strikes the Abbey, we'll have our answer.

by Anonymousreply 378May 6, 2023 9:33 AM

I was thinking the same, R376 — I find it amusing how some of the horses are not having it

by Anonymousreply 379May 6, 2023 9:33 AM

Camilla's ex is at the coronation Would Princess Diana have attended had she been alive?

by Anonymousreply 380May 6, 2023 9:33 AM

Diana is there in spirit ready to receive her deserved crown.

by Anonymousreply 381May 6, 2023 9:33 AM

There's a decent turnout on the streets.

They've got to be relieved about that.

After all, besides the official and religious purpose of the Coronation, I'm also looking at a promotion for tourism, right?

by Anonymousreply 382May 6, 2023 9:34 AM

The horse are giving everyone a rough ride, aren't they?

by Anonymousreply 383May 6, 2023 9:34 AM

The sky does show why you usually only do state events in the UK after June to try and summon the good weather. Still its better than that time at the diamond jubilee where it was raining so bad it looked Phil was going to start having to bail out the boat.

by Anonymousreply 384May 6, 2023 9:35 AM

R293, looney Looey

by Anonymousreply 385May 6, 2023 9:35 AM

Tears from Heaven....

by Anonymousreply 386May 6, 2023 9:36 AM

Yes, R380 — the Spencers, naturally, are avid monarchists. Diana would have shown up.

by Anonymousreply 387May 6, 2023 9:36 AM

If Diana is actually still alive and has been somewhere in hiding, now is the time to make her move. Shove her usurper off the consort’s throne.

by Anonymousreply 388May 6, 2023 9:36 AM

If they'd put Anne in charge of the horses, none of this would have happened.

by Anonymousreply 389May 6, 2023 9:37 AM

This doesn’t really count as rain. Not proper rain.

Look at the footage of QE2’s coronation if you want to see rain.

by Anonymousreply 390May 6, 2023 9:37 AM

The anointing will be screened off so nobody will see the oil burst into flamed. They will be so removed from the attendees that nobody will smell it either

by Anonymousreply 391May 6, 2023 9:38 AM

Hey, Jersey Boys!

by Anonymousreply 392May 6, 2023 9:38 AM

HARRY!!!

by Anonymousreply 393May 6, 2023 9:38 AM

Any DL horse whisperers here?

Why do they keep bobbing their heads up and down?

by Anonymousreply 394May 6, 2023 9:39 AM

Beatrice and Eugenia and their husbands are tasked with keeping Harry preoccupied and behaved

by Anonymousreply 395May 6, 2023 9:40 AM

[quote]There's a decent turnout on the streets.

Honestly, it looks sparse to me.

I'm reminded of the alternate universe of V For Vendetta, when Zara was Queen.

by Anonymousreply 396May 6, 2023 9:40 AM

Black sheep officially in tha haus.

by Anonymousreply 397May 6, 2023 9:40 AM

Ridiculous that all the BBC commentators say the same script about Duchess M unable to attend do to the son's birthday party.

by Anonymousreply 398May 6, 2023 9:41 AM

that silver horse is beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 399May 6, 2023 9:41 AM

Is Anne in her uniform again?

And has anyone checked on Princess Michael of Kent?

by Anonymousreply 400May 6, 2023 9:41 AM

The Duke and Duchess of Gloucester look suitably regal.

by Anonymousreply 401May 6, 2023 9:42 AM

Can't believe Truss is there. I'd have pulled a sickie out of embarrassment if I were her.

Beatrice's dress would be lovely if it weren't for the puffy sleeves.

by Anonymousreply 402May 6, 2023 9:42 AM

Anne is looking like a person who is wearing their entire wardrobe on a plane rather than pay extra for luggage.

by Anonymousreply 403May 6, 2023 9:42 AM

I think it’s fine, R398 — better to not give that hussy any more coverage than necessary. If her name gets mentioned only once today, that’s one time too many.

by Anonymousreply 404May 6, 2023 9:43 AM

72 year old Princess Royal is going to ride a horse behind the coach on the way back. Impressive.

by Anonymousreply 405May 6, 2023 9:43 AM

Anne looks so commanding, she'd've looked glorious on that throne tonight. Alas...

by Anonymousreply 406May 6, 2023 9:44 AM

I hope Megan released pictures of the birthday party at Chucky Cheese.

by Anonymousreply 407May 6, 2023 9:44 AM

[quote]Can't believe Truss is there. I'd have pulled a sickie out of embarrassment if I were her.

