Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Bridget Fonda unrecognizable during rare outing 20 years after quitting acting.

Bridget Fonda looked unrecognizable as the reclusive actress made a rare outing more than 20 years after quitting Hollywood.

The “Jackie Brown” star — who was last seen in September 2022 — was spotted in Los Angeles on Friday while running errands at a landscaping supply store.

She kept her look casual for the outing, wearing an oversized white sweater, a pair of black capri pants and blue sneakers.

Fonda, 59, completed her comfy look by wearing her hair up in a messy ponytail.

Before the former Hollywood star’s last public appearance in the fall, she had been photographed in January 2022 — on her 58th birthday — for the first time in 12 years.

At the time, Fonda went make-up free as she wore a black-and-white-striped jersey top and black sweatpants. Fans were shocked to see the once-svelte and glamorous star looking much different from her days as an actress.

Fonda reportedly left Hollywood in the early 2000s after getting into a bad car accident, in which she suffered a fractured back.

In 2003, she tied the knot with former Oingo Boingo frontman, Danny Elfman, and a year later, the two began expanding their family.

They welcomed their son, Oliver, now 18, in 2004. Elfman is also dad two daughters, Lola and Mali, from his previous marriage to Geri Eisenmenger.

Fonda’s biggest movie role was as the lead in the 1992 thriller “Single White Female.” She also starred in “The Godfather Part III,” “Singles,” “Point of No Return,” “It Could Happen to You” and “Jackie Brown.” Her last role was in 2002 for a TV film called “Snow Queen.”

She is also part of the famous Fonda acting lineage, which includes her grandfather, Oscar-winning actor Henry Fonda (who died in 1982), her father, “Easy Rider” star Peter Fonda (who died in 2019), and her aunt, actress Jane Fonda, 85.

In 1993, Bridget got candid about how coming from an infamous family affected her career.

“I wonder what kind of satisfaction I would have with where I am now if I wasn’t part of a family that has done such phenomenal work,” she told Movieline at the time. “I wonder what it would feel like to know that you’ve made it completely under your own steam.

“I sometimes wonder if I would be more at peace if I could know I made it by myself, instead of always wondering how many times my name got me in the door.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 360May 23, 2024 11:51 AM

Looks like Roseanne Barr.

by Anonymousreply 1April 15, 2023 9:48 PM

Wow! I mean, yes we all get old, but... wow!

by Anonymousreply 2April 15, 2023 9:49 PM

She looks a little better now than when we discussed this a few months ago.

by Anonymousreply 3April 15, 2023 9:50 PM

Single White Female.

by Anonymousreply 4April 15, 2023 9:51 PM

Her daughter, Jane Fonda, looks better.

by Anonymousreply 5April 15, 2023 9:54 PM

I want her to be happy. I wish she looked just a bit better than she does.

by Anonymousreply 6April 15, 2023 9:55 PM

Single White Female, with cats!

by Anonymousreply 7April 15, 2023 9:58 PM

LEAVE BRIDGET ALONE!

Seriously though. Not necessarily this site, but the paparazzi. People age. They gain weight.

[quote] "I want her to be happy. I wish she looked just a bit better than she does."

Same.

by Anonymousreply 8April 15, 2023 9:58 PM

You go, gurl!

by Anonymousreply 9April 15, 2023 10:01 PM

That must be her grandmother.

by Anonymousreply 10April 15, 2023 10:02 PM

she didn't even dye her hair.

by Anonymousreply 11April 15, 2023 10:02 PM

This makes me feel better about being middle aged. Thanks Bridget!

by Anonymousreply 12April 15, 2023 10:03 PM

God, please let me die before I'm 50!

by Anonymousreply 13April 15, 2023 10:04 PM

Oh Bridget, why?

by Anonymousreply 14April 15, 2023 10:11 PM

The media needs to fuck off and leave her alone.

by Anonymousreply 15April 15, 2023 10:16 PM

The striped t-shirt under the sweater is the same one she was papped wearing the last two times.

I’m guessing depression/mental health issues

by Anonymousreply 16April 15, 2023 10:17 PM

Psych meds weight?

Middle finger to years of career-driven sel-starvation?

Untreated hypothyroidism?

Strategic turn-off of the fugly husband?

by Anonymousreply 17April 15, 2023 10:18 PM

^ self-starvation.

by Anonymousreply 18April 15, 2023 10:19 PM

Is this thread from the Bridget Fonda troll again? Maybe not, otherwise we would have seen weird posts regarding how normal Danny Elfman is.

Bridget looks like your average middle-aged empty-nester. Maybe she really wants to be unrecognizable and lead an ordinary kind of life.

by Anonymousreply 19April 15, 2023 10:28 PM

Bridget and dad Peter always seemed like the only likeable Fondas. Bridget had a wonderfully restrained style, and I miss her in movies.

Come back, Bridge!

by Anonymousreply 20April 15, 2023 10:28 PM

Let's think of a great comeback vehicle for her.

by Anonymousreply 21April 15, 2023 10:32 PM

So when people have broken backs they tend to require meds to not suffer from the pain, such as muscle relaxants, corticosteroids (causes exponential weight gain) and cannabis (appetite stimulant, although there are cultivars with thcv that cause weight loss). She doesn’t seem to be having a genetic predisposition to getting obese ( it’s also possible her Scandinavian ancestry made her calorically efficient), because Henry, Jane and Peter were/are skinny af. Both Jane and Peter were and are participating in, as the dl expression goes, smoking copious amounts of pot. They stayed skinny . So my vote is corticosteroids. Fuck that moon face shit that the person is subjected to.

I’m in my 50s and super skinny. But im a hippie that grows my own organic food and has never had to take corticosteroids .So I’m also not exposed to hormone ridden food. There are American agricultural techniques that cause cattle to grow quickly (estrogen implants) that are not allowed in Europe so people are not obese as much there. Maybe it’s additionally different for people with a genetic predisposition to weight gain such as people with desert ancestry such as native Americans and people with ancestry from some areas of Africa and Central America . If people with ancestry from deserts and other places (very cold climates, and Fonda is a Scandinavian name ) with food scarcity during significant periods of each year due to climate, people adapted for thousands of years to calorie restriction and it’s hard to go against that in one little generation.

human beings with something called hemochromatosis is another example of incidental selection for people that can survive with variation of iron storage . In another environment, they die. That’s why i never judge obese people. I also found out that women can gain fat cells when they have a kid, otherwise they only get more fat cells at the same time men do, in infancy and teenage years. Food choice plus genes are working together.

by Anonymousreply 22April 15, 2023 10:48 PM

[quote]Let's think of a great comeback vehicle for her.

A mobility scooter?

by Anonymousreply 23April 15, 2023 10:53 PM

Give her yours r23.

by Anonymousreply 24April 15, 2023 10:55 PM

She's almost 80. She looks hood.

by Anonymousreply 25April 15, 2023 10:55 PM

[quote]Let's think of a great comeback vehicle for her.

Ms. Moby Dick - Single White Whale

by Anonymousreply 26April 15, 2023 10:58 PM

Some of you really need to pick a lane. You complain about actresses who get too much work done. You complain about actresses who let themselves go. They can't win. At least in Bridget's case, she has stayed out of the spotlight.

by Anonymousreply 27April 15, 2023 11:03 PM

The Fondas are of Italian-Dutch origin, not Scandinavian. For r22.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28April 15, 2023 11:04 PM

When she was younger, she resembled her mother.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29April 15, 2023 11:08 PM

She looks like someone who be a host at a campground. “Bridge, where’s the firewood?”

by Anonymousreply 30April 15, 2023 11:19 PM

[quote]she has stayed out of the spotlight.

More like eclipsed it.

by Anonymousreply 31April 15, 2023 11:27 PM

Fat actress.

by Anonymousreply 32April 15, 2023 11:39 PM

She's not even acting anymore. Leave her alone

by Anonymousreply 33April 15, 2023 11:42 PM

Celebrities are not supposed to age so that's why this is considered such a big deal. It isn't. People get older. It's natural. But being from a show biz family and being an actress herself I guess people think she should look the way she did at age 25. She's 59. She obviously doesn't give a about trying to look decades younger. Good for her. Good for her!

Some trivia: she was named after Bridget Hayward, the youngest daughter of Leland Hayward and Margret Sullivan. Bridget Hayward committed suicide at age 21. Her mother Margaret Sullivan also committed suicide. So did her brother Bill. The saga of the incredibly crazy Hayward family is chronicled in "Haywire" a memoir by Brooke Hayward, the only member of that doomed family that still survives.

by Anonymousreply 34April 15, 2023 11:46 PM

Henry Fonda still smokes pot, R22?

by Anonymousreply 35April 15, 2023 11:48 PM

Maybe she rarely goes out because people keep taking her fucking picture.

by Anonymousreply 36April 15, 2023 11:50 PM

She looks like my sixty-something Frau Mum who has a dicky thyroid. A normal middle-aged woman.

Peoples' perceptions about physical age and entropy are so sadly warped.

by Anonymousreply 37April 16, 2023 12:06 AM

I hope she has a nice life at least.

by Anonymousreply 38April 16, 2023 12:07 AM

[quote] Celebrities are not supposed to age so that's why this is considered such a big deal. It isn't. People get older. It's natural

This isn’t “natural real life aging” though. Yes, we have to be much easier on Middle aged women who have gained some weight; gotten softer, thicker in the middle, cellulite and overall have “non perfect bodies” and can’t fight nature - but this goes so far and beyond that and no I don’t think you can go from what she was to THAT without something being very amiss mentally, physically or both. People seriously can’t think in any kind of nuanced fashion anymore it’s ridiculous. How does one not understand the difference?

by Anonymousreply 39April 16, 2023 12:17 AM

She gave up on everything, thats seems to be the whole problem in a nut shell.

by Anonymousreply 40April 16, 2023 12:39 AM

[quote] At least in Bridget's case, she has stayed out of the spotlight.

Because the Bat Signal isn’t available.

by Anonymousreply 41April 16, 2023 12:39 AM

She be phat!_

by Anonymousreply 42April 16, 2023 12:42 AM

Our favorite abused wife!

by Anonymousreply 43April 16, 2023 12:43 AM

Agree with R39, and she is 59, not "almost 80," That weight on a small frame is going to cause big problems in a few years. Cortosteroids are misery, if she's taking them.

by Anonymousreply 44April 16, 2023 12:49 AM

Ugh, there she goes again. Calling the paps to alert them to her presence. She's as shameless as a Kardashian. 🙄

Kidding aside, this reminds me of what Bryce Dallas Howard looked like after giving birth and people were saying "oh god, her career is over, she'll never get her body back, she's done". And that was before 3 Jurassic Park films where she was skinny and stunning.

