Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

HR employees LOVE connecting on LinkedIn

75% of the “let’s connect” requests I get on LinkedIn are people from my company’s HR department.

They ignore me like I’m garbage at work. But they love being LinkedIn buddies.

by Anonymousreply 11March 26, 2023 4:47 AM

I could be wrong, but isn't it true that some or all of those "let's connect" requests on LinkedIn are generated by the website itself, not actual requests from individuals?

by Anonymousreply 1March 25, 2023 8:40 PM

Yes.

by Anonymousreply 2March 25, 2023 8:44 PM

Thanks, R2. I guess the OP is unaware of this fact, or he wouldn't have posted to begin with.

by Anonymousreply 3March 25, 2023 8:46 PM

No, LinkedIn does not generate requests to connect. They will generate emails to you suggesting that you try to connect with somebody. But you have to actually make the decision to try to connect.

by Anonymousreply 4March 25, 2023 8:51 PM

I fucking loathe my HR director. There's no hr team but she is a director. She's lazy, she lies and she's a backstabbing fat ugly bitch. Nothing to do with the thread but, fuck hr.

by Anonymousreply 5March 25, 2023 8:53 PM

You’re right to loathe her.

by Anonymousreply 6March 25, 2023 9:00 PM

Our previous HR was lovely. This bitch though.

by Anonymousreply 7March 25, 2023 9:01 PM

Getting a connection request from someone specifically on Linkedin is not the same as Linkedin suggesting people you may know. It sounds like OP is conflating the two.

by Anonymousreply 8March 25, 2023 9:22 PM

OP understands the diff.

Others don’t.

🤷🏽‍♂️

by Anonymousreply 9March 25, 2023 9:24 PM

They probably try to "connect" to be granted access to more information/posts, see who might be on their way out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10March 26, 2023 3:53 AM

I deliberately make a point of ignoring LinkedIn connection requests when they come from colleagues, unless they are at least at my level of seniority, or higher. As I’m an SVP, that weeds a lot of people out. And this certainly includes HR. These idiots can’t find their fucking arse from their elbow, and always ignore my emails, and for whatever reason now we’re LinkedIn friends? Fuck off!

by Anonymousreply 11March 26, 2023 4:47 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!