Liz of 49 Days...But she gets to eat out on that for the rest of her life.

[quote]72 year old Princess Royal is going to ride a horse behind the coach on the way back. Impressive.

There's a reason Anne became my favorite member of the Firm.

by Anonymousreply 408May 6, 2023 9:45 AM

r396 Its twenty to Eleven on a Saturday morning and raining. You'll only really be able to judge how many turned up when they open up the mall for the balcony appearance in the afternoon. If its not too many you'll probably get some Trump inauguration like pictures kicking around.

by Anonymousreply 409May 6, 2023 9:45 AM

Will Elon Musk ban BBC as state propaganda?

by Anonymousreply 410May 6, 2023 9:46 AM

The Royal standard flying over the palace is the size of a clipper ship’s sail, very theatrical, love it.

by Anonymousreply 411May 6, 2023 9:46 AM

Anne should have been the Queen. Charles is so C list.

by Anonymousreply 412May 6, 2023 9:47 AM

I didn't see any European Royalty enter. Were they seated first?

by Anonymousreply 413May 6, 2023 9:48 AM

R413 I just spotted the Dutch King and Queen, also the Spanish King

by Anonymousreply 414May 6, 2023 9:51 AM

Harry is seated behind Anne.

by Anonymousreply 415May 6, 2023 9:51 AM

I don't hate Markle. I dislike her.

Seriously, she really should not have avoided being there. She's watching this and I think she may be regretting it now, if not for herself, on behalf of their children

by Anonymousreply 416May 6, 2023 9:51 AM

Good thing Harold is tall because The Princess Royal's red feather is quite high.

by Anonymousreply 417May 6, 2023 9:52 AM

They arrived a little bit early. Charles must want to throw a fit

by Anonymousreply 418May 6, 2023 9:52 AM

R413, the foreign royals are sitting across the aisle from the British Royal Family. King Willem-Alexander of The Netherlands is there, and the King of Jordan.

by Anonymousreply 419May 6, 2023 9:52 AM

Is Prince MBS there?

by Anonymousreply 420May 6, 2023 9:52 AM

Damian, er, excuse me, I mean Louis!

by Anonymousreply 421May 6, 2023 9:52 AM

camilla looks nasty. Her dress is caught up in her legs. She's wearing white high heels like a hooker

by Anonymousreply 422May 6, 2023 9:53 AM

The Middletons are in row 5, just behind the Royal Family.

by Anonymousreply 423May 6, 2023 9:54 AM

Charles looks old as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 424May 6, 2023 9:55 AM

The Duke of Westminster was carrying the standard of England.

by Anonymousreply 425May 6, 2023 9:56 AM

Major Jonny!

by Anonymousreply 426May 6, 2023 9:56 AM

Is that Major Johnny I spy telling the kids off for holding Charles robes wrong?

by Anonymousreply 427May 6, 2023 9:56 AM

Ooh the hunky Scot is there! Right behind KC3

by Anonymousreply 428May 6, 2023 9:56 AM

The pages of honour are cute English white boys. Not multi-multi yet.

by Anonymousreply 429May 6, 2023 9:56 AM

YES r427!! Right behind the King

by Anonymousreply 430May 6, 2023 9:57 AM

Did you spot Charles complaining about something to the priest just then? He is such a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 431May 6, 2023 9:58 AM

It's good to see so many people of colour in today's proceedings.

by Anonymousreply 432May 6, 2023 9:58 AM

Kate actually looks stunning in her royal regalia, while Camilla looks like she rolled out of bed.

by Anonymousreply 433May 6, 2023 9:59 AM

Camilla looks great. So does KC.

