Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I get shocked by how many people don’t remember when McDonalds had Cherry Pie…

Ive mentioned it to numerous people and only one person remembers it so far.

I made a post about it elsewhere and most don’t remember them but a couple do.

I remember that McDonald's added Cherry Pie for a while and discontinued it in the early 90s, around the same time they discontinued the deep fried apple pies (1992) and went baked. When they went baked they stuck with just Apple.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36March 26, 2023 4:05 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1March 26, 2023 2:24 AM

Back when they fried dem pies and dey was gud.

by Anonymousreply 2March 26, 2023 2:26 AM

I sure do. You had the choice of fried apple or cherry. Delicious.

by Anonymousreply 3March 26, 2023 2:27 AM

1979 Indianapolis article and news segment investigating their Cherry Pies because there was supposedly an issue.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4March 26, 2023 2:27 AM

The cherry pie tree.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5March 26, 2023 2:28 AM

I remember them- they were molten and fucking delicious.

by Anonymousreply 6March 26, 2023 2:28 AM

R3 yes. And I specifically remember because I would always get cherry. Rarely apple. I personally ate the cherry so every time I mention it and no one remembers I start to doubt myself and wonder if I’m making this up in my head 😂. Thank God the internet exists. I’m not.

by Anonymousreply 7March 26, 2023 2:28 AM

I think I remember these. At least I remember they had some flavour other than apple and that I preferred it. This would have been in Canada, 80s/90s.

I also have to congratulate McDs on making their baked pies taste so full of saturated fat I can feel it coating my mouth whenever I eat one. I assume they were trying to go with the flow in terms of being able to market some of their items as vaguely healthier-than-will-not-cause-an-instant heart attack but bless them, it still kinda tastes/feels like gnawing on a delicious, apple-y block of lard.

by Anonymousreply 8March 26, 2023 2:30 AM

I remember when they had those hand held thingies called Pumpkin Pies. Great with my Turkey Burger and Sweet Potato Fries. And the Pumpkin Spice Shakes.

🦃 [italic] A Thanksgiving To Remember !

by Anonymousreply 9March 26, 2023 2:30 AM

Apparently, the McDonald's apple pies in Hawaii are still fried. Nostalgic fat whores can rejoice in Hawaii.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10March 26, 2023 2:32 AM

Those hot cherry pies were delicious!

by Anonymousreply 11March 26, 2023 2:33 AM

R10 yes. Someone earlier told me if I go to Hawaii I can find the fried Apple Pies from McDs. Or Japan.

by Anonymousreply 12March 26, 2023 2:35 AM

The stain from the cherry coloring was a bitch to get out of clothes when you inevitably dribbled some on your shirt.

by Anonymousreply 13March 26, 2023 2:35 AM

🍒 Mickey D's Cherry Pies are the stuff dreams are made of.

by Anonymousreply 14March 26, 2023 2:36 AM

I REMEMBER.

I also remember the “Lemon Luv” pie from Arthur Treacher’s.

by Anonymousreply 15March 26, 2023 2:37 AM

*books flight to Hawaii*

Shut UP! It's for the beautiful landscapes and views!

by Anonymousreply 16March 26, 2023 2:37 AM

I remember when they had both apple and cherry pies. They had a tall metal container that they kept them in. And they were actually warm when they served them to you.

by Anonymousreply 17March 26, 2023 2:38 AM

Europe McDs still sell deep fried apple, cherry, apricot or peach pies, depending on area.

by Anonymousreply 18March 26, 2023 2:39 AM

Warm? They were HOT lol.

by Anonymousreply 19March 26, 2023 2:39 AM

R18 cherry is not an option at most places in Europe, if any. Some cities do fry though but very few. They’re mostly baked like ours.

by Anonymousreply 20March 26, 2023 2:40 AM

Jack in the Box (70s and 80s) used to sell their version, called them apple turnovers.

by Anonymousreply 21March 26, 2023 2:41 AM

Wow r20 that's a bummer. I visited Germany and Italy In 2002 and the pies were deep fried. I only went to one in each country and the menus I recall were pretty identical.

by Anonymousreply 22March 26, 2023 2:43 AM

I'd like one right now.

Cherry, please, with soft serve vanilla ice cream.

by Anonymousreply 23March 26, 2023 2:44 AM

Apricot pie?! That sounds fucking delicious.

by Anonymousreply 24March 26, 2023 2:45 AM

This person from NZ said years ago McDonald’s came out with Apricot as a second option, but cherry never made it there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25March 26, 2023 2:48 AM

I'm embarrassed by how much I would pay for an apricot variant.

by Anonymousreply 26March 26, 2023 2:55 AM

At least now they do seasonal pies and rotate them in and out.

They have the Strawberries and Creme one (now it’s gone again) that was like crack.

They release the Holiday one ever Christmas season now, or the pumpkin one every November.

Right now they have a blueberry & Creme, and the Guava. But they got rid of the Guava & Creme which was better than the just Guava.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27March 26, 2023 2:56 AM

Anyone remember the McDonalds Coke Spoon???

by Anonymousreply 28March 26, 2023 2:59 AM

If you're talking about the tiny, long, plastic coffee-stirring spoons, R28, yes I remember those! As a kid I used to collect them and then attempt to eat food with them. I was special. Still am!

by Anonymousreply 29March 26, 2023 3:00 AM

R29 yes they were coffee spoons but if you google McDonald’s Coke Spoons you will see why they became known as coke spoons instead of coffee stirring spoons.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30March 26, 2023 3:04 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31March 26, 2023 3:05 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32March 26, 2023 3:09 AM

Hawaiian McDonald's also have fried taro pies. I love them, but my partner thinks they're nasty. My favorite fast food fried handpies are the peach-mango pies from Jollibee.

by Anonymousreply 33March 26, 2023 3:27 AM

They were great. I also LOVED hostess cherry pies in the 70's and 80's.

by Anonymousreply 34March 26, 2023 3:29 AM

I was just going to mention the Hostess cherry pies. IIRC, they had some kind of crackly sugar coating on them (like Pop Tart icing). I highly doubt they're still as we remember them, though.

by Anonymousreply 35March 26, 2023 3:54 AM

I always chose cherry as well. Now o just wait for the pumpkin and creme every year. They are the best.

by Anonymousreply 36March 26, 2023 4:05 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!