Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

BREAKING: RFK Jr Running for President!

NEW YORK (AP) — Democrat Robert F. Kennedy Jr., an anti-vaccine activist and scion of one of the country’s most famous political families, is running for president.

Kennedy filed a statement of candidacy Wednesday with the Federal Election Commission.

The 69-year-old’s campaign to challenge incumbent President Joe Biden for the Democratic nomination is a long shot. Self-help author Marianne Williamson is also running in the Democratic race.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 364June 12, 2023 4:59 AM

Actually, this might not be a bad thing in that a presidential run invites scrutiny, like, where does his $$ come from? Who finances his anti-vaxxer nonsense?

Well Gayle King, you just got that award from CBS - next time you're in the Hamptons you can ask Jr. about this!

by Anonymousreply 1April 5, 2023 11:14 PM

This family’s delusional post-midcentury political obsession with attempting to attain successfully the U.S. Presidency never ceases to be, nor to entertain. lol

by Anonymousreply 2April 5, 2023 11:15 PM

Fuck him. I'm a Kennedy fellator and weird about vaccines, but fuck that guy.

by Anonymousreply 3April 5, 2023 11:16 PM

It's Connor Roy... [bold]LIVE![/bold]

by Anonymousreply 4April 5, 2023 11:17 PM

No Dem will support an anti-vaxxer. Bye, bitch

by Anonymousreply 5April 5, 2023 11:17 PM

He’ll never win.

by Anonymousreply 6April 5, 2023 11:17 PM

Antivaxxer shitbag from that hideous and cursed family.

by Anonymousreply 7April 5, 2023 11:17 PM

I'm so looking forward to my newest starring role, FLOTUS.

by Anonymousreply 8April 5, 2023 11:18 PM

Well, at least Cheryl would be a step up from the Slovenian whore

by Anonymousreply 9April 5, 2023 11:20 PM

He’s doing it for the same reason Kanye West did.

by Anonymousreply 10April 5, 2023 11:25 PM

Cheryl Hines for First Lady!

by Anonymousreply 11April 5, 2023 11:27 PM

Just his voice alone disqualifies him.

by Anonymousreply 12April 5, 2023 11:32 PM

It's been said that many people voted for Gene McCarthy in the '68 NH primary in the mistaken belief that they were voting for Joe McCarthy. RFK Jr.'s only hope must be that there are enough people who think his father is the one on the ballot.

by Anonymousreply 13April 6, 2023 12:11 AM

When he opposed the Covid vaccine, my MAGAt sister said, "Why would he risk his reputation if" his beliefs were misguided? "Reputation," I thundered, "what reputation?!" This guy's long been a crackpot, including when he vouched for the innocence of his father's assassin.

by Anonymousreply 14April 6, 2023 12:17 AM

QAnoners think JFK Jr. and Sr. are still alive, so RFK may pull some votes from those folks. They are the dumbest people on the planet after all.

by Anonymousreply 15April 6, 2023 12:18 AM

Free Sirhan Sirhan!

by Anonymousreply 16April 6, 2023 12:19 AM

[quote]Just his voice alone disqualifies him.

Can you imagine that voice in a debate or State Of The Union"

by Anonymousreply 17April 6, 2023 12:22 AM

[quote] QAnoners think JFK Jr. and Sr. are still alive

Jack's turning 106 at the end of next month. Marilyn will be there to serenade him with a sultry, "Happy Birthday to You[, Mr. President]."

by Anonymousreply 18April 6, 2023 12:29 AM

I cannot vote for Biden in the primary. I just cannot. We are hoping for an 80 year old to make it to Election Day? That's how we lost the Supreme Court. Biden running is a disaster waiting to happen. And YES I am a Democrat.

by Anonymousreply 19April 6, 2023 12:34 AM

Just what we need. Another spoiled, entitled rich man from a powerful political family running for office.

by Anonymousreply 20April 6, 2023 12:42 AM

[quote] Biden running is a disaster waiting to happen.

Really?!? Who do you think gives the Dems a better chance of winning than an INCUMBENT president? Surely not Kamala. And if not her, they'll be a likely divisive primary to overcome the advantages of her vice-presidency. No, it's very difficult to unseat an incumbent president who has neither a serious primary challenger or third-party opponent. In the last 90 years, Hoover & Trump are the only such incumbent presidents to have been denied re-election.

by Anonymousreply 21April 6, 2023 12:42 AM

I cannot wait to see this motherfucker go up in flames!

by Anonymousreply 22April 6, 2023 12:51 AM

R21 = I agree we don't have great choices. Kamala has been nothing but a disappointment. Pete can't win. A Dem Governor needs to step up. If 80 year old Biden goes to heaven next summer in the middle of a campaign, it is STILL going to hand the GOP the White House. Just like RBG gave the GOP the Supreme Court. Crossing our fingers and hoping for the best until November 5 2024 is insane and it will cost us too much. Sorry but I welcome any Democrat alternative at this point. Whitmer or Newsome might be our best hope.

by Anonymousreply 23April 6, 2023 12:53 AM

R21 = Bush Senior in 1992. whoops.

by Anonymousreply 24April 6, 2023 12:56 AM

These clowns can't get elected in Massachusetts anymore.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25April 6, 2023 1:07 AM

No, R24. George HW Bush had both a credible primary challenger (Buchanan) AND a very serious third-party opponent (Perot).

by Anonymousreply 26April 6, 2023 1:08 AM

[quote] If 80 year old Biden goes to heaven next summer in the middle of a campaign, it is STILL going to hand the GOP the White House.

Talk about a parade of horribles. You sound like those republicans hoping that Trump dies befoe the election. The odds of either Biden or Trump dying by then aren't particulary great.

by Anonymousreply 27April 6, 2023 1:13 AM

[quote] RFK Jr.'s only hope must be that there are enough people who think his father is the one on the ballot.

His father has been dead since1968. There aren’t enough voters over the age of 65 who even remember RFK and would make that mistake.

by Anonymousreply 28April 6, 2023 1:37 AM

My tongue was firmly implanted in my cheek, R28.

by Anonymousreply 29April 6, 2023 1:43 AM

Jean Kennedy Smiths son, Stephen. John Johns cousin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30April 6, 2023 1:51 AM

^ 65, never married. Could he be ... human?

by Anonymousreply 31April 6, 2023 2:05 AM

I hope Ethel lives long enough to see her son in the White House!

by Anonymousreply 32April 6, 2023 3:11 AM

Ethel’s 95th birthday is on April 11.

by Anonymousreply 33April 6, 2023 3:19 AM

RFK, Jr...curb your enthusiasm.

by Anonymousreply 34April 6, 2023 3:26 AM

I hope Ethel lives long enough to see him completely disgraced — another of her putrid spawn brought low. She’s beyond stupid, entitled and cuntastic.

by Anonymousreply 35April 6, 2023 3:30 AM

@r30, 😳 Those Kennedys either get all the gorgeous genes or the get stuck with the entrails. Yikes!

by Anonymousreply 36April 6, 2023 3:50 AM

Love him. He's absolutely got my vote.

Yes, I know he'll never win.

by Anonymousreply 37April 6, 2023 3:53 AM

Is Stephen a transperson?

by Anonymousreply 38April 6, 2023 3:54 AM

Maria Shriver should run.

by Anonymousreply 39April 6, 2023 4:30 AM

Does anyone have any interior pics of RFK Jr and Cheryl's house so we can get an idea of how Cheryl would decorate the White House?

by Anonymousreply 40April 6, 2023 4:46 AM

RFK's children have an over abundance of Skakel genes in them.

by Anonymousreply 41April 6, 2023 4:57 AM

So he wants to pull the same shit his drunken uncle pulled which helped Reagan get into the White House.

by Anonymousreply 42April 6, 2023 4:57 AM

Now we’ll have Democrats attacking Biden like Republicans who want to be President attacking Trump. This is 2016 again. They’ll try to beat Joe down so badly that Trump will stand a good chance of winning. They did this with Hillary.

by Anonymousreply 43April 6, 2023 4:58 AM

The Kennedys are white trash and corrupt to the bone.

by Anonymousreply 44April 6, 2023 4:59 AM

Remember Caroline Kennedy talking like she deserved to win in New York?

by Anonymousreply 45April 6, 2023 5:00 AM

I've subscribed to his newsletter for years, well before the pandemic, and have nothing but admiration for him. Obviously he wouldn't win but I would vote for him without hesitation.

by Anonymousreply 46April 6, 2023 5:09 AM

He won't win ?

Do you remember when you said Donald would never win?

by Anonymousreply 47April 6, 2023 5:13 AM

RFK Jr., the ultimate nepo-baby.

by Anonymousreply 48April 6, 2023 5:22 AM

[quote] Who do you think gives the Dems a better chance of winning than an INCUMBENT president?

I would think the Dems would be far more concerned about why their best "hope" is an addled 80 year old.

by Anonymousreply 49April 6, 2023 5:24 AM

He could bring back the Kennedy magic.

by Anonymousreply 50April 6, 2023 5:24 AM

The "Kennedy magic" was the fictional product of media spin. Neither the media nor the public are as naive.

by Anonymousreply 51April 6, 2023 5:34 AM

I want Elizabeth Warren to run so she shreds this guy in the debate. She’ll also use the word billionaire 573 times in just that debate alone.

by Anonymousreply 52April 6, 2023 5:36 AM

Well, R49, an “addled” 78-year old did beat a clear-thinking president Trump.

by Anonymousreply 53April 6, 2023 6:35 AM

R53 And yet you don't wonder why, out of 338 milliion people, that's the choice the American voter was offered. Truly sad.

by Anonymousreply 54April 6, 2023 6:39 AM

R42, you give young Bobby far, far too much credit if you think he has the clout of his uncle Teddy 44 years ago who entered the race with a commanding lead over his party’s president. But the young scion is resurrecting a family tradition, begun by his father, of challenging the renomination of a president of his own party.

by Anonymousreply 55April 6, 2023 6:40 AM

R54, has there ever been a presidential race in which your criticism hasn’t been leveled?

by Anonymousreply 56April 6, 2023 6:42 AM

R56 An observation is not a criticism.

by Anonymousreply 57April 6, 2023 6:45 AM

How did he get this way? His voice and bizzare views, he must be mental.

by Anonymousreply 58April 6, 2023 6:47 AM

McCarthy died in 1957 why would they think they were voting for him? He died in an insane asylum of alcoholism.

by Anonymousreply 59April 6, 2023 6:48 AM

^^^R13

by Anonymousreply 60April 6, 2023 6:48 AM

Never overestimate the intelligence of the American voter, R60!

by Anonymousreply 61April 6, 2023 6:56 AM

R61 Or American arrogance

by Anonymousreply 62April 6, 2023 6:58 AM

I think Biden has dementia and he might get bad enough that people will think he is too old. He needs to drop Harris and put someone much more competent in like Whitmier. Not Newsome. He is too woke. He puts men in women's prisons and the thugs will tear him apart.

by Anonymousreply 63April 6, 2023 6:59 AM

R63, if you seriously think Biden has dementia you have the good fortune of never having been around someone who really has been so afflicted. And there is no political reality in which a white male Democratic president could replace a Black vice-president with a white candidate. None. And, despite regular such talk, no president has replaced his running mate since 1944 when FDR dropped Henry Wallace in favor of Harry Truman.

by Anonymousreply 64April 6, 2023 7:06 AM

Biden better do something. A Kennedy challenged Jimmy Carter in 1980 and look what happened.

by Anonymousreply 65April 6, 2023 7:29 AM

69 - so young!

by Anonymousreply 66April 6, 2023 7:34 AM

Fuck him for doing this.

by Anonymousreply 67April 6, 2023 7:40 AM

BiDeN iS sO oLd AnD hAs DeMeNtIA!!!!!