He looks happy.

I've always liked Charles, ever since he started talking about environmentalism, way back in the day.

by Anonymousreply 434May 6, 2023 9:59 AM

Love the Parry….

by Anonymousreply 435May 6, 2023 9:59 AM

Camilla looks nice. Her dress is really pretty, and Charles looks oldish and distinguished. Quite right.

by Anonymousreply 436May 6, 2023 10:00 AM

an explosion or something similar would liven things up.

by Anonymousreply 437May 6, 2023 10:00 AM

This looks like the opening of a Monte Python movie. Cue the Big Foot

by Anonymousreply 438May 6, 2023 10:00 AM

[quote]I don't hate Markle. I dislike her. Seriously, she really should not have avoided being there. She's watching this and I think she may be regretting it now, if not for herself, on behalf of their children

You're a GD liar. You're entire life is spent posting day and night about Meghan. This is a disgusting event. It's a $100 million dollar, "how great am I party" to charles and his former mistress. Parading all these riches in a church

by Anonymousreply 439May 6, 2023 10:00 AM

I feel by her vaguely bemused expression Camilla may have had a drop or 2 of gin. Or the surrealness of what's happening has just hit her. Or both!

by Anonymousreply 440May 6, 2023 10:00 AM

CNN Anderson Cooper has given us a heads up that Looey/Louis is not normal. He said Looey will retire with his nanny when ceremony begins

by Anonymousreply 441May 6, 2023 10:00 AM

RIP Princess Diana

by Anonymousreply 442May 6, 2023 10:01 AM

Who's the stud in the kilt?

by Anonymousreply 443May 6, 2023 10:01 AM

[quote] Camilla looks nice. Her dress is really pretty,

are you kidding? it big and misshappen. It makes her look bigger than ever

by Anonymousreply 444May 6, 2023 10:01 AM

Who is the young dishy soldier in black at the end of Camilla's train?

by Anonymousreply 445May 6, 2023 10:02 AM

Camilla looks terrible

by Anonymousreply 446May 6, 2023 10:02 AM

[quote] It's good to see so many people of colour in today's proceedings.

It’s a wonderful way to give the bitch Meghan the middle finger.

by Anonymousreply 447May 6, 2023 10:02 AM

Why does Camilla look like she will burst out in laughter?

by Anonymousreply 448May 6, 2023 10:02 AM

Is this the Andrew Lloyd music? It's very theatrical and movie like.

by Anonymousreply 449May 6, 2023 10:02 AM

I know it’s silly, but it’s hard not to imagine Diana on this day.

by Anonymousreply 450May 6, 2023 10:02 AM

Perhaps the Crown is convinced that the investment from the public coffers will pay dividends with increased tourist dollars.

Camilla has really saggy titties.

by Anonymousreply 451May 6, 2023 10:02 AM

Camiller looking like a fucking Quasimodo in that outfit, Jesus Christ.

by Anonymousreply 452May 6, 2023 10:02 AM

Vivat Regina Camilla!

Mind you, she looks terrified.

by Anonymousreply 453May 6, 2023 10:02 AM

[quote]I feel by her vaguely bemused expression Camilla may have had a drop or 2 of gin. Or the surrealness of what's happening has just hit her. Or both!

whores always get funny when they're in a church

by Anonymousreply 454May 6, 2023 10:03 AM

Yeah, Camilla looks awful, but she has on an amazing necklace.

by Anonymousreply 455May 6, 2023 10:03 AM

That old bitch is drunk as a skunk

by Anonymousreply 456May 6, 2023 10:04 AM

He must be feeling overwhelmed - almost like having your entire life flashing before your eyes. He must be thinking of his parents but knowing they had to be dead for him to be there. …. Harry’s bald spot is getting enormous.

by Anonymousreply 457May 6, 2023 10:04 AM

R447 can we please not make everything about her?

by Anonymousreply 458May 6, 2023 10:04 AM

It's almost like Camilla knows she doesn't belong there

by Anonymousreply 459May 6, 2023 10:05 AM

Kate looks like a Disney princess.

by Anonymousreply 460May 6, 2023 10:05 AM

Those poor choristers having to get their mouths around the words "vivat regina Camilla" to tune. That's a new addition to the ceremony presumably now she's Queen not Queen consort

by Anonymousreply 461May 6, 2023 10:05 AM

[quote]Perhaps the Crown is convinced that the investment from the public coffers will pay dividends with increased tourist dollars.

