Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Ozempic/Wegovy/Mounjaro people: are you doing any sort of exercise? Also share time on your med, and weight loss results here

I'm very curious about these medications and what kind of results people are getting. But more than that, I do want to know: if you are on one of these meds, are you exercising? If so, how much/often/kind? If you had to guess, how many calories do you think you are consuming on a daily basis?

by Anonymousreply 73September 6, 2023 4:57 PM

There are no magic pills.

Don’t rely on them. Change your eating and exercise habits

by Anonymousreply 1March 25, 2023 5:27 PM

r1 I'm not asking for myself, I'm losing weight on my own (16 lbs down since January) and only 8 lbs from being in the normal BMI range for my height. Also, I can't take these meds myself because they would aggravate a pre-existing health condition.

I'm genuinely curious though what other people's results are so far.

by Anonymousreply 2March 25, 2023 5:32 PM

The fat whores of DL are all taking these on the down-low, they don't like talking about it too much. They'll just turn up at the reunion all slim and shit.

You can find endless experiences with these drugs on Reddit, however.

by Anonymousreply 3March 25, 2023 6:17 PM

i guess no one cares to share...

by Anonymousreply 4March 25, 2023 11:22 PM

I heard it causes major constipation.

by Anonymousreply 5March 25, 2023 11:28 PM

You have to do strength and resistance training, don't do a ton of cardio, just walking because you want to keep and gain muscle while you lose fat.

by Anonymousreply 6March 25, 2023 11:49 PM

Hey - My doctor started me on Ozempic about a year and a half ago for diabetes (genetically my sugar always runs high). I wasnt terribly overweight (only needed to lose like 10 lbs), but my doctor suggested exercise because ozempic slows down your digestive system. So, even though you don't have to (you will lose weight), it does help with some of the symptoms.

by Anonymousreply 7March 25, 2023 11:55 PM

Vegan Keto for me. It's the only way I've lost weight and kept it off. I've never been in ketosis, but cutting carbs made me lose 20 lbs. instantly. Vodka is my carb.

by Anonymousreply 8March 25, 2023 11:55 PM

40 lbs down since Dec 1 st . So yes, I’m a believer and a fan of Mounjaro . The appetite suppression is great . I walk for a half hour each day in the past month .

by Anonymousreply 9March 25, 2023 11:59 PM

I'm going to start in a week or two. I'm looking forward to the fact that it works against alcohol cravings too

by Anonymousreply 10March 26, 2023 12:02 AM

r10 I hadn't heard that! Interesting!

by Anonymousreply 11March 26, 2023 12:05 AM

It definitely helps with the drinking as well

by Anonymousreply 12March 26, 2023 12:15 AM

It makes a lot of former keto eaters no taste for meat and carnivores an aversion to sugar.

by Anonymousreply 13March 26, 2023 12:28 AM

Mounjaro since November. Down 32 lbs. Diet: eating dramatically less, much more protein, dramatically less alcohol. Haven't really started exercising yet but going to be hiring a personal trainer in the next month or so.

by Anonymousreply 14March 26, 2023 1:55 AM

Ok, do you all get these through your regular doctor? Or are you using other means? Please share — don’t be stingy.

by Anonymousreply 15March 26, 2023 5:00 AM

Isn't there a shortage of this medication, especially for those with diabetes? People with uncontrolled diabetes should get priority for this med and not someone like the Kardashians or a celebrity who want to lose 15 lb for the Met Gala.

by Anonymousreply 16March 26, 2023 5:17 AM

I agree with that r16, but it is important that we know how they are sourcing these drugs.

by Anonymousreply 17March 26, 2023 5:39 AM

On Mounjaro since last August, down 28 lbs, and now I’m dropping my dosage. I get mine through Sequence. My oncologist endorsed it, because I gained 35lbs on tamoxifen and absolutely nothing worked to take it off for the last decade, and I’ve always eaten healthy anyway. Yes to reduced sugar and alcohol cravings, yes to constipation if you don’t drink enough liquids. Yes to strength training so you still have nice muscles under that thinner skin. Also, hair loss is an issue, so if you go on any of these make sure to take some supplements. My cholesterol was high, and I was pre diabetic. I’ve yet to meet a type 2 diabetic who says they can’t get those meds btw.

by Anonymousreply 18March 26, 2023 5:43 AM

Yeah that shortage has long been fixed. There are a ton of commercials for it on TV

by Anonymousreply 19March 26, 2023 5:46 AM

Btw, these meds are for type 2 diabetics, not type 1. Type one is far more serious than type 2. And Wegovy is specifically for weight loss, fwiw.

by Anonymousreply 20March 26, 2023 5:46 AM

I started Ozempic for a couple of months and I lost 20 lbs (I’m right at 300 lbs). But then they were out of stock and I gained it all back.

