Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I predict Governor Gretchen Whitmer will be President some day

She is going places

by Anonymousreply 87May 30, 2024 3:35 PM

I'm very fond of her. She is calm and unflappable and smart. She spent years in the state legislature and was very effective.

by Anonymousreply 1April 7, 2023 2:44 AM

Her husband messed up by trying to get his boat out during quarantine but besides that I don't hear much bad about her except on Facebook there were Deplorables calling her Stretchin' Gretchen saying she was a slut in high school (damn I wish I was instead of a wallflower) because they were mad about the mask restrictions.

by Anonymousreply 2April 7, 2023 2:54 AM

She got some balls. Winter 2022, when the MAGA wannabe/KKK Trucker Convoy up in Canada blocked the Ambassador Lewiston and every bridge which connected US and Canada, and the pussy Canadian politicians were too weak to do anything, resulting in huge revenue loss for Canada and US due to trucks backed up at the borders unable to cross ..... Well Gretchen put her foot down and said if Canadian polticians can't control their people she will get US authorities to remove the idiots. Her words were " if they can't do anything we will take care of it " The same day thousands of police authorities marched out to remove the blockade.

by Anonymousreply 3April 7, 2023 3:58 AM

I think Gretchen and Roy Cooper from North Carolina, would make a great ticket. I don’t care which one of them is at the top of the ticket. They’re both great.

by Anonymousreply 4April 7, 2023 4:38 AM

I like Gretchen, but I would put her at the top of a ticket balanced by Mitch Landrieu of NOLA.

by Anonymousreply 5April 7, 2023 3:26 PM

She looks like Jessica Lange.

by Anonymousreply 6April 7, 2023 3:34 PM

1000%, R5.

That's been my wish for a while now.

by Anonymousreply 7April 7, 2023 3:53 PM

She’s got the look!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8June 15, 2023 7:17 PM

But is she likeable enough?

by Anonymousreply 9June 15, 2023 7:44 PM

r9 I don't know if you are being sarcastic but the sad part is a lot of men would never vote for a female president.

by Anonymousreply 10June 15, 2023 7:46 PM

Women got it bad in the US for some reason.

Latin American countries, other countries around the world elect female Presidents but the US is held back by that crowd of hell no! That's a man's job! Lead our boys to war!

by Anonymousreply 11June 15, 2023 7:46 PM

It'll happen eventually, just not this decade. I predict both sides will want to send a safe bet into the 2028 general, especially the Dems who will have an uphill struggle in a change election.

by Anonymousreply 12June 15, 2023 7:54 PM

Hillary has way more experience, OP.

by Anonymousreply 13June 15, 2023 8:24 PM

With experience comes baggage and we all know a female candidate has to be purer than driven snow if she wants to land in the White House. As opposed to Trump who's basically more baggage than human at this point, which only increases his appeal apparently.

Sucks, but it's true. The first one will be the hardest, all that follow will obviously have a lower bar set for them.

by Anonymousreply 14June 15, 2023 8:30 PM

R13 Experience does not equate with success. We all work with a lifer who doesn’t seem to move anywhere careerwise.

by Anonymousreply 15June 15, 2023 8:31 PM

Big Gretch is my governor. The Mitten loves her!

by Anonymousreply 16June 15, 2023 8:32 PM

Hillary is the very opposite of a lifer, looking at her varied career.

by Anonymousreply 17June 15, 2023 8:33 PM

I met her at a fundraiser in Michigan before the last election. Incredibly down-to-Earth, poised, with a great sense of humor. She is also stunningly beautiful in-person!

by Anonymousreply 18June 15, 2023 8:33 PM

r16 I live in West Michigan and there are so many Deplorables who hate her posting on local news articles on Facebook. I just read that WOOD TV 8 sent out a memo that PRIDE coverage needs to show both sides (conservative W Michigan) and employees are ticked, reading tweets about it.

by Anonymousreply 19June 15, 2023 8:37 PM

I love Biden but wish he’d step aside. I assume he’s not because the Dem leadership wants him to run because they’ve got polling saying he’s the safest bet. I doubt he’s running because he desperately wants to.

DL politicos: what are the chances he steps aside before primary season kicks off?

Would love to see Gretch W. And others breathe some new life into the election.

by Anonymousreply 20June 15, 2023 8:40 PM

Biden has declared he's running for president again some time ago, it's a done deal.

by Anonymousreply 21June 15, 2023 8:44 PM

[quote] I met her at a fundraiser in Michigan before the last election. Incredibly down-to-Earth, poised, with a great sense of humor. She is also stunningly beautiful in-person.

