Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

DiFi -- you in DANGER, girl

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205August 16, 2023 10:42 PM

About time.

by Anonymousreply 1April 12, 2023 10:26 PM

She looks completely vacant in that photo.

by Anonymousreply 2April 12, 2023 10:26 PM

Who is Ralph Byrd, R1?

by Anonymousreply 3April 12, 2023 10:41 PM

Is one of them the father of Larry?

by Anonymousreply 4April 12, 2023 10:44 PM

R4 Big time

by Anonymousreply 5April 12, 2023 10:44 PM

This old bag of buzzard meat should have been shoved out on an ice floe years ago.

by Anonymousreply 6April 12, 2023 10:46 PM

16 current senators are 75 or over. Almost 40 members of Congress are the same age.

Why would they want to keep working? They’re old and this is a job that requires sharpness and vitality I would think.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7April 12, 2023 10:48 PM

There were rumors about her for years, but when she nearly slipped Miss Lindz the tongue on the floor of the Senate, she's gone off a cliff.

by Anonymousreply 8April 12, 2023 10:49 PM

R7, and those politicians do not have to live with the future consequences of their votes!

by Anonymousreply 9April 12, 2023 10:50 PM

Chuck Grassley, in the first blossom of youth at only 89, is the next oldest

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10April 12, 2023 10:54 PM

Grassley exhibits normal aging, he has shown no signs of dementia. He can function as a legislator. I’m not overly happy about the idea that he may become president pro tempore of the Senate in 2025 and third in line for the presidency but then I’m not happy with Biden’s age either but I don’t think he’s demented.

by Anonymousreply 11April 13, 2023 1:20 AM

I read that Feinstein has had shingles over the past month, so maybe it isn't her mind that's the cause of her absence.

by Anonymousreply 12April 13, 2023 1:23 AM

[quote]Grassley exhibits normal aging, he has shown no signs of dementia. He can function as a legislator. I’m not overly happy about the idea that he may become president pro tempore of the Senate in 2025 and third in line for the presidency but then I’m not happy with Biden’s age either but I don’t think he’s demented.

Oh honey, Biden is making a truly senile, fool of himself in Ireland.

by Anonymousreply 13April 13, 2023 1:26 AM

^^ STFU. Biden is better on his worst day than Trump has ever been or ever will.

by Anonymousreply 14April 13, 2023 1:29 AM

Committees- senior positions and seniority. There's actually a functional reason people stay on, and we need old Dems who've done the work and know the rules.

But getting on the news and arrested and Twitter works just as well.

by Anonymousreply 15April 13, 2023 1:42 AM

Her resignation would effectively end the Senate campaigns of Adam Schiff & Katie Porter, as Newsom would appoint Barbara Lee as Feinstein’s replacement.

by Anonymousreply 16April 13, 2023 1:55 AM

[quote]16 current senators are 75 or over. Almost 40 members of Congress are the same age.

{quote}Why would they want to keep working? They’re old and this is a job that requires sharpness and vitality I would think.

R7 Power, money, getting their clit sucked

by Anonymousreply 17April 13, 2023 2:50 AM

[quote] and we need old Dems

And we need new Dems. I've noticed that the Republican Party seems to do a better job of mentoring, drafting, and pushing horrible, new young politicians, while the Democrats want our politicians to hold on until they're 90-years-old.

by Anonymousreply 18April 13, 2023 2:56 AM

[quote] I’m not happy with Biden’s age either but I don’t think he’s demented.

Hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 19April 13, 2023 3:06 AM

[quote] Why would they want to keep working?

I don't know, but at least in DiFi's case, she's the equivalent of someone who is just sitting at the top of the staircase. Being a physical impediment and forcing everybody else to have to work their way around her.

by Anonymousreply 20April 13, 2023 6:18 AM

This Feinstein bitch has got to go!

by Anonymousreply 21April 13, 2023 6:24 AM

"I'm going to work — "

"Oh, Di, honey, don't you remember you resigned last week? Here, I'll put on Wheel of Fortune and make you a cup of tea."

"Oh, I forgot. Thank you, sweetheart."

by Anonymousreply 22April 13, 2023 6:35 AM

R22, good point. This is a failure of everybody within DiFi's inner circle (family, friends, staffers) who have continued to enable or even encourage this embarrassing situation.

by Anonymousreply 23April 13, 2023 6:37 AM

Thanks, r23. I'm not kidding. When my father had dementia I would come over to look after him while my mother took a couple of hours to go to a restaurant, do some shopping, just breathe outside the house.

"Where's your mother?"

"She's upstairs taking a nap. I'm here to keep you company."

"Oh, right."

by Anonymousreply 24April 13, 2023 6:39 AM

Age and term limits. NOW.

by Anonymousreply 25April 13, 2023 6:59 AM

R16, I like Rep. Barbara Lee, but wouldn't it make sense to appoint a younger replacement? She's going to be 77 in a few months.

by Anonymousreply 26April 13, 2023 8:04 AM

It's hell getting old. :-/

by Anonymousreply 27April 13, 2023 10:01 AM

Some people are clueless when they don't realize it's time to exit gracefully. Who does she think she is, me???

by Anonymousreply 28April 13, 2023 10:14 AM

It's really embarrassing and sours the end of her career. She doesn't know how to give up power gracefully. Somebody needs to kick her and walker down Lombard Street. Metaphorically speaking.

by Anonymousreply 29April 13, 2023 10:36 AM

She’s probably so impaired now that she can’t formulate the intent to resign. Are there legal means to forcibly remove her for incapacity?

by Anonymousreply 30April 13, 2023 10:38 AM

I love how WE are supposed to work our shit jobs and save up a big pile ($2m at least bro) and have our glorious retirement when these fuckers NEVER go away. Does Rupert Murdoch retire? Does SCOTUS retire? Do these ancient fucks in the senate retire?

by Anonymousreply 31April 13, 2023 10:43 AM

Feinstein obviously can't do the job and should resign. The same applies to Fetterman.

by Anonymousreply 32April 13, 2023 10:46 AM

It really is rather disgusting that democrats cannot wait another year until Senator Feinstein leaves office of her own accord (not running for reelection in 2024).