VoTe FoR tHe AlMoSt-70-YeAr-OlD iNsTeAd!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 68April 6, 2023 7:45 AM

Why would any Kennedy ever run for president? Don’t they keep up with their family history?

by Anonymousreply 69April 6, 2023 7:48 AM

Does this hurt Pete's chances ?

by Anonymousreply 70April 6, 2023 7:51 AM

Biden is the same age as my mommy and she’s going to be fine for decades yet, OK?

by Anonymousreply 71April 6, 2023 7:52 AM

Erm, campaigns cost money. Who is going to back this guy except Putin?

by Anonymousreply 72April 6, 2023 7:52 AM

"He could bring back the Kennedy magic."

Because he's a Kennedy wizard?

If you want some magical thinking get a load of this: being an anti-vaxxer at this stage?

It's like he's Kennedy cursed.

by Anonymousreply 73April 6, 2023 7:53 AM

[quote] Kennedy has appeared at events pushing the lie that the 2020 presidential election was stolen...

[quote] [Was] at a July 2021 Reawaken America event with former President Donald Trump’s ally Roger Stone, former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn and anti-vaccine profiteer Charlene Bollinger.

[quote] Bollinger has appeared with Kennedy at multiple events. She and her husband sponsored an anti-vaccine, pro-Trump rally near the Capitol on Jan. 6. Bollinger celebrated the attack and her husband tried to enter the Capitol. Kennedy later appeared in a video for their Super PAC.

[quote] Kennedy has repeatedly invoked Nazis and the Holocaust when talking about measures aimed at mitigating the spread of COVID-19, such as mask requirements and vaccine mandates.

This guy is not a Democrat. And is trying to help Republicans a la Kanye West.

by Anonymousreply 74April 6, 2023 8:03 AM

Let's get serious for a moment. His whole family thinks he's nuts. He will not have Kennedy family support, not that that matters as almost none are significant anyone. I guess there is Caroline and the Shriver woman who was Lieutenant Governor of Maryland some time back. Look for those two to issue statements of non-support.

by Anonymousreply 75April 6, 2023 8:04 AM

Is he related to Kerry? I can’t keep all these crazy Kennedys straight. RFK Jr. is the one whose wife killed herself, and then he married the simian Cheryl Hines? And has the hot son Connor?

by Anonymousreply 76April 6, 2023 8:13 AM

[quote]His whole family thinks he's nuts. He will not have Kennedy family support

The family strongly supported a family member who was being credibly prosecuted for rape, but questioning vaccines is going too far?

by Anonymousreply 77April 6, 2023 8:15 AM

Please get it right OP. It's BEARKING.

by Anonymousreply 78April 6, 2023 8:28 AM

[quote]He’ll never win.

The rumor for a while has been that Bannon has been encouraging him to run, mostly to make his anti-vax opinions more visible and therefore more mainstream, but also probably as part of a ratfuck.

RFK Jr. is so nutty and unlikable that I can't imagine this is going to go far.

by Anonymousreply 79April 6, 2023 8:31 AM

Yeah, this'll work.

/massive eye roll

by Anonymousreply 80April 6, 2023 8:35 AM

[quote]Biden better do something. A Kennedy challenged Jimmy Carter in 1980 and look what happened.

Carter was a different case entirely. The Repugs had started using cult of personality-style PR by then, having seen how well it worked for JFK (who beat Nixon the first time he ran, if you'll recall), and what they did with Carter was use the same tactics in reverse, basically: instead of manipulating popular culture and the media to prop up a Repug, they used it to tear down a Dem. It was wildly successful, which is why to this day we still hear "peanut farmer" and "killer rabbit" and "I've sinned in my heart" jokes about Carter. Their attempts to do the same to Biden haven't been very successful.

Also, they don't have a ratfuck in their back pocket like they did with Nixon the second time around (secret deals with North Vietnam) or Carter (secret deals to get the hostages out after Carter lost the election). In that climate, a spoiler can really do a lot of damage, which is why Teddy Kennedy was so effective at fucking over the entire Democratic Party in 1980.

I don't think we have to worry about a Kennedy acting like a spoiler this time.

by Anonymousreply 81April 6, 2023 8:37 AM

Thank goodness he needs to spread his idiocy even further.

by Anonymousreply 82April 6, 2023 8:41 AM

R77 , do you mean William Kennedy Smith? Support means different things here, but I meant support for public office.

by Anonymousreply 83April 6, 2023 8:43 AM

The mofo at R30 looks like a marionette

by Anonymousreply 84April 6, 2023 8:45 AM

RFK Jr has long been an anti-vaxxer loon, so the only people he'd appeal to are other anti-vaxxer voters & very low information types, which do exist. But it's hard to imagine those people would vote for Biden anyone since they're still sulking about mask & vaccination mandates. Denting the QAnon group hurts the repigs, not the dems. And as others have aptly noted, people who just *loved* the Kennedys are long gone, even in MA.

by Anonymousreply 85April 6, 2023 8:53 AM

He has no base of support within the Democratic Party, no institutional support, no big names behind him in the Party, etc. He won’t make a dent. So stupid.

by Anonymousreply 86April 6, 2023 8:58 AM

Did the Kennedy name still have allure and count for something?

by Anonymousreply 87April 6, 2023 9:00 AM

He talks funny.

by Anonymousreply 88April 6, 2023 9:47 AM

^ He sounds like his grandmother Rose Kennedy who had the same voice affliction

by Anonymousreply 89April 6, 2023 9:54 AM

R87, not that much. The hawt ginger lost in Massachusetts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90April 6, 2023 10:03 AM

Qretins are all abuzz since this news dropped, they think it's all finally habbening.

by Anonymousreply 91April 6, 2023 10:06 AM

Good. Now I have someone to vote for.

by Anonymousreply 92April 6, 2023 10:08 AM

[quote]He has no base of support within the Democratic Party, no institutional support, no big names behind him in the Party, etc. He won’t make a dent. So stupid.

They said the same thing about Trump in 2015! Similarly, RFK Jr's bold and not at all insane positions will inspire a groundswell among the Democratic base that will carry him to the nomination!

by Anonymousreply 93April 6, 2023 10:09 AM

He should run in the Republican primaries. Now that’s news and he’d pick up more votes for his vaxxer views.

by Anonymousreply 94April 6, 2023 10:10 AM

Even his wife has stated she doesn't agree with his anti-vax ideology.

by Anonymousreply 95April 6, 2023 10:11 AM

His wife is a whore, yes.

by Anonymousreply 96April 6, 2023 10:12 AM

Hypothetically, if he switched to Republican and explicitly courted the Q-anon vote…

by Anonymousreply 97April 6, 2023 10:17 AM

[quote]Even his wife has stated she doesn't agree with his anti-vax ideology.

I don't believe this; anti-vax is not just his personal opinion, but the hill he has apparently chosen to die on. It's his bread & butter. I don't give a shit what she thinks but her stance seems less about her actual beliefs & more about preventing herself from being "cancelled" (or blackballed) by the Hollywood establishment.

by Anonymousreply 98April 6, 2023 10:17 AM

He is a stupid man, even for a Kennedy.

by Anonymousreply 99April 6, 2023 11:54 AM

People forget that there’s an anti-vax constituency on the Left. It may be small, but it’s there. These are the same people who believe in alternative medicine and think certain diet fads are the cure for everything. Some of these people are older hippies and younger hipsters. Others are rich housewives, silly women like the kind you find on those Bravo shows.

by Anonymousreply 100April 6, 2023 12:21 PM

Bearking!

by Anonymousreply 101April 6, 2023 12:23 PM

Looney bin

by Anonymousreply 102April 6, 2023 12:25 PM

I think most of the good-looking Kennedys inherited their looks from their non-Kennedy parent. JFK Jr was more of a Bouvier than a Kennedy.

by Anonymousreply 103April 6, 2023 12:32 PM

Once he starts talking people will switch channels. He's impossible to listen to him for longer than 2 minutes. I actually think his speech impediment is all in his head. He's that nuts.

by Anonymousreply 104April 6, 2023 12:35 PM

I am left-leaning, got vaxxed, and now wish I hadn't.

by Anonymousreply 105April 6, 2023 12:36 PM

@r103 JFK Jr.'s father was considered good-looking in his prime. Both parents had thick dark hair, so Jr. was lucky there

by Anonymousreply 106April 6, 2023 12:38 PM

Explain r105. I’m genuinely curious. Should I be worried about something?

by Anonymousreply 107April 6, 2023 12:39 PM

According to Christopher Lawford, RFK, Jr. had the biggest dick out of all the Kennedy cousins and he was the best at eating pussy.

by Anonymousreply 108April 6, 2023 12:42 PM

R95, He’s presently on wife #3.

by Anonymousreply 109April 6, 2023 12:44 PM

R89, A couple of RFK, Jr.’s sisters also have it.

by Anonymousreply 110April 6, 2023 12:45 PM

@r108, Madonna said that having sex with JFK Jr. was like having sex with an 11-year old boy... Hardly impressive 😏

by Anonymousreply 111April 6, 2023 12:46 PM

R111, Brooke Shields told Howard Stern this week that JFK, Jr. was an exceptional kisser.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112April 6, 2023 12:48 PM

Christopher Lawford was another good-looking Kennedy, but he was more of a Lawford than a Kennedy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113April 6, 2023 12:51 PM

R105 voted for Jill Stein in 2016 and probably stayed home in 2020.

by Anonymousreply 114April 6, 2023 12:53 PM

@r112, " JFK, Jr. was an exceptional kisser."