It won't. There weren't that many people. Royal weddings have lots and lots more tourists

by Anonymousreply 462May 6, 2023 10:05 AM

Which tiara is Kate wearing? It’s a bit too overwhelming, but she always looks best with her hair up. Charlotte looks cute with her similar tiara.

by Anonymousreply 463May 6, 2023 10:05 AM

Camilla looks to be developing a hunchback. But then, a lot of old people get that hunched over look.

by Anonymousreply 464May 6, 2023 10:05 AM

Is Charles such a weepy sentimental man, always seem to be over emotional in these things

by Anonymousreply 465May 6, 2023 10:05 AM

RIP PRINCESS DIANA

by Anonymousreply 466May 6, 2023 10:06 AM

Crazy to think that little homosexual paige boy is gonna ruin all of this one day by insisting his man gets crowned alongside him.

by Anonymousreply 467May 6, 2023 10:06 AM

Ahhh that choirboy who welcomed Charles. Adorable.

by Anonymousreply 468May 6, 2023 10:07 AM

Seeing a diamond the size of a lemon in the scepter is quite a sight.

by Anonymousreply 469May 6, 2023 10:07 AM

This thread doesn't update quickly, even when I refresh.

by Anonymousreply 470May 6, 2023 10:08 AM

[quote]It’s a wonderful way to give the bitch Meghan the middle finger.

Actually it looks exactly as it is, them inviting a bunch of black people they don't know, just so people won't call them out for their racism.

It's fake.

by Anonymousreply 471May 6, 2023 10:08 AM

Now, the boring parts.

by Anonymousreply 472May 6, 2023 10:08 AM

[quote] RIP PRINCESS DIANA

VIVAT REGINA CAMILLA!

by Anonymousreply 473May 6, 2023 10:08 AM

I does sadden me that Diana is not sitting there next to Charles awaiting her justly deserved coronation.

by Anonymousreply 474May 6, 2023 10:08 AM

That 12 year old boy handled being the first person to speak solo in this better than I would. I'd have probably burst into tears and legged it out of the abbey.

by Anonymousreply 475May 6, 2023 10:09 AM

Yes, that boy was very composed.

by Anonymousreply 476May 6, 2023 10:10 AM

They also invited a lot of very large fat ladies.

by Anonymousreply 477May 6, 2023 10:10 AM

who has to dust that place?

ugh

by Anonymousreply 478May 6, 2023 10:11 AM

Holy shit…that Finney guy was hot…the St George Cross holder.

by Anonymousreply 479May 6, 2023 10:12 AM

How many goddamn thrones does a man need?

by Anonymousreply 480May 6, 2023 10:13 AM

Whoever did Cammy's hair should be drawn and quartered. She looks rather bedraggled, as if she just came in out of the rain.

by Anonymousreply 481May 6, 2023 10:13 AM

Ladies wear tiaras in the evening.

by Anonymousreply 482May 6, 2023 10:13 AM

Charles looks like he is overcome with emotion. I hope he doesn’t keel over before the end of the ceremony.

by Anonymousreply 483May 6, 2023 10:14 AM

charles looks terrible. He's so old. The Queen really should have stepped back a couple of decades ago

by Anonymousreply 484May 6, 2023 10:14 AM

Part II Thread when needed

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 485May 6, 2023 10:14 AM

Enough fawnication over that little boy already please. Sheesh.

by Anonymousreply 486May 6, 2023 10:14 AM

all these scots. are they sending them a message?