I don't think Bridget is ever going to be the bikini bombshell she was in Jackie Brown again (and that's ok) but if she lost the weight, I think Hollywood would welcome her back with open arms.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45April 16, 2023 12:52 AM

I feel bad for her but nobody would be as shocked if we had known her first as a fat older lady and then saw her pictures as a young starlet. Still, it's kind of unbelievable.

by Anonymousreply 46April 16, 2023 12:58 AM

The lovemaking with her husband must involve bourbon and blackmail.

by Anonymousreply 47April 16, 2023 1:03 AM

Those posts about her must get a lot of clicks. Why else would they keep seeking her out to photograph?

by Anonymousreply 48April 16, 2023 2:01 AM

She's still a big deal.

But in a more literal way.

by Anonymousreply 49April 16, 2023 2:04 AM

Back injuries created a lifetime of problems.

She likely is very limited in terms of exercise.

And you know what? I bet she’s a lot happier than many of these skinny bitches who think bone broth is a heavy meal.

by Anonymousreply 50April 16, 2023 2:08 AM

I still think being married to that creepy Danny elf 🧝 had to really fuck her up . He never mentions her on his Instagram

by Anonymousreply 51April 16, 2023 2:25 AM

She could've starred in the Golda Meir biopic.

by Anonymousreply 52April 16, 2023 2:26 AM

Ugh. Please. Leave her be!

She could have a medical condition and takes steroids. She could have Diabetes. There's a myriad of possibilities.

NO ONE WANTS TO GET FAT!!!

by Anonymousreply 53April 16, 2023 2:34 AM

R53 - Auntie Jane with two fingers down her throat.

by Anonymousreply 54April 16, 2023 2:39 AM

What is up with the DM these days, where the story originated from? They stalk actors who we haven’t seen in years who have either gained weight or got old. All these dumb nepo baby articles. TikTok nutritionists on what you shouldn’t be eating. Home flippers that do the work themselves. And very badly disguised ads for Netflix shows. Not to mention the real ads. It’s like 60% of their site now.

by Anonymousreply 55April 16, 2023 2:43 AM

I wish the paparazzi would leave her the fuck alone. It’s cruel.

by Anonymousreply 56April 16, 2023 2:47 AM

This is not the picture of an average middle aged woman who gained weight. Looking at the pictures of BF, it's obvious there is zero self care happening. Her hair is unwashed, unbrushed and she looks disheveled. Compare her to Pierce Brosnan's wife who has gained a substaintial amount of weight over the years but still has good grooming and is well dressed. BF looks one step away from being homeless. I suspect mental health issues and hope she is getting good care.

by Anonymousreply 57April 16, 2023 2:58 AM

Agree with mental health issues assessment. Hope she’s getting help.

by Anonymousreply 58April 16, 2023 3:07 AM

R57 exactly. I don’t know how people don’t appreciate the very significant difference.

by Anonymousreply 59April 16, 2023 3:10 AM

Considering the midlife crisis Danny Elfman seemed to be going through in 2022, with new tattoos and crazy new performances and body building vibes, me thinks he and sweet Bridget are married on paper only -- and probably have been for years and years.

Exhibit A: A couple years ago I noticed that they were selling a pair of his/hers neighboring homes in Hancock Park, LA. The listing made it sound cool and romantic - "Danny bought his bride her own home right next door so that she could have fun getting creative and putting her own design stamp on a house!" They were spinning it like it was this cool creative fun idea to buy this second house and decorate it, and have it there for guests or business meetings. But dude, it was SO her separate private residence.

Then, after both of those homes were sold in 2021, they turned around and bought two side-by-side homes in Encino.

Exhibit B: Elfman went on a very public tattoo rampage all through 2022, began playing concerts shirtless, and started posting selfies and thirst traps like some manic, perimenopausal, freshly divorced middle-aged frau who just entered her second adolescence, is determined to get her groove back, and has, after listening to pop radio her whole live, has just discovered the Cure. And she and her goth niece, have started going thrifting at Goodwill and Salvation Army every Saturday, and she is documenting her journey of self-empowerment and wants the world to see that she's not just surviving, but fucking T H R I V I N G god dammit

There is simply no way this version of Bridget Fonda and midlife crisis body-obsessed Danny Elfman are a real couple

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60April 16, 2023 3:12 AM

God, he's scary looking.

by Anonymousreply 61April 16, 2023 3:16 AM

Wow R60 I really did not need to see that pic.

by Anonymousreply 62April 16, 2023 3:25 AM

DAILY MAIL SPEAK: "The beloved 90s bombshell wore her silver locks scraped back into a chic messy bun, and wore a casual, cheekily baggy ensemble as she strolled around town doing some light shopping"

TRANSLATION: "This fat grotesque oddity used to be a skinny, hot actress. Now she looks like a diabetes-riddled grandma bag lady. It's gonna blow your total mind when you see these pix. Remember how cute she used to be? Come, click on these pix. You gotta see how bad she looks now. It's so funny! Oh, and let's all pretend we aren't making fun of her. We will pretend to simply be observing and sharing a famous woman out running errands, and then you guys can go to town laughing and judging these hilariously embarrassing photos. "

by Anonymousreply 63April 16, 2023 3:26 AM

A Bridget Too Far.

by Anonymousreply 64April 16, 2023 3:28 AM

Maybe aunt Jane can lend her a workout tape or 10.

by Anonymousreply 65April 16, 2023 3:30 AM

Nailed it R63. The Daily Fail can go to Hell.

by Anonymousreply 66April 16, 2023 3:33 AM

I think our own D Rochelle is in the NY Post comment section!

by Anonymousreply 67April 16, 2023 3:45 AM

I kind of love how protective of Bridget Fonda, most of the posters here are. Usually, they just come out to make mean and snarky remarks. But people are being genuinely kind. She must be more beloved than I realized.

Or maybe you're all just high.

by Anonymousreply 68April 16, 2023 4:05 AM

We’ve had so many “unrecognizable Bridget Fonda” threads that by now I’m pretty used to her looking like this.

by Anonymousreply 69April 16, 2023 4:13 AM

[quote] This isn’t “natural real life aging” though. Yes, we have to be much easier on Middle aged women who have gained some weight; gotten softer, thicker in the middle, cellulite and overall have “non perfect bodies” and can’t fight nature - but this goes so far and beyond that and no I don’t think you can go from what she was to THAT without something being very amiss mentally, physically or both. People seriously can’t think in any kind of nuanced fashion anymore it’s ridiculous. How does one not understand the difference?

I get the feeling that you think that since she was a celebrity she should have at least done what celebrities do in order to look youthful: have lots of plastic surgery and bleach or dye their hair and never venture outside without out full makeup and hair styling and designer clothes. She didn't go that route. You seem to think she must be mentally ill or something. For looking like an aging woman? That's pretty fucked up.

by Anonymousreply 70April 16, 2023 4:18 AM

R68 those are posts by overweight fraus. The same women are also saying she looks like a normal 50 year old,

Obesity isn’t normal.

by Anonymousreply 71April 16, 2023 4:18 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72April 16, 2023 4:20 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73April 16, 2023 4:20 AM

Can she not use filters when she goes out, so she doesn't look so bad.

by Anonymousreply 74April 16, 2023 4:26 AM

R70 again, I’m not understanding how you could possibly get that from what I’m saying. I’m not comparing her to Nicole Kidman , I’m comparing her to people like…my 75 year old mother - a pretty “normal aging woman” who takes decent care of herself but doesn’t have a huge amount of money and doesn’t really give her appearance more than a few moments thought. And she was never as pretty or skinny as Bridget Fonda. It’s sad because something is clearly not right with her - this isn’t a case of “I finally stopped starving myself and I couldn’t be more content.”

This is so not hard to comprehend.

by Anonymousreply 75April 16, 2023 4:50 AM

[quote][R68] those are posts by overweight fraus. The same women are also saying she looks like a normal 50 year old,

No, I think it's more likely that you're Just a bitter asshole. 🤗

by Anonymousreply 76April 16, 2023 4:53 AM

[quote] Obesity isn’t normal.

You're the one who doesn't sound "normal." You sound pretty fucked up.

by Anonymousreply 77April 16, 2023 5:39 AM

The white Lizzo.

by Anonymousreply 78April 16, 2023 5:41 AM

[quote] What is up with the DM these days, where the story originated from?

These are new photos. A new sighting.

by Anonymousreply 79April 16, 2023 5:44 AM

Single Whale Female.

by Anonymousreply 80April 16, 2023 5:45 AM

[quote]She looks a little better now than when we discussed this a few months ago.

Well, it looks like she lost a little weight but her face looks more haggard. Can't decide which is better.

by Anonymousreply 81April 16, 2023 5:51 AM

I searched this thread for "obesity' before asking how poor Bridget's night and day transformation occurred, hoping a scientific type might explain what happened to her biologically. And, yes, smarmy jerks, she ate a lot.

by Anonymousreply 82April 16, 2023 6:08 AM

This is what happens after many years of narcissistic abuse. I 100% believe that she is in a narcissistic abusive relationship with her husband. I speak from personal experience. You just stop caring about anything. It's hard to come back from that.

by Anonymousreply 83April 16, 2023 6:13 AM

R60, Danny looks downright demonic in that pic . His eyes are terrifying

by Anonymousreply 84April 16, 2023 6:18 AM

Bridget ate Jane Fonda as if she were a tiny little Buffalo-flavored drumstick.

by Anonymousreply 85April 16, 2023 6:19 AM

[quote] This is what happens after many years of narcissistic abuse.

You don't know anything about her life, you insane twat. Shut the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 86April 16, 2023 6:20 AM

I think Elfman is cruel

by Anonymousreply 87April 16, 2023 6:24 AM

[QUOTE]100% believe that she is in a narcissistic abusive relationship with her husband. I speak from personal experience

Can you provide any empirical evidence aside from your perspective, either hers or someone in her environment who could actually speak to her experience?

by Anonymousreply 88April 16, 2023 6:26 AM

No Single White Female anymore. She's a deep-fried, tempura-battered woman now.

by Anonymousreply 89April 16, 2023 6:29 AM

She’s so unrecognizable that I am curious how the paps would spot her . Is her hubby tipping them off to humiliate her ?

by Anonymousreply 90April 16, 2023 6:35 AM

R86 = narcissistic abusive fuck. Choke on your own bile you triggered piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 91April 16, 2023 6:37 AM

[quote]I wish she looked just a bit better than she does.

I don't know why anyone would care.

by Anonymousreply 92April 16, 2023 6:42 AM

She should be the new face of Little Debbie snacks.

by Anonymousreply 93April 16, 2023 6:44 AM

R91 is the one who sounds "triggered." What a pathetic turd.

by Anonymousreply 94April 16, 2023 6:44 AM

[quote]Bridget's night and day transformation

There was something like 15 years between the last time we saw her and the tabloids hounding her again in early 2022. It was almost certainly not "night and day."

We're all adults here and yet no one apparently understands that people get older and gain weight over time, sometimes. Instead it's "she gained weight over the course of half an hour and it's because her husband is evil and abusive" and it's insane.

by Anonymousreply 95April 16, 2023 6:45 AM

[quote] it's obvious there is zero self care happening. Her hair is unwashed, unbrushed and she looks disheveled.