It's what happens next that counts 😜

by Anonymousreply 115April 6, 2023 12:57 PM

[quote]Kamala has been nothing but a disappointment.

Why? Because she's not on TV yelling at people, because she's black, a woman? What VP were you impressed with?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116April 6, 2023 1:37 PM

R44 They are probably a lesser evil compared to the Trump family.

Princess Caroline of Camelot's son Jack is 25 or 26, I think within five years he will run for political office. Maybe start off local or state level for awhile and then run for US Congress.

by Anonymousreply 117April 6, 2023 1:47 PM

Ted Kennedy challenged Carter. How did that work out?

by Anonymousreply 118April 6, 2023 2:01 PM

I wish Ted would have beat Carter and then beat Regan. We would have drunk Joan as first lady.

by Anonymousreply 119April 6, 2023 2:02 PM

^^^I meant to type "would have had"

by Anonymousreply 120April 6, 2023 2:02 PM

R97, he’s not going to switch to Republican. He’s going to stay Democrat, run on a Qanon platform, try and get nostalgic Kennedy voters, and solicit crossover votes from crazy Republicans registered as Democrats to oppose Biden. With any luck he can win the primary based on Republican crossover votes, and get himself, Trump or some other Qanon elected on the a democratic ticket, is the reasoning.

Apparently this is Steve Bannon’s plan, I read somewhere. He’s a nihilist.

by Anonymousreply 121April 6, 2023 2:10 PM

^ The QAnon voters will be too preoccupied with the GOP primaries to be able to vote/do mischief in the Democratic primaries.

by Anonymousreply 122April 6, 2023 2:14 PM

I hope this destroys his wife's acting "career."

by Anonymousreply 123April 6, 2023 2:19 PM

Whenever some shit like this happens, you know some dark GQP or Russian oligarch money is sponsoring these faux democrat candidates. Just like Bernie Sanders in 2012 wanting to challenge Obama. This fucker's 2016 and 2020 presidential campaigns were boosted with dirty Russian money.

This should actually be made a topic right from the start. The DNC should take the gloves off on these criminals. If you can't prevent them from running, at least do everything to expose their real intentions. Absolutely no need to play nice here.

by Anonymousreply 124April 6, 2023 2:26 PM

R121, I hope you’re right, but if this is Bannon’s plan, he will probably run as an Independent after he loses the primary. Anything to split Democratic votes. And there are red states where a lot of Republicans would be willing or able to undermine Biden. The real fear is Republicans interfering in a Democratic primary. Remember all those attempts to push laws for open primaries? There was a big push last time for it in Nevada, which is barely blue. You only need a few thousand Republicans to vote in a Democratic primary and Biden could lose that state. Bannon may be evil, but he knows how to fuck things up.

by Anonymousreply 125April 6, 2023 2:27 PM

Breaking! No one cares if he’s running for President

by Anonymousreply 126April 6, 2023 2:32 PM

[Quote] Anything to split Democratic votes.

Dems aren’t stupid. No one is voting for this fool

by Anonymousreply 127April 6, 2023 2:33 PM

If Democrats don't show him respect, then maybe he will run as an independent in the general.

by Anonymousreply 128April 6, 2023 2:47 PM

The reality for Democrats is quite simple, Biden or bust, they have no others viable candidates capable of winning.

by Anonymousreply 129April 6, 2023 2:48 PM

R75 Kathleen Kennedy Townsend was the Lieutenant Governor of Maryland not Maria Shriver.

I'm puzzled as to how RFK Jr. ended up like this. From what I remember, he used to be a somewhat sane, measured environmentalist and attorney. He seems bonkers now. Plus, fuck him for gaslighting his second wife which led to her suicide.

by Anonymousreply 130April 6, 2023 3:03 PM

[quote] Good. Now I have someone to vote for.

Oh, sock-puppeted hon, as if you hadn't already had someone to vote for! Whoever GOP tells you to vote for.

Nice try, though. Which express W&Wing technique are you using? Sock puppets? Frequent reloading?

by Anonymousreply 131April 6, 2023 3:08 PM

r24, you have to get over self. The democrats don't have the people to win. Joe is the best bet. He wins and maybe steps down the last year of his second term ala The VEEP. Giving Kamala a chance to spend the last months as the first president. Then her VP choice for her actual bid to be elected President is chosen over her to run for the party and she is relegated to Veep again.

This was already written this will happen. Kamala is a fine Veep, they do nothing. She was meant to be this character.

by Anonymousreply 132April 6, 2023 3:13 PM

Since his teenage years, RFK, Jr. has ingested every drug known to mankind.

by Anonymousreply 133April 6, 2023 3:15 PM

At 69 years old, the guy is quite handsome. I'm surprised since Irish men don't usually age well - especially one with a history of drugs and alcohol.

by Anonymousreply 134April 6, 2023 3:22 PM

[quote] He needs to drop Harris and put someone much more competent in like Whitmier. Not Newsome.

I can see you follow politics very closely.

by Anonymousreply 135April 6, 2023 3:26 PM

[quote] I'm surprised since Irish men don't usually age well

It helps when you've never had to work a day in your life.

by Anonymousreply 136April 6, 2023 3:26 PM

Any chance of a campaign stop in California? And then it's on to Chicago to try to win there?

by Anonymousreply 137April 6, 2023 3:27 PM

R137, Stay out of the hotel kitchen.

by Anonymousreply 138April 6, 2023 3:30 PM

[quote]According to Christopher Lawford, RFK, Jr. had the biggest dick out of all the Kennedy cousins and he was the best at eating pussy.

[quote]A couple of RFK, Jr.’s sisters also have it.

That second comment shouldn't have come so close to the first quote.

🤣

by Anonymousreply 139April 6, 2023 3:30 PM

According to Christopher Lawford, RFK, Jr. had the biggest dick out of all the Kennedy cousins and he was the best at eating pussy.

How would he know about RFK Jr’s pussy-eating skills? I bet most of those Kennedy guys wouldn’t even. They are there to be serviced. Or do some rapin’. They don’t care about pleasing women in bed.

by Anonymousreply 140April 6, 2023 3:32 PM

R98 The wife of a rich crackpot in upstate New York is "afraid" of being cancelled by the Hollywood Establishment? Say you are a QAnon right wing wing nut without saying you are a QAnon right wing wing nut.

by Anonymousreply 141April 6, 2023 3:32 PM

RFK Jr will get fewer votes than Marianne Williamson.

by Anonymousreply 142April 6, 2023 3:34 PM

R140, There’s an amusing anecdote in this excellent book about RFK, Jr. and Christopher Lawford pursuing the same girl.

There was a contest to see who ate her pussy the best and Christopher lost.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143April 6, 2023 3:37 PM

R98, she’s trying to portray herself as being someone who married a person who later became Qanon. It’s happened to a lot of people and almost all of them end up divorced.

A lot of Qanons used to be Democrats, drank the Koolaid and now believe every conspiracy theory there is. Maybe he’s one. If so, his delusional behavior had been going on quite a while, so she’s had time to deal with it. She’s not going to be First Lady. If I were her, I wouldn’t want all the increased scrutiny for no benefit.

by Anonymousreply 144April 6, 2023 3:38 PM

R136 It doesn't help when you've been drinking and doing drugs on those days off.

by Anonymousreply 145April 6, 2023 3:39 PM

Who's even talking about the vaccine anymore? If that's going to be the main issue of his campaign, then good luck with that.

by Anonymousreply 146April 6, 2023 3:42 PM

He will siphon off Republican votes, if any. No Democrat will vote for an anti-vaxxer if he were Jesus himself.

Especially if Jesus has posed with Roger Stone!

by Anonymousreply 147April 6, 2023 3:44 PM

^^^ Who is still talking about the vaccine anymore? Every nutter with an internet connection...

by Anonymousreply 148April 6, 2023 3:46 PM

Gavin Newsom needs to reverse his decision to deny Sirhan parole.

by Anonymousreply 149April 6, 2023 3:55 PM

He's friends with traitor Mike Flynn and freak Roger Stone. There are pictures of them all over the place. He's already done for, the dumbass.

by Anonymousreply 150April 6, 2023 4:39 PM

It’s a wonder he even made it to this age. He was a heroin addict in his youth.

by Anonymousreply 151April 6, 2023 6:10 PM

BTW, His mother Ethel turns 95 next Tuesday.

by Anonymousreply 152April 6, 2023 6:47 PM

The Kennedys are *so* ovuh.

by Anonymousreply 153April 6, 2023 6:53 PM

R148, Well, the topic IS Bobby Jr's claim to fame, so.....

You know he's written a book or two about vaccines, right? (*sarcasm*)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154April 6, 2023 8:44 PM

Another book:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155April 6, 2023 8:47 PM

And he hates Dr. Fauci:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156April 6, 2023 9:17 PM

His ugly cunt of a wife sure is keeping quiet.

Hope this ends her career.

by Anonymousreply 157April 6, 2023 9:26 PM

His son Conor is hot as fuck.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158April 6, 2023 9:29 PM

R144, And your evidence that "a lot of Democrats" became QAnon followers?

by Anonymousreply 159April 6, 2023 9:32 PM

R13, Do you think you're clever, or are you stupefyingly ignorant?

McCarthy died in 1957.

by Anonymousreply 160April 6, 2023 9:35 PM

R20, A ginger? I think not.

Are you thinking instead of Teddy III?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161April 6, 2023 9:39 PM

Steve Bannon spent "months" recruiting anti-vaxxer RFK Jr. to run against Biden as "chaos agent"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162April 6, 2023 9:58 PM

R159, this is a support subreddit for the families of Qanon conspiracy theorists. It has 262,000 members.

