Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Phillip Schofield thanks fans for their support since his paedophile brother was convicted of sexual offences

The drama in this guy’s life.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 284June 7, 2023 5:02 AM

Awkward. He's a dickhead and gets far too many TV shows, but it's not his fault he has a paedo for a brother. It's bad enough for anyone but for a celeb it's that much worse.

by Anonymousreply 1April 17, 2023 1:02 PM

He sure found a way to make it all about him. How is he the victim?

by Anonymousreply 2April 17, 2023 1:03 PM

NOT SAYING ANYTHING

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3April 17, 2023 1:08 PM

Strange things afoot

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4April 17, 2023 1:10 PM

R2 I don't get why he even mentioned it really. He could have just started the show as normal. After all, it's irrelevant to This Morning.

by Anonymousreply 5April 17, 2023 1:11 PM

Matthew McGreevy's name is coming up in the UK media a lot over the last 24 hours.

by Anonymousreply 6May 14, 2023 5:39 PM

I forever associate him with Kim Woodburn

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7May 14, 2023 5:54 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8May 14, 2023 6:05 PM

Schofield was friends with Savile. Much more importantly, Schofield groomed and abused McGreevy from a young age. He’s extremely wired, like Savile was, and that’s protected him.

by Anonymousreply 9May 14, 2023 6:12 PM

[quote]Matthew McGreevy's name is coming up in the UK media a lot over the last 24 hours.

The Daily Mail/MailOnline are now producing stories about McGreevy even if they're not naming him.

There have been so many drip drip drip stories about Schofield and it feels like the dam is about to break.

by Anonymousreply 10May 14, 2023 6:12 PM

How much did Holly know?

by Anonymousreply 11May 14, 2023 6:48 PM

R11, Where have you been this week? The beasties have fallen out and are no longer speaking. Phil decided not confide in Holly about his brother's proclivities. We'll see if this partnership will survive in the coming weeks...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12May 14, 2023 7:17 PM

Phil's backstage behavior is being outed and now he's becoming a national joke.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13May 14, 2023 7:25 PM

But how much did she know about McGreevy?

by Anonymousreply 14May 14, 2023 7:55 PM

[quote]How much did Holly know?

There are already people blaming HER for it as if she's the Rose to Schofield's Fred. Matthew McGreevy is in his late 20s now, but he visited the set in 2014 when he was 18, so he's now around 27 and Schofield is 61. There are photos that Schofield knew McGreevey when he was in his early teens, through a theatre group he worked with.

It's not her job to manage the personal life of a colleague, someone she is paid to appear on friendly terms with. Assuming Schofield got McGreevy a job on the show and was fucking him, how is Holly responsible for that? The age of consent is 16, and if Holly knew the producers knew and they're the ones responsible for the show.

Why should Holly have put her job at risk because of a colleague's dreadful behaviour?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15May 14, 2023 8:17 PM

I hate him like poison.

by Anonymousreply 16May 15, 2023 12:17 AM

"Matthew McGreevy is in his late 20s now, but he visited the set in 2014 when he was 18, so he's now around 27 and Schofield is 61. There are photos that Schofield knew McGreevey when he was in his early teens, through a theatre group he worked with."

Exactly, let's not overlook the fact McGreevy has been in Schofield's life since his early teens. He was GROOMED!

by Anonymousreply 17May 15, 2023 8:37 PM

Terrible.

And to think he got that Oscar for playing Thomas More.

Didn't even know his brother was still alive.

by Anonymousreply 18May 15, 2023 8:39 PM

McGreevy with Schofield's rumoured at the time boyfriend. Story goes, Schofield enjoys threesomes with younger guys.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19May 15, 2023 8:39 PM

McGreevy is giving off Dylan Mulvaney vibes...ie total bottom.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20May 15, 2023 8:42 PM

[quote] Schofield enjoys threesomes with younger guys.

Lots of people enjoy threesomes with people that are younger than they are. Age of consent is 16 in the UK. Photo was posted in 2013, the guy in question would have been 17 at the time. I’m failing to see the issue here.

by Anonymousreply 21May 15, 2023 8:44 PM

Who needs The Morning Show when you've got This Morning?

You could make a major drama series from the shenanigans.

Richard and Judy and the shoplifting

Weatherman Fred Talbot being a paedo

John Leslie and rough sex

Fern and Phil and the pay dispute

The arrival of Holly

Heated debates with Katie Hopkins

Phil vs Eamonn and Ruth ft Amanda Holden and Rylan

The Queen's Funeral

Phil Brother's a Paedo, is Phil one too?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22May 15, 2023 8:45 PM

My friends were talking about this earlier. I first heard the rumours about Schofield years ago, but this is the first time I've heard it discussed by normal people (i.e. non-DLers). Schofield's luck is running out. The dam is about to burst.

by Anonymousreply 23May 15, 2023 8:47 PM

It looks like Simon Schofield (no relation) was groomed by Phillip as a kid, and then Simon groomed Matthew for Phil.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24May 15, 2023 8:50 PM

"Lots of people enjoy threesomes with people that are younger than they are. Age of consent is 16 in the UK. Photo was posted in 2013, the guy in question would have been 17 at the time. I’m failing to see the issue here.

You fail to see everything. The photo was from 2013, yes. But Schofield knows McGreevy a lot longer than that. So there may have been threesomes before the age of consent and that photo.

by Anonymousreply 25May 15, 2023 8:51 PM

R21

by Anonymousreply 26May 15, 2023 8:54 PM

[quote] So there may have been threesomes before the age of consent and that photo.

If that’s your standard of proof then there may have been threesomes between any older person and child that they know. Lock everyone up lol.

by Anonymousreply 27May 15, 2023 8:55 PM

R21 is Schofield or some other nonce who likes his boys young.

by Anonymousreply 28May 15, 2023 8:56 PM

R28 I actually tend to go for guys in their 40s. I don’t think I’ve even ever had sex with anyone under the age of 25. I’ve always found more truth in the “those that accuse others of something tend to be guilty of what they accuse” rule tho 😉

by Anonymousreply 29May 15, 2023 9:01 PM

Thanks for that R29. How insightful.

by Anonymousreply 30May 16, 2023 5:31 AM

Who are you people talking about? Phillip or his brother?!

by Anonymousreply 31May 16, 2023 5:38 AM

The problem is Philip has been in contact with McGreevy since the latter was 12 years old.

by Anonymousreply 32May 16, 2023 6:01 AM

R32 is there any evidence they had a sexual relationship prior to age of consent being met?

by Anonymousreply 33May 16, 2023 6:11 AM

R33, Schofield knew McGreevy when he was 12, stayed in contact, then got him a job when he was of age. That sequence of events plus the sexual involvement, which began at an unknown point, makes an allegation of grooming and sexual abuse highly plausible. Add to all of this that McGreevy seems to have been dispensed with by Schofield when he aged out.

by Anonymousreply 34May 16, 2023 6:16 AM

R34 yea I know it gives the appearance of something (to some people more than others it seems) sure but that’s not evidence, or proof, or anything based in surety that anything illegal happened. Just seems like not so much of a basis to run screaming ‘pedo’ and also a bunch of people suggesting a woman he works with should lose her job alongside his. Idk.

There’s a certain group of people like you that seem to really enjoy a celebrity pedophilia scandal that seems a bit creepy to me. You don’t wait for facts, evidence or even a definitive accusation by the person you’ve decided to name victim in order to jump out the gates. It’s weird.

by Anonymousreply 35May 16, 2023 6:27 AM

R33 Are you unaware of what grooming is?!

by Anonymousreply 36May 16, 2023 1:07 PM

R33 wants proof? Huh? Like a sex tape?

by Anonymousreply 37May 16, 2023 1:11 PM

R36 I do know what grooming is. But just because there’s an appearance of something doesn’t mean it actually happened.

R37 I don’t want proof there just isn’t any so far.

This Matthew person hasn’t made any allegation has he? You’re just naming him as a victim of sexual assault when he hasn’t made any comment about it. If Matthew (or someone with personal knowledge of the situation) were to make an allegation I would believe it (there is circumstantial evidence) but until then…..

by Anonymousreply 38May 16, 2023 3:31 PM

R21 R27 R29 R33 R35 R38

by Anonymousreply 39May 16, 2023 3:53 PM

When the tabloid reported that Schofield was "talking to his lawyers", it's clear they're referring to either an injunction in place to stop stories about him being printed or an NDA signed by McGreevy, either at the request of Schofield, This Morning or ITV.