by Anonymousreply 487May 6, 2023 10:14 AM

Camilla doesn't look like she's feeling well. Seriously

by Anonymousreply 488May 6, 2023 10:14 AM

Good Lord, he couldn't have learned the little bits he has to say without the aid of cue cards?

by Anonymousreply 489May 6, 2023 10:15 AM

[quote] Enough fawnication over that little boy already please

He's 74. Even by DL elder gay standards calling him a little boy is a stretch.

by Anonymousreply 490May 6, 2023 10:15 AM

This pageant is just absurd in this modern day!

by Anonymousreply 491May 6, 2023 10:16 AM

[quote]Whoever did Cammy's hair should be drawn and quartered. She looks rather bedraggled, as if she just came in out of the rain.

She did just come out of the rain. God is crying that these two old fools are being crowned

by Anonymousreply 492May 6, 2023 10:16 AM

But if he had gotten one word wrong, we'd never hear the end of it, R489.

by Anonymousreply 493May 6, 2023 10:16 AM

[quote]Camilla doesn't look like she's feeling well. Seriously

She looks like she sat on a tack.

by Anonymousreply 494May 6, 2023 10:16 AM

This might be the very last time we're seeing fat people at a coronation, thanks to Ozempic. So take it all in while you still can!

by Anonymousreply 495May 6, 2023 10:17 AM

Are Andrew and Fergie even at Westminster?

I find this to be fascinating as I always am when there's a wedding or funeral for the royals.

I've been to Westminster - it's really something to wander through and around.

by Anonymousreply 496May 6, 2023 10:17 AM

Sausage fingers on display

by Anonymousreply 497May 6, 2023 10:17 AM

Is Camilla okay? Lol

by Anonymousreply 498May 6, 2023 10:17 AM

His mother did it so much better.

by Anonymousreply 499May 6, 2023 10:17 AM

Shoulda used a Uniball.

by Anonymousreply 500May 6, 2023 10:18 AM

Wake me when this drag show is oveh.

by Anonymousreply 501May 6, 2023 10:18 AM

I gotta say, the current Archbishop of Canterbury doesn't have nearly the resonate speaking voice of his predecessor.

by Anonymousreply 502May 6, 2023 10:18 AM

R496 Andrew is, Fergie is not.

by Anonymousreply 503May 6, 2023 10:18 AM

The horses had it right. Something is rotten.

by Anonymousreply 504May 6, 2023 10:18 AM

Camilla looks so stupid with that dumb grin on her face. I'd pay anything to see her keel over

by Anonymousreply 505May 6, 2023 10:18 AM

Uh oh! A pen!

by Anonymousreply 506May 6, 2023 10:18 AM

After today all he has left to do is die.

by Anonymousreply 507May 6, 2023 10:19 AM

Camilla looks out of place

by Anonymousreply 508May 6, 2023 10:19 AM

OR for someone to scream out Diana's name

by Anonymousreply 509May 6, 2023 10:19 AM

It’s important for the king to swear to preserve the Protestant faith. Let no Catholic sit upon the throne.

by Anonymousreply 510May 6, 2023 10:19 AM

Charles needs a general tightening around the punim. Those jowls are hanging lower than ever.

by Anonymousreply 511May 6, 2023 10:19 AM

I believe Andrew is sat behing the flower arrangement originally planned for the seat in front of Baroness Kilkeel.

by Anonymousreply 512May 6, 2023 10:19 AM

Did they have a rehearsal for this?

by Anonymousreply 513May 6, 2023 10:19 AM

[quote] This pageant is just absurd in this modern day!

absurd, majestic, ritualistic, over-the-top, solemn, silly and all in real time on my TV.

This is rare and I'm loving it.

by Anonymousreply 514May 6, 2023 10:20 AM

When does the electrical parade start mum?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 515May 6, 2023 10:20 AM

[quote] I hope he doesn’t keel over before the end of the ceremony.

