Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

How do most people find jobs nowdays?

Serious question.

In the past, people used "want ads" or classified ads in the newspaper.

But those don't exist anymore, and there's no ONE place most people can go to when looking for a job.

And lots of supposed job seeking online sites are bogus or not patronized by reputable companies.

So where's the best place to look for a job now?

by Anonymousreply 8March 26, 2023 7:39 PM

Indeed.

Also through company websites and through your LinkedIn network.

by Anonymousreply 1March 26, 2023 12:53 PM

Oh, god. Not Linkedin.

I hate that site. It has so many useless and empty profiles.

[quote] Also through company websites

So basically, you have to know exactly what company you want to work for?

by Anonymousreply 2March 26, 2023 12:57 PM

Where do people find all of these Work From Home jobs that I hear so much about on Datalounge?

Reading through threads here, you'd think that there's a major Work From Home national job fair where you all found your jobs.

by Anonymousreply 3March 26, 2023 12:59 PM

Resumes? Been a long time since work (retired). Be careful what you put on your social media...I think employers look into that.

by Anonymousreply 4March 26, 2023 1:25 PM

Don't rely on indeed it is filled with mostly lousy companies with high turnover rates. If you get hired through indeed there is a possibility you will be back to using it to find a much better job within a few months.

by Anonymousreply 5March 26, 2023 2:01 PM

I'm a freelance writer and can't find any legit online writing jobs, even from "reputable" sites. You can do the work, but rarely get paid.

You could give REV a try, but the pay is a pittance. Transcribing audio files and writing captions for videos.

by Anonymousreply 6March 26, 2023 2:08 PM

LinkedIn to find them, use company website to apply. Do not use the linkedin easy apply function.

by Anonymousreply 7March 26, 2023 2:12 PM

R3 in most instances people who work from home had regular office jobs that could be done remotely as proven by the pandemic.

by Anonymousreply 8March 26, 2023 7:39 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!