It's amazing to think that Schofield was hired as This Morning host after John Leslie was sacked following the Ulrika rape story and other complaints about sexual misconduct over 20 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 40May 16, 2023 4:00 PM

The Daily Mail is going really hard on this, story after story, every day.

by Anonymousreply 41May 16, 2023 4:59 PM

R41 yes well their readership will eat up any story that puts gays with pedophilia in the same sentence. Throw in a random celebrity angle and those losers will spend 8hrs a day following it.

by Anonymousreply 42May 16, 2023 5:14 PM

R42

by Anonymousreply 43May 16, 2023 5:19 PM

[quote]The Daily Mail is going really hard on this, story after story, every day.

What's like likelihood the Mail have signed a deal with McGreevy or another boy?

by Anonymousreply 44May 16, 2023 5:21 PM

There's one nonce on this thread doing his best to paint this story as anything other than grooming.

Nonces gonna nonce.

by Anonymousreply 45May 16, 2023 9:05 PM

This still no story there and now celebrities are not going on because the hosts are rumored not to like one another?! Who is paying for this smear piece? Something is up. This non-story being reported day after day is beyond transparent. Someone is trying to destroy them.

by Anonymousreply 46May 16, 2023 11:37 PM

The Sun's website has Schofield as the main story, forcing a Meghan Markle public appearance down the page.

People are now briefing that Martin Frizell, the producer, will be force to resign soon.

by Anonymousreply 47May 17, 2023 6:17 AM

The Guardian's Marina Hyde has offered her thoughts on the situation.

This line stood out:

[quote]As for why Phil and Holly are on the rocks, who can say? Or rather, who can say in print?

IN PRINT!!!

IN PRINT!!!!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48May 17, 2023 8:14 AM

The rumour was Phillip’s awkward coming out was forced on him because Matthew Mcgreevy had gone to the papers and a huge story was about to break. Phillip had no intention of coming out (heck isn’t he still living with the beard wife??). He basically did a Kevin Spacey (and managed to get a superinjunction to prevent the media from reporting any of the story). Mcgreevy likely got a big payoff and has absolutely zero online profile which is very unusual for a 20something guy).

by Anonymousreply 49May 17, 2023 9:12 AM

I also suspect it’s only a matter of time before Muriel nukes the thread.

by Anonymousreply 50May 17, 2023 9:15 AM

Mues nuked the Charles/Camilla thread, so it’s a distinct possibility.

by Anonymousreply 51May 17, 2023 9:51 AM

Did readers miss the reference to 'catamites' at the end of the Guardian article?!

There it is to all the deniers!

by Anonymousreply 52May 17, 2023 4:18 PM

I didn't know what "catamites" meant, Oh that Marina making the most of her expensive education!!

by Anonymousreply 53May 17, 2023 4:39 PM

Google the term you nonce.

by Anonymousreply 54May 17, 2023 5:05 PM

Still not seeing what the big deal is. The UK has entered the Twilight Zone. It really goes to show how easily the public can be manipulated into hating someone without given a reason why. Too bizarre.

by Anonymousreply 55May 17, 2023 5:12 PM

Brits are angry that these two people they like don’t like each other so they’re punishing them? Brits act like children.

by Anonymousreply 56May 17, 2023 5:17 PM

Someone had it in for them.

by Anonymousreply 57May 17, 2023 5:20 PM

[quote]Still not seeing what the big deal is. The UK has entered the Twilight Zone. It really goes to show how easily the public can be manipulated into hating someone without given a reason why. Too bizarre.

Schofield has a reputation for being TV's Mr Nice Guy - he's been a huge star since the 80s when he started off in kids TV.

He clearly has an injunction out to stop the media reporting a particular story about a much younger man he had some kind of relationship with who he first met as a child. There are also stories about his behaviour on the TV show which other presenters have hinted at, but they will have signed NDAs and be aware that their future employment with ITV could be at risk if they speak out.

Schofield's brother was recently convicted of sexual abuse of a teenager boy. Schofield told the court he was aware of the abuse but didn't do anything with the information, such as tell the police his brother is a nonce.

So it's not a case of the public being told to hate someone, it's a case of the media being stopped from reporting certain facts.

by Anonymousreply 58May 17, 2023 5:34 PM

I didn’t know PS is considered Mr Nice (I’m not British) but I mostly know him from Gogglebox where he is usually featured making fun of someone or being made fun of by the Goggleboxers.

And from this screaming queen’s twitter accounts:

[quote] One person who has always had Phillip Schofield’s card marked since day one is Kim Woodburn. The way she refused to take any of his gaslighting behaviour

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59May 17, 2023 6:28 PM

Shirlpuzz is a genius, r59.

by Anonymousreply 60May 17, 2023 6:56 PM

Shirley’s Spicy Pussy is maybe my favourite tweeter. A Princess Diana, Loose Women obsessed EastEnders fan.

by Anonymousreply 61May 18, 2023 7:31 AM

Kim Woodbury just called Holly a bitch at least 2x during a recent interview. Holly is made out to be Ellen 2.0 — fake to the core.

Right when Phillip Schofield was about to outed for his role with the kid, he then did his coming out story. Apparently people were more surprised that he was married to a woman than being gay. Joan Collins slipped in an interview about this.

by Anonymousreply 62May 18, 2023 11:39 AM

[quote]The brother of TV presenter Phillip Schofield has been jailed for 12 years for sexually abusing a boy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63May 19, 2023 10:42 AM

Kim W is having none of it, via Shirley Carter’s Pussy:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64May 19, 2023 11:10 AM

r64 Gino's wearing so much eyeliner in that clip, dear lord.

by Anonymousreply 65May 19, 2023 11:20 AM

If Schofield admits he knew about his brother, it’s completely unforgivable in my opinion & he should be taken off air. I appreciate how hard it must be to discover something horrific about your family but ultimately, my first thoughts would always be for the victim of someone’s abuse. On no planet would I stand back & brush it under the carpet. If he hadn’t have know, that’s a whole different story. But he admits he did & he did nothing about it. What a fucking wanker.

I bet Holly is fuming. First queue jump gate, now this. I’ve met her a few times through work & she is a stuck up asshole who thinks she’s gods gift. She has such a picture perfect imagine to maintain, little miss humble sunshine 🙄 She must be losing her shit at having her name associated with this. Makes me chuckle.

by Anonymousreply 66May 19, 2023 12:04 PM

R65 That was Gino? Holy shit, I didn’t recognise him with the eye makeup.

by Anonymousreply 67May 19, 2023 2:39 PM

Na na na na

Na na na na

Hey

Goodbye

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68May 20, 2023 2:14 PM

"I'll see you all for the soap awards next month".

Nah, not gonna happen Phil!

by Anonymousreply 69May 20, 2023 2:21 PM

GURL BYE

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70May 20, 2023 2:41 PM

Holly looks like Kelly "Skeletor" Ripa, if that bitch had eaten a carb in the last 20 years.....

by Anonymousreply 71May 20, 2023 2:42 PM

It begins...

by Anonymousreply 72May 20, 2023 2:54 PM

Where's the nonce sympathiser we've had dominating this thread?

Only a matter of time before an investigation into Phil.

by Anonymousreply 73May 20, 2023 3:01 PM

It's quite a coincidence that the subject of teenager dating a much older man has been discussed over the last 48 hours, with teenage footballer Jake Daniels disclosing his 46 year old BF "slid into his DMs" when he came out last year aged 17.

I wonder if the same people arguing they're consenting adults will take the same view of Schofield and Matthew McGreevy, who was believed to be 17 when he started a relationship with Schofield.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74May 20, 2023 3:04 PM

r70 I think that's different grade of predatory to what happened here. Schofield met the boy when he was 10 or 12 and was involved in his life for years until the NDA and even controlled his employment during the time they were together. That's out and out grooming (and frankly looking at his family I doubt he waited until the AoC before making some sort of move). The Jake Daniels situation is more just generally skeevy I wouldn't advise any young gay guy to get into a relationship with someone so much older. The power imbalance and difference in life experience levels just make for a bad relationship all around. But at least in Daniels case he was almost an adult and could have just blocked the guy something McGreevy never had the option to do.

by Anonymousreply 75May 20, 2023 3:27 PM

There’s definitely MUCH more to this story than “Phil and Holly have fallen out”. She knows the skeletons in his closet and doesn’t want to go down in flames along with him when it all comes out.

by Anonymousreply 76May 20, 2023 4:36 PM

Holly is all about self preservation. Phil describing Holly as his 'rock', felt like emotional blackmail.