Bullshit. Every time we see her, she's at the garden store or taking out the trash and is dressed appropriately for it. In this photo her clothes are nice, not old or ripped or stained, and a little off kilter only because it's a large oversized caftan being pulled by her purse straps. The hair is fine, but was quickly pulled back in a clip at some point, probably while shopping. She's at a goddamned grocery store in the afternoon in the middle of the week, and dressed for it.

Look, either you people are lying because making this shit up is fun to you, or you so thoroughly ignore women of this age at the grocery store or garden shop or wherever that you honestly have no idea that they often look like this.

by Anonymousreply 96April 16, 2023 6:51 AM

[quote] I don't know why anyone would care.

That's just it. WHY should anybody care? From the way some people are carrying on you'd think committed a crime or something.

by Anonymousreply 97April 16, 2023 6:52 AM

Classic narc deflection r94. You're textbook.

by Anonymousreply 98April 16, 2023 6:58 AM

This is really sad

by Anonymousreply 99April 16, 2023 6:59 AM

^^Is it though? I mean, I'm sure she still has her $million$ to fall back on... she ain't exactly hurtin' for money

by Anonymousreply 100April 16, 2023 7:05 AM

R17 and the other lazy slobs, READ THE ARTICLE. She's not lazy, doesn't care, etc., etc. She FRACTURED her BACK.

by Anonymousreply 101April 16, 2023 7:06 AM

r98 There's something really insufferable about a non-expert who goes around diagnosing strangers with personality disorders. Maybe Elfman is an abusive pathological narcissist but you're in no position to make that judgement. Unless you're being incredibly modest and hiding your experience as a mental health professional, you sound like a total bitch. (Sorry you were in a bad relationship once)

by Anonymousreply 102April 16, 2023 7:41 AM

R102, is textbook narcissist who is now on attack mode

by Anonymousreply 103April 16, 2023 7:53 AM

There seems to have been a decline since the last series of paparazzi shots. Her hair looks dirty.

For the people speculating about a possible thyroid disorder: this is not what untreated hypothyroidism looks like. I had untreated Hashimoto's disease and while I didn't feel great I was not obese or unkempt. It doesn't make you gain 100 pounds. The only person I've ever known who had this sort of dramatic weight gain was a diabetic.

by Anonymousreply 104April 16, 2023 8:04 AM

Serious question... Is Danny Elfman trans? He is looking like he is in early or exploratory stages of that.

by Anonymousreply 105April 16, 2023 8:28 AM

[quote] "Let's think of a great comeback vehicle for her."

Jokes aside, R21...I'd kinda live for that.

by Anonymousreply 106April 16, 2023 8:32 AM

I'd love to see her in another movie. She was great in Jackie Brown

by Anonymousreply 107April 16, 2023 8:56 AM

Saying obesity isn’t normal is fucked up?! It’s just the truth. Obesity, especially in an older person, is extremely unhealthy.

But why I telling this to a fat frau who probably also wants to believe Lizzo looks amazing?!

Just ask any medical doctor.

by Anonymousreply 108April 16, 2023 11:53 AM

We're still doing the Bridget Fonda is now fat and ugly thing? PageSix has nothing better to do? How was this more than just a one time story?

by Anonymousreply 109April 16, 2023 12:05 PM

So many posters here type fat, but R50's "Big Paw" keyboard must have dents in it from the weight of those hooves coming down.

by Anonymousreply 110April 16, 2023 12:30 PM

She has a little weight problem.

From postpartum depression.

And she hurt her back.

And she's had some issues.

And her metabolism is slow.

And her thyroid is off.

And her enzymes are confused.

And she's very happy underneath all that "coping girth."

And her husband loves her just the way she is.

And she's lethargic and her knees hurt.

And any similarity to a termite queen is strictly in the eyes of the beholder and any Orkin representatives in the area.

by Anonymousreply 111April 16, 2023 12:34 PM

[quote] e. You complain about actresses who get too much work done. You complain about actresses who let themselves go. They can't win.

So according to you, there are only two types of women: plastic surgery Frankensteins, and orbs of fat.

by Anonymousreply 112April 16, 2023 1:05 PM

She looks like she has gained 30-40 lbs since those first/initial pictures came out a year or two ago..

There is really no reason to be that heavy-

I do like her and wish her well.

by Anonymousreply 113April 16, 2023 1:38 PM

Is this the same story the DailyMail ran last year or are they stalking her?

by Anonymousreply 114April 16, 2023 1:41 PM

I would like to hear her talk. She has a unique voice, and I'll be okay when I hear it emit from her new body.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115April 16, 2023 1:47 PM

[quote] Let's think of a great comeback vehicle for her.

A flatbed truck? The “Pequod”? A C-5?

by Anonymousreply 116April 16, 2023 2:01 PM

[quote]Ugh. Please. Leave her be!

I'm sure you mean, "Leave her be, homosexuals!"

by Anonymousreply 117April 16, 2023 2:07 PM

Sorry, but that is not normal. Yes, everyone (but Nicole Kidman) gets old, but come on!

by Anonymousreply 118April 16, 2023 2:09 PM

I like her snack purse.

by Anonymousreply 119April 16, 2023 2:16 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120April 16, 2023 2:17 PM

When she was young she was dazzling. Thank you for that BF. It’s ok to be ordinary and fat now.

by Anonymousreply 121April 16, 2023 2:18 PM

Dear Bridget...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122April 16, 2023 2:23 PM

Wow, Jane could really spread those legs!

by Anonymousreply 123April 16, 2023 2:35 PM

How about we leave her alone.

by Anonymousreply 124April 16, 2023 2:48 PM

How about we gossip, since this is a gossip website.

by Anonymousreply 125April 16, 2023 2:49 PM

She looks like a lot of 60 year olds out and about on a weekend. Maybe she's comfortable and doesn't give a fuck what others think? I don't she ever bought into the whole Hollywood bullshit. Was she a Weinstein victim?

by Anonymousreply 126April 16, 2023 2:56 PM

When you are as naturally beautiful as Bridget Fonda was, and you end up not just gaining weight but totally losing all traces of the person you used to be, it points to some sort of emotionally shattering trauma that happened. Something broke inside of her. And I'm not talking about her back. Something emotionally, spiritually, died.

I mean, Jeremy Renner got run over by a gazillion pound snow plow and basically broke every bone in his body, and yet he looks remarkably the same even though it would be fair to say his accident and injuries were far worse than Bridgets. And his spark, his healthy ego, his will to fight, is intact.

She lost her will, her fight. The healthy part of her ego that took pride in her natural beauty died. Her spark went out.

I am choosing to blame Danny Elfman. Or rather, to be fair, because we are not victims nor prisoners of our relationships, she should have left him a long time ago. It's VERY easy to believe he could be a self-absorbed, emotionally cruel d-bag with a terrible "artistic" temperament, hugely inflated ego, and zero patience or empathy. He loved that he was able to score such a beautiful trophy but then when she had that car accident, he probably abandoned her emotionally, sexually, psychologically, spiritually. Bought a house next door and ensconced her in there and gave her an allowance and told her "I'll stay married to you and support you, and we can raise our son together. But sexually, I need something more, so we are done with that part of the marriage."

Just a hunch!

by Anonymousreply 127April 16, 2023 2:59 PM

This is the side-by-side photo we should actually be talking about

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128April 16, 2023 3:09 PM

Anyone would be grateful to get out of sex with Danny Elfman. I think she may have long term pain issues from the car accident.

by Anonymousreply 129April 16, 2023 3:10 PM

Check this video out-

Danny was more grounded than I expected.

He clearly has had plastic surgeries, but he doesn't come across evil.

Just a very odd marriage and I hope that Bridget is happy-

She clearly has/had something special about her and we all have love for her.

She starred in some of my favorite films as a teen/young adult-

A Simple Plan, Point of No Return, Jackie Brown (Which is my top 5 film of all time)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130April 16, 2023 3:23 PM

Bridget is famously part of the Fonda legacy, as we all know. But the Elfman family is a freaky little dynasty in their own right. And there's a lot of them!

Danny has a brother named Richard Elfman, who was in Oingo Boingo with Danny. Richard went on to write and direct art films. He also seems very...eccentric.

Their mother was Blossom Elfman, a novelist.

Richard's son Bodhi Elfman is an actor and is married to whatsername from Dharma and Greg. Jenna Elfman - a Scientologist

Danny's daughter Mali Elfman is a writer, director and BAFTA-nominated producer

There are more Elfmans floating around, but those are the main Elfmans that pop up in the press.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131April 16, 2023 3:42 PM

Let's do lunch, Bridget!

by Anonymousreply 132April 16, 2023 3:44 PM

Why did she quit?

by Anonymousreply 133April 16, 2023 3:49 PM

Danny is an elderlez now.

by Anonymousreply 134April 16, 2023 3:50 PM

I do love Danny Elfman as a creator. He's fucking brilliant. I love everything he has ever done pretty much, on both the rock side and the composing side. What a talent.

by Anonymousreply 135April 16, 2023 3:53 PM

It sucks for Danny that he can't go to premieres or share his still vibrant life with his wife, because she's become an obese recluse. That would put a damper on any marriage. I mean, they haven't been seen together in public since 2009! There's nothing happy about that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136April 16, 2023 4:02 PM

Blossom wrote "The Girls of Huntington House," which was adapted into a TV movie starring DL faves Shirley Jones and Pamela Sue Martin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137April 16, 2023 4:41 PM

She looks positively svelte!

by Anonymousreply 138April 16, 2023 4:45 PM

Funny how so many marriages that look happy on the outside are actually quite miserable while marriages that people think are miserable are the opposite.

by Anonymousreply 139April 16, 2023 4:51 PM

I don't understand why she dresses like that, even if she's just running errands. That Mickey Mouse shirt looks like it came from Walmart. She's been wealthy her whole life, she can buy nicer plus-sized clothes.

by Anonymousreply 140April 16, 2023 4:53 PM

I really don’t think she looks that bad in R136. She seems to be the opposite of a thirsty famewhore—and I respect that. Let her look however she looks.

by Anonymousreply 141April 16, 2023 4:56 PM

I had never seen those pics at r136. It's nice to see she hasn't lost her ability to smile, I was imagining her as permanently glum.

by Anonymousreply 142April 16, 2023 4:57 PM

[quote]He loved that he was able to score such a beautiful trophy but then when she had that car accident, he probably abandoned her emotionally, sexually, psychologically, spiritually

She had the accident and married Elfman in the same year, 2003. She broke her back in February and married him in November.

Here's a pic of the last time she was seen in public, at the premiere of Inglourious Basterds in 2009. She looks as gorgeous as she did in 2002 when she stopped working.

