Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

MIA FARROW a different view

Mia was embraced by Hollywood from the get go and never dropped, even at the lowest point of her career, after the Soon-Yi disaster. She was still bestie with Liza, Paul Newman, Meryl Streep and lots of the A-list, and I wonder why. Is it because she literally knows where the bodied are buried, having been Mrs Sinatra ? or is she really that charming ?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140April 20, 2023 11:50 PM

Don’t know much about her as she was wayyy before my time. But I was surprised at how badly she came across in that Hulu documentary about Woody and Soon-Yi. He treated her like shit BEFORE she found the photos, and she obviously stayed with him to boost her career. Not to mention adopting 200 kids that he wanted NOTHING to do with--which is great and all--but she was obviously lacking in something.

I mean…ALL parties involved needed some heavy therapy.

by Anonymousreply 1April 8, 2023 10:57 AM

[quote] Don’t know much about her as she was wayyy before my time

R1 = CZJ

by Anonymousreply 2April 8, 2023 11:00 AM

[quote]MIA FARROW a different view

I was expecting a picture of her ass.

by Anonymousreply 3April 8, 2023 11:08 AM

her ass is in full display in John and Mary and Avalanche, and it's quite the good ass. And you just know Frank liked to stuff it

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4April 8, 2023 11:14 AM

Quite revealing however MIA IS BITCH!

by Anonymousreply 5April 8, 2023 11:17 AM

Interesting that the best of Mia's movie career is due to two scandal -plagued directors, Roman Polanski and Woody Allen. Mia has always spoken highly of the former...

by Anonymousreply 6April 8, 2023 12:11 PM

the best of Mia's movie career =

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7April 8, 2023 12:16 PM

I love her as an actress and always have. People on DL tend to hate her over the Woody Allen debacle. I think she is a bit warped from her childhood—she grew up in the movie industry (people associate her with New York because of Allen and the fact that she lived there for a long time, but she was a born-and-bred Beverly Hills girl, aside from her time in an English boarding school) and her mother was a hardcore old-school Irish Catholic. You can see how much Catholicism influenced her in terms of her throwing herself into charity, adopting children, humanitarian activities—almost to the point that it comes across as pathological.

by Anonymousreply 8April 8, 2023 1:02 PM

Her autobiography is one of the best I have read, surprisingly. It is intelligent and insightful and even made the wackily excessive adoptions more understandable. I was no particular fan of hers to begin with but her book made me like her.

by Anonymousreply 9April 8, 2023 1:26 PM

Mia as a woman scorned/stalker in "Death on the Nile," a sign of things to come!

by Anonymousreply 10April 8, 2023 1:46 PM

A tangent of the "Paul Is Dead" theories is the idea that the entire Farrow family was replaced around the time of Mia's trip to India with The Beatles.

by Anonymousreply 11April 8, 2023 1:48 PM

R8, I'm old enough to remember Mia from the Peyton Place TV series, and I have never for one instant understood her appeal. She can be good in certain roles, but those roles are limited. I think the brief Sinatra marriage raised Mia's visibility to a nationally known figure more than any mega publicist could buy. The rest followed it.

by Anonymousreply 12April 8, 2023 2:14 PM

She’s a truly good actress—as are most mentally fragile actors who can easily disassociate from their ego/personality. (Exactly why Madonna is such a bad actress—she’s incapable of letting go of herself.)

Mia also wrote one of these best Hollywood bios—very week written and filled with all the dirt.

But she’s also malevolent. Never believed the Woody pedophile accusation and evidence suggests she did a lot of damage to her pastel of orphans.

All in all, though—a fascinating creature. I’m a fan.

by Anonymousreply 13April 8, 2023 2:35 PM

Mia made a huge debut on Peyton Place. Mothers, grandmothers, girls her age adored her. She was the breakout star, covered endlessly in movie mags, and THEN she started seeing Sinatra, and all that exploded by 1000. People wrote her begging her to stop seeing Frank, the Catholic Telegraph weighed in. I remember her making news all the time. She created her image, and knew all the tricks to act like she wasn't seeking publicity when she was. By the end of the 60's she was kind of done.

by Anonymousreply 14April 8, 2023 2:57 PM

Mia, like Liza and Candace and Jane, is a child of Hollywood. She will always be beloved by the Hollywood elite, despite the scandals and questionable behavior, because she is one of them. They all live in a crystal bubble, where they network and support and root for each other as long as you don't betray them by speaking ill about them in the press.

by Anonymousreply 15April 8, 2023 3:23 PM

She's that Krazy Katholic Kunt who knows how to play it as a sensitive, caring, thoughtful person to cover a brittle, hateful, controlling spirit. She's a hoarder of souls she judges needy and inferior.

