Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Have you ever been on the stage or screen?

With so many items on actors, I would be interested in hearing of your acting careers and how far you got.

by Anonymousreply 16March 26, 2023 5:43 AM

I was a stage twunk, did a couple of award winning shows on stage, often bare chested, moved on the TV and films, worked with the likes of Ivory, Bates, Suzman, Chereau, Paltrow, Mc Dormand, that kind of scene, saw the writing on the wall early and moved on to washed up twunks shores = coaching, physical therapy (= massage), and stuff like that. Did better for myself than I could have if I had been foolish enough to stay in the biz.

by Anonymousreply 1March 25, 2023 2:43 PM

I’m curious too if actors are having an easier time getting work these days, what with the explosion of streaming outlets and the like producing content.

by Anonymousreply 2March 25, 2023 2:45 PM

R1 Chereau huh? Interesting you.

by Anonymousreply 3March 25, 2023 2:46 PM

not really. He was boring, and cunty

by Anonymousreply 4March 25, 2023 2:51 PM

I'm considering taking out a loan to stage my own production.

by Anonymousreply 5March 25, 2023 2:54 PM

No, but my costumes have.

by Anonymousreply 6March 25, 2023 2:56 PM

R1 still longs to stage A Doll's House, so he can play Nora at long last.

by Anonymousreply 7March 25, 2023 2:57 PM

I have yes. In the 80s through early 90s I was in NYC and LA performing on stage, even Broadway (the legitimate theater) as well as TV. And some film. Took a 20-year hiatus and now I am acting again but doing more character roles, which I love! I’m located in Toronto now.

by Anonymousreply 8March 25, 2023 2:59 PM

R8 are you Maxwell Caulfield ?

by Anonymousreply 9March 25, 2023 3:04 PM

I'm a narcissist, so stage wouldn't be enough for me. I have no interest in acting, but if I did, it would have to be television or movies. I'd want to be immortalized on screen.

by Anonymousreply 10March 25, 2023 3:04 PM

Some of my younger relatives and their friends were extras on a Gus Van Sant film. He would offer rides home to the boys but didn’t want their girlfriends to come along.

by Anonymousreply 11March 25, 2023 3:05 PM

R7 why would you say that ? I don't understand what made you think of that particular part in my post

by Anonymousreply 12March 25, 2023 3:06 PM

Sorry to hear that r4

by Anonymousreply 13March 25, 2023 3:07 PM

R13 I was the sorrier, because he had such a reputation as a great director, and I was thrilled to meet him. He was very short and dumpy in person, not at all attractive, and very bitchy. I wasn't the only one to hate the experience. Mark Rylance (lovely and talented man) told me it was the worst experience of his entire career, and he almost had a breakdown

by Anonymousreply 14March 25, 2023 3:11 PM

R9 No, I was born in the US. And I’m not married to a woman.

by Anonymousreply 15March 26, 2023 2:13 AM

R10 is ready for his close-up, Mr DeMille.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16March 26, 2023 5:43 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!