When I restarted it, I started at the last dose I was taking (1 mg). Big mistake.

I had what can only be described as horrible anal leakage. Watery diarrhea, and shitting the bed while I was asleep at night. I didn’t have any cramping, but every time I would laugh and cough, I’d shit my pants. I ended up buying Depends to wear day and night.

Obviously I stopped it but it took about 4-5 days to go away.

by Anonymousreply 21March 26, 2023 6:06 AM

A friend of mine has been on it since last summer. He was actually Type 2 diabetic and weighed nearly 400 lbs. He's down over 120 lbs and no longer diabetic. Still has over 100 lbs to go but it's a remarkable difference. It initially made him too sick to eat much of anything but he persisted because he was in his 40s on his second heart attack. He has not exercised at all other than some walking a few times a week.

by Anonymousreply 22March 26, 2023 6:24 AM

I was on Mounjaro for about 2 months since im diabetic and I did lose a few pounds, but I had to stop injecting the drug, because after 2 months of being able to buy it for $25 bucks a month with a discount card from the drug company the price then shot up to about $980 dollars a month. So that was too expensive for me so I had to stop, felt like the drug company was just trying to get me hooked so they could then fleece me.

by Anonymousreply 23March 26, 2023 7:48 AM

All of those drugs sound like a nightmare, but if they make someone healthier I’m all for it.

by Anonymousreply 24March 26, 2023 8:00 AM

Any more O/W/M people want to chime in on this?

by Anonymousreply 25March 27, 2023 7:14 PM

[quote]I'm genuinely curious though what other people's results are so far.

Aren't you just so inquisitive?!? Truly stunning. You believe in natural weight loss for yourself, but you're just so curious you posted this thread anyway. Totally believable! I believe you!

by Anonymousreply 26March 27, 2023 7:23 PM

r26 i don't give a shit what you believe. Believe it or not, both things CAN be true at the same time: i am losing weight without drugs, AND I can't take these drugs because I already have pancreatitis and only half a thyroid, but I'm STILL interested in other people's experiences with them. Yes, I'm curious about it. In the same way if I don't understand something or am not familiar with it, I'll seek out other to talk with them about their experiences/knowledge/expertise or look things up on the internet.

Imagine that!

by Anonymousreply 27March 27, 2023 7:33 PM

[quote]Vodka is my carb.

Gurl.

by Anonymousreply 28March 28, 2023 7:33 AM

Why is Mounjaro not covered, but ozempic is?

by Anonymousreply 29March 29, 2023 5:15 AM

If they were doing exercises, they wouldn't be taking these meds

by Anonymousreply 30June 5, 2023 9:19 PM

How are the side effects?

My sister's ex husband who is diabetic was put on Ozempic and head to have his doctor lower the doses because he was losing weight so fast thag it's ageing him. His face is skinny and saggy.

Are you all experiencing droopy skin from excess fat when the pounds come off so quickly ?

by Anonymousreply 31June 5, 2023 9:54 PM

I go for a run every morning. Last year I notice this short, stumpy looking woman started running/ walking at the same time . Last December I noticed she had lost some weight. Recently I saw her and this woman has sticks for legs. I was tempted to say: Ozempic right?

by Anonymousreply 32June 5, 2023 9:59 PM

^^^no, I don't think the reason has to be Ozempic. People can lose weight - it's maintaining the weight loss that is so hard.

by Anonymousreply 33June 5, 2023 10:17 PM

R17, the doctors who specialize in “medication weight loss” are endocrinologists. Some people get prescriptions from their GPs, but it’s better to work with a practice that knows what it is doing. There is no shortage as far as I can tell; you just get it from a pharmacy. It’s ultra, ultra cheap in other countries. Apparently you can buy it for about $24 a pen in Mexico. Canadian pharmacies (under pressure, I think, from the drug’s manufacturer), have for the moment stopped shipping to the U.S. The only reason the price in the U.S. is so high is that our laws allow pharmaceutical companies to charge whatever they want.

