Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Exclusive: F. Murray Abraham - Sex Pest

[quote] F. MURRAY ABRAHAM’S unexpected departure from Mythic Quest last year ahead of the Apple TV+ show’s third season stemmed from sexual misconduct complaints, Rolling Stone has learned.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35May 9, 2023 11:27 AM

Not shocked.

by Anonymousreply 1April 18, 2023 11:31 AM

He was playing himself!

I quit watching after his departure, which I found rushed, awkward, and cloying.

by Anonymousreply 2April 18, 2023 11:36 AM

Sheksh pesht.

by Anonymousreply 3April 18, 2023 11:37 AM

He was incredible in that Benico Del Toro anthology series and made being an old sleaze utterly charming in the second season of The White Lotus.

by Anonymousreply 4April 18, 2023 11:40 AM

So not unlike his pervy White Lotus character?

by Anonymousreply 5April 18, 2023 11:44 AM

I thought he was a gay.

by Anonymousreply 6April 18, 2023 12:02 PM

I've always heard he's difficult, and an asshole. I didn't have "sex pest" on my list, however.

by Anonymousreply 7April 18, 2023 12:12 PM

Yeah, he landed as an old school "actor's actor" twat, and that times have caught up with bad behavior that's no longer acceptable.

by Anonymousreply 8April 18, 2023 12:15 PM

He must not be very well liked, for this or other reasons. In the aftermath of the success and intense marketing and award shows and cast interviews of White Lotus Season 2 he was curiously absent and not much mentioned by his cast mates. Odd, specially he being the veteran.

by Anonymousreply 9April 18, 2023 12:16 PM

The kids today are coddled. Also: they’ve been trained like monkeys to hate older white men because… racism.

by Anonymousreply 10April 18, 2023 12:17 PM

I thought he was a gay and partly descended from those Eastern Orthodox Christians in India. They are related to Syrian Christians and have names like Abraham. But I Wikipediaed him and he’s actually of Syrian Christian descent. His grandfather was an Arab Greek Orthodox priest. And I now know his not a gay. Also apparently a sex pest.

by Anonymousreply 11April 18, 2023 12:23 PM

There were rumors about him last year, right? I could be confusing him with another older actor, but I thought I remembered someone bringing up the rumors in a Frank Langella thread.

by Anonymousreply 12April 18, 2023 12:33 PM

Wonder what it's like for r10, suffering obsoletely as the world moves on from putting up with shitty behavior.

by Anonymousreply 13April 18, 2023 12:39 PM

Which TWINK did he make a pass at?

by Anonymousreply 14April 18, 2023 12:41 PM

Oh, r10 is just some troll who called blacks "chimps" in another thread a few minutes ago, got some traction from it, so now he's using it everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 15April 18, 2023 12:41 PM

All this wokeness and correction of past sins and redressing of grievances and higher thinking and calling to account and handing out of money and .... things are just getting worse and worse and worse.

by Anonymousreply 16April 18, 2023 12:43 PM

He looks like a drinker

by Anonymousreply 17April 18, 2023 12:55 PM

r4, Abraham was in the Guillermo del Toro anthology series. As far as I know, Benicio del Toro had nothing to do with it. Although that would have been fun to see him in one of the episodes!

by Anonymousreply 18April 18, 2023 4:03 PM

"Finally, something is being done about that monster!" Signed, Anne, Whoopi, Jessica, and Meryl!

by Anonymousreply 19April 18, 2023 4:25 PM

F.—call me.

by Anonymousreply 20April 18, 2023 5:35 PM

What's the problem?

by Anonymousreply 21April 18, 2023 5:41 PM

I bet the set of Homeland was a joy with divas F. Murray Abraham and Mandy Patinkin.

I wonder if Murray if having money issues…he did dramatic readings during performances of Mozart’s Requiem in…Pittsburgh.

by Anonymousreply 22April 18, 2023 9:33 PM

He was very good in White Lotus playing a sex pest. He should specialize in playing those roles.

by Anonymousreply 23April 18, 2023 9:41 PM

Well, what do you think the F stands for anyway?

by Anonymousreply 24April 18, 2023 9:50 PM

His wife died a few months ago; they were married for 60 years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25April 19, 2023 1:32 AM

[Quote] I bet the set of Homeland was a joy with divas F. Murray Abraham and Mandy Patinkin.

And he played a creep on Homeland too. There was that random line about how he fucked Quinn when he was a teen.

by Anonymousreply 26April 19, 2023 9:58 AM

Holy fuck

I just found out he’s not Jewish

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27May 9, 2023 1:08 AM

So ugly…

by Anonymousreply 28May 9, 2023 1:15 AM

He was good in Amadeus back in the day.

by Anonymousreply 29May 9, 2023 1:30 AM

He was great in Amadeus. I remember being so happy when the red grapes 🍇 from Fruit of the Loom won the Oscar.

Oh, well.

by Anonymousreply 30May 9, 2023 1:51 AM

Excuse me, he played the leaf 🍃, not the grapes 🍇

by Anonymousreply 31May 9, 2023 1:53 AM

[quote]I've always heard he's difficult, and an asshole. I didn't have "sex pest" on my list, however.

I worked with him several times, Native West Virginian/r7, going back as far as La Mama's Uncle Vanya/various films/tv shows. I am stunned to hear this, and frankly, I question it. He was always unfailingly professional and kind, in my experience. This sounds like an older gent slipping up and saying something no longer acceptable, but harmless.

He's a really nice guy. I simply cannot believe he did more than misspeak.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32May 9, 2023 5:40 AM

I preferred Tom Hulce in "Amadeus."

by Anonymousreply 33May 9, 2023 5:44 AM

I'm glad I'm old and I'm going to die soon so I won't have to live in a world where being racy is confused with being depraved and dangerous, and where another person being offended by something you said can result in your permanent cancellation.

by Anonymousreply 34May 9, 2023 5:56 AM

[quote] I preferred Tom Hulce in "Amadeus."

Judi Dench preferred Ian McKellen.

by Anonymousreply 35May 9, 2023 11:27 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!