Yes, some of them are former Democrats. Read the stories if you don’t believe me. A lot of these stories are sadly about formerly rational people who are brainwashed into believing Qanon conspiracy theories. It is so common in this group for people to get divorced, people in the group generally advise each other to go ahead and pull the plug.

A lot of these people go from gentle, rational people to violent misogynist control freaks that treat their families with extreme hostility and scream at, beat or threaten any family member who doesn’t agree with every Qanon theory. They have zero tolerance for dissension of any kind. Some have even killed their families.

Read some of the stories.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163April 6, 2023 10:43 PM

[quote] [R13], Do you think you're clever, or are you stupefyingly ignorant?

I am (sometimes) clever, & admittedly, stupefyingly ignorant about some things, R160, but I am well-versed in the goings-on of the 1968 election. I was an 11-year devastated RFK supporter that year, & have read a lot over the years about that election. The assertion that some of Gene McCarthy's New Hampshire voters thought they were casting a ballot for, yes, the late Joe McCarthy is informed by that wealth of reading.

by Anonymousreply 164April 6, 2023 11:13 PM

America is now a nation of mostly mindless voters. RFK Jr could get a decent number of votes.

by Anonymousreply 165April 7, 2023 12:12 AM

Steve Bannon can sure pick his chaos agents.

by Anonymousreply 166April 7, 2023 12:21 AM

This is indeed bearking news!

by Anonymousreply 167April 7, 2023 3:00 AM

R163, I wouldn't have argued with "some." I took issue with "a lot."

by Anonymousreply 168April 7, 2023 11:11 AM

R165, Yes, he might. Trump got 74 million, after all.

But Junior is probably more interested in bringing his message to the mainstream.

by Anonymousreply 169April 7, 2023 11:15 AM

R2, You will notice that a Kennedy has already "attain[ed] successfully the US Presidency"? That that reality by definition means there is nothing "delusional" about it

Have you taken note that RFK was slain on the night he won the California Primary, which victory was not a mark of "delusion" in a quest for the Presidency? Do you really not know that Bobby had an excellent chance of defeating Humphrey over Vietnam?

I'll give you 1980 Teddy.

Have you taken note of the Bush family? Would you called those members "obsessed" maybe a tad? (Don't forget Jeb!)

by Anonymousreply 170April 7, 2023 11:29 AM

Holding up…?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171April 7, 2023 11:32 AM

Resemblance?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172April 7, 2023 11:35 AM

R172, His father was the least handsome of the Kennedy brothers.

by Anonymousreply 173April 7, 2023 11:44 AM

I saw him in 1972 when he came to McGovern headquarters to sell drugs to a volunteer. He was obnoxious and arrogant. Then in the late 70s I knew someone who attended UVA law school with him, and who said he was obnoxious and arrogant.

by Anonymousreply 174April 7, 2023 11:48 AM

Something is wrong with him, or else he’s just really really stupid. Kind of a sad legacy for the Kennedys.

by Anonymousreply 175April 7, 2023 12:29 PM

Since he’s into conspiracy theories, I wonder what he thinks about the claim made that his father may have been involved in Marilyn Monroe’s death.

by Anonymousreply 176April 7, 2023 1:09 PM

^like most conspiracy theory types, he probably only believes in the ones that work for him.

I can never figure out if this guy is a total craven opportunist, actually believes his own bullshit or some combination thereof. But I hope the media just rips into him & exposes his life, finances and the kind of person he really is

by Anonymousreply 177April 7, 2023 1:20 PM

I listened to some of him last night because I might have too look for an alternative in 24 because Joe Biden is too into the transgenderism and “LGBTQ”, and he claimed his foreign policy was in line with Tulsi Gabbard, so I pass. I may have nobody in 24.

by Anonymousreply 178April 7, 2023 1:25 PM

RFK Jr likes the gays so he can't be all bad.

by Anonymousreply 179April 7, 2023 1:31 PM

I don’t think so, not in you’re in-line with Tulsi Gabbard, that’s a huge red flag. ^

by Anonymousreply 180April 7, 2023 1:36 PM

R178 is a troll- every bit as big a fruitcake as RFK Jr.

by Anonymousreply 181April 7, 2023 1:40 PM

He seems gay-friendly enough to me:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182April 7, 2023 1:41 PM

R23 Kamala is probably no worse than Joe, but she can not win because voters (Dem voters too) are misogynist bigots. They have not reached the level of Pakistan where Benazir Bhutto was the leader still in 80s.

by Anonymousreply 183April 7, 2023 1:50 PM

RFK, Jr. maintained an extremely close relationship with Lem Billings after his father was assassinated.

Lem bailed him out of numerous incidents after Ethel no longer wanted anymore to do with him.

RFK, Jr. lived with Lem off and on, they partook in drugs together and it has been speculated that their relationship may have been sexual, much like the relationship Lem had with his uncle JFK.

When Lem died, he was very generous to RFK, Jr. in his will.

Caroline, RFK, Jr. and Christopher Lawford with Lem in the photo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184April 7, 2023 1:58 PM

When his wife Mary killed herself, her birth family wanted to bury her in a cemetery close to them.

RFK Jr. refused and insisted she be buried with the Kennedys up in Massachusetts.

Not long afterward, without the required legal permission, RFK Jr. had her body dug up and moved to a different plot.

Nice guy, eh?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185April 7, 2023 2:15 PM

Still no word from Cheryl???

...cunt

by Anonymousreply 186April 7, 2023 2:20 PM

If he becomes a candidate, Kennedy wrote on Twitter, his top priority will be to “end the corrupt merger between state and corporate power."

You stupid queens, what is wrong with that?

Even the global strategist at the one of the leading world banks Société Générale, released a blistering note on the phenomenon that has come to be called Greedflation. Corporations, particularly in developed economies like the U.S. and U.K., have used rising raw material costs amid the pandemic and the war in Ukraine as an “excuse” to raise prices and expand profit margins to new heights. He says he’s never seen anything like the “unprecedented” and “astonishing” levels of corporate Greedflation in this economic cycle.

by Anonymousreply 187April 7, 2023 2:20 PM

The article. This is what is your "left" administration enabling.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188April 7, 2023 2:24 PM

R185 . . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189April 7, 2023 2:42 PM

[quote]Caroline, RFK, Jr. and Christopher Lawford with Lem in the photo.

You can't fool me, r184. I recognize Drew Carey when I see him.

by Anonymousreply 190April 7, 2023 3:31 PM

Are there DLers really so dumb that they'll get behind a moronic anti-vax egomaniac pushed by Steve Bannon, just because he mouths some words about "ending the corrupt merger between state and corporate power"?

Or are the posters buying into this the same ones who disingenuously pushed Tulsi a few years ago?

by Anonymousreply 191April 7, 2023 3:35 PM

Thanks for that link R189.

I had no idea that her shit "husband" had her grave moved sooo far away from the "Kennedy" plot.

That's despicable.

by Anonymousreply 192April 7, 2023 3:35 PM

On a previous Kennedy bashing thread, some poster who at least seemed knowledgeable indicated that he actually moved her body to a newer part of the cemetery where Kennedy also owned plots so that her children could presumably be buried beside her. He's still a gold star asshole, but maybe the cemetery story isn't entirely true

by Anonymousreply 193April 7, 2023 3:49 PM

Caaaahhhhhlllllm d-down ppppppeeeeeple.

Youuuuuuu acccct lllllike Jews in dahhhhh Hhhhhhhhhololololcawwwwwwstt.

by Anonymousreply 194April 7, 2023 3:55 PM

R191 what is this silly conspiracy theory with Steve Bannon

by Anonymousreply 195April 7, 2023 4:14 PM

[quote] Do you really not know that Bobby had an excellent chance of defeating Humphrey over Vietnam?

I loved Bobby Kennedy. He was my role model for getting into public service. I even had two framed pics of him in my office. But Bobby Kennedy was not going to wrest the nomination from Humphrey in '68. The party apparatus was still very much under the tight control of RFK's arch-nemesis, LBJ. Because of this, not even Dick Daley, who played such a central role in JFK's nomination 8 years earlier, was pulling the levers for his candidacy. Bobby's sole hope was running the tables in the then-less significant primaries. Losing in Oregon the week before California was, as he knew, likely the figurative death knell of his candidacy (& his California winning margin was also a disappointment).

by Anonymousreply 196April 7, 2023 5:20 PM

R187 Even a broken clock is correct twice a day?

RFK, Jr. believes and promotes many absolutely crazy ideas. He firmly believes that Bill Gates is putting micro-chips in our blood stream.

"I believe that greed and corporate-state corruption is a problem... and the Great Spaghetti Monster in the sky has come from Planet Zeno to eat the human race and to prepare us for their food stock they are sending microwave signals into the microchips in our sky and you can confirm this be the change in color of our poo!!"

Ya kinda have to look at the whole picture, eh?

by Anonymousreply 197April 7, 2023 5:30 PM

R196 Yep, he won the CA primary "only" 46% to 42%.... and the 42% was to Eugene McCrarthy.

I think there's more than a reasonable argument that the McCarthy/Kennedy base would have consolidated and been very hard to beat in the violent-chaotic '68 convention.

by Anonymousreply 198April 7, 2023 5:37 PM

[quote]But Bobby Kennedy was not going to wrest the nomination from Humphrey in '68.

Interesting. Not having been around then, I truly thought had he made it to and won in Chicago, he would've secured the nomination. Once he did that, there was never a doubt in my mind he would've been elected.

I'm fascinated by this and now feel like I want to do more research on the whole '68 election.

Thank you for this,

by Anonymousreply 199April 7, 2023 5:44 PM

[quote] I think there's more than a reasonable argument that the McCarthy/Kennedy base would have consolidated

McCarthy & RFK hated each other, so I find it unlikely that McCarthy would've led an effort to consolidate efforts. And you overestimate the importance of primaries that year. HHH didn't enter a single primary, yet won the nomination.

by Anonymousreply 200April 7, 2023 5:49 PM

R200 But your argument that RFK was moribund BECAUSE of his showing in the primaries. Which was it?

Yes, in 1968, there was such disruption (a sitting President forced out, assassinations, riots and civil unrest, the world in "youth revolution" - Paris '68) that things were in flux. Competing democratic delegations from some states. Thousands of protestors in the streets in Chicago. It was volatile time and neither you nor I know what might have happened if RFK had lived.