She assembled and pounded her human menagerie into shape, with her Special Boy-Girl of Mythical Paternity as her avenging angel in the world. Now she's just aging and seeping her poison into whoever comes close enough to hear and feel and hate.

All conveyed with that slightly stuttering, baffled but smiling sincerity that marks a true bitch behind the mask.

by Anonymousreply 16April 8, 2023 3:32 PM

[quote] Mia Farrow

CUNT!

by Anonymousreply 17April 8, 2023 3:36 PM

I rewatched The Omen remake a few weeks ago and she was great in it. Creepy, intense and very "off"

by Anonymousreply 18April 8, 2023 4:19 PM

The shitty plastic surgery only enhanced her creepiness.

by Anonymousreply 19April 8, 2023 5:08 PM

R16 is spot on with this: "She's a hoarder of souls she judges needy and inferior."

--What was she doing with all those disabled children? Did she care for them properly? Did she make a positive difference in their lives? Why the need to hoard and collect special needs babies? Savior complex? Abuse? Need for ultimate control over the most helpless?

by Anonymousreply 20April 8, 2023 5:12 PM

[quote]Mia was embraced by Hollywood from the get go and never dropped, even at the lowest point of her career, after the Soon-Yi disaster.

What/ Mia's career essentially died after Woody Allen stopped working with her.

Her most high-profile role since Husbands and Wives was a supporting one in the remake of The Omen over a decade after the scandal. Otherwise the pickings over the past thirty years are incredibly slim. Widow's Peak, Miami Rhapsody, Reckless, and Be Kind Rewind are her most significant movies post Woody Allen, and those now-forgotten films were all considered minor even upon their release.

Mia might have remained friends with a lot of famous people, but her working relationship with Hollywood never recovered after 1992.

by Anonymousreply 21April 8, 2023 5:21 PM

A lot of that is because of her age, R21. Late 40s .

by Anonymousreply 22April 8, 2023 5:34 PM

[quote] You can see how much Catholicism influenced her in terms of her throwing herself into charity, adopting children, humanitarian activities—almost to the point that it comes across as pathological.

It does look pathological.

by Anonymousreply 23April 8, 2023 5:59 PM

I don't mean in terms of career, I mean the social life. It seems that no matter what, she remained firmly in the upper circles of the A-list

by Anonymousreply 24April 8, 2023 6:00 PM

What kind of a grandmother is she?

by Anonymousreply 25April 8, 2023 6:02 PM

Reading her book, What Falls Away, made me like her less. She never quite explained away her inaction re: Woody's behavior towards her children. What made her snap into action was protecting herself, not her children. She snapped into action when Woody started withdrawing movie roles from her.

Also, she treated Soon Yi like "The Other Woman," not a teen daughter. She was angry w/Soon Yi as if SY were just another woman off the street that Woody was fucking.

by Anonymousreply 26April 8, 2023 6:03 PM

her granddaughter looks just like Maureen...Eh...wait

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27April 8, 2023 6:05 PM

Mia at home. Creepy house and creepy bunch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28April 8, 2023 6:08 PM

Woody is a natural with children

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29April 8, 2023 6:09 PM

R28 looks like a nice family, actually. Surprising, given all the stories.

by Anonymousreply 30April 8, 2023 6:10 PM

R29 Woody seems like a creep in that photo. Disturbing vibes.

by Anonymousreply 31April 8, 2023 6:11 PM

[quote] What was she doing with all those disabled children

When you adopt from overseas they will not give you healthy babies after you’ve adopted two, or if you’ve reached a certain age and have adopted once before. They will only let you have medically or mentally disabled children. They have a shortage of healthy babies and a surplus of disabled children, so after you reach 45 or if you’ve adopted 2 healthy kids from an agency, you get the leftovers.

by Anonymousreply 32April 8, 2023 7:11 PM

R32 = Angelina Jolie

by Anonymousreply 33April 8, 2023 7:15 PM

R32 I had no idea! That's fascinating.

by Anonymousreply 34April 8, 2023 7:29 PM

R11 That would explain a lot. Maureen didn't look like Maureen in her old age. So Mia and dear Prudence were the real ones, and the rest of the Farrows were fake Farrows? I think Mia herself was exchanged for a much less pretty fake Mia. She looked quite different in the 70's onward

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35April 8, 2023 7:52 PM

Except for Woody, it seems Mia somehow maintained good relationships with her ex-husbands and ex-boyfriends.