This is all about allowing Newsom to hand pick her replacement who would thus be an incumbent and stand a better chance at his/her own election bid.

It's not like CA is in any danger of electing a republican to senate, so what else is there to gain by harassing Senator Feinstein.

by Anonymousreply 33April 13, 2023 11:32 AM

No, this is about Feinstein's absence from her Judiciary Committee role which is allowing Republicans to block Biden's nominations to the courts. In an evenly-divided Senate and a GQP-controlled House, the Judiciary is one of the few areas in which Biden can flex a bit of muscle.

At least DiFi has recognized this fact and asked Schumer to temporarily replace her on the Committee. In a move unlike the usual Democrat's modus operandi of shooting themselves in the foot, he's agreed and has said he'll act next week.

by Anonymousreply 34April 13, 2023 3:16 PM

R3 - sorry.....thought of the wrong guy.....but you know the senile old fool I was talking about.....

by Anonymousreply 35April 13, 2023 3:19 PM

She should have never run for re-election the last time, she was too old and dottering then. I don't get why they can't retire with dignity and grace, freeing up the position for the next generation. Barbara Boxer did it--go spend some time relaxing on the beach or playing with your grandkids. Why would you WANT to stay in DC with all of the bickering and fighting?

by Anonymousreply 36April 13, 2023 4:57 PM

[quote]Why would you WANT to stay in DC with all of the bickering and fighting?

For some of them that's what defines their life. The alternative, retirement, just equals death...or worse, irrelevance.

by Anonymousreply 37April 13, 2023 5:05 PM

^ yeah

Heaven forfend they take up gardening or golf or pickleball or just play with the grandchildren ... and great-granchildren.

by Anonymousreply 38April 13, 2023 5:13 PM

[quote]At least DiFi has recognized this fact and asked Schumer to temporarily replace her on the Committee. In a move unlike the usual Democrat's modus operandi of shooting themselves in the foot, he's agreed and has said he'll act next week.

I seriously doubt Dianne recognized this fact. More likely, her staff had to hound and harass her shitty family to do the right thing. She can't recognize her own self in the mirror.

[quote]And we need new Dems. I've noticed that the Republican Party seems to do a better job of mentoring, drafting, and pushing horrible, new young politicians, while the Democrats want our politicians to hold on until they're 90-years-old.

Democrats are lazy, and stupid. They're going to keep doing this until 1) all the old farts die off and/or 2) the moment it bites them in the ass and they end up losing the house or senate because of this situation.

either way, they don't even have a 2 year plan, much less a 5 or 10 yr plan.

by Anonymousreply 39April 13, 2023 5:18 PM

r39 in the *Fox News tea comes spilling out via Dominion Lawsuit* thread:

[quote]All of this comes out about fox news and the only thing democrats can do is joke about it.

[quote]Louis DeJoy still has his job. Trump and all the republicans behind January 6th still walk free.

[quote]Biden decided on day 1 that, America just need to put this all behind them.

Bless your heart, r39.

by Anonymousreply 40April 13, 2023 6:02 PM

Until Dems like Schumer shrivel up and die, we will never be able to fight the parasitic right-wing. It should at least be comeone like Sheldon Whitehouse in leadership. Schumer is fucking awful.

by Anonymousreply 41April 13, 2023 6:16 PM

someone*

by Anonymousreply 42April 13, 2023 6:16 PM

DiFi - dead woman walking. Please resign.

by Anonymousreply 43April 13, 2023 6:23 PM

You know…the real people at fault here are the people who keep voting her in…it was a widely known “secret” the last time she ran that she had some form of dementia…but they still voted her in.

by Anonymousreply 44April 13, 2023 6:26 PM

R44, was anyone even allowed to primary her? I would say it was the DNC that is at fault. She's establishment and they probably threatened anyone who thought of challenging her.

by Anonymousreply 45April 13, 2023 6:30 PM

She ran against another democrat, Kevin de Leon, in the general, r45. And he didn’t do that badly…6,019,422 vs. 5,093,942.