I think it's safe to say that neither the car accident, nor having a child contributed to the way she looks today. 2009 was six years after the accident and five years after she gave birth.

by Anonymousreply 143April 16, 2023 5:24 PM

Fuck! Here's the pic from 2009

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144April 16, 2023 5:25 PM

Did she quit acting, or did acting quit her?

by Anonymousreply 145April 16, 2023 5:29 PM

She quit acting.

by Anonymousreply 146April 16, 2023 5:30 PM

According to some comments in the article, (besides the back injury and ongoing back issues) she additionally has heart issues and takes medication for that condition which is allegedly a source for weight gain.

May or may not be true, who knows. But as this is a gossip site, I thought I'd divest that as well.

by Anonymousreply 147April 16, 2023 6:25 PM

If she died her hair and lost weight she'd look more like her old self.

It seems like she stopped giving a fuck about what people think of her.

by Anonymousreply 148April 16, 2023 6:34 PM

Dyed

by Anonymousreply 149April 16, 2023 6:34 PM

Here she is 2011

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150April 16, 2023 6:35 PM

"I could give a shit about my aunt's workout videos."

-actual quote from Bridget Fonda

by Anonymousreply 151April 16, 2023 6:41 PM

Wow so she still looked like her true self in 2011!? What the actual hell happened to her??

by Anonymousreply 152April 16, 2023 7:00 PM

It looks like clinical depression to me but it could be any number of things.

by Anonymousreply 153April 16, 2023 7:06 PM

That's not 2011. Seabiscuit opened in 2003, so those pictures are 20 years old.

by Anonymousreply 154April 16, 2023 8:04 PM

She ate.

by Anonymousreply 155April 16, 2023 8:14 PM

"It's nice to see she hasn't lost her ability to smile"

She had just farted.

by Anonymousreply 156April 16, 2023 10:49 PM

I don't know her.

by Anonymousreply 157April 16, 2023 10:51 PM

[quote] is textbook narcissist who is now on attack mode

Wrong again, fuckhead. There are more than one person who think you're a completely dingus pathetic creep.

by Anonymousreply 158April 16, 2023 10:52 PM

You eat that turkey leg, Bridget! You go, gurl!

by Anonymousreply 159April 16, 2023 10:55 PM

Ok, let's be honest here, Jane Fonda is 85 and looks amazing!

This one is 59 and looks like crap.

by Anonymousreply 160April 16, 2023 11:01 PM

[quote] Ok, let's be honest here, Jane Fonda is 85 and looks amazing!

Jane Fonda looks like a corpse made up for viewing.

by Anonymousreply 161April 16, 2023 11:04 PM

And you look lile a corpse NOT made up for viewing, Bridget. Close casket.

by Anonymousreply 162April 16, 2023 11:07 PM

R161 Thank you for finding the words I've been looking for to describe what I see when I see Jane Fonda.

by Anonymousreply 163April 16, 2023 11:08 PM

She may look enhanced but Jane still looks pretty good compared to most 85 year-olds.

by Anonymousreply 164April 16, 2023 11:10 PM

Ewww, stop feeding her.

by Anonymousreply 165April 16, 2023 11:10 PM

At this point I wish the press would leave Bridget alone. There's no story here. An actress who used to be thin is fat now. That's not really newsworthy, and it seems cruel to keep publishing photos of a woman who is retired and living a private life.

by Anonymousreply 166April 16, 2023 11:17 PM

Peruse Danny Elfman’s instagram. He’s a dark , weird ass guy

by Anonymousreply 167April 16, 2023 11:33 PM

Poor Bridget! She seems so kind and low key. I wish the Post would stop stalking her.

Really now, the elf man is hideously ugly. Bridget just got plain n dumpy.

by Anonymousreply 168April 17, 2023 12:02 AM

I think BF is definitely depressed and extremely reclusive as a result. Yet , her husband is active and socially vibrant. 🤔

by Anonymousreply 169April 17, 2023 12:07 AM

Husband reminds me of Carrot Top during his Botox and steroids days.

by Anonymousreply 170April 17, 2023 12:17 AM

She could really use Ozempic. Seriously

by Anonymousreply 171April 17, 2023 12:34 AM

Wow, sad

by Anonymousreply 172April 17, 2023 1:53 AM

Exactly r169.

by Anonymousreply 173April 17, 2023 2:54 AM

gingers have no souls.

but he was never looker, when almost a decade ago, he was getting a lot of criticism (though not fat) that Bridget is receiving now (old. tired. what happened). His reaction was to change his looks. Also, likely fueled bye the younger generation that took an interest in him, inviting him to multiple interviews, pushing him back into appearing more like his oingo boingo days after decades of him desperately wanting to forget it.

by Anonymousreply 174April 17, 2023 3:44 AM

First of all, are we sure this is really her?

Second of all, why are the paparazzi hounding her now after 13 years of respecting her privacy? Is it a slow news cycle?

by Anonymousreply 175April 17, 2023 4:19 AM

We all know Fonda had significant back injuries from a car accident, but as it's been pointed out, she made public appearances in the years after that where she looked happy and healthy. Perhaps there is some long-standing damage/chronic pain that took its toll on her, and she simply chose to step away from the limelight and has gone on a downward slide since. If I'm being frank, she looks unhappy and unhealthy.

Danny Elfman gives me the creeps. He dated Sonic Youth singer/bassist Kim Gordon while the two were teenagers at Hollywood High School. I cannot help but wonder what that young love affair looked like.

by Anonymousreply 176April 17, 2023 4:24 AM

R176. What an interesting piece of trivia! I know Kim Gordon. I was in a social circle with her when she lived in Western Mass for many years. I didn't know her when she was growing up in LA but from my experience she is not that wild and crazy. She's very artsy though, very driven to create. Very art snob. She always wanted to be an artist before she ended up joining Sonic Youth and she does a lot of art now and has showings. She lives back in LA now. Anyway, yeah, she's actually not that "weird." I bet they were both art and music nerds. I bet Danny Elfman was pretty intense and nerdy and obsessive about music and art.

by Anonymousreply 177April 17, 2023 4:47 AM

R167 Yeah I'm not into the darkness. Check out his brother Richard, he's also a weird, dark guy. When I did a google image search there were multiple pix of him with devil horns and he pulls the same kind of absurd demon faces that Danny makes in photos. It's strange. What the hell was their childhood like, I wonder?

by Anonymousreply 178April 17, 2023 4:50 AM

She's a large girl. Big through the hips. Roomy.

by Anonymousreply 179April 17, 2023 4:57 AM

^^

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180April 17, 2023 5:02 AM

R177 Kim and Thurston lived in Northampton for years, right? I have always liked Kim. She sometimes seems aloof in interviews but I've always gotten the impression that it's more a masking of general social awkwardness. I saw her experimental band, Body/Head, live in concert about 10 years ago in Portland, OR, at an art festival on a whim. I was in the front row and at one point she came down into the audience and was singing with a microphone cord wrapped around her body right next to me. I vividly remember noting that she had great legs. I often forget that she is a California girl, raised in Los Angeles, probably because she has such a strong cultural association with NYC because of Sonic Youth. I remember first hearing about the Danny Elfman connection when incessant name dropper (God love her) Courtney Love mentioned it in an interview I heard from her years ago. It is apparently true.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181April 17, 2023 5:06 AM

R188 Yes, Northampton. I had a front row seat to all of the divorce drama! It was so intense. Thurston dipped off to London and Kim remained in Noho for a few years more. She started spending more and more time back in LA and eventually once Coco was ensconced in college In Chicago, Kim sold their family home and moved back to LA permanently to be closer to her elderly parents. I never saw Body/Head live but I know Bill socially, too. It's just the two of them, yeah?

by Anonymousreply 182April 17, 2023 5:25 AM

I'm with the posters who say she should be left alone. I was very curious to find out what happened to her but that question has been more or less answered. We don't need to see regular paparazzi pictures of a sad person grocery shopping.

by Anonymousreply 183April 17, 2023 7:53 AM

I feel bad for her. I am not glammed up when I go to Costco and I'm sure I would never want to venture outside again if images of me hauling my trash bin to the curb appeared on the front page of the Daily Mail. Because Fonda lost the superpower of being young, skinny, and pretty it's like she's fair game for whatever shit the press want to throw at her. Open season on the formerly famous fat person. I guess as long as she's in a public place there's nothing she can do to stop this.

by Anonymousreply 184April 17, 2023 8:14 AM

I will post the link in the next post because it's from the Daily Mail, but here's a very recent photo of Pierce Brosnan and his wife Keely out and about. Keely is also stalked by the DM for having gained weight, a similar amount to what Bridget Fonda seems to have gained. The significant difference is that Keely Brosnan looks groomed, healthy, happy and attractively dressed. BF is NOT an average middle aged woman who gained weight. She shows all the hallmarks of someone with a serious health problem (probably mental health) who cannot or won't take care of herself. Link to Keely Brosnan photos in next post.

by Anonymousreply 185April 17, 2023 10:24 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186April 17, 2023 10:25 AM

The mother AND grand-mother of Bridget are FAT.

That’s all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187April 17, 2023 10:36 AM

Neither lady is the same size as present-day Bridget, R187.

by Anonymousreply 188April 17, 2023 10:37 AM

If she's happy then I'm happy for her.

by Anonymousreply 189April 17, 2023 10:38 AM

R189 I can't imagine she's happy.

by Anonymousreply 190April 17, 2023 10:41 AM

[quote]She shows all the hallmarks of someone with a serious health problem (probably mental health)

Patently ridiculous. You're the one in need of a mental health evaluation. You've spent over a year posting repeatedly about this, saying things like "her hair looks messy, she clearly needs to be put in an insane asylum."

by Anonymousreply 191April 17, 2023 10:42 AM

[quote]Sorry, but that is not normal.

What people are saying is that it is common. There are a lot of women who were very pretty when younger and who are now fat and prone to wearing caftan tunics while shopping, now that they're pushing 60.

by Anonymousreply 192April 17, 2023 10:46 AM

Wow, she's morbidly obese.

by Anonymousreply 193April 17, 2023 12:16 PM

She looks like the pigeon lady from Home Alone.

by Anonymousreply 194April 17, 2023 12:18 PM

I agree with R183. The answer to WHET to Bridget Fonda has been answered. Photographers need to leave her alone now.

by Anonymousreply 195April 17, 2023 12:54 PM

She look like an hoarder you know those overweight women who keep stuff pilled up in their house.

by Anonymousreply 196April 17, 2023 1:00 PM

"an hoarder". Oh dear.

by Anonymousreply 197April 17, 2023 1:31 PM

What is your point. R197. Hi bridget.

by Anonymousreply 198April 17, 2023 1:37 PM

I know women who were hot in their teens/ early twenties and now are morbidly obese in their late twenties/thirties. Fonda looked extremely thin in her early films. I believe she had an ED? Looks like she just said fuck it.

by Anonymousreply 199April 17, 2023 2:04 PM

I was surprised by how much she looks like her mother in the pic at r187. When she was younger, she looked like her mom, and then aged similarly.

It would really suck if she's been deliberately dressing in Walmart homebody clothes to avoid being recognized, but it happened anyway.

by Anonymousreply 200April 17, 2023 2:10 PM

R125

How about you come up with something new since this topic was covered previously, some time ago, and is no longer gossip.