I never thought Woody was a pedo, but I do think he had some weird obsession with the young Dylan. The pictures are out there. He's always the one holding her, and she looks uncomfortable.

by Anonymousreply 36April 8, 2023 8:23 PM

Is Dylan Woody's bio child? If he's not a pedo, then what was his obsession with her?

by Anonymousreply 37April 8, 2023 8:33 PM

Ava Gardner on Frank & Mia’s marriage: “Ha! I always knew Frank would end up in bed with a boy!”

by Anonymousreply 38April 8, 2023 8:44 PM

Hardly a "boy". Mia was ravishing. That crone Gardner , she of the tart face splattered in make-up and the eyebrows in the middle of the forehead should have saved her zings for the casting agencies

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39April 8, 2023 8:48 PM

I think MF is totally nuts (I am convinced she cooked up the story about WA diddling little Dylan's moomoo in the garrett, and then coached the poor dumb child to believe it really happened, as an obvious act of pure revenge), but I think she was pure magic in "Broadway Danny Rose." Her performance is riveting and very touching. It's one of Allen's best movies and her part in it is integral. It's a shame the way things ended up between the 2 of them.

by Anonymousreply 40April 8, 2023 8:56 PM

I actually think Dylan saw the potential of cooking this story even at a young age; and then coached poor dumb Mia to believe it really happened. That little bitch knew she would be the centre of all attention and is overselling it to death until her last breath. LOOK AT ME. BUY MY STORY. BUY MY CHILDREN BOOK. BUY MY DOCUMENTARY. PAY ATTENTION TO ME ME ME ME

by Anonymousreply 41April 9, 2023 7:14 AM

She survived polio which I bet screwed with her psyche but I like her.

by Anonymousreply 42April 9, 2023 7:49 AM

She was good in that movie where played the mother of the child of the Devil...

by Anonymousreply 43April 9, 2023 7:54 AM

I would watch anything Mia is in, she's always interesting, weird, and effective. I think she was one of the of the screen greatest beauties . She basically walk out of her career when Sinatra dumped her. I can see her in LOVE STORY, or THE GETAWAY for instance

by Anonymousreply 44April 9, 2023 7:55 AM

"I actually think"

No.

No. You really don't.

God bless.

by Anonymousreply 45April 9, 2023 8:05 AM

R45 =Dylan

by Anonymousreply 46April 9, 2023 8:15 AM

I wish we could agree to stop re-litigating the abuse allegations. Dylan says she remembers getting fingered in the attic. If you don't believe her then so be it. It's such a boring debate.

by Anonymousreply 47April 9, 2023 8:18 AM

R47 = also Dylan

by Anonymousreply 48April 9, 2023 8:21 AM

R39, maybe you’re not old enough so might not have any idea about Mia’s pixie cut and the comments about it. Girls had long hair and boys had short hair. That was it. When guys started growing their hair long it was a massive political and cultural statement and caused huge rifts.

by Anonymousreply 49April 9, 2023 2:34 PM

Thank you R49, it's true that I type (and look) way younger than my years. I'm old enough to have watched PP when it first aired, and the pixie scandal was linked to the Sinatra outrage IMO. Jean Seberg, Natalie Wood, Liz Taylor, Audrey Hepburn, and many more had rocked a pixie a decade before Mia. Hers was very, very short, but Gardner's bitterness was still homophobic and pathetic. Hate that cunt

by Anonymousreply 50April 9, 2023 4:31 PM

[quote] Girls had long hair and boys had short hair. That was it.

Bullshit. Lots of women had short hair in the 1950s and 1960s before Mia: Cyd Charisse, Audrey Hepburn, Doris Day, Jane Wyman, Gina Lollobridgida...

by Anonymousreply 51April 9, 2023 4:51 PM

Mia's pixie was just the best of the bunch , because it displayed her stuning bone structure to perfection. When it was still balanced with her baby fat, she was breathtaking. in the grim 70's, her jawline started to look to much like a sheep's

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52April 9, 2023 5:32 PM

Yeah, well Mia's character Allison's long blonde hair was her trademark, and by cutting it off, Mia was sending a big FU to the producers. She wanted out of PP.

by Anonymousreply 53April 9, 2023 5:34 PM

[quote]Ava Gardner on Frank & Mia’s marriage: “Ha! I always knew Frank would end up in bed with a boy!”