It was way closer than in previous years when she ran against a Republican and the gap was in the millions.

by Anonymousreply 46April 13, 2023 7:13 PM

FUCKING RETIRE

by Anonymousreply 47April 13, 2023 7:50 PM

R39 Did you miss the whole thing where Pelosi, Hoyer, and Clyburn stepped down from House leadership to allow Hakeem Jeffries and other younger Dems to take over?

by Anonymousreply 48April 13, 2023 7:57 PM

I don’t think Clyburn did.

by Anonymousreply 49April 13, 2023 8:00 PM

Yeah, Clyburn refused

by Anonymousreply 50April 13, 2023 8:20 PM

But the point still stands, the Democrats (at least in the House) are trying to mentor and bring up the next generation.

by Anonymousreply 51April 13, 2023 8:23 PM

While still not giving up their fucking seats.

by Anonymousreply 52April 13, 2023 8:29 PM

She and her circle are selfish assholes who are setting her up for legacy ruination like RBG.

by Anonymousreply 53April 13, 2023 8:30 PM

Another dull, dreary hack terrified of retiring because, "What would I DO?!".

by Anonymousreply 54April 13, 2023 9:12 PM

I think she spends her days asking "Where am I?"

by Anonymousreply 55April 13, 2023 9:21 PM

I know what's on DiFi's Ipod....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56April 13, 2023 9:24 PM

R44, that is a very good point. And it made me wonder: just which Californians keep voting her in? I'd love to hear their reasoning, but I can't seem to find many people nowadays who admit to voting for her in the last election?

by Anonymousreply 57April 14, 2023 5:38 AM

R36 makes a good point about Barbara Boxer. She retired before she got too old and it opened the way for Kamala Harris to replace her. If Feinstein had followed Boxer's lead and opened the way for another Dem, this whole situation could have been avoided.

by Anonymousreply 58April 14, 2023 7:08 AM

R26, Newsom has kinda boxed himself into appointing a Black person after his previous, non-Black, appointees.

by Anonymousreply 59April 14, 2023 7:40 AM

There was an attempt to primary her by the party, but the voters had other ideas.

Reminds me of those cases where a dead person wins the vote.

For god's sake, her daughter has already retired from her job as a Federal Judge.

It's sad when people define themselves by their work and can't imagine having a life beyond that, but given the recent death of her husband and health issues, she may consider quitting as giving up on life altogether.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60April 14, 2023 7:53 AM

I thought she was retiring soon?

by Anonymousreply 61April 14, 2023 8:02 AM

She was born in 1933. She grew up under FDR, the Great Depression, and WWII! Christ people, that’s ancient history!

by Anonymousreply 62April 14, 2023 11:50 AM

Thirsty old coot

by Anonymousreply 63April 14, 2023 12:11 PM

[quote] Her resignation would effectively end the Senate campaigns of Adam Schiff & Katie Porter, as Newsom would appoint Barbara Lee as Feinstein’s replacement.

In '21, Newsom commited to picking a Black woman should another opportunity to make a Senate appointment avail itself.

by Anonymousreply 64April 14, 2023 1:58 PM

TERM LIMITS!

by Anonymousreply 65April 14, 2023 2:03 PM

^ We'd need a constitutional amendment for that for US Senate seats.

by Anonymousreply 66April 14, 2023 2:11 PM

[quote]In '21, Newsom commited to picking a Black woman should another opportunity to make a Senate appointment avail itself.

Why is it always a black woman? As if they are the most qualified

by Anonymousreply 67April 14, 2023 2:42 PM

Of course we are.

by Anonymousreply 68April 14, 2023 3:49 PM

[quote]Why is it always a black woman?

Newsom ruffled some feathers when he chose Alex Padilla to replace Kamala Harris; hence his promise to appoint a Black woman next.

by Anonymousreply 69April 14, 2023 4:05 PM

Will there be a lottery?

by Anonymousreply 70April 14, 2023 4:21 PM

[quote] Why is it always a black woman? As if they are the most qualified—identity politics

Yes, a whopping TWO black women. The VP and a single SC justice. My goodness, how do you manage to function? Oh, God. I forgot about the WH spokesperson. You want smelling salts?

If only they were as qualified as Palin was or several of the current, white SC justices who have less experience than KBJ or the brilliant Kayley Mcenany and her large, empty binder.

by Anonymousreply 71April 14, 2023 9:47 PM

re: Newsom

He makes it all about race.

No, thanks.

by Anonymousreply 72April 14, 2023 9:51 PM

R72, did you have a similar issue with Trump picking Pence, in an overt attempt to appeal to evangelicals, a key component of HIS party’s base?

by Anonymousreply 73April 15, 2023 3:58 AM

R73 there was never a chance in hell that I was going to vote for Dump, regardless of whom he picked for the VP slot.

by Anonymousreply 74April 15, 2023 10:59 AM

That didn't answer R73's question, R74. Go ahead and answer it because I want some clarification on why when the Republican "listens to their constituents" they're doing a great job (despite them wanting the most racist, misogynist, homophobic thing) while the Democrat "panders to their base" particularly when they reach out to their most consistent supporters.

by Anonymousreply 75April 15, 2023 1:42 PM

[quote] Why is it always a black woman? As if they are the most qualified—identity politics

When you idiots use "identity politics," how the fuck do you think the Republican party wins? How the fuck do you think a complete imbecile and morally bankrupt racist, bigoted pile of dogshit with less than no qualifications named Donald Trump, became president? His bullhorn hate towards people based on what they were -- that was the moment he ascended to Republican cult leader. He said out loud what most of those scumbags think.

"Identity Politics" is the entire god damned platform of the Republican Party and has been for decades. When Karl Rove got the nomination for Dubya from McCain, he used McCain's "black daughter" to get Dubya that nomination.

"Identity politics" exists because Republicans isolate people based on their "Identity" and demonize those people, so take your "identity politics" bullshit as you watch unqualified white Christian idiots get into power. and shove it up your ass.

by Anonymousreply 76April 15, 2023 1:53 PM

[quote] In '21, Newsom commited to picking a Black woman should another opportunity to make a Senate appointment avail itself.

