Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Summer is all about young love in Genoa City!

But that hussy Nina is NOT getting her claws in Phillip!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600August 29, 2023 2:35 PM

I was hoping Jess Walton would get a Lead Actress nod for her Skype scenes.

by Anonymousreply 1April 26, 2023 8:41 PM

Bren daD was quite good at that sort of character. Can't take my eyes off her. Every scene is like passing by a lethal car crash that happened an hour before.

by Anonymousreply 2April 26, 2023 9:00 PM

Why did Jill hate Kay?

by Anonymousreply 3April 26, 2023 9:41 PM

Kay hated Jill for stealing her husband

Jill hated Kay - blamed her for Phillip (Sr)'s death b/c Kay was driving the car that crashed

by Anonymousreply 4April 26, 2023 9:42 PM

Thanks R4.

by Anonymousreply 5April 27, 2023 12:24 AM

Besides the car crash that killed PC2, Jill also hated Kay because she went to court and got Phillip's Dominican Republic divorce from her thrown out, which meant Phillip's subsequent deathbed marriage to Jill became null and void as well as his directive that Jill's then unborn child be his rightful heir. Kay's actions made Jill's baby illegitimate, and the boy could not be called Phillip Chancellor III, and instead had to go be raised as plain ol' Phillip Foster.

by Anonymousreply 6April 27, 2023 7:42 AM

Well shoot... Despite her best efforts, Kate Linder failed yet again to secure a daytime emmy nomination.

by Anonymousreply 7April 27, 2023 11:33 AM

Kate has been bestowed the prestigious honor of tidying up at the Emmy afterparty.

by Anonymousreply 8April 27, 2023 11:42 AM

That academy's just jealous of Kate. The old gal continues to give riveting performances daily!

by Anonymousreply 9April 27, 2023 12:05 PM

[quote] That academy's just jealous of Kate. The old gal continues to give riveting performances daily!

On a United flight, maybe.

by Anonymousreply 10April 27, 2023 3:24 PM

Young love that should have gotten restless: Chance and Noah.

by Anonymousreply 11April 27, 2023 3:30 PM

Uh oh. The Staff and NuSummer are trying to act, and it isn't going well.

by Anonymousreply 12April 27, 2023 4:42 PM

So idiot Dummer is going to go along with Syphyllis to "protect" her mother, which means keeping Dianejenkins in jail?

The only good thing about that is, when JaBottom eventually finds out, he'll be so pissed that he'll dump his beard and get back on Grindr to fulfill his destiny.

by Anonymousreply 13April 27, 2023 6:37 PM

It certainly makes sense that gorgeous Nate would be driven into a frenzy of passion over Skeletoria with her aggressive overbite and hair inspired by a rat nest.

by Anonymousreply 14April 28, 2023 2:01 AM

Nate and Fen should be comparing at a urinal. Loser gets fucked by winner.

by Anonymousreply 15April 28, 2023 2:12 AM

I think Mark Grossman is a very good actor, but I don’t find him sexually attractive.

I would take Josh Morrow over him any day of the week.

by Anonymousreply 16April 28, 2023 4:15 AM

Tricia Cast was very good as Nina.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17April 28, 2023 4:32 AM

Kay could have sex with all the stable boys on her payroll. But Phillip's affair with Jill was UNACCEPTABLE (in Kay's mind).

by Anonymousreply 18April 28, 2023 11:57 AM

R18 Kay's stable boys era was well after Phillip's death.

by Anonymousreply 19April 28, 2023 7:16 PM

R19 Nope. .. Phillip wouldn't touch the Old Battleaxe, because she stunk like booze and cigarettes, so she resorted to riding the stableboys. .. Soap actor, Rod Arrants, was one of them, and he was on Y&R in 1974, playing "Jeff the Stableboy." That was the year before Kay drove Phillip over the cliff. .. Years later Arrants would be cast as Ashley's doctor-husband, Steven Lassiter.

by Anonymousreply 20April 29, 2023 12:06 AM

J.T. will be seen in a video call this coming Tuesday. Luckinbill is said to be making a brief return.

Anyone remember the scene where J.T. was living at the loft, and Bradley came by. I think he was suspicious about Boretoria's whereabouts.

Anyway, J.T. answered the door wearing a low-slung towel. Meanwhile Brad was in his full business suit.

This was so fucking hot. Like a Men At Play set-up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21April 29, 2023 7:29 AM

That's news to me. I didn't know the stable boys were ever shown, just shoved in her face.

God, can imagine having to mount that old nag? Even in the seventies she had a face like a hard stop.

by Anonymousreply 22April 29, 2023 2:03 PM

R22, Jill actually tried to help get Katherine clean, stop smoking, and to stop fucking the stable boys. Katherine didn't just hate Jill because Jill and Phillip fell in love, Katherine hated her because she knew exactly who Katherine was and she couldn't play the grand dame around Jill.

by Anonymousreply 23April 29, 2023 2:17 PM

Kay was a total SLUT.

Recall, we also heard that when her first husband, Gary Reynolds, went to work abroad in Germany for a year and took 7-year old Brock with him, Kay and her drinking buddy, Charlotte, went out partying and carousing almost every night. .. I still remember the way Charlotte (the wonderful Elizabeth Harrower) read that line, "The men, ohhhh the MEN!" .. She made it sound like the two party girls enjoyed sampling random cocks left and right. .. That's during the time when Kay eventually began fucking one guy in particular, Tucker's father, Arthur Hendricks, who I believe was in college and working as a waiter at the GCAC so he could go to law school.

by Anonymousreply 24April 29, 2023 6:53 PM

It amuses me that Elizabeth Harrower (a) wrote DAYS for a time and (b) is/was the mother of Susan Seaforth Hayes!

I stand corrected re the stable boys. I thought that was after the whole Phillip/Jill thing, my apologies.

And yes, the photo at R21 is hot!

by Anonymousreply 25April 29, 2023 9:20 PM

Harrower also wrote at Y&R. I remember Wilma Jeanne reminiscing once that she used to love getting scripts that Harrower had worked on because of the subtext she'd include, which gave precise directions on what a character should be doing while saying their lines.

by Anonymousreply 26April 29, 2023 10:07 PM

Kay looked and sounded like an old used up bar hag.

by Anonymousreply 27April 30, 2023 11:21 PM

What's funny is that Wilma Jeanne was only 45-years old when the Kay-Jill story started - so the "Old Sot" was actually several years younger than the actresses now playing Syphllis, Dianejenkins, Boretoria, Sharon, Ashley, Lauren .... Shows how the "young" in Young & Restless is now like the cover of an AARP magazine.

by Anonymousreply 28April 30, 2023 11:36 PM

R28 45 going on 70!

by Anonymousreply 29April 30, 2023 11:38 PM

All of those actresses should do like Wilma Jeanne did and have their face lifts and other cosmetic procedures done on camera. That would fill several weeks of storyline every year!

by Anonymousreply 30May 1, 2023 12:32 AM

I don't know, R30. Moat of those actresses are looking pretty good and wouldn't need any cosmetic procedures. Although, I'd like to see Snooty Nikki in pain.

by Anonymousreply 31May 1, 2023 12:00 PM

Nikki's pain will come in the form of production cutting the SPANX budget.

by Anonymousreply 32May 1, 2023 12:43 PM

God, the scene of Nate and Skeletoria going at it made me want to puke

by Anonymousreply 33May 1, 2023 6:28 PM

R31 The reason they look good(?) if that's the way one sees it, is because most, if not all of them, have had already had work done.

We know Stafford's been having surgeries-procedures for well over 15 years now. That was put out there in one of Vicky Rowell's "bedtime stories" involving her and then-EP, Ed Scott, who apparently had a talk with her and "suggested" she go in and have "the same eye job that Michelle had just had done." The implication was she was looking old and needed to have something done about it. Rowell turned it around on Big Ed and pointedly asked him if he'd also told his wife to go in and have it done. ..lol.

Bregman too. I remember years ago, she had something go wrong with one of her procedures and had to keep the right side of her forehead-temple area covered with her hair. This was around the time she had a massive boob job. She can't even move most of her face now. .. And people have been talking about Case's face for over a year now. Whatever she had done seems to have 'settled in' somewhat, presently. .. Years ago Susan Walters talked about her bad experience with Botox treatments and that she was giving it up, but that doesn't mean she hasn't had some other cosmetic work done since. .. Some feel Eileen had nose and breast jobs in the past and that she had something done to her face about a year ago. Better work on her part, though.

by Anonymousreply 34May 1, 2023 8:01 PM

R33 God, they are just so CRINGE.

by Anonymousreply 35May 1, 2023 8:04 PM

Mark Grossman is looking thicky-thick in today's episode (and I like it). Keep eating, Mark!

by Anonymousreply 36May 2, 2023 5:13 PM

Former Y&R EP, Jill Farren Phelps, predicts how soaps will react to the strike.

Josh Griffith probably has a list of fellow FiCore scribes he'll call up to do the actual scripts. After all, he's already doing the breakdowns.

One interesting thing Phelps says is:

[quote] One unlikely consequence of the strike was that the show’s producers tended to loosen the purse strings and the usual controls just to get episodes finished. “During a strike, the financial constraints are all but released because the writers are no longer being paid so sets can be created and most of the money rules that strangle daytime are gone,” Phelps said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37May 2, 2023 8:44 PM

I was a teen during the 1988 writer’s strike.

I was on a class trip to NYC and ditched my group; determined to find the Guiding Light studios. I got there and had some nice conversations with those picketing.

I never saw any actors or any of “Springfield” that day, but I did go home with a picket sign of the union members gave me.

by Anonymousreply 38May 3, 2023 8:32 AM

Previous writers strikes hit the soaps in 1960, 1973, 1981, 1988, 2007-2008, and now 2023.

by Anonymousreply 39May 3, 2023 4:34 PM

The 1988 strike really fucked up some good stories.

The 2008 strike probably killed Guiding Light and As The World Turns, especially GL, just because of the very specific timing of when it happened.

by Anonymousreply 40May 3, 2023 5:31 PM

Wasn't there some drama regarding the awful Lynn Marie Latham fduring the 2007-2008 strike that led to her even faster firing?

by Anonymousreply 41May 3, 2023 7:30 PM

Chance never answered Summer's question as to what he was doing in alone in Chancellor Park.

Not long after, Daniel shows up at the park for no apparent reason as well.

I guess we can take this to mean the Chancellor Park is still the premiere cruising spot in Genoa City.

Too bad the bitch had to be there to spoil things.

by Anonymousreply 42May 3, 2023 7:34 PM

Sharon tells Mariah that Cassie had a spark, was a light "just like you!", while Mariah looked like she forgot her bra after eating an entire pizza alone in her prairie dress.

by Anonymousreply 43May 3, 2023 7:49 PM

R41 Sony (Steve Kent) took the opportunity to fire LML during the strike. As showrunner, she'd was been EP-HW, so I guess not doing one function meant she wasn't doing the other. Kent installed Josh Griffith as EP and Maria Arena Bell as HW. After the strike, MAB was retained as HW and Paul Rauch became EP. Eventually, MAB became EP-HW with Hogan Sheffer brought in as co-HW. .. Interestingly, Sheffer had also been let go as the HW at Days during the strike. Thing is, both he and Meg Kelly had gone FiCore to keep working, yet were told to stay home, with Days taking the opportunity to release them and replace then with Dena Higley, who subsequently went on to become the the official HW at Days after the strike.

Musical chairs.

by Anonymousreply 44May 3, 2023 7:50 PM

Fingers crossed Dena doesn't use this strike as an opportunity to infect the soaps again.

by Anonymousreply 45May 3, 2023 7:53 PM

At this point she'd be no worse than any team on the air.

by Anonymousreply 46May 4, 2023 12:53 AM

NuSummer gave us all some terrible acting on Wednesday.

by Anonymousreply 47May 4, 2023 1:59 AM

[quote]At this point she'd be no worse than any team on the air.

Be careful what you say! You don't know how BAD Dena can be.

by Anonymousreply 48May 4, 2023 2:00 AM

NuSummer is so terrible that she's actually good.

by Anonymousreply 49May 4, 2023 2:01 AM

[quote]Be careful what you say! You don't know how BAD Dena can be.

I have to agree.

by Anonymousreply 50May 4, 2023 2:02 AM

IIRC, Lynn Marie Latham joined the writers' strike in 2007-2008 and it really pissed off TPTB. I think they were hoping she'd say and guide the show as executive producer.

by Anonymousreply 51May 4, 2023 11:18 AM

Stay, not say.

by Anonymousreply 52May 4, 2023 11:18 AM

As I recall, it was CBS VP Daytime, Barbara Bloom who got her buddy, Latham, in there. I got the idea that Sony's Steve Kent wasn't happy with her and was just itching to get rid. The writers strike provided that Incredible & Amazing opportunity.

by Anonymousreply 53May 4, 2023 5:51 PM

More piimping of DuhVon in Monday's episode.

. CueBall announces he wants to change his surname to "Winters" seeking Malcum's blessing. They're obviously trying to play up the similar styling of these two with their bald heads and goatees. Maybe they should have done this scene shirtless so they could compare ugly tattoos as well.

Here, I thought they already did the change to "Winters" when Neil & Dru adopted Devon over 15 years ago?! .. I know there have been times when his name was listed as "Devon Winters" in the closing credits. (See link.) I recall it seemed really odd, like a mistake, when he started going by "Hamiton" again, compounded by him and Neil starting "Hamilton-Winters."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54May 6, 2023 8:11 PM

No one cares about Devon. Not even Malcolm will make him hot.

by Anonymousreply 55May 6, 2023 8:23 PM

Malcolm shows up wearing more rings than Kay Chancellor, oh, and chains. So 90s. I'm surprised he doesn't have sunglasses on.

by Anonymousreply 56May 6, 2023 8:39 PM

I think that's just Shemar's personal style. He was on The Talk dressed like a geriatric 90s boy band member

by Anonymousreply 57May 6, 2023 10:12 PM

Yes, at this point Shemar just plays himself. I'm surprised he's not calling the female characters in the scene his 'Baby Girls."

by Anonymousreply 58May 6, 2023 10:21 PM

That “baby girl” thing is so annoying.

by Anonymousreply 59May 7, 2023 12:16 AM

He's using this Y&R appearance as another press vehicle to let everyone know that -- dear gawd in heaven -- he's procreated.

So those rumors can just stop, right now!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60May 7, 2023 12:54 AM

I caught nuSummer's retard cosplay yesterday. This show is something else.

by Anonymousreply 61May 10, 2023 4:57 PM

Regardless, r61, she and Daniel are carrying the show. Or maybe you're more a fan of "Nate self-destructs, part 3."

I hope they don't resolve the "Phyllis isn't dead" storyline too quickly. I like seeing Summer suffer. It's like a real soap opera. She deserves to rot in hell, just like her mother. Kyle is not going to love her anymore when he realizes what she's doing.

by Anonymousreply 62May 10, 2023 5:04 PM

I'm not a fan of any of it, but I think Graziadei is a terrific actor, and nuSummer is bringing Barbizon Modelling School realness.

by Anonymousreply 63May 10, 2023 5:09 PM

Next they’ll make Nate a crack addict.

by Anonymousreply 64May 10, 2023 5:21 PM

I'd much rather watch the self destruction of Nate than anything Devon is doing.

Sean Dominic is a far superior actor to Bryton James.

by Anonymousreply 65May 10, 2023 5:24 PM

[quote] Kyle is not going to love her anymore when he realizes what she's doing.

This could be foreshadowing of a disheartened JaBottom giving up on love altogether and deciding to just present hole non-stop at the new Pierre Roulland Memorial Jizz Lounge connected to the men's locker room at the Genoa City Athletic Club.

by Anonymousreply 66May 10, 2023 5:52 PM

They need to bring Stritch back and put him in shorts all summer.

by Anonymousreply 67May 10, 2023 9:14 PM

Do they wear shorts in prison? .. Really asinine for Griffith to ruin the Stitch character by turning him into pregnant Mariah's deranged kidnapper. I think last we heard there was a warrant out for Stitch's arrest, and they discovered that he'd somehow gotten psycho Max out of the mental hospital, so father and son were on the run. .. His sister, Kelly, was nuts too. It must run in the family.

by Anonymousreply 68May 10, 2023 10:23 PM

What’s the best part of the show right now, in your opinion, whether it’s storyline or performance?

by Anonymousreply 69May 10, 2023 10:46 PM

R69, The masculine sexiness of Conner Floyd.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70May 10, 2023 10:49 PM

What Summer is going through is the only storyline I really look forward to, r69. And I love any scene with Adam in it.

by Anonymousreply 71May 10, 2023 10:49 PM

I enjoy Snoretoria getting dicked down by that beautiful black buck.

by Anonymousreply 72May 10, 2023 10:54 PM

Is Nate Victoria’s first bbc?

by Anonymousreply 73May 10, 2023 11:16 PM

I hope Conner's not manscaping - pic at R70. He seemed to have had more chest hair before. And don't touch those furry pits!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74May 10, 2023 11:29 PM

R73 Yes, first one, I believe. .. Bitchtoria was actually once engaged to Neil Winters, though. .. And funny, because, at that point, "Little Man" (Nate Hastings) was only about 7-years old. ..lol.

