Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Elizabeth Holmes - Theranos - is still free

She was sentenced to 11 years, supposed to report to prison today (4/27) but found a friendly judge.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117May 31, 2023 6:11 PM

She won't serve a day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1April 27, 2023 2:22 PM

OP/R1 seems hellbent in making us believe justice will never be served because "friendly judge." In what way do you know the judge "friendly" toward Holmes? The appeals process is just that--another part of the judicial process.

by Anonymousreply 2April 27, 2023 2:51 PM

Justice will never be served in this case regardless of the judge. People who lost money will never recover it. People who received faulty diagnoses will never recover from the trauma.

by Anonymousreply 3April 27, 2023 9:39 PM

R3, the people who lost money had the money to lose, and then some. As for the people who got faulty diagnoses will certainly recover from it. It's not like living in Ukraine or having been raped.

Relax--she'll be in jail where she deserves.

by Anonymousreply 4April 28, 2023 3:08 AM

She's fine Little will happen to her. She's a cute white privileged chick. Grifters are respected in The USA. She will be on the lecture circuit in no time. Maybe politics will call her, Republicans or even democrats could use her.

by Anonymousreply 5April 28, 2023 4:19 AM

It's the U.S. justice system. It's been fucked up for decades. If you don't have money, you go to prison. If you do have money, do what you want.

by Anonymousreply 6April 28, 2023 4:22 AM

Is she finally going to go to prison?

"Disgraced Theranos CEO Elizabeth Holmes appears to be soon bound for prison after an appeals court Tuesday rejected her bid to remain free while she tries to overturn her conviction in a blood-testing hoax that brought her fleeting fame and fortune.

The Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals ruling comes nearly three weeks after Holmes deployed a last-minute legal maneuver to delay the start of her 11-year prison sentence. She had been previously ordered to surrender to authorities on April 27 by U.S. District Judge Edward Davila, who sentenced her in November.

Davila will now set a new date for Holmes, 39, to leave her current home in the San Diego area and report to prison."

by Anonymousreply 7May 17, 2023 2:00 AM

God she's 39 already. What a way to spend a life

by Anonymousreply 8May 17, 2023 2:05 AM

Selfish witch had a baby with a lengthy prison sentence looming ! Damm

by Anonymousreply 9May 17, 2023 2:08 AM

[quote] Elizabeth Holmes appears to be soon bound for prison after an appeals court Tuesday rejected her bid to remain free while she tries to overturn her conviction in a blood-testing hoax that brought her fleeting fame and fortune. The Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals ruling comes nearly three weeks after Holmes deployed a last-minute legal maneuver to delay the start of her 11-year prison sentence.

Her boyfriend did the same thing. It's a standard maneuver by defense attorneys. His took 4 weeks to get denied.

by Anonymousreply 10May 17, 2023 2:14 AM

Thank god for the 9th…as a rule that bench takes a lot of shot for their ornery rulings, but that’s just the price of the federal circuit geography. As a whole, they are the most whip-smart group outside of the D.C. Circuit and the 2nd Circuit.

by Anonymousreply 11May 17, 2023 2:21 AM

*shots Or *shit

by Anonymousreply 12May 17, 2023 2:21 AM

Years from now, Elizabeth will show up on the cover of the SI swimsuit issue just like Martha Stewart. We'll ignore her criminal activity and another generation will love her.

by Anonymousreply 13May 17, 2023 2:32 AM

[quote]People who lost money will never recover it. People who received faulty diagnoses will never recover from the trauma.

R3 I agree with you about the people who received faulty diagnoses. Those folks are the real victims in the Theranos fraud. But I feel no sympathy for the rich asswipes who donated money and won't recover it; they'll all get a tax break and the lost money means nothing to them.

by Anonymousreply 14May 17, 2023 2:45 AM

On release, she'll have her own cable show, "Cooking Vegan with Liz and Sunny Balwani"

... plus a mom-oriented gender positive podcast "Resilient with Liz"

by Anonymousreply 15May 17, 2023 2:49 AM

From the article...