Public opinion had already turned when they skipped the queue at the Queen's lying in state.

by Anonymousreply 77May 20, 2023 4:45 PM

[quote][R70] I think that's different grade of predatory to what happened here. Schofield met the boy when he was 10 or 12 and was involved in his life for years until the NDA and even controlled his employment during the time they were together. That's out and out grooming (and frankly looking at his family I doubt he waited until the AoC before making some sort of move). The Jake Daniels situation is more just generally skeevy I wouldn't advise any young gay guy to get into a relationship with someone so much older. The power imbalance and difference in life experience levels just make for a bad relationship all around. But at least in Daniels case he was almost an adult and could have just blocked the guy something McGreevy never had the option to do.

The accusation seems to be that Schofield met McGreevy when he was 17 and they started a relationship, when Schofield was in his late 40s. Schofield then got McGreevy a job at This Morning. There is an accusation that McGreevy was in a relationship with someone called Simon Schofield when he was underage and that Simon S introduced him to Phil S.

But the premise between McGreevy and Jake Daniels is the same. If 17 year olds are viewed as old enough to have sex, then the tweet at R74 should apply to Schofield, then late 40s/early 50s,as it does to the 45 year old "sliding into the DMs" of a 17 year old.

They're both creepy as fuck but I expect the people defending Jake Daniels will be more critical of Schofield.

by Anonymousreply 78May 20, 2023 5:04 PM

Gagging order for McGreevy. He was gagging on Schofield's withered grey dick before that.

by Anonymousreply 79May 20, 2023 5:19 PM

R64 Kim Woodburn is such a cunt though, can't stand the woman, all brass and no manners.

by Anonymousreply 80May 20, 2023 5:41 PM

Phillip has one sibling- the paedo brother. What happened to these two guys in their childhood?

by Anonymousreply 81May 20, 2023 6:01 PM

[quote] Sheridan Smith has been cast as Holly Willoughby in a new 6 part drama for ITV3 called ‘The Downfall of the Schofe’

Ahaha! That would be gold. And Dominic West as Schofe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82May 20, 2023 7:47 PM

So he quit This Morning effective immediately

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83May 20, 2023 8:25 PM

The Star's headline: Holly 1, Wally 0

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84May 21, 2023 7:54 AM

[quote]Been thinking about poor Phillip Schofield & the pummelling he’s taken. What he’s pulled off over the last 30+ years is truly eye watering & to think he started off in a closet with a small rodent. A whole generation of kids have woken up to him. Take it on the chin Phillip.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85May 21, 2023 8:02 AM

I'd rather not jump to conclusions as too many people online are calling him a "paedophile" with no evidence, I suspect in large part because he's gay. I despise how gay still equates with paedophile to some people.

Not saying he's faultless but people are jumping to condemn too quickly

by Anonymousreply 86May 21, 2023 9:00 AM

"Not saying he's faultless but people are jumping to condemn too quickly"

Those rumours haven't happened overnight. There have been comments on the This Morning runner for a few years.

by Anonymousreply 87May 21, 2023 9:03 AM

The blog post below has details on the chronology of Schofield's relationship with McGreevy with aspects of the story I wasn't aware of, such as McGreevy joining the This Morning team on stage when they won an award.

PS knew MM through a drama group when MM was 11 and PS started following MM on Twitter when he had just turned 15.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88May 21, 2023 9:24 AM

He must weigh around 135 or 140 elbs based on the photo at R87. Keep in mind the camera puts weight on.

Anyhow, super glad he’s sacked as he’s a low-grade pedo (as in likes teenagers as opposed to younger) AT BEST. Go count your money, Schofe, and stay away from kids.

by Anonymousreply 89May 21, 2023 9:30 AM

Has (formerly) fat Fern Britten commented yet? She quit over a pay dispute, making way for Holly

by Anonymousreply 90May 21, 2023 9:50 AM

He looks UNHINGED at R88. That lunatic eyes look. Chilling.

by Anonymousreply 91May 21, 2023 9:51 AM

[quote]Has (formerly) fat Fern Britten commented yet? She quit over a pay dispute, making way for Holly

The day Eamonn Holmes made a comment about Phil and Holly being actors, Fern tweeted how lovely it was to get a phone call out of the blue from her old friend Eamonn.

Eamonn of course is married to Ruth Langsford, who was reported to have made a complaint about Schofield. She and Eamonn used to present the Friday show and it was to them Schofield confessed his homosexuality. And Ruth worked on Loose Women, where Matthew McGreevy went to work for after he left This Morning.

A reminded: EVERYONE IN ITV KNOWS ABOUT THIS STORY. EVERYONE.

by Anonymousreply 92May 21, 2023 10:16 AM

What did Ruth complain about?

by Anonymousreply 93May 21, 2023 11:01 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94May 21, 2023 11:03 AM

The mainstream media is still pushing the line that Phillip and Holly fell out because he didn't tell her about his brother's trial (presumably because they don't want to get sued).

by Anonymousreply 95May 21, 2023 11:22 AM

There was a discussion about this on GB News last night and a very dim woman defended Schofield's sacking and was asked repeatedly what Schofield had done to merit being sacked. She answered, mentioning Schofield's brother and then replied "Allegedly, he has been having relationships with young children".

by Anonymousreply 96May 21, 2023 11:23 AM

So r95 they fell out about McGreevy and the tension after years finally became too much?

by Anonymousreply 97May 21, 2023 11:35 AM

He looks pretty good for 61 not that it's gonna help.. I would imagine he'll get the boot from his other gigs, The Cube is the only one I can think of at the moment.

by Anonymousreply 98May 21, 2023 11:45 AM

Never found him attractive

by Anonymousreply 99May 21, 2023 11:52 AM

Phil and Holly's professional relationship problems started more than 3 years ago when she left the agency that represented them both, which he is a shareholder in.

YMU represents a huge number of daytime TV talent and Holly was considered an uppity bitch by some for daring to go it alone with a new all female agency.

The agency sued her and 2 years later they lost the case and she was awarded £1m.

Just look at the roster of stars they represent and you might wonder why "the industry" tolerated his relationship a teenager. Clue: because it was in their financial interest.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100May 21, 2023 11:53 AM

R97 - following his brother's trial, rumours have recently resurfaced on social media about Schofield grooming that boy. My theory is that Holly suspected that the story was about to go public and is making a point of distancing herself from him beforehand.

by Anonymousreply 101May 21, 2023 12:12 PM

Of course Holly is distancing herself. She's his 'rock' for as long as it's beneficial to her.

by Anonymousreply 102May 21, 2023 12:32 PM

If he was in America the housefrau audience would have demanded his ouster long ago.

by Anonymousreply 103May 21, 2023 12:35 PM

The sublime wit Julian Clary forewarned us all long ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104May 21, 2023 12:45 PM

R100 just glancing through that list of talent and came across two gorgeous men I'd never heard of, Jack and Finn Harries. Yummy. Deserve their own thread!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105May 21, 2023 12:50 PM

Here he is with his twin (Jack Harries NOT Philip Schofield!)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106May 21, 2023 12:52 PM

^^years ago now, a younger Jack Harries did a few gay-themed sketches for the teen sketch comedy series on Channel 4, ‘School of Comedy’. His scene partner for one well-loved bit, the Leonard Lizard yuppie sketch, was Will Poulter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107May 21, 2023 12:55 PM

Mmm thanks R107 he's gorgeous

by Anonymousreply 108May 21, 2023 12:59 PM

Reminds me of Jane Alexander & Jace Alexander. There are some things your family should not forgive you for.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109May 21, 2023 1:02 PM

Phillip's wife Stephanie Lowe is sat next to him in the Julian Clary video. She was briefly a kids tv presenter at the BBC in the early 90s.

Russell T Davies said he had to fight for a reference to Schofield being closeted in It's A Sin, when it was public knowledge then that he was gay. Is it possible Stephanie didn't know when she married him?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110May 21, 2023 1:04 PM

Schofield's wife is textbook 'wife of a closet case'. Frumpy, dumpy, won't do any better, so marry a 'mo!

by Anonymousreply 111May 21, 2023 1:09 PM

Phillip doesn't seem like he's gay, but a pederast with a fixed preference for teen boys. That's why he, as is often the case with pederasts, married a woman, because he couldn't live his sexuality openly, so he might as well mix with the most privileged sexuality (straight people), instead of coming out, being discriminated against, and getting meat he doesn't much enjoy. Phil only came out because the rumors surrounding that Matthew kid were getting too loud.