But her relationship with Neil was more or less platonic, since she had found herself pregnant with Cole's baby, and Neil stepped up to help her make everyone think that he was the baby's father. .. But during this time, they never had sex, only kissed. (The racists out in TV Land had a conniption.) .. By the time Vicki delivered her baby, Cole had found out anyway, and then the baby soon died. And with no baby, her engagement to Neil was called off.

I remember people laughing at the time that if Vicki actually married Neil, her name would be "Victoria Winters."

by Anonymousreply 75May 10, 2023 11:59 PM

this is such a gay picture

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76May 11, 2023 12:38 AM

That's one ugly tattoo .. Did he do that himself .. when he was drunk?

by Anonymousreply 77May 11, 2023 12:46 AM

Has Michael Muhney won his oscar yet? Maybe he can return, if he isn’t too busy.

by Anonymousreply 78May 11, 2023 8:07 AM

ugh

by Anonymousreply 79May 11, 2023 12:39 PM

That Conner guy looks smelly and unclean.

by Anonymousreply 80May 11, 2023 1:03 PM

Noah and Chance should have been a couple. Noah would still have a job.

by Anonymousreply 81May 11, 2023 1:14 PM

I guess it was Nick's turn to cruise the park today. With that bodacious booty it won't take long.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82May 11, 2023 10:33 PM

I love that they dress Sally like the cheapest slut who ever slutted

by Anonymousreply 83May 11, 2023 11:46 PM

Damn, between Josh Morrow and Mark Grossman, I don’t know whose ass I’d eat first. Both are thicker than a snicker!

by Anonymousreply 84May 12, 2023 12:05 AM

R81, Did Noah lose his club?

by Anonymousreply 85May 12, 2023 12:13 AM

Josh has an ass that just won’t quit!

by Anonymousreply 86May 12, 2023 12:27 AM

I meant the actor, actually, r85. Noah has been demoted to "recurring," and is hardly a part of the show any longer. It's a shame.

by Anonymousreply 87May 12, 2023 12:38 AM

Morrow is built. Grossman is tubby.

by Anonymousreply 88May 12, 2023 1:30 AM

Morrow's been asked to play Santa at this year's Christmas party.

Grossman is gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 89May 12, 2023 1:32 AM

R83 Sally really does look like hooker trolling the park in that scene.

by Anonymousreply 90May 12, 2023 3:27 AM

Scoche Marin (Kay) always pinches the butts of her male costars!

by Anonymousreply 91May 12, 2023 3:55 AM

Grossman looks like he licked the windows of the bus as a kid and still does every once in a while.

by Anonymousreply 92May 12, 2023 4:26 AM

Scoche Marin as Katherine Chancellor will be taking center stage this summer!! She adds such a terrific spark as Kay. She has defined the role. When I think of Mrs. C, I. think of Scoche.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93May 12, 2023 4:13 PM

meow

by Anonymousreply 94May 12, 2023 4:20 PM

Miss Connor brought the sass today.

by Anonymousreply 95May 12, 2023 5:30 PM

R85 The Glam Club was a bust. There were times I couldn't even tell if characters were sitting there or in the small lounge area inside Society. .. When's the last time we saw the club? Noah was off-screen for over a couple of months and was supposedly in London, and they didn't say anything about his club.

I might guess Griffith eventually figured out that a "hot nightclub" may not be the best set for a show where most of the actors qualify for the Denny's Senior Discount, so they came up with the Neil Winters Jazz Club, which has tables to sit at instead of a dance floor that was hardly ever used.

by Anonymousreply 96May 12, 2023 7:00 PM

Plus Noah's club had the ugliest decor I have seen on this show. Or any other show, for that matter.

by Anonymousreply 97May 12, 2023 7:05 PM

So the PR agent at Bold and Beautiful is near death and a number of B&B and Y&R actors are rallying to help her out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98May 16, 2023 7:27 PM

These stars are cheapskates. They have enough money to give Eva. Cheap bastards.

by Anonymousreply 99May 16, 2023 7:44 PM

Dear God in HEAVEN!

by Anonymousreply 100May 16, 2023 10:33 PM

LaBergman has given $1000.

So has my generous Hot Daddy, Frank Valentini!

by Anonymousreply 101May 16, 2023 10:39 PM

It took Jack long enough to remind Cricket of her own experiences with the horribility of Phyllis.

by Anonymousreply 102May 16, 2023 10:40 PM

WEHT to Sharon's dyky crippled mother Doris?

by Anonymousreply 103May 16, 2023 10:55 PM

R103 I think the last time we heard anything about Doris was when Sharon and Nick were about to be married again (ca. 2014), and Sharon offhandedly mentioned that Doris wouldn't be at the wedding, because she'd gone on a cruise with a galpal ... more than likely one of those ladies only ones offered by Diva Destinations .. lol. (That was the wedding that got aborted because Phyllis showed up - Gina T's big entrance at the church.)

But even though Doris wouldn't be coming to the wedding, viewers took this to mean that things had thawed between mother and daughter, since the last time we'd seen Doris (ca. 2012), she was pretty pissed off with Sharon. .. Sharon had married Victor (GAG) with the divorce pending, and Doris was on her daughter's case about the bad choices she'd made in her life. .. Doris wanted Sharon to pack her bags and come home to live with her. Sharon refused and said she was staying to make people pay . .. Doris hated what Sharon was doing and rolled out of her life.

by Anonymousreply 104May 16, 2023 11:59 PM

After Sharon married Victor, she married Tucker (OG version). So, it's not like her taste in men improved much after Doris rolled out of her life.

by Anonymousreply 105May 17, 2023 12:11 AM

I miss Slutty Sharon. All she does now is pour coffee, give advice and wait to go on another date with Clueless Chance. She used to get prime dick in the past - Nick, Diego, Tucker, Two Adams, Billy, the Bradsicle.

And does Eric Braeden and his massive ego still hate Sharon Case when she dared to express unhappiness with the awful Victor and Sharon story, which was ghastly and most cast members and fans would like to forget?

by Anonymousreply 106May 17, 2023 12:17 AM

[quote] Sharon married Victor

Whose idiocy brought that forth?

by Anonymousreply 107May 17, 2023 2:46 AM

R106 Whatever that was didn't last long. The following year Braeden and Case were spotted dancing together at one of the evening parties in Monte Carlo (in conjunction with the annual TV Festival there).

by Anonymousreply 108May 17, 2023 3:03 AM

[quote] I miss Slutty Sharon. All she does now is pour coffee, give advice and wait to go on another date with Clueless Chance.

As a way to integrate Sharon's characterization, they should think about having her interact and give advice to straight guys and lesbians on a Chaturbate while using various devices on herself including OhMiBod.

by Anonymousreply 109May 17, 2023 10:21 PM

Dumb Dylan claims that Josh Griffith is writing the scripts by himself now that the strike is in full force. This is Josh Griffith’s Y&R.

by Anonymousreply 110May 18, 2023 12:46 AM

Griffith is definitely writing the breakdowns now as well. That was his plan even before the strike. But any scriptwriters helping him may not want to be credited. Recall, during the last strike the WGA called out all of soap opera writers who were FiCore by publishing their names -- Griffith being among them -- so they were labeled scabs. .. As I recall, during the last strike, when it came to onscreen credits, Y&R only credited Josh Griffith and Maria Arena Bell; they eventually added Paula Cwikly (also FiCore) as a scriptwriter. But there were more than likely a couple other ghost writers helping them.

by Anonymousreply 111May 18, 2023 1:28 AM

Dumb Dylan is an idiot!! He never learned his there, their, and they’res!

by Anonymousreply 112May 18, 2023 2:33 AM

Bring back Kay Alden ashap!

by Anonymousreply 113May 18, 2023 2:58 AM

So Josh Griffith is to blame for that beyond cringe dialogue in every scene between Snoretoria and Nate?

by Anonymousreply 114May 18, 2023 3:20 AM

R114 No. .. Episodes and scripts airing now were still written pre-strike. It will probably be another month (or more) before any strike material airs. .. Recall, during the last strike, it was right at the outset in November 2007 that we heard fairly reliable rumors (from that Bell-mouthpiece) that Latham wasn't writing and was going to be canned. .. But the Griffith-Bell material didn't start airing until late December. .. I think Latham's firing was then confirmed sometime in February 2008.

by Anonymousreply 115May 18, 2023 3:35 AM

Josh Griffith is now the sole writer and EP of Y&R.

by Anonymousreply 116May 18, 2023 5:09 AM

Look for more Abbott breakfasts and Beth Maitland talking with her mouth full!

by Anonymousreply 117May 18, 2023 7:20 AM

R117, A girl’s gotta eat . . .

by Anonymousreply 118May 18, 2023 7:24 AM

Pass the bacon……..

by Anonymousreply 119May 18, 2023 9:56 AM

Did someone say bacon? Can someone also say pancakes and waffles?

by Anonymousreply 120May 18, 2023 1:11 PM

Does Mrs. Martinez live in the Abbott mansion?

by Anonymousreply 121May 18, 2023 1:23 PM

Given their history, L'Bug not believing that Syphilis faked her death and is still alive is sooooo stupid. .. Cricket should be directing Chance to use every resource available to track the bitch down, so she can prosecute her for obstruction of justice and 25 other crimes.

And Aunt Jack and JaBottom playing "CSI: Genoa City" is laughable. Note to producers: Unless you're going to go there, don't show JaBottom putting on a pair of vinyl gloves.

Dear gawd in heaven! ... They're not going to have DuhVon buy and move into the Chancellor Estate are they?

Nice to see that it looks like they've decided to keep the main dining room of the GCAC up. But enough of Messa and the baby. How to waste 10 minutes of an episode with boring, repetitive filler.

And Sharon receiving a bottle of expensive champagne with an ominous, unseen lurker watching her? .. My first thought was Cameron Kirsten is out of prison and back. .. Recall, Sharon hit him over the head with a bottle of champagne, believing she killed him. .. This led to some crazy, camp material such as Larry helping Sharon stash the "corpse" in the Genoa City sewer, and later, she and Nikki going down into it to try to find it. It's been something like 20 years. Cameron was played by Susan Walters' real-life husband, Linden Ashby.

by Anonymousreply 122May 18, 2023 7:36 PM

[quote]Given their history, L'Bug not believing that Syphilis faked her death and is still alive is sooooo stupid. .. Cricket should be directing Chance to use every resource available to track the bitch down, so she can prosecute her for obstruction of justice and 25 other crimes.

That's all I could think of. Whoever's writing this must never have watched the show before 2005 or so.

[quote]Dear gawd in heaven! ... They're not going to have DuhVon buy and move into the Chancellor Estate are they?

Why not? Abby and Dom are already living there.

[quote]Nice to see that it looks like they've decided to keep the main dining room of the GCAC up. But enough of Messa and the baby. How to waste 10 minutes of an episode with boring, repetitive filler.

The only story more boring than watching Nate self-destruct.

by Anonymousreply 123May 18, 2023 8:15 PM

[quote] Why not? Abby and Dom are already living there.

Nope. Abby and Dom moved into DuhVon's penthouse back in early April.

Chance -- the only true Chancellor heir along with gay Phillip -- is apparently flying solo at the Chancellor Estate, which we haven't seen since they showed that new room in the house months ago. That scene probably signaled that they'd shuttered the main Chancellor set.

by Anonymousreply 124May 18, 2023 9:11 PM

Is Devon especially popular with black viewers?

I fail to understand why the show has kept such a dull character and bland actor around for so long. Yeah, I know Devon represents a connection to Neil Winters which the show obviously wants to keep playing up.

by Anonymousreply 125May 18, 2023 9:16 PM

[quote]Nope. Abby and Dom moved into DuhVon's penthouse back in early April.

Thanks. I FF them, so I missed that.

by Anonymousreply 126May 18, 2023 9:22 PM

I liked KSJ, but even with "Kneel" - as he began to be called - the character became rather boring after Drucilla exited.

Those two were a true supercouple in my book - playing off each other so well. But once she was gone, Neil was just kind of 'there' - much the way DuhVon is.

They tried a lot of pairings - Karen, Tyra, Ashley, Sofia LOL!, Leslie, Hilary, etc. - and nothing really clicked.

by Anonymousreply 127May 18, 2023 9:43 PM

R127, You left out Carmen Mesta.

by Anonymousreply 128May 18, 2023 11:06 PM

R128 I didn't include Camen-Mesta-Lunesta-Siesta because Dru was still on the canvas and part of that bad LML story -- made even worse by Carmen having an "identical cousin" (Ines Vargas). .. I guess she thought she was doing "The Patty Duke Show."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129May 19, 2023 12:35 AM

OMG--Carmen Mesta. That's where I remember Baez on Blue Bloods from.

by Anonymousreply 130May 19, 2023 12:50 AM

One wonders if they changed the bed sheets between the Mariah-Tessa and Boretoria-Nate sex scenes? It was way too obvious that both couples were in the same room and bed at GCAC.. .. The only good thing about running these two scenes concurrently is that viewers can use the same barf bag.

Besides Summer, Detective Chance should also get Daniel in a position to interrogate him one-on-one about Phyllis. .. I'd suggest getting him alone at the steam room at the Athlletic Club.. Now, there's a set they need to bring back.

Funny, if they don't want us to know who the ominous lurker is who sent Sharon the champagne and is watching her, then why did they include the actor's name and character on the IMDb credits for the episode ..lol.

by Anonymousreply 131May 19, 2023 8:15 PM

“Funny, if they don't want us to know who the ominous lurker is who sent Sharon the champagne and is watching her, then why did they include the actor's name and character on the IMDb credits for the episode ..lol.“

Why not just give us his name?

by Anonymousreply 132May 19, 2023 9:13 PM

R132, Allen Marsh playing Lester Thomas.

by Anonymousreply 133May 19, 2023 9:16 PM

R132 I didn't know if people wanted "the big mystery" spoiled or not.

But as speculated at R122, Linden Ashby is back as "Cameron Kirsten."

by Anonymousreply 134May 19, 2023 11:13 PM

I'm old enough to remember when Susan Walters was an ingenue on Loving.

by Anonymousreply 135May 19, 2023 11:27 PM

So am I, R135.

by Anonymousreply 136May 19, 2023 11:32 PM

This was during the era when Aunt Jack was an ingenue on All My Children playing Aunt Cliff!

by Anonymousreply 137May 20, 2023 12:39 AM

R133 Allen Marsh is the actor playing the pianist at the new Neil Winters Jazz Club. I guess they've given him the name "Lester Thomas."

by Anonymousreply 138May 20, 2023 1:57 AM

Did it creep anyone else out the way Daniel was checking out the backside of his duller than dishwater daughter today, at Crimson Lights? I was watching with a friend who noticed it first, and he thought his 'gf' was too young for him, and I said that's his daughter. And Kyle's acting today.....yee gads. And finally Summer, if Phyllis (supposed to be dead) is still paying her cell phone bill....

by Anonymousreply 139May 22, 2023 10:50 PM

I couldn't stand Hunter King but I can't stand this new Summer either.

by Anonymousreply 140May 22, 2023 11:09 PM

I still find Lanier less annoying than King, but the problem with the Summer character is that as long as they pair her with JaBottom, she's going to read "cockblocker."

by Anonymousreply 141May 22, 2023 11:48 PM

Amelia certainly seems to be enjoying her sex scenes with Sean Dominic.

by Anonymousreply 142May 23, 2023 2:24 AM

I would, too. He's hot.

by Anonymousreply 143May 23, 2023 2:25 AM

Conner Floyd is sex on a stick.

by Anonymousreply 144May 23, 2023 2:26 AM

As long as she's paired with Jabottom, she'll always be the better actress.

Btw, who the hell is running Jabot while Aunt Jack and Jabottom play Scarecrow and Mrs. King?

by Anonymousreply 145May 23, 2023 2:37 AM

On Tuesday, Tucker and Audra sniping at one another in the Chancellor Pickup Park is pretty entertaining. .. I enjoyed their scene. .. TSJ does deadpan well, and the actress playing Audra is good delivering the snark. .. I'm also laughing at how Aunt Jack has a major hissy fit every time he encounters Tucker just lazing around the Abbott house. .. Tucker to Jackie: "You know I always figured the manners in this place would be more genteel, but sometimes it's like a truck stop on a Friday night around here."