[quote] In another ruling issued late Tuesday, U.S. District Judge Edward Davila ordered Holmes to pay $452 million in restitution to the victims of her crimes. Holmes is being held jointly liable for that amount with her former lover and top Theranos lieutenant, Ramesh “Sunny” Balwani, who is already in prison after being convicted on a broader range of felonies in a separate trial.

$452 million in restitution! Too bad the "victims" here are the already obscenely rich investors who should have performed due diligence and known this was a naive school girl's fantasy, rather than the poor people who received bogus Theranos test results and had health scares as a result.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16May 17, 2023 5:56 AM

At least she'll have plenty of time to get pregnant again before she starts serving her sentence.

by Anonymousreply 17May 17, 2023 4:59 PM

^^^ That's fine. Plenty of pregnant women in jail who have to deliver their babies in a prison hospital.

by Anonymousreply 18May 17, 2023 9:10 PM

Does her husband have to pay it?

Garbage person AND sociopath. I hope she stays in prison for most of her children's young lives. I hope she fucks with the wrong people in prison and they make her suffer. She hasn't suffered.

She is a total piece of shit, and unredeemable. Mentally ill and dangerous person. GARBAGE.

by Anonymousreply 19May 17, 2023 9:28 PM

I hope You Tube has videos with her real voice. That baritone seemed so effortless I’d have bought it as real. It was that creepy stare that seemed psycho to me.

by Anonymousreply 20May 17, 2023 9:53 PM

[quote]$452 million in restitution!

$125M to Murdoch alone, which means she's paying 16% of the Dominion settlement herself.

by Anonymousreply 21May 17, 2023 9:56 PM

She needs life imprisonment. She is very dangerous. WIth any luck, someone shivs her in prison.

by Anonymousreply 22May 17, 2023 10:12 PM

Sometimes there's fraud--so quickly!

by Anonymousreply 23May 17, 2023 10:19 PM

Did she kill your dog, r19? Sleep with your husband and then kill your dog and then provide invalid blood test results? You seem to have VERY STRONG FEELINGS

by Anonymousreply 24May 17, 2023 10:34 PM

Don’t cry too hard for St Elisabeth. She will get to play again. This is the United States. The worst thing you can do here is to not try getting ahead even if it is a racket it’s seen as more respectable that not trying. Just like that bible story.

by Anonymousreply 25May 17, 2023 10:36 PM

R24 underestimate the destructive power of such people at your risk.

by Anonymousreply 26May 17, 2023 10:39 PM

Prison sentence starts May 30th.

by Anonymousreply 27May 17, 2023 10:40 PM

Elizabeth will be another Martha Stewart when she leaves 'prison' - find a new audience and be revered all over again. I see a cable show in her future.

by Anonymousreply 28May 17, 2023 10:52 PM

Holmes doesn't have any of Stewart's marketing charisma, Holmes has nothing to sell, no company, no line of products. How's she going to be the next Martha Stewart, R28?

by Anonymousreply 29May 17, 2023 10:55 PM

Her daughter's name is "Invicta" (Latin for “invincible,” or “undefeated”).

Anyway, I would not be surprised if she is pregnant, again.

by Anonymousreply 30May 17, 2023 10:58 PM

I give Martha Stewart credit for not dragging out her case, for just taking a plea deal, doing her time, and coming out wearing a new poncho.

Martha was also in a lot less trouble than Holmes, though.

by Anonymousreply 31May 17, 2023 11:00 PM

R29 She's young and pretty. She may not have Martha's 'charisma' but she had something more powerful to entice all her investors. Elizabeth will find a new purpose to create a podcast or a reality show.

by Anonymousreply 32May 17, 2023 11:06 PM

R28 when hell freezes over, you twat.

by Anonymousreply 33May 17, 2023 11:06 PM

She's not pretty. She's horrifying. A psycho bitch.

by Anonymousreply 34May 17, 2023 11:07 PM

She's blonde and slim but she's not pretty. She has a bit of a piggy face.

by Anonymousreply 35May 17, 2023 11:08 PM

R34 / R35 I agree she's not pretty but what appealed to all those old white guys? The phony baritone voice, her unblinking eye contact? I don't get the attraction to the powerful men she attracted (Kissinger, Schultz, Mattis, Nunn, Walmart family, etc). What drew them in?

by Anonymousreply 36May 17, 2023 11:12 PM

Sure these men were old. But they have met many beautiful women in their lives. I can't understand why people go to "looks" for Holmes' power. NO,

Besides being a loony narcissist, she is a gifted con artist. She cons people. This is why she is dangerous.

