Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

DL Fave and Iconic Performer Frankie Grande has a New Horror Movie!

Has DL bought tix??

A host of theatre actors are featured in the new LGBTQ horror comedy Summoning Sylvia, which will be released by The Horror Collective in movie theatres nationwide March 31. Watch the trailer above.

Written and directed by Wesley Taylor (Smash) and Alex Wyse (Good Night, Oscar), the film will also be available on cable via VOD and Digital HD starting April 7.

The cast includes Travis Coles (Superstore), Michael Urie (Torch Song, Ugly Betty), Frankie Grande (Henry Danger, Titanique), Nicholas Logan (I Care a Lot), Troy Iwata (Be More Chill, Dash & Lily), Noah J. Ricketts (Frozen, American Gods), Sean Grandillo (Spring Awakening, Scream: The TV Series), Camden Garcia (Station 19), and Veanne Cox (Caroline, or Change; You’ve Got Mail) as the titular specter.

The hair-raising romp tells the story of a gay bachelor party that takes a spooky turn when sinister spirits are suddenly summoned.

In Manhattan, Summoning Sylvia will play the Regal Union Square at 850 Broadway starting March 31; Los Angeles audiences can see the film beginning March 31 in Glendale at the Laemmle Glendale.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36May 12, 2023 10:25 AM

Thank u, next.

by Anonymousreply 1March 31, 2023 5:32 PM

Frankie is a Scream Queen!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2March 31, 2023 5:34 PM

Pass.

by Anonymousreply 3March 31, 2023 6:23 PM

Say what you will but she has a perky, tight lil ass and a surprisingly big ol' floppy Eye-talian dong (Don't believe me? Look up "Frankie Grande twerk gif" on Google) Hope she shows peen in this...

by Anonymousreply 4March 31, 2023 6:27 PM

[quote]Frankie Grande

TERRIFYING.

by Anonymousreply 5March 31, 2023 6:30 PM

[Quote] Look up "Frankie Grande twerk gif" on Google)

Let's not and say we did.

by Anonymousreply 6April 1, 2023 5:28 AM

Well, it won't be shown in Florida!

by Anonymousreply 7April 1, 2023 2:56 PM

[quote]DL Fave and Iconic Performer Frankie Grande has a New Horror Movie!

"Has" or "IS"?

by Anonymousreply 8April 1, 2023 6:14 PM

In 45 years he’ll have an Oscar!!

by Anonymousreply 9April 1, 2023 7:11 PM

Will he have stolen it from the house of whatever celebrity he's working for as a personal assistant?

by Anonymousreply 10April 2, 2023 3:18 AM

Ho hum, just another movie in which the gay men are all mincing queens.

by Anonymousreply 11April 2, 2023 3:52 AM

I'm just pleasantly surprised he's still a guy and not, well, you know.

by Anonymousreply 12April 2, 2023 4:20 AM

Homely fag.

by Anonymousreply 13April 2, 2023 5:39 AM

I'm still amazed that he managed to get two hot guys on Big Brother to do sexual stuff with him.

by Anonymousreply 14April 2, 2023 5:44 AM

Which two?

by Anonymousreply 15April 2, 2023 7:51 AM

He got Zach to cum.

by Anonymousreply 16April 2, 2023 10:58 AM

Zach and who?

by Anonymousreply 17April 2, 2023 11:45 AM

I suspect the hot girls on the show employing their usual strategy of teasing but not putting out helped immensely with that.

by Anonymousreply 18April 3, 2023 2:04 AM

I liked it.

It’s cheesy, some quips are very forced, and it does its best to check as many modern-day boxes as it can, but it has a big ole GAY heart.

There’s some great moments, and I honestly can’t say I hated Miss Frankie.

And the arms on that soldier, I MEAN.

I hope the 6 bucks I paid to rent it pave way for more fun gay romp!

And a cent or two makes its way to Frankie herself.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19May 8, 2023 9:47 PM

Aw. Michael Urie deserves better jobs.

Frankie Grande deserves worse.

by Anonymousreply 20May 8, 2023 9:51 PM

Since when does Playbill shill for crap movies?

by Anonymousreply 21May 8, 2023 9:54 PM

R17 Zach and Caleb(?)

by Anonymousreply 22May 8, 2023 10:01 PM

I smell an Oscar!

by Anonymousreply 23May 8, 2023 10:14 PM

I smell shit

by Anonymousreply 24May 8, 2023 10:27 PM

I watched it too. Totally cheesy, but surprisingly entertaining. It’s not the worst gay movie I’ve seen.

by Anonymousreply 25May 8, 2023 10:29 PM

I DO smell an Oscar for Michael Urie as Jerome Robbins in Maestro.

by Anonymousreply 26May 8, 2023 10:32 PM

Home movies, I presume, OP.

by Anonymousreply 27May 8, 2023 10:38 PM

I streamed it this weekend. Entertaining, laughed. Frankie showed some range.

by Anonymousreply 28May 8, 2023 11:56 PM

[quote]I smell shit

Please elaborate.

by Anonymousreply 29May 9, 2023 1:21 AM

Where can I buy tickets?

by Anonymousreply 30May 9, 2023 3:18 AM

[QUOTE] Frankie showed some range.

Legs up, reverse cowgirl, on all fours, in a sling... it's really not that much of an achievement.

by Anonymousreply 31May 9, 2023 12:00 PM

Mama Grande financed the film...

by Anonymousreply 32May 9, 2023 6:01 PM

I hear Frankie is more pequeno than grande...

by Anonymousreply 33May 10, 2023 10:26 PM

How did this do at the BO?

by Anonymousreply 34May 11, 2023 4:59 PM

Probably poorly, based on the reaction here.

I’d expect DLers to be a big part of the target audience.

I don’t know if some of you are getting your contemporary campy horror (Frankie-less, I presume) fix elsewhere, but I always welcome fare like this.

And at a lean 74 minutes, this to me is a perfect weeknight watch, one I’m very OK paying for.

As for Frankie haters - yes, a part of his casting was probably in attempt to catch a bit more attention for what was always going to be a struggle to get people to watch.

But hey, it’s the name of the game, and I, for one, am pleasantly surprised by his energy and performance.

And his character does address the ‘why is he so extra’ criticism. Charmingly, in my opinion.

I don’t know why I’m so supportive of this flick.

I swear to God I’m in no way connected to anyone involved in making it.

Maybe it’s just that it made my Monday evening recently, so it feels nice to share that.

by Anonymousreply 35May 12, 2023 10:17 AM

I know he had a moment with Zach but who was the other guy he did something sexual with from BB?

by Anonymousreply 36May 12, 2023 10:25 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!