Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

If you visit Egypt, don't use Grindr there

Police are setting up fake profiles and arresting the men who show up

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31April 16, 2023 2:39 AM

I just got back from Cairo last month. Grindr was completely happening when I was there and being a Westerner increased my popularity being people knew I wasn't the police. That said I hope western countries turn the heat up on Egyptian politicians.

by Anonymousreply 1March 26, 2023 2:47 AM

not only that, there are also criminals looking to scam by pretending to be gay. I saw a special on the BBC about it a few weeks ago

they have you meet in a hotel room then they blackmail you either by threatening violence or threatening to expose your correspondence

by Anonymousreply 2March 26, 2023 2:48 AM

Better advice: don't go to Egypt.

by Anonymousreply 3March 26, 2023 2:49 AM

When I want to go to egypt, I google pics of Cairo and the desire to go to Egypt goes away!

by Anonymousreply 4March 26, 2023 2:53 AM

I heard chubby white men are quite popular in these countries. DL eldergays should go there if you wanna get fucked.

by Anonymousreply 5March 26, 2023 3:08 AM

Muslims practicing discrimination and brutality.

by Anonymousreply 6March 26, 2023 3:50 AM

A friend of mine taught english over there for a few years. He was short,chubby and not very cute ,but he got hit on walking down the street because he was obviously gay. He had quite the stories to tell . That was 1990 or so ,it may of course be different now.

by Anonymousreply 7March 26, 2023 5:30 AM

If I was gonna be gay, it wouldn’t be in Egypt. “Walk like an Egyptian” my friends….

by Anonymousreply 8March 26, 2023 5:34 AM

[quote] he got hit on walking down the street because he was obviously gay.

He got "hit on" because he was obviously a "rich foreigner" and a "safe bet" for Egyptians seeking the homosex, which is criminalized in Egypt.

by Anonymousreply 9March 26, 2023 6:01 AM

Male homosexual desire barely simmers beneath the surface everywhere in that city.

by Anonymousreply 10March 26, 2023 6:03 AM

And Allah help you if you get caught.

by Anonymousreply 11March 26, 2023 6:04 AM

did ancient Egyptians do gay sex?

by Anonymousreply 12March 26, 2023 6:08 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13March 26, 2023 6:08 AM

Egypt is a trashy mess. Don't go. The people tend to be endlessly ignorant, rude and argumentative. Gulf Arabs and expats in the Gulf States despise Egyptians.

by Anonymousreply 14March 26, 2023 6:08 AM

You haven't lived until you had some Egyptian cock. It even beats Turkish cock.

by Anonymousreply 15March 26, 2023 6:08 AM

^This is relevant to my interests.

Do tell more about the gay sex scene there? With alternatives to time wasting Grindr?

by Anonymousreply 16April 15, 2023 4:33 PM

There should be a DL tour...Gays in kaftans are safer in groups

by Anonymousreply 17April 15, 2023 4:38 PM

r16 not 15, but if you're looking... then most public social media will do but there are private forums except many are more free for alls than specifically gay and tend to run a bit on the creepy side.

by Anonymousreply 18April 15, 2023 4:39 PM

I've had a Beautiful Turkish cock when I was a waiter in the mid 1990s. His name was Tankut (pronounced Tan-koot), and he was a college student working as a valet at the restaurant. From the moment I first laid eyes on him, I thought he was gorgeous, dark collar length hair, big brown eyes, a friendly beaming smile, good looking intelligent face, charming accent, big shoulders, strong athletic naturally hairy body, Gorgeous!! He walked like a panther in heat, and emanated raw sexual energy, he made me swoon just looking at him. He flirted with most of the young female staff on a regular basis, and at the time, I was convinced that I didn't have a chance with this guy, except the homoerotic fantasy in my head... TBC

by Anonymousreply 19April 15, 2023 5:03 PM

Fat ugly old gay men going to other developing/underdeveloped countries look for sex and think that they are desirable. 😂😂😂 the DELUSION

by Anonymousreply 20April 15, 2023 5:08 PM

R19 Take your Turkish-lusting ole self to Istanbul. Your repertoire of Turkish cocks will grow exponentially, even in a weekend.

They have a raw masculinity and sexuality, unassuming yet charming, that's rare and intoxicating. Unless we're talking about the deed. They don't have a reputation for being AGGRESSIVE TOPS for nothing.

I'm curious how Egypt compares. My guess (from various walking tours of Cairo & Egypts resorts) is that the Turks will win in my book. But, I first-hand verification is necessary....

by Anonymousreply 21April 15, 2023 5:13 PM

^ walking tours on Youtube, that is.

by Anonymousreply 22April 15, 2023 5:15 PM

r21 down and dirty, Egypt has some sights but there's a lot of sick fucks there... so, think of worst side of the community in meth fueled corners of the west. Finding just a typical hookup and not some extreme is difficult even without all the other politics involved. So, Turkiye wins on many grounds, even if economic woes and ukrainian conflict has led to some problems or that you could find just as many young active turkish men working in other nations as many more have been in the last few years.

by Anonymousreply 23April 15, 2023 5:43 PM

Turkish men are so handsome. Same with Iranian men. I usually stick with Cairo now because I have friends there now. The Apps are it in Egypt. Grindr the best but l have had good luck on Hornet and Planetromeo too. In Egypt you need to stay in an airbnb being most hotels do not allow guests. Cairo is big and messy but I still enjoy going there.

by Anonymousreply 24April 15, 2023 5:45 PM

Are they uncut?

by Anonymousreply 25April 15, 2023 5:49 PM

The Coptic are uncut but the Muslims are cut.

by Anonymousreply 26April 15, 2023 5:56 PM

I'm sticking with Muslims then.

Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 27April 15, 2023 6:13 PM

I've been to both Egypt and Istanbul but I prefer egyptian guys. I love their darker and swarthier looks. You don't really need an app to find guys. Some of those working in touristic sites will discreetly flirt with you - either to make a sell or just horny. Or both. Example- in Luxor/Aswan, guys offering felucca rides in the Nile will almost always entice you with a cheap price plus a trip to see Banana island. Fyi- there really is a Banana island but if they think you're gay, they'll offer another type of banana. Lol.

by Anonymousreply 28April 15, 2023 6:20 PM

In my experience the guys that approach you at the tourist sights tend to be looking for money. Thats fine but I prefer meeting guys looking for just sex. I try to meet well educated guys being they give me fewer problems.

by Anonymousreply 29April 15, 2023 6:29 PM

is smoking still popular in Egypt, Turkey and other Middle Eastern countries? That is a real turnoff

by Anonymousreply 30April 16, 2023 2:16 AM

Egyptian men smoke like no tomorrow. It is rare to meet one who doesn't.

by Anonymousreply 31April 16, 2023 2:39 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!