Red Reed made up that quote. It seems to be a favorite along with that OTHER fake Ava quote.

by Anonymousreply 54April 9, 2023 6:00 PM

Numerous people have talked about Allen’s creepy behavior around Dylan. It’s ridiculous to allege they all were “coached” or otherwise influenced by Mia. Allen made some great movies, more not so great ones and sounds like a POS in real life.

by Anonymousreply 55April 9, 2023 6:15 PM

[QUOTE] Mia was sending a big FU to the producers.

Mia was sending a big FU to Frank

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56April 9, 2023 6:47 PM

more

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57April 9, 2023 6:55 PM

Don't bother trying to reason with them, r55. They hate Mia and Dylan so nothing will ever convince of them of Allen's guilt.

by Anonymousreply 58April 10, 2023 7:31 AM

Dylan is nuts, and Mia said it herself :"it's her truth, and I side with my daughter".

by Anonymousreply 59April 10, 2023 8:36 AM

[quote]I am convinced she cooked up the story about WA diddling little Dylan's moomoo in the garrett, and then coached the poor dumb child to believe it really happened, as an obvious act of pure revenge

Again, r40, and everyone else on DL who flocks to these threads, Woody was in therapy with Dylan and with his own therapist for his obsessive behavior BEFORE he started sleeping with Soon-Yi. He was in therapy for that and for his poor relationship with Ronan first. I don't know why anyone would defend a man who decided to sleep with his kids' adopted sister, when was already struggling with issues with his own kids.

by Anonymousreply 60April 10, 2023 11:11 AM

R60, because he's j ...never mind. Why would anyone defend him ???

by Anonymousreply 61April 10, 2023 11:19 AM

^ I meant, because he's jolly talented, of course

by Anonymousreply 62April 10, 2023 11:22 AM

Men, gay or straight, will always side with other men, no matter what they do. That is why women shouldn’t lift a finger ever to support men, gay or straight, because it’s always a one way street.

by Anonymousreply 63April 10, 2023 1:32 PM

There's a documentary from the mid-2000s about George Cukor in which Mia has one of my favorite Hollywood anecdotes. There's a clip of her floating around the internet somewhere, but this summary from a newspaper article will have to suffice: "In the documentary, Farrow recalls sitting outdoors at Cukor's with Vivien Leigh, Katharine Hepburn and Simone Signoret. Suddenly, from up the hill they started hearing wild screams. Hepburn ran halfway up the hill, Vivien Leigh kept sipping her glass of Champagne and Simone Signoret lit another cigarette."

by Anonymousreply 64April 10, 2023 2:13 PM

^ That never happened

by Anonymousreply 65April 10, 2023 5:25 PM

Mia said all over the internet that she met Vivien once, during her run in "the importance of being earnest" , that she was very shy, and her mother scolded her, to which she replied " Mum, it's Scarlett O' Hara" and Maureen said " don't be silly, she's my best friend from school". Viv call her agent to sign Mia, and called Fox to put her under contract= PP. She never mentionned meeting her again, to my knowledge. As for Hepburn, she loathed Mia

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66April 10, 2023 6:03 PM

R64 here. Mia's story always sounded a little too fantastic, but I figured she was raised in those circles so had no reason not to believe it to be true. Very interesting to learn that she contradicted herself. Wonder if it's a case of memory slip, hyperbole, or outright lie. The quote I pulled above is from this link:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67April 10, 2023 6:25 PM

ok, what a load of horseshit

[quote] Leigh met Laurence Olivier at Cukor's house. "It was a small party," Cukor recalled in Lambert's book. "They went home together, and I don't think they left each other for years." In the documentary, Farrow recalls sitting outdoors at Cukor's with Vivien Leigh, Katharine Hepburn and Simone Signoret. Suddenly, from up the hill they started hearing wild screams. Hepburn ran halfway up the hill, Vivien Leigh kept sipping her glass of Champagne and Simone Signoret lit another cigarette.

