Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Keep Gays Away From Kids and Locker Rooms

Someone posted a twitter thread of news articles/opinions from years past where people use the SAME "concerns" and pretty much the same bigoted wording AGAINST GAYS as people are using against trans (and gays) today.

I'll post individual links from the thread inside

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52June 8, 2024 2:29 PM

Philadelphia Daily News (Philly, Penn.) 1974-04-19

"I don't care what anyone says, I refuse to regard homosexuals and lesbians as normal people." [...] "Too much publicity and attention has already resulted in a lot of contagious homosexuality."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1March 28, 2023 9:14 AM

[quote]Someone posted a twitter thread of news articles/opinions from years past where people use the SAME "concerns" and pretty much the same bigoted wording AGAINST GAYS as people are using against trans (and gays) today.

Because they are essentially the same people OP. No matter how much they pretend otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 2March 28, 2023 9:19 AM

The Edwardsville Intelligencer (Edwardsville, IL) 1977-06-14

"It is not a matter of basic civil rights. It is allowing the mantle of respectability to be placed over deviate behavior."

They then associate homosexuality with a contagion and warn of children being in contact with gays.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3March 28, 2023 9:21 AM

The Province (Vancouver, BC, Canada) 1973-02-01

This one is couched as "someone did a study" and blames homosexuality on PEER PRESSURE and pressure from authority figures.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4March 28, 2023 9:27 AM

The Indianapolis News 1974-04-20

This one goes int how gay's are UNNATURAL and whatnot.. But it's really about how gays living openly VIOLATES STRAIGHT PEOPLE'S RIGHTS.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5March 28, 2023 9:32 AM

Jesus, reading that bigoted fucker worried about a gay in the locker room in OP. You just know he was one of those straight guys who are objectively hideous, beer belly, body odour, a face only a mother could love and a tiny dick…yet they still think any gay guy will somehow want to jump them.

by Anonymousreply 6March 28, 2023 9:33 AM

Yep, they even brought back the whole “grooming” argument and against drag queens who are majority gay. It reminds me of that terrible PSA against gay men.

Great thread.

by Anonymousreply 7March 28, 2023 9:35 AM

The Ottowa Journal 1979-08-13

This one's got the "gay extremists" are ruining it for the "good gays" (aka closeted) by asking for acceptance.

"Obviously unrepresentative homosexual extremists have strained sympathies by their demands that homosexuality be accepted as an alternative lifestyle"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8March 28, 2023 9:38 AM

[quote]they even brought back the whole “grooming” argument and against drag queens who are majority gay

That must have been the plan all along because even Milo, back when he first brought this trans hate stuff to DL, was equating trans people with drag queens. This was years ago. I thought it was idiotic and surely no one in the gay community would buy it, I even remember dunking on Milo and saying that no gays were going to confuse drag queens with trans people.

Imagine my surprise when I saw Datalounge regulars who I was sure were normal gay men start to equate drag queens with trans, too. I guess it was about a year ago when I saw it start to happen. It's shocking.

by Anonymousreply 9March 28, 2023 9:42 AM

Democrat and Chronicle (Rochester, NY) 1964-03-15

"Homosexuals are intense, sometimes unstable, and often don't accept reality,... the average homosexual is a very dissatisfied and unhappy person."

They also blame gays committing suicide on... being gay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10March 28, 2023 9:42 AM

The Daily Chronicle, 1977-04-12

This one's got the: gays are unstable and they seek out children.

"50 per cent of the suicides and murders in America's larger cities can be attributed to homosexuals. Even the most cursory examination of homosexual magazines reveals that seduction of children is part of the typical homosexual behavior pattern"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11March 28, 2023 9:46 AM

Gay men and lesbians never threatened to murder women and "terfs".

Jump to the 27 min. mark.

It's a deluge of one trans after another threatening to shoot women.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12March 28, 2023 9:50 AM

The Coos Bay Times, 1956-10-04

More of the not-really-gay but turned-gay by others thing

"Since many of these youths are not "true homosexuals," they are misled."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13March 28, 2023 9:50 AM

Don't know the publication on this one but it's from 1990 and seems to be about Martina Navratilova and lesbian tennis players.