As for the case with Jake Daniels, the situation is different: his bf wasn't involved with his life before, he wasn't Jake's coach or a teacher. Plus, if you look at Jake's Instagram following, there's a rather strong whiff of gerontophilia. So it's not like his bf is manipulating him. He's just what Jake likes.

by Anonymousreply 112May 21, 2023 2:17 PM

Schofield is the working class pederast's Stephen Fry.

by Anonymousreply 113May 21, 2023 3:28 PM

I liked the Mirror's headline too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114May 21, 2023 3:48 PM

Schofield ia apparently an awful bully and nasty malicious man behind the scenes and I'm glad he has gone .But don't be fooled by Holly Willoughby-she ain't all sweetness and light. She's just better at keeping the mask from slipping in front of the public.

by Anonymousreply 115May 21, 2023 4:00 PM

No one has ever been fooled by Willoughby. She is one of the most ruthless, mercenary whores on UK tv.

by Anonymousreply 116May 21, 2023 4:02 PM

R100 - when Holly hosted I’m A Celebrity, Phil reportedly fell out with her. I couldn’t work out why.

by Anonymousreply 117May 21, 2023 4:31 PM

It's amazing how people can fall out over jobs when they're already so rich

by Anonymousreply 118May 21, 2023 5:25 PM

It's less about the money and more about the ego ^^^^

by Anonymousreply 119May 21, 2023 5:46 PM

What exactly has Holly done wrong?

She joined an established tv show after a decade in broadcasting and is now a hugely experienced broadcaster.

It's not her choice who she works with on This Morning and it's not up to her to police the actions of her older colleague. Yes she's exaggerated her friendship with Schofield to promote her show and put on a united front but that's part of her job.

Dermot and Alison Hammond are presenting next week. They'll both be fancying their chances although there were stories about THEM not getting on. Considering they first met when Dermot was presenting a Big Brother spin off show and Alison was a contestant I can see why he might be miffed that she's become a much bigger name than him.

by Anonymousreply 120May 21, 2023 6:07 PM

[quote] What exactly has Holly done wrong?

She's successful.

by Anonymousreply 121May 21, 2023 6:12 PM

They should have Woodburn take Schofield’s spot for a few weeks and I’m dead serious. Maybe not forever, as guests might not want to be subjected to tongue lashings, and Holly would quit, but imagine if she and Holly got along and Kim were able to mind her manners the smallest bit? That would be incredible TV. Like Rosie and Elizabeth on The View at their best.

by Anonymousreply 122May 21, 2023 6:13 PM

R122, I enjoy Kim as much as the next gay but she's too much of a loose cannon and far too apt to be offended by others.

by Anonymousreply 123May 21, 2023 6:15 PM

Phillip Schofield is a nasty piece of work and he's always been a cunt.

That said, perennial-ingenue, the 40-something Holly Willoughby is vile. Always mutton dressed as lamb, always fake-ditzy-dumb-blonde routine. Then she decided to get rid of Phil when their ratings took a hit after the late Queen's lying in state. Holly and Phil jumped the queue and lied about it when they got caught.

After pretending to be so supportive of Phillip when he came out, they've been going downhill ever since they were busted at the late Queen's thing. That's when the trouble started and when Holly started this acting out and plotting to get rid of Phil. She's a lot like that blonde bimbo who used to work with Reeg and Gaycrest, now she works with her husband (and is failing).

Anyway, Phil is no fucking loss and take that simpering cunt Holly with him.

by Anonymousreply 124May 21, 2023 6:17 PM

R124 needs to change his tampon, he's showing early signs of toxic shock syndrome.

by Anonymousreply 125May 21, 2023 6:39 PM

Holly is married to a TV producer, much of her exposure comes via the tv shows he's responsible for.

by Anonymousreply 126May 21, 2023 6:42 PM

R124 what kind of cunty things did Philip do?

by Anonymousreply 127May 21, 2023 7:02 PM

What's all this about then?

by Anonymousreply 128May 21, 2023 7:27 PM

R123, that’s fair. Are Kim is uh quite reactive.

by Anonymousreply 129May 21, 2023 8:03 PM

TBF who'd want to wake up to Kim's face with their first coffee?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130May 21, 2023 8:57 PM

Can you imagine Kim interviewing the parents of a kid with terminally ill cancer who are running marathons barefooted to raise money.

"So tell me my darlings, why didn't you take the kiddie to the doctor before the cancer spread? It's all very well complaining to me about verrucas and blisters and what have you but that's not going to make the kiddie's painful death any easier, is it?"

by Anonymousreply 131May 21, 2023 9:29 PM

[quote] Kim Woodburn is such a cunt though, can't stand the woman, all brass and no manners.

You don't know the half of it!!

by Anonymousreply 132May 21, 2023 9:33 PM

I've been hearing rumours from a friend who works in the studio. Apparently Holly had become increasingly frustrated and angry by Phillip's chronic flatulence problem. She's tried being understanding but it's got to the point where it's getting in the way of her being a serious interviewer.

by Anonymousreply 133May 21, 2023 10:56 PM

Anybody know why Rylan left the show?

by Anonymousreply 134May 21, 2023 11:47 PM

R134 he was caught by Wardrobe sniffing Dermot O'Leary's soiled boxer briefs whilst flicking his bean 🫛

by Anonymousreply 135May 21, 2023 11:51 PM

R120 Phil and Holly went on multiple vacays together. They were good friends.

Apparently Rylan left in solidarity with Eamonn and Ruth, who he credits as mentoring him on the show.

by Anonymousreply 136May 22, 2023 2:07 AM

[quote] he was caught by Wardrobe sniffing Dermot O'Leary's soiled boxer briefs whilst flicking his bean

You know, I've always wanted to do that!

by Anonymousreply 137May 22, 2023 7:06 AM

What, Eamon and Ruth left?! My parents used to dislike Ruth because they thought she over-enunciated her works and was a bit too fake. Haha

I remember Eamon on GMTV in the 90s when we were getting ready for school.

by Anonymousreply 138May 22, 2023 8:26 AM

Surreal intro from Dermot & Alison. I suppose there wasn't really any other way they could have handled it, but it seemed borderline funereal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139May 22, 2023 12:02 PM

R139 some poor old buddies who aren't on the internet might have thought he died!

by Anonymousreply 140May 22, 2023 12:16 PM

*biddies

by Anonymousreply 141May 22, 2023 12:34 PM

^ their morose faces. They were talking about him as if he’d died. The MARY of it all!

by Anonymousreply 142May 22, 2023 1:53 PM

Well it would be bad form to be giggling and pulling faces, the silver fox was propping up the couch for almost twice as long as our Richard & Judy, even if he's nowhere near as iconic

by Anonymousreply 143May 22, 2023 2:15 PM

I’d give Dermot something to smile about. Supposedly Holly and Allison played with each other’s pussies when Holly first arrived.

by Anonymousreply 144May 22, 2023 2:20 PM

r143 Judy Finnigan is a true star and British television legend. Schofield hasn't got a touch of her magic and icon status.

by Anonymousreply 145May 22, 2023 4:16 PM

I really like Ruth. I wonder if they will ask Rylan back as people seem to like him. I can’t get over the hair and teefs myself. He apparently had then removed and got some new ones but I can’t tell the difference.

by Anonymousreply 146May 22, 2023 4:17 PM

R145 I agree, I remember them when I was home school sick and under a blanket with my mum looking after me. They were still good in their evening slot. Richard is a bit of a gobshite but I don't mind his direct manner or gaffes.

by Anonymousreply 147May 22, 2023 4:20 PM

One thing's for certain: even if the grooming rumours turn out to be untrue, it's becoming increasingly apparent that Schofield was intensely unpopular behind the scenes.

He's still supposed to be hosting the Soap Awards on the third of June. Can't see that happening.

by Anonymousreply 148May 22, 2023 4:43 PM

[quote][R143] Judy Finnigan is a true star and British television legend. Schofield hasn't got a touch of her magic and icon status.

Poor Judy. Imagine how mortified she would have been when they were known as Pinch and Judy following Richard's arrest and trial for shoplifting.

by Anonymousreply 149May 22, 2023 5:05 PM

I just remember Judy getting her tits out at that award show.

by Anonymousreply 150May 22, 2023 5:14 PM

R149 I think she was more mortified by his Ali G impression, asking about her sex life

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151May 22, 2023 8:40 PM

Well, Rolf Harris just died, so that's him ruled out as Phil's replacement.

by Anonymousreply 152May 23, 2023 1:11 PM

[quote] This was my fave Phil & Holly story. Sunday Times Mag published the most anodyne interview, with zero revelations. But then drew a crayon crown on her head and put it on cover as "Queen Holly: How Holly Willoughby eclipsed Phillip Schofield", and apparenly triggered unholy row

Phil reminds me of Johnny Carson who forever hated Joan Rivers for having the temerity to advance in her career.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153May 23, 2023 3:24 PM

Phil is in his 60s, is his wife ever going to divorce him?

by Anonymousreply 154May 23, 2023 3:49 PM

Rylan is such a fag

by Anonymousreply 155May 23, 2023 3:57 PM

There’s still no story here. For some reason everyone just went along with him suddenly not being likable for a reason no one knows about. It’s just weird. The Brits are that way though.

by Anonymousreply 156May 23, 2023 4:00 PM

[quote] Kim Woodburn is such a cunt though, can't stand the woman, all brass and no manners.

