Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Have you read Senta Berger's autobio? She trashes Hollywood.

Unfortunately I can't find this book in any other language but German. Berger is in her 80s now and she's STILL WORKING.

[Quote]In the spring of 2006, Berger's autobiography was published in Germany: Ich habe ja gewußt, daß ich fliegen kann ("I Knew That I Could Fly"). Among her memories of Hollywood are a less-than-subtle attempt by Darryl Zanuck to get her on his casting couch, and of all the shallow people she met in Hollywood.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19April 9, 2023 1:49 AM

Er, how do you expect us to discuss if it was published only in German? Or no translations....

by Anonymousreply 1April 7, 2023 7:11 AM

Por Dios. Por Dios. Por Dios.

[Quote]Berger also reported another incident with US actor Kirk Douglas, who comes from a Russian-Jewish emigrant family.

[quote]He tried to kiss her against her will.

[Quote]When she turned her head away, he justified himself with the words “Your people killed my people”.

by Anonymousreply 2April 7, 2023 7:15 AM

Senta to yenta

by Anonymousreply 3April 7, 2023 7:19 AM

Love Miss Berger. She starred in one of my favorite Kommissar Rex episodes, called "Der maskierte Tod". She must have been around 55 at the time but still looked gorgeous. Unfortunately that TV show was never shown in the US (because Muricans are too lazy to watch anything subtitled) but in the rest of the world it was YUUUUGE.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4April 7, 2023 7:22 AM

QUE ?

by Anonymousreply 5April 7, 2023 7:36 AM

R5. I know. At least publish this book in Spanish so I can read it. She doesn't hold back on the dirt.

by Anonymousreply 6April 7, 2023 7:51 AM

Kirk Douglas just about called Senta Berger Ilsa, She Wolf of the SS.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7April 7, 2023 7:57 AM

I know how you feel. Ypir published her autobiography in Mazanderani and Ypir isn't even Persian. It seemed like a fuck you, but she dishes on all the most powerful and lethal Illuminati and glitterati so sometimes such decisions are about staying alive.

by Anonymousreply 8April 7, 2023 8:01 AM

R2 Kirk Douglas have said, your people screwed us over, now I'm going to screw you!

by Anonymousreply 9April 7, 2023 8:09 AM

[Quote]In an interview with the weekly newspaper, Berger even described the American producer Darryl Zanuck, who invited her to his hotel room in New York and then followed her in a bathrobe like Harvey Weinstein. He tried to rape her.

by Anonymousreply 10April 7, 2023 8:11 AM

Some German speaking guy here owes it to DL to find and translate this book for the betterment of DL.

by Anonymousreply 11April 7, 2023 8:15 AM

This is the hottest looking old lady this homo has ever seen. 75 years old here!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12April 7, 2023 8:19 AM

R4 Kommissar Rex is TV gold! Senta Berger is lovely. Thanks for starting the thread, OP

by Anonymousreply 13April 7, 2023 8:24 AM

Senta with DL fave Alain Delon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14April 7, 2023 9:36 AM

This thread inspired me to watch Passage (1979) on Amazon Prime. It has quite the cast: Malcolm McDowell, Patricia Neal, Anthony Quinn, James Mason, Senta Berger, Kay Lenz..)

Absolute shitfest. Still, it was worth it to see Malcolm in a swastika stamped jock strap. Fine ass.

by Anonymousreply 15April 8, 2023 6:31 PM

More from Senta

[Quote]Berger also raised serious allegations against the Austrian actor OW Fischer.

[Quote]He tried to rape her while filming "It doesn't always have to be caviar".

[Quote]He also hit and injured her.

[Quote]After that I should have actually said: I can't shoot with you tomorrow and I can't make this film with you," she told Die Zeit.

[Quote]Instead, she didn't exchange a private word with him during the six-week shoot.

I[quote]n the end he apologized with the "Faust" quote: "The eternal feminine draws us up".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16April 8, 2023 6:42 PM

Beautiful woman but, like Elke Sommer who was big around the same time, not much of an actress.

by Anonymousreply 17April 8, 2023 8:14 PM

That must be why she had work for decades past he prime, r17.

by Anonymousreply 18April 9, 2023 1:41 AM

Yeah, bitch hasn't stopped working. Theatre, film, TV, her own production company. I like her style.

by Anonymousreply 19April 9, 2023 1:49 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!