Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Best Horror Heroine

Who is it?

by Anonymousreply 15March 26, 2023 4:10 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1March 25, 2023 10:06 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2March 25, 2023 10:06 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3March 25, 2023 10:06 PM

Goddamn who is WWing this?

by Anonymousreply 4March 25, 2023 10:07 PM

(more horror/thriller than scifi; Ripley)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5March 25, 2023 10:07 PM

Nancy. She proactively goes after Freddy instead of waiting for him to come to her, and wins.

The current (third) incarnation of Laurie Strode is a close second.

by Anonymousreply 6March 25, 2023 10:12 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7March 25, 2023 10:13 PM

Someone is running up the JLC votes. Thread closed.

by Anonymousreply 8March 25, 2023 10:14 PM

How are the OP's two choices the only ones?

JLC in the current poll, but there are literally dozens of other contenders.

And yes, I would probably vote for Heather Langenkamp although JLC kicked some serious ass in the original Halloween.

I would argue against Sigourney Weaver's Ripley being seen as a scream queen/final girl. She was so much more than that from the first scene.

by Anonymousreply 9March 25, 2023 10:23 PM

CARRIE WHITE

by Anonymousreply 10March 25, 2023 10:24 PM

I can't believe all the Laurie Strode votes after the last trilogy (especially the last movie).

There should have been more choices in the poll tbh.

by Anonymousreply 11March 25, 2023 11:04 PM

Sydney Prescott is such a Hollywood name.

by Anonymousreply 12March 25, 2023 11:17 PM

Nancy Thompson (A Nightmare on Elm Street) would have been a good inclusion.

by Anonymousreply 13March 25, 2023 11:25 PM

Laurie. I'm definitely a horror fan but I've never been able to get into the Scream for some reason. I think it's the whole "meta" thing. It just comes across as "look how much smarter we are than THOSE kinds of movies." And now it has 6 movies and a TV show with 3 seasons. And there is no doubt in anyone's mind there will be a Scream 7 with all the money it's making. I find it ironic they ended up making Scream a cash cow franchise Hollywood is milking to death like all the other slasher franchises they mocked and thought they were so much better than.

by Anonymousreply 14March 25, 2023 11:38 PM

Stretch from Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2. I loved her sassy attitude.

by Anonymousreply 15March 26, 2023 4:10 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!