The Brits love her though and make excuses for her abhorrent behavior.

by Anonymousreply 157May 23, 2023 4:01 PM

[quote] Schofield groomed and abused McGreevy from a young age.

What are you talking about?

by Anonymousreply 158May 23, 2023 4:02 PM

Lots of Brits hated him R156. He's so smarmy and was really shoved into the public's face. While at the same time, he shoved himself down young fellas' throats!

by Anonymousreply 159May 23, 2023 4:02 PM

Her behaviour is out front and centre, she’s not pretending to be your nice, anodyne neighbour.

by Anonymousreply 160May 23, 2023 4:03 PM

[quote] Are you unaware of what grooming is?!

Hysterical frau alert!

by Anonymousreply 161May 23, 2023 4:03 PM

[quote] While at the same time, he shoved himself down young fellas' throats!

Where’s the evidence?

by Anonymousreply 162May 23, 2023 4:03 PM

R162 wants a sex tape of Old Man Phillver and his teen.

Punch and delete.

by Anonymousreply 163May 23, 2023 4:05 PM

The Sun are reporting that Strictly want to sign Phillip. LOL. They’d sooner have Giovanni cha cha cha-ing with a bargepole.

Piers Morgan has written an article about ITV daytime culture. He doesn’t mention the actress Lorraine Kelly who plays sycophantic and insincere TV presenter Lorraine Kelly. Not sure who the male presenter who wanted his job are. Neither Dermot nor Rylan would want the breakfast slot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164May 23, 2023 10:54 PM

[quote] wants a sex tape of Old Man Phillver and his teen.

Nice try. Present some evidence and then we’ll talk. Until then, you’re just a retarded fat frau.

by Anonymousreply 165May 23, 2023 11:12 PM

Did anyone actually come forwarded saying that they were fucking Phillip when they were underage?

by Anonymousreply 166May 23, 2023 11:13 PM

R159 he was a bit smarmy and hosting way too many shows at one point, like you couldn't avoid him if you watched ITV. My mum did love The Cube though so I'll give him that. I do agree though that people pushed as "beloved by the public" often fall out of favour suddenly, like the odious Sharon Osbourne who was sold as being a popular household personality, on the cover of all the pulp magazines here. Yuck. Same with Cheryl Cole, The Beckhams, Katie Price, Coleen Nolan etc. The press build them up then knock them down.

"Our Cilla" would have come a cropper in this day and age of social media too but by the point it became widely known she was as fake a Jordan's tits she was a retired has-been.

R157 I wouldn't say the Brits here love Kim at all, she's like marmite. She gets respect for calling out people's bullshit but she lacks self-awareness.

by Anonymousreply 167May 23, 2023 11:24 PM

Seems like PS is trying to stem the flow of whatever else may come out.

by Anonymousreply 168May 23, 2023 11:25 PM

Just to add, Philip also does/did a bunch of annoying ads for "We Buy Any Car" and Lloyds etc so he was inescapable on ITV

by Anonymousreply 169May 23, 2023 11:40 PM

R167 Yet Claudia Winkleman still walks the earth.

by Anonymousreply 170May 23, 2023 11:50 PM

Just been watching a few of the clips featuring Matthew McGreevy, including his 'presenting showreel' where he interviews Philip and Jeez..... in the nicest possible way: Philip, you blew up your career and turned yourself into a national hate figure for that???? He's not even cheekily charming.

by Anonymousreply 171May 24, 2023 6:50 AM

Lady C has been tearing up Phil's ass for a days now in the most amusing ways. Such language m'lady.

by Anonymousreply 172May 24, 2023 7:01 AM

[quote]The Brits love her though and make excuses for her abhorrent behavior.

[quote][R157] I wouldn't say the Brits here love Kim at all, she's like marmite. She gets respect for calling out people's bullshit but she lacks self-awareness.

The recent videos of Kim Woodburn show how much she's loved - appearing on the alt right GB News which was recently punished by the broadcasting regulator for anti vaccine conspiracy shite.

Her cleaning show ended during the last Labour government, that was when she did I'm A Celebrity and she did Celebrity Big Brother 6 years ago which Coleen Nolan won and sparked the feud that Woodburn desperately kept going for airtime.

Yes there's a corner of gays on the internet who clap anyone "serving cunt" but Kim Woodburn aka "the woman from that cleaning show" is no more loved than shit sniffer Gillian McKeith or car park dweller India Willoughby.

by Anonymousreply 173May 24, 2023 7:05 AM

I listen to James O’Brien on LBC on the Global app live here in Australia at night as I cook dinner. Unlike the podcast version of his show, the ads I played live. I have come to recognise Phillip’s voice as it features in as many ads as David Tennant’s.

by Anonymousreply 174May 24, 2023 9:46 AM

Apparently his super injunction expires in August.

by Anonymousreply 175May 24, 2023 9:48 AM

[quote]I listen to James O’Brien on LBC on the Global app live here in Australia at night as I cook dinner.

Why would anyone want to listen to that posh and pompous dickhead telling stupid people how stupid they are?

by Anonymousreply 176May 24, 2023 10:32 AM

[quote] Yes there's a corner of gays on the internet who clap anyone "serving cunt" but Kim Woodburn aka "the woman from that cleaning show" is no more loved than shit sniffer Gillian McKeith or car park dweller India Willoughby.

The woke British gays are the worst when it comes to her. They are exactly as you described. It’s really bizarre. They never shut up about “bullying” and “bullying behavior” and then cheer this insane bitch.

by Anonymousreply 177May 24, 2023 10:50 AM

And Phillip Schofield's foray into paedo hunting has been reevaluated, James O'Brien never faced any censure for his role in promoting the fantasist claims of Carl Beach who was later convicted of perverting the course of justice and received an 18 year prison sentence.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178May 24, 2023 10:55 AM

R176 I listen to posh and pompous dickheads on DL all the time.

by Anonymousreply 179May 24, 2023 12:45 PM

I remember him from this. He took the lead over Jason Donovan in Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180May 24, 2023 12:54 PM

I remember him from the Yellow Pages ads! Looks like a nerd with the specs

by Anonymousreply 181May 24, 2023 2:25 PM

R169, don't forget that home delivery gin advert he's on.

by Anonymousreply 182May 24, 2023 6:37 PM

R182 that was awful too! That man must be worth a fortune shilling all the shit he can

by Anonymousreply 183May 24, 2023 8:20 PM

r164 Richard Madeley?

by Anonymousreply 184May 24, 2023 8:55 PM

I've not liked him since what he did to Kim Woodburn.

He's a nasty piece of work and he deserves all that's coming to him.

by Anonymousreply 185May 24, 2023 9:17 PM

Holly was a disappointment in real life; she just looked shocked that we dared say hello. It was so uncomfortable that I just kept talking, to fill in the cold silence coming from her. She didn't say one word. Nothing. Whereas someone like Kylie Minogue, Sharon and Kelly Osborne, Paul Ogrady, Simon Cowell and Ant and Dec were all very down to earth, warm and friendly. Its funny cos Ellen was eerily similar. I just felt embarrassed.

by Anonymousreply 186May 24, 2023 11:14 PM

R186 funny you say that, I met Kylie earlier this week and she was sooooo lovely and friendly.

by Anonymousreply 187May 25, 2023 1:20 AM

R186 when did you meet her?

by Anonymousreply 188May 25, 2023 6:22 AM

R25 and the other issue is the power imbalance, especially if the significantly older and well established pulled some strings and has your career in his palm.

by Anonymousreply 189May 25, 2023 7:06 AM

R189 But, if we made power imbalance in sexual relationships disqualifying to appear on British TV, we're going to have to replace a *lot* of British TV.

by Anonymousreply 190May 25, 2023 7:43 AM

Well, there's been a lot of gossip, much of it malicious, but I haven't seen any compelling proof that Schofield has acted illegally with an underage child (what he might have done with a researcher wouldn't be a legal question ofc).

Most importantly, unlike, oh let's just say.... Prince Andrew, he has no public accuser.