She seems to be the real deal.

by Anonymousreply 22June 15, 2023 8:46 PM

Gretch will not the the first female POTUS

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23June 15, 2023 8:51 PM

Best case scenario: Clarence Thomas dies/gets thrown off the Supreme Court, Biden puts up Kamala Harris as a replacement and Whitmer is Biden's running mate (and ultimate POTUS when Biden steps down two years into his second term).

by Anonymousreply 24June 15, 2023 8:59 PM

R11 Some of it is that Americans have an intense and unusual level of hate towards older women. We're not the only culture with this trait or even the worst but it's pretty extreme. Its bad both in the far alt right circles and far left. The wokies truly despise older white women just as much as the far right MRAs.

by Anonymousreply 25June 15, 2023 8:59 PM

America is unique, and troubled, about women leaders.

Consider: the largest denomination in the country (Southern Baptist) kicked out some churches that had women pastors. "God" says women can't be in leadership roles. One of the churches had a woman who had already been pastor for 30 YEARS, but not the Southern Baptists were cracking down. Southern Baptists are getting MORE opposed to women leadership.

American Fucking Taliban. A large percentage of the country would want women to stay home and wear burkas if they leave the house.

by Anonymousreply 26June 15, 2023 9:02 PM

R25 Nah. You just want to get hard by using "woke" as a perjorative.

Gen Z do oppose to "old white guys" who run the "patriarchy", but they love older white women.

Pay attention. Get outside your "anti-wokester" bubble.

by Anonymousreply 27June 15, 2023 9:06 PM

R27 Get real. The common theme among Twitter wokies of the last few years is that every middle American, suburban white woman over 40 is a wicked monster personally responsible for America's ills. Compared to the far right they're correct about things like workers rights and healthcare so they have that going for them. But the animosity and seething hatred is pretty obvious.

by Anonymousreply 28June 15, 2023 9:12 PM

News flash: "Karen" and Elizabeth Warren are not the same person.

by Anonymousreply 29June 15, 2023 9:15 PM

[quote] Gretch will not the the first female POTUS

It will be me.

by Anonymousreply 30July 1, 2023 7:15 AM

It's not the men, we know they're assholes. It's the women. Women represent more than 50% of the population, but a lot of women will not vote for another woman. It's sad, really. Trump got a higher % of the women's vote both times...than he deserved. Something like 33%. Maybe higher.

by Anonymousreply 31July 1, 2023 11:44 AM

[quote] She is going places

Yes, like hell.

by Anonymousreply 32July 1, 2023 11:53 AM

Hillary had 20 years of bad press. The GOP knew she was ambitious and just targeted her over and over. Fox News basically was the anti Hillary channel for 15 of those years. Whitmer remains untouched. She will start to get the treatment if right thinks she is Presidential but they are too busy getting moms into School boards to make sure kids don't learn about black history or see anything gay.

by Anonymousreply 33July 1, 2023 12:30 PM

Agreed.

by Anonymousreply 34July 1, 2023 2:12 PM

She's one of my favorites. And she frightens the MAGAts so much they plotted for months to kidnap, assault, and kill her. Even those dimwits can recognize her as The Real Deal.

by Anonymousreply 35July 1, 2023 2:28 PM

I believe she was on the short list for Biden before they went with Kamala.

by Anonymousreply 36July 2, 2023 2:18 PM

I used to be active with the Michigan Dems years ago, and still talk to some of the old farts. Whitmer is a star. But from what I heart she turned down offers from the Biden people. No to VP and no to a cabinet position. She was smart to do it. We can look forward to great things from her, but I don't think she is ready to leave. Close, but not yet.

by Anonymousreply 37July 2, 2023 2:30 PM

Those hillbilly soldiers got acquitted. 🙄

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38September 15, 2023 9:00 PM

I don't think men would vote for her based on her voice alone. That accent makes their dick fall off and I say this as someone from Wisconsin.

by Anonymousreply 39September 15, 2023 9:06 PM

R39, Why does that accent incite dick detachment?

by Anonymousreply 40September 15, 2023 9:13 PM

Whitmer is not going to be on the ballot in 2024. Unless he's in prison, it will be Dump. The best and strongest Democrat to beat Dump is President Biden.