McCarthy and RFK were not friends. Their supports were. I was "clean for Gene" and was a baby hippie that would have been very happy for RFK to win the nomination.

by Anonymousreply 201April 7, 2023 6:02 PM

[quote] [R200] But your argument that RFK was moribund BECAUSE of his showing in the primaries. Which was it?

It was RFK's strategy to run the table in the primaries in the hope that the party bosses who then existed would see him as inevitable. His theory of the case. That strategy took a major, if not, fatal, hit when he lost Oregon. No contradiction on my part.

by Anonymousreply 202April 7, 2023 6:08 PM

R202 I guess we're hi-jacking this thread. But the Oregon McCarthy delegates would have been much happier with RFK than Humphrey. It was all coming down to a brokered convention. The convention was scheduled in late August, to "coronate" LBJ on his birthday, lots of time for arm twisting and forcing allegiances. Much more in RFK's wheelhouse than the patrician, poetic, distant Gene. Possible outcomes were changed by RFK's death.

by Anonymousreply 203April 7, 2023 6:15 PM

R200, RFK entering the 1968 race for POTUS only AFTER LBJ said he would not run was looked upon as a pussy move by many.

Eugene McCarthy had the balls to enter the race while everyone believed LBJ would run for reelection and the youth of this country admired his courage.

I recall TIME Magazine printing a list of celebrities and who they were backing. They mistakenly printed that Streisand was backing RFK. She wrote TIME an angry letter, which they printed, stating she was for McCarthy.

by Anonymousreply 204April 7, 2023 6:19 PM

Of course, no one can be 100% certain what would have happened had Bobby not been assassinated. But the lock LBJ had on that party is pretty evident by the fact that Hubert Humphrey, his hand-picked candidate, won without entering a single primary.

by Anonymousreply 205April 7, 2023 6:22 PM

R204, your history is wrong. Bobby entered the race on March 17, after Gene McCarthy’s strong (not winning) showing in NH, but 2 weeks before LBJ announced he would not run.

by Anonymousreply 206April 7, 2023 6:25 PM

R193, looking at the location of Mary's grave at R189, I find it very hard to believe that the second plot, at the farthest point in the cemetery from where the Kennedy family is buried, close to the road and entrance, is the best place Mary could have been laid to rest. Or that the Kennedys, of all people, would have settled for that section of land for another plot for their burials.

by Anonymousreply 207April 7, 2023 6:35 PM

In 1968 the world was moving at warp speed. Yes, there was a resentment about RFK's waiting after LBJ resignation to get in the race (as a reminder, McCarthy did not beat LBJ in NH, rather he won "only" by 50% to 42%).

There's some evidence/record that RFK had a deal with Gene not to enter the campaign until after NH.

From Jan to Aug the world was changing rapidly, Tet offensive, MLK and RFK's assassinations, a sitting President forced out by protests, riots in the big cities of the world., revolution in the air. Again, we'll never know, but looking at 68 from inside 68 anything felt possible.

by Anonymousreply 208April 7, 2023 6:38 PM

[quote]Yes, there was a resentment about RFK's waiting after LBJ resignation to get in the race

Again, RFK got into the race on March 16, 1968; LBJ announced he would not run on March 31, 1968.

WTF?

by Anonymousreply 209April 7, 2023 6:43 PM

No, R208, the resentment towards RFK was not that he waited to jump in after LBJ exited (he got in before), but that he announced only after McCarthy’s strong showing in NH.

by Anonymousreply 210April 7, 2023 6:43 PM

R210 Because there was an "agreement" to do that. One could argue (and I do) that McCarthy's 40% showing in New Hampshire began Johnson's diminishment and exit, but RFK's entrance sealed the deal, pushed LBJ over the edge.

Again, I was a 17 year old "wannabe hippy" (I'd gone to Haight-Ashbury the previous summer) and I "went clean for Gene", canvassed for him in the wayward communities of the San Gabriel Valley, but when RFK won that night... I thought that things would shift to him. I remember going to bed thinking that and my mother waking me up after midnight to watch the chaos at the Ambassador Hotel.

Of course he was murdered. Of course the whole structure of society was on the brink of falling apart. Revolution was, absurdly, a real possibility. Both Gene and RFK was just next steps in the bigger movement.

Ah, youth.

by Anonymousreply 211April 7, 2023 6:53 PM

“Agreement” between whom, R211? Certainly not between McCarthy & RFK.

by Anonymousreply 212April 7, 2023 6:57 PM

R212 Yes, look up/read "The Last Campaign" by Thurston Clark (New York: Holt, 2008).

RFK told McCarthy of his intention to enter before the NH primary - McCarthy apparently asked him at least to wait until after the primary.

by Anonymousreply 213April 7, 2023 7:04 PM

R213, RFK also pleaded with Jackie to hold off marrying Onassis, fearing it would lose him votes in the primaries.

She agreed, but once he was murdered in June, she proceeded with her plans and married Onassis in October.

by Anonymousreply 214April 7, 2023 7:12 PM

I did read that book, R212. I’ll have to pick it up again, as I don’t recall that exchange. There was quite a division among Bobby’s advisors about getting in. His younger aides from the Senate were gung-ho, while the older hands from the ‘60 campaign & the JFK presidency were mostly opposed. Teddy was in the latter group. Bobby did not want to be deemed responsible for tearing the party apart. After NH, it was clear to all that the party was already bitterly divided.

by Anonymousreply 215April 7, 2023 7:14 PM

R213, I have no idea who Thurston Clark is, but I find it hard to believe that a “deal” was made between McCarthy and RFK.

That would be a huge middle finger by McCarthy to his supporters and I cannot see him doing that.

Plus, there was no love lost between Gene and Bobby.

Why would McCarthy agree to such a “deal”, realizing it would most likely end his candidacy?

by Anonymousreply 216April 7, 2023 7:18 PM

“Bobby did not want to be deemed responsible for tearing the party apart.”

Which Teddy did in 1980 when he opposed Carter.

by Anonymousreply 217April 7, 2023 7:19 PM

Hmmm, R217, in the summer preceding his Nov. 1979 announcement, Teddy had almost double the support of Carter in the polls. The Iranian hostage situation & Teddy’s deficiencies as a candidate quickly changed that.

by Anonymousreply 218April 7, 2023 7:41 PM

R218, And a little thing called Chappaquiddick.

by Anonymousreply 219April 7, 2023 7:49 PM

Not so sure Chappaquiddick was that big a factor, R219. If it was, he wouldn’t have enjoyed such sky high support among Democrats in the long run-up to his announcement. A degree of support he had among them throughout the ‘70s, for that matter. That’s not to say it wouldn’t have crippled him in a general election.

by Anonymousreply 220April 7, 2023 7:55 PM

BREAKING

I really couldn’t give a shit if I tried.

by Anonymousreply 221April 7, 2023 7:59 PM

R195, it's in R162's link to Salon, usually a reputable source. But just in case it's untrue or at least exaggerated, let me rephrase my question:

Are there DLers really so dumb that they'll get behind a moronic anti-vax egomaniac, just because he mouths some words about "ending the corrupt merger between state and corporate power"?

by Anonymousreply 222April 7, 2023 8:11 PM

Here is my opinion

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223April 7, 2023 8:34 PM

🙈 Stephen Smith ?

Lord, have mercy, that is one face that I would not want to feel up after a few Bud Lights.

by Anonymousreply 224April 7, 2023 9:31 PM

[quote]Which Teddy did in 1980 when he opposed Carter.

This could happen in 24 is Kennedy appeals to the hard left, and with Biden’s obsession with “transgenderism” and “LGBTQ” propaganda, he will alienate Centrists. Trump could win in 24.

by Anonymousreply 225April 7, 2023 9:44 PM

If his name was Robert Francis his candidacy would be a joke.

by Anonymousreply 226April 7, 2023 10:29 PM

R168, it is a lot. Read the stories. All those people married to Qanons that are getting divorced, married rational people. A lot of them Democrats or Bernie supporters. It’s like a switch got flipped somehow. Democrats aren’t married to Qanons because they were Qanons before they got married. They’re divorcing because a formerly sane person lost their marbles.

This is probably what happened to Kennedy. As far as I can tell, a lot of these people may be intelligent or well educated, but what they all have in common is that they were trained from birth to be blindly obedient to something. Sometimes it’s a religious belief, sometimes it’s a political party, sometimes they had parents who ran over them roughshod.

These people are programmed to believe whatever their tribe says, then they change to the Qanon tribe. For some people, it seems like they’ve just gone from A to Z, but really they’ve just exchanged one cult for another.

by Anonymousreply 227April 8, 2023 1:10 AM

RFK, Jr. is being vastly underestimated on this board.

by Anonymousreply 228April 10, 2023 4:35 PM

RFK Jr will attract the AOC and Warren crowd indeed.

by Anonymousreply 229April 10, 2023 4:41 PM

@R23 I’m with you on not going to be able to vote for Biden.

If he runs again? He better find a new, more promising VP because most sane voters realize that they’re going to more than likely be working with that VP in the Big Spot as Biden’s age advances (if it advances) and his mental clarity is …known to have its’ moments.

Ditch Kamala is my advice.

by Anonymousreply 230April 10, 2023 4:48 PM

R230, The convenient leak of a Kamala Harris/Willie Brown sex tape would do the trick.

And you just know there’s at least one out there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 231April 10, 2023 4:54 PM

To R30, Did it have a face transplant...What is that!! Seriously, is it a monster?

That cannot be real...or Human!!

by Anonymousreply 232April 10, 2023 4:58 PM

“ I hope this destroys his wife's acting "career”.”

Is it still alive?

If so, thriving?

I don’t ever hear her name except in conjunction with his…or with Larry David’s.

by Anonymousreply 233April 10, 2023 5:00 PM

[quote]known to have its’ moments.