This is the kind of thing that got us Kamala Harris as vice president.

And I'm not speaking ill of Barbara Lee, whom I admire.

by Anonymousreply 77April 15, 2023 3:20 PM

Marry me, R76!

by Anonymousreply 78April 15, 2023 3:31 PM

R75 I understand the electoral considerations of picking certain people with certain characteristics to fill out a ticket, and presumably help get to 270+ electoral votes. Sometimes that calculus may seem to be correct (Pence? Harris?) while other times it's not (Palin?). I'm sure pollsters and consultants earn many millions of dollars by 'prognosticating' what ticking certain boxes will do for a ticket. I think, generally, reality is more complicated and there is no one-to-one correlation. I find if difficult to believe that many CA voted for Biden over Dump just b/c of Harris. Ditto, many black Americans. But I could be wrong.

Newsom seems to be universalizing this supposed calculus well beyond presidential elections, such that it now seems 'race' is his primary consideration for appointment to any office. I think that is a further corruption or our political process. And I think it is racism.

by Anonymousreply 79April 15, 2023 5:44 PM

Barbara Lee is well past retirement age. Why should she get the nomination?

by Anonymousreply 80April 15, 2023 5:47 PM

[quote]I find if difficult to believe that many CA voted for Biden over Dump just b/c of Harris. Ditto, many black Americans. But I could be wrong.

You're correct... in that you are wrong. Part of Biden's victory was in fact due to his choice of running mate; perhaps not in California (because many of us lived through Harris' disastrous term as San Francisco DA and tried to warn the rest of the country that she wasn't up to the task), but certainly in other regions of the country.

What I find egregious about your "I think it is racism" for Newsom to openly talk about appointing a black person for the Senate should DiFi retire is that you are dismissing hundreds of years of racism as though Biden selecting Harris or Newsom appointing Padilla sufficiently compensates minorities for centuries of suffering. Forgive me if I can't articulate it will enough, but this is white supremacy on full display.

by Anonymousreply 81April 15, 2023 7:58 PM

^ yeah sure

I'm a gay male who was raised by a single mother on public assistance. Surely, I'm showing my white supremacy and privilege.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82April 15, 2023 9:10 PM

What's really dumb about this situation are the Dems claiming this 1000 year old woman is being asked to step down due to misogyny and that we wouldn't do the same for a man. What bullshit. Have any of these men stay out for this long and actually holding up appointments and see how it is tolerated.

She and her circle are incredibly selfish putting themselves before the constituents. She alone is causing a hold up on appointments. It has nothing to do with her being a woman and everything to do with her not being able to fulfill her duties as a senator.

by Anonymousreply 83April 16, 2023 12:25 AM

The whole misogyny claim with Feinstein is largely BS. She's been out of it for a few years now, I would say ever since she hugged Miss Lindsey during that hearing. The press has even tepidly written a few articles about it in the last year or so. And you know if they are writing stories about it, her dementia is probably 10X worse than anyone knows.

Old wrinkle dick Chuck Grassley, as much as I think he's a POS, mostly seems to still have all of his marbles.

by Anonymousreply 84April 16, 2023 1:21 AM

This seems to be the minimum requirement of an elected senator.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85April 16, 2023 10:57 AM

Oh, dear.

Where is this bitch, anyway?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86May 3, 2023 10:21 PM

Total misogyny and hypocrisy. If they pretend ancient Joe is fit for office and even reelection they can't deny the same about Feinstein.

[quote] Who is Ralph Byrd, [R1]?

The best Dick Tracy until Warren Beatty came along. Everybody knows that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87May 3, 2023 11:06 PM

^ are you fucking kidding me?

Joe is in the office. Where the fuck is DiFi?

by Anonymousreply 88May 3, 2023 11:13 PM

I get that it's about being fit to serve and not necessarily about age but I still get a kick out of how Ro Khanna is running 76-year-old Barbara Lee's campaign to replace Feinstein.

by Anonymousreply 89May 3, 2023 11:19 PM

Presumably BL is compos mentis, at least for now

but yeah, it's not the next generation

by Anonymousreply 90May 3, 2023 11:26 PM

DiFi and RBG are two of a kind. Ego over the good of the party and the country. Self righteous cunts.

by Anonymousreply 91May 3, 2023 11:46 PM

from her cold, dead hands

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92May 4, 2023 9:33 PM

[quote] from her cold, dead hands

If you had pocketed as much from insider trading as Di and her husband you wouldn't be in any hurry to disembark from the gravy train either.

by Anonymousreply 93May 4, 2023 10:13 PM

I don't think it's about money at that point. These very old people have more than enough to live very comfortably for the rest of their life. I think it's more about losing the attention, status and power that the position gives them. I'd imagine that most politicians score high on narcissism.

by Anonymousreply 94May 4, 2023 10:19 PM

Yeah they delude themselves into thinking they're indispensable. It is narcissism.

by Anonymousreply 95May 4, 2023 10:20 PM

She need to go.

by Anonymousreply 96May 4, 2023 10:24 PM

The Gray Lady piles on

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97May 5, 2023 10:32 AM

But also it needs to be recognized that American politics tends to have an undue respect for seniority. It should be more encouraged that people can challenge old or out of touch politicians.

by Anonymousreply 98May 5, 2023 1:05 PM

The ROT in Washington is stinking up the whole country.

by Anonymousreply 99May 5, 2023 1:27 PM

There’s certainly some anti-Feinstein sentiment that goes beyond her being old and decrepit.

by Anonymousreply 100May 5, 2023 1:30 PM

I'm Younger Than Springtime.....

by Anonymousreply 101May 5, 2023 7:24 PM

^ crazy never ages

by Anonymousreply 102May 5, 2023 9:38 PM

Seven more judges approved by the Senate this week. Apparently they haven't slowed down much if at all, regardless of what the useless Justice Democrat-adjacent Ro Khanna says.

