Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I Don't Eat Dinner On Saturday

I take a long walk- 4.2 miles on Saturday and I don't eat dinner- it's supposed to lengthen one's telomeres. By the time I eat breakfast on Sunday I will not have eaten for 21 hours or so.

I am already FUCKIN hungry.

by Anonymousreply 15March 26, 2023 5:00 AM

How lovely for you...

by Anonymousreply 1March 26, 2023 4:27 AM

I wouldn't torture myself like that.

by Anonymousreply 2March 26, 2023 4:27 AM

It's like Ramadan without the Islam!

by Anonymousreply 3March 26, 2023 4:28 AM

Hm. Not for me, not unless I'm sick as fuck. I took an almost 3 mile walk today and about an hour later, I was very hungry and had some nonfat Greek yogurt w/a kiwi, 1/4 of a pear and a sprinkling of raw pumpkin seeds. I'm not into starving my body when it is asking for fuel.

by Anonymousreply 4March 26, 2023 4:33 AM

It’s more like reverse Ramadan

by Anonymousreply 5March 26, 2023 4:36 AM

R4- I took my long walk in the morning and afterwards had a big bowl of puffed corn, wheat and kamut in Oat milk and for lunch I ate two cans of Mackerel and some trail mix- so I did not starve myself on Saturday.

I eat plain non fat Greek yogurt twice a week. I mix in a whole avocado once a week that I mash up first. It's so tasty in the yogurt and the other day I mix in some hummus.

by Anonymousreply 6March 26, 2023 4:37 AM

OP/R6 I've never heard of those yogurt combos...I'll have to try them!!

by Anonymousreply 7March 26, 2023 4:43 AM

OP, you’re bragging about taking long walks and not eating, you must truly be enormous for this to be noteworthy.

by Anonymousreply 8March 26, 2023 4:46 AM

The ice sheets are shrinking at an alarmingly rapid rate. I'm not worried about my telomeres.

by Anonymousreply 9March 26, 2023 4:48 AM

R8- I WAS enormous in the spring of 2021. I've lost 55 pounds since then- 20% of my weight. I worked hard to get lose the weight and to stay at my current weight.

by Anonymousreply 10March 26, 2023 4:49 AM

Millennials. Ugh there’s so many of them too!

by Anonymousreply 11March 26, 2023 4:53 AM

How dreadful. At least have a handful of almonds or a piece of fruit, or both, before the night is over. Starving your body might be the latest fad, but it's never smart.

by Anonymousreply 12March 26, 2023 4:53 AM

I am considering doing a fast like that every week. I did it two weeks ago and it wasn’t hard. I eat dinner on Friday, fast on Sat and eat breakfast on Sunday.

It’ll help me keep my weight down and clear my mind

by Anonymousreply 13March 26, 2023 4:54 AM

R10, how’d you lose all that’s weight??

by Anonymousreply 14March 26, 2023 4:55 AM

R14- I weigh myself every day and I only eat my set meals for the day which I make the day before. I generally know days in advance what I'm eating. If my weight is up a bit the next day I cut back my calories for the next day. I've generally been ruthless. I mean that in spite of the cravings and hunger- which is just the body's way of getting you to stop losing weight and put the weight back on- I did not cave in and stuff my face. It is hard work but eventually your body adjusts to the lower weight and the cravings and hunger go away. I do eat plenty of fruits and vegetables most days. I eat fish twice a week and nuts and seeds four times a week plus soups made with beans. I walk everyday for exercise.

by Anonymousreply 15March 26, 2023 5:00 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!