If he does, William and Kate are ready to step in.

by Anonymousreply 516May 6, 2023 10:20 AM

Gawd they are so fuckin OLD!

by Anonymousreply 517May 6, 2023 10:20 AM

Still waiting for the Python Big Foot.

by Anonymousreply 518May 6, 2023 10:21 AM

The fur looks RATTY and dull. Like Great Grandmother's old fur found rotting in an armoire.

by Anonymousreply 519May 6, 2023 10:21 AM

Are there girls in the boys choir?

by Anonymousreply 520May 6, 2023 10:21 AM

To R513’s point, it’s shocking Charles has had to read off of paper and several promote have been missed. It’s like they only did a day of rehearsal.

by Anonymousreply 521May 6, 2023 10:21 AM

The choir looks quite fetching!

by Anonymousreply 522May 6, 2023 10:22 AM

Vivat Regina Vagina!

by Anonymousreply 523May 6, 2023 10:22 AM

Shouldn't ermine be whiter?

by Anonymousreply 524May 6, 2023 10:22 AM

Love the Tudor outfits an the boys in the front.

by Anonymousreply 525May 6, 2023 10:22 AM

R12...

To the King (over the water)...King Francis, born Franz, Duke of Bavaria

by Anonymousreply 526May 6, 2023 10:23 AM

Et Tampax Rex!

by Anonymousreply 527May 6, 2023 10:23 AM

Someone check the archival footage -- did QE2 have cue cards or not?

by Anonymousreply 528May 6, 2023 10:24 AM

Enough of all this warbling! Move on, move on with it!!

by Anonymousreply 529May 6, 2023 10:24 AM

His whole life has been leading up to this moment, and it wouldn’t do to look too happy. He looks grave and pensive. He’s an old man, whose time has come a little late, but he is doing fine.

by Anonymousreply 530May 6, 2023 10:25 AM

[quote] Shouldn't ermine be whiter

I thought the top part of Charles' robe looked a might tatty.

by Anonymousreply 531May 6, 2023 10:25 AM

The camera work in this seems very amateurish. Constantly panning to Charles and Camilla who have nothing to do but twiddle their thumbs while being sang at. At the Queens they seemed to avoid filming her in the waiting around bits presumably out of deference. Now we get 3 minutes of Charles thinking about dinner as he listens to the Nicene Creed

by Anonymousreply 532May 6, 2023 10:25 AM

OREMUS!

by Anonymousreply 533May 6, 2023 10:25 AM

Then again it matches Camilla's ratchet hair.

by Anonymousreply 534May 6, 2023 10:26 AM

This is unbelievably boring. Louis is probably 2 minutes away from punching Kate.

by Anonymousreply 535May 6, 2023 10:26 AM

Sprinkles of black everywhere, so fake

by Anonymousreply 536May 6, 2023 10:27 AM

I am hoping that the Vicar of Dibley has a reading.

by Anonymousreply 537May 6, 2023 10:27 AM

Rishi Sunak weighs 90 lbs.

by Anonymousreply 538May 6, 2023 10:28 AM

At least we don't have to listen to Boris Johnson.

by Anonymousreply 539May 6, 2023 10:28 AM

Is Rishi Christian?

by Anonymousreply 540May 6, 2023 10:28 AM

How many Dukes and Duchesses are asking "who is that pleasant looking paki fellow and why is he speaking in this cathedral?"

by Anonymousreply 541May 6, 2023 10:28 AM

Is ermine an animal?

by Anonymousreply 542May 6, 2023 10:28 AM

The Hindu PM is reading from Corinthians. Sure.

by Anonymousreply 543May 6, 2023 10:28 AM

Who’s the lisping Indian?

by Anonymousreply 544May 6, 2023 10:28 AM

So what happens if Georgie needs to be tinkle real bad?

by Anonymousreply 545May 6, 2023 10:28 AM

Rishi your days are numbered at # 10

by Anonymousreply 546May 6, 2023 10:29 AM

A dance interlude!

by Anonymousreply 547May 6, 2023 10:29 AM

Do not suffer your face to look upon him.!! Get thee behind me Ginger Satan!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 548May 6, 2023 10:29 AM

Sunak is cute.