by Anonymousreply 34June 5, 2023 10:30 PM

I think R21 was the “money post” that OP was jonesing for

by Anonymousreply 35June 5, 2023 10:34 PM

Anal leakage strikes again!!!

by Anonymousreply 36June 5, 2023 10:43 PM

What are the milligrams for a "starter/non-shit the bed" dose of Wegovy/Ozempic? And what is the same for Mounjaro?

by Anonymousreply 37June 5, 2023 10:46 PM

R21, tell me you're joking

by Anonymousreply 38June 5, 2023 10:53 PM

On it since last week of January. Type 1 so prescribed off label to help A1C, per my doctor but I wanted it to lose weight. I get used to doses so once I am done losing weight the side effects should wear off. I keep using my dose to lose weight. I’ve lost 35 lbs and am now a normal BMI, but normal is a wide range so I’d like to lose another 20. I get side effects when I up my dose for that first week or so but normally I have some low grade nausea every once and a while. Never actually got sick.

It does so many amazing things besides helping lose weight, it protects the cardiovascular system, they think it preserves the beta cells in the pancreas so as a type 1 I don’t have many, but I have a few and I want to keep them. One man was able to reverse his type 1 regrowing beta cells last year in a study in Texas so I want to keep mine in case whatever he had becomes available. I feel really lucky to be able to get it and I hope they don’t kick me off because they decide it shouldn’t go to type 1s, only type 2.

by Anonymousreply 39June 5, 2023 11:03 PM

I'm r10, I started 3 months ago and I'm down 22lbs. No sagging skin. No booze cravings. This is pretty miraculous.

by Anonymousreply 40June 5, 2023 11:53 PM

The term Miracle drugs scare me. Good luck to all those who have had success with it

by Anonymousreply 41June 6, 2023 12:09 AM

R37, the starting dose for Ozempic is .25 mg. So if you start off at 1 mg after not taking it for a while, as R21 did, you will make yourself incredibly sick.

by Anonymousreply 42June 6, 2023 12:32 AM

Thank you, R42.

by Anonymousreply 43June 6, 2023 12:40 AM

Been on Ozempic 12 days. Insulin resistant and it reminds me of when I first started on Metformin: the weight gain stops and I have more energy. I always walk fast for an hour a day, but now I'm doing significantly more yardwork,housework and organising as well, and have converted some fat to muscle. My diet was already pretty good, but now I'm tweaking it to add yet more non-starchy vegetables and plant protein.

I've exerted myself so much that my back is aching, but that has receded a bit. Still on the 0.25mg dose and hope to stay on just that. I do become resistant to medications, though, so fingers crossed.

by Anonymousreply 44June 6, 2023 10:08 AM

Ozempic week 8, down 15lbs. I just hired a personal trainer. I have also been walking 10000 steps a day but not much cardo or strength training. I am only eating one meal a day now and feel very little hunger. A first for me.

by Anonymousreply 45June 6, 2023 2:58 PM

I'm not fat apart from the big belly. Too much beer, not enough exercise. Would Ozempic/Wegovy be of any help in getting rid of the belly?

by Anonymousreply 46June 6, 2023 4:00 PM

Well you'll definitely lose your appetite for beer and all of the gross foods you crave when you're buzzed and then recovering the day after. So yes, r46

by Anonymousreply 47June 6, 2023 5:06 PM

R47 What? Ozempic can cure alcoholism?

by Anonymousreply 48June 6, 2023 6:47 PM

It did for me r48

by Anonymousreply 49June 6, 2023 6:50 PM

R49 Really? How come it isn't advertised as a cure for alcoholism as well?

by Anonymousreply 50June 6, 2023 6:52 PM

R50, there are only anecdotal reports about this (I believe), but at least for some people it shuts down other compulsive behavior—smoking, drinking, shopping, drug use, even gambling. No one knows how or why it does this.

by Anonymousreply 51June 6, 2023 7:04 PM

R51 beat me to it but yes. There was story on the Today Show a couple of weeks ago about people saying these drugs have helped with alcohol, drugs, and even OCD. The story did mention that these are anecdotal right now and that more studies are needed.