I really don't like him.

by Anonymousreply 103May 6, 2023 12:22 AM

R103, bullshit. The GOP is only allowing the ones of whom they approve. Dems can't counter the conservative stranglehold on the courts because certain judges can't get through.

Her legacy is becoming one of wishing she'd dropped dead. She and her team can go fuck themselves for being so selfish. She is no longer serving her constituents. She's only serving her own ego. And it shows how tone deaf she and anyone defending her is by claiming it's because she's a woman when we'd all be saying the exact same thing if she were a man. If a male were not currently serving going on several months now and hindering Dems from doing their job, everyone would be calling for his head.

by Anonymousreply 104May 9, 2023 9:48 PM

Im bak bishes

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105May 9, 2023 9:51 PM

R105 if you told me that was a corpse, I'd believe you.

JESUS CHRIST, RETIRE!!!

by Anonymousreply 106May 9, 2023 9:52 PM

Jesus, it's a wonder there isn't someone in a black cloak and carrying a scythe behind her.

by Anonymousreply 107May 9, 2023 9:53 PM

This is gross. She was shamed to come back and looks like death. She's a nasty cunt, now. Way to go, old lady.

by Anonymousreply 108May 9, 2023 9:57 PM

Heaven forbid she take up knitting or scrap-booking or some other way to fill her last days.

by Anonymousreply 109May 9, 2023 10:01 PM

She won't even know where she is - or how she got there - or what she's supposed to do.

by Anonymousreply 110May 9, 2023 10:24 PM

She’s stubborn, won’t accept reality, thinks she’s indispensable, and like some others, regards the U.S. Senate as her nursing home.

Her children/grandchildren need to insist she retires now. If her staff are pressing her to stay for selfish reasons, shame on them.

by Anonymousreply 111May 9, 2023 11:20 PM

There's no excuse for her to have shingles, the vaccine has been available for some time and I'm sure her physician mentioned to her.

by Anonymousreply 112May 9, 2023 11:27 PM

[quote]Her children/grandchildren need to insist she retires now.

I'd bet that even if they did (and maybe they already have) she wouldn't listen to them. She's an example of someone who loves power so much that you have to wrest it from her. It's quite common really, which is why democracies exist to prevent situations like this when unsuitable people won't leave.

by Anonymousreply 113May 10, 2023 12:10 AM

[quote]There's no excuse for her to have shingles, the vaccine has been available for some time and I'm sure her physician mentioned to her.

It’s less effective in older people.

by Anonymousreply 114May 10, 2023 12:31 AM

[quote]There's no excuse for her to have shingles, the vaccine has been available for some time and I'm sure her physician mentioned to her.

ALL THE SHINGLESH LADIESH!

by Anonymousreply 115May 10, 2023 12:35 AM

Diane Feinstein wants to wait until her absence really messes things up, like ruth bader cuntsberg

The democrats knew that roe was going to be overturned, that the case was up before the supreme court and couldn't be fucking bothered to codify it. The democrats don't care. They don't want to work past 5pm. They don't want to do any overtime. They want to do the bare minimum

by Anonymousreply 116May 10, 2023 12:36 AM

R114, she should have had it a decade ago.

by Anonymousreply 117May 10, 2023 12:36 AM

I'm ready to serve!

by Anonymousreply 118May 10, 2023 12:38 AM

R117 it’s only good for about 5 years.

by Anonymousreply 119May 10, 2023 12:41 AM

You're full of shit R119. Completely full - of - SHIT

by Anonymousreply 120May 10, 2023 1:07 AM

Take it up with the CDC, r120. Shingrix is 7 years. Zostavac is five years.

[quote]In adults 50 years and older who have healthy immune systems, Shingrix is more than 90% effective at preventing shingles and PHN. Immunity stays strong for at least the first 7 years after vaccination.

And that’s for people with a healthy immune system.

by Anonymousreply 121May 10, 2023 1:12 AM

At this point we need someone to just prop up her skeleton and tell her when to vote yes so we can get judges confirmed. The situation is the situation.

by Anonymousreply 122May 10, 2023 1:15 AM

It's up to 10 yrs

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123May 10, 2023 1:15 AM

I'm sure you'll disagree

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124May 10, 2023 1:16 AM

Mine came from the CDC, r123.

by Anonymousreply 125May 10, 2023 1:17 AM

If Jerry Brown was 5 to 10 years younger I'd say someone should pressure her hard to resign, appoint Jerry for the rest of her term if he agreed not to run, and then let the candidates now running for her seat sort it out.

But he's 85.