Yes, they are both old. Yes it would be nice to nominate younger candidates and we're not going to do that. Get over it. This is who we have for the Democratic presidential ticket and this is who we have for the Cuntpublican presidential ticket. Stop endlessly whining about it, deal with reality and move on.

by Anonymousreply 41September 15, 2023 9:28 PM

R38 Most likely the result of a stacked jury with preconceived biases. They should all have gotten at least some prison time. If an attempted kidnapping doesn't result in some punishment, then there will not be any deterrent for any future attempts.

by Anonymousreply 42September 15, 2023 9:35 PM

Gretchen is such a hideous name. Right up there with Hilda.

by Anonymousreply 43September 15, 2023 9:42 PM

That's not nice.

by Anonymousreply 44September 15, 2023 9:43 PM

If I were an American woman I would start an anti-birthing movement to stop women from being used as breeding stock by Repug heteros to create soulless little mini-me tyrants and/or meth head zombies/wastrels.

by Anonymousreply 45September 15, 2023 9:49 PM

R39 I live in New Mexico and trust me the accents many New Mexicans have are a lot worse than Whitmer's Fargo esque accent. I would rather hear Whitmer speak than listen to these beyond shitty accents here in New Mexico. At least Whitmer has good diction. Most New Mexicans have shitty diction.

by Anonymousreply 46September 15, 2023 10:01 PM

Whitmer is pretty for a female politician. Unfortunately, her sister who is running for a Congressional seat in New York is very unattractive.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47September 15, 2023 10:05 PM

[quote]That accent makes their dick fall off and I say this as someone from Wisconsin.

What accent?

by Anonymousreply 48September 15, 2023 10:06 PM

R47, imo Whitmer's sister is far prettier than her

by Anonymousreply 49September 16, 2023 1:01 AM

Whitmer has caneface

by Anonymousreply 50September 16, 2023 1:01 AM

Whitmer's older daughter is a tubby lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 51September 16, 2023 1:03 AM

I'm going to the first female POTUS.

by Anonymousreply 52February 21, 2024 3:43 PM

R47, the misogyny is dripping from your post. Both women are attractive, and that has nothing to do with capabilities.

by Anonymousreply 53February 21, 2024 3:54 PM

R46, what the hell is a New Mexican accent?

by Anonymousreply 54February 21, 2024 4:01 PM

[quote] Her husband messed up by trying to get his boat out during quarantine but besides that I don't hear much bad about her except on Facebook there were Deplorables calling her Stretchin' Gretchen saying she was a slut in high school (damn I wish I was instead of a wallflower) because they were mad about the mask restrictions.

I remember reading the "Stretching Gretchen" stuff and that she liked anal in high school and slept with numerous guys. I thought that stuff was just straight-up slut shaming. Whitmer was a teenager in the '80s and plenty of teens were doing stupid shit back then. She did say in this interview that she had subpar grades and was a rebellious teenager. The people who bitched about Strechin' Gretchen probably weren't angels either back in the '80s.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55February 21, 2024 4:43 PM

I'm jealous. Guys in the '80s were so fucking hot.

by Anonymousreply 56February 21, 2024 4:51 PM

Whitmer's sister Liz ended her Congressional campaign back in November. Liz is still very active on Twitter. I think Liz is going to see what happens in the 2024 elections and maybe she'll try to run again in 2026.

I sometimes hate watch The Majority Report with Sam Seder. They are all major fanboys/fangirls of AOC, Tlaib, Cori Bush, Jamaal Bowman, and Mondaire Jones. Anyway, last summer, a guy called in to talk about Liz running in the primary against Mondaire and the caller bitched about how Liz's only political experience has been as a school board member and of course, Emma Vigeland rolled her eyes. I thought it was funny how they could bitch about Liz's lack of experience, yet they have boners for AOC who had no local political office experience before being elected into Congress.

I doubt this will ever happen, but I would love it if Liz ran for Congress in 2026 and got the Dem nod and then won the general election. Gretchen runs for president in 2028 and wins. Emma Vigeland and all the Squad/Bernie Sanders fanboys and fangirls would have mental breakdowns and would be bitching about the "establishment Democrats" taking over. Again, I know it won't happen, but it would be hilarious for those Majority Report twats to have to deal with Whitmer as president or the sister in Congress.

by Anonymousreply 57February 21, 2024 5:32 PM

[quote] [R9] I don't know if you are being sarcastic but the sad part is a lot of men would never vote for a female president.