How about you recognize pummeling a topic over and over and over is nauseatingly boring, not clever, and the symptom of a pathetically weak mind.

Oh wait…look how fat she got! Ha ha! Never gets old I guess. I get where you’re at.

by Anonymousreply 201April 17, 2023 3:03 PM

R201 You're free to exit the forum at any time, dear.

by Anonymousreply 202April 17, 2023 3:13 PM

She's to be wearing a ballgown while shopping at the landscaping supply store? Is that it? I don't get it.

She was low key back in her heyday. No club hopping. No drugs. No drama. I say leave her be.

Who's bugging her? She's been retired for ages. It's odd that the paps bug her sometimes because she sure isn't the one calling them.

by Anonymousreply 203April 17, 2023 3:19 PM

I'm sure Bridget looks as skinny as Giselle Bundchen next to r291.

by Anonymousreply 204April 17, 2023 3:44 PM

^r201

by Anonymousreply 205April 17, 2023 3:45 PM

[quote]How about you come up with something new since this topic was covered previously, some time ago, and is no longer gossip.

[quote]How about you recognize pummeling a topic over and over and over is nauseatingly boring, not clever, and the symptom of a pathetically weak mind.

[quote]Oh wait…look how fat she got! Ha ha! Never gets old I guess. I get where you’re at.

Tell me you're fat without telling me you're fat.

by Anonymousreply 206April 17, 2023 3:47 PM

She could star in a Roseanne biopic.

by Anonymousreply 207April 17, 2023 4:27 PM

She doesn't look like an average 59 year old. She appears to be about 10 years older.

by Anonymousreply 208April 17, 2023 4:28 PM

This is not all due to back issues. For example, Paula Abdul has had a lifetime of chronic back problems. And Gloria Estefan fractured her spine in a bus crash. Both of them are older than Bridget and neither looks like this.

by Anonymousreply 209April 17, 2023 4:30 PM

Is Danny calling the paps to shame and humiliate her?

by Anonymousreply 210April 17, 2023 4:36 PM

Someone above put it really well. DL fave Jer Renner was CRUSHED under a snowplow and is bouncing back. His spark is still there.

To say it’s not uncommon to see fat, disheveled middle aged women in the US does NOT mean it’s healthy or normal, it’s not. Obesity and unwillingness to groom oneself are indicators of depressions. All those fat, disheveled women you see are depressed, not just Bridget Fonda.

I think the fascination with her over them is this: 1) At one time In her life she knew how to eat in a healthy way and was a normal weight. Compare to Lens Dunham or Lizzo, who were probably always fat; and 2) her husband is very wealthy, she doesn’t have to work and could have a live in chef and personal trainer - time and money are no obstacle. She can also afford all the therapy and counseling she needs.

I think the above is why we are both fascinated and horrified by her transformation. She was once normal sized AND she has access to resources most do not. It’s a trainwreck you can’t looo away from.

by Anonymousreply 211April 17, 2023 4:38 PM

How do photographers know where she's going to be? Are they doing stakeouts in front of Bridget Fonda's house and then following her to the grocery store or Lowes or whatever? Why target someone who's been out of the spotlight for so long?

by Anonymousreply 212April 17, 2023 4:39 PM

Look away from

by Anonymousreply 213April 17, 2023 4:40 PM

R212, they just man Bridget's local Wendy's, and ta-da! she appears.

by Anonymousreply 214April 17, 2023 4:41 PM

R212 And if it's random how did they recognize her? I finally did because of the shape of her mouth but it took awhile even after reading the headline.

by Anonymousreply 215April 17, 2023 4:42 PM

[quote]Why target someone who's been out of the spotlight for so long?

Because people like you spend days posting about how she's "unwashed" and "unkempt," and that translates into dollars for them, thanks to all the clicks.

by Anonymousreply 216April 17, 2023 4:48 PM

R216, I literally clicked once on the first set of photos that came out last year or whenever that was and then again at OP in the present thread. My observations about her appearance were not intended as insults. I'm quite sure Bridget Fonda doesn't give a damn what random nobodies on the internet say about her hair.

by Anonymousreply 217April 17, 2023 4:55 PM

I wish the Daily Mail would leave Bridget Fonda alone. If she IS suffering from failing physical and/or mental health, their stalking of her is certainly not helping.

by Anonymousreply 218April 17, 2023 5:00 PM

I also wonder HOW she was recognized initially. I had a hard time believing that was her when the first sighting happened (was that last year?)

Her husband looks much different after his, uh, transformation and ratty wig, but you can still tell it’s him.

by Anonymousreply 219April 17, 2023 5:22 PM

R218 Don’t be too sure. Shame can be a tremendous motivator.

by Anonymousreply 220April 17, 2023 5:23 PM

R211 is right. Anyone who looks like that, completely disheveled and unkempt is severely depressed. She's probably in a toxic relationship.

by Anonymousreply 221April 18, 2023 3:34 AM

[quote] Anyone who looks like that, completely disheveled and unkempt is severely depressed. She's probably in a toxic relationship.

You don't know anything about her life, her mental state, her relationships. If you think you do, then are are crazy as a bedbug, in a totally delusional state.

by Anonymousreply 222April 18, 2023 3:41 AM

She looked better when she was young, skinny and beautiful

by Anonymousreply 223April 18, 2023 4:26 AM

So did you.

by Anonymousreply 224April 18, 2023 4:41 AM

why do delusional fraus think fonda the hutt is off limits just because people haven't seen her vagina in years?

by Anonymousreply 225April 18, 2023 5:18 AM

Doll face alert!

by Anonymousreply 226April 18, 2023 6:57 AM

The New York Post and Daily Fail go hand in hand.

by Anonymousreply 227April 18, 2023 7:04 AM

She’s a cautionary tale for young girls. She’s also a reminder that bulimia can only help a person so much.

by Anonymousreply 228April 18, 2023 7:51 AM

Maybe Danny has a sex fetish for obese women. Other than that I have no idea why she would want to look like that.

by Anonymousreply 229April 18, 2023 12:20 PM

[quote]Anyone who looks like that, completely disheveled and unkempt is severely depressed. She's probably in a toxic relationship.

It makes no sense, but then it never did. He seems super creepy and off and she completely didn't see it. So there's something not right with her either. It's not just how she looks now, having all of this weight on your body is extremely uncomfortable.

by Anonymousreply 230April 18, 2023 12:27 PM

R222 is incredibly dense. You have absolutely no sense of women.

by Anonymousreply 231April 18, 2023 7:01 PM

When they first got married, they both looked much more normal. And although she of course seemed out of his league physically, he seemed out of her league intellectually. So one could assume that he adored her dazzling smile and she adored his fascinatingly creative, brilliant mind.

Now they are at polar opposite ends of a distorted, perverse spectrum. Bridget has lost every quality that made her adorable or even remotely physically attractive, and Danny has gone to a really weird dark place physically and creatively, no longer the the nutty professor but rather some kind of possessed demon.

What. The Fuck. Happened. To. These Two. ?????

by Anonymousreply 232April 18, 2023 7:09 PM

Remember when she dated Eric Stoltz for several years? They would have had some cute ginger babies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233April 18, 2023 9:33 PM

She has a really funny looking nose.

Stolz was hot.

by Anonymousreply 234April 18, 2023 10:07 PM

R230, I read that he proposed to her in hospital after her car accident. She was so vulnerable. Plus, her dad is Peter Fonda . I always got good vibes from her .

by Anonymousreply 235April 18, 2023 10:47 PM

I thought this Quora answer was enlightening on why Bridget stopped acting:

"Question: Why did Bridget Fonda suddenly stopped acting?"

"One reason that is rarely touched upon was her overall lack of financial success as a performer. Bridget Fonda just didn’t bring home “the bacon”.

In 2001, Fonda starred in three films, none of which did much at the box office. Her major film of that year, Monkeybone was such a significant disaster that it caused her co-star Brendan Fraser, to be ousted from his spot on the Hollywood A-list. Even her turn with, at the time, up and coming action hero, Jet Li, did poorly and it had a budget that was negligible.

It seems likely that following her vehicle accident in 2001, and after she married composer Danny Elfman in November of that year, Fonda made some difficult calculations regarding her career. She wasn’t going to be an A-list draw, the roles coming her way were likely becoming “Mommy” ones, and she was approaching 40. Since she was pretty well off herself and Elfman’s net worth is substantial, she likely decided to let her career “cool down”.

It’s also likely that as time passed, she decided that she no longer wanted (nor needed) the aggravation and humiliation that comes with being an aging female performer in Hollywood and simply decided to “retire”. Since her peers at the time are now themselves either semi-retired or underemployed, it seems that she made a very wise decision."

by Anonymousreply 236April 18, 2023 11:02 PM

The sad part is she doesn't look at ease, or happy. Example Chrissy Metz appears to be happy, so does Lizzo or Melissa Mccarthy. Bridget looks downright gloomy, sad and smelly

by Anonymousreply 237April 18, 2023 11:08 PM

It's very sad. She used to accompany him on all of the red carpets and she looked so happy and so beautiful. And he looked fairly normal and sane. Fairly wholesome but with just a touch of the eccentric as you'd expect from an ex-punk turned composer. They were a cute couple.

Then something happened. Something significant. Something around 2009. Something big enough that they were never seen together in public, ever again! Something so catastrophic that she let her self go on every level and morphed into and disheveled obese recluse. And he started taking his kids on the carpet instead of her, and then started getting tattoos and getting weirder and weirder and weirder.

And the side-by-side houses. Selling two side by side houses and then going and buying two more side by side houses in a different part of LA.

I wish someone had the real tea on this. Enquiring minds want to know!

by Anonymousreply 238April 18, 2023 11:11 PM

The way they were

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239April 18, 2023 11:13 PM

"The second house was a gift to his wife"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240April 18, 2023 11:19 PM

R240 wtf are those heads?!

by Anonymousreply 241April 19, 2023 12:01 AM

R236 It's one thing to want to retire and be free from the Hollywood machine.

It's another thing altogether to become morbidly obese.

by Anonymousreply 242April 19, 2023 3:08 AM

I don’t care that she got fat. The jarring thing is that she looks SO old. I know a lot of attractive women her age…but she seriously resembles my former mother in law who grew up poor as sin in Missouri. And this is a wealthy, Hollywood person who had a lot of success and famous family. It’s like she the anti-Real Housewife.

by Anonymousreply 243April 19, 2023 3:22 AM

We're only seeing images of Bridget during the day apparently running errands. It's possible that she may dress differently in the evening going out to restaurants (if she goes out at all).

by Anonymousreply 244April 19, 2023 3:34 AM

Holy shit. The Daily Mail really is stalking her! (I won't post the link)

They got her to speak to the pap! Looks like she was at an airport or something.