Still, he knows the state.

by Anonymousreply 126May 10, 2023 1:19 AM

I think Newsom has committed to appointing a Black woman in DiFi's place if she steps down early.

by Anonymousreply 127May 10, 2023 4:01 AM

R127, don't care as long as she's a solid D vote which is all that is needed to fend off the fascist right and to actually get things done without Rs. Those fuckers have done enough damage and DiFi's absence has caused enough delay.

by Anonymousreply 128May 10, 2023 5:49 AM

Chuck Grassley is 89 too and re-elected during the last midterms. His Democratic opponent had impressive credentials including distinguished military service.

As a senior, I favor term and age limits. That includes federal judges as well.

by Anonymousreply 129May 10, 2023 11:16 AM

DiFi on wheels

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130May 10, 2023 9:34 PM

Say your goodbyes, Dianne. Give Miss Lindsey another great big ole hug, and then be off to California for retirement.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131May 10, 2023 11:41 PM

Miss Lindsey only gets hugs from Dianne. From her orange muffin, she receives much, much more.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132May 10, 2023 11:47 PM

We should be protesting the gerontocracy on both sides. They’re the ones causing this shit.

by Anonymousreply 133May 11, 2023 12:26 AM

Ro Khanna is so handsome.

by Anonymousreply 134May 11, 2023 12:37 AM

The Senate's median age is 65.3 years which is retirement age for most people.

by Anonymousreply 135May 11, 2023 12:46 AM

65.3 years old? Shit. They have a 20 good years of insider trading left in them.

by Anonymousreply 136May 11, 2023 2:16 AM

Did they dig her out of the grave? She looks decrepit

by Anonymousreply 137May 11, 2023 2:25 AM

According to her doctor, she's supposed to take 'a lighter schedule than normal'. WTF does that mean? They roll in her like they used to do for Strom Thurman so she can vote however her aids told her?

by Anonymousreply 138May 11, 2023 10:34 AM

Almost like Weekend At Bernie's, R138

by Anonymousreply 139May 12, 2023 12:11 AM

Dump her and then dump on her.

by Anonymousreply 140May 12, 2023 12:21 AM

QUE ?

by Anonymousreply 141May 12, 2023 12:24 AM

Lindsey Graham hugs will convince her to vote his way. There is risk.

by Anonymousreply 142May 12, 2023 5:43 PM

Look at this pathetic mess. Her family ought to be brought up on charges of abuse

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143May 15, 2023 7:33 AM

R143

Her staffers too.

We all know now the Senate staffers love their POWER too.

by Anonymousreply 144May 15, 2023 7:55 AM

Insider trading and peddling influence. A bunch, beyond the family, are profiting from DF staying in office.

Senators won’t tell on each other. Same in the House.

by Anonymousreply 145May 15, 2023 8:06 AM

All those Senators said she shouldn’t retire, it was the House members calling her out.

Those Senators were also protecting John Fetterman.

by Anonymousreply 146May 15, 2023 8:55 AM

She looks 3/4 dead.

by Anonymousreply 147May 15, 2023 10:24 AM

Why do Dems feel obligated to announce the race/gender of possible appointees in advance. I’ve never gotten over Elizabeth Warren announcing she’d pick a trans person to head the Education Dept. Just say some mumbo jumbo about diversity. Don’t box yourself in.

by Anonymousreply 148May 15, 2023 11:02 AM

How about picking the right person for the job for a change? One who preferably doesn’t steal women’s luggage at the airport.

by Anonymousreply 149May 15, 2023 11:19 AM

The woman can even make an F. She spells her surname with a P.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150May 15, 2023 11:24 AM

Barbara Boxer knew when to retire. She still does interviews.

Feinstein is way past her expiration date.

by Anonymousreply 151May 15, 2023 11:40 AM

girl is demented

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152May 18, 2023 9:52 PM

JFC.

When she arrived at the Capitol last week after a more than two-month absence recovering from shingles, Senator Dianne Feinstein, Democrat of California, 89, appeared shockingly diminished.

Using a wheelchair, with the left side of her face frozen and one eye nearly shut, she seemed disoriented as an aide steered her through the marble corridors of the Senate, complaining audibly that something was stuck in her eye.

Ms. Feinstein’s frail appearance was a result of several complications after she was hospitalized for shingles in February, some of which she has not publicly disclosed. The shingles spread to her face and neck, causing vision and balance impairments and facial paralysis known as Ramsay Hunt syndrome. The virus also brought on a previously unreported case of encephalitis, a rare but potentially debilitating complication of shingles that a spokesman confirmed on Thursday after The New York Times first revealed it, saying that the condition had “resolved itself” in March.

Characterized by swelling of the brain, post-shingles encephalitis can leave patients with lasting memory or language problems, sleep disorders, bouts of confusion, mood disorders, headaches and difficulties walking. Older patients tend to have the most trouble recovering. And even before this latest illness, Ms. Feinstein had already suffered substantial memory issues that had raised questions about her mental capacity.

The grim tableau of her re-emergence on Capitol Hill laid bare a bleak reality known to virtually everyone who has come into contact with her in recent days: She was far from ready to return to work when she did, and she is now struggling to function in a job that demands long days, near-constant engagement on an array of crucial policy issues and high-stakes decision-making.

