Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tasteful Friends, the interior decor is crap, but the street appeal is AAAAA++++

Unfortunately, it's in Peoria.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17March 30, 2023 3:33 AM

But will it play in Peoria? That is the question. At least it isn’t Decatur.

by Anonymousreply 1March 25, 2023 3:49 PM

Decatur little Chicago

by Anonymousreply 2March 25, 2023 3:51 PM

That is a lot of house and yard for $250,000!

by Anonymousreply 3March 25, 2023 3:52 PM

Does Peoria stink like shit?

by Anonymousreply 4March 25, 2023 3:52 PM

R4 No, CockGobbler left.

by Anonymousreply 5March 25, 2023 3:57 PM

The powder blue and grey walls have got to go. The painted fireplace is unforgiveable. The furniture needs to be more formal, contemporary yet classic and simple. Those fucking wreaths and cutesy colonial items need to be burned. Could be very nice. And yes, the location SUCKS.

by Anonymousreply 6March 25, 2023 4:00 PM

I hate the textured walls, but I do like the kitchen, and the place itself has good "bones."

But Peoria? Fuck that shit.

by Anonymousreply 7March 25, 2023 4:08 PM

If you want to see a few mansions for sale in Peoria check out listings for 61606 and sort by highest price.

by Anonymousreply 8March 25, 2023 4:10 PM

Wow that house is quite something.

by Anonymousreply 9March 25, 2023 4:10 PM

I don’t agree about the curb appeal. I don’t like the way it’s oriented on the lot and I think the symmetry is out of place in a Tudor revival and turrets are tacky unless they are on a huge pre-war Tudor revival and not the central theme.

This looks like a tacky Disney-world inspired mistake.

by Anonymousreply 10March 25, 2023 4:15 PM

The exterior, while being one of the better aspects, still needs work. The bluish grey paint is wrong. Either a dark true grey (no blue), or a darkish tan to go with the warmer brick. And it's unfortunate the neighbors are so close. Tall bushes on both sides in front to block them out would be a huge plus.

by Anonymousreply 11March 25, 2023 4:18 PM

250k? Wait, I CAN retire!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12March 25, 2023 4:23 PM

$250k is too much for a 3bd in Peoria.

by Anonymousreply 13March 25, 2023 4:28 PM

Turret!

by Anonymousreply 14March 25, 2023 5:22 PM

The ceilings look a bit low in places. Kinda oppressive.

by Anonymousreply 15March 25, 2023 11:17 PM

Interesting story in The NY Times today about people moving to Peoria for the affordable old houses.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16March 30, 2023 3:31 AM

The Washington Post did an article about the same thing a couple years ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17March 30, 2023 3:33 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!