Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Single White Female movie

The previous thread got closed but wanted to carry on our chat about this movie, having just rewatched it.

So there were comments on the last thread that Allie was also to blame as she was making Hedy move out after she and Sam reconciled, but she was actually prepared to move out and let Hedy keep the apartment. She and Sam were coming back from an apartment viewing when they saw the pup had died.

Anyone else enjoy this "Yuppie In Peril" movie?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24April 19, 2023 9:21 PM

Bump for Steven Weber's fellated cock

by Anonymousreply 1April 16, 2023 10:29 PM

No one?

by Anonymousreply 2April 17, 2023 9:20 PM

I love this one. JJL is great and DL fave Bridget Fonda is good, too

by Anonymousreply 3April 17, 2023 9:31 PM

the shoe

by Anonymousreply 4April 17, 2023 9:32 PM

It's very entertaining. I'll stop to watch any time I see it on. I loved all those [fill in the blank] from hell movies of the 80s and 90s:

Fatal Attraction (mistress from hell)

Pacific Heights (tenant from hell)

Unlawful Entry (cop from hell)

The Hand That Rocks The Cradle (nanny from hell)

The Temp (secretary from hell)

The Crush (jailbait from hell)

by Anonymousreply 5April 17, 2023 9:33 PM

Very fun, sleazy and ridiculous

by Anonymousreply 6April 17, 2023 9:51 PM

I wanted to carry on the previous thread, it was recent but closed :(

by Anonymousreply 7April 17, 2023 9:56 PM

Hedy worked in the Rizzoli bookstore on West Broadway in Soho, part-time? A bougie store that paid their staff minimum wage. The girls lived on the UWS in the Ansonia.

by Anonymousreply 8April 17, 2023 9:59 PM

R8 having recently rewatched it, Hedy gets a regular cheque from her parents which she collects from a PO box. When the dad calls he threatens to cut her off if she doesn't speak to them

by Anonymousreply 9April 17, 2023 10:03 PM

Hedy had plenty of money as she basically copied Allie's designer wardrobe (and tosses it all in the incinerator)

by Anonymousreply 10April 17, 2023 10:08 PM

Groovy NYC lifestyle. Shopping for clothes in Soho, clubbing in the Meatpacking district and living on the UWS in a pre-war apartment.

by Anonymousreply 11April 17, 2023 10:10 PM

At first I thought she'd killed the neighbor and his cat 😺

by Anonymousreply 12April 17, 2023 10:19 PM

Did you happen to know that Bridget Fonda is now obese?

by Anonymousreply 13April 17, 2023 10:24 PM

Yes, but she is allowed to be a fatass in her personal life.

Basically, she's being stalked by perverts who can't let shit go.

She's unrecognizable from the lithe, SWF she played decades ago! Who but a stalking idiot would recognize her?

by Anonymousreply 14April 17, 2023 10:29 PM

Anyone remember the unintentionally hilarious finale where Allie swings down like an acrobat to stab Hedy in the back?

by Anonymousreply 15April 18, 2023 8:20 PM

I love that Hedy was the diminutive for Hedra.

by Anonymousreply 16April 18, 2023 8:44 PM

Why was she wanking with the door open?

by Anonymousreply 17April 18, 2023 10:44 PM

Imagine if Sam had a bad case of the farts before she showed up and snuck under the blankets..

by Anonymousreply 18April 18, 2023 10:46 PM

R17 to prove she is a disturbed person

by Anonymousreply 19April 18, 2023 10:49 PM

Did she really chuck the puppy or was it an accident?

by Anonymousreply 20April 19, 2023 6:38 AM

She chucked it.

by Anonymousreply 21April 19, 2023 8:45 AM

It was an accident! He fell. It was Sam's fault!

by Anonymousreply 22April 19, 2023 7:41 PM

JJL gave another weird mumbley performance but at least she does weird and mumbley well. Fonda was painfully thin but chic. Weber was HOT! I remember lots of unintentional laughter when I saw it in the theatre.

by Anonymousreply 23April 19, 2023 9:04 PM

R23 I laughed at the way Allie suddenly appeared trussed up Luke a chicken while Heda pranced around showing off her dye-job

by Anonymousreply 24April 19, 2023 9:21 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!