And how funny that every time Sharon talks to someone about the mystery bottle of champagne, the lurker just happens to be watching from the patio. .. Either he's got great timing, or he lives out there.

Billy mentions the status of Jabot's "Men's Grooming Collection." .. Glad to hear the Men's Line still exists! .. This made me think they should have a male model audition (like in the olden days), and because it's a grooming collection, they need to find a new spokesman for their Groin Shaving Gel and Nut Rub Cologne. .. The men would have to demonstrate their competency in this area. .. Speaking of Hot Conner Floyd, didn't Chance mention not that long ago that he was thinking of giving police work up? .. Maybe he could apply for that job.

by Anonymousreply 146May 23, 2023 2:53 AM

Robin Strasser (OLTL) dropped some gossip about former Y&R executive producer Jill Farren-Phelps during JFP’s stint at OLTL.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147May 23, 2023 11:16 PM

r147 I couldn't stand Mel, either. OTOH, Felicia and John? GTFOH.

by Anonymousreply 148May 24, 2023 12:29 AM

Mel was boring and queeny. JFP made the right decision, as she did when she fired coma-inducing Ellen Parker. The focus groups were right on the money about boring Maureen Bauer.

by Anonymousreply 149May 24, 2023 2:06 AM

JFP ushered modernity into soaps. Sleepy Mo Bauer needed to go. Lazy Bev McKinsey was holding up production with her demands and short work hours on a handful of days per year. It made everyone miserable.

by Anonymousreply 150May 24, 2023 2:19 AM

"Summer Means New Love." Here's hoping Jabottom finds one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151May 24, 2023 2:25 AM

When JaBottom learns about Dummer's lies, they should have FenMo be in town for the Genoa City Pride Parade and reach out to comfort him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152May 24, 2023 2:45 AM

If I were Jabottom and learned that Bummer had kept the fact that Phyllis is still alive from me, I'd want to kill her. Fen would make a smashing alternative.

by Anonymousreply 153May 24, 2023 2:52 AM

Robin Strasser is looking for attention again. She does this alot. Fine. Strasser and Jill Farren Phelps did not get along. We get it. Erika Slezak loved Jill. Funny how 2 lead actresses on the same show have differing opinions. I’m not a Robin Strasser fan. She has many issues. Always complaining about something. It is very telling that neither of her sons will speak to her.

by Anonymousreply 154May 24, 2023 6:11 AM

Slezak was for any producer who padded her Emmy case, waistline or bank account.

by Anonymousreply 155May 24, 2023 10:18 AM

^Slezak was never nominated for an Emmy while Phelps was at OLTL.

by Anonymousreply 156May 24, 2023 11:20 AM

In her archives interview, Slee raves about Rauch and JFP., both of whom gave her tons of front burner story. She's not very kind about Linda Gottlieb, who kept Viki backburner most of the time and saddled her with boring Sloane. Oh Slee.

by Anonymousreply 157May 24, 2023 12:42 PM

JFP was smart to fire dull as dishwater Ellen Parker to free up money for Justin Deas, who brought a new type of much-needed energy to the show. He wasn't the typical low-energy P&G actor. Buzz was one of my all-time favorite characters. Justin is one of the best actors in daytime, right up there with Larry Bryggman, Eric Braeden, and Douglas Watson.

by Anonymousreply 158May 24, 2023 2:40 PM

I loved Deas and Robin Matson as Keith and Gina on Santa Barbara. He is an acquired taste, though. Buzz was hardly a bargain for losing the matriarch who closely reminded folks of Charita. Even Michael Zaslow saw that in Parker.

Question - was vinegary Helen Wagner on ATWT as Nancy, when Deas played Tom? She would have HATED working with him. I can imagine the side eye shade.

by Anonymousreply 159May 24, 2023 6:51 PM

This is Genoa City not Santa Barbara, Oakdale, Springfield, Llanview, etc. etc. etc.

by Anonymousreply 160May 24, 2023 6:55 PM

R159, When was Helen Wagner not on ATWT?

by Anonymousreply 161May 24, 2023 7:01 PM

Why is the hottest guy on the show, Conner Floyd, without a love interest?

by Anonymousreply 162May 24, 2023 7:04 PM

R161 she quit in 1980, sick of Mary Ellis Bunim - who wanted to painfully kill off Nancy - and she and Don MacLaughlin didn't return together until 1985.

by Anonymousreply 163May 24, 2023 7:05 PM

R162 The idea of Chance flying solo might actually be more attractive than any of the females they might pair him with. .. Sharon, who's old enough to be his mother? .. Summer, who's an idiot?

They should, however, show him at the GCAC working out shirtless, while he talks to some hot cop buddy about where the case is at .. or nursing a drink at Society while a cute bartender flirts with him.

by Anonymousreply 164May 24, 2023 7:14 PM

Does jealous Miss Connor not understand that half-bro Johnny is off limits, apart from maybe an occasional J.O. session where they don't touch each other?

Speaking of Johnny, what a nerd! I keep thinking I'm watching "Young Sheldon."

While searching the cum-dumpsters in the back alley of The No-tel Motel, they should have had Chance encounter a cute, homeless twink who unknowingly has information about Phyllis and Stark. Chance would take the lad home to get cleaned up, feed him, and question him further. .. This would be like one Bell's summer, teen stories of yesteryear, and soon the young man would be staying in a room off the kitchen and cleaning the pool at the Chancellor Estate.

by Anonymousreply 165May 25, 2023 8:33 PM

LOL R165.

What's the deal with the old lady hairstyle on Daniel's daughter? Sharon (50;s) & Nikki(70-ish) have loose, llong hair and Daniel's daughter looks like the Book Mobile lady.

by Anonymousreply 166May 25, 2023 8:48 PM

R166 How funny .. I was actually thinking of mentioning "Old Lucy." .. The young actress seems competent, but she's one of those teenagers who has the face of woman pushing 40. .. As you say, the styling doesn't help, but honestly, since it's probably just genetic, I'm not sure anything would. .. She could easily be playing a teacher at Walnut Grove or someone's secretary at Newman, and I wouldn't think anything was 'off' about it.

by Anonymousreply 167May 25, 2023 9:12 PM

Uh Johnny, Miss Connor will NOT be ignored.

by Anonymousreply 168May 26, 2023 7:22 PM

It is beginning to feel a bit more like a soap. Stakes are being raised. People are taking sides. I want to pulverize both Phyllis and Ashley. I give them both the finger when they appear in the opening credits, something I had never done with Ashley.

by Anonymousreply 169May 26, 2023 8:19 PM

Linden Ashby looks really scruffy, very weathered with long-ish hair and scraggly beard. It doesn't help that they have him in old man blue jeans. Maybe, they want him to look like he just got out of prison, but he sticks out like a sore thumb as he checks into the the posh GCAC. The initial reaction from the hotel's concierge would probably be more along the lines, "Are you the plumber here to unplug the clogged toilets on the third floor?"

The hook comes in the preview for next week, where we see Cameron roaming the Chancellor Park where he encounters a young woman, asking her, "Are you FAITH NEWMAN?" with Faith responding, "I am. Do I know you?"

by Anonymousreply 170May 26, 2023 8:25 PM

Are Linden Ashby and Susan Walters still married?

by Anonymousreply 171May 26, 2023 8:51 PM

R171 Yes.

A little aside on that ... When both Linden & Susan primarily resided in L.A. due to their acting jobs, they would often double-date with Chrissy and his husband. Good friends these four. .. The boys even traveled across the country to be guests at an Ashby daughter's wedding. .. This photo was taken by Sid with the four of them out at the movies in 2013. I remember pics from hiking and beach dates as well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172May 26, 2023 9:47 PM

Sally Spectra, Air Freshener Magnate. Oh, fucking sit down, you toxic bitch.

by Anonymousreply 173May 26, 2023 10:22 PM

Which Newman brother has the bigger cock, Nick or Adam?

by Anonymousreply 174May 26, 2023 10:25 PM

Nick for girth; Adam for length.

by Anonymousreply 175May 26, 2023 11:14 PM

YES!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176May 26, 2023 11:23 PM

People need to understand that Tonya Williams (she's dropped the "Lee") is done with Y&R. She's not going to give up her Reelworld Screen Institute project - which is based in Canada and takes her all over the globe - for little ol' Y&R. Would they even pay her travel and hotel expenses?

TW has been part of the "Afro Panel" at the Cannes Film Festival over the last week. She's got more important things to do.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177May 27, 2023 7:36 PM

Why does Melissa Claire Egan’s face look so “different”?

by Anonymousreply 178May 27, 2023 8:54 PM

R178 Well, MCE may already be doing something cosmetic, but she's also pregnant again (announced in February), and she's revealed on Instagram that she's got some medical issue, where she has to give herself "blood thinner shots" every day for the duration. .. This is usually done when a pregnant woman is prone to blood thickening and clotting. .. If she's taking heparin (common) then, one side effect of the drug is said to be "swelling of your face, lips, throat, or tongue."

by Anonymousreply 179May 28, 2023 9:39 PM

Welcome to my sketch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180May 28, 2023 10:19 PM

That no-tell motel where Phyllis was staying after faking her death must be particularly unsanitary as it doesn't have regular trash collection services.

Phyllis attended her own memorial service in disguise and then killed Jeremy Stark in early April.

Chance goes to the motel and starts going through its trash bins in late May. Yet he manages to find trash from 6 weeks earlier in the trash cans and finds the program from the memorial.

Wouldn't the rats have been all over that trash by that point.

by Anonymousreply 181May 30, 2023 2:20 AM

And again, it took Bug all this time to realize, to remember, what she has known for decades: Phyllis is a monster, a psychopath. Oh, please let Summer not get what she wants. And may Kyle dump her from a plane next time they're in one.

by Anonymousreply 182May 30, 2023 2:24 AM

MTS's Ozempic is working overtime.

Linden Ashby is looking fine at 63.

by Anonymousreply 183May 30, 2023 4:42 PM

Maybe they'll slowly work on styling Linden (like they did with Graz), but last Friday when he got his key card at the GCAC, he looked like a hobo who'd wandered in off the street.

by Anonymousreply 184May 30, 2023 8:53 PM

R184, He looked hot as fuck in today’s flashbacks.

by Anonymousreply 185May 30, 2023 9:16 PM

Well, yeah, flashbacks are from 20 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 186May 30, 2023 9:23 PM

He looked hot today with his shirt unbuttoned, welcoming himself back to GC.

by Anonymousreply 187May 30, 2023 9:26 PM

Fuck Aria. Bring on Borgnine.

by Anonymousreply 188May 30, 2023 9:30 PM

So, they wrote Noah and Ally out without even giving them a sendoff scene?

I guess we should be glad Sharon at least explained what happened to them. The Abbotts haven't mentioned Ally in months.

by Anonymousreply 189May 30, 2023 9:56 PM

R189 We saw Allie and Noah about five or six weeks ago when they arrived home to the Abbott house with suitcases. .. They were said to have been on a lengthy sightseeing trip to London where Noah had been showing Allie the sights from where he used to live. I think both characters were each played a couple of episodes.

Anyway, I remember them in scenes interacting with Summer and JaBottom. Noah also interacted with Sharon, as well as Messa.

Also, during this interlude we heard Noah mention that Allie was working in the Jabooty Lab, and in another scene, Aunt Jack mentioned that Allie had moved in with Noah to get away from all the tension at Abbott house. So they're apparently still around, just not seen.

by Anonymousreply 190May 30, 2023 10:39 PM

r190 You haven't watched Tuesday's episode yet.

Sharon announced the Noah moved back to London to open a club, while Ally moved to Paris to work in the Jabot lab over there.

by Anonymousreply 191May 30, 2023 10:52 PM

Yes, r183. Melody Thomas Scott definitely seems to have prescription of Ozempic now.

Wardrobe likely had to scramble to find something that would fit her when she walked in so much thinner.

by Anonymousreply 192May 30, 2023 11:07 PM

R191 Okay. ;)

If one's in London and the other's in Paris, then let's hope they've actually broken up, because Allie has decided she doesn't want to be bisexual Noah's stereotypical Asian girlfriend...lol.

by Anonymousreply 193May 30, 2023 11:12 PM

LOL so Aunt Jack couldn't even mention that his granddaughter with whom he was so recently united, has left Genoa City?

by Anonymousreply 194May 30, 2023 11:41 PM

R192, And she entered today in a full length shot for maximum display.

by Anonymousreply 195May 31, 2023 2:51 AM

What has Chance been doing for sexual release?

by Anonymousreply 196May 31, 2023 2:54 AM

Why do they dress Detective Chance as a hobo? The hottest guy on the show, he should be in something tight. Cricket, Christine, Bug looked moronic today releasing Diane. What DA does that at someone's home? I guess they could have all gone to the Courthouse Annex - Society. If the trial had occurred, I assume like the Old West, they would have held it in a tavern or high end restaurant.

If they bring Allie back, expect to hear of an explosion in the Jabot Lab, and Allie will then have scars and surgery, and be re-revealed as a blonde Caucasian. Just a guess.

by Anonymousreply 197May 31, 2023 3:26 AM

R196 From what we've seen, Chance is regularly cruising his namesake Park for public toilet action.

Maybe if Chance does as he promised and takes the CSI Tech who did the DNA analysis for him out to dinner, we'll meet a cute geek who will remind Chance that he told him he'd do anything he asked.

by Anonymousreply 198May 31, 2023 3:27 AM

Lily discussing her teenage marriage to Daniel with super-inquisitive Lucy being so enthusiastic about the idea of young love and star-crossed lovers? .. I noticed Lily didn't get around to telling Lucy what led to her and Daniel's divorce (his addiction to internet porn). .. Still laughing at Graz's interview where he said he thought he'd walk onto the set one day, and there'd be a box of Kleenex next to the cumputer for him use.

I've had sufficient of Sally rubbing her belly. .. And does EVERY pregnant woman on daytime suffer from eclampsia?

I enjoyed all the flashbacks with Cameron. I remember viewers being rather derisive over the scene where Nick and Sharon had to parachute out of the jet and landing safely in an Iowa corn field (actually filmed on location somewhere in California). .. But compared to the boring production values we get today, this material from 20 years ago seems fresh and exciting now. .. And Nick punching Cameron and calling him a "Bitch!" .. fun times.

Maybe they don't want psycho-abuser Cameron to look too hot, but the unkempt, scraggly, grey beard makes Linden Ashby look 10 years older than he is.

And Chance is always overdressed -- as in having far too many clothes on. .. Are they not going to open the rooftop Dive Bar this summer?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199May 31, 2023 8:47 PM

"Surprise" pairing?

What's the surprise about it? They've tried to pair this ho with every man in town.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200June 1, 2023 5:52 PM

Laughing at today's little scene where Chelsea tries to talk to Adam about Miss Connor, saying "He's been on edge lately and his moods are all over the place."

When preoccupied Adam suggests that it's probably "just a phase," she asks, "You mean like a pre-teen thing?"

No, hun' like a Princess-in-Training thing!

by Anonymousreply 201June 1, 2023 7:05 PM

Meanwhile, Miss Connor was in her room listening to "Ring the Alarm" on repeat and cutting up pictures of Lucy into tiny pieces.

by Anonymousreply 202June 1, 2023 7:21 PM

Still can't believe they let Noah go (again) so they could resurrect yet another member of the Old & the Resentful to which CBS ought to be forced to change the name of the show, after bringing in Jeremy Stark, Tucker McCall, Ashland Locke x2, and finally (I hope), Cameron Kirsten.

by Anonymousreply 203June 1, 2023 8:03 PM

Rory Gibson is a good-looking guy, but his Sleepy-Time Noah was quite dull. He might have a future in print modeling.

And the character of Allie? ... Good idea on paper, but poorly cast and executed. .. Besides a daughter, I would have included Keemo's son, so we could get some sibling conflict to show another side of the character. .. And unlike Allie's always smiling, studious, good girl Asian stereotype, the brother would be this total waster, bad boy Instaho. He'd be spending his inheritance on expensive underwear and jaunts to Ibiza, Tel Aviv and Dubai. If he did work, his six-pack might get him a job as a personal trainer at the GCAC or a modeling gig for Fenmores.

imho - The best thing to come out of this latest failed Noah arc was the addition of Zuleyka Silver as Audra Charles. While I didn't buy Audra's off-screen relationship with Noah, I've generally found her scenes with other characters entertaining. Maybe they could run with the idea above and give her a hot brother... lol

by Anonymousreply 204June 1, 2023 8:53 PM

Allie could have been an interesting character if they had had her try to sabotage Jabot

by Anonymousreply 205June 1, 2023 11:48 PM

Will Sally's birthing be as dramatic as when Phyllis delivered Summer in an elevator?

by Anonymousreply 206June 2, 2023 12:02 AM

r206 Nick will be off saving Sharon when New Baby Newman is born. Adam will somehow be the baby remover.

by Anonymousreply 207June 2, 2023 12:48 AM

Nick upped the security detail around Crimson Lights?? Cameron must have walked right through them, invisible. LOL. So stupid.