I think there must be a missing gene, that some people can't see con artists. A colorblindness for it.

by Anonymousreply 37May 17, 2023 11:25 PM

She very carefully surrounded herself with people who she could con. It was impressive work on her part.

by Anonymousreply 38May 17, 2023 11:27 PM

In prison there will be more people who see her for what she is. A dishonest manipulative self centred criminal bitch. I wonder if she's smart or talented enough to not piss others off. I hope not. She needs to get what's coming to her and really have it rubbed into her miserable face and suffer.

by Anonymousreply 39May 17, 2023 11:33 PM

It's not that the 'rich' lost their investment, Elizabeth lied to them as to what her product could do, in other words fraud. She also lied to Walgreens after they spent millions converting portions of their stores to accommodate her product and offer it to their customers. What if you have been on the receiving end of a false positive disease diagnosis? She deserves what she's getting.

by Anonymousreply 40May 17, 2023 11:34 PM

Whenever someone clocked her for a con artist, she got them out of her life or company. Many people had her number.

by Anonymousreply 41May 17, 2023 11:38 PM

She's Mark Zuckerberg in drag. Not pretty.

by Anonymousreply 42May 17, 2023 11:41 PM

R37 You nailed it. It wasn't her looks, it was something else; a gift to con people who were open to being conned.

by Anonymousreply 43May 18, 2023 12:15 AM

She has no future: her terminal degree is a high school diploma, she’s a convict, she owes a half-billion dollars and she has to feed at least two kids. Dead-end, she is.

The hardest thing about Stanford is getting in..it is virtually impossible to flunk out. Their admin will do anything to ease your way to graduation, yet she didn’t finish her degree under the most generous terms.

by Anonymousreply 44May 18, 2023 12:51 AM

She was young, blonde, with big blue eyes. Too much was made of her 1.5 semesters at Stanford.

She targeted older men who were easily charmed, like Tyler Shultz's (whistleblower) grandfather, George Shultz, former Secretary of State. I'm sure she knew exactly how to stroke these guys. They fell for it. Including Bill Clinton.

by Anonymousreply 45May 18, 2023 1:32 AM

Stanford doesn’t have semesters, dummy.

by Anonymousreply 46May 18, 2023 2:06 AM

I hope she dies in prison.

That Sociopath should not raise children.

by Anonymousreply 47May 18, 2023 2:09 AM

She is not pretty and teetering on the edge of no longer young. By the time this bitch gets out of prison, she'll be pushing 50 and nobody will give a fuck about her. Hopefully her husband will have wised up and taken the kids far, far away from her.

by Anonymousreply 48May 18, 2023 2:15 AM

I won’t believe she’s actually going to prison until she is IN prison.

by Anonymousreply 49May 18, 2023 2:16 AM

The wealthy husband will change the locks while she’s gone. Her children may never know her. It’s probably the least she deserves.

by Anonymousreply 50May 18, 2023 2:26 AM

Gee, I don't know, guys -- I wouldn't kick her outta bed.

Of course, it's after that ya gotta watch out for.

by Anonymousreply 51May 18, 2023 2:31 AM

[quote] Elizabeth will find a new purpose to create a podcast or a reality show.

Who would watch her? She's a dull, white, entitled narcissist with no charisma.

by Anonymousreply 52May 18, 2023 3:03 AM

She’s probably feeling trepidation right now. How long before parole ?

by Anonymousreply 53May 18, 2023 3:48 AM

In 11 years.

by Anonymousreply 54May 18, 2023 3:50 AM

Her hair is a mess now.

by Anonymousreply 55May 18, 2023 4:14 AM

She’s a flight risk r54

by Anonymousreply 56May 18, 2023 4:23 AM

How on earth is she ever going to pay that quarter of a billion restitution bill (the other quarter falls on her ex)? She also has a $450,000 loan to pay a settlement with the SEC and she has accrued over $30 million in legal fees.