No, R540. He's Hindu

by Anonymousreply 549May 6, 2023 10:29 AM

Ant and Dec could recruit Harry for I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here.

by Anonymousreply 550May 6, 2023 10:30 AM

[quote] Is ermine an animal?

Yes, it's a type of weasel, like a mink, or King Charles.

by Anonymousreply 551May 6, 2023 10:30 AM

Kate middleton wore Diana's earrings says Daily Fail

by Anonymousreply 552May 6, 2023 10:31 AM

[quote] Shouldn't ermine be whiter?

On DL we even expect the ermine to not be white adjacent. DL now turns to give side eye to the papist Edo Mapelli Mozzi.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 553May 6, 2023 10:31 AM

It's Pat!

by Anonymousreply 554May 6, 2023 10:32 AM

Hail His Majesty Eor I

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 555May 6, 2023 10:32 AM

Now DL will go crazy with the swaying black gospel choir.

by Anonymousreply 556May 6, 2023 10:32 AM

Ermine is like an albino ferret.

by Anonymousreply 557May 6, 2023 10:32 AM

Oh my God, now we've got this lot who look like they're having seizures.

by Anonymousreply 558May 6, 2023 10:32 AM

Charles should take an oath to be the undoubted king of all English speaking peoples and all the former colonies. He already serves that function informally.

by Anonymousreply 559May 6, 2023 10:33 AM

That members of this choir are the best-dressed people there!

by Anonymousreply 560May 6, 2023 10:33 AM

Time to boogie on down.

by Anonymousreply 561May 6, 2023 10:34 AM

R532 Agreed. We could be watching Louis fidgeting and getting the side eye from Charlotte while William's bald head turns red.

by Anonymousreply 562May 6, 2023 10:34 AM

All that wiggling is beneath the dignity of the occasia.

by Anonymousreply 563May 6, 2023 10:34 AM

I told you all, that inviting all these black people was FAKE as shit

by Anonymousreply 564May 6, 2023 10:34 AM

Well this is... Certainly an update to the usual ceremony.

by Anonymousreply 565May 6, 2023 10:34 AM

There’s always got to be one really dissonant piece in any of these events.

by Anonymousreply 566May 6, 2023 10:34 AM

All Hail Funky Town get down with you bad honkie self.

by Anonymousreply 567May 6, 2023 10:34 AM

"Oh my lord the stretchaneeny white trousers on the negro singers. It's all a bit much!"

by Anonymousreply 568May 6, 2023 10:34 AM

What’s the point of having a gospel choir if they’re going to sing boring ass hymnals you’d hear at Mormon church in Provo?,

by Anonymousreply 569May 6, 2023 10:34 AM

The UK has a record of not excluding black people from being part of the empire.

by Anonymousreply 570May 6, 2023 10:34 AM

Tom Parker Bowles seen grimacing behind members of the black choir group just now.

by Anonymousreply 571May 6, 2023 10:35 AM

Where is Zara?

by Anonymousreply 572May 6, 2023 10:35 AM

Why is Kate laughing at the black choir?

by Anonymousreply 573May 6, 2023 10:35 AM

R556, you'd be complaining if they didn't, so just shut up.

by Anonymousreply 574May 6, 2023 10:36 AM

The Archbishop appears to have the proportions of a Pez dispenser.

by Anonymousreply 575May 6, 2023 10:36 AM

Are we supposed to believe God wants Charles to be King?

by Anonymousreply 576May 6, 2023 10:36 AM

Shoulder pads Your Grace?

by Anonymousreply 577May 6, 2023 10:36 AM

Those guys in the Ascension Choir were good-looking!

by Anonymousreply 578May 6, 2023 10:37 AM

Sure, Your Grace, let's talk about Jesus making a kingdom for the poor when they've spent how many millions of pounds on this.

by Anonymousreply 579May 6, 2023 10:37 AM

Where’s the gay men’s choir?

by Anonymousreply 580May 6, 2023 10:37 AM

It’s cute, and appropriate, Louis is dressed like a Bond villain.

by Anonymousreply 581May 6, 2023 10:37 AM

The trolls have arrived.