In the statement provided after The Times’s article was published on Thursday, Ms. Feinstein’s spokesman acknowledged that the senator continued to suffer the effects of Ramsay Hunt syndrome. Her office declined to comment further for this article, beyond a statement from Ms. Feinstein saying: “I’m back in Washington, voting and attending committee meetings while I recover from complications related to a shingles diagnosis. I continue to work and get results for California.”

by Anonymousreply 153May 18, 2023 9:56 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154May 18, 2023 10:00 PM

Her stafferswon’t relinquish POWER!

by Anonymousreply 155May 18, 2023 10:33 PM

Fucking unreal. She's basically not present.

by Anonymousreply 156May 18, 2023 10:34 PM

At this point, it is cruelty for her staff to be wheeling her around the Capitol. They are more selfish than she has been. The same may be said about her family members.

She looks very unhealthy. It has to be physically painful for Feinstein.

Retire now and go home.

by Anonymousreply 157May 19, 2023 12:34 AM

That image at r154 is like a still from AMERICAN HORROR STORY: FEINSTEIN.

by Anonymousreply 158May 19, 2023 1:26 AM

[quote] Nancy Pelosi’s Eldest Daughter Is Dianne Feinstein’s Secret Caretaker

Weekend at Bernie's puppeteering until Nancy can get maneuver her own candidate into the office

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159May 19, 2023 2:11 AM

If Feinstein were to resign now, Newsom would appoint a replacement to serve out her term, and since he's already announced it would be a black woman, it would most likely be Barbara Lee, who's already said she's running for the job at the end of Feinstein's term.

However, Nancy Pelosi wants Adam Schiff to be the next California senator, and she (and Schiff's supporters) are worried that if Barbara Lee gets appointed to the seat now, she'll have a head start over Schiff and he won't get in. So the Pelosi people want Feinstein to stay in the seat until her term is up and there's an open primary, even if she's basically non-functional.

Nobody comes out of this looking very good.

by Anonymousreply 160May 19, 2023 2:29 AM

This is really embarrassing. In any other country Ms. Feinstein would have been forced out if for nothing else than good of her party. Instead like RBG and others Ms. Feinstein is going hold on until death apparently.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161May 19, 2023 4:40 AM

"Ms. Feinstein flew on a chartered private plane last week to return to Washington, accompanied by her dog, her longtime housekeeper and Nancy Corinne Prowda, the eldest daughter of Representative Nancy Pelosi of California, the former House speaker who has been a longtime friend of Ms. Feinstein’s and has been practically living at her house during her recovery."

Shades of Dolores Claiborne!

by Anonymousreply 162May 19, 2023 4:42 AM

Pure ageism.

by Anonymousreply 163May 19, 2023 4:43 AM

Pelosi showing Gavin she is still the boss

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164May 19, 2023 5:35 AM

I think Schiff would be a fantastic Senator for California. I hope it shakes down that we get the best person, and not a checked box for the gender or ethnicity of some person less qualified who fits the hemlines of that day.

If Democrats were smart at all they'd be pushing a theme of "The Democratic Party is the best place for white men too!" and show that just because you're a white guy you don't need to be a MAGA asshole!

by Anonymousreply 165May 19, 2023 6:46 AM

Pelosi has usually been such a smart politician. Probably the most consequential woman in American politics in the past few decades. But this Weekend at Bernie's thing she's doing with Diane just because she favors Schiff is not a good look.

Also, it's a Senate seat from California. It will always go to a Dem, so why are centrists so afraid of it going to a progressive like Barbara Lee? Completely safe seats like this are opportunities to elect a progressive candidate. It's not like this is some Swing state seat. Not to mention, it's not like Lee is some upstart activist. The woman's a lifer, too, and hardly a spring chicken herself at 76.

by Anonymousreply 166May 19, 2023 6:58 AM

Gavin Newsom is partly responsible for the mess. He could have said if the Senate seat becomes vacant, he’d appoint someone who would not seek the seat for the ‘24 election. Also, he needed to have kept his mouth shut about the race and gender of the person he would appoint.

by Anonymousreply 167May 19, 2023 7:22 AM

I think she's tremendous!

by Anonymousreply 168May 19, 2023 7:53 AM

r167 - that's true. Whether well intentioned or just signaling to the base, you're right that he didn't help the situation. I don't think that negates Pelosi's poor judgment on this one, though.

by Anonymousreply 169May 19, 2023 1:01 PM

Isn’t Barbara Lee 76? That’s like appointing DiFi’s replacement with another DiFi.

by Anonymousreply 170May 19, 2023 1:46 PM

"Here’s an updated take that will undoubtedly draw some objections: Feinstein holding the seat until the election next year may be the most responsible thing she can do in case of one possible, albeit unlikely, scenario: a vacancy on the Supreme Court. In indulging her stubbornness, her ego, her paranoia—whatever we want to call it—Feinstein may be what stands between a 6-to-3 conservative Supreme Court majority tilting to a 7-to-2 position, or the key to it shifting back to 5-4. Either of those outcomes would be one liberals may regret not having taken more seriously.

One might argue that all that is more reason for Feinstein to resign, and let a younger, healthier Democrat take over her spot on the committee. But that’s not what would be guaranteed to happen. Even if Feinstein were to leave her seat early, allowing California Gov. Gavin Newsom to appoint an interim lawmaker until after the 2024 election, there is nothing ensuring that that successor could be the 11th vote on Judiciary."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171May 19, 2023 1:49 PM

It's gotten grotesque.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172May 19, 2023 4:38 PM

Ro Khanna has no clue how the Senate works and is just another discredited "Justice" Democrat-adjacent yahoo.

by Anonymousreply 173May 19, 2023 6:11 PM

Well he's right about DiFi.