Perhaps it will come out but for the time being, what's happening to Schofield is pretty horrifying. Paedophilia is pretty much the worst libel you can aim at anyone and this obscenely stupid Precious Muir spent five minutes repeating this libel on GB News before admitting at the end that it was all 'rumours'. And the fuckwit of a host told her she was entitled to her opinion rather than, say, immediately ending the interview.

And any gay man should be super concerned, in the current climate of rising hostility towards the gay community, now that a prominent gay celebrity is being repeatedly smeared as a paedophile when most of the photos/'evidence' (at least that I've seen) point to some kind of relationship, maybe only professional, with a legal adult. Whether you think his conduct is immoral or not is obviously a different question.

by Anonymousreply 191May 25, 2023 7:52 AM

[quote]Well, there's been a lot of gossip, much of it malicious, but I haven't seen any compelling proof that Schofield has acted illegally with an underage child (what he might have done with a researcher wouldn't be a legal question ofc). Most importantly, unlike, oh let's just say.... Prince Andrew, he has no public accuser.

That's because he has an injunction to stop Matthew McGreevy selling his story.

[quote]And any gay man should be super concerned, in the current climate of rising hostility towards the gay community, now that a prominent gay celebrity is being repeatedly smeared as a paedophile when most of the photos/'evidence' (at least that I've seen) point to some kind of relationship, maybe only professional, with a legal adult. Whether you think his conduct is immoral or not is obviously a different question.

OH FUCK OFF. Schofield lived a double life and "did a Spacey"; he had a staged managed coming out interview as a PR exercise.

Schofield was a 50+ year old man having a relationship with a 17 year old. That's not illegal. It's not illegal that he knew this 17 year old when he was a much younger kid.

But where the "paedo" accusations really hurt Schofield was his testimony in court that his brother had told him he was sexually abusing a child and that Phillip S didn't inform the police when told. Why did Schofield's brother think Phillip would be interested in knowing what the teenager's body was like???

[quote]In a written statement, he said: “I was washing up and Tim was standing behind me and he said: ‘You are going to hate me for what I am about to say.’

[quote]“I said there was nothing he could say that would make me hate him. Then he said that he and [the boy] had time together and that last year they had watched porn … and [masturbated]. I turned and said: ‘What did you just say?’ He said it was last year and ‘we were alone together’. Tim said it was just this once. I told him it should never happen again.” The ITV star said he told his brother that he didn’t want to hear any more after Timothy began discussing the boy’s body, the court heard.

John Barrowman behaved appallingly on set, regularly getting his dick out and hitting people in the face with it, and it was a huge industry joke. When Hugo Spear did it on the set of The Full Monty tv show he was sacked and his character was written out.

There's been a variety of opinion on Jake Daniels starting a relationship with a man in his 40s when he was 17, but no one has (to my knowledge) called the older man a paedo or a groomer, and a 17 year old I'm old enough to remember the disapproval when BIllie Piper was dating Chris Evans when she was 17 and he was only 35. And no, his career didn't suffer and yes, people defended the relationship.

The death of Rolf Harris this week has reminded us that we have a track record in the UK of TV presenters with a wholesome public image who were nasty cunts behind the scenes. That has helped shaped the reaction to Schofield.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192May 25, 2023 8:28 AM

[quote] That's because he has an injunction to stop Matthew McGreevy selling his story.

Erm, mate, injunctions don't apply to the police. If McGreevy thinks he was groomed, he should get a lawyer. If he's so angry at Schofield then what's stopping him making a police complaint?

[quote] But where the "paedo" accusations really hurt Schofield was his testimony in court that his brother had told him he was sexually abusing a child and that Phillip S didn't inform the police when told.

Yup, and you'd better believe that a lot of people would do something similar if it was their brother. None of this justifies anything we've seen on TV or online over the last few days.

by Anonymousreply 193May 25, 2023 9:27 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194May 25, 2023 11:29 AM

From the Daily Mail article

[quote]Philip, 61, and Simon, 38, worked together during the early part of their careers and kept in close contact ever since.

From this Daily Mirror article in 2020

[quote]Phillip Schofield's close friendship with Simon Schofield for 20 years in pictures

[quote]Phillip Schofield has had to speak about his friendship with Simon Schofield after he was mistakenly speculated to be his boyfriend. The 58-year-old This Morning co-presenter shared a photo on his Instagram which showed he was out for a walk with 36-year-old singer and actor Simon, after lockdown restrictions were eased.

[quote]It is believed that Phillip and Simon first met when the stage producer was still a teenager.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195May 25, 2023 11:33 AM

"The look of love"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196May 25, 2023 11:35 AM

[quote] Yup, and you'd better believe that a lot of people would do something similar if it was their brother.

There no need to be actively obtuse.

Phillip Schofield is not a “lot of people”. He’s not a private figure who didn’t report his child abusing brother .

He is a light entertainment host who cultivated a harmless, genial persona and moral authority. He brandished a supposed list of Tory sex offenders at David Cameron. He hired, fired and legally gagged a man he had access to from age 10, mentored since age 12 and fucked as a teenager.

He was fired because that kind of behaviour from someone who chases fame and popularity is fucking stupid and him not reporting his brother was Phillip giving ITV enough rope.

And yes, if it was a straight man and a girl the outcry would be similar. It’s no longer the 70s.

by Anonymousreply 197May 25, 2023 8:05 PM

Caroline Flack and Harry Styles seemed to get away with it....

by Anonymousreply 198May 25, 2023 8:42 PM

With the exception of the people who called Caroline Flack a paedophile for dating a 17 year old when she was 31, she didn't experience any backlash for dating a 17 year old, and this proves it's homophobic that people are calling Phillp Schofield a paedophile for dating a 17 year old when he was 51.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199May 25, 2023 8:54 PM

Caroline Flack didn’t hire, fire and legally gag a man she had access to from age 10, mentored since age 12 and fucked as a teenager.

But you knew that.

by Anonymousreply 200May 26, 2023 4:29 AM

I bet Harry was like a rampant rabbit at 17, I vaguely remember how horny you are as a teen, along with depressed and anxious of course

by Anonymousreply 201May 26, 2023 7:23 AM

Oh R200 do I really have to make my posts mocking Schofield apologists more obvious???

by Anonymousreply 202May 26, 2023 7:33 AM

Phil has fessed up about the teen

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203May 26, 2023 5:53 PM

The Mail commenters are torn between glee at his stepping down from any further gigs and this sort of thing

[quote]Why does he need to tell anyone???

which they say whenever a gay person makes even the slightest allusion to their private life.

by Anonymousreply 204May 26, 2023 6:09 PM

I can't stand Wootton but this is interesting

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205May 26, 2023 6:15 PM

Now all of the straight men in the UK are calling him a nonce on twitter. Ffs. Give him a chance.

by Anonymousreply 206May 26, 2023 6:34 PM

R205 Wootton says HE quit ITV over the Schofield cover up!

He was previously a regular guest on Lorraine Kelly's tv chat show Lorraine starring Lorraine Kelly.

by Anonymousreply 207May 26, 2023 6:47 PM

On Dan Wootton - a friend who works at News Ltd knew him from his time at The Sun. He’d run into Dan in the lift or at work events. My friend went to Northwestern and out of solidarity would go into bat for Meghan Markle when Dan would emit one of his screeds. He took the ribbing in good humour. It is just a job for him, he is easy-going in IRL. Which makes his performative nastiness and lowest common denominator reporting even worse IMO and renders him a total whore.

OTOH his one word for Eamonn Holmes was AVOID. Piers Morgan can be nice but he is extremely loud and has trampolining mood swings.

by Anonymousreply 208May 26, 2023 7:37 PM

Eamonn Holmes is sticking the knife in

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209May 26, 2023 8:35 PM

I wonder did any of the people that partook in dragging Caroline Flack online feel any guilt when she died by suicide? Did they feel any responsibility? Or recognize that they had a contribution. I’m sure it’s the kind of thing that at some point in their lives they’ll ponder. Maybe not now but at a later stage when they’re in a more compassionate or empathetic time in their lives.

by Anonymousreply 210May 26, 2023 8:49 PM

Dan Wootten is being reminded of his sycophantic praise of Schofield.

[quote]Phillip Schofield and I have very publicly had our issues in the past. However, I only salute him for his brave decision to come out. That conversation - one of the most difficult a closeted man or woman can ever have - with Holly Willoughby this morning will change lives

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211May 26, 2023 8:50 PM

R191 For fuck's sake, do shut up. It's not homophobia to bring attention to predatory behavior. You are as insufferable as race-obsessed trolls who cry "racism" every time a famous black person does something disturbing and the media starts covering it.