Because they are small minded and stupid.

by Anonymousreply 58February 21, 2024 5:36 PM

I agree

by Anonymousreply 59February 21, 2024 5:37 PM

It certainly would be helpful if she were running for president now with a VP candidate who is not Kamala. Dream a little dream...

by Anonymousreply 60February 21, 2024 5:40 PM

I think a good presidential ticket would be Whitmer with Josh Shapiro or Andy Beshear.

by Anonymousreply 61February 21, 2024 6:36 PM

R52 You didn't go anywhere Nikki

by Anonymousreply 62March 8, 2024 12:28 AM

The first female president will almost certainly be a Republican. Democrats elected the first black person, then boom, Trump. They’re too scared to elect anybody but a white man for the foreseeable future. Republicans need to signal to squeamish independents that they’re the big tent party, and electing a useful idiot like Kari Lake will convince the low information voters for at least a generation or two.

by Anonymousreply 63March 8, 2024 1:18 AM

Starting at 14:18, Tim Skubick, the dean of the Lansing Capitol press corps, said that he does not believe Whitmer will ever be a candidate run for the White House.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64April 10, 2024 1:16 AM

He has a golf club planted in his skull but still smiling.

by Anonymousreply 65April 10, 2024 1:20 AM

The MAGA already have it out for her, even a failed attempt to kidnap and kill her, so I doubt it.

by Anonymousreply 66April 10, 2024 1:27 AM

Landrieus are a family of nonentities. Pick somebody smarter.

by Anonymousreply 67April 10, 2024 1:38 AM

A better running mate would be hunky Andy Beshear.

With Pete as Secretary of State, because why not?

by Anonymousreply 68April 10, 2024 1:56 AM

R62 Got closer than you, fattie.

by Anonymousreply 69April 10, 2024 1:56 AM

The presidential run stuff just got brought up again due to the book announcement. The book cover is just another thing that shows how Whitmer fucked up her face with too much Botox and other procedures.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70April 10, 2024 12:30 PM

Buttigieg/Whitmer

or

Whitmer/Buttigieg

I'm down for either one.

by Anonymousreply 71April 10, 2024 12:49 PM

Detroit Free Press of course does their Gretchen Whitmer presidential run story for clicks. I laugh at the twat columnist's story about how he met Whitmer when she was a child.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72April 10, 2024 12:51 PM

[quote][R62] Got closer than you, fattie.

[quote]—N. Haley

Shut up, Nikki. You should get some work done on your crater face.

by Anonymousreply 73April 14, 2024 12:29 AM

[quote] I think a good presidential ticket would be Whitmer with Josh Shapiro or Andy Beshear.

Because you’re a retard.

by Anonymousreply 74April 14, 2024 2:18 AM

[quote] She looks like Jessica Lange.

She looka likea man!

by Anonymousreply 75April 14, 2024 2:31 AM

R74, get help for your anger issues.

I think Beshear or Shapiro would be excellent choices.

by Anonymousreply 76April 14, 2024 5:26 AM

She went too far with the botox and other procedures. She looks like a villain in a horror movie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77April 14, 2024 1:34 PM

R77, agree totally. The neck-face incongruity in R72's linked pic is really startling. If she stops now, she will look more real by the next election cycle.

Not incidentally, I'm a huge fan of hers, to the point of being called a Gretch troll here on DL.

by Anonymousreply 78April 14, 2024 1:59 PM

Even though she screwed up her face, Whitmer is a beauty queen compared to people like MTG, Sarah Huckabeast Sanders, and dork fug Rashida Tlaib.

by Anonymousreply 79April 14, 2024 3:31 PM

Whitmer was on Meet the Press this morning. She looked a bit less monstrous.

by Anonymousreply 80April 14, 2024 4:44 PM

R23 I could Raimondo becoming POTUS. She knows how to deal with the right people.

by Anonymousreply 81May 24, 2024 10:15 PM

We desperately need Joe to step aside for someone else.

by Anonymousreply 82May 24, 2024 10:16 PM

Is she the one who shoots puppies and goats?

by Anonymousreply 83May 24, 2024 10:18 PM

R83 She doesn't shoot animals. But, Whitmer and Kristi Noem are both addicted to plastic surgery. In an alternate universe, Whitmer and Noem would be two gal pals going to the plastic surgeon's office together to schedule procedures.

by Anonymousreply 84May 24, 2024 10:25 PM

[quote] I don't think men would vote for her based on her voice alone. That accent makes their dick fall off and I say this as someone from Wisconsin.

No, listen to Michigan Congresswoman Haley Stevens speak. Her voice and accent are far worse than Whitmer's accent and voice.

How the hell has Stevens not ended up as a SNL parody? She's also quite odd looking.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85May 30, 2024 3:26 PM

[quote] She looks like Jessica Lange.

She also looks a bit like Geena Davis.

by Anonymousreply 86May 30, 2024 3:35 PM

she stole my dalmatians.

by Anonymousreply 87May 30, 2024 3:35 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!