Her kids are going to have a shit, shit life.

by Anonymousreply 57May 18, 2023 5:37 AM

[quote]"In filings Wednesday, Holmes requested her new prison start date be May 30, giving her time to get her affairs in order, including setting up childcare arrangements for her two young children."

Childcare arrangements? Is her cute husband not going to raise the crotchfruit? I wonder how long before he starts hitting fresh puss, a decade in the slammer is a long time to wait for someone in his prime.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58May 18, 2023 5:48 AM

She has already had months to prepare for going into prison. Now, she gets extra time to do this? It’s not like she is a single mom. The father of these children can arrange for childcare or just take care of his own fucking kids. She and her husband are both getting some nice treatment by the court.

by Anonymousreply 59May 18, 2023 5:59 AM

Yes, I don't understand why she didn't immediately go to prison and then conduct the appeals from there. Oh well, at least this ugly psychopath will finally serve her sentence, and the reparations mean that she'll never be able to make big money again. No conjugal visits allowed in federal prisons either.

by Anonymousreply 60May 18, 2023 6:37 AM

How are her legal expenses being paid? From a NYT article:

[quote]Mr. Evans took a few calls for work while I was visiting. I asked what he does. “A lot of different stuff, investing, starting companies,” he replied, without elaborating. How is Ms. Holmes paying her legal expenses? “I can’t,” she said. “I have to work for the rest of my life to try to pay for it.” I asked if Mr. Evans’s family was helping to cover her legal expenses. She shook her head no. An earlier legal team quit after Ms. Holmes could not pay them. One pre-sentencing report by the government put her legal fees at more than $30 million. Ms. Holmes did not detail how those fees would be paid, and her current representatives at Williams & Connolly did not respond to emails asking about her financial arrangement.

by Anonymousreply 61May 18, 2023 7:04 AM

His mother thinks he's an idiot for being involved with her.

by Anonymousreply 62May 18, 2023 7:29 AM

She starts her prison term on May 30th.

by Anonymousreply 63May 18, 2023 9:22 AM

r62 The Theranos grift was busted in 2015, they met at a party in 2017, and she got indicted a year later. That boy ain't right in the head. Of all the pussy in the world...

by Anonymousreply 64May 18, 2023 9:50 AM

I really hope she goes in on May 30. I'm sick of hearing about this grifter and her endless resources for filing motions.

by Anonymousreply 65May 18, 2023 5:02 PM

She's had 8 years of freedom since the Theranos scandal broke, and all she's done is drag two innocent children into her mess. Off to the pokey with you, Lizzy, before you get knocked up again.

by Anonymousreply 66May 18, 2023 7:13 PM

She's crazy. I wonder if she'll try to leave the country.

by Anonymousreply 67May 18, 2023 7:17 PM

The woman is a stone sociopath. She would do anything to avoid going to prison. She gave birth--twice--to avoid prison. If she could get the money and a ticket out of the country to a pleasant location with no extradition policy, she'd be gone in a heartbeat and never mind about hubby and the rugrats.

by Anonymousreply 68May 18, 2023 7:39 PM

She did already try to go to Mexico.

by Anonymousreply 69May 18, 2023 7:41 PM

I'm surprised she didn't try for Dubai. Seems like her kind of town.

by Anonymousreply 70May 18, 2023 7:42 PM

She'll look fab in her khaki jumpsuit.

by Anonymousreply 71May 18, 2023 7:46 PM

Burns me up she avoided punishment all these years. Same for Trump.

by Anonymousreply 72May 18, 2023 8:02 PM

Why are you burned?

She’s gotten away with nothing. The wheels of justice grind slowly…nothing new there.

by Anonymousreply 73May 18, 2023 8:07 PM

[quuote]She's crazy. I wonder if she'll try to leave the country.