puh-lease. Leigh famously met Olivier in his dressing room in the mid-30's , introduced by her lover John Buckmaster, by the time they were in Hollywood, they had been together for years. I never heard Mia tell that story, and she never shied of dropping names

by Anonymousreply 68April 10, 2023 6:41 PM

Mia was a skinny little sewer rat type. Practically looked like a child. Gardner was not a homophobic cunt, Jesus Christ.

by Anonymousreply 69April 10, 2023 6:46 PM

Who knew we had rabid Mia stans and Ava haters on DL? I’m reminded of that inane Robert Stack thread where some poster kept calling her a “whore cunt” because Robert Stack not fucking her cost him an Oscar (?????).

by Anonymousreply 70April 10, 2023 6:48 PM

Mia was an elfin beauty, and Gardner destroyed Robert Stack chances of winning an oscar because he "was a "faggot" who wouldn't fuck her

by Anonymousreply 71April 10, 2023 6:50 PM

R70 JINX, miss Lez

by Anonymousreply 72April 10, 2023 6:51 PM

[R68] Cukor's version of Leigh and Olivier's meeting is most definitely revisionist history, but as for Mia's story, she definitely said it though its contents may very well be horseshit. Here's the clip from the documentary, straight out of the horse's mouth, as it were:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73April 10, 2023 7:16 PM

wow R73 I capitulate. So she DID meet with auntie Vivien after she gave her her start. It must have been when Leigh was in America shooting SHIP OF FOOLS with Signoret. So late 60's. She was already seeing Frank. I wonder what Vivien thought about THAT;

by Anonymousreply 74April 10, 2023 7:38 PM

Sinatra was not friendly with Vivien because of an incident involving his estate in Palm springs, during the time he was married to Gardner. Vivien had called to say she would love to stay a few days, and Frank was super excited to oblige. Scarlett O'Hara herself visiting his little macaroni from Hell's kitchen self was more than he could take, so he spent a fortune arranging things for her. She never came, and never called . He had a major meltdown over it. LOL

by Anonymousreply 75April 10, 2023 8:05 PM

Hoboken, not Hell's kitchen, sorry

by Anonymousreply 76April 10, 2023 8:07 PM

How come Mia never got an Oscar nomination?

by Anonymousreply 77April 10, 2023 9:56 PM

People voting for her in RB would have upset Frank...you didn't want to upset Frank. She couldn't win for a WA movie because she got a very bad rap when she started dating that troll from under the God forsaken bridge. Warhol wrote in his diaries about how beautiful she looked and how furious people were that she was selling herself to that horror.

by Anonymousreply 78April 10, 2023 10:00 PM

"Get away from here...!!!"

by Anonymousreply 79April 10, 2023 10:58 PM

Why is Mia the villain, and Woody Allen remains blameless per DL?

by Anonymousreply 80April 10, 2023 11:07 PM

Something bugs me about the anecdote. We know Vivien was doing a show on Broadway and went backstage to congratulate Mia because the critics or the newspapers were on strike and there was no publicity, and Maureen asked Vivien to go see "the importance of being earnest" , and Mia's dress got caught in her chair and she couldn't stand up, and Vivien said it was alright, and she pulled strings for Mia to find an agent and a contract, all that is confirmed by different sources. Mia herself said she was very intimidated to meet Scarlett O'Hara and Maureen said, 'don't be stupid, she's my childhood friend". So that was before PP, very early 60's. Mia met Vivien for the first time then. Now she says that "uncle George" would only invite her to luncheons , until she was 13/14yo= 1958. On one such occasions she was alone with Vivien, Hepburn, Cukor and Signoret. All dead. She can say what she wants. Now, if she wasn't yet 13/14, how did she meet Vivien for the first time backstage years later ? In 1958, Signoret was in Hollywwod ( she even won an oscar) sharing a bungalow with Monroe and Miller. Hepburn was in Hollywood of course. But Vivien wasn't. In 1958 she was touring Titus Andronicus and having a major breakdown, one of her worst. She wasn't in Hollywood in the late 50's. Mia could have attended such a luncheon when Leigh and Signoret were both back in the late 60's. It OULD be true...or not. Typical Mia. Se non è vero, è ben trovato, but she could be making it up. Or mixing the memories - intentionally or not.

by Anonymousreply 81April 11, 2023 10:54 PM

Signoret herself in her autobio, says she met Vivien for SHIP OF FOOLS. There's a whole chapter about Vivien in the book. She didn't meet Vivien before 1965, but Mia said the luncheons were before she was 13/14.