"It's such a problem that some families go along just to keep their youngsters away from the lesbian element in the world tennis circuit....(it's) so bad that young girl players were scared to go into tournament changing rooms...”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14March 28, 2023 9:55 AM

The Ottawa Citizen 2002-12-18

Here's a Los Angeles high school 15 year old banned from the locker room because she's gay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15March 28, 2023 9:59 AM

Agreed it is a great thread and something we need to discuss and be much more aware of R7. Thanks for posting this OP.

by Anonymousreply 16March 28, 2023 10:02 AM

1992 LA Times report on Penn State's woman's basketball team rules:

- No drinking, No drugs, NO LESBIANS.

Anyone found to be a lesbian would be kicked off the team and any scholarship revoked.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17March 28, 2023 10:03 AM

Let's also not forget this:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18March 28, 2023 10:04 AM

And these same people hate gays just as much as they hate trans and they're in the house...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19March 28, 2023 10:05 AM

The News Journal (Wilmington, Delaware) 1990-01-28

"It's just a passing phase or they are crazy and need of psychiatric help"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20March 28, 2023 10:05 AM

TERFs and the Nazi connection:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21March 28, 2023 10:06 AM

Some of these people are on Datalounge. The great "pretenders".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22March 28, 2023 10:07 AM

More:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23March 28, 2023 10:09 AM

Carrizozo Lincoln County News, page 4 1985-08-01

Gays are "INFILTRATING" organizations.... and some equating homosexuality with pedophilia and child molesters.

"Director Patrick Fagan noted that the Louisiana Chapter of the National Coalition Against Domestic Violence (NCADV) recently withdrew from the national organization over the issue of lesbian infiltration"

".... lesbians of other sexual orientations, such as pedophiles or child molesters"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24March 28, 2023 10:12 AM

I saw an article recently about a straight woman who escaped from prison in the 1970s and was pardoned on the grounds that she was terrified of being raped by lesbians. It resulted in calls to house lesbian prisoners away from straight women. I can't find it now but will repost if I do and hopefully before this thread gets derailed.

by Anonymousreply 25March 28, 2023 10:13 AM

That would be interesting to learn more about R25.

by Anonymousreply 26March 28, 2023 10:14 AM

Messenger-Inquirer (Owensboro, KY, USA), 1975-12-07

Here's the 'lesbians aren't real woman" blabber. And, guess what? It's so repetitive of today that even in 1975 they used the scare-word "Communist" against gays. Similar to the "Marxist" they use against trans people today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27March 28, 2023 10:18 AM

The Pantagraph (Bloomington, IL) 1986-04-24

Homosexuality doesn't actually exist BECAUSE THERE'S ONLY 2 GENDERS. Yep, this same old crap from 1986.

"There are only two sexes male and female, of which there are no sub-groups. In essence, homosexuals have created homosexual and bisexual sub-groups. Hence we have demonstrations for homosexual rights under the euphemism, 'gay rights.'"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28March 28, 2023 10:24 AM

Same words and phrases R27. Word for word but about lesbians instead of trans. Even the bathroom thing. It's mindblowing in its simplicity.

I guess rinse, repeat really does work.

by Anonymousreply 29March 28, 2023 10:24 AM

The Signal (Santa Clara, CA) 1996-08-13

Here we are with the two genders thing plus how the medical community was bulled into accepting gays. This, again, is from 1996. Same crap we hear today about trans.

"We are still man (XY) and woman (XX). They have found no chromosome for homosexuality."

"They have with physical violence, intimidation and threats caused the medical community to say homosexuality is not a deviant or perverted lifestyle"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30March 28, 2023 10:27 AM

The Salina Journal (Salina, KS) 1998-07-24

This is from 1998 but change "gay" to "trans" and it could be yesterday

[bold]"Gay rights activists are out to silence anyone who disagrees with their radical agenda"[/bold]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31March 28, 2023 10:29 AM

Very interesting thread, OP. Thank you for the sources.

Some people on this board have quite short memories, which is concerning. I guess mob violence will always be a thing among humans...

by Anonymousreply 32March 28, 2023 11:10 AM

It's a point we've been making here for years now, but TERFs are immune to logic or reasoning.

by Anonymousreply 33March 28, 2023 11:23 AM

What's really fascinating is they are using the exact same words and phrases - just applied to a different minority.