Daniel banging on the door 'Mom...Mom' - yikes.

by Anonymousreply 208June 3, 2023 9:55 PM

Still trying to figure out how JaBottom just randomly appeared outside Phyllis' top secret suite at the GCAC when Dummer opened the door, so he could catch her and Daniel with Phyllis? .. How did he know what room they were in?

Or was it just sheer coincidence, and he was actually on that floor to meet his Grindr hookup in the room across the hall?

by Anonymousreply 209June 4, 2023 12:40 AM

R209, That should be explained at the beginning of Monday’s show.

by Anonymousreply 210June 4, 2023 1:08 AM

I figured he must have followed Bummer.

by Anonymousreply 211June 4, 2023 1:49 AM

How stupid is Dummer to just open the door to some random knocker with her supposedly dead mother in plain sight? Also, are we really supposed to be rooting for Jack and Diane? All of their scenes are so unctuous and cringe.

by Anonymousreply 212June 4, 2023 3:12 AM

R212 JaBottom didn't knock on the door. .. Dummer got upset and decided to leave. .. She grabbed her purse and jacket and headed for the door, opening it, and surprise! surprise!, there was JaBottom on the other side.

by Anonymousreply 213June 4, 2023 4:32 AM

It's weird, when I discovered my cat was sick, I immediately got on the floor and petted him and held him.

At Sharon's house, they discovered the sick cat on the doorstep and immediately slammed the door shut, without ever bothering to check to see if the cat was still alive or not.

by Anonymousreply 214June 6, 2023 10:48 PM

I knew what was up with Borgnine when they didn’t let us see him the day Faith came home. The Cameron Kirsten story is even more boring than Natoria.

by Anonymousreply 215June 6, 2023 11:14 PM

R215, The disclaimer at the end of today’s show made me laugh out loud.

No animals were harmed during the making of this television program.

by Anonymousreply 216June 6, 2023 11:29 PM

“The Cameron Kirsten story is even more boring than Natoria.“

Any storyline that allows me to view Sean Dominic half naked is okay with me.

by Anonymousreply 217June 6, 2023 11:31 PM

Yeah, but seening him in bed with Snoretoria kills any fantasy I might have

by Anonymousreply 218June 6, 2023 11:39 PM

R218,, It could be worse . . . if Victoria were still being played by Heather Tom.

by Anonymousreply 219June 7, 2023 12:16 AM

Tomorrow, when Jabottom goes to tell Chance where Phyllis is, I hope Chance will take him in his arms and comforts him the way Jabottom needs.

by Anonymousreply 220June 7, 2023 12:29 AM

Heather Tom has her own gorgeous black bf on Bold and Beautiful

by Anonymousreply 221June 7, 2023 2:01 AM

Wouldn't the GC Police/Chricket have Daniel and Dummer under constant surveillance, knowing it's likely Phyllis would contact them? How idiotic she's in the Athletic Club, and no one can figure it out.

by Anonymousreply 222June 7, 2023 2:20 AM

R222, Isn’t Housekeeping cleaning the room?

by Anonymousreply 223June 7, 2023 7:21 AM

When the maid comes in, Phyllis probably puts on her Baseball Cap of Invisibility.

Cameron was wearing one as well on Monday's episode.

by Anonymousreply 224June 7, 2023 8:23 AM

How idiotic she's in the Athletic Club, and no one can figure it out.

They didn't know where Cameron was either, yet we actually saw him check-in to the GCAC with the concierge calling him by his actual name.

by Anonymousreply 225June 7, 2023 8:26 AM

Do we think that Cricket or Chance are smart enough to put surveillance on Dummer and Daniel?

by Anonymousreply 226June 7, 2023 2:36 PM

Well, if Phyllis had stayed at the Phoenix Hotel, more people might recognize her since she used to own the place. But those Phoenix Hotel sets seem to have been abandoned for the revised Athletic Club set.

Meanwhile, Phyllis should have stayed at another no tell motel, but then they would have had to build another set.

by Anonymousreply 227June 7, 2023 5:03 PM

Phyllis should be living in a van down by the river.

Seriously, a trailer park would do. .. And this is when Phyllis meets some interesting characters - like the hot, typically shirtless ex-con who manages the trailer park; then there's the sweet twink who had to runaway from home, because he was being beaten by his homophobic stepfather. He's been taken in by a kindly elder gay who watches daytime soap operas. Also, there this totally wacky black woman who showed up at the trailer park 15 years ago with amnesia. She thinks she own the place and takes an immediate dislike to Phyllis. btw - She looks a lot like Drucilla, and Phyllis has some fun with this before telling her who she is.

by Anonymousreply 228June 7, 2023 7:31 PM

[quote] And this is when Phyllis meets some interesting characters - like the hot, typically shirtless ex-con who manages the trailer park

Except Y&R's current idea of "hot" is someone on the far side of 60 (Linden Ashby, 63; Robert Newman, 64; James Hyde, 60). Their first impulse would be to see if Drake Hogestyn is working. The most interesting person they could consider is Hart Bochner, to whose presence I might not object.

by Anonymousreply 229June 7, 2023 9:03 PM

JaBottom and Chance alone in that hotel suite ....

No, Phyllis isn't there, but why go there for nothing and waste that empty room?

Heck, post-fuck, they could even order room service charged to the bitch's account.

by Anonymousreply 230June 9, 2023 6:59 PM

Dead Phyllis has a credit card?

by Anonymousreply 231June 9, 2023 7:12 PM

R231 As part of the original plan, we heard Jeremy set Syphllyis up with fake i.d. and documentation.to start her new life. We can probably assume that included fake credit-debit cards to access her part of the money.

by Anonymousreply 232June 9, 2023 8:07 PM

Oh. I suppose I should pay more attention to this stupid show, but then again, why bother?

by Anonymousreply 233June 9, 2023 9:59 PM

How is Phyllis managing to get her hair done? They should have her looking a mess.

by Anonymousreply 234June 9, 2023 10:36 PM

Instead of Faith, they should have done something different and had Evil Daddy Cameron kidnap Noah.

Noah figures the only way out of this might be to seduce Cameron. After all, he thinks, Cameron's been in prison for the last 20 years, so there's no way he didn't indulge in some M/M action.

But by the time this over, the tables are turned, and Noah comes down with a case of Stockholm Syndrome.

by Anonymousreply 235June 13, 2023 12:03 AM

Folks this is what happens when you do not take your dementia meds

by Anonymousreply 236June 13, 2023 12:06 AM

SPOILER SPECULATION

Phyllis's redemption.....she rescues Faith. Such complex writing, if true.

by Anonymousreply 237June 13, 2023 1:07 AM

Faith should pull a Patty Hearst and inform Sharon and Nick that she chooses to remain with Cameron.

by Anonymousreply 238June 13, 2023 1:22 AM

[quote]Phyllis's redemption.....she rescues Faith.

Yeah, that'll work.

[quote]Such complex writing, if true.

Indeed.

by Anonymousreply 239June 13, 2023 2:40 AM

r239 = Adam Newman

by Anonymousreply 240June 13, 2023 2:40 AM

Gotta love Nate and Audra's super secret drink at Society while failing to see Victor who was three feet away.

by Anonymousreply 241June 13, 2023 2:45 AM

My fantasy is for heather tom to return to this show. I think it will happen before I die. Amelia may have to die first but that can be arranged.

by Anonymousreply 242June 13, 2023 2:46 AM

[quote]My fantasy is for heather tom to return to this show.

I wish a case of PSS on you, r242.

by Anonymousreply 243June 13, 2023 2:48 AM

The opening credits for the Tuesday June 13th episode appear to show that the WGA strike episodes have now started.

Of course, Griffith's "Written by" credit appears, because he's FiCore. .. But Amanda L. Beall, Jeff Beldner, and Brent Boyd's names have all been removed. Due to their positions, they get credited every episode. There's no scriptwriter for the episode listed either. Beall's name has also been removed as one of the show's producers.

by Anonymousreply 244June 13, 2023 6:31 AM

R241 it was so crowded at Society Audra and Nate couldn't see Victor. I wish the GC Health Department would cite Abby for whatever is keeping extras, er patrons, away.

by Anonymousreply 245June 13, 2023 9:13 AM

They were so close, r245. Nate, at least, should have been able to smell Victor’s Black Knight cologne.

by Anonymousreply 246June 13, 2023 10:52 AM

Is it possible Cameron is Faith's actual father?

by Anonymousreply 247June 14, 2023 12:50 AM

I kept wishing that during Summer and Mariah's conversation that Summer would just look at Mariah and say "Yeah, well you're fat!" and flounce out.

by Anonymousreply 248June 14, 2023 6:38 PM

The whole woman/helpless girl in danger storylines are so lame.

by Anonymousreply 249June 14, 2023 10:24 PM

r249 This one only exists, AFAIC, as a device to make Sally want to go back to Adam. Nick's going to be so busy saving Sharon and Faith, Adam will be the one to deliver Sally's baby. And Sally will fall back in love with Adam, which is how it ought to be.

by Anonymousreply 250June 14, 2023 10:36 PM

Good ending to Wednesday’s episode, with Cameron already in the house with Sharon.

by Anonymousreply 251June 15, 2023 11:42 AM

Well apparently Victor's "security" sucks ass.

by Anonymousreply 252June 15, 2023 2:47 PM

And apparently Nick wasn't paying attention during all of Victor's endless boxing lessons.

by Anonymousreply 253June 15, 2023 6:58 PM

Yeah, yeah but HOW BIG WAS THE HOLE IN NOAH'S CLOSET?????? LOL

by Anonymousreply 254June 15, 2023 7:16 PM

Is Sharon’s house built into the side of a hill because how else could Cameron tunnel into an upstairs room? Also, no one noticed this or heard anything?

by Anonymousreply 255June 15, 2023 7:51 PM

[quote]how else could Cameron tunnel into an upstairs room? Also, no one noticed this or heard anything?

People wondered the same thing when I broke into Crickett's apartment years ago.

by Anonymousreply 256June 15, 2023 8:00 PM

Seriously stupid. It would have made more sense, if they said he came down a chimney from the roof like Santa Claus.

by Anonymousreply 257June 15, 2023 8:02 PM

Brett Hadley, who played Paul Williams' dad Carl, is DEAD to US!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 258June 16, 2023 4:23 PM

I hope that dude kills Faith. What a(nother) worthless character.

by Anonymousreply 259June 16, 2023 5:36 PM

There was some BIG issue between Brett Hadley and the show during Carl Williams' last go-around where the character came back as "Jim" and had amnesia. .. As I recall, the actor was ready to walk out the door and not look back and only agreed to do some final scenes to wrap things up, because of Dougie. .. It's been a long time, but I think it had to do with TPTB promising him a contract w/ guarantee, but then reneging, so he got pissed and told them to take this job and shove it. The story was supposed to last much longer. Instead, it just got played that his memory wasn't going to come back and went back to Norfolk with lesbian Ruthie. About a month later they edited in some scene where Jim-Carl called Paul to see how Mary was doing, but that was probably pre-taped. He was done, never to be heard from again.

by Anonymousreply 260June 16, 2023 7:52 PM

Did I miss something? Exactly how does Adam have the authority to make the medical decision as to whether to save Sally or the baby? He's not Sally's husband. Did Sally sign some kind of Healthcare directive before she passed out?

by Anonymousreply 261June 16, 2023 10:35 PM

He's the baby's father. Doesn't that count?

by Anonymousreply 262June 16, 2023 10:36 PM

We all known Carolyn Conwell as playing Paul's judgmental mother, Mary Williams.

But things could have been very different. In an interview 20 years ago or more, Conwell casually mentioned that she auditioned for the role of Marlena Evans on Days.

Just imagine if they'd cast her!

Try to imagine judgmental Mary as the saintly Marlena. Let that image sink in for a moment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 263June 16, 2023 11:21 PM

Carolyn Conwell would have been 20 years too old to play Marlena! As it was, Deidre Hall was barely a teenager when she was cast as Marlena in 1976. As I remember child labor laws forced Days to use her twin sister, Andrea, so the girls could have a tutor on set.

by Anonymousreply 264June 16, 2023 11:41 PM

A few years before Bell cast Conwell as "Mary WIlliams," she played rapist Ron Becker's mother, Marion.

This was one of Bill Bell's weirdest stories ever (imho) and would never get made today.

As the story was winding down, serial rapist Ron (who'd also gotten his wife, Nancy, locked-up in a mental hospital by overdosing her meds) had some kind of "epiphany" and came to believe that his mother, Marion, had emotionally abandoned him or something when he was growing up and this is why he'd become a rapist. Mother and son had some kind of "Freudian breakthrough" over this, and he was miraculously cured!

Soon Ron, Nancy, their little daughter, Karen, and Mother Marion all jumped in a car and moved to Alaska for a happily-ever-after-ending.

Bell originally said this was his "do over" for the rape story he'd done where George Curtis (fugly Tony Geary) had sexually assaulted Chris Brooks and gotten away with it during trial when a jury found him not guilty.

But here, Ron not only got away with raping Peggy Brooks (and other women) but got an excuse and a free pass to have a happy ending.

Bizarre.

by Anonymousreply 265June 17, 2023 12:03 AM

Well, Adam, I wasn't expecting that ending!

by Anonymousreply 266June 17, 2023 12:25 AM

Mark Grossman’s cakes were caking in today’s episode. I didn’t realize he had THAT much ass. He and Josh Morrow could hold a cake-off.

by Anonymousreply 267June 17, 2023 1:28 AM

Mark Grossman, shirtless…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 268June 17, 2023 1:28 AM

Too bad he's a MAGAt.

by Anonymousreply 269June 17, 2023 1:36 AM

I know Josh is conservative, but Mark is too? Bummer.

by Anonymousreply 270June 17, 2023 1:47 AM

OMG. I had to FF through most of Tuesday's episode. I couldn't deal with Sally crying through the whole episode. She was like fingernails on a black board.

by Anonymousreply 271June 21, 2023 12:23 AM

I liked it, r271. I felt bad for Adam, my favorite character. However, I wondered what the point of the Cameron Kirsten story was if not to reunite Sally and Adam.

by Anonymousreply 272June 21, 2023 1:20 AM

R271, Her Emmy reel.

by Anonymousreply 273June 21, 2023 1:41 AM

Weeping Sally caressing that pink box while waving her black, stripper-pole nails around was pure soap goodness

by Anonymousreply 274June 21, 2023 3:26 AM

Who else wanted Nick to take his little brother home tonight, and caress him tenderly while fucking him in the ass?

by Anonymousreply 275June 21, 2023 3:30 AM

Did Sally's surgery happen at an urgent care? No hospital background sounds, no extras. We could have at least heard 'Dr. Marnie Kowalski...report to Surgery..."

by Anonymousreply 276June 21, 2023 9:36 AM

Gee, I actually agree with Sally.

Adam should have chosen to save the baby instead of her.

Then, we could have finally gotten rid of her annoying character.

Adam and Nick would have decided to move into together in order to raise "Hope" as a couple.

Christian deserves his "My Two Dads and Me" life as well.

by Anonymousreply 277June 21, 2023 7:38 PM

Has Grossman moved on to the Audra actress? They seem to have chemistry.

by Anonymousreply 278June 23, 2023 5:07 PM

After her Ozempic weight loss, Mel’s entrances are now full length to showcase it.

by Anonymousreply 279June 23, 2023 7:37 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 280June 24, 2023 12:56 PM

Spoilers indicate JaBottom has a few too many and has sex with Audra.

Too bad he doesn't get drunk and - SURPRISE! - wake up in bed with FenMo!

by Anonymousreply 281June 25, 2023 7:25 AM

R281, Or Chance, who hasn’t had sex in months.

by Anonymousreply 282June 25, 2023 11:22 AM

Nice interview with Sharon and Linden.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283June 25, 2023 11:23 AM

Good grief. Now, we're going to have watch DuhVon and Blabby takeover the Chancellor Estate? ugh.