by Anonymousreply 82April 11, 2023 11:00 PM

Mia is the definition of an "unreliable witness" . She would lie about anything

by Anonymousreply 83April 11, 2023 11:16 PM

I don't know why it never occurred to me before... but is Woody on the spectrum? Seems likely

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84April 11, 2023 11:19 PM

Back during the Peyton Place days, Ryan O'Neal did a tv interview with her. I don't remember the interview what I do remember is my father saying "There's something wrong with that girl!" I think he was right.

by Anonymousreply 85April 11, 2023 11:21 PM

I remember Ryan talking about the PP set. One day, as Sinatra was working on the next lot, Mia (according to O' Neal ) asked " which one is Sinatra ?" and he pointed him for her. The next day, she came back from the Sinatra set with a radiant smile, "I've met him, and he's invited me out". Ryan was shocked because she was wearing a completely see-through chemise that she was supposed to wear in the hospital, in that episode. He said " Mia, did you go like that ? you look naked " and she smirked. Another source confirmed that they were with Sinatra and saw that girl with long blond hair and a see-through blouse circling around, until frank said "alright, bring her over". The rest is show-biz history

by Anonymousreply 86April 11, 2023 11:30 PM

Woody is a New York city Jew. They are born with a therapist on speed dial. Mia has been great in some roles,but overall she just doesnt appeal. Something frantic and fragile about her and it is a turn off.

by Anonymousreply 87April 11, 2023 11:33 PM

She appeals. She was divine in the 60's and she did hit the mark several times in the 70's. She was great in a wedding, full circle (the haunting of Julia), Gatsby (even Fitz's daughter said her dad would have thought her the perfect Daisy), death on the Nile. Follow me is a very pleasing movie. She was cast with Fonda in the first attempt to make "Thelma and Louise", but it went to development hell. They would have been perfect in that. She's terrific in Goodbye raggedy Ann, too.

by Anonymousreply 88April 11, 2023 11:38 PM

See No Evil was one of Mia's best - and creepiest roles. A blind girl stumbles upon all other members of her family, murdered. It was produced by Sharon Tate's agents, the connection being Sharon's horrible murder and her friendship with Mia.

by Anonymousreply 89April 12, 2023 2:22 AM

One of my favorite Christmas movies...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90April 12, 2023 2:35 AM

Yes she was very good in the first half of SEE NO EVIL but then it dragged on and on, with her only screaming and begging in the swamp Bad movie

by Anonymousreply 91April 12, 2023 8:58 AM

Hepburn was such a hypocrite. Mia is not buying it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92April 12, 2023 10:41 AM

While she is good in See No Evil, the movie itself becomes really silly.

I haven't seen it in years, but the way I remember it was there were a number of point-of-view shots from HER perspective - which was hilarious because she's supposed to be blind.

It's not a good thing when you're laughing several times while watching a thriller.

by Anonymousreply 93April 12, 2023 10:52 AM

Rosemary's Baby may have been Mia's best film but she was only good in it. She was touching in many of Woody's films (The Purple Rose of Cairo, etc.) and great in others (Broadway Danny Rose, etc.))

by Anonymousreply 94April 12, 2023 11:03 AM

What are you even talking about ? she was ICONIC in RB

by Anonymousreply 95April 12, 2023 11:10 AM

This for starters, R80:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96April 12, 2023 11:16 AM

Please. Moses has cerebral palsy = he's daft. Woody probably gives him $$$ for this kind of "testimony" and Soon-Yi must have made promesses she'll never keep once she gets the loot. " we two Korean, we stick together, you see"

by Anonymousreply 97April 12, 2023 11:29 AM

Mia Farrow, by family, marriages and starting early is old Hollywood in a way Meryl Streep and other of that generation are not. She is also crazy. One of the very telling things about her history with Allen was how she still expected (and wanted) to do his next film after all the debacle (i think it was Manhattan Murder Mystery).

Except for Rosemary’s Baby which is an iconic film, her best roles and acting were with Allen. She contributed to the success of his movies. She made nothing of note since her divorce and i really have no idea of this was her decision or lack of roles being offered. She was older, of course, but so were a lot of other women working constantly.