Really good thread OP.

Cal Thomas looks like a real fucking asshole too. Hates the gays and had a lot to say about us. Involved with Fox News.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34March 28, 2023 11:39 AM

"There are only two sexes male and female, of which there are no sub-groups. In essence, homosexuals have created homosexual and bisexual sub-groups. Hence we have demonstrations for homosexual rights under the euphemism, 'gay rights.'"

Word for word.

by Anonymousreply 35March 29, 2023 12:50 AM

It's funny how to article boils down to "I'm a bigot and would like to be accommodated". Nothing has changed.

by Anonymousreply 36March 29, 2023 4:29 AM

Not the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 37March 29, 2023 4:36 AM

Men can defend themselves against men. Women cannot.

by Anonymousreply 38March 29, 2023 4:36 AM

No, no, no. If we just remove T from LGBTQ, straight people will immediately love us!!!

by Anonymousreply 39March 29, 2023 4:37 AM

29 posts in this thread by OP, the loony troon.

by Anonymousreply 40March 29, 2023 4:37 AM

That first letter is hilarious. So bitchy! It must surely have been written by a closet D/Ler. I assume the appalled reference to tattoos on those homosexuals must have been deleted for space reasons.

by Anonymousreply 41March 29, 2023 4:55 AM

There's only one issue OP,and the issue is that many people still think many of those things about homosexuals.There are many places in USA or even in Europe where wearing pink or being a feminine man or a butch woman could cost your life or a violent aggression.Everybody is still assumed heterosexual unless stated otherwise and many gay people are still ostracized by society and seen as weirdos, and don't even get me started on places like Uganda, Russia or Iran. The only difference is now we get hate from trans people too when we are not attracted to them or when we dare to exclude them from "cis" gay/lesbian spaces,sexual fluidity is forced on us from people who are supposed to be from our community and who are supposed to understand we can't just "change" ourselves because they say so.Please stop acting like we live in a perfect utopia where being gay is seen as normal and accepted.

by Anonymousreply 42March 29, 2023 2:56 PM

Besides the ability to rile up religious freaks, what do transgenderism and homosexuality actually have in common?

by Anonymousreply 43March 29, 2023 3:26 PM

[quote]"Too much publicity and attention has already resulted in a lot of contagious homosexuality."

Contagious homosexuality? Does this person think being gay is like a cold and is catching or something?

Jeez, the ignorance.

by Anonymousreply 44March 29, 2023 4:38 PM

Cal Thomas and Addison McConnell both spent their lives trying to prove they weren't closet cases.

by Anonymousreply 45March 29, 2023 6:47 PM

[quote]There's only one issue OP,and the issue is that many people still think many of those things about homosexuals

Yeah, R42. Perhaps you should read the OP text again and maybe you'll see this:

[quote]...the same bigoted wording AGAINST GAYS as people are using against trans [bold](and gays)[/bold] today

Also, no shit gays still get harassed and harmed. WE ALL KNOW THIS you fuckwad. You're not adding any relevant info - but you just NEEDED some launching point to go off on an anti-trans screed of imagined and overblown grievances, didn't you. Take it back to 4 chan or wherever you weirdos circle-jerk.

by Anonymousreply 46March 30, 2023 10:39 AM

Children just be protected from penises and vaginas in 2023.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47March 30, 2023 11:12 AM

And yet you're using the same tactics and phrases - word for word R40.

Why is that exactly?

by Anonymousreply 48March 31, 2023 1:14 AM

R40 is Inspector Javert.

by Anonymousreply 49March 31, 2023 1:16 AM

Bumping this thread.

by Anonymousreply 50May 7, 2023 9:30 AM

The only gay erasure comes from conservatives.

They are they true enemy.

Not just an enemy of LGBTQ+ but to society as a whole. They are a blight on humanity.

by Anonymousreply 51May 7, 2023 11:11 AM

Bump

This thread needs to be bumped every coupl a months - looks like it's been over a year tho.

by Anonymousreply 52June 8, 2024 2:29 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!