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 234April 10, 2023 7:48 PM

To me, anti vaxxers have dubious judgement.

by Anonymousreply 235April 11, 2023 2:36 AM

I’m not sure if you’re hard left^, but if you, you will be won over very soon.

by Anonymousreply 236April 11, 2023 2:41 AM

*are

by Anonymousreply 237April 11, 2023 2:41 AM

RFK Jr. is clearly a DINO. Secretly working for the Repubs. Plus, he has some sort of mental disorder. Maybe a sociopath or antisocial personality disorder? In any case he's a total douchebag who rides on the coattails of his famous last name. He belongs with the Trump gang. He's only running for President because he doesn't want a Democrat to win. Total Judas. In short, he's nuts.

by Anonymousreply 238April 11, 2023 3:16 AM

QAnon couldn’t produce the real deal, JFK, Jr., so they had to settle for this clown.

by Anonymousreply 239April 11, 2023 3:39 AM

He has as much chance as winning the Democratic nomination as does Ronald Prescott Reagan taking over the GOP.

by Anonymousreply 240April 11, 2023 3:41 AM

R240, That would be Ronald Prescott Reagan, devout atheist.

by Anonymousreply 241April 11, 2023 3:57 AM

My point exactly, R241.

by Anonymousreply 242April 11, 2023 4:00 AM

R187, 'Tis an admirable goal.

Utterly unattainable, but admirable.

The forces RFK, Jr, would be fighting have exercised their power against previous opponents. J/S.

by Anonymousreply 243April 11, 2023 5:30 AM

No, r227, I don't buy it, even though you added "Read the stories." People often lie, and Republicans love to lie particularly about how "I used to be a Democrat, but," of which your alleged anecdotal "evidence" of Democrats' going to the Dark QAnon side is but a variation. Welcome to the Internet.

Moreover, you sound a bit around the bend yourself with your bordering on "Manchurian Candidate" notions of people "trained from birth to be blindly obedient."

by Anonymousreply 244April 11, 2023 5:41 AM

Girlies, I se that you are mo worse than QAnon in inventing conspiracy theories: he works for Republicans, Russians, Iranians. Because who was inquiring Bill Gates influence on WHO, you invented that he was afraid that Gates would put microchips inside people etc etc.

Btw. there was a joke here on Balkans re Gates divorce and microchips, you would ask a friend who got RNA vaccine who would they belong to after the divorce, Bill or Melinda?

by Anonymousreply 245April 11, 2023 7:10 AM

Could someone please decipher R245 or go check on him?

by Anonymousreply 246April 11, 2023 7:32 AM

No suprise, he's adopted Trump's foreign policy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247April 11, 2023 12:19 PM

With his just-declared bid for the US presidency, Robert F. Kennedy Jr. sees himself at the forefront of “a new revolution to resurrect American democracy” — but the anti-vaccination crusader will likely have his work cut out for him in convincing Democrats and even members of his own family to vote for him in 2024. “Most of the Kennedys are disgusted with his attitude,” said Kennedy family biographer Laurence Leamer. “They still care about him, but he’s an embarrassment.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248April 11, 2023 12:23 PM

His father, uncle and cousin would have great Presidents, but not RFK Jr.

by Anonymousreply 249April 12, 2023 12:36 AM

Which cousin?

by Anonymousreply 250April 12, 2023 12:38 AM

R249, Uncle Teddy and Cousin JFK, Jr.?

by Anonymousreply 251April 12, 2023 12:39 AM

An update . . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 252April 13, 2023 1:31 PM

Kennedy is a DINO.

by Anonymousreply 253April 13, 2023 1:34 PM

This is really a new low for that morally corrupt family.

I'd say "poor Ethel" but she's a mean cunt.

by Anonymousreply 254April 13, 2023 1:43 PM

[quote] His father, uncle and cousin would have great Presidents, but not RFK Jr.

The drunk that let a woman drown?

by Anonymousreply 255April 13, 2023 1:57 PM

Junior is quite swole-looking in R252's link.

by Anonymousreply 256April 13, 2023 2:04 PM

In their understandably addled state, QAnonistas must have gotten the wrong dead Kennedy namesake who would be Trump's running mate.

by Anonymousreply 257April 13, 2023 2:10 PM

Trouper that she is, will the other RFK, the 132-year old Rose, be out on the hustings for her grandson?

by Anonymousreply 258April 13, 2023 2:17 PM

Wheeling a comatose Rose, propped up with a big hat and sunglasses, was always a treat.

by Anonymousreply 259April 13, 2023 3:47 PM

His anti-vax stance will be all but forgotten and forgiven by next year.

by Anonymousreply 260April 13, 2023 3:50 PM

His kids supported Warren and Buttigieg, by the way.

by Anonymousreply 261April 13, 2023 3:51 PM

R257 I wouldn’t be surprised if Trump talked him into running with him as VP, then all the “JFK Jr is still alive and a Republican candidate for VP” stuff would miraculously disappear, and Qanons would claim this was The Plan all along.

This guy has obviously swallowed the Qanon stuff whole, he’ll never have a coherent thought again. His family is probably devastated. They need to endorse Biden.

by Anonymousreply 262April 13, 2023 7:26 PM

I'd say he doesn't have a chance but thats what I said about Trump.

by Anonymousreply 263April 13, 2023 7:29 PM

R255, say what you want about Ted Kennedys personal life, the fact is he was a great US Senator for more than 40 years, the people of Mass had enough sense to see that and re-elected him many times! Too bad this country didn't have the same sense in 1980.

by Anonymousreply 264April 13, 2023 9:15 PM

That’s what Trumpists say about Trump^. It’s very cultist.

by Anonymousreply 265April 13, 2023 9:30 PM

[quote] Too bad this country didn't have the same sense in 1980.

I don't think his heart was really into being president. His temperament was much more suited for the Senate, And, freed of any dynastic pressure to be president, he became a great senator.

by Anonymousreply 266April 13, 2023 10:24 PM

Frankly, JFK, RFK, and JFK, Jr., all have a better chance of getting the nomination than their wayward relative antivaxer nutcase.

by Anonymousreply 267April 14, 2023 12:49 AM

You underestimate^.

by Anonymousreply 268April 14, 2023 2:28 AM

[quote] You underestimate^.

I don’t. I’m a realist. Let’s bookmark this and come back in June 2024. RFK, Jr. will be relegated to being a very minor footnote in the history of the 2024 election.

by Anonymousreply 269April 14, 2023 2:59 AM

^ He won’t even merit a footnote.

by Anonymousreply 270April 14, 2023 7:10 AM

Hardly, r260. It is RFK, Jr's cause celebre of which he will undoubtedly speak on the campaign trail. He feels strongly that people should know "the truth" (as he sees it) about vaccines.

by Anonymousreply 271April 14, 2023 3:31 PM

In all probability his anti-vaxxer campaign will coincide with a measles outbreak or the like, caused by mommies' fears that little Jayden will get autism if inoculated.

by Anonymousreply 272April 14, 2023 3:34 PM

R265, Records can speak for themselves. If they speak well of a person, then the noting of that is not anything remotely "cultist."

But no doubt you thought you were making a pithy observation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 273April 14, 2023 3:39 PM

The Kennedys are over. Someone tell them already.

by Anonymousreply 274April 14, 2023 4:53 PM

Ted Kennedys' presidential campaign was as coke/booze fueled as any including tRumps'.

History has proved that

1) Camelot was a made up myth cooked up by Jackie after JFKs' death. 2) JFK had nothing to do with the writing of "Profiles in Courage". It was commissioned by evil Nazi sympathizer and lobotomy enthusiast Joe Kennedy. The whole lot is fruit from that poisonous tree. 3) The Kennedy family is no longer relevant in modern day politics. The current wind farm being built off Hyannisport is proof.

The danger here is Bobby could be a spoiler along the lines of Ralph Nader and Jill Stein.

Running for president, if this goes anywhere, is a risky choice. This one has a closet full of skeletons and will not withstand scrutiny.

by Anonymousreply 275April 14, 2023 7:13 PM

Are you jumping to the conclusion that, like Nader & Stein, he’ll be a third-party candidate, R275? If so, his appeal in the general would be to the extreme, single-issue, anti-vaxxers, a contingent that is fairly equally represented in both parties.

by Anonymousreply 276April 14, 2023 7:28 PM

Ethel just turned 95 this week, so I doubt she would be doing any campaigning with him.

He was never one of her favorite children, son Michael was reportedly her favorite, the one who skied into a tree after years of screwing his kids’ underage babysitter.

Here’s Ethel and Teddy with RFK, Jr. after he appeared in court on drug charges years ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 277April 14, 2023 9:48 PM

R277 - as I said before, God she was such an icon. Even though she's started to age in that pic, her tan, the hair, the dress...perfection.

by Anonymousreply 278April 14, 2023 11:28 PM

We were robbed of 3 potential Kennedy presidencies with the assassination of RFK, Chappaquiddick and JFK Jr's plane crash. All 3 would have been great Presidents!

by Anonymousreply 279April 14, 2023 11:39 PM

Well, now we have a 4th chance, R279. Why not give him the benefit of the doubt? He's the most pro-environment candidate out there right now. Who cares about his antivaxx ideas, they're just a small part of who he is.

by Anonymousreply 280April 15, 2023 12:44 AM

R280, what about the fact that he's a Steve Bannon acolyte do you not understand?

by Anonymousreply 281April 15, 2023 12:52 AM

R30 Is that a person? He gives me Bogdanoff vibes.

by Anonymousreply 282April 15, 2023 1:49 AM

Can someone explain this Camelot mythos?

Are they referencing King Arthur???

by Anonymousreply 283April 15, 2023 1:57 AM

It's actually a reference to the Broadway musical "Camelot," which was playing during JFK's presidency, and it's plaintive song: "Don't let it be forgot / That once there was a spot / For one brief shining moment that was known / As Camelot."

by Anonymousreply 284April 15, 2023 3:19 AM

*It's*

(Time for bed.)

by Anonymousreply 285April 15, 2023 3:19 AM

I mean *its*.

(Definitely time for bed.)

by Anonymousreply 286April 15, 2023 3:20 AM

To get the "Camelot" reference you must go back to an interview conducted by Theodore H White with Jackie Kennedy shortly after JFK was killed.

She told White that they used to listed to the LP of the original cast Broadway show album for Camelot and Jackie brought up the reference to JFK's administration.

I think it was published in Look Magazine. (Or possibly Life Magazine.) Somewhere I think I still have a copy of the magazine.

Looking back now, through older and wiser eyes, I think there is a very good chance that Jackie, most likely still numb from the events surrounding the assassination, was using this story to create an iconic picture of Kennedy's term of office.

Given what we now know about her husband extracurricular activities, it seems less likely that the pair of them spent their evenings listening to records.

It wouldn't surprise me if she made the whole thing up.

And, probably rued the day she did since that label stuck and she had to keep hearing that reference for the rest of her life.