And no, Chance. .. You don't need to be "rattling around in that big ol' house all by yourself." .. This is when you fill it up with NuPhillip and his hot, Australian (gold-digging) fiance; there should also be a live-in poolboy, groundskeeper, stableboy, and personal chef on premises. Phillip might suggest that Cousin FenMo and his boyfriend stay there when they move to Genoa City. Or, you could always advertise for a couple of roommates. You never know who might apply!

by Anonymousreply 284June 26, 2023 8:54 PM

Sharon has earned that Chance dick, and instead they are going to give it to Dummer.

by Anonymousreply 285June 27, 2023 1:56 AM

They should mix things up and have Mariah comfort Dummer.

by Anonymousreply 286June 27, 2023 2:29 AM

Has there ever been a less convincing hook-up than Jabottom and Audra?

by Anonymousreply 287June 29, 2023 7:08 PM

R287, It was beyond awkward. Michael Mealor looked absolutely terrified, not aroused.

by Anonymousreply 288June 29, 2023 7:14 PM

r287

shouldn't that be Jabottom and any female

by Anonymousreply 289June 29, 2023 7:25 PM

Much more believable if it was JaBottom and Chance.

Or maybe even JaBottom and Adam.

by Anonymousreply 290June 29, 2023 8:09 PM

Hot town summer in the city took off my pants and you flicked your titties.

by Anonymousreply 291June 29, 2023 10:38 PM

Even GayKyle had more chem with the ladies than JaBottom ... although it would have been believable if he and Luca Santori had fucked behind Dummer's back.

btw - If you're looking for a lively comedy, the series called "Wellmania" that Lachlan was in for Netflix is pretty funny. (Eight, half-hour episodes). He plays the lead's gay brother. It's also fun to hear him speak with his natural Australian accent.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 292June 30, 2023 8:46 PM

They're going to show a vintage episode from 1992 on July 4.

[quote] On The Young and the Restless, the show will reach back more than 30 years for a classic episode in which John Abbott hosts family and friends for a special July 4th celebration. The episode originally aired July 3, 1992.

by Anonymousreply 293July 2, 2023 10:13 AM

Good. We won't have to look at so-called fashionista Summer's insanely unattractive wardrobe choices.

by Anonymousreply 294July 2, 2023 3:22 PM

R293 — I know I’m an old queen, but I wish they’d select older episodes when choosing something vintage.

by Anonymousreply 295July 2, 2023 4:07 PM

They don't want to show ANYTHING from 73-82, the Brooks and Fosters are never to be mentioned again.

by Anonymousreply 296July 2, 2023 6:36 PM

Thirty-one years ago is pretty vintage at this point... lol.

I imagine they wanted something featuring Jerry Douglas (due to last week's special episode) and at least a few of the other senior citizens who are still on the show.

by Anonymousreply 297July 2, 2023 8:30 PM

What was last week's special episode?

by Anonymousreply 298July 3, 2023 5:28 PM

Last week's special episode was Jerry Douglas' widow begging a check for a day's work.

by Anonymousreply 299July 3, 2023 5:43 PM

R299 - I doubt she was begging a check.

by Anonymousreply 300July 3, 2023 6:29 PM

Now that JaBottom is going to lose his job, it would make sense for him to start an OnlyFans page.

by Anonymousreply 301July 4, 2023 3:03 AM

Oh? Is Summer firing him?

by Anonymousreply 302July 4, 2023 3:10 AM

Spoilers say Aunt Jack tells JaBottom that he can't continue to work at Marchetti, because of his marital problems with Dummer. And apparently Jabooty doesn't look good to him because Billy's co-CEO now. .. Something like that.

by Anonymousreply 303July 4, 2023 3:19 AM

Maybe Audra can hire Jabottom to work for her at Newman Media.

by Anonymousreply 304July 4, 2023 3:39 AM

The episode broadcast on July 4th, was an episode from 1992. An Abbott 4th of July party. Several actors who have passed away. With the added bonus of a brief view of Don Diamont (Brad Carlton) in a speedo.

by Anonymousreply 305July 5, 2023 10:00 AM

Was Jill Mrs. John Abbott at the time or was it one of the seventeen other stray cats he married?

by Anonymousreply 306July 5, 2023 12:38 PM

Do you think John Abbott was hung?

by Anonymousreply 307July 5, 2023 12:38 PM

I think Miguel was probably hung.

by Anonymousreply 308July 5, 2023 4:27 PM

How many episodes will it take for Chance to mount Summer?

by Anonymousreply 309July 5, 2023 5:24 PM

[quote] Do you think John Abbott was hung?

Apparently, John wasn't hung enough to satisfy the town slut, Dina!

And it didn't matter what John's health problem was (e.g. heart attack, stroke, lumbago, bird flu, etc. etc.) it ALWAYS affected his performance in the bedroom. .. He should have bought stock in the little blue pill company.

And being that John was into developing cosmetics, a better question might be: Do we think John actually preferred the cute twinks down in the male room? .. Or perhaps the rough trade on the loading dock?

by Anonymousreply 310July 5, 2023 7:54 PM

[quote]Do we think John actually preferred the cute twinks down in the male room?

My lips are sealed. Not saying a word.

by Anonymousreply 311July 5, 2023 8:04 PM

The male room??? What floor is that on??

by Anonymousreply 312July 5, 2023 8:10 PM

The real reason Dina left John is because she refused to beard for him any longer.

by Anonymousreply 313July 5, 2023 8:18 PM

R312 The male room is the supply closet in the mail room, and shouldn't be confused with the men's room on the 9th floor.

by Anonymousreply 314July 5, 2023 9:37 PM

Since JaBottom is being reassigned, let's hope its to the male room, where he can discover his true self.

by Anonymousreply 315July 6, 2023 5:07 PM

Not unless Audra is trans, methinks, r315 (which they'd probably do before doing a gay male storyline).

by Anonymousreply 316July 6, 2023 5:21 PM

I love Audra. I know TPTB will mess it up, though.

by Anonymousreply 317July 6, 2023 7:02 PM

[quote]Not unless Audra is trans.

They'd never do anything like that. Not in a million years.

by Anonymousreply 318July 6, 2023 7:10 PM

Audra has all the makings of a great soap opera villain. But any hints that she's getting too popular and she'll get booted off the show. ALL attention must be focused on Hans, and Aunt Jack's nauseating romance with Diane.

by Anonymousreply 319July 6, 2023 7:35 PM

[quote] They'd never do anything like that. Not in a million years.

Especially since the actress playing Audra isn't trans herself.

Things have changed since the Maya Avant story on B&B. The trans community would be up in arms that a trans role wasn't being played by a trans actress.

by Anonymousreply 320July 6, 2023 7:38 PM

Adam: "Connor is away at sports camp."

by Anonymousreply 321July 7, 2023 4:56 PM

Kyle sure is loving getting his dick wet with Audra.

by Anonymousreply 322July 7, 2023 6:02 PM

Honey, it's not his dick that's getting wet

by Anonymousreply 323July 7, 2023 6:40 PM

"Connor is away at sports camp."

Someone needs to take charge of the cheerleading squad !!

by Anonymousreply 324July 7, 2023 9:02 PM

R323 Audra definitely seems like she'd be into pegging.

Recall, she was involved with Noah too!

by Anonymousreply 325July 7, 2023 9:53 PM

Connor's not away. Sports camp is at Walnut Grove.

by Anonymousreply 326July 8, 2023 2:29 AM

Any scenes featuring Sally means fast forwarding for me.

by Anonymousreply 327July 8, 2023 3:18 AM

"Sports camp is fun!"

by Anonymousreply 328July 8, 2023 9:39 AM

Were any of you guys watching when Andrea Evans played Patty Williams? Do you recall if she was well received, seeing how she was a recast?

by Anonymousreply 329July 11, 2023 1:18 PM

R320 You're so right. The trans community would be up in arms since we're in a different era now. Although Maya was seen as a form of representation for the trans community in daytime back then, and a trailblazer, they have a broader voice now, so anyone other than a trans actress will more than likely not go over too well.

by Anonymousreply 330July 11, 2023 1:22 PM

Nick and Adam both have great asses btw 😆 I know that was a conversation more towards the beginning of the thread, it's worth another mention. And Chance is 🥵 as hell.

Is Connor supposed to be gay, is that where they're going with his moody story?

by Anonymousreply 331July 11, 2023 1:25 PM

For those of you keeping track, supposedly the Y&R material written with the help of scab writers starts on 7/12.

by Anonymousreply 332July 11, 2023 1:28 PM

*Starts airing on 7/12 is what it should say at R332. I didn't think that Josh Griffith would step down since he hadn't before, so it remains to be seen if it's still him writing with the assistance of scan writers, or if they're there on their own.

by Anonymousreply 333July 11, 2023 1:33 PM

*Meant scab writers at R333 not scan 😆

by Anonymousreply 334July 11, 2023 1:34 PM

R329 - I was watching at the time and found the recast really jarring. Lilibet Stern was SO different physically from Andrea. Lilibet wasn’t the best actress (and also not the first Patty), but she did have an aura of innocence about her.

Andrea was pretty well-known (in daytime) and was probably quite the get for YR. I warmed up to her pretty quickly. Andrea was a good actor.

It seemed like the character really waned once the big shooting story was over.

by Anonymousreply 335July 11, 2023 2:20 PM

R335 Thanks for your insight, I wasn't aware that Lilibet Stern wasn't the first Patty. It makes sense that they would cast Andrea based on how she already had somewhat of a name already from OLTL. The big shooting you're referring to is when Patty shot Terry Lester's Jack, right? Did you happen to watch during Patty's return under Stacy Haiduk?

by Anonymousreply 336July 11, 2023 2:26 PM

R336 - R335 here. I did watch Patty’s return and thought Stacy Haiduk was really fun. I was very pleasantly surprised that anyone even remembered Patty by then.

One of the few criticisms I have had for Bill Bell is that he had a policy of never mentioning a character once they’d been written out (Chuck Cunningham Syndrome?). The Williams family had been built out — but then mostly disappeared.

When Patty first appeared she and Mary were written to be upset/repulsed by Paul’s wanton ways. Patty was about 15, I believe.

Steven Williams (I honestly don’t remember Todd at all from the early days) was upstanding and stalwart — kind of the opposite of Paul who was written as being pretty directionless and rebellious.

There were scenes of Patty and Paul that demonstrated they loved one another — but I believe all the Pattycakes stuff was a bit revisionist.

To my recollection Patty had barely been mentioned between Andrea Evans and Stacy Haiduk.

I did really enjoy the campiness of Stacy’s Patty (her cat!). I easily suspended my disbelief, but it didn’t ring true at all that Patty had spent all those years yearning for Jack.

by Anonymousreply 337July 11, 2023 3:13 PM

I wish to save time, the use of that one suite at the Athletic Club would have scenes of Audra and Kyle in bed, at the same time as Victoria and Nate, and completely ignore the fact that the other couple is there, all the while Sally is arguing with Adam or Nick at that fireplace, and everyone is talking over each other.

by Anonymousreply 338July 11, 2023 5:07 PM

R337 Stacy Haiduk seemed to get more accolades for her appearances on AMC and Y&R than she's receiving on DAYS. I believe you're right, I doubt there was barely a mention (if any at all) of Patty in between Andrea's/Stacy's stints. I also found the "yearning for Jack" angle hard to believe as well (along with others it seems, so I guess there's a group of us) yet I guess they wanted a storyline from Jack's past at that time. I'd have to look up Todd, that's not ringing a bell.

As for Bill Bell not mentioning characters once they're gone, I've noticed that pattern on other soaps too, some more than others. I don't know if this was the case with Bill perse, however I do know that when actors/characters were mentioned back in the day, they earned a paycheck everytime their name was discussed (and also if their likeness was used) and that prevented some soaps from referring to characters that were off canvas. Another reason is probably the whole "out of sight/out of mind" concept, then all of a sudden they start having conversations about a character, which is usually an indicator they're returning (which prevented them from having to pay the previous actor if the character was on their way back to town by way of recast).

by Anonymousreply 339July 11, 2023 5:13 PM

[quote] I do know that when actors/characters were mentioned back in the day, they earned a paycheck everytime their name was discussed

The actor who most recently played a character but is now off the show gets a paycheck whenever another character on the show mentions his/her character's name?!?!??!?!

That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard of. The actor's don't own the character or the character's names.

Yes, actors get paid if old clips of their scenes are included in an episode. That's because their likeness, their performance is being used.

But the mere mention of a character's name means the actor who most recently played him gets a paycheck? I guess Doug Davidson has been depositing some checks recently since Paul Williams has been mentioned several times in recent months.

by Anonymousreply 340July 11, 2023 5:54 PM

Sorry but R339, no. Actors do not get paid every time their character is mentioned. As R340 said, they MAY get a small residual if a clip of theirs is used.

What you MAY be confusing this with is the long standing rumor that a show's writer gets a licensing fee if a character of theirs is used. Some people have said this is nonsense, and it may not have been for every soap or every writer, but I think some writers negotiated for this. (I believe Sam Hall at OLTL was one, and took the show or ABC to court at some point....or was it Prospect Park?)

It was widely assumed, especially for a lot of the now defunct NY shows, that the producers were reluctant to use older characters because they'd then have to pay an extra licensing fee.

by Anonymousreply 341July 11, 2023 6:03 PM

[quote] I do know that when actors/characters were mentioned back in the day, they earned a paycheck every time their name was discussed

That can't be true. Although, an actor would get paid if the mention included a flashback.

by Anonymousreply 342July 11, 2023 8:05 PM

{quote] Steven Williams (I honestly don’t remember Todd at all from the early days) was upstanding and stalwart — kind of the opposite of Paul who was written as being pretty directionless and rebellious.

When The Williams were first added as Paul's family, Todd was the youngest. A couple years younger than Patty, so probably 14. He was never seen, but we heard he had just started attending one of those Catholic seminary high schools where teenage boys who showed an interest in becoming a priest would be sent to study. .. Viewers could only imagine he'd show up in a few years questioning this decision and a vow to celibacy. Seemed like a soap standard back in the day. .. They kind of fucked things up when they made Todd older than Paul simply because they wanted to give Wilma Jeanne some scenes with her real life son, Corbin.

And the thing with Steve and Paul was Bell's same story of "First Son vs. Second Son." .. During the year Steve was played, it was mainly about what a bright and successful future First Son Steve had and what an abysmal disappointment Second Son Paul was. .. Paul was the loser with the inferiority complex, who thought he'd never measure up to Steve (well, unless they dropped their drawers and got a tape measure out .. lol).

by Anonymousreply 343July 11, 2023 8:30 PM

Thanks so much R343! I totally agree about the brother template (Bell really revisited some wells over and over).

I don’t remember any mention of Todd, but it makes more sense that he would’ve been younger.

by Anonymousreply 344July 11, 2023 8:46 PM

[quote] but it didn’t ring true at all that Patty had spent all those years yearning for Jack

No, that didn't ring true at all. Because back when they wrapped up Patty's storyline in '84, she had definitely declared her independence and moved on from Jack. There was absolutely nothing between them.

If anything, Patty was stuck on former boyfriend, Danny Romalotti. She was hoping to get back together with Danny and things seemed to be moving in that direction. But then out of the blue, Danny up and married (pregnant) Traci Abbott just so she wouldn't look like a slutty, unwed mother who'd had an affair with her college professor. While Danny & Traci's marriage was platonic, Patty became suspicious that Traci's intentions were to make things permanent with Danny, so Patty confronted her rival. This led to an argument where Patty did the soapy 'arm grab' causing Traci to fall into the banister on the staircase. Traci ended up losing the baby.

Patty believed Danny would never forgive her and that became the main reason she left town, as she thought pursing him would be futile. So, if anything, she should have been stuck on Danny and still had animosity toward Traci.

I wouldn't doubt that another reason why Patty was written off that year is because Bell had plans to move cutesy-blonde, teenage daughter Lauralee into the mix.

by Anonymousreply 345July 11, 2023 8:58 PM

Thanks R345 - I remembered that. Earlier (when Lilibet was in the role) wasn’t it Danny (working at Jonas’ with Paul) who had the crush on Patty?

Side note: I also remember Traci literally putting her head in Danny’s oven to off herself due to the professor/pregnancy.

by Anonymousreply 346July 11, 2023 9:21 PM

R346 Yes, Danny was a singing waiter at Jonas' Place. He and Patty had been high school sweethearts, but then she became attracted to older man Jack and broke up with Danny (much to the dismay of The Williams, because Danny was the good Catholic boy, while Jack was the town scoundrel). Patty lied about her age when she first met Jack. At some point, Jill filled him in that Patty was jail bait.

by Anonymousreply 347July 11, 2023 9:33 PM

It looks like Sharon and Chance finally hit the sheets next week.

by Anonymousreply 348July 14, 2023 5:30 PM

348 I think Adam watches them from outside a cabin window, or maybe it was Sharon's house.

by Anonymousreply 349July 15, 2023 12:15 AM

1. Narcissist Nate still doesn't get it.

2. Summer's Burning Sienna wardrobe returns next week. This bitch doesn't have a clue about dressing nicely. And fashionably? Forget about it.

