Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

MOVE/Philadelphia, Ruby Ridge, Branch Dravidians/Waco

Which of these law enforcement actions do you think were right, and which were wrong?

by Anonymousreply 19March 28, 2023 1:00 AM

The MOVE people were hands down the worst neighbors, but nobody deserves that treatment.

by Anonymousreply 1March 25, 2023 8:33 PM

MOVE in Philly was iffy. but it's the one that I know the least about so it may have been acceptable.

Waco and Ruby Ridge were fine, they should have gone in earlier and with more firepower.

When the Feds show up ready to get serious on your ass, walk out with your hands up the first time. They rolled out the fucking TANKS at Waco. Any further resistance and you deserve what's going to happen to you, especially if you're stockpiling weapons.

by Anonymousreply 2March 25, 2023 8:34 PM

The MOVE folks fortified their building and installed a PA system for shouting obscenities at the general public.

by Anonymousreply 3March 25, 2023 8:37 PM

The Waco government action was wrong in that it was totally disorganized and not planned. The gov't actually got their asses kicked by the Branch Davidians and they (gov't) *surrendered* with their hands up.

Also, it took a UPS driver to alert the government to the stockpiling of weapons at the compound.

There was child molestation going on in the compound and that needed to be stopped. For whatever reason, the gov't just went about it in a very half-assed manner.

I'm not sure whether the compound was off-grid, but it didn't even seem like the gov't cut off their water and electricity. That would have made sense, to me.

by Anonymousreply 4March 25, 2023 8:42 PM

Yeah, Koresh was fucking everything that moved.

by Anonymousreply 5March 25, 2023 8:46 PM

Except the black women!

by Anonymousreply 6March 25, 2023 8:46 PM

Koresh was also beating the children. He beat the men and women too but apparently he really got off on beating the kids.

by Anonymousreply 7March 25, 2023 8:47 PM

I don’t really remember Ruby Ridge. But the MOVE bombing was huge news. I grew up in the South, and the newspaper had a huge headline. The idea of a city fire bombing a house and letting scores of homes burn was pretty shocking.

Waco was basically televised in real time. Also pretty shocking. There was a huge explosion, if I recall correctly.

by Anonymousreply 8March 25, 2023 8:56 PM

No one cares about domestic terrorists.

by Anonymousreply 9March 25, 2023 8:57 PM

Which ones, r9?

by Anonymousreply 10March 25, 2023 9:00 PM

I watched the Netflix Waco documentary and I didn’t really give a shit about the brand davidians.

by Anonymousreply 11March 25, 2023 9:04 PM

Seventh Day Adventists, yuck.

by Anonymousreply 12March 25, 2023 9:05 PM

Drag queens, yuck.

by Anonymousreply 13March 25, 2023 9:32 PM

Janet Reno fucked up.

by Anonymousreply 14March 25, 2023 11:22 PM

The plan worked, as designed

by Anonymousreply 15March 25, 2023 11:27 PM

What about the raid on MY HOUSE???

YOU ARE NOT A MOTHER, JANET RENO!!!!

by Anonymousreply 16March 25, 2023 11:37 PM

The MOVE raid let a fire burn out of control, destroying neighboring houses. It was fucking insane. And I despise the MOVE people, the adults at any rate, but sweet jebus, how did the cops rationalize bombing a house in a residential neighborhood?

by Anonymousreply 17March 26, 2023 12:00 AM

I wonder if Janet Reno felt that, as a woman, she needed to prove she wasn't afraid to make heads roll.

There was a skit on SNL of Reno walking into a room, eschewing a door, and busting through drywall.

by Anonymousreply 18March 26, 2023 12:16 AM

That had nothing to do with Reno. It was all Will Ferrell

by Anonymousreply 19March 28, 2023 1:00 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!