Anyway, that's where the whole "Camelot" thing came from.

You can probably find the White interview online somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 287April 15, 2023 3:48 AM

^ When she gave that interview - in the immediate aftermath of Dallas - Jackie so feared that her husband’s short-lived presidency would be as forgotten as so many of the 19th century presidents. The Camelot allusion was her effort to counter that fear, to add luster to the abbreviated administration. As she succeeded in doing so during her lifetime, I doubt she had any regrets.

by Anonymousreply 288April 15, 2023 3:55 AM

Whether she regretted it or not, I doubt anyone ever asked her. And if she did, she would never have admitted it.

I still think there is a good chance that she fabricated the whole thing to, as R288 says "add luster to the abbreviated administration".

JFK was not a very good President. Not worthy of the "iconic" picture that was created and lasted for quite a while, but that administration can now be viewed through more rational eyes..

I can still have sympathy for her at the time of the interview as besides the shock of the assassination, she had also given birth and subsequently lost their infant son in August of 1963 so she must have been reeling from the blows and the aftermath and fiercely protective for her children.

by Anonymousreply 289April 15, 2023 4:05 AM

I don’t think JFK gets enough credit for being the first president to make civil rights a moral cause. Especially since he would not have been elected president without the support of so many segregated states. Try to imagine a latter day president so decisively turning against a key component of his party’s base.

by Anonymousreply 290April 15, 2023 4:11 AM

R277 Michael was likely her favorite because he looked just like his father with darker hair.

by Anonymousreply 291April 15, 2023 6:10 AM

There are a fuckton of silent antivaxxers out there who agree with the acceptable stance in public but would vote for him in a second.

by Anonymousreply 292April 15, 2023 7:35 AM

If that was such a salient issue, R292, republicans would have fared much better in ‘22. And the potency of that issue will only lessen with each successive electoral cycle.

by Anonymousreply 293April 15, 2023 8:51 AM

To show how times have changed, Nelson Rockefeller’s quest to be President in 1964 was thwarted by the fact that he had been divorced.

by Anonymousreply 294April 15, 2023 10:01 AM

Howard Dean's quest to be president was torpedoed by a weird noise he made at a rally in 2004. That was just twenty years ago. Look how quickly the bar has fallen.

by Anonymousreply 295April 15, 2023 10:52 AM

It's a shame Ahnuld can't run. He's the only 'Kennedy' I'd vote for at this point, and I am sure he'd do well if he was eligible.

RFK, Jr.'s just fucking crazy. He's going nowhere.

by Anonymousreply 296April 15, 2023 12:10 PM

[quote] There are a fuckton of silent antivaxxers out there who agree with the acceptable stance in public but would vote for him in a second.

An issue that people don’t want to talk about or admit to agreeing with? Perhaps that could work if he already had overwhelming support, but he doesn’t. And alone, that’s hardly enough to propel him very far. Plus, there are plenty of people who believe that he’s a nutjob and would never support him under any circumstances.

by Anonymousreply 297April 15, 2023 4:30 PM

R275, "Camelot was a made up myth...." NS, S! In the 13th C and the 20th! It was a name the newly-widowed Jackie (Cut her some slack. Very few humans have shared her experience of having A SPOUSE'S BRAINS SPLATTERED ON ONE'S SELF) wanted in order to conjure up a time of heroism and hope and ideals, which is the function of myths and why every society has/had them. At least it's more reasonable (JFK was a bona fide war hero) than "Reagan ended Communism." It is no secret that JFK, WW II veteran, was, as is said, a Cold Warrior.

Anybody paying attention knows that both Patriarch Joe Kennedy and Patriarch Prescott Bush were, with the vaunted Charles Lindbergh, sympathetic to, or at least willing to make a war-profiteering buck off of, Nazis. It is why Joe Sr. was recalled from his Ambassadorship in London by FDR. I'm willing to bet Joe changed his opinion of the Nazis after Airman Joe Jr. perished on a mission.

"Profiles in Courage" is now known to have been written by Kennedy Ghostwriter Extraordinaire Theodore Sorensen. So no, JFK did not truly deserve the Pulitzer Prize. But in this, the Era of Trump’s Treason, such book shenanigans seem almost quaint.

Finally, families aren't nominated; families aren't elected. Same with nostalgia. An individual is nominated for election. So either the INDIVIDUAL is "relevant," or he is not. I hope RFK, Jr's stance on vaccines puts him in the latter category.

by Anonymousreply 298April 15, 2023 8:43 PM

R292, Those alleged "anti-vaxxers" are probably not Democrats and thus wouldn't vote no matter what for RFK, Jr, were he to run as a Democrat.

by Anonymousreply 299April 15, 2023 8:48 PM

Oh, Jesus! What a clown.

by Anonymousreply 300April 15, 2023 10:15 PM

[quote] Those alleged "anti-vaxxers" are probably not Democrats and thus wouldn't vote no matter what for RFK, Jr, were he to run as a Democrat.

Long before Covid, the greatest incidence of anti-vaxxers could be found in the very liberal hamlets of Cambridge & Berkeley.

by Anonymousreply 301April 15, 2023 10:35 PM

Sure, R301, but are there enough of them to swing MA and CA?

by Anonymousreply 302April 15, 2023 11:59 PM

[quote]she fabricated the whole thing to,

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 303April 16, 2023 4:48 PM

His cuntress wife introduced him for a speech.

Looks like her ugly horse face 🐴 mug is all in.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 304April 19, 2023 6:32 PM

The party base for Kennedy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 305April 21, 2023 4:19 AM

He needs Betty Bacall in his corner.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 306April 21, 2023 9:20 AM

R279 = Robert Kennedy

by Anonymousreply 307April 21, 2023 1:14 PM

[quote] He's the most pro-environment candidate

So he’s a member of two cults. No one wants Greta Thunberg for president.

by Anonymousreply 308April 21, 2023 1:18 PM

The long knives come out for RFK Jr.: Actor Billy Baldwin knows new wanna be presidential candidate Robert Kennedy Jr. well. Very well. He writes on Twitter, showing a photo of Kennedy’s dead second wife, Mary Richardson:

“This is Mary Richardson Kennedy. Robert Kennedy’s 2nd wife and mother to four of his six children. She was an incredible woman. A wonderful mother, wife and activist. Sadly she is no longer with us.

She cried on my shoulder about Bobby numerous times at their former home on Bedford Road, my former home on Chestnut Ridge Road, at the Canaan Ridge School and the Saw Mill Club.

If Bobby were half a man she would still be alive today. It will all come out. His campaign will be over in weeks. If these walls could talk.”

The long knives are coming for RFK Jr, a well known philanderer with a drug past and a wife dead from suicide. The New York Post has a great story about a Kennedy diary from 2001 in which he ranked his sex partners. USA Today is running a piece from the Gannett paper in Westchester County New York about the suicide. People Magazine and the Daily Mail are running pieces today, too.

Kennedy’s sister, Kerry Kennedy, has expressed that her family will not backing her brother. She issued a statement on April 6th: “I love my brother Bobby, but I do not share or endorse his opinions on many issues, including the COVID pandemic, vaccinations, and the role of social media platforms in policing false information. It is also important to note that Bobby’s views are not reflected in or influence the mission or work of our organization.”

Kennedy has unleashed the wrath of people who know him here in New York going back 30 years. It will not stop. Why he thought he could get past this is beyond me. It’s only a matter of time before some of the women start talking. One of them is a TV star who could do him a lot of damage. This would be a good time to withdraw from this path loaded with landmines.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 309April 21, 2023 1:19 PM

I hope this destroys his cunt-wife's career.

by Anonymousreply 310April 21, 2023 2:05 PM

The book RFK, Jr. does not want you to read.

I have read it, it’s brutal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 311April 21, 2023 2:12 PM

R311, give us details.

by Anonymousreply 312April 21, 2023 3:25 PM

In his circle of friends, he was known as a 'binger' who could go on and off alcohol, cocaine, pills, or heroin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 313April 21, 2023 3:28 PM

Wow. Seems like his past will cause Bobby Jr to rue the day! And why run? Joey B. is getting things done as President*!

He won't win one Primary. Not one Democrat will vote for him (RFK, Jr is not his father, nor is he Uncle Ted, who, for all his misguided challenge to Jimmy Carter, still was a bone fide Democrat).

*The intended revision of pro-women/girls Title IX is a most unfortunate exception to my praise.

by Anonymousreply 314April 21, 2023 5:07 PM

Bannon convinced him to run.

by Anonymousreply 315April 21, 2023 5:15 PM

I wonder what Larry David makes of this? Online calls for HBO to scrap the new episodes of CYE.

by Anonymousreply 316April 21, 2023 5:36 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 317April 21, 2023 5:40 PM

R245 Are you taking your antipsychotics for schizophrenia?

by Anonymousreply 318April 21, 2023 6:09 PM

Time to re-evaluate my probation.

by Anonymousreply 319April 21, 2023 7:24 PM

[quote]The long knives are coming for RFK Jr

Good luck to him!

by Anonymousreply 320April 21, 2023 7:26 PM

[Quote] Just his voice alone disqualifies him.

Not familiar with how he talks R12 but how does he walk?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 321April 21, 2023 7:33 PM

[Quote] Can you imagine that voice in a debate or State Of The Union"

Actually, considering the current leader of the free world, I can R17

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 322April 21, 2023 8:13 PM

The hysterical reaction to Kennedy indicates the power brokers see him as a genuine threat to their easily controlled puppet. Howard Dean was neutralized by fronting Wesley Clark to take away his spotlight, but this time they seem out for fast blood.

by Anonymousreply 323April 22, 2023 8:40 AM

Where do you see hysteria, R323, as opposed to reasonable doubt that this conspiracy-peddler brings anything but trollery to the political scene? He has nothing substantial in common with Howard Dean or even Ralph Nader.

by Anonymousreply 324April 22, 2023 10:58 AM

R321, r322, and r323? Take your own anti-Biden hysteria and SIUYRWA.

by Anonymousreply 325April 22, 2023 3:46 PM

RFK, Jr. cheated flagrantly on his first two wives and I'll bet he has not been faithful to Cheryl Hines.

by Anonymousreply 326April 22, 2023 3:59 PM

A Kennedy running for president always ends so happily.

by Anonymousreply 327April 22, 2023 4:03 PM

R325=angry basement dwelling Incel with a limited purview. The stench of crotch rot in his mother's basement has gotten to him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 328April 22, 2023 4:52 PM

PS R325 Mothers' Day is approaching. Sweet Fish would make a lovely gift for your mom.

by Anonymousreply 329April 22, 2023 4:59 PM

Nicolas Carpathia for President!

by Anonymousreply 330April 30, 2023 10:52 PM

Nicolae, that is.

by Anonymousreply 331April 30, 2023 10:53 PM

Is he also a drunk?

by Anonymousreply 332April 30, 2023 11:12 PM

[quote] "RFK's children have an over abundance of Skakel genes in them."