They really need to leave her alone..

by Anonymousreply 245April 19, 2023 1:43 PM

Again? Really? R245 Why do they keep going after her? If this is a new one, would someone please post it?

by Anonymousreply 246April 19, 2023 3:23 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247April 19, 2023 3:51 PM

At least she is smiling in the latest photos

by Anonymousreply 248April 19, 2023 3:57 PM

The Daily Fail must keep up with us over here at DL. They will continue to stalk her until we shut up about her.

by Anonymousreply 249April 19, 2023 4:58 PM

[quote] Jackie Brown star Bridget Fonda, 59, says she's DONE with Hollywood

Gee, and here I thought she was getting set to launch a comeback.

by Anonymousreply 250April 19, 2023 5:00 PM

"Sightings of the star are rare, though she was recently seen running errands in Los Angeles last Friday.

Prior to that she was pictured out in September of 2022, while doing some shopping at a landscaping supply store, and in January, while running errands with Oliver and husband Danny."

So in one of those previous rounds of photos from recent times she was apparently out with Danny, but they didn't take a single photo of him. Only her. I don't know why, but that pisses me off. It would have been nice to have seen them out together. It's been 14 years since they were last photographed as a couple.

I want proof that he hasn't abandoned her.

by Anonymousreply 251April 19, 2023 5:04 PM

[quote]The Daily Fail must keep up with us over here at DL. They will continue to stalk her until we shut up about her.

Well, you can stop talking about her. Maybe TDM will listen to you.

by Anonymousreply 252April 19, 2023 6:28 PM

He has a very dark vibe about him in that pic r239

by Anonymousreply 253April 19, 2023 7:08 PM

So does this mean Jennifer Jason Leigh also has to gain weight and let herself go?

by Anonymousreply 254April 19, 2023 7:20 PM

R247 She doesn't seem a bit happy in that clip.

by Anonymousreply 255April 19, 2023 7:21 PM

Maybe they'll leave her alone now that she gave a brief statement. Hopefully anyway, it is the daily fail after all.

by Anonymousreply 256April 19, 2023 8:51 PM

How long before we see her on Oprah? You know they're hounding her for an interview.

by Anonymousreply 257April 19, 2023 9:47 PM

R257 From that interview, she seems pretty steadfast about avoiding the spotlight.

by Anonymousreply 258April 19, 2023 10:24 PM

She could star in the remake of Misery.

by Anonymousreply 259April 19, 2023 10:46 PM

After watching that Daily mail clip, she's more recognizable in motion than she is in those recent photos. Her voice hasn't changed at all. I hope these photogs leave her alone now that she's confirmed her retirement and the unlikelihood of a return. If I had piles of money in the bank after a successful public career, I'd retreat from the public too and enjoy my millions.

by Anonymousreply 260April 20, 2023 1:39 AM

Her voice completely lacks confidence.

by Anonymousreply 261April 20, 2023 1:41 AM

Not trying to start an argument R261, but how would you sound if some tabloid reporter is sticking a camera in your face while you're at the airport with your son minding your own business. She probably wanted that guy to f*ck off but she politely answered his questions.

by Anonymousreply 262April 20, 2023 1:56 AM

If they would divorce, wouldn't she get a big chunk of his money? She didn't have that much of a career in Hollywood and hasn't been working and making money for 20 years.

Maybe this is all a ploy to get him to divorce her, so she can get her hands on his money.

Btw, apart from the weird figurines and chimpanzee skeletons, I thought their house actually looked nice. Esp the entrance hall with the rustic floor tiles, oriental rugs, antique furniture and 1st floor windows was nice.

by Anonymousreply 263April 20, 2023 9:28 AM

Who would look happy and sound happy if they were stalked by the paps? She acted with more grace than Hugh Grant did when he was interviewed on the red carpet.

by Anonymousreply 264April 20, 2023 9:40 AM

Many health issues come with being overweight not to mention moment to moment mobility. Perhaps therapy might help. She was a fine actress with movie star looks.

by Anonymousreply 265April 20, 2023 9:43 AM

Lake Placid is still one of my favorite movies. Great campy creature-feature comedy, and she conveyed a real intelligence and depth to her character. She always had that aura of beauty mixed with grit, no-nonsense intelligence, no matter how silly the material, and I really appreciated that she gave her characters an intellect beyond mere beauty or sex appeal. She was never hollow, like so many actresses of her day.

by Anonymousreply 266April 20, 2023 9:58 AM

Does she drive a scooter?

by Anonymousreply 267April 20, 2023 11:02 AM

She enjoys being a civilian and the weight gain has helped her to become unrecognizable. She also resents the pretensions brought about by her aunt, Hollywood and her past.

by Anonymousreply 268April 20, 2023 12:17 PM

R261 I thought the same thing.

I always wondered if Elfman married her because she was a Fonda and he strikes me as someone who was a Hollywood obsessed nerd as kid. I could be wrong, but that’s the impression I get.

Also, if you watch his brother’s cult movie, The Forbidden Zone, the topless blonde princess Danny (playing Satan) kidnaps and molests looks a LOT like BF.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 269April 20, 2023 12:28 PM

Here is the topless princess.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 270April 20, 2023 12:30 PM

Leave her the fuck alone.

by Anonymousreply 271April 20, 2023 12:40 PM

R271, this is a gossip message board, and if we want to discuss Bridget Fonda, we will discuss Bridget Fonda.

by Anonymousreply 272April 20, 2023 12:45 PM

I love the way she handled herself when ambushed. Very pleasant and direct. She clearly doesn't give a fuck and there's no reason why she should.

by Anonymousreply 273April 20, 2023 12:48 PM

Yup, R273. She has witnessed how inane fame is, and she has a MUCH better perspective than anyone holding the camera asking her stupid questions. She does not give a fuck and its great. Sure, it sucks that she is no longer beautiful but only for everyone else...not her, it seems. Its so great how she does not give a fuck. And, really...she is in her 50s, not that hot person from decades ago.

by Anonymousreply 274April 20, 2023 12:53 PM

Based on comments here and on DM (before they delete them, which they frequently do) I'd say the majority of the people who talk about how Bridget must be abused by a Satanic narcissist were already involved in conspiracy theories about Danny Elfman before photos of her went public. You can go back several years and see lots of talk from Q and/or conspiratorial types about Elfman being Satanic (Tim Burton music, playing Satan in a movie) and a pedo (that Oingo Boingo song).

Given the "he's a narcissist/Satanist/abuser" comments on this thread sound nearly identical, despite being supposedly from multiple people, I'm reasonably sure we're dealing with the Q-Loon Numerology Satanism in Hollywood troll, aka WitchiePoo, aka Poo Shoes.

I'm also guessing that there are now enough people like her online, thanks to the constant conspiracy baiting from places like the Post and DM, that it's worth the DM's time to try to make Bridget Fonda and Danny Elfman into the next big culture wars topic.

by Anonymousreply 275April 20, 2023 1:02 PM

They never tire of showing her as young and hot juxtaposed with her looks today. It's just disgusting really.

by Anonymousreply 276April 20, 2023 1:32 PM

I will always love Bridget!!

by Anonymousreply 277April 20, 2023 2:32 PM

[quote]Leave her the fuck alone.

[quote][R271], this is a gossip message board, and if we want to discuss Bridget Fonda, we will discuss Bridget Fonda.

I'm pretty sure that r271/TheOtherWhiteMeat was talking about the paps and the tabloids, r272, not about DL discussing her - or do you seriously think that r271 thinks that Fonda reads DL and wants us to stop talking here? I don't think so, though I'm happy for TheOtherWhiteMeat to correct me.

[quote]I'd say the majority of the people who talk about how Bridget must be abused by a Satanic narcissist were already involved in conspiracy theories about Danny Elfman before photos of her went public.

I agree, r275. I worked with Elfman decades ago and again about 5 years ago. Rumors swirled around him back when. He's a little quirky, sure, but he's a decent guy. Not much had changed in all those years except the tattoos. Conspiracy theorists are going to conspire. Elfman and Fonda seem to have an unconventional marriage - what's that to anyone else?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 278April 20, 2023 3:19 PM

R278 what rumors swirled?

by Anonymousreply 279April 20, 2023 3:34 PM

I heard she is huge on Taiwan!

by Anonymousreply 280April 20, 2023 3:42 PM

She's huge in the US, too!

by Anonymousreply 281April 20, 2023 3:46 PM

[quote][R278] what rumors swirled?

Nothing of note, r279 - the same kind of Satanist nonsense. Check out the video I linked to at r278. At around 18 seconds in, there's a crossfade from the skeletons at the Dead Man's Party to Elfman's demonic-looking face. It's all showbiz, kids.

They both got older. She gave up on novies and the bodily maintenance that went with it, and he looks to have gone a little wild with the body modification. She is measured and reasonable dealing with the paps. They are still together, and frankly, they both sound saner and more mature than many of the posters here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 282April 20, 2023 4:31 PM

^ "She gave up on Movies"

by Anonymousreply 283April 20, 2023 4:32 PM

I just don't get why Dataloungers are so obsessive about this. She's married and is no longer an actress or a public figure, so she has zero need to lose any weight unless she feels like it.

The End.

by Anonymousreply 284April 20, 2023 4:34 PM

Wow, r280/r281, that was so clever you had to repeat the joke.

by Anonymousreply 285April 20, 2023 4:34 PM

^ yes, r285, that poster replying to themselves is also the OP, who has posted a few dozen times here, each post yet another juvenile "joke".

by Anonymousreply 286April 20, 2023 4:42 PM

Why are there no pics of her transitioning, say at 190 lbs.? Just slender and pretty: then obese old woman.

by Anonymousreply 287April 20, 2023 4:56 PM

Watched some of Singles last night. Was reminded of how sexy Campbell Scott was.

And Bridget, adorable, is also really funny. I’ve always liked her movies. She had great, understated presence.

Bridget, I got fat too! We still 💜 you.

by Anonymousreply 288April 20, 2023 4:57 PM

She's not really that big. Janet Jackson gains this much weight every couple of years.

by Anonymousreply 289April 20, 2023 5:14 PM

[quote]^ yes, [R285], that poster replying to themselves is also the OP, who has posted a few dozen times here, each post yet another juvenile "joke".

Aren't you smart, Bridget?

by Anonymousreply 290April 20, 2023 5:23 PM

I like that she has acknowledged the existence of nepotism and complemented those who made their careers without it.

by Anonymousreply 291April 20, 2023 5:26 PM

Sorry , r286, I didn't realize how personal this was for you, you have four posts on DL, all of them in this thread defending Bidge.

by Anonymousreply 292April 20, 2023 5:29 PM

Good God, OP/r290/r292, you're not only juvenile, but you're also stupid. I've been on datalounge since the 90s. I post in all kinds of threads, mostly involving theater/film/art. Ignordar mostly shows you only posts in threads that you yourself have posted in. Since you don't seem to post in threads like that, all you are seeing are my posts in this thread. I've posted several times in THEATRE GOSSIP thread today, for example.