And why are you treating this guy like a gay martyr? Someone who spent half a century in the closet who only came out because rumors were piling up? Get a hold of yourself.

by Anonymousreply 212May 26, 2023 9:32 PM

Concerned European has a very low threshold for noncing.

by Anonymousreply 213May 26, 2023 9:40 PM

Gordon told me everything.

by Anonymousreply 214May 27, 2023 12:04 AM

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

Phillip Schofield ADMITS cheating on his wife with young, male colleague who he first met when he was a teen - then lying to cover up the affair for years: Host quits ALL his ITV shows in disgrace but says fling was 'not illegal' in mea culpa statement EXCLUSIVE: Schofield has sensationally confessed to 'unwise' relationship He has been dropped by agent at YMU Group and will not host Soap Awards Read more: The two weeks that sealed Phillip Schofield's fate at This Morning

by Anonymousreply 215May 27, 2023 12:25 AM

Why does daytime TV make the absolute worst people famous? Phil, Holly, Eamonn, Ruth etc - repulsive central-casting suburbanites.

by Anonymousreply 216May 27, 2023 6:52 AM

R216 I guess you need a certain ruthlessness (pardon the 'pun'), arrogance and grandiosity to believe yourself good enough to interview all sorts of people, entertain millions daily and appear knowledgeable on a range of topics

by Anonymousreply 217May 27, 2023 8:05 AM

Eammon and Ruth started off their careers in regional TV news.

There was a lot of snobbery last year from SERIOUS journalists when it was announced Liz Truss had scheduled interviews with local radio news shows, rather than London based Westminster correspondents. It's almost the people working in regional news know their audiences well, know what issues their audiences were concerned about and asked those questions, resulting in one of many humiliations for Truss.

There's a current crop of TV presenters who started their careers in reality tv - Alison Hammond, Rylan, Stacey Solomon and Stacey Dooley - but they're all very competent at their jobs.

Alison Hammond was criticised for the interview with Rishi Sunak this week, she was either too sympathetic to him or too disrespectful. But she's a great presenter.

by Anonymousreply 218May 27, 2023 8:19 AM

Alison is good within a certain range (from what I've seen). She has a good, approachable personality and I don't get the impression she's a confrontational person. However, I've never seen her do a serious interview so can't comment on how much her ability has grown. I do get that people might struggle with her Brummie accent

by Anonymousreply 219May 27, 2023 9:13 AM

R216 I miss the days of Parky and Terry Wigan, the newer crop of presenters seem to be littered with arseholes

by Anonymousreply 220May 27, 2023 9:17 AM

Michael Parkinson was a borish misogynist. I never understood why he was hailed as a great.

by Anonymousreply 221May 27, 2023 9:22 AM

Ruth and Eamonn are the kind of people who’d invite you round so they could boast about their new hot tub.

by Anonymousreply 222May 27, 2023 9:26 AM

R221 Parky wasn't a showman who made the interview about him, the way Jonathan Ross or that idiot Corden do.

by Anonymousreply 223May 27, 2023 9:45 AM

Unwise, but not illegal

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224May 27, 2023 1:05 PM

Unwise, but not illegal

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225May 27, 2023 1:06 PM

Unwise, but not illegal

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226May 27, 2023 1:07 PM

“Unwise but not illegal” was just asking to become a meme.

by Anonymousreply 227May 27, 2023 5:12 PM

It reminds me of Jeremy Corbyn's "present but not involved" excuse as to why he attended a memorial service for the men who planned the Munich Olympics massacre. 4 words that summed up his leadership.

Holly has issued a statement saying she asked Phillip and he said he wasn't in a relationship with the boy. Not many people buying it.

by Anonymousreply 228May 27, 2023 5:49 PM

Holly released a very brief statement:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229May 27, 2023 6:27 PM

R229 eurgh those plastered on grins.

by Anonymousreply 230May 27, 2023 9:45 PM

This guy is trash. He’ll probably (and rightfully) off himself.

by Anonymousreply 231May 27, 2023 10:01 PM

Allison Hammond is very likeable and watchable. Ditto Rylan.

by Anonymousreply 232May 28, 2023 1:53 PM

r232 Ditto Dermot!

by Anonymousreply 233May 28, 2023 3:46 PM

R232 Rylan? Oookkkkkkkkkkkkkaaaaayyyyyyyyy........

by Anonymousreply 234May 28, 2023 3:50 PM

What's with the pedo defender in this thread?

by Anonymousreply 235May 28, 2023 4:00 PM

Dr Ranj has clarified his position.

He wasn't happy with bullying culture which wasn't just Phillip, he complained about the producer Martin Frizelll and found himself being used less, and then raised a complaint with the heads of ITV.

Who else will speak out?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 236May 28, 2023 4:36 PM

I wondered who that “1 million followers” guy was. A meathead, it turns out, but congrats for getting this scoop.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237May 28, 2023 5:43 PM

Rylan is a sweet dude.

Dan Wootten used to blame him quitting his former post on Meghan Markle. Now he’s blaming Phillip.

by Anonymousreply 238May 28, 2023 5:52 PM

R237 I'd suck that horny whore's pinga

by Anonymousreply 239May 28, 2023 6:22 PM

ITV morning tv has had some dreadful moments over the last 10 years.

Jeremy Kyle was appalling for years, inspiring Jennifer Saunders' Vivianne Vyle, and that was finally taken off air in 2019 when one of the people who appeared on it killed themselves.

This Morning regularly invited Katie Hopkins on to be as controversial as possible, which ramped up when ITV and Hopkins realised their "clips" were going viral.

And Good Morning Britain went down the same route with Piers Morgan, bringing on fame hungry gobshites to debate hot topics where Piers can tell them they're gobshites and the gobshites can get more followers. The best example of this was the "I'm literally a communist" woman who was nothing of the sort.

And that all came to a head when Piers was allowed to berate Meghan Markle week after week, until Alex Beresford stood up to him and challenged him on it very politely and very calmly.. And now they've got Richard Madeley to go viral with his dickhead interview style.

by Anonymousreply 240May 28, 2023 6:26 PM

R238 Rylan's ex-husband likely would have something to say about Rylan being "sweet." Rylan has admitted his marriage ended because he cheated on his now ex-husband. Rylan claims it was just once, but rumours suggests he had a difficult time keeping his legs unspread.

by Anonymousreply 241May 28, 2023 6:52 PM

Dame Edna was onto his shenanigans years ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 242May 28, 2023 7:16 PM

R242 that wasn't anything, she was just referring to this ridiculous pic. I'm sure she knew he was in a lavender marriage though

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243May 28, 2023 7:33 PM

I don't like Phillip and all the revelations that have come to light are disgusting, but bloody hell he's throwing a grenade at ITV. I think that know his career at ITV, and in broadcasting in general, was over and decided to release this statement because he knew he had nothing to lose, it was going to come out anyways and it would cause massive issues for ITV. It seems likely Holly is going to be pushed out now, probably a number executives will be forced to resign, and now there's talk This Morning may be completely reformatted to a new show.

by Anonymousreply 244May 29, 2023 4:47 AM

Holly is basically Jennifer Aniston In The Morning Show.

She isn't responsible for Schofield/Steve Carell's behaviour but there are questions of whether she enabled it or was complicit in covering in protecting him.

Curious that The Sun has reported advertisers are withdrawing from the show, seeing as that was what eventually brought down the News Of The World after the phone hacking/Milly Dowler scandal. Probably more wishful thinking on The Sun's part.

If the execs at ITV try and shift the blame from themselves on to Holly then she'll have quite the platform to let rip, and she already won her case against her former agents after she dared to leave them.

by Anonymousreply 245May 29, 2023 5:02 AM

Can't believe I'm watching for the drama.

by Anonymousreply 246May 29, 2023 8:57 AM

Dermot looks VERY tired.

by Anonymousreply 247May 29, 2023 8:59 AM

The BBC have a live blog. They must be relieved it's not them under scrutiny.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248May 29, 2023 9:03 AM

Things would truly come full-circle if Kerry Katona became Phillip's replacement

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 249May 29, 2023 9:39 AM

It did amuse me that there was an advert for the health food shop with Dr Ranj during one of the breaks.

by Anonymousreply 250May 29, 2023 10:01 AM

Schofe has taken to his Insta stories to vent about vicious coworkers accusing him of toxicity.

“Now I no longer work on This Morning I am free to say this. I hope you have noticed that it’s the same handful of people against me or the show who seem to have the largest voice.