Kate was smiling at the gospel choir, not laughing at them.

by Anonymousreply 582May 6, 2023 10:38 AM

[quote]Shoulder pads Your Grace?

No thank you. Knee pads will do nicely.

by Anonymousreply 583May 6, 2023 10:38 AM

I'm glad they didn't pull out a square of cardboard.

by Anonymousreply 584May 6, 2023 10:38 AM

This thread and website are so buggy.

by Anonymousreply 585May 6, 2023 10:38 AM

What the hell is this bit? Its the coronation not Charles Windsor this is your life.

by Anonymousreply 586May 6, 2023 10:38 AM

Kate was admiring the ample bulges displayed by the men in the gospel choir.

by Anonymousreply 587May 6, 2023 10:39 AM

[quote] "Oh my lord the stretchaneeny white trousers on the negro singers. It's all a bit much!"

R568 - Mamie Eisenhower

by Anonymousreply 588May 6, 2023 10:40 AM

The ermine on the robes looks tatty because it is, it's old and recycled from prior robes. They aren't ever using fresh fur, not in these times. It's probably a hundred years old.

by Anonymousreply 589May 6, 2023 10:40 AM

Why is Lady Louise dressed like an eighty-two-year-old?

by Anonymousreply 590May 6, 2023 10:40 AM

R585 Thought it was just me, it's going nowhere on mobile right now. The new thread is faster, however.

by Anonymousreply 591May 6, 2023 10:41 AM

[quote] Are we supposed to believe God wants Charles to be King?

God's more concerned about who wins the Super Bowl.

by Anonymousreply 592May 6, 2023 10:41 AM

Props to Katie she's the only one who nailed it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 593May 6, 2023 10:41 AM

Oh please, everyone knows they just poured that oil out of a Wesson bottle in the Cathedral's kitchen.

by Anonymousreply 594May 6, 2023 10:41 AM

We can head over to Part II now I think.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 595May 6, 2023 10:42 AM

Charles and Camilla are dowdy, but William and Kate are regal and resplendent. I would want them on my coinage.

by Anonymousreply 596May 6, 2023 10:42 AM

what? oh. you people.

'cept for these words, not paying attention.

by Anonymousreply 597May 6, 2023 10:43 AM

Part II thread refreshed better for the moment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 598May 6, 2023 10:43 AM

The Archbishop looks very comfortable on his knees…although Westminster is no private room in a bathhouse 👀

by Anonymousreply 599May 6, 2023 10:43 AM

Harry’s bald spot is roughly the size of Papua New Guinea.

by Anonymousreply 600May 6, 2023 10:43 AM

Notice there are so few good looking people. Guess that's true of everywhere but LA.

by Anonymousreply 601May 6, 2023 10:43 AM

R600 What's a "spot"?

by Anonymousreply 602May 6, 2023 10:44 AM

[quote] I would want them on my coinage.

R596 want's William in his coin slot.

by Anonymousreply 603May 6, 2023 10:44 AM

LOL r602!!!

by Anonymousreply 604May 6, 2023 10:45 AM

Erecting the Bouncy House?

by Anonymousreply 605May 6, 2023 10:45 AM

The gay guys just put up the dressing room.

by Anonymousreply 606May 6, 2023 10:45 AM

Is Johnny blowing him behind the screen?

by Anonymousreply 607May 6, 2023 10:47 AM

If the thrones a rocking don't come knocking!

by Anonymousreply 608May 6, 2023 10:48 AM

Charlie looks like a waiter in a bad French restaurant.

by Anonymousreply 609May 6, 2023 10:49 AM

Love the buckles on His Maj shoes .Worn the same ones for my 6th grade Thanksgiving Pageant

by Anonymousreply 610May 6, 2023 10:51 AM

Nothing beats Greek Orthodox chanting to put the fear of God into ya.

by Anonymousreply 611May 6, 2023 10:52 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!