Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Uber Eats driver slain, dismembered making delivery

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) — A Florida man is charged with murder and other offenses in the slaying and dismemberment of an Uber Eats driver who had brought food to the assailant's house, authorities said Tuesday.

Oscar Solis Jr., 30, is charged with killing the driver during a delivery Wednesday at a home in Holiday, Florida, Pasco County Sheriff Chris Nocco said at a news conference. The remains were found at the house in trash bags and a cooler, which also contained a receipt with Solis' name on it, according to a police affidavit.

“This was a horrific crime of passion,” Nocco told reporters. “This was demonic. What he did was demonic.”

Solis faces charges of murder while engaged in a robbery, failure to register as a convicted felon and for a parole violation, jail records show. Solis was released from an Indiana prison in January after serving four years for an assault and burglary conviction, Nocco said. He moved to the Florida home about three months ago.

The case comes amid several recent random shootings of people around the U.S. who approached strangers' homes, including a couple in Davie, Florida, whose car was fired at when they were making an Instacart delivery but turned into the wrong driveway. They were not injured.

Jail records did not list an attorney who could speak on Solis' behalf. A jail mugshot shows Solis' face is covered with tattoos, and Nocco said he was affiliated in Indiana with the violent MS-13 gang.

In Florida, the 6-foot-4, 315-pound Solis worked security at a strip club, according to the affidavit.

Evidence collected in the case includes blood found in various places around the house and a key fob belonging to the victim that was found on Solis' dresser, on top of his wallet. The affidavit also says the victim's car was found abandoned a short distance away, and inside were a trash bag containing blood-soaked rags and towels, a Door Dash bag like one the victim carried and an employment time card with Solis' name on it.

Investigators also obtained surveillance video from the house showing the victim making the food delivery and, later, two Hispanic men carrying heavy trash bags outside. The other man, who worked as a driver for Solis, has not been charged.

The victim had been reported missing by his wife after he never came home from his Uber Eats deliveries. Uber told investigators the victim's last reported location was at the Solis home.

Pasco County is just north of Tampa, Florida, on the Gulf coast.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31April 28, 2023 3:58 PM

[quote] This was a horrific crime of passion

How so? The article doesn't say.

But this guy is scary.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1April 26, 2023 5:35 PM

The face of a sound mind, surely!

by Anonymousreply 2April 26, 2023 5:35 PM

Wait, so this crazy face tattoo guy killed the driver (also a male) in a "crime of passion?"

Were they lovers?

by Anonymousreply 3April 26, 2023 5:37 PM

Satan orders food delivery?

by Anonymousreply 4April 26, 2023 5:38 PM

Horrible! What happened to the food?

by Anonymousreply 5April 26, 2023 5:39 PM

Surely there must be a mistake!!

He looks like such a charming upstanding citizen!

Not at all like a demonic psychopath/Bond villain/Star Wars-esque monster!!

by Anonymousreply 6April 26, 2023 5:40 PM

As someone who moonlight for a while as an uber delivery driver, this scares the fuck out of me.

by Anonymousreply 7April 26, 2023 5:41 PM

Apparently they forgot his french fries.

by Anonymousreply 8April 26, 2023 5:41 PM

Momma's mussy is starved for love and will tip well for a speedy delivery of T-bone cagemeat!

by Anonymousreply 9April 26, 2023 5:41 PM

Is there a gay angle to this story?

by Anonymousreply 10April 26, 2023 5:42 PM

R7 Don't leave the suburbs.

by Anonymousreply 11April 26, 2023 5:44 PM

[quote]"This was a horrific crime of passion,” Nocco told reporters. “This was demonic.

So is it demonic passion?

by Anonymousreply 12April 26, 2023 5:45 PM

Fuck. My nephew does gig work like this to make extra money. Now I have to worry about this.

Why do humans have to ruin everything?

by Anonymousreply 13April 26, 2023 5:50 PM

This article is very low on details.

I need to know more!

by Anonymousreply 14April 26, 2023 5:51 PM

Death penalty asap. So no other shitty judge lets him out again.

by Anonymousreply 15April 26, 2023 5:54 PM

This is what Armie is going to end up doing, isn’t it

Except it will be a stripper instead of an Uber driver

by Anonymousreply 16April 26, 2023 5:57 PM

r15 Exorcise him first, then the chair.

by Anonymousreply 17April 26, 2023 5:59 PM

To be fair, the service is called Uber EATS.

by Anonymousreply 18April 26, 2023 6:15 PM

Indiana Inbred

by Anonymousreply 19April 26, 2023 6:16 PM

R3 You're not very bright

by Anonymousreply 20April 26, 2023 6:17 PM

That headline was very confusing

by Anonymousreply 21April 26, 2023 6:31 PM

Just goes to show whatever you're craving, DoorDash® can deliver! Please remember to tip your driver or their survivors.

by Anonymousreply 22April 26, 2023 6:52 PM

So typically Flori-duh…glad I moved out after 20 yrs of being overheated

by Anonymousreply 23April 26, 2023 7:02 PM

God damn it.

by Anonymousreply 24April 26, 2023 7:32 PM

Oh, what a world, what a world!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25April 26, 2023 7:34 PM

[quote]Apparently they forgot his french fries.

Or worse: the fries were cold and hard. I’m not one to sympathize with the brutal ideology of MS-13, but… even a broken clock is right twice a day.

by Anonymousreply 26April 26, 2023 9:18 PM

Local news story about the case.

So sad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27April 28, 2023 2:42 AM

I Dismember Mama

by Anonymousreply 28April 28, 2023 2:44 AM

I don’t understand - he left a receipt with his name on it in one of the garbage bags with the body parts, the company had his details and knew the driver’s exact location, and there are cameras everywhere. Wtf was this asshole thinking?

I mean, they dismembered the body and were probably going to attempt to hide it, and he (and his friend?) made a rudimentary attempt at cleaning up and taking the car to another location…

by Anonymousreply 29April 28, 2023 2:55 AM

I bet he's a bad tipper as well.

by Anonymousreply 30April 28, 2023 2:20 PM

At least he didn't eat him too.

by Anonymousreply 31April 28, 2023 3:58 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!