“This Morning IS the best show to work on with the best people. In all the years I worked there was no toxicity: you can listen to those voice persistently loud voices if you like.

“But thousands of guests over the years, thousands of staff and crew; hundreds of or renters and contributors all know it IS a family of wonderful, talented; kind, hard working people.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 251May 29, 2023 10:16 AM

FIREWORKS INCOMING!

Eammon is giving Dan Wootton an exclusive interview at 9pm on GB News.

by Anonymousreply 252May 29, 2023 4:37 PM

Did anyone like working with Phil except Holly?

by Anonymousreply 253May 29, 2023 6:51 PM

While I think Lady C is a loon and just a much as an egotist as Phillip, she has been talking about what an asshole Phillip is and hinting at his affair with a much younger man since 2020. This affair was well-known no matter how ITV tries to pretend otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 254May 29, 2023 9:44 PM

I tried to watch GB News for Eamonn/Eammon/Gammon Holmes but they filled it with some much crap it really is like a parody of a perpetually outraged bunch of clowns.

by Anonymousreply 255May 30, 2023 7:51 AM

Eamonn said the lad who was groomed by Schofield was likeable and talented. He also said that even before he was moved to Loose Women, he was "in a bad way", very fragile, and always in need of money.

by Anonymousreply 256May 30, 2023 10:43 AM

What did he need money for, was it an unpaid internship?

by Anonymousreply 257May 30, 2023 11:22 AM

I didn't really understand that bit, R257. I thought it was a paid position.

by Anonymousreply 258May 30, 2023 11:47 AM

If it had been an internship it would have made more sense. Television is saturated with young people who get jobs through family connections, most of whom can afford to work unpaid.

It would be quite normal if Schofield had introduced the boy as the son of a friend who wants some work experience.

by Anonymousreply 259May 30, 2023 12:31 PM

Eamonn/Eammon/Gammon's interview is worth a watch, but god Wootton is a poor interviewer.

Aside from the seething resentment of Schofield there does appear to be a genuine concern for Matthew McGreevy's wellbeing that he shares with Ruth. Would the need for money have been a drug problem?

Now I want to know who was the solitary Loose Woman who liked Schofield is. Probably Colleen Nolan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260May 30, 2023 1:53 PM

And Dr Ranj has made a statement after an old tweet from 2017 resurfaced when he posed with 21 year old McGreevy, calling him a resident stud.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261May 30, 2023 2:03 PM

[quote]Eamonn/Eammon/Gammon's interview is worth a watch

This isn't Twitter - you're allowed to speak favourably of content that features an older white man without having to apologise for doing so.

by Anonymousreply 262May 30, 2023 3:33 PM

I'm easily amused.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 263May 30, 2023 7:01 PM

To think that Phillip ended John Taylor's 4 year reign as Most Fanciable Male as voted by Smash Hits readers.

Even the Royal Family have had enough, and they've got a long history of tolerating nonces.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264May 30, 2023 7:23 PM

Daily Mail now reporting that McGreevy was given a pay off by ITV.

Drip drip drip drip GUSHHHHH

by Anonymousreply 265May 30, 2023 7:41 PM

Eamonn implied that McGreevey turned to drugs.

by Anonymousreply 266May 31, 2023 4:02 AM

^ and is apparently autistic? Which kind of makes things worse.

by Anonymousreply 267May 31, 2023 10:59 AM

Did Eamonn say what caused their falling out?

by Anonymousreply 268May 31, 2023 11:23 AM

I didn’t watch (Wootten’s voice drives me batty) but Eamonn is actually mad about his treatment of Ruth. She filed an official complaint against Phil. Either for bullying of some kind or for interrupting her during a live cross.

by Anonymousreply 269May 31, 2023 11:36 AM

Thanks R269

by Anonymousreply 270May 31, 2023 11:58 AM

Question about the Westminster Hall queue humping: I heard one commentator posit that Holly first fell out Phil over viewing the Queen lying in State. Why? They both did it, why would he (or conversely she, maybe Phil is mad at Holly about it?) be more responsible for it?

I know a lot of actual reporters were present at the viewing because they were, well, reporting from the scene. The general public got really mad at them for queue jumping while fellow celebrities like David Beckham queued. Is it because Phil and Holly are light entertainment morning presenters and not proper journos?

by Anonymousreply 271May 31, 2023 3:15 PM

R271 not sure about your question but as no footage of the Queen dead would have been broadcast on their show, their spin that they jumped the queue as they were there for work was met with scorn. It's not like the needed to view HM in order to present a segment on their show.

At a guess, the stress of the understandable criticism caused tension between them. I'm also guessing things were already going tits up between them and this was made into a story to account for that.

by Anonymousreply 272May 31, 2023 4:44 PM

The bizarre thing about the Queen coffin visit was that journalists were being brought in regularly to one of the platforms so they could experience the "experience". They didn't need to join the queue and walk past for "the experience".

ITV newsreader Mary Nightingale was also with Phil and Holly but that didn't get widely reported.

And as Eamonn said, "where's the film?". Reminds me of the time Nessa said to Pete Townsend "Where is the book?"

by Anonymousreply 273May 31, 2023 6:45 PM

WORLD EXCLUSIVE: Phil's given an interview to TheSun. Very dramatic, especially the pause after one day....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 274June 1, 2023 8:58 PM

R274's link is quite painful to watch. He's a broken man. He's brought it all on himself, though.

by Anonymousreply 275June 1, 2023 10:58 PM

R275 I agree. Unless proven otherwise I do think it's poisonous to label someone a groomer without form evidence. I will admit my perspective on him is coloured by the speculation that he's not that nice behind the scenes, but really how do we know that?

He did deserve to lose his job because, as many others have said, he was in a position of power and shouldn't have been so stupid and irresponsible.

That said, unless the guy comes out and says otherwise I'm going to give Philip the benefit of the doubt and conclude he was a horny old fool with no sinister intent.

I think the wider problem is all the shit that gets covered up and ignored. ITV would have swept this under the carpet if they hadn't been held to account by the scandal.

by Anonymousreply 276June 2, 2023 12:35 AM

Watching the Schofield interview on the BBC with Amol Rajan and I'm impressed with Rajan's directness.

It's strange, when I listened to it without watching I didn't believe him, yet he was more sympathetic with the visual, looking haggard.

Scofield says he is paying for the lawyers for the boy which makes me think hmmm

by Anonymousreply 277June 2, 2023 4:46 PM

Very tacky of him to bring up Caroline Flack, I thought.

by Anonymousreply 278June 2, 2023 5:54 PM

Sad end to a career

by Anonymousreply 279June 2, 2023 6:15 PM

"PHIL'S HEARTBREAK Tender moment devastated Phillip Schofield comforts his mum as he gives her the news of his This Morning sacking"

Fucking hell, could you make a paparazzi shot look less staged?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 280June 3, 2023 8:41 PM

The tide seems to be turning in the British media following Schofield's BBC interview. There's more sympathy for him now, I think.

by Anonymousreply 281June 3, 2023 8:45 PM

It does seem like a bit of a pile-on at this point. Like retribution from his former colleagues to avenge past wrongs. I get that the guy was a total hypocrite, and difficult to work with behind the scenes, hence the enemies now piling on. But it is a bit much - and like Rupert Everett said yesterday, is veering into the area of barely hidden homophobia.

Many older execs and frontline talent in TV have flings with younger women who work at the studios, behind the camera. It's common - look at the Today show in the US for years, look at CNN, Fox News, etc. Nothing new, no one screams about "grooming". The young man in this situation was fully legal when the relationship began, knowing of him as a minor isn't a crime or even unethical. The gay aspect here seems to an issue.

by Anonymousreply 282June 3, 2023 9:05 PM

[quote]The gay aspect here seems to an issue.

It's the nature of the relationship, not the sex of the people involved.

When Caroline Flack dated Harry Styles she was 31 and he was 17. He was a contestant on a tv show and came 3rd. she was the co-host of spin off show who interviewed him a couple of times There was no power imbalance. If she'd been in the Simon Cowell role then yes it would have been creepy.

Aaron Johnson started dating Sam Taylor Wood after she directed him in a movie when he was 18 and she was 42. That was in the late 00s, and if that happened now it would be viewed differently.

The age gap with Tom Daley and the Milk guy wasn't considered odd because Daley was successful in his own right.

Schofield was one of the highest paid stars in tv, he helped the boy get a job on the show, helped him with his career. He was in a position of authority. That is why it's being treated differently .

by Anonymousreply 283June 3, 2023 9:17 PM

And he’s still paying the kids legal bills now…

by Anonymousreply 284June 7, 2023 5:02 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!