3. Tucker and Ashley's plan is such idiot plotting. Are they going to rehire her Jabot so she can haunt Diane in the hallways? Oh, wait. They can't anymore. They're starting Simply Ashley.

4. I'm enjoying single JaBottom. Shame Chance is getting with Sharon instead of him, but I can live with anyone who takes Chance's clothes off.

by Anonymousreply 350July 15, 2023 12:57 AM

Why on earth would Chance want Sharons geriatric cooch?

by Anonymousreply 351July 15, 2023 2:05 AM

Much like her face, Sharon's "cooch" has been refreshed.

by Anonymousreply 352July 15, 2023 9:26 AM

This get Phyllis free plot is moronic. Why aren't the cops staking out the Athletic Club and Chancellor Park CONSTANTLY since Phyl is known to frequent those areas? Surely, some decent GC citizen or tenant at the AC has noticed the tall, redhead dressed in black with a big floppy hat, haunting the hallways, or security cameras? I guess Christine got egg on her face, and the police have been defunded because of the Diane prosecution. The guy playing the EMT looks like a cartoon character with his cheesy moustache. Glad he's enjoying the AC with free Netflix and all the cheap beer he can drink. Maybe they can send him Esther's way, she needs a little lovin.

by Anonymousreply 353July 15, 2023 9:27 AM

R351, Why did Arturo want Nikki’s?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 354July 15, 2023 9:59 AM

Tristan Lake Leabu (Reed) has a band now and has a sexy ‘70s vibe going on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 355July 17, 2023 11:42 AM

Arturo… damn!

by Anonymousreply 356July 17, 2023 12:20 PM

Nate may be an asshole now BUT Devon is truly a piece of shit. He campaigned to get his sister thrown into jail. Then ends up suing her for control of her company, and ruining Nate's surgical career for fucking his girlfriend who he eventually cheats on. I'm not sure why they want anything to do with him.

They should've let Sally shit that baby out because the triangle is really getting tiresome.

I'm liking Audra but I hope they give a worthy opponent cause Summer ain't it.

by Anonymousreply 357July 17, 2023 12:26 PM

It looked like hot Chase was fucking a mannequin. Case needs to lay off the fillers.

by Anonymousreply 358July 17, 2023 5:28 PM

[quote]It looked like hot Chase was fucking a mannequin.

Moi?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 359July 17, 2023 6:00 PM

Oops, Chance. Thanks (R359) .

by Anonymousreply 360July 17, 2023 6:15 PM

[quote]Tristan Lake Leabu (Reed) has a band now and has a sexy ‘70s vibe going on.

He looks better now with the longer hair than he did when he was on the show with the puffy hair.

by Anonymousreply 361July 17, 2023 8:57 PM

I would prefer to forget that he ever played Reed.

by Anonymousreply 362July 17, 2023 9:54 PM

R362 The show has.

by Anonymousreply 363July 17, 2023 10:54 PM

[quote]I would prefer to forget that he ever played Reed.

Since he only played Reed for a year, that's fairly easy to do.

by Anonymousreply 364July 17, 2023 10:56 PM

Stephen Gregory was another gay actor on the show during the Thom Bierdz, Michael Corbett, Terry Lester, time period. Gregory is 58 now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 365July 17, 2023 11:45 PM

Chase Bendoverson went to go get a sales report from the guys in Marketing and never came back!

by Anonymousreply 366July 18, 2023 1:23 AM

I wasn’t expecting Chance to be that smooth when his shirt came off.

by Anonymousreply 367July 18, 2023 4:27 PM

Neither was I!

by Anonymousreply 368July 18, 2023 4:39 PM

r367, you must have missed his numerous shirtless scenes with Abby in the Chancellor living room about a year ago. I find Conner Floyd so attractive, I've visualized a couple of characters in books I've read lately as looking just like him, including a gay escort in a book I no longer remember the name of.

by Anonymousreply 369July 18, 2023 4:51 PM

Conner Floyd manscapes. We've previously seen him with a dusting of hair across his upper chest, as well as totally shaved. Plus, he's shown a treasure trail, giving way to musings of a matching booty trail.

by Anonymousreply 370July 18, 2023 8:24 PM

Click the photo to enlarge and you can get a sense of his more natural state.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 371July 19, 2023 2:08 AM

I was hoping Audra and Kyle would have invited Nate to a threesome.

by Anonymousreply 372July 19, 2023 7:36 AM

Me too!

by Anonymousreply 373July 19, 2023 2:29 PM

Morrow looks hotter than hell today. Nick and Adam need to fuck.

by Anonymousreply 374July 19, 2023 5:21 PM

Geez, it's summer. Wardrobe needs to get Adam out of that totally boring, all-black "Victor Junior" uniform they always have wearing.

Let's have him set up his office poolside at the rooftop Dive Bar and dress him in some summery short-shorts.

Hot Nick can show up for their meeting getting out of the pool in his wet, body-clinging, low-slung board shorts, because he's still a dudebro from the 90s.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 375July 19, 2023 8:40 PM

They were indeed both hot today, but neither of them register as Eric Braeden’s son, particularly Morrow (who is beefy as fuck, btw). He’s too boy band/all American/dude bro/jock and he lacks the swarthy, dashing looks that would believably make him Eric’s son.

by Anonymousreply 376July 19, 2023 9:52 PM

Adam in white looks like a totally different person.

by Anonymousreply 377July 19, 2023 9:54 PM

I think I trust the Adam wearing white even less than I trust the Adam wearing black.

by Anonymousreply 378July 19, 2023 9:55 PM

Chance can’t wait for another round with Sharon.

by Anonymousreply 379July 19, 2023 10:01 PM

R379: Yup, I know that look well. BTW, has Micheal Mealor (our beloved, JaBottom) been working out?? His pecs look much more in place than before.

by Anonymousreply 380July 19, 2023 10:24 PM

“Young and the Restless (Y&R) spoilers suggest some shocking plot twists on the horizon in Genoa City. Right now, Audra Charles (Zulekya Silver) is riding a major wave. Not only is she the interim Newman Media CEO, but she’s bagged herself an Abbott.

With that being said, could Noah Newman (Rory Gibson) return to remind everyone what Audra’s really about?“

by Anonymousreply 381July 19, 2023 10:38 PM

Watching Jabottom and NuSummer “acting” is just so so painful.

by Anonymousreply 382July 19, 2023 10:51 PM

She's better than old Summer, r382. I could not stand her.

by Anonymousreply 383July 19, 2023 11:00 PM

R383, She had nice titties.

by Anonymousreply 384July 19, 2023 11:17 PM

[quote]She had nice titties.

Just makes you want to squeeze them, doesn't it, r384

Squeeze 'em tight!

by Anonymousreply 385July 20, 2023 12:10 AM

R381: Riry Gibson should return to show off those magnificent pecs.

by Anonymousreply 386July 20, 2023 7:04 AM

I don't care if he's in his 40's, bring back Robert Adamson as Noah. Geez. Patsy Bruder was 10 years younger than the actor playing her son on ATWT.

by Anonymousreply 387July 20, 2023 7:23 PM

The last writer who had an idea to make Noah interesting was MAB.

Just hearing the name now, and I feel boredom setting in.

by Anonymousreply 388July 20, 2023 8:32 PM

[quote]The last writer who had an idea to make Noah interesting was MAB.

Who was playing Noah then, and what made him interesting?

by Anonymousreply 389July 20, 2023 8:59 PM

I hearted Stacey Haiduk's roles on Y&R (I even liked Emily.) But Pattypalooza was the most fun the show had been since Marge Chancellor. (The one soap standard I adore is the impostor storyline. Just love 'em. Don't know why but I think they're great.)

by Anonymousreply 390July 20, 2023 9:38 PM

R389 Kevin G. Schmidt had been in the role of Noah during the character's teenage years and was still playing Noah when he reached adulthood and started college. His blond complexion drove home the point that he was less a Newman and more Sharon's son. This seemed to fit with how things had been since early on.

Noah had gone to Paris with his high school girlfriend, Eden Baldwin (Michael LaBaldwin's half-sister) to study there for awhile. .. When the two of them returned to Genoa City, we learned they'd broken up. .. They danced around the reason and it seemed like it was going to be some secret reveal. All signs indicated that Noah was going to come out gay, mainly from this soliloquy he had at sister, Cassie's grave. .. Anyway, something big had happened over in Paris - the speculation was that Eden had walked in on Noah and some French guy while they were fucking. .. We know she just ran off and left Paris in a rush, eventually ended up in rehab with an eating disorder. .. Meanwhile, Noah had gone to NYC, and was still in contact with his hookup there who was only being identified with the initial 'A.'

Well, right about then, MAB got canned, and in the process her story for Noah got shelved as well.

Schmidt was soon let go .. JFP and JG cast Adamson as NuNoah .. and suddenly the French-NYC hook-up with the initial 'A' became this Hispanic girl named "Adriana" played by a totally forgettable actress.

No one spoke about Paris again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 391July 20, 2023 10:44 PM

Luke Kleintank also played Noah for about 6 months (Sept. 2010-April 2011) during that period before Adamson took over the role.

Luke went on to star in the first two seasons of the Man in The High Castle on Amazon.

He currently is on FBI International on CBS.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 392July 20, 2023 11:27 PM

Wikipedia indicates that Luke Kleintank was the one playing Noah when Noah returned from Paris. However, Kleintank only played Noah for a total of seven episodes over the six months he was on.

When he left, Kevin Schmid, who had played Noah prior to Kleintank, returned to play the part.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 393July 20, 2023 11:43 PM

I liked Kevin Schmidt. I probably would have liked Luke Kleintank (I even watch his CSI show). I would love to have seen either one as a gay Noah.

by Anonymousreply 394July 21, 2023 12:02 AM

How old should Noah actually be? I'm thinking he was born in 96? The show will never make Miss Piggy a great grandmother, lol. Does she acknowledge weirdo Harrison as her great grandson?

by Anonymousreply 395July 21, 2023 10:50 AM

Technically Nikki is not related to Child of the Corn Harrison

by Anonymousreply 396July 21, 2023 2:17 PM

R396, Correct. Was Kyle already born when Nikki was married to Jack?

by Anonymousreply 397July 21, 2023 2:21 PM

When Mrs. Martinez - another ethnic type ala Mammie - is found dead on kitchen floor, her muffins used to choke her to death, my money is on Harrison.

by Anonymousreply 398July 21, 2023 2:47 PM

Kyle was born in 2001, r397. Nikki and Jack were married in 1990, and I don't think it lasted very long (I watched very sporadically those days).

by Anonymousreply 399July 21, 2023 4:18 PM

R399

Did she and jack married under MAB? Or was that Paul or neither?

by Anonymousreply 400July 21, 2023 5:20 PM

r400, Jack and Nikki got married under Bill Bell, Kay Alden, and (maybe) Jack Smith. MAB wasn't until the '00s sometime. I wasn't watching then, and I did not know Nikki and Paul were ever married.

by Anonymousreply 401July 21, 2023 5:42 PM

I thought they got married in the mid-2010s but Nikki may have just dated Jack and Paul again

by Anonymousreply 402July 21, 2023 5:43 PM

Nikki and Jack were remarried in the late 2000s or early 2010s. It was a lovely ceremony at the Abbott house, but the marriage ended less than 24 hours later.

Victor was hurt somehow and when Nikki heard, she rushed to the hospital to check on hm rather than consummate the marriage on their wedding night.

by Anonymousreply 403July 21, 2023 5:48 PM

I think Nikki and Paul may have been close and maybe dated, but I don’t think they were ever married.

by Anonymousreply 404July 21, 2023 5:49 PM

R404 Right. .. Somewhere in between being Nikki CHOW and Nikki SHARPE, she was engaged to Paul, but it got called off.

by Anonymousreply 405July 21, 2023 7:28 PM

Paul gave Nikki VD. I guess his ever-present VPL was why she still couldn’t stay away.

by Anonymousreply 406July 21, 2023 7:56 PM

Take a drink every time someone says AUDUSTUS.

by Anonymousreply 407July 21, 2023 8:01 PM

[quote] Paul gave Nikki VD.

And we all know Paul got it from his auto shop teacher, Mr. Packer.

It was the only way he was going to pass the class, so he could graduate high school.

by Anonymousreply 408July 21, 2023 10:45 PM

Ashley needs a wig. That urine rinse they put on her hair is ghastly.

by Anonymousreply 409July 24, 2023 4:41 PM

“urine rinse”

LMFAO!

by Anonymousreply 410July 24, 2023 8:43 PM

I've come to the conclusion that the actresses who have hair extensions have to get those done on their own, meaning any mixing and matching of the extensions to their own dyed-bleached hair is done by those personal stylists, and the Y&R hair people are only there to get these actresses as camera-ready as possible. And often you can tell when one of these ladies needs to go in for a total replacement.

by Anonymousreply 411July 24, 2023 8:47 PM

Hair extensions never match on camera.

You can always see a difference in color and texture.

by Anonymousreply 412July 24, 2023 9:16 PM

[quote] Hair extensions never match on camera.

That's why it's best to go all white!

by Anonymousreply 413July 24, 2023 9:51 PM

buh bye

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 414July 25, 2023 6:24 PM

It's a soap. He's lucky he made it that long.

by Anonymousreply 415July 25, 2023 6:35 PM

Surprised they let a dressing room remain unoccupied for three years.

by Anonymousreply 416July 25, 2023 7:08 PM

I'm guessing "cleaning out his dressing room" was more along the lines of, "Are you ever going to come pick up these two boxes of shit we've been holding for you for the last three years? This Television City construction project is making us clean house, so we'll be throwing out junk that's just laying around."

R416 Doubtful it was unoccupied. We've previously heard that they sometimes even use contract actors' dressing rooms for someone else to use on their days off. More than likely it was being used as a shared space for two or three of the other actors.

by Anonymousreply 417July 25, 2023 7:21 PM

I hope Lily is going to replace Devon's yellow pillows. Turquoise or fuschia would make so much more sense.

by Anonymousreply 418July 25, 2023 7:23 PM

Were I Doug Davidson I would opt to keep some things to myself.

by Anonymousreply 419July 25, 2023 7:44 PM

R419, I think he’s still trying to garner sympathy from the fans in hopes it could lead to getting his job back. It’s my understanding he’d go back if asked.

by Anonymousreply 420July 25, 2023 8:21 PM

R420, That strategy worked so well for Michael Muhney.

by Anonymousreply 421July 25, 2023 8:54 PM

Unlike more realistic vets such as Jess Walton, Tracey Bregman, and Chrissy LeBlanc, Poor Dougie won't accept his reduced status at the show.

He thinks he should still be played like he's Hans or Aunt Jack.

As such, he won't accept the occasional episode here and there. Apparently he's tweeted something about it not being worth it to him to make the 180-mile round trip from where he lives just to recite a dozen lines that are little more than filler. But notice how Walton, Bregman and LeBlanc all have lives far away too (Oregon, Tennessee, and Nawlins) and yet they manage to show up when asked. Attitude counts.

by Anonymousreply 422July 25, 2023 9:52 PM

Don’t they have to appear on enough episodes to maintain their health insurance?

by Anonymousreply 423July 26, 2023 12:26 AM

If you're over 65, SAG-AFTRA tells those who are eligible to apply for Medicare. All of these vets should be eligible, since they worked for years and years without breaks.

by Anonymousreply 424July 26, 2023 12:41 AM

The arrangement they've now got with Jess Walton is she flies down and films 3-4 episodes every few months. Then she videos in for few more episodes as Jill on conference calls.

by Anonymousreply 425July 26, 2023 1:17 AM

Tracey Bregman is 60, Christian LeBlanc is 64, so neither qualify for Medicare yet.

by Anonymousreply 426July 26, 2023 1:20 AM

Chrissy's Medicare enrollment period began three months ago, meaning if he chose that route, his coverage could start in just six days!

by Anonymousreply 427July 26, 2023 2:09 AM

Is Tracy still fat?

by Anonymousreply 428July 26, 2023 5:31 AM

Is Lauren still a bitch?

by Anonymousreply 429July 26, 2023 5:44 AM

Who will attend Ashley and Tucker’s wedding at the Chancellor mansion?

by Anonymousreply 430July 26, 2023 9:00 AM

I wish that FUCKING mansion would burn to the ground.

by Anonymousreply 431July 26, 2023 11:40 AM

Anyone know the age difference between the Sharon and Chance characters?

by Anonymousreply 432July 26, 2023 12:25 PM

Why the hell is Chance letting Drabby and Dull-von live in the Chancellor mansion?

by Anonymousreply 433July 26, 2023 2:28 PM

R433, He was tired of vacuuming, Rose.

by Anonymousreply 434July 26, 2023 2:31 PM

Aren't they stuck with Esther forever if they move in?

by Anonymousreply 435July 26, 2023 3:10 PM

Esther lives with Chloe and Kevin now. I'm not sure where Chance supposedly lives now, but surely he has somewhere they can go besides Crimson Lights.

by Anonymousreply 436July 26, 2023 3:18 PM

Where is Christian, Nick's son, while he is with Sally all the time? The kid can't even be ten years old.

by Anonymousreply 437July 26, 2023 3:22 PM

R436, Didn’t Chance say he leased an apartment?

by Anonymousreply 438July 26, 2023 3:30 PM

Chance lives out of his SUV, but he has no problem persuading his Grindr hookups to let him stay the night and shower at their place in the morning. .. And if he doesn't feel like doing that, then he just showers and shaves at the GCAC after his workout.

