Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Is John McWhorter a dumb ni**er or just Uncle Tom?

Not a Klan Granny here. I'm watching an episode of Real Time from a couple weeks ago and this guy just irritates the fuck out of me! Because for as much as he may get me to agree with him, he also presents as a lazy, mean, dog-whistling (white) man. He reminds me of one of those middling characters in The Fountainhead.

by Anonymousreply 8March 26, 2023 2:01 PM

John McWhorter Is awesome.

Are you having a rough night, sweetie?

by Anonymousreply 1March 26, 2023 6:03 AM

OP is a racist POS.

by Anonymousreply 2March 26, 2023 6:04 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3March 26, 2023 6:58 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4March 26, 2023 7:01 AM

What the fuck is your problem? He's a smart, charming man who makes important observations that are unpopular with the Woke.

by Anonymousreply 5March 26, 2023 7:51 AM

I've always thought that if you scratch a woke activist you find a genuine racist underneath. OP just proved my point.

by Anonymousreply 6March 26, 2023 8:27 AM

R6

Tell me about it. I'm a Black person with views similar to those of John McWhorter. I've been watching him and his discussion partner, the more conservative Glenn Loury, for a few years now and they are members of a small group of Black intellectuals who are willing to publicly criticize Wokeness. They've invited proponents like Ibram X. Kendi on their show, but their offer is never accepted because the Kendis of the world would get crushed in a debate. Whenever I post something in support of a McWhorter statement, there's always someone who calls me a racial slur, a self-hating minority or accuses me of only pretending to be Black. I get this from Woke Blacks and Whites. It's juvenile and insulting.

Here's a recent episode of The Glenn Show, in which they talk about the problem with the Woke's concept of "Equity."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7March 26, 2023 1:54 PM

Here's another good episode. McWhorter and Loury realize they're fighting an uphill battle, but they're fighting. I didn't agree with their take on Scott Adams, who I believe knew exactly what he was doing.

0:00 John’s awkward run-in at the farmer’s market 5:40 Will people be reading Ibram X. Kendi in 2043? 17:03 Regret, doubt, and going against the tide 28:12 How Glenn and John negotiate their public profiles 40:50 Did Scott Adams deserve to get canceled? 52:47 What’s going on beneath the Scott Adams controversy?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8March 26, 2023 2:01 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!