She has looked like a bag lady for years and i wonder how that has played a part. Maybe she refuses to go to the hairdresser or even do make up and dress nicely for the movies.

by Anonymousreply 98April 12, 2023 11:52 AM

R66 I was hoping that link would give us a clue of why Hepburn loathed Mia.

by Anonymousreply 99April 12, 2023 12:12 PM

And Mia is an acquired taste (that I never acquired). Mediocre actress.

by Anonymousreply 100April 12, 2023 12:15 PM

Hepburn always wanted to appear very moral and dignified to hide her slutty lesbianism, so she would HISS at anyone giving hints of morally flawed behaviour. Virtue signaling before it was a word. Farrow was a manwhore, Maureen was slightly slutty, + there were rampant abuse stories. The Farrows were easy targets for " our lady of the dykes" Hepburn

by Anonymousreply 101April 12, 2023 1:00 PM

[quote]One of the very telling things about her history with Allen was how she still expected (and wanted) to do his next film after all the debacle (i think it was Manhattan Murder Mystery).

It was.

That's why Diane Keaton ended up being in it because he needed someone last minute as Farrow's replacement.

I remember a day or two after the news broke about the Allen & Soon-Yi story there was a story in a gossip column of one of the NY dailies that Farrow had shown up for a wardrobe fitting for Allen's following movie (I think it was Bullets Over Broadway) as if nothing had happened.

And someone from wardrobe contacted Woody Allen and told him she had shown up.

Allen reportedly told the wardrobe person to tell her to leave or to have her escorted from there (although I don't remember if that was supposed to be by security or police).

by Anonymousreply 102April 12, 2023 1:32 PM

I've only ever heard of that here. it's not true IMO. Mia was hired by Woody anyway, there was a contract, she had to show up for work. It's a very low attack with zero receipt

by Anonymousreply 103April 13, 2023 8:45 AM

R103 not true - it was widely reported at the time. That role seems like it was written for Keaton though, that’s what’s so bizarre. Could not have seen Mia doing well in that role at all.

by Anonymousreply 104April 13, 2023 9:39 AM

it was not reported anywhere. Show me ONE source

by Anonymousreply 105April 13, 2023 9:47 AM

R99 and R104 = Diane Keaton

by Anonymousreply 106April 13, 2023 10:15 AM

It was absolutely the case, it was reported on at the time. As well as the bloodied heart shaped box with a knife through it that she left on Allen’s doorstep.

The Farrow family has changed the story so much over the years to perpetuate Mia’s victim complex. I couldn’t believe they re-launched the failed allegations again - for like the 10th - as part of the #metoo movement when it had nothing to do with it.

by Anonymousreply 107April 13, 2023 3:43 PM

"60 Minutes" is ONE source that reported it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108April 13, 2023 3:51 PM

[quote]People (Oscar) voting for her in RB would have upset Frank...you didn't want to upset Frank.

At that point Sinatra was more or less through as a power in Hollywood. He worked but was not as a major player. No one gave a shit if Sinatra would be "upset" if Mia was Oscar nominated for RB.

As far as all of the testimony of siblings and others about the Woody - Dylan situation, if they weren't THERE, their comments mean nothing.

by Anonymousreply 109April 13, 2023 4:17 PM

Oh, but yours do, R109?

by Anonymousreply 110April 13, 2023 8:24 PM

it was reported by Woody Allen R108 ? you're a fucking joke

by Anonymousreply 111April 13, 2023 9:07 PM

The posters who defend Allen realy put the EW in Jew

by Anonymousreply 112April 13, 2023 9:08 PM

R111 has 60 IQ points.

by Anonymousreply 113April 13, 2023 11:17 PM

R111, there was no denial by Mia on this, there were other witnesses to the scheduling,etc.

by Anonymousreply 114April 13, 2023 11:28 PM

She was married to Andre Previn. That's all I remember.

by Anonymousreply 115April 14, 2023 12:13 AM

R13 “… she did a lot of damage to her pastel of orphans.”