R67 She tried that a couple months ago with her husband and kids. Going to Mexico as a family. She was denied at the airport and her passport confiscated.

by Anonymousreply 74May 18, 2023 8:21 PM

[quote]The Theranos grift was busted in 2015, they met at a party in 2017, and she got indicted a year later. That boy ain't right in the head. Of all the pussy in the world...

R62 Just more proof of the 'charisma' she's supposed to have. Interesting it only seems to work on men.

by Anonymousreply 75May 18, 2023 8:23 PM

^ intentional, but not interesting…

by Anonymousreply 76May 18, 2023 8:28 PM

Not any more. Holmes was denied her bid to put off prison and must serve...starting May 30. She has to pay her victims. I think her sentence is 11 years.

by Anonymousreply 77May 18, 2023 8:29 PM

R76 Nope. She tried to play her charm on female professors at Stanford. No women sat on the Theranos board. BetsydeVos's family invested but a male family member sat on the board. Women obviously smelled something different about her than men did.

by Anonymousreply 78May 18, 2023 8:37 PM

There was one female (Stanford?) professional who was interviewed for a documentary on Holmes. The female scientist said what Holmes proposed was not scientifically viable. But I guess no one listened to the female scientist. All the older men were happily bamboozled. So was Walgreens.

by Anonymousreply 79May 18, 2023 8:41 PM

Will she go to some Club Fed or a real prison?

by Anonymousreply 80May 18, 2023 8:48 PM

Bryan, TX federal prison. Link below:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81May 18, 2023 9:26 PM

Minimum security. And according to the sign, it's called a "camp". Maybe Liz will get to make 'smores and roast marshmallows,

by Anonymousreply 82May 18, 2023 9:28 PM

That’s a hard 39

by Anonymousreply 83May 18, 2023 9:30 PM

R81 Stinky linky.

by Anonymousreply 84May 18, 2023 9:37 PM

R78 read my reply again—I said it was intentional on her part to seek out men. Thank you

by Anonymousreply 85May 18, 2023 9:49 PM

Freakishly long neck (see R58). Turtlenecks were a smart style choice.

by Anonymousreply 86May 18, 2023 10:08 PM

R84 The link worked for me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87May 19, 2023 1:51 AM

So which club fed exactly?

by Anonymousreply 88May 19, 2023 1:59 AM

According to the link, Bryan Texas federal prison is a female 'camp' but most of the pix show men? What's up with that?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89May 19, 2023 2:01 AM

R87 Thank you. And, Jesus, they literally call it a prison camp.

by Anonymousreply 90May 19, 2023 6:27 AM

More about her future home

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91May 19, 2023 11:21 AM

The New York Times (woman writer) did a sympathetic piece on Holmes. The Young Turks conclude (I think) that the NYT was trying to assuage all the dumb asses who handed her millions of dollars.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92May 20, 2023 7:54 PM

She's "Liz" now and her voice is back to normal. (Here's a link to the NYT article, no paywall.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93May 20, 2023 7:54 PM

I ended up thinking that she comes off as creepy and still a con woman from that NY piece.

by Anonymousreply 94May 20, 2023 8:19 PM

In the federal system you do from 70-75% of your sentence. I can never remember where we are now?

Her 11 years = 132 months

75% = 99 months = 8.25 years

70% = 92.4 months = 7.7 years

Aprox 6 months before release date they are moved to a half-way house near their home.

I imagine including in her many appeals and motions will be: Compassionate Release for some reason or another, Reconsideration of Sentence and. of course, as part of her appeals Ineffective Assistance of Counsel.