Of my 4 (now 5) posts here, one was answering another poster's direct question, and one was correcting a typo. I was mostly talking about Elfman, who I worked with. I am hardly defending "Bidge". It does seem personal for you, though, since you are the one who authored this thread and have posted in it dozens of times.

by Anonymousreply 293April 20, 2023 6:02 PM

You sound hungry, r293.

by Anonymousreply 294April 20, 2023 6:04 PM

Wow , you've been here since the 90?

So have I. I started the African Baby Catalogue thread under the name Branca Leticia de Barros Mota. You know what that means? NOTHING! It's an anonymous gossip message board. No one cares how long you've been here.

If discussing fat celebrities hurt your feelings, leave.

by Anonymousreply 295April 20, 2023 6:13 PM

^That was for r 293, btw.

by Anonymousreply 296April 20, 2023 6:14 PM

Dridget has a fan!

by Anonymousreply 297April 20, 2023 6:17 PM

I don’t think Datalounge was around in the 90’s…

by Anonymousreply 298April 21, 2023 12:02 AM

According to Wikipedia DataLounge launched in 1995.

by Anonymousreply 299April 21, 2023 12:21 AM

BUMP

by Anonymousreply 300April 21, 2023 1:19 AM

I'm sorry, but it's a huge bait-and-switch, and a massive F-U to your spouse, to go from svelte and radiant with a spark, to grossly obese and formless, and no spark. And for a husband in the public sphere, to go from having this adorable wifey by your side to having a gaping void where your other half used to be, and never stepping out with your wife ever again.

It's fucking weird.

As another poster upthread already pointed out, these people have tens of millions of dollars. She could look like a slightly older version of her old self, easily. She could go to a spa in Switzerland and get top tier western or holistic healthcare. She could do bariatric surgery. She could get a trainer. She could do yoga. There's a million options Bridget Fonda could avail herself of, but she doesn't.

Something snapped inside of this woman. And now, for the past dozen years, she has been choosing, of her own volition, to look like the people who used to shop at Walmart when I was a kid growing up in Missouri.

When we have a spouse, when we are parents, it behooves us not to morph into an unrecognizable version of ourselves.

by Anonymousreply 301April 21, 2023 4:47 AM

R301 She does look very Midwestern, I compared her to a host at a campground.

by Anonymousreply 302April 21, 2023 5:14 AM

I kept hoping that it wasn't her until I watched that video at the airport.

by Anonymousreply 303April 21, 2023 6:13 AM

Just leave her alone already. She seems fat and serene.

by Anonymousreply 304April 21, 2023 7:07 AM

[quote]She seems fat and serene.

Great title for her autobiography!

by Anonymousreply 305April 21, 2023 11:15 AM

She desperately needs Ozempic. People like Mindy Kaling need to stop hogging all the supply.

by Anonymousreply 306April 21, 2023 11:38 AM

You people are sickly obsessed over a woman and man who you don't even know. I could see being massively fascinated if say this were about Madonna or Janet Jackson or Julia Roberts, or someone way way way more famous, but this obsession some of you and DailyMail/PageSix have is really fucking strange.

Also, Bridget herself could come out in an interview, answer everybody's nagging, deranged questions and they be very sound reasons she gives and you guys would STILL be all over it, accusing her of lying, or someone coercing her...or some other batshit crazy conspiracy theory. You won't be happy unless its something sinister. Its like you guys are obsessed with actually HOPING its something bad and you won't be satisfied EVER with anything. The poor woman was being HARASSED at an airport with her kid for fuck sake!!! that's crossing another line, when paps, fans, harass people when they're with their young children. You can also tell in the other pics from.the airport article that she looks quite happy talking with her son and assuming his girlfriend or someone. Smiling and playful in one pic. And their son looks like a very happy, normal kid!!! He's smiling and excited about something as you can see, before they were hounded and they noticed paps stalking them. They seem like a normal family. Fuck the hell off and leave them alone.

She could literally come out and say she has a serious medical condition and on meds for it or lupus or something she's tried to get better, and you assholes would STILL say "she owes us a better explanation and to lose weight! no excuse!!" You people need psychiatric help!!!!

Why are you so bent out of shape in looking for ANYTHING to be something negative or sinister? Do you assholes get a thrill or fetish out of this?

Get a grip and life.

by Anonymousreply 307April 21, 2023 1:35 PM

R307 Hortense has left the Chrissy Metz threads and joined the Bridget Fonda threads.

by Anonymousreply 308April 21, 2023 1:40 PM

She also has given her answer. Twice. Back in an awards ceremony interview she was at with Danny , one of her last appearances, and this latest one. You people aren't satisfied with anything.

And these rumours swirling around over the years about Dannys supposed satanism and "liking little girls" stems from the aesthetic Oingo Boingo used a lot and his obsession with weird decor and collecting weird tribal and horror stuff. He's gone into great detail about the origins of all of that in so many interviews over the years, if you'd just take your lazy asses and basic research. The "pedo" thing stems from their song "Little Girls" which he and the band have stated is pure satire and parody based on Hollywood execs and the like. The whole album is satirical and social political satire ...the song Capitalism on the same one is another example of satire and most of the songs on there. You'd have to be missing half your brain or most of it to not grasp that its satire. Especially for the EIGHTIES and fact its a theme album. He, his brother both grew up obsessed with scary movies and gore. Doesn't make one a fucking Satanist. He has also explained each tattoo in detail in interviews and Instagram and has had tattoos since the 90s. He just completed them after lockdown. You people are sado.

by Anonymousreply 309April 21, 2023 1:43 PM

She could come out and say she's been dealing with a deadly illness for all we know and you fuckers would STILL be assholes about it and say "no excuse!!" You people sound like the Satanists and "mentally ill".

And wondering if one of you pieces of trash happens to work for dailaymail...

by Anonymousreply 310April 21, 2023 1:45 PM

R307, R309, R310 Let it all out, Hortense!

by Anonymousreply 311April 21, 2023 1:50 PM

R311 What the hell are you on?

by Anonymousreply 312April 21, 2023 1:52 PM

R312 You should be on Ozempic, Hortense.

by Anonymousreply 313April 21, 2023 1:54 PM

R311 You are a troll, I see. Ignore-dar is telling.

You also stated earlier she doesn't look happy in the video. Of course not!!!! She was being hounded by assholes and while with her son. Gonna read into that and say because she was at unease due to that that she must be some abused wife or mentally ill or some other psychotic bullshit, you damn troll?? Think SOME OF YOU ARE BEING PAID TO POST THESE ONGOING HATEFUL POSTS.

by Anonymousreply 314April 21, 2023 1:56 PM

R313 Grow up. You sound like an immature child. If this is what humanity is like behind an anonymous screen name...then I have zero hope for it.

by Anonymousreply 315April 21, 2023 1:57 PM

You people are bored. Go obsess over Madonna or Sam Smith or Trump. Would make more sense than obsessing over hoping something sinister is in the life of a normal woman who wanted the fuck out of the industry and not repeat her wacked out relatives' patterns.

by Anonymousreply 316April 21, 2023 2:00 PM

R313 Enjoy your day, Hortense.

by Anonymousreply 317April 21, 2023 2:01 PM

Showing a lot of class, and intelligence there, R317....keep it up. Maybe one day you'll graduate to being able to say more than just that and garbage.

by Anonymousreply 318April 21, 2023 2:04 PM

R318 You sound hungry, Hortense.

by Anonymousreply 319April 21, 2023 2:14 PM

R127 You sound mentally ill and obsessed. And ill-informed.

She had the accident quite a while before they were even engaged. And to make such, almost as if you were stating it as fact, accusations about the man, is very fucked up. Says a lot about you. Bored much or have some weird fetish for fantasizing about made up abusive scenarios about people you don't even know and based on NOTHING.

by Anonymousreply 320April 21, 2023 2:37 PM

There is absolutely nothing, at all, in any shape or form, pointing at any abusive bullshit. So, someone ages normally and doesn't wanna have shit to do with the industry anymore means she's abused or nuts?? She doesn't owe you a FUCKING explanation as to why or anything. You don't own her. You idiots act like you own her. Its so odd.

by Anonymousreply 321April 21, 2023 2:40 PM

R321 Hortense has had sufficient.

by Anonymousreply 322April 21, 2023 2:41 PM

[quote][R311] You are a troll, I see. Ignore-dar is telling.

Exactly, r314. He's also the OP. All he has are childish fat jokes and insults. While it's a little fun to watch him get wound up and then start frantically talking to himself when you stop responding, it's really better to leave him and the other(s) to themselves. OP has already been reduced to repeating his " You sound hungry," line.

Leave him/them to list fat female celebrities, make stupid jokes and shriek "Ozempic!" into the ether.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 323April 21, 2023 2:41 PM

R323 Hortense replies to herself. :-)

by Anonymousreply 324April 21, 2023 2:43 PM

You have 6 posts on DL, r323, all of them on this thread. You sound like the obsessed one.

by Anonymousreply 325April 21, 2023 3:08 PM

R325 Six posts out of 325 doesn't exactly sound like obsessed.

by Anonymousreply 326April 21, 2023 3:10 PM

But why did you create an account particularly to post on this thread?

by Anonymousreply 327April 21, 2023 3:20 PM

^You know that isn't true that I created an account for this thread, OP. That was explained to you back at post r293. I have been here since the 90s. Ignoredar mostly shows you the posting history of threads you yourself have posted in, and since you mostly post here that's what you see of my posting history.

You either have the attention span of a goldfish, or you're just trolling again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 328April 21, 2023 3:34 PM

[quote]I have been here since the 90s.

Really, I think your head would have exploded at "the World Trade Center is an Insatiable Bottom" and "Cheerleaders Die in a Fiery Crash " threads. Someone who's been here that long would be used to DL by now. We make fun of people: fat, skinny, black, white, dead, alive.....

[quote]Ignoredar mostly shows you the posting history of threads you yourself have posted in, and since you mostly post here that's what you see of my posting history.

I'm not sure you know how ignoredar works.

Anyway here's my status:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 329April 21, 2023 3:44 PM

[quote]Ignoredar mostly shows you the posting history of threads you yourself have posted in

No, ignoredar shows you the posting history of whomever you put on ignore.

by Anonymousreply 330April 21, 2023 3:46 PM

R309 I am one of the "Why would a person let themselves go when they have millions of dollars and access to health care" camp.

For me, it's not about whether Danny Elfman is a Satanist or not. It's that he's a visual and musical artist, an edgy, eccentric creative. And because this is the world I run in, and I'm one too, I can promise you that there is no way in hell he would have married Bridget Fonda if she had looked like an anonymous obese slob when then they met. She is not even remotely the same person, visually. And for visual people, yes the package you come in is part of your appeal for them. Part of the attraction. Part and parcel of the living poetry that you are.

One can only assume that they are not having sex, at the very least. And haven't been since around 2009.