She dyed them each Easter season. Hello, spring!

by Anonymousreply 116April 14, 2023 12:32 AM

R109 YOU ARE SO WRONG!! Frank wanted to punish Mia for not leaving RB to film The Detective with him. Frank's pals wanted Mia gone, too and so a don't nominate Mia campaign caught steam. She absolutely gave the female lead performance of that year, and should have gotten a nod. s

by Anonymousreply 117April 14, 2023 12:35 AM

R117 oh yes - Mia Farrow, perpetual waif/victim.

by Anonymousreply 118April 14, 2023 1:22 AM

Is Ronan Farrow transitioning? Every time I see him now he's more and more girlish.

by Anonymousreply 119April 14, 2023 1:30 AM

Mia Farrow is a classic psychopath - charming, manipulative, and evil.

by Anonymousreply 120April 14, 2023 1:54 AM

[quote]Mia was embraced by Hollywood from the get go and never dropped, even at the lowest point of her career, after the Soon-Yi disaster.

She did nothing to get dropped. You're a fuckin moron

by Anonymousreply 121April 14, 2023 3:27 AM

story made up by Allen, never reported, never confirmed. you are a loser. pathetic

by Anonymousreply 122April 14, 2023 8:11 AM

R122 = Mia Farrow

by Anonymousreply 123April 14, 2023 9:09 AM

In fact when Mia confronted him, Woody cried pityfully and begged her "don't tell Andre"

by Anonymousreply 124April 14, 2023 9:15 AM

Thank you R117. Frank was a powerhouse, and the Mafia's entry in Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 125April 14, 2023 9:16 AM

[quote] Hepburn always wanted to appear very moral and dignified to hide her slutty lesbianism, so she would HISS at anyone giving hints of morally flawed behaviour. Virtue signaling before it was a word.

R101 These weren't Hepburn's public views. I doubt she was trying to create a false appearance by giving her opinion to a friend.

by Anonymousreply 126April 15, 2023 4:56 PM

Oh fucking puh-lease, Hepburn even tricked her own family into thinking she was a man-eater

by Anonymousreply 127April 15, 2023 5:07 PM

Guess she seven tricked the men she was involved with, since all the other women these men were involed with in their lives were straight.

by Anonymousreply 128April 15, 2023 5:22 PM

Without taking sides, I think it's safe to say that Mia and Woody both have serious issues.

by Anonymousreply 129April 16, 2023 9:49 PM

"without taking sides" I think it's mind-blowing that any judge would let any one of these two trainwrecks anywhere within 250 yards of a child, and even weirder, , that Woody and Soon-Yi were allowed to adopt; This is so fucked up, I find it hard to wrap my mind around even after 20 years. That being said, if I had to leave my child an afternoon in the care of either Woody, Mia, or Keaton,or be shot in the head I would still probably choose Mia.

by Anonymousreply 130April 16, 2023 9:54 PM

R130 I hear you. I think Mia has a malignant mothering syndrome whose origin is pathological. I don't think she's intentionally malicious (she probably has good intentions in her own mind), but I do question a lot of her choices, and when you look at the outcomes for some of her adopted children, it is a bit grim. That being said, I also think Woody is a veritable pervert.

by Anonymousreply 131April 16, 2023 9:59 PM

I would NEVER let Woody near a child. I still think Mia would be an OK babysitter for a 10 yo, for a coupkle hours. She would probably ramble on about Sinatra and the Beatles and shit like that, and teach them crochet

by Anonymousreply 132April 16, 2023 10:04 PM

She was just another nepo actress.

by Anonymousreply 133April 17, 2023 12:50 AM

Farrow has a major savior complex, which no doubt is rooted in her rearing/lifelong obsession with Catholicism. I think she means well to the point of destruction.

by Anonymousreply 134April 17, 2023 4:20 AM

I know poor Dory Previn was bat-shit crazy at times but I'm happy in knowing that she lived long enough to see Mia having to endure the whole Woody/Soon-Yi debacle. It's always nice when you get to see the Karma truck make a delivery :)

by Anonymousreply 135April 17, 2023 4:36 AM

Beware unisex haircuts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136April 18, 2023 2:01 AM

Other than Sinatra, Previn, and Allen, what men was Mia involved with?

by Anonymousreply 137April 19, 2023 5:34 AM

Sven Nykvist (when they were filming "Hurricane"; he later shot three of the movies Farrow made for Woody)

Philip Roth (around the time the Soon Yi scandal broke; Roth hated Allen, and Allen probably based Harry Block in "Deconstructing Harry" on Roth)

by Anonymousreply 138April 19, 2023 5:42 AM

She looks so fucking ugly there at R136. I know it’s the haircut, but her eyes look freaky, too.

by Anonymousreply 139April 20, 2023 11:36 PM

Mia appears at 14:12

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140April 20, 2023 11:50 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!