Bye, Bitch. Thank you for introducing me to one of my newer heroes, John Carreyrou, the Wall Street Journal journalist who took you down.

by Anonymousreply 95May 20, 2023 8:46 PM

Poor kids ☝🏼. Not to have a mommy fully available is at least 7.7 years

by Anonymousreply 96May 21, 2023 12:05 AM

When your mom has Liz's issues, that might be a good thing

by Anonymousreply 97May 21, 2023 12:21 AM

I'm guessing that, back in the day, if you tried to call her "Liz," she would have corrected you. In her low voice: "It's Elizabeth."

by Anonymousreply 98May 21, 2023 12:25 AM

Liz and Jen Shah will def be prison buddies!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 99May 21, 2023 12:49 AM

R98 I agree! How many of those employees referred to her as Lizzie or Betty behind her back?

by Anonymousreply 100May 21, 2023 1:32 AM

It's May 20 today. You have 9 more days of freedom before you report to prison, Liz. Will you? I'm sure you have a plan. Maybe turn your experience into a Martha Stewart thing? Find religion? Become an advocate for "moms in prison" or some other crusade to raise money.

by Anonymousreply 101May 21, 2023 3:17 AM

r96 I don't think it's that bad. Her crotchfruit just dropped and she'll be out in seven years, just in time when they gain self-awareness. It would have been far more traumatic if they were older. They won't even know she was in prison until much later this way.

by Anonymousreply 102May 21, 2023 3:33 AM

R96 / R102 Her kids will have her grifter genes; they'll survive. Their father is a spoiled rich heir. We'll see both kids in a reality show with mom Liz in eleven years.

by Anonymousreply 103May 21, 2023 4:07 AM

Yea I keep thinking she'll pull some stunt. Maybe she'll fly out of the country on a private jet or by boat. Hmm where is there no extradition? There are some S American countries that do have extradition treaties with the US but in practice don't extradite like Nicaragua.

If she plans to flee then she'd have to have set it up by now and unsure how much help she can get from US sources after she flees. If her husband helps her then he would also be in trouble. Not sure if that would be worth it - she'll do maybe 7 years and come out a champion for prison reform and buy herself some awards and have the rest of her life to live in luxury. She'll give interviews from prison and continue to receive support from her still-admirers. She'll be fine.

by Anonymousreply 104May 21, 2023 2:34 PM

Is there time for a 3rd pregnancy

by Anonymousreply 105May 21, 2023 3:16 PM

R104 what is all about? She gave up her passport. End of story. Don’t be EST-adjacent.

by Anonymousreply 106May 21, 2023 3:22 PM

It's federal time. She'll do at least 9.5 of her 11 year sentence.

by Anonymousreply 107May 21, 2023 3:32 PM

If Meghan thought she could fit in an extra IVF appointment and get knocked up in the next 10 days, she'd do it. She'd have a dozen kids to keep from going to prison and facing even a minute of consequences for all the bullshit she pulled.

by Anonymousreply 108May 22, 2023 12:39 AM

I told her to never give in or give up!

Nice tits but she's not my type.

by Anonymousreply 109May 22, 2023 1:27 PM

Giving birth in federal prison would complete the Bingo card that I have going for this bitch.

by Anonymousreply 110May 23, 2023 12:51 AM

Has she fled yet?

by Anonymousreply 111May 24, 2023 1:26 AM

[quote]Holmes doesn't have any of Stewart's marketing charisma, Holmes has nothing to sell, no company, no line of products. How's she going to be the next Martha Stewart, [R28]?

R29, The same way she became a billionaire at 19. She's going to create a product using that charisma and gift for grift that she has. Ms Liz will be selling SOMETHING when she gets out. She's already creating a new character - loving mother and friend. The NYT reporter sure fell for Liz's new character.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112May 24, 2023 11:18 PM

NYTimes regularly loves to troll every one of their fucking readers.

by Anonymousreply 113May 25, 2023 5:11 PM

[quote] Women obviously smelled something different about her than men did.

Are you joking? There were women obsessed with her too. That includes Erika Cheung, and it took a lot to open Cheung’s eyes.

by Anonymousreply 114May 31, 2023 1:29 PM

Men are much more likely to have a lot of money than women are as well, so that may skew how it looks.

by Anonymousreply 115May 31, 2023 1:32 PM

Erika Cheung became a whistleblower and was threatened by Theranos. She was originally charmed by Elizabeth as was Tyler Shultz and most of her employees.

by Anonymousreply 116May 31, 2023 6:10 PM

^^Neither Erika nor any other employee gave money to Theranos, unlike those old white guys who Elizabeth attracted.

by Anonymousreply 117May 31, 2023 6:11 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!