Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

How long does your local UPS or FedEx delivery driver wait for you to answer the door?

I swear the drivers in my area have a policy to knock and slap a pre-filled "missed delivery' sticker on the door and leave. On more than one occasion I've heard them knock while in my bedroom, taken the approximate 10-15 second walk from my room to the door to answer, only to find a "we missed you" sticker on the damn door.

For neighbors, I've actually seen them knock and maybe spend about 5 seconds on the porch before leaving. I have actually told a neighbor who finally opened the door less than a minute later that the guy was in his truck down the street and they were, rightly, pissed.

Does anyone else have this issue? Do they actually wait a reasonable amount of time (minimum of 1 minute) before just leaving? Has anyone ever worked for these companies or done delivery work and can provide some "insider info" on exactly what kind of demands are being placed on these drivers to put them in such a hurried state like this?

by Anonymousreply 38April 16, 2023 3:14 PM

Maybe you need a wheelchair instead of a walker to get around OP.

by Anonymousreply 1April 15, 2023 9:37 PM

I have seen my delivery drivers actually pull up, drop the package off on the steps, go back to their truck and drive off. No knock on the door, no doorbell ring, no 'we missed you' note, no nothing. Just a drop off, a pivot, and back on their truck. At least AMAZON steps back to snap the photo.

by Anonymousreply 2April 15, 2023 9:38 PM

They DON'T. They run to the door as fast as they can, drop the package while taking a photo and run as fast as they can back to their truck. I receive multiple packages a day and rarely (VERY-VERY rarely) do they ever ring or knock. Any of you out there that have someone knocking, ringing, or much less waiting, well consider yourself lucky. It just doesn't happen these days.

by Anonymousreply 3April 15, 2023 9:50 PM

r3 Sometimes a package will require a signature. I've noticed this happening mostly with packages that require a signature. And it's annoying.

by Anonymousreply 4April 15, 2023 10:01 PM

R3 Yes, and they slap a sticky note on your door and run as fast as they can. The only difference is the 1 extra second it takes to slap the note up.

by Anonymousreply 5April 15, 2023 10:15 PM

OP, you can waive signature for UPS deliveries. You need to go to MyChoice (UPS website).

I usually have everything delivered to my P.O. Box, including stuff mailed via UPS.

by Anonymousreply 6April 15, 2023 10:15 PM

Sorry, R4

by Anonymousreply 7April 15, 2023 10:15 PM

Wait? No the drop off, ring the bell and go. Those drivers are on a really tight schedule and work their asses off. They have no time to wait for you. If you can't accommodate them then that's your problem. Make it look like your home, lights on door open, so at least they know you're around. You can see online exactly when your package will be delivered, so be ready

by Anonymousreply 8April 15, 2023 10:32 PM

Generally 10 seconds which is more than enough time for someone to answer a door.

by Anonymousreply 9April 15, 2023 10:38 PM

r8 I don't know why you're trying to make it sound like this is my fault. My car is parked in the driveway, blinds open, I'm literally walking from one damn room to another which takes about 10 seconds. These guys are not waiting that long. At all.

by Anonymousreply 10April 15, 2023 10:40 PM

Then sign the online option to forego a sig at the door. It's easy. Do it R10.

by Anonymousreply 11April 15, 2023 10:43 PM

@r10, Then leave a note on the door asking them to wait

by Anonymousreply 12April 15, 2023 10:51 PM

^ And don't hit on them and scare them away šŸ˜‰

by Anonymousreply 13April 15, 2023 10:52 PM

OP is trying to be a seductress and the boys are running scared.

by Anonymousreply 14April 15, 2023 10:53 PM

The last driver that waited for OP to open the door was traumatized by OP lifting his mumu and saying ā€œyumā€ while presenting hole. He put the word out so they always run like hell after ringing the bell.

by Anonymousreply 15April 15, 2023 10:59 PM

^ Yes, all the drivers know Op answers the door naked, so the run šŸ˜³

by Anonymousreply 16April 15, 2023 11:00 PM

Op you had the same thread going on recently. Do you have dementia??

by Anonymousreply 17April 15, 2023 11:14 PM

r11 FYI, FedEx operates differently than UPS with regards to signatures. I have a FedEx Delivery Manager account and they are instructed to hold packages that require a signature at the local FedEx location for pick up. I, however, for convenience would prefer to avoid having to do this. It's on their website how this works.

[quote]To avoid missed deliveries, sign up for FedEx Delivery Manager to request to hold your package at a FedEx location for you to pick up. If you already missed a delivery and received a door tag, make sure to follow the instructions on the door tag to ensure your delivery is made on the next attempt. If your shipment requires an indirect signature, then you can sign electronically through the FedEx Delivery Manager app or on fedex.com, but [bold]you cannot sign electronically for packages requiring an adult or direct signature. You must sign in person for adult or direct signature requirements.[/bold]

This issue applies to packages that require direct signature and the delivery drivers are not giving people enough time to reach the door in my neighborhood, so it's not just me.

r17 No I did not. Maybe someone else on here is having the same problem with these people? Maybe?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18April 15, 2023 11:16 PM

I agree that the UPS drivers have a ton of stuff to deliver on their routes. I don't think you can expect them to wait very long before jumping back in the truck and driving off to the next location.

by Anonymousreply 19April 15, 2023 11:17 PM

The UPS dudes bring the package to the front door, ring the doorbell once and haul ass back to their van.

While Iā€™m barely getting to the door, theyā€™re already driving away.

Usually Iā€™m able to acknowledge them and they wave back.