I'm not overweight because I overeat at meal times. I eat when I'm bored, happy, sad, etc. so I would need something that works for emotional eating. Personally, I would love to go with SonoBello but my insurance doesn't cover cosmetic/elective/weight control procedures so it would be completely out of pocket.

by Anonymousreply 52June 6, 2023 7:07 PM

It's like a miracle drug

by Anonymousreply 53June 6, 2023 7:07 PM

But since a lot of drug addicts and alcoholics engage in those behaviors because of depression, does that mean that Ozempic also work as an antidepressant? Hell, even a lot of fat people overstuff themselves because of depression

by Anonymousreply 54June 6, 2023 7:10 PM

R54 they do think Ozempic affects the way the brain absorbs dopamine. It seems to slow the absorption so a lot of the drug seeking/ escapist behaviors don't work anymore. They are studying it now, but it is the mice/ rats stage. They found that the rats/mice also no longer wanted alcohol etc. but there have not be any human studies. Although if anyone is looking for free access to the drugs its likely there is a study enrolling.

by Anonymousreply 55June 6, 2023 7:18 PM

So, is the main way Ozempic helps with weight loss appetite suppressant? Or is there some other thing it does to promote weightloss? If not, that's good for those who overeat (or, those who eat the wrong things.... too many carbs/sugar etc.), but that doesn't seem to be that helpful for people who aren't overeating, but are somewhat overweight, right?

by Anonymousreply 56June 6, 2023 7:59 PM

I also quit biting my nails and I would say quit picking my face, but my skin has cleared up so there's nothing to pick

by Anonymousreply 57June 6, 2023 8:04 PM

It appears that for most DL Fat Whores, the stronger dose of Wegovy is the drug of choice.

by Anonymousreply 58June 6, 2023 8:10 PM

Also, it appears that there is a link between blood sugar levels, appetite suppression, and some OCD behaviors. Is alcoholism a simple addition to carbs?

by Anonymousreply 59June 6, 2023 8:13 PM

R57 So this drug cures pretty much everything. Now just waiting for someone to say they were cured of cancer

by Anonymousreply 60June 6, 2023 9:42 PM

Are chromium supplements similar to ozempic like drugs?

by Anonymousreply 61June 7, 2023 10:28 AM

R59, that’s interesting. I’ve heard that anecdotally in AA, that recovering alcoholics will go nuts with carbs.

by Anonymousreply 62June 7, 2023 11:19 AM

Nowhere near, r61. I take a chromium supplement in addition to Metformin and now Ozempic. I took chromium before Metformin so can appreciate the difference Metformin made and Ozempic does now.

by Anonymousreply 63June 7, 2023 11:44 AM

R63 , did chromium cut down your sugar or carb cravings. Did it have any effect?

by Anonymousreply 64June 7, 2023 4:32 PM

Not really. But I'm insulin resistant, so maybe it is helpful for someonewho isn't. I just take it now as a kind of add-on to make sure my body has anything which *might* help. The meds do the heavy lifting.

Garcinia Cambogia helps with cravings, just take something like milk thistle for your liver.

Also, I usually eat a small amount (a few teaspoons) of Konjac noodles (from Asian grocers) between lunch and dinner. I am hungrier at dinner on the days I skip that.

by Anonymousreply 65June 7, 2023 10:28 PM

I went on and off Chromium Picolinate and every time it increased my appetite and I gained weight.

Never again.

by Anonymousreply 66June 7, 2023 11:00 PM

I'm down 25lbs since mid March.

by Anonymousreply 67June 9, 2023 6:00 PM

Congrats!

by Anonymousreply 68June 9, 2023 9:11 PM

[quote] does that mean that Ozempic also work as an antidepressant?

It appears it may for some people, yes.

by Anonymousreply 69June 13, 2023 6:06 AM

Do any people on antidepressants took Ozempic? Noticed any change, apart from the lack of appetite

by Anonymousreply 70June 13, 2023 9:13 AM

My husband’s ex-wife was on Ozempic but it made her sick. She weighed 300 lbs after a stroke and had to lose weight so she could get the benefit of physical therapy.

by Anonymousreply 71September 6, 2023 12:19 PM

Ozempic for the last two months. Down 30lbs. mild discomfort for the two weeks, Fine now.

by Anonymousreply 72September 6, 2023 2:08 PM

My BIL started Ozempic to lose weight (i'm sure he was pre-diabetic or diabetic as he loves his sweets), and his eating behavior has totally changed- he used to eat a full plate of food plus 2 appetizers. Now he barely finishes 1/2 plate and has lost 30 lbs.

by Anonymousreply 73September 6, 2023 4:57 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!