Jokes aside: "Skakel" always struck me as incredibly trashy.

by Anonymousreply 333April 30, 2023 11:20 PM

It's a combination of "skater" and "yokel." What's trashy about that?

by Anonymousreply 334April 30, 2023 11:26 PM

Not only does he believe in the innocence of Sirhan, but that of his Skakel cousin.

by Anonymousreply 335May 1, 2023 12:17 AM

R335, Has he weighed in on this new theory that Mark David Chapman did not kill John Lennon?

by Anonymousreply 336May 1, 2023 1:25 AM

[quote]No Dem will support an anti-vaxxer. Bye, bitch

Which is a fairly brand new, and hilarious, development.

From the below linked article (2017):

[quote]So a question arises: Who is more likely to be opposed to vaccination, liberals or conservatives? As a sociologist who studies infectious disease, I took a look at this. The answer seems to depend on what question you ask.

[quote]Because the outbreak started in the wealthy, liberal enclave of Marin County, California, and because some of the best-known “anti-vaxxers” are Hollywood actors, some right-leaning media outlets connected opposition to vaccination to liberals and related it to other “anti-science” beliefs like fear of GMOs, use of alternative medicine, and even astrology. Other writers have opposed such a caricature and have argued that opposition to vaccination is actually either bipartisan or a specifically conservative problem. Academic research on the topic is also conflicted.

[quote]As to whether liberals or conservatives are now more likely to be opposed to vaccination, some researchers have suggested that, while anti-vaccination beliefs have spread to libertarians on the right, the anti-vaccination movement originates and finds its strongest support in the political left. A later article by the same researchers similarly argues that Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) evidence shows that states that voted for Obama in 2012 have higher rates of nonmedical vaccination exemptions.

The vaccine issue has always been a political mixed bag before Trump and COVID polarized the fuck out of this country.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 337May 1, 2023 1:44 AM

Bobby Jr is all over the board, conspiracies-wise.

There is credible evidence that, if not innocent, at least Sirhan Surhan did not act alone, given the number of shots and where the bullets struck.

However, Michael Skakel's guilt is much easier to accept, based on the State's case.

As for MDC and John Lennon, there really is no doubt, unless one is arguing a "Manchurian Candidate" MK-ULTRA-type programming.

by Anonymousreply 338May 5, 2023 6:54 PM

R289, He de-militarized Cuba. Good enough.

by Anonymousreply 339May 5, 2023 6:58 PM

[quote] There is credible evidence that, if not innocent, at least Sirhan Surhan did not act alone, given the number of shots and where the bullets struck.

Sirhan was shooting at RFK from the front but the killshot hit behind his ear. I agree Sirhan did not kill Kennedy but not for lack of trying and remains primarily responsible for an accidental killing by Kennedy's LAPD detective bodyguard carrying the same caliber gun as Sirhan . An accident in the confusion of the moment, not a conspiracy.

by Anonymousreply 340May 5, 2023 7:19 PM

[quote]The hysterical reaction to Kennedy indicates the power brokers see him as a genuine threat to their easily controlled puppet.

oh honey

by Anonymousreply 341May 5, 2023 8:09 PM

Robert Kennedy Jr. blames CIA for JFK assassination, fueling controversial claim

Democratic White House contender Robert Kennedy Jr. blames the CIA for the Nov. 22, 1963, assassination of his uncle, President John F. Kennedy — proclaiming it “beyond a reasonable doubt.”

Kennedy made the bombshell accusation about a murder that’s spun many conspiracy theories during an interview Sunday with John Catsimatidis on WABC 770 AM’s “Cats Roundtable.”

“There is overwhelming evidence that the CIA was involved in his murder. I think it’s beyond a reasonable doubt at this point,” Kennedy said of JFK’s assassination in a motorcade in Dallas, Texas.

“The evidence is overwhelming that the CIA was involved in the murder, and in the cover-up.”

Kennedy Jr. cited James Douglas book, “JFK and the Unspeakable” as compiling the most evidence on the topic — and labeled denials of the CIA’s role as a “60 year coverup.”

The US government’s official investigation, The Warren Commission Report, concluded Lee Harvey Oswald acted as a lone wolf in the fatal shooting, and that there was no credible evidence he was part of a conspiracy to assassinate the 35th president. The report was released Sept. 24, 1964.

The Central Intelligence Agency’s own website references an article calling claims of the spy agency’s role in JFK’s murder a “lie.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 342May 7, 2023 11:19 PM

Like so many sons of political greats, an utter crackpot.

by Anonymousreply 343May 7, 2023 11:31 PM

[Quote] [R321], [R322], and [R323]? Take your own anti-Biden hysteria and SIUYRWA.

There was not a bit of sugarcoating, Sunday, from ABC News anchor George Stephanopoulos on a brand new poll from ABC and the Washington Post.

“This poll is just brutal for President Biden!” Stephanopoulos said.

R325 Bless your heart!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 344May 7, 2023 11:48 PM

Already polling 14 percent.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 345May 9, 2023 1:33 AM

If anyone working on Curb Your Enthusiasm is reading this: write Cheryl Hines out by saying that she refused to get vaccinated and died of COVID.

by Anonymousreply 346May 9, 2023 2:28 AM

R345, do you really think an anti-vaxxer has much room to grow in today’s Democratic Party?

by Anonymousreply 347May 9, 2023 2:34 AM

Republicans are really promoting his candidacy.

by Anonymousreply 348May 9, 2023 8:21 AM

What an embarrassing loser. He won’t take one vote from Biden.

by Anonymousreply 349May 9, 2023 9:27 AM

He will attract the extreme ends of the political spectrum, far leftist, the people who voted for Jill Stein and far right loons. He may actually siphon voters away from Trump.

by Anonymousreply 350May 9, 2023 12:16 PM

R350, please look into the sore loser laws many states have.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 351May 9, 2023 2:25 PM

From your link, R351:

[quote] Richard Winger, a ballot researcher, is of the opinion that in most states these laws do not apply to presidential candidates.

[quote] Opponents have argued that sore loser laws constitute a violation of the Constitution, and have launched court challenges on those grounds.

by Anonymousreply 352May 9, 2023 7:30 PM

^ From the Harvard Journal of Law & Public Policy, a different conclusion.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 353May 9, 2023 7:57 PM

Unless deeper legal perils, which may seriously happen, derail him, or a major downturn in his health occurs, Trump will get the GOP nomination. Over a third of the party's base are behind him and they won't consider anyone else as long as Trump is in the race. That MAGA cult is formidable within the GOP.

by Anonymousreply 354May 9, 2023 8:09 PM

Good news for Bobby! He might have Biden all to himself. Biden must be shaking in his boots.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 355May 23, 2023 1:46 AM

Republicans are so thirsty for RFK, Jr.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 356May 28, 2023 2:23 PM

So, R356, some rightist chode at The Hill is claiming that the second Biden drops out (if he ever does) Democrats would flock to RFK Jr. rather than to the several other, higher-profile candidates who would inevitably declare their candidacies—and that this is, in fact, likely to happen.

How did we let the for-profit media curse us with these fantasists posing as political commentators? It's like at some point during the 90s all the grownups got out of political punditry and left the field to the rat-fuckers and dimwits.

by Anonymousreply 357May 28, 2023 3:03 PM

[quote] How did we let the for-profit media curse us with these fantasists posing as political commentators?

Is puzzlement.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 358May 28, 2023 3:13 PM

Is he still in the race?

by Anonymousreply 359May 28, 2023 3:48 PM

I force myself to watch at least some of Fox News programming & it’s something to see how much they talk up the candidacy of someone with so little relative support.

by Anonymousreply 360May 29, 2023 2:27 AM

^ And I don’t mean merely the (lack) of support of his relatives.

by Anonymousreply 361May 29, 2023 11:28 AM

[quote] I force myself to watch at least some of Fox News programming & it’s something to see how much they talk up the candidacy of someone with so little relative support.

It’s because they’re desperate for a spoiler

by Anonymousreply 362May 29, 2023 11:34 AM

Nowadays it seems anyone with a pulse is electable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 363June 12, 2023 4:36 AM

𝐎𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐦𝐚𝐣𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐨𝐟 𝐃𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐜𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐜 𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐲 𝐯𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐬𝐚𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐞𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐛𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐏𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐉𝐨𝐞 𝐁𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐟𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰 𝐃𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐜𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐜 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐬

The vast majority of Democratic primary voters say they would like to see President Joe Biden debate fellow Democratic candidates gunning for the presidency during the 2024 election campaign.

A 𝑼𝑺𝑨 𝑻𝒐𝒅𝒂𝒚/𝑺𝒖𝒇𝒇𝒐𝒍𝒌 𝑼𝒏𝒊𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒔𝒊𝒕𝒚 𝒑𝒐𝒍𝒍, suggests 80 percent of Democrats wish to see Biden take on challenger Robert F. Kennedy Jr. in a series of debates.

Even 72 percent of Biden supporters appeared to be in favor of the idea.

The possibility such a debate will actually take place is slim-to-none with Biden showing no interest in taking part as he calculates he has little to gain from such an encounter.

The Democratic National Committee (DNC) has also stated that it will not sponsor any debates.

'The decision not to debate is ignoring the 82% of women, 84% of union households, 86% of independents, and 90% of young voters who are not only planning to vote in their state's Democratic primary or caucus next year but also would like to see a series of Democratic primary debates,' said David Paleologos, director of Suffolk's Political Research Center who carried out the poll.

The feverish anticipation for a face-off is evident on social media. One user said it 'would be comedy gold,' given Biden's unconventional opponents. Others bashed a selection process that was 'rigged' and 'anti-democratic.'

While Biden's nomination has not faced significant threats, the poll highlights the importance of consolidating and energizing the Democratic base.

by Anonymousreply 364June 12, 2023 4:59 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!