Plus, there's generally a lot of downtime on Chance's undercover assignments. Sometimes these stakeouts take place in a motel room, so it's not uncommon for him to have a place like that available to him for several nights in a row. .. And Chance isn't fussy. There were times when he and Rey had to share the same bed, so he's even okay with being the little spoon.

by Anonymousreply 439July 26, 2023 7:32 PM

Christian was having none of Miss Connor's obsession with Johnny, and demanded a summer program abroad

by Anonymousreply 440July 26, 2023 7:40 PM

One of the best things about the show was watching Tracey Bregman improve as an actress over the years. After Julia Barr, who was the Meryl Streep of daytime(fuck the hammy slaystack), she became the best actress for daytime.

by Anonymousreply 441July 26, 2023 9:33 PM

I CANNOT get over how good Bregman looks. I would be trying to find out who the FUCK does her work.

by Anonymousreply 442July 27, 2023 10:30 AM

Yes, Bregman's really GROWN over the years.

And as much talent as Chrissy has, I heard his yoga husband had to teach him breathing exercises to feel comfortable working near hers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 443July 27, 2023 7:29 PM

They really need to find another storyline for Jabottom besides fucking Audra. Setting him up as some randy heterosexual sex machine just doesn’t work.

by Anonymousreply 444July 27, 2023 8:09 PM

Looks like Chance will soon be sleeping with Summer in addition to Sharon.

by Anonymousreply 445July 27, 2023 9:53 PM

They should set up an MFM threesome with JaBottom, Audra, and Noah. Ms. Charles seems the adventurous type.

Have Audra lure ex-boyfriend Noah back from London by sending him photos of naked JaBottom while he's sleeping, tempting Noah with, "Remember all the fun we used to have bringing guys back to our place after a night of clubbing? .. I think you'd enjoy Kyle, and I sense he'd be into it. .. He loves butt play!"

Then, the next time Audra has Kyle all hot and bothered on the bed, Noah walks out of the bathroom wearing only a towel and a nice dick print, "Move over, buddy. You're gonna love this."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 446July 27, 2023 10:08 PM

Well, when Audra told Jabottom to turn around today, he certainly didn't hesitate. Though he was probably disappointed it was only for a blindfold and not a pegging

by Anonymousreply 447July 27, 2023 11:44 PM

I hope I'm watching the day the words "butt play" are spoken on Y&R.

by Anonymousreply 448July 28, 2023 3:21 PM

Gah!!! Seeing saggy Aunt Jack in bed with Diane today made me want to claw my eyes out.

by Anonymousreply 449July 28, 2023 11:03 PM

Did someone say butt play?

I'M IN !!

by Anonymousreply 450July 29, 2023 10:04 AM

Hot Daddy Nick is looking mighty tasty with that military hair cut.

Now all Nick needs is a cute twink on the side.

I'd suggest they introduce a manny for Christian, and the young man is always there ready to help Nick out in every way.

by Anonymousreply 451July 31, 2023 8:34 PM

Sharon's face has become a scene-stealer. I hope it's just fillers that will dissolve with time.

by Anonymousreply 452July 31, 2023 8:40 PM

How could any sane woman pick Devon over Chance?

Chance is going to *comfort* Summer, and Sharon is going to misunderstand. How could anyone want whiny Summer?

These characters are so unlikable.

by Anonymousreply 453August 1, 2023 10:09 AM

Isn’t Sharon considered Summer’s stepmother in a roundabout way?

by Anonymousreply 454August 1, 2023 10:17 AM

Chance was really coming on strong to Summer today at Crimson Lights.

by Anonymousreply 455August 1, 2023 8:15 PM

R454 I'd say, "No," because Sharon and Nick were already legally-separated and in the process of divorcing when Phyllis was pregnant with Summer, and Nick and Sharon haven't been married since. They've been engaged to be remarried twice since then, but not married. In fact, Nick even married Phyllis before Summer was born, but it was only valid in New Mexico where it happened, because he was still in the six-month waiting period in Wisconsin. During that same period, Summer was born and they had a second ceremony in Genoa City a few months later.

by Anonymousreply 456August 1, 2023 9:11 PM

R456, Elizabeth Taylor thought of Zsa Zsa Gabor as her stepmother, even though she had divorced Conrad Hilton prior to Elizabeth marrying his son Nicky.

by Anonymousreply 457August 2, 2023 2:25 AM

R457 Well, that's not how it works. .. Moreover, even that's a bad example.

Zsa Zsa was Nicky's stepmother. And if Liz had been part of the family at that time and married to Nicky then, Zsa Zsa would have been her stepmother-in-law, not stepmother.

by Anonymousreply 458August 2, 2023 6:26 AM

R458, It all depends on the individual relationships between the people involved, even with a by marriage/in-law situation.

In her final days, the only flowers Zsa Zsa would keep by her bedside were those regularly sent by Elizabeth.

Every situation is different.

To her dying day, Carrie Fisher referred to Elizabeth Taylor as her stepmother in interviews and at public events.

by Anonymousreply 459August 2, 2023 10:37 AM

R459 There's nothing individual (unique) about the Carrie Fisher-Elizabeth Taylor relationship.

Elizabeth Taylor actually WAS Carrie Fisher's stepmother. She was married to Eddie Fisher while Carrie was growing up.

by Anonymousreply 460August 2, 2023 10:37 PM

Remember when that curly haired nutjob held Brad captive? The scene we got when he was in the shower? In his prime he was the hottest thing on two legs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 461August 3, 2023 12:08 AM

R461, you’re making me wistful…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 462August 3, 2023 12:24 AM

You know Thom was in a state of constant precum when Don was around.

by Anonymousreply 463August 3, 2023 12:27 AM

R460, You’re insufferable.

by Anonymousreply 464August 3, 2023 12:43 AM

Is flat, boring hair a side effect of Ozempic?

by Anonymousreply 465August 3, 2023 4:45 PM

Tonight's Episode: "Tucker and the Hair Model"

by Anonymousreply 466August 7, 2023 4:47 PM

How now, sluts?

by Anonymousreply 467August 7, 2023 5:12 PM

Some video from Lauralee Bell of this weekend's Y&R Fan Event.

I'd hang out with Graz and Conner at the bar.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 468August 8, 2023 12:51 AM

R468, The empty chair next to Conner Floyd must have been for Sharon Case.

Where was Josh Morrow?

by Anonymousreply 469August 8, 2023 3:40 AM

Y&R wardrobe is failing us.

Look at Conner's butt !!

He needs to be put in a pair of pants like this on the show.

And it's summer! .. Can you imagine if he was poolside wearing a pair of square cut swim trunks?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 470August 8, 2023 3:46 AM

Every single day, r470.

by Anonymousreply 471August 8, 2023 3:54 AM

R470, Something like this . . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 472August 8, 2023 4:05 AM

R26, I knew Elizabeth. She was smart and funny and witty and had great story ideas.

I was happy she had a brief turn in front of the camera as Charlotte, a red herring in the who's Jill's mommy sweepstakes.

There was a beat with Jill and Brock where Jill says to Charlotte that she and Brock were wed at one point (marriage wasn't consummated) and the look on Harrower's face was both comedic and ...harrowing!

by Anonymousreply 473August 8, 2023 4:30 AM

Harrower was a hoot as ol' Charlotte. .. If they'd had that "Guest Performer" Daytime Emmy back then, she would have been a shoo-in.

by Anonymousreply 474August 8, 2023 6:07 AM

YES. ITA. that's the kind of role and stint the category was created for.

Now, actors who have slow years throw their hats in the ring for that award.

by Anonymousreply 475August 8, 2023 7:04 AM

I bet the actors are MISERABLE doing those soap events. Fucking miserable. Who's that queen in the red suit?

by Anonymousreply 476August 8, 2023 11:53 AM

R476, Just a fan, but I’ll bet he followed Conner Floyd into the men’s room.

by Anonymousreply 477August 8, 2023 12:43 PM

R476, Anyone know where it was held?

by Anonymousreply 478August 8, 2023 12:44 PM

R478 . . .

August 5, 2023

Marriott Burbank Airport Hotel, 2500 North Hollywood Way,

by Anonymousreply 479August 8, 2023 12:46 PM

So Days gets Universal Studios and the #1 soap has to go to the Burbank Airport Marriott? Not even the LAX Marriott. Gurl. 😯

by Anonymousreply 480August 8, 2023 12:50 PM

Graz and Connor Floyd can take turns sitting on my face.

by Anonymousreply 481August 8, 2023 2:07 PM

The summer I turned 13, or right before, sometime in May, I broke my leg. So I started watching Young & Restless. Phllip was my first kind of celebrity crush. It was when he first came on and Jill and Kathy were fighting over him. My god I thought he was so fucking handsome. Plus, that's when Nina was funny as hell too.

by Anonymousreply 482August 8, 2023 2:47 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 483August 8, 2023 3:06 PM

R477, Mario Cantone tells a funny story about the time he appeared on the same edition of “The View” as Tom Cruise.

Mario was determined to follow Tom into the men’s room to hopefully get a look at his dick at the urinals.

Eventually, Tom had to relieve himself and Mario was in hot pursuit, only a beefy bodyguard stood in front of the door and wouldn’t let Mario go in until Tom came out.

by Anonymousreply 484August 8, 2023 3:58 PM

Burbank Marriot is directly across the street from the Burbank Airport. Has a large set up for conventions.

It's easy to drive to. Easy to fly into. Hosts many conventions year round. More convenient that trying to get LAX hotels. Traffic around Burbank Airport generally isn't too bad.

by Anonymousreply 485August 8, 2023 5:10 PM

Bierdz WAS pretty. Shy and a big cock would have been an explosive combo.

Shame he's batshit crazy.

by Anonymousreply 486August 8, 2023 5:57 PM

R480 The two events are entirely different.

The Day of Days is a free thing (except for parking) where anyone can just show up and be part of the crowd. That's why it's held at a mall-plaza. The majority of people who go are local from the Southern California region.

This Y&R Fan event is hosted by the official Y&R Fan Club. This event alone costs $300. I believe it's actually referred to as a "luncheon" as part of it involves attendees sitting at banquet tables and breaking bread together. From photos it looks like it was a three-course meal. There was also a bar. So that's one reason it's held at a venue like a hotel. Also, some of these people travel from other parts of the country and abroad, so they might want to stay at the hotel. Besides the luncheon event, there was also an event the night before with the "Men of Y&R." I guess that appeals to the fraus and gay viewers... lol.

So whereas the Days thing is like a big pep rally, this Y&R thing is far more intimate.

by Anonymousreply 487August 8, 2023 6:29 PM

R487 great breakdown! I used to go to the GL fan club luncheons in the late 80s and early 90s. They were so much fun in a Trekkie convention kind of way.

by Anonymousreply 488August 8, 2023 7:15 PM

Camryn Grimes is knocked up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 489August 8, 2023 7:33 PM

Lucky you R488. I only went to a GL event later on, when the stench of death had set in

by Anonymousreply 490August 8, 2023 7:46 PM

They also pair the Y&R Fan Club event with the one for B&B, which is held the next day at the same venue. Having it at the hotel makes it convenient for out-of-towners who are planning to attend both.

by Anonymousreply 491August 9, 2023 1:23 AM

Is Summer asking Chance to go on a roller coaster with her code for I want to ride your cock?

by Anonymousreply 492August 9, 2023 5:28 PM

R476, gee, I don't know, Maybe some of them are open to expressing gratitude for one afternoon every two years (the shows' official fan events) and don't mind meeting people buying the soap.

Fortunately, attendance at events is dying off -- just like viewership.

The actors won't have to attend these events someday because the shows will be gone.

And I think the guy in the red suit is Matt Hanvey who posts hilarious videos on social that make fun of the shows.

by Anonymousreply 493August 9, 2023 5:33 PM

"there was also an event the night before with the "Men of Y&R." I guess that appeals to the fraus and gay viewers... lol."

So in other words appeals to the show's audience...

by Anonymousreply 494August 9, 2023 5:35 PM

Then there were former actors on the show willing to attend a "past cast" event set up just for them the night before.

So if there are any currently-employed actors on the show who are "less than enthusiastic" about these meet-and-greets, they may want to take note: this could be you...lol.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 495August 9, 2023 7:06 PM

R495, Was Michael Muhney there?

by Anonymousreply 496August 9, 2023 7:21 PM

R496, Hopefully, Marco Dapper was.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 497August 9, 2023 7:25 PM

Muhney considered coming, but later refused after hearing he'd have to apologize to Hans in front of everyone, then drop to his knees and blow the old man.

by Anonymousreply 498August 9, 2023 8:35 PM

But if Hunter King had come, Muhney could have gotten another squeeze in.

by Anonymousreply 499August 9, 2023 8:37 PM

J. Eddie Peck sighting!

by Anonymousreply 500August 10, 2023 12:29 AM

[quote] Hopefully, Marco Dapper was.

Marco was probably too busy hanging out with gay guys at the gym.

This big, masculine, Colombian brute is taken, however.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 501August 10, 2023 2:08 AM

Why is Marco suddenly hanging out with gay guys r501.

He's always been gay friendly, but what's changed if he's now hanging out with gay guys.

by Anonymousreply 502August 10, 2023 2:23 AM

R502 One thing that's changed (I think) is that he doesn't appear to be actively pursuing acting roles any longer and is going full throttle into his artwork instead.

by Anonymousreply 503August 10, 2023 2:48 AM

I can't believe what happened yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 504August 10, 2023 12:57 PM

Where the hell has Jobottom been? Who's minding that child of the corn?

by Anonymousreply 505August 10, 2023 1:12 PM

R504, Summer on the roller coaster?

by Anonymousreply 506August 10, 2023 1:19 PM

Did you hear that Lauren sent Paul's nude pictures into a dirty magazine?

by Anonymousreply 507August 10, 2023 6:22 PM

They should do a current-day version of that Lauren-Paul story, and have Audra upload a video of her using JaBottom's remote-controlled Lovense on him to Pornhub.

by Anonymousreply 508August 10, 2023 7:42 PM

No, r506, though that was an unusual sight on this location-averse program.

by Anonymousreply 509August 10, 2023 8:02 PM

Trump should wish for Phyllis's gullible judge. LOL. Why didn't Jack, Diane or Kyle get to give a statement? I guess Cricket did herself in. Maybe they should sully her image, and make Cricket a serial killer.

by Anonymousreply 510August 10, 2023 8:13 PM

I want that judge to be brought up on charges, r510. She didn't even consider the Diane part of Crimecunt's offenses. Maybe we'll have "Who Killed Phyllis Summers?" as our next big storyline. But no one will be found guilty, BECAUSE PHYLLIS DESERVES TO DIE.

by Anonymousreply 511August 10, 2023 8:18 PM

Lock her up!

Lock her up!

Lock her up!

by Anonymousreply 512August 10, 2023 8:28 PM

[quote] Did you hear that Lauren sent Paul's nude pictures into a dirty magazine?

The magazine wasn't really classified as "dirty." .. It was more along the lines of a women's magazine, like "Cosmopolitan." which had published "tasteful" centerfolds of several men by that time - Burt Reynolds probably being the most famous one. .. Y&R even showed the photo, and Paul was in the exact same pose as Burt had been with his arm covering his privates. Paul was the winner of a contest the women's magazine had run for Outstanding Professional Male.

by Anonymousreply 513August 10, 2023 8:40 PM

Mary’s church friends all saw that pic of Paul.

by Anonymousreply 514August 10, 2023 11:38 PM

Yes, and Paul's secretary, Amy, also saw the pics even BEFORE Lauren sent them in for women's magazine contest. I think Lauren may have even had a poster made, which Paul liked, but told Lauren to destroy the photos. Of course, Paul thought Lauren had obeyed him, but she'd kept the negatives.

Now, that we know Phillip is gay, we can imagine that he stole Kay's copy of the magazine and kept it in his secret spank bank.

by Anonymousreply 515August 11, 2023 1:44 AM

R515, Paul was mentioned by Christine on Tuesday’s show . . . Might he be making a future appearance?

by Anonymousreply 516August 11, 2023 2:09 AM

Andy was bemused.

