Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Pia Zadora is an asshole.

Pia Zadora tore down Pickfair, Mary Pickford and Douglas Fairbabnks’ home in Beverly Hills, because she thought it was haunted.

First of all, how could the star of Butterfly and the Lonely Lady afford to purchase the most legendary movie star home of all time?

Fuck her!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26April 9, 2023 7:04 PM

Fairbanks, apologies for typo. Don’t “oh, dear!” me.

by Anonymousreply 1April 9, 2023 10:23 AM

[quote] "Pia Zadora is an asshole."

Correct.

by Anonymousreply 2April 9, 2023 11:10 AM

Been to Pickfair, pre-destruction. It was awful.

by Anonymousreply 3April 9, 2023 11:13 AM

That should be:

Golden Globe winner Pia Zadora is an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 4April 9, 2023 11:14 AM

I think Pia is pretty self aware about her place in the celebrity pantheon. I don't think she's under the impression she's some kind of great artiste or something. That's what I like about her.

by Anonymousreply 5April 9, 2023 11:24 AM

Pia Zadora was married to a shady Donald Trump type.

He financed her film career such as it was.

He was how she could afford Pickfair.

They originally said termites was why they tore it down. And I'm guessing the ghost story was specifically manufactured so Zadora could be on that celebrity ghost show.

She divorced Mr. Two Billion Dollar Bankruptcy a long time ago.

OP's outrage is just fluff.

by Anonymousreply 6April 9, 2023 11:35 AM

Yeah. Her husband even bought that Golden Globe Award.

by Anonymousreply 7April 9, 2023 11:40 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8April 9, 2023 11:57 AM

[r4] Also co-star of Santa Claus Conquers The Martians is an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 9April 9, 2023 12:13 PM

Oh, for Christ's sake, this happened 30 years ago. Although what Pia and her husband built is a monstrosity it replaced a termite ridden dump that had already been fucked-up in a 40s redo. Get over it

This is what it looked like in 1989. Ready for a teardown

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10April 9, 2023 12:20 PM

Had it been MY millions, I would have torn the dump down, but build an exact replica of the fabled hunting lodge that Pickfair was originally

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11April 9, 2023 12:37 PM

I can't be angry with Riklis.

He financed GLOW.

by Anonymousreply 12April 9, 2023 1:21 PM

I love the old stories of this area and the big spreads all the silent movie stars had. They all had horses and would ride them to each other's estates for parties. Once Douglas Fairbanks caught Rudolph Valentino on his horse sniffing around after Mary. Fairbanks had a meltdown and kicked him and his horse off the property. Valentino never returned

by Anonymousreply 13April 9, 2023 1:28 PM

OP you just found out about this?

by Anonymousreply 14April 9, 2023 1:30 PM

I wouldn’t have approved a lede about ghosts.

It indicates stupidity & even more vulgarity, which sadly enough, are on brand for PZ.

by Anonymousreply 15April 9, 2023 1:30 PM

Iggy Pop was invited to a party at her house but couldn’t go.

by Anonymousreply 16April 9, 2023 1:32 PM

She once had to chokehold her special needs son.

by Anonymousreply 17April 9, 2023 1:35 PM

^ If I had a nickle for every time someone had to chokehold Pia 🙄

by Anonymousreply 18April 9, 2023 1:41 PM

[quote]Golden Globe winner Pia Zadora is a golden asshole.

by Anonymousreply 19April 9, 2023 1:43 PM

Rudolph Valentino's Falcon Lair is another long gone legendary estate. Look at 1920s sparsely populated LA in the background

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20April 9, 2023 3:23 PM

This is Charlie Chaplin's house that sat just below Pickfair on Summit Dr...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21April 9, 2023 3:55 PM

And this is Harold Lloyd's "Green Acres" that sat just below Charlie Chaplin

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22April 9, 2023 3:59 PM

Buster Keaton had a nice little mansion in the hood as well. I feel sorry for this guy, he spent his life trying to please his wife even building her this mansion, but when she saw it she said, "Meh"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23April 9, 2023 6:24 PM

If I remember correctly, someone bought Falcon's Lair, dismantled it and planned to reconstruct it. However, something happened and it never came to fruition.

by Anonymousreply 24April 9, 2023 6:39 PM

^ Yes, a developer bought it from the estate of Doris Duke and tore it down to build multiply houses. It never happened, it's now just an empty lot next to the still standing caretakers cottage

by Anonymousreply 25April 9, 2023 7:00 PM

My all time favorite is "The Enchanted Hill" just up Angelo Dr. from the Tate murder house and on the next ridge over from Falcon Lair. It's the highest point in Beverly Hills, but unfortunately it now belongs to the Rupert Murdoch family 😠

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26April 9, 2023 7:04 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!