USPS just leaves stuff by the door, no knock or anything.

by Anonymousreply 20April 16, 2023 1:36 AM

All these delivery drivers are on super tight schedules. The volume is so much higher than it was 10 or more years ago - between Amazon Prime deliveries exploding and then the pandemic they can't keep up.

With some Amazon delivery drivers they have to shit in their cars.

So yeah, they aren't waiting for 5 minutes for you to put on your caftan and a splash of White Diamonds to waddle to the door.

Unless you or the sender specifically asked for a signature required for the package, they shouldn't be asking for a signature - just delivering it to your door.

by Anonymousreply 21April 16, 2023 1:41 AM

PS If you have a valuable package and have concerns about it, you have options for them to be held.

Fed Ex will deliver your package to the nearest FedEx Office store and hold there for a few days. I believe this is free.

UPS has a similar service but I believe it's either a fee for it or only available to UPS "deluxe" members.

And Amazon generally has a number of lockers for deliveries in a given area.

by Anonymousreply 22April 16, 2023 1:43 AM

sometimes they do not even knock or ring bell. I have had problems with this. I think the signature is BS. I think they have insurance on the packages too, if there are problems. Also, if someone steals your package they do not care at all.

by Anonymousreply 23April 16, 2023 1:43 AM

[quote] So yeah, they aren't waiting for 5 minutes for you to put on your caftan and a splash of White Diamonds to waddle to the door.

I was going to say something about expecting a UPS driver to wait until you throw on a caftan, but I held back. The White Diamonds, though, I hadn't thought of that.

by Anonymousreply 24April 16, 2023 1:44 AM

You bunch of whining entitled cunts, the world is not on YOUR schedule. And when someone says 10 seconds, you know you're a big lying cuntsface, it takes three minutes for you to fart.

by Anonymousreply 25April 16, 2023 1:46 AM

this is a problem, if you need to sign. I think they need to remove the signature. That is weird anyway.

by Anonymousreply 26April 16, 2023 1:47 AM

The FedEx delivery signature requirement is a joke. Last FedEx delivery, the driver signed himself and also didn't deliver the package. There's no way to prove that wasn't my signature or that the package wasn't delivered.

by Anonymousreply 27April 16, 2023 2:33 AM

MIne waits but that is because I blow him.

by Anonymousreply 28April 16, 2023 2:50 AM

Sexy delivery guy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29April 16, 2023 3:14 AM

[quote]Unless you or the sender specifically asked for a signature required for the package, they shouldn't be asking for a signature - just delivering it to your door.

Yes. For the billionth time, r21, that is the main problem. I don't give a shit if they just leave packages at my door. That is actually my preferred delivery method. I am referring to packages that require a signature before release. For shit like that, them not waiting even less than a minute for people to get to the damn door is ridiculous and irritating. Believe me, I would prefer these packages just get left at my door, but some senders require signatures and there is no way to override this requirement.

At the speed they leave for signature required deliveries, I doubt I'd catch them even if I had the ability to teleport to my front door.

I mentioned UPS in the title, but this is mainly an issue with FedEx for [bold]signature required[/bold] packages.

by Anonymousreply 30April 16, 2023 3:31 AM

r26 Exactly. That's why people are fed up with FedEx in my neighborhood. If the whole damn street is experiencing the same problem with the same company for signature required packages, then obviously the issue is with the driver. If a sender requires a signature for certain items, there is nothing the recipient can do about that.

by Anonymousreply 31April 16, 2023 3:35 AM

I donā€™t think they knock at all. A few times, Iā€™ve been home and then later saw a sticker on the door that I have to pick up at the main location because no one was home to sign

by Anonymousreply 32April 16, 2023 4:10 AM

OP, a couple of posters, incl. me, have said that you can go online and waive signature.

by Anonymousreply 33April 16, 2023 4:33 AM

FedEx has never come to my door, I have to go down to the lobby. UPS bangs on my door like itā€™s an FBI raid and usually waits a few more seconds after that if I donā€™t yell thank you (Iā€™m usually on a video call, but not always on mute). UPS scares the bejesus out of me, but I appreciate having my package right outside.

by Anonymousreply 34April 16, 2023 4:38 AM

Also, thereā€™s a UPS app where you can manage all your packages and nearly all tracking numbers going to your name and/or address will automatically load onto the app, so you can track them.

by Anonymousreply 35April 16, 2023 4:40 AM

r33 Again. This is not a universal rule for all delivery companies, specifically FedEx. Please see r18.

Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 36April 16, 2023 2:42 PM

One time I caught a UPS driver run up to my door and leave a missed delivery note without even ringing the bell or knocking. I jumped in my car, intercepted him at another fake delivery, and made him retrieve my package.

I also reported him.

by Anonymousreply 37April 16, 2023 2:57 PM

OK here is what I have seen the delivery peeps do, I have a job in a veterinary clinic, they will either drive through the parking lot, stop , then drive away and say itā€™s delivered. No sticker. They will then be unreachable until the following day, and then a week later you donā€™t get the refund or redelivery so you call. Then you are shuffled to several people in India that canā€™t see the entire account.

They will try to cut off the phone after they ask you why you are calling. Then the phone cuts off and they say, ā€œhello can you hear meā€ and you can still hear them. Itā€™s a stalling tactic. If you donā€™t beg and wheedle to them they will mark the address as undeliverable. If they use those tactics whenever you order something, you have to avoid complaining because they will cut you off. Thankfully my job still gets delivery but we had to send video evidence of repeated non deliveries to get reinstated. Also, we taped and captioned the calls and proved that the person in my job following up on each of the non delivery incidents was polite when attempting to locate the deliveries.

by Anonymousreply 38April 16, 2023 3:14 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!