And yeah, it's kinda weird.

by Anonymousreply 331April 22, 2023 6:50 PM

R331 Isn't it possible that perhaps he actually loves her??? She's the mother of his child and they have a lot in common, supposedly...both being huge horror movie fans, the eccentric (director Sam Raimi, who they basically met thru, and Danny have both mentioned this in interviews before) and I'm sure many other things. Why is it SO hard to believe that he just simply loves her???? Many in civilian life and the industry change, get older, and so do their spouses...whether in the industry or not, and they still love and in love with each other.

And this "fat slob" shit is ridiculous. I assume anyone who isn't all high class looking and dressing is considered a slob to most on here, as I think many are stuck in their own weird, convoluted social bubble and know of nothing else. Bunch of uptight, uppity Soho bitches.

In no way does she come across as a slob. Slob would be Honey Boo-Boo type shit or those My 1000lb Sister reality show bullshit. In no way is she like any of that. Very evident in that airport video. Clean, kind, polite, soft nature, clean clothes and hair.

Why don't you guys go after the recent Jack Nicholson then...who Daily Mail went after couple weeks ago, but not nearly as bad, who actually looks like a drunken slob. Then again, he always looks discheveled..but has been considered a "recluse" for 2 years now and looking messy. Why go after Bridget (and Danny?)

Also, Danny I don't think is into the super model types. His ex wife, Geri, from the 80s who he fathered two daughters with, has a very unconventional, quirky look and definitely no supermodel and a regular person who has a local business. He also lived with Tim Burton collaborator Caroline Thompson, for 4 years in a serious relationship for the early part of the 90s and she's more of a nerd type that looks like she could be a scientist or something. Still looks the same. Pretty sure it was just a huge bonus that Bridget was of that kinda beauty status. And yeah, she's supposedly into weird shit like him. Was part of their bonding when dating. Danny went into some detail about that in a couple interviews. But very very little. I take it everybody respects her decision to be private and out of the spotlight. Hence why she's not shown in any pics or the family social medias, but mentioned and few times in the background. In some social media vids. I get the idea she is very adamant about it and to raise their son in privacy. Now that he's 18, its up to him, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 332April 22, 2023 7:52 PM

Not sure why its so straaaaange for a man to actually love his wife/mother of his child, despite years and changes. Must be some sad lives/families you guys have and grew up in.

by Anonymousreply 333April 22, 2023 8:03 PM

And for all we know, but none of our business, they might be swingers or have an open relationship. Its someone else's marriage and life. Why is it so important for you dingbats to feel you're owed (some actually said that here before!!) an explanation as to why anything regarding her or her marriage?

by Anonymousreply 334April 22, 2023 8:06 PM

Dingbat Lounge: Data Lounge Dingbats have a fetish for anorexics and everything high class. And fetish putting innocent people down. Stay classy...

by Anonymousreply 335April 22, 2023 8:11 PM

R332 You make a sensible case.

For me, it's the front-butt. I'm sorry. I'll never understand how someone who used to look like her could end up with a front-butt. I'm not trying to be funny here. It seems like it would be really unpleasant and uncomfortable, as well as logistically challenging, to have a front-butt. Anyone who loves themselves would not be satisfied going through life with the hinderance of a front-butt.

Again, this is not being snarky. I'nm trynna put myself in her shoes here. I myself have gained about 30 pounds since my 30s (I'm 50). Even at that relatively tame amount of weight gain, I find it uncomfortable. Logistically, everything gets less enjoyable and harder to do as stamina decreases. It's just that little bit harder to do the physical things, and enjoy the physical ease, that allows one to maintain healthy activity levels. In youth we all take all of this ease for granted. It's a cruel truism that by the time you realize physical activity is critical for health in aging, you've already gotten out of shape, and if you'd only maintained your activity levels the entire time, you'd not have ended up in this position.

When I got to about 20 lbs of weight gain, I started feeling achy and uncomfortable in my own skin. The other 10 lbs was me resisting activity because the initial weight gain made being active so much less fun. Now I'm having to deal with all of this, and it's requiring effort on multiple fronts to revamp my diet, rebuilt my stamina, get inflammation under control, change my sleep habits, all of it. But I'd rather do that then stick my head in the sand and send the message to my family and friends that I don't care if I stroke out at age 56 and leave them too soon.

You can be an introvert, be a "civilian" and be humble, and also not be overweight. It's a massive health risk. It's not a joke. Bridget and her front-butt are at risk for every age-related disease you can think of. Loving your spouse and being a mother should include taking responsibility for your health, and the first-line big no-brainer of that, starts with managing one's weight.

It's hard to empathize with someone who is choosing to shorten their lifespan rather than get their weight and health under control, for those who love them. If I were their son Oliver I'd been begging my mother to lose weight, for her health, so that she'd be with me for as long as possible.

by Anonymousreply 336April 22, 2023 8:15 PM

R336 To be fair, she looks like she's lost a lot of weight since lastyear. So, she might actually be working on it and her family most likely has tried or trying to help. Its also very highly possible that she has certain health issues that caused it. In last year's pics she looks very much like a person on high dose prednisone or Cushing's disease. Which both cause immense weight gain and moonface syndrome. In the pics and videos from last week..it appears way less so. Not everything is laziness or deliberate. Might be many things as factors here. Might even have had post partum depression and other post partum physical issues (auto immune like MS, lupus, etc) that can indeed continue onward for years! We don't know her medical history. But definitely looks like medical issue induced... and that in itself could make one depressed.

by Anonymousreply 337April 22, 2023 8:29 PM

R337 OK I just Googled "Cushing's." Very plausible. Something like Cushings would obviously be beyond the realm of personal accountability. And yes, I agree that it's not her responsibility to inform the public of whatever it is she's battling.

by Anonymousreply 338April 22, 2023 8:41 PM

R337 Very likely, too.

Someone had posted on DailyMail comments last year when the first pics came out and they claimed to have been a former employee of the Elfmans in the very early years of their marriage and claimed Bridget always struggled with her weight and had some health issues or something. So, it appears to be nothing new or very sudden.

As for her clothes...back in her hey day she was occasionally seen wearing grunge like lounge clothes in paparazzi pics even then..plaid men's looking shirts and the like. Look it up. Its just what she likes to wear when just being normal. And those striped shirts she's had on ...they're all different. All striped and V-necked, but they're definitely different. So...no idea where people were getting the idea its the same exact shirt. She just has a bunch like that. So what. Danny also wears the same few shirts as well. At least since the lockdown. Hell, even I do that.

by Anonymousreply 339April 23, 2023 7:45 AM

People with Cushing’s have central obesity but their arms and legs are thin, which doesn’t seem consistent with how Bridget looks in the photos.

by Anonymousreply 340April 23, 2023 12:21 PM

R340 Not necessarily. Also, if she's on prednisone for something else at the same time. Prednisone, longterm, high doses, causes moonface and full weight gain.

Look at Kathleen Turner. And what's her name from 3rd Rock from the Sun that blew up to twice as big as Bridget due to her Lupus meds.

!!!!!!!!!! And not one single person has cared to notice that Bridget appears to have lost a lot of weight since last year. Compare the airport pics and video to the pics last year. Her face is different, more like her, too.

by Anonymousreply 341April 23, 2023 1:32 PM

That can't all be from prednisone. Selena Gomez has Lupus and had a kidney transplant, and she hasn't gained 150 pounds.

by Anonymousreply 342April 23, 2023 1:45 PM

Not everyone's Lupus or medication concoctions are the same nor their body's reaction to them. Everybody's different.

On second thought, maybe she *should* come out, and do just one interview, to clear shit up to fuckers ...and tell the press, if they ever hound and stalk her again like that after that, she's gonna sue or issue an immediate restraining order. But she shouldn't have to explain herself to others, though. She's not obligated to. Nor is it even right or fair that she needs to. But it might help put a stop to this bullshit. Its not just here on DL and daily mail, page six etc. All of Facebook and Twitter have been very nasty towards her as well. And on the daily mail comments. Horrific and cruel. Shocked she hasn't yet put a restraining order on those mags yet.

by Anonymousreply 343April 23, 2023 1:54 PM

Kathleen Turner...on meds permanently for illness. Bigger than Bridget. Yes, meds can cause that and yes, prednisone can cause that. Especially in older , post menopausal women.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 344April 23, 2023 2:05 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 345April 23, 2023 2:09 PM

there

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 346April 23, 2023 2:11 PM

R342 You realize not everybody's diseases and bodies are the same? And often times there's a concoction of meds used? Add that to say, post partum health issues, menopause, and whatever other health issues...

Posted above are famous examples of prednisone effects being even more severe...

by Anonymousreply 347April 25, 2023 7:02 PM

R342 Selena had also mentioned struggles in dealing with those things, too. She's also WAY YOUNGER and not a mother. What do you say to the many who have had their appearances greatly altered due to those meds? Steroids are a bitch! Longterm, added in with other meds and conditions that often accompany autoimmune diseases, and voila.

by Anonymousreply 348April 25, 2023 7:07 PM

There's zero evidence that Bridget Fonda has an autoimmune disease. It's likely that she has a binge-eating disorder, like most obese people.

by Anonymousreply 349April 25, 2023 11:01 PM

R167

Do you people who talk of "he never mentions her on his Instagram" stalk thru his Instagram incessantly or something? Or are closet Danny fans?

BTW, he has mentioned her (often its in his replies to fans) and did, just this past week. Apparently she helps give Danny tattoo ideas and helps him decide and his niece in law? or so I was told that's who he was talking about. But, he indeed said "Bridget" helps.

by Anonymousreply 350April 28, 2023 2:23 PM

To those of you that think Danny never mentions Bridget... Posted by Danny just this week on his Instagram. He mentioned Bridget and how she helps him with tattoo ideas. He often mentions her in his fan replies. And in his old Instagram story videos.

Y'all need to chill out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 351April 28, 2023 2:32 PM

R351, that doesn’t mean crap .

by Anonymousreply 352April 28, 2023 2:38 PM

And here he explains each tattoo..from an interview way back:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 353April 28, 2023 2:40 PM

R352 It means he DOES mention her and she's a part of his life and tattoo deciding.

by Anonymousreply 354April 28, 2023 2:41 PM

To R342, Selena the Junkie is on her permanent DIET of Cocaine, speed and whatever other drug she is taking. All prescribed by her Drs???? of course. She can always buy another kidney!!

by Anonymousreply 355April 28, 2023 3:16 PM

R355 Exactly.

by Anonymousreply 356April 30, 2023 4:00 PM

Far down in the most recent comments by the "ecarle" person, they break down various quotes and facts regarding Bridget where she pretty much wasn't into the stardom thing and would most likely retire if she felt she wasn't feeling it anymore. Disregard the jackass comments by jackasses earlier on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 357May 1, 2023 6:35 PM

Jack Nicholson let himself go to pot too. Marlon Brando. So now, it's Bridget. No big whoop

by Anonymousreply 358May 1, 2023 10:39 PM

Any updates?

by Anonymousreply 359May 23, 2024 3:35 AM

I hope she stays fat and doesn’t take Ozempic. Fuck em all

by Anonymousreply 360May 23, 2024 11:51 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!