Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What is the most scared you have been around an animal?

We were hiking in the Smokies and saw a giant black bear about 30 yards away. It just sat there and stared. And STARED.

But my god, the panic I had was amazing and like nothing I'd ever experienced.

by Anonymousreply 17April 25, 2023 1:19 AM

Was it "Cocaine Bear"?? Was it high?

by Anonymousreply 1April 24, 2023 1:02 AM

A friend asked me to feed his dog while he was on vacation. He had a huge dog. Some kind of purebred. I think it was an American bulldog. He asked me to come over to meet the dog before he went on the trip. Frankly, I was intimidated, but didn't have the heart (at that moment) to say no. He sensed that I was not comfortable with the dog and, on his own, found someone else to dog-sit.

by Anonymousreply 2April 24, 2023 1:04 AM

There needs to be a “Searching for Bridget Fonda” doc. It might be what motivates her to put down the fork and pick up the phone.

If her fellow actresses won’t do the commentary, many in this very thread might volunteer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3April 24, 2023 1:18 AM

I wasn't scared (but I damn well SHOULD have been!), but a wolf ran through our campsite (about 15 feet away from us) in Algonquin Park (Canada, eh?) when we were on a backcountry camping trip. My boyfriend of the time had been going there for years and said he'd never seen on before on any of his visits although they are known (and heard) to be in the park.

Scared though - walking up on a rattlesnake (very close) more times than I can recall growing up in East County of San Diego. Those things scare the shit out of me. Coyotes don't bother me at all. I should be scared of wild turkeys because they can be ornery and mean as fuck, but I just stay out of their way. There's a lot where I live.

by Anonymousreply 4April 24, 2023 1:22 AM

When I saw Sarah Huckabee Sanders give a press conference

by Anonymousreply 5April 24, 2023 1:23 AM

Rottweiler, sideeyed me and began barking with spit flying from the mouth. Only breed of dog that frightens me.

by Anonymousreply 6April 24, 2023 1:23 AM

A red fox trotting toward me while I was on a suburban neighborhood jog. I ran like hell in the opposite direction, which was probably stupid, as it made my fear obvious.

by Anonymousreply 7April 24, 2023 1:31 AM

I was in the wrong thread : (

Belongs HERE:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8April 24, 2023 1:36 AM

You were intimidated by [italic]a fox,[/italic] r7?

by Anonymousreply 9April 24, 2023 1:39 AM

I love foxes! I've seen quite a few up here in NorCal where I live. They usually run away or are on their way somewhere else...they tend to be shy. Unless you're lucky and they love your porch/yard and adopt it as a place to sleep.

by Anonymousreply 10April 24, 2023 1:40 AM

Shark when I was swimming in Cape Cod bay. Usually they were on ocean side. But they are now frequent in Truro. This wasn't something we worried about in the 70s. I guess we were dumb or the sharks where there as much.

by Anonymousreply 11April 24, 2023 1:45 AM

My last Grindr date.

by Anonymousreply 12April 24, 2023 5:00 AM

I did a veterinary rotation at a zoo clinic and one of the tigers was taking oral meds out of a bottle with a nipple on it. Even though there were bars between me and the tiger and I knew I was perfectly safe, my whole body reacted violently when the tiger started drinking out of the bottle and I guess it was a fight or flight reaction. It was so bizarre - in my head I was totally fine but my body was shaking all over the place and I swear I was so close to just automatically pissing my pants. Just a total primal reaction to being so close to a predator.

I've never had to go through that response again, thankfully.

by Anonymousreply 13April 24, 2023 8:45 AM

I LOVE TIGERS. THEY ARE SOOOOO PRETTY!!

by Anonymousreply 14April 24, 2023 3:05 PM

This is one terrifying video never mind real-life experience!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15April 24, 2023 3:17 PM

Probably a large black water snake in a pond in anew England. Also snapping turtles, some the size of truck tires, covered in leeches, just treading water near the swim area of our pond.

by Anonymousreply 16April 24, 2023 4:48 PM

When I was 15-16, a friend who had her license drove us to a trail in the California Coast Range, and we were hiking away like normal when... a stick in the path three feet away from us coiled up, gave us a death glare, and began to rattle loudly! I'd been raised right, I knew the correct thing to do when encountering a rattlesnake was freeze and then back away slowly, but my idiot friend screamed at the top of her lungs and sprinted away noisily, leaving me with a pissed-off rattlesnake that was within striking distance, and was in threat posture! Well what could I do? I also screamed and ran as well, there didn't seem to be any point in standing that close.

Since then I've had many close encounters with the local rattlesnakes, as has every hiker I know. The local rattlesnakes are mellow, they don't want to bite humans. Treat them courteously and you're fine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17April 25, 2023 1:19 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!