He had his own private collection of Polaroids of Paul that he could have sent to a hardcore magazine like Honcho or Blueboy.

But of course, Paul would have reciprocated.

by Anonymousreply 517August 11, 2023 2:17 AM

Jerry and Kym Douglas have a very handsome son.

I wonder if they got their teeth 🦷 on a Groupon special.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 518August 11, 2023 5:59 PM

Kym named her baby boy "Hunter Douglas," then found out about the window blinds company. LOL!

by Anonymousreply 519August 11, 2023 6:13 PM

No comments on the Ashley/Tucker wedding?

by Anonymousreply 520August 15, 2023 7:13 AM

Lots of chairs for a wedding with what, 8 guests?? Traci is anxious for them to cut the cake. Poor Beth Maitland, her character is a cardboard, rinse and repeat Mother Martyr now.

by Anonymousreply 521August 15, 2023 11:20 AM

R521, Or, Mother Marcus.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 522August 15, 2023 11:34 AM

Traci's only purpose is to go around scolding family members with a BIG dose of parental common sense.

Of course, fraus identify with her, because that's the role they see themselves playing in their own family.

And now we know why ex-husband Steve looked elsewhere and had an affair with his hot twink-intern.

by Anonymousreply 523August 15, 2023 8:13 PM

[quote]And now we know why ex-husband Steve looked elsewhere and had an affair with his hot twink-intern.

Reason Traci never had a child with Steve is probably because he couldn't get it up for a woman.

by Anonymousreply 524August 15, 2023 8:55 PM

Wasn’t one of Traci’s husbands the guy in the perennial Folger’s coffee Christmas commercial? I think he also played a rapist on BB.

by Anonymousreply 525August 15, 2023 9:55 PM

Traci's novel, "Bitter Pill Unswallowed," recounts her breakup and divorce from Steve.

Disruptive Films apparently bought the screen rights to the book and director Mr. Pam wants Chi Chi La Rue to play the Traci character.

by Anonymousreply 526August 15, 2023 10:01 PM

R525 Yes, to both questions. The actor's name is Greg Wrangler, and prior to being cast as Traci's love interest, he'd played a bit role as a doctor on Y&R.

More recently, Greg has done a commercial for Salonpas, as well as one for Consumer Cellular/AARP. .. Y&R's core audience .. lol.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 527August 15, 2023 10:12 PM

R527 - Thank you!

I always recognize him, but didn’t remember his name.

by Anonymousreply 528August 15, 2023 10:23 PM

Do you think Daniel Goddard is kicking himself for balking at the Traci/Cane storyline?

by Anonymousreply 529August 15, 2023 10:27 PM

Good news for Hans...I mean Eric.

I loathe his character and believe his acting runs the gamut from A to B (if not from upper case A to lower case a).....but I'm glad he got good news.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 530August 15, 2023 10:33 PM

EB was fortunate to have that encounter with a good specialist at Cedars Sinai who caught the cancer when he did. Listening to his initial story several months ago, his own doctor before that sounded rather stupid.

by Anonymousreply 531August 15, 2023 11:20 PM

I can tolerate Eric's 'acting' - but Miss Piggy's take on corporate business woman is so stupid. Are we supposed to believe the ex-stripper/alcoholic could read a balance sheet?

by Anonymousreply 532August 16, 2023 11:16 AM

R529 - I sure hope so. The story with Traci could’ve made me (slightly) interested in Cane.

by Anonymousreply 533August 16, 2023 1:15 PM

R345 Thanks for the detailed explanation, you have a very good memory. I didn't know the specifics of Patty's storylines after Jack. I think you're right about Patty being pushed out in favor of Cricket 😆 theory or not, it seems extremely accurate.

by Anonymousreply 534August 16, 2023 4:19 PM

R341 Right that's what I've always heard, writers get residuals for characters that they've created and when said characters are mentioned. Actors are paid if their likeness is used, like in the form of flashbacks or pictures. It was a mistake on my part, R339 R342 I misspoke

by Anonymousreply 535August 16, 2023 4:23 PM

R365 Wait Michael Corbett was gay too?

by Anonymousreply 536August 16, 2023 4:23 PM

At R535 meant to include R340 in with R341 R342

by Anonymousreply 537August 16, 2023 4:57 PM

R441 Julia Barr was incredible on AMC. However her brilliance (along with other strong actresses on the show) always seemed to be overshadowed by the star power of Erica Kane

by Anonymousreply 538August 16, 2023 5:00 PM

R536 To use an expression from Corbett's generation, he's gayer than a tree full of rainbow lorikeets on Hugh Jackman's veranda.

by Anonymousreply 539August 16, 2023 6:51 PM

The PSS Kid is sitting down with Alan Locher on Wednesday, August 23, 3 PM eastern.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 540August 17, 2023 4:02 PM

R540 thanks for the info. It will be interesting to hear Tom on her own words.

by Anonymousreply 541August 17, 2023 4:07 PM

Why was Sharon dressed like a majorette today?

by Anonymousreply 542August 17, 2023 5:01 PM

There's a blind item that someone at the top is next on the chopping block after the Albert Alarr scandal; guesses are it's either Josh Griffith or Frank Valentini

by Anonymousreply 543August 17, 2023 6:34 PM

Having Hot Daddy Frank harass me would be a dream come true!

Look at those fingers!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 544August 17, 2023 7:54 PM

R544 😆 he's not a bad looking guy, just somewhat of an asshole. He started off under Paul Rauch as his assistant, so that's where some, if not most of his inspiration, seems to stem from.

by Anonymousreply 545August 17, 2023 8:52 PM

Tracey Bregman appears to be inching closer to using BrendaD filters on her social media..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 546August 17, 2023 9:19 PM

Greg Wrangler was Peter the pill popper on GL, a med school 'buddy' of Rick Bauer's circa 1986. He then was Ron the rapist, who date raped Caroline on B&B.

by Anonymousreply 547August 17, 2023 10:00 PM

Greg Wrangler? Any relation to Jack Wrangler?

That's probably what got him meetings with curious casting directors.

by Anonymousreply 548August 17, 2023 11:51 PM

I swear that Greg Wrangler’s Christmas coffee commercial while he was raping Caroline on B&B.

by Anonymousreply 549August 18, 2023 12:33 AM

WTF Victor?

by Anonymousreply 550August 18, 2023 1:13 AM

SPOILER ALERT:

Miss Connor is perturbed and doesn't want to go to sports camp !!

by Anonymousreply 551August 18, 2023 3:18 AM

Reportedly, Theo Vanderway is returning.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 552August 18, 2023 8:08 AM

^Try this one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 553August 18, 2023 8:09 AM

Good. Theo can catfight Audra for JaBottom's affection.

by Anonymousreply 554August 18, 2023 9:33 AM

R552 Hopefully, with a haircut.

by Anonymousreply 555August 18, 2023 10:33 AM

Miss Connor stated her boundaries today.

by Anonymousreply 556August 18, 2023 5:35 PM

I loved, loved, loved Ashley and Victor together. I hated all the fake Ashleys. I wish one of the storylines had been Brad beating up Traci. I would have loved to see Mami's face, while serving breakfast, when she notices a black eye on Traci. Remember the sauna scene with Jack and Brad? They were a 1/2 an inch away from fucking.

by Anonymousreply 557August 18, 2023 5:58 PM

I'm not generally attracted to TSJ, but his chest looked pretty tasty today. Did he get a memo to start working out?

by Anonymousreply 558August 18, 2023 6:52 PM

[quote] I wish one of the storylines had been Brad beating up Traci.

That would have spelled the end of Brad. .. Domestic abusers don't last on American daytime.

by Anonymousreply 559August 18, 2023 8:59 PM

Unless they're named Sheila, r559.

by Anonymousreply 560August 18, 2023 9:01 PM

R560 Well she did go to jail for years and years.

I think James liked it was hoping Sheila would strap him to a fuck machine.

by Anonymousreply 561August 18, 2023 9:06 PM

I don't know James, r561.

by Anonymousreply 562August 18, 2023 9:09 PM

I think the audience would have cheered at Traci's first "l said make me a sandwich and shut you pie hole" punch.

by Anonymousreply 563August 19, 2023 7:16 AM

Traci's pretty boring. She used to be much more fun.

Bulimia .. getting hooked on bennies and nearly dying .. having an affair with her college professor .. the suicide attempt .. an unwed pregnancy .. bearding for Danny Ravioli.

Now all she does is wag her finger at Aunt Jack and MyBeauty.

by Anonymousreply 564August 19, 2023 8:32 AM

Traci should be laughing at that ludicrous corporate espionage story like the rest of us. JFC .

by Anonymousreply 565August 19, 2023 2:59 PM

[quote]Bulimia .. getting hooked on bennies and nearly dying .. having an affair with her college professor .. the suicide attempt .. an unwed pregnancy .. bearding for Danny Ravioli.

Basically, she got most of Peggy Brooks old storylines.

by Anonymousreply 566August 19, 2023 3:05 PM

Peg was never a porker.

by Anonymousreply 567August 19, 2023 5:29 PM

Peg should have gotten the "Stuart Brooks is not your father" storyline.

With that red hair, she looked like Jennifer had had an affair with next door neighbor, Ferd Burfel.

by Anonymousreply 568August 19, 2023 6:55 PM

How could Traci stay fat while having bulimia?

by Anonymousreply 569August 19, 2023 7:20 PM

R569 Because Traci was one of those girls who was already overweight by the time she started her teenage binging and purging routines along with doing other things like taking illegal "diet" pills.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 570August 19, 2023 7:40 PM

I was traumatized the day Traci put her head in the oven.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 571August 19, 2023 7:55 PM

She was probably licking up the grease. Pig.

by Anonymousreply 572August 19, 2023 7:57 PM

Traci was already BIG before Dina left. We heard more than once that she thought her mother was embarrassed by her weight.

In that regard, those recent flashback scenes featuring Young BDF John Abbott and his three young kids got it wrong.

Eat a salad, Traci!

by Anonymousreply 573August 19, 2023 8:17 PM

LOL Whose idea was it to name a black maid Mamie? Mimi in later years.. LOL

by Anonymousreply 574August 19, 2023 8:47 PM

R574 Bill Bell was rather eye-rolling with the names of black characters. He created other ones with the names "Jazz," "Kong," and "Juice." .. "Kong" would later go by "Nathan Hastings, Sr." (Nate's father). .. One imagines someone at CBS finally woke up and sent him a memo.

by Anonymousreply 575August 19, 2023 9:43 PM

R564 - I liked Angela Laurence… talk about a deep cut.

I met Liz Keifer in the early 1990s and she was shocked that I remembered her YR character.

I remember Angela seeing Traci eat a plate of brownies.

by Anonymousreply 576August 19, 2023 10:18 PM

I think it was teenager, Angela Laurence (but it could have been Traci?) who had a huge poster of "Knight Rider" David Hasselhoff hanging in her bedroom - meant as an inside joke, no doubt.

by Anonymousreply 577August 19, 2023 10:35 PM

R577 I don’t remember that, but I love it!

My mom sure loved herself some Hoff and always referred to him as Snapper.

by Anonymousreply 578August 19, 2023 10:44 PM

R539, thank you for making me laugh out loud

by Anonymousreply 579August 20, 2023 1:58 AM

R576 When you met her, was she on GL yet? Did you mention her OLTL & GH characters too, or were those shows that you didn't watch?

by Anonymousreply 580August 21, 2023 7:34 PM

So Esther's going to be pouring coffee and lending advice at Crimson Lights?

Well, if they've got to work her into the canvas someway, that would seem like the best place to do it.

by Anonymousreply 581August 23, 2023 11:02 PM

R580 I met her early into her GL run. She was SO nice! (Mary!)

I definitely mentioned OLTL because I loved the O’Neills (hello, Kristen Vigard!). I can’t remember if I mentioned GH.

by Anonymousreply 582August 23, 2023 11:37 PM

Those things on top of the baby stroller look like dildos.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 583August 24, 2023 2:32 AM

Wasn't Don Diamont the soap star that was recorded sucking off Charlie Sheen for money? He couldn't have been that broke.

by Anonymousreply 584August 24, 2023 2:34 AM

R584 No.

by Anonymousreply 585August 24, 2023 3:40 AM

The return of Cane.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 586August 28, 2023 12:31 AM

r586

how reliable is that site?

by Anonymousreply 587August 28, 2023 12:38 AM

R587 The site is totally unreliable when it goes beyond actual preview spoilers.

Read the article. It's just some person's wild speculation. It even says mid-way that "Y&R spoilers DON'T suggest that Cane (Daniel Goddard will return." .. Lot's of "ifs" in there. Plus, anyone who's actually watching the show can tell, that if anyone's going to come between Lily and Daniel, it looks to be Heather.

In short, the headline is total click bait for whatever Lane stans still exist. .. That would be Goddard and the fake subscribers he bought.

by Anonymousreply 588August 28, 2023 1:11 AM

R582 So cool that you met her, it's nice to hear stories about meeting soap actors, or anyone somewhat known in general who don't turn out to be assholes, although those stories are interesting too to say the least.

Kristen Vigard reference 😆 I had no idea she was original Morgan on GL prior to her OLTL stint. I don't know if you have the answer to this, however I have wondered why both her and Liz had their O'Neill characters recast, seemingly at the same time. The O'Neill's seemed like they were headed towards being one of the new main families of Llanview, until they fizzled out.

by Anonymousreply 589August 28, 2023 12:04 PM

I once saw DL fav Brendad Ickson at a mall appearance in the 80s. She was at the height of her Jill powers so we all loaded into a car (university watchers) and went. She was camp as fuck, but the audience roared at her antics. I recall her wearing an olive green, tight fitting dress that showed off her tits and she flashed a big ring and asked: like it? (beat) I got it from my ex.

Separately I also met Jeanne Cooper and Jess Walton backstage at a TV studio during a telethon. Jess couldn't be bothered, claiming they were needed somewhere. Jeanne stopped, took my hands in hers and talked for a few minutes, gazing right into my eyes so intently it was almost uncomfortable. I felt like I was actually in the presence of someone really warm and lovely. Whatever we hear about Wilma Jeanne all she held on me was my hands and it still makes me smile just to recall. She had real charisma. I didn't expect to be overly impressed but she left a great impression.

by Anonymousreply 590August 28, 2023 12:16 PM

R590 Wilma Jeanne was probably itchin' to grab your ass or yank your balls!

by Anonymousreply 591August 28, 2023 10:51 PM

Or hoping you had a flask and a ciggie

by Anonymousreply 592August 28, 2023 10:54 PM

Wilma Jeanne has still been dead bitches for ten years! Dear Kay in heaven!

by Anonymousreply 593August 29, 2023 12:23 AM

Dear Kay in heaven! .. Dear Gawd in heaven!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 594August 29, 2023 2:00 AM

Why would anyone back/fund/hire Sally Spectra?? This bitch has been roaming around with no job for a year. Sally needs to marry Nick and let herself be taken care of, just like the groundbreaking Nikki Reed, who went from pole stripper to corporate whore mogul wife.

by Anonymousreply 595August 29, 2023 2:45 AM

I know nothing about this soap opera, I just wanted to take up one of the last five posts before the thread closes.

by Anonymousreply 596August 29, 2023 3:04 AM

I don't get it. Is Sally popular? If so, why did they cut the character from B&B?

I don't watch B&B, but as I recall the whole reinvention of the Spectra Clan was built around her as "Sally Junior."

Seems like a dead story with discarded characters.

She's been on Y&R for nearly two years now, and I couldn't care less about her.

by Anonymousreply 597August 29, 2023 3:31 AM

R596 😆 pure honesty.

R597 She was somewhat popular on B&B, however you know how Brad Bell usually gets bored with characters after awhile who aren't Forrester's, Logan's or Spencer's (even some of those become expendable as well) so he seemed to run out of things to do with her. There was a whole new generation Spectra clan built around her which was actually pretty silly and a little too on the nose, with a new character based entirely off of original Spectra Fashions characters. Y&R ended up scooping her up (at one point there were rumors of her also being related to Lauren somehow) and they aren't showing any signs of wanting to get rid of her.

by Anonymousreply 598August 29, 2023 10:55 AM

I like Sally now. It boggles the mind that Nick wants anything to do with her after what she did to Summer, however.

by Anonymousreply 599August 29, 2023 11:46 AM

Well someone is paying the bill for her suite at the GCAC. Maybe she's turning tricks at Chancellor Park? Anyway, Sally and Nick are a completely improbably couple and they have zero chemistry. They should have had her croak during childbirth.

And in stories NO ONE cares about—deaf Aria

by Anonymousreply 600August 29, 2023 2:35 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!