Bitch needs to go. Now.

by Anonymousreply 174May 19, 2023 9:25 PM

Pelosi is gonna retire next year, she should not be involved.

Unless she can’t relinquish POWER.

by Anonymousreply 175May 21, 2023 8:38 AM

younger than springtime and TWICE as exciting

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176May 21, 2023 10:53 PM

The entire top rank of the democratic party are people who remember Carter's Little Liver Pills

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177May 22, 2023 3:48 AM

She needs to find a man. Lindzebelle is not an option.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178May 22, 2023 8:51 AM

Chuck Grassley is age 89 also.

His grandson, Pat Grassley,, is Speaker of the Iowa House Assembly.

Guess who replace Chuck when he departs the scene?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179May 22, 2023 9:02 AM

I have not laughed as hard as I am at R21‘s post in at least a year. I’m on a plane right now too. Everyone is looking at me wondering what my problem is. LOL

by Anonymousreply 180May 22, 2023 10:11 AM

[quote]Gavin Newsom is partly responsible for the mess. He could have said if the Senate seat becomes vacant, he’d appoint someone who would not seek the seat for the ‘24 election. Also, he needed to have kept his mouth shut about the race and gender of the person he would appoint.

He saw how much of a hassle it's been for Biden when he did that and Newsom said, "I'd like some of that please"

It's a stupid thing to promise. Although it did score Biden points, it will not score Newsom any points.

by Anonymousreply 181May 24, 2023 9:36 AM

WTF is Hillz talking about? Dems are in the majority in the Senate, so I don't understand her argument.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182May 24, 2023 10:13 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183May 25, 2023 5:33 PM

Oh, DiFi

just say 'aye'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184July 27, 2023 10:53 PM

There's only one solution.

Joe should make her his running mate. Sorry, Kamala, but the seniors who are too addled to give up or die vote is important to the party's success in '24.

by Anonymousreply 185July 27, 2023 10:59 PM

Just replace her without telling her. Fly her to the Capitol a couple of times a month, push her around the halls, let her say hi to friends, tell her job well done and fly her home again.

by Anonymousreply 186July 27, 2023 11:05 PM

Grassley is age 90. He was ready to take over Congress in Jan 6 episode. He knew….

by Anonymousreply 187July 28, 2023 1:49 AM

Grassley is power hungry and a covert authoritarian but he doesn't appear to be senile.

by Anonymousreply 188July 28, 2023 11:00 AM

There is a very sound political reason for having such superannuated senators.

Reelecting them term after term means they eventually, through seniority, get key committee postings.

This was the only way the Democrat senators of the vanquished South, could regain any sort of political power in Washington after the Civil War.

To this day, most states realize the wisdom of reelecting their senators depending on their ability to bring home the bacon. The "pork system" at work!

by Anonymousreply 189July 28, 2023 11:13 AM

[quote]most states realize the wisdom of reelecting their senators depending on their ability to bring home the bacon

At this point, DiFi wouldn't be able to locate 'home' on a map, much less bring something to it.

And wasn't she 'relieved' of her committee chair? It was Judiciary, IIRC.

by Anonymousreply 190July 28, 2023 11:21 AM

Bacon? Where?

by Anonymousreply 191July 28, 2023 11:31 AM

Read this in the Washington Post just now and it was kind of shocking: "Given that the average age of U.S. senators is 65 and the average U.S. citizen is 38, it’s fair to say that old people clinging to power are depriving the country of fresh insights and representation." A gap of almost 30 years. Wow.

by Anonymousreply 192July 28, 2023 2:57 PM

Don't get up DiFi, we're just not that into you...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193August 10, 2023 12:14 PM

DF’s staff & family need to put an end to this charade. It is obviously a huge physical struggle for DiFi herself. Their judgment looks very selfish.

by Anonymousreply 194August 10, 2023 1:19 PM

Why would her staff do that, R194? Not only would they lose their jobs, but think of the power they have with a non compos mentis US Senator boss.

by Anonymousreply 195August 10, 2023 1:31 PM

What a sad spectacle.

by Anonymousreply 196August 10, 2023 5:22 PM

At least my eyes could follow a balloon.

by Anonymousreply 197August 10, 2023 6:38 PM

I don't think 65 is too old to be a senator but the cutoff should be 75.

by Anonymousreply 198August 10, 2023 7:04 PM

^ Cut off to run for office at 75

by Anonymousreply 199August 10, 2023 7:06 PM

Fuck her staff. They're probably ancient as well. This is embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 200August 10, 2023 9:18 PM

oy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201August 13, 2023 11:21 PM

I never thought I'd say this but thank god for Grassley, otherwise this farce would be handing Republicans a great talking point. Their geezer being their oldest and only younger than DF by a few months, they can't really say anything.

But this is the kind of inside the beltway nonsense that just doesn't help.

by Anonymousreply 202August 16, 2023 4:26 PM

[quote] I never thought I'd say this but thank god for Grassley, otherwise this farce would be handing Republicans a great talking point. Their geezer being their oldest and only younger than DF by a few months, they can't really say anything.

The better comparison is with McConnell. By all accounts, Grassley seems quite hale.

by Anonymousreply 203August 16, 2023 4:57 PM

[quote] Feinstein obviously can't do the job and should resign. The same applies to Fetterman. R32 Is Fetterman back?

by Anonymousreply 204August 16, 2023 5:23 PM

On top of everything else there's this, and it's not a good look

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205August 16, 2023 10:42 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!