Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Harris! Burtka! Food! Drag!

‘It's not a proper party until 40 global drag artists are on the guest list. Luckily for viewers, Neil Patrick Harris and Bianca Del Rio have assembled the wildest army of queer legends to attend their new Hulu competition series Drag Me to Dinner, and EW has an exclusive first look at the festivities ahead.

Harris and Bianca will be joined by fellow head judge Haneefah Wood, host Murray Hill, and resident food expert David Burtka across the show's 10-episode run. Each episode features a fun competition between two pairs of drag performers from all sectors of the industry, including fan favorites from RuPaul's Drag Race and Boulet Brothers' Dragula, as well as other drag legends and political activists. The series also welcomes one of the final performances of Heklina, the renowned drag artist who died on April 3.‘

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18June 1, 2023 3:35 AM

No. But I don't see World of Wonder's name on it, so that makes me happy.

by Anonymousreply 1May 2, 2023 9:01 AM

What is this? Some combination of Drag Race and Top Chef?

Sounds weird.

by Anonymousreply 2May 2, 2023 9:03 AM

Oh God no. Then again, I don't have Hulu, so I won't be watching... I'll only be subjected to this "car crash" here on DL and then I can scroll past or begin blocking the thread's OP.

by Anonymousreply 3May 2, 2023 9:11 AM

This will end in tears. And possibly a cheese board.

by Anonymousreply 4May 2, 2023 9:29 AM

I have “charcunterie” on my Bingo card.

by Anonymousreply 5May 2, 2023 10:28 AM

I think Formula 409 can help you with that r5.

by Anonymousreply 6May 2, 2023 10:33 AM

I can’t find when it premieres. I love Bianca Del Rio, Detox and Raja.

by Anonymousreply 7May 2, 2023 11:13 AM

Premieres 5/31 r7.

by Anonymousreply 8May 2, 2023 11:21 AM

I'll watch, and everyone should watch to ensure its success, if only to piss off DL's very numerous anti-drag and anti-trans queens. Apparently, these delicate hot house flowers have a pathological fear of "gay erasure," or some other bullshit nonsense.

I'll give them one thing. They are indeed pathological.

by Anonymousreply 9May 2, 2023 11:31 AM

Haven't watched Drag Race in years, but I will definitely give this a try.

by Anonymousreply 10May 2, 2023 11:43 AM

This is the type of content I wish I had a good gaggle of gays to watch with, over artisanal drinkypoos.

by Anonymousreply 11May 2, 2023 11:53 AM

I still don't understand the premise of what the show actually is.

by Anonymousreply 12May 2, 2023 12:04 PM

If only there was a food related term in the title, r12.

by Anonymousreply 13May 2, 2023 12:06 PM

Burtka making the most of his Le Cordon Bleu degree. Good for him!

This could be fun.

by Anonymousreply 14May 2, 2023 3:45 PM

The entire series dropped today...has anyone given it a shot? I love Bianca Del Rio but am lukewarm on NPH and Burka. The finale features Heklinka, which is nice considering he died in April.

by Anonymousreply 15May 31, 2023 9:58 PM

I don't know where their hands have been.

by Anonymousreply 16May 31, 2023 10:09 PM

Doogie seems desperate.

by Anonymousreply 17May 31, 2023 11:16 PM

I watched the first couple tonight. Ultimately it's dumb, but it's self aware and not trying to be anything other than very dumb. It's not a cooking competition, the food is not made by them and it's just an excuse for drag queens to act silly on TV. Basically one long drag race challenge, though it's noticeable they make sure to never mention drag race.

Not a bad thing to have on if you are bored and want something mindless in the background, but expect nothing more.

Also someone lied and told David Burtka he was funny.

by Anonymousreply 18June 1, 2023 3:35 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!