Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Camelot (1967)

Rewatching. I can forgive Richard Harris anything, including those bangs. Was Titian hair in, or is everyone in England blond red headed.? Franco Nero is not imposing at all as Lancelot. He’s weak. Why bother why you have steak at home? (Harris)

by Anonymousreply 16March 27, 2023 10:10 PM

I kind of wondered about that, OP. Lancelot was gorgeous, but King Arthur was no slouch either. Richard Harris had a regal air about him.

Being a queen and living in luxury in a time when most people had it rough, what a foolish thing to rock the boat. Sit around wearing crowns and incredible clothes all day and sing to each other.

by Anonymousreply 1March 26, 2023 6:04 AM

Franco’s acting was really not great, but he and Vanessa had tons of chemistry

by Anonymousreply 2March 26, 2023 6:36 AM

I saw this movie at a revival movie theatre in the 80s. My teenaged self was quite thrilled by Franco Nero and Vanessa Redgrave especially the If Ever I Would Leave You montage. Not just sexy but flat out romantic. The fact that the are married today is quite moving.

by Anonymousreply 3March 26, 2023 6:59 AM

Yes, that they finally got married is amazing. You don’t see much of them though.

by Anonymousreply 4March 26, 2023 7:18 AM

Nero directed a movie with Kevin Spacey recently. Redgrave was going to be in it but the online backlash caused her to suddenly get sick and drop out. Miss Dunaway replaced her. She's well enough now though to do My Fair Lady in the West End.

by Anonymousreply 5March 26, 2023 8:37 AM

Awful movie. Give me the OC recording.

by Anonymousreply 6March 26, 2023 9:12 AM

[quote]Being a queen and living in luxury in a time when most people had it rough, what a foolish thing to rock the boat. Sit around wearing crowns and incredible clothes all day and sing to each other.

Literal violence.

by Anonymousreply 7March 26, 2023 12:00 PM

There is a long chapter th Josh Logan’s 2nd book - o think “something, something Movie stars and me” Sorry I don’t have my glasses on - his first book was about his stage work and manic depression and this book was all about his Hollywood work. Even if you don’t love his book - he is a fantastic writer and B he has long dishy gossipy chapters on casting and making Picnic, Bus Stop, South Pacific, Sayonara and Camelot. … I haven’t read in years but it used to be a favorite. Right or wrong he talks about how he deliberately didn’t want the movie to look like a frilly Valentine. What worked onstage wouldn’t hzz as be worked on film. It is a fun read.

by Anonymousreply 8March 26, 2023 3:43 PM

Desi Arnaz had the worst fake laugh

by Anonymousreply 9March 26, 2023 3:46 PM

Me again^ I’m not answering myself! I saw the first episode of the new season of Call the Midwife last week - Vanessa Tefhrave does the voice over - she sounded OLD air ill. There is a change to her voice ….. ok I am all thumbs - I have to find my glasses!

by Anonymousreply 10March 26, 2023 3:48 PM

R6, Julie may have been the superior singer, but Vanessa brought the LUST to the month of May.

You know, that whole “Lusty Month of May” sequence was very emblematic of the ‘60s flower power trend.

by Anonymousreply 11March 26, 2023 4:50 PM

Shitalot

by Anonymousreply 12March 26, 2023 7:18 PM

I wanted to slap Harris’s simpering mug.

by Anonymousreply 13March 26, 2023 7:23 PM

if you feel that way OP definitely don’t see latest Camelot at Lincoln Center Theater

by Anonymousreply 14March 26, 2023 8:00 PM

I adore the production design and costumes by John Truscott ,whose designs came via the Australian stage production and then London. They look stunning in HD.

by Anonymousreply 15March 27, 2023 1:03 PM

Julie declined to do the movie. Was she still pissed at Jack Warner?

by Anonymousreply 16March 27, 2023 10:10 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!