Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

My husband is giving me the silent treatment.

Me and my husband are taking a small road trip this weekend. Nothing too fancy, just a 4 hour drive to a small town on the coast. I planned the trip so we could have a good experience together. Not a lot of planning, mind you, but I did book our hotel, do all the driving, and plan what we would do.

Yesterday was a fun day, and we went shopping, explored and had a nice meal.

We we’re taking a ferry today so a small island and I am really looking forward to it. This morning, I went to the car to get my jacket and when when back in the room, I was laying on the bed while he was in the bathroom. My shoes were on, but my feet were off the bed and shoes not touching the bed.

He saw this, got upset and said “don’t wear your shoes in the bed!”. I told him they were not in the bed, but he said they were close enough and it was gross. I kicked my shoes off but was a little upset because 1. Its a hotel, not our own bed and the shoes were not in the bed and 2. It was 8 am, can’t I get a good morning or something first?

Anyway now he isn’t talking to me. I didn’t yell at him or anything, so I really think he is just trying to punish me for being upset with him. I already apologized to him, told him why I was upset, and asked him if we could just put it behind us so we could have a nice trip.

He still is ignoring me. He hasn’t spoke to me for the 45 minutes to the ferry terminal or on this ferry ride. I should be able to enjoy this beautiful sea but instead I am stuck on DL replaying what I did wrong.

by Anonymousreply 127April 1, 2023 8:45 AM

Count your blessings.

by Anonymousreply 1March 25, 2023 11:16 AM

I hope this doesn't sound harsh, OP, but the best thing at this point is if this ferry capsizes with you both on it. There is no other way forward.

by Anonymousreply 2March 25, 2023 11:18 AM

Just kill yourself OP

by Anonymousreply 3March 25, 2023 11:25 AM

He has some sort of issue communicating why he's upset. It's frustrating, confusing and upsetting to be treated like this.

If you let it repeat he'll use it as a form of punishment again and again. It's not a mature way to handle conflict and is destructive.

Being ignored is akin to death and causes real psychological harm. You could end up somatizing this.

Give him space and when you're able, ask if there's something else going on.

by Anonymousreply 4March 25, 2023 11:26 AM

[quote]Me and my husband

I hoped that this meant we had a new story from the Shit Brickhouse Troll, and was crestfallen to see the subject-verb agreement ("are").

by Anonymousreply 5March 25, 2023 11:29 AM

OP, he knows he was wrong but in typical fashion, he is blaming you for making him realize that he was rude. Hopefully he’ll be mature enough to realize that and apologize but if this is a pattern…

by Anonymousreply 6March 25, 2023 11:29 AM

Your husband seems like a real jackass, OP. Tell him he's being childish and you have no intention of letting him spoil your day, then go off to do your own thing. Let him stew and sulk by himself while you have fun.

After vacation, you might want to do some serious thinking about this relationship.

by Anonymousreply 7March 25, 2023 11:34 AM

He’s clearly cheating on you.

by Anonymousreply 8March 25, 2023 11:35 AM

He sounds like an overly touchy ass. Maybe you should beat him. Show him who's boss. Touchy asses need a need a good ass whoopin' once in a while.

by Anonymousreply 9March 25, 2023 11:37 AM

My husband has his crabby "periods." He's more or less learned to lay low when he is in that mood so not many conflicts happen anymore. If one does happen, I know it is not me and don't let it bother me. I have plenty to do with or without him.

by Anonymousreply 10March 25, 2023 11:37 AM

That is so petty, sulking. OP I agree with R7, don't allow him to ruin your trip. Did he not want to go on this trip? If he really didn't want to he should have been honest with you about it.

by Anonymousreply 11March 25, 2023 11:39 AM

OP, "Me and my husband" Where did you learn English?

by Anonymousreply 12March 25, 2023 11:43 AM

[quote]I kicked my shoes off

So instead of making an effort to take them off you just kicked them off while laying there.

Extra cunt points if you were looking at him when you did it.

by Anonymousreply 13March 25, 2023 11:43 AM

R11 He did want to go. Actually with the exception of the island, I have been here many times. But he hasn’t and since we are moving away I wanted him to experience it with me.

I just don’t understand what I did to warrant literally now 3 hours of silent treatment. In the past, I had a bad temper and so I went to therapy because how it was effecting him. I am proud to say I did not lose my temper or yell at him. But, I have told him many times that him giving me the silent treatment hurts me. I don’t mind giving him alone time, to calm down, but three hours! All because I told him I didn’t like for him to get mad that I was wearing shoes while in bed?

I would go on my own and bike around the island, but he doesn’t ride a bike and will have to be on a shuttle tour alone and I don’t want him to get bored.

But I will just ignore him, enjoy the sights in the tour, and maybe he will come around.

by Anonymousreply 14March 25, 2023 11:45 AM

R13 They are sneakers, and I didn’t kick them across the room. I just slipped them off with my feet.

by Anonymousreply 15March 25, 2023 11:46 AM

Liar.

by Anonymousreply 16March 25, 2023 11:46 AM

Hell is other people

by Anonymousreply 17March 25, 2023 11:47 AM

OP, don't quit your day job.

by Anonymousreply 18March 25, 2023 11:48 AM

Surely OP, you were aware that this is part of his personality, long before you married him? I can see this getting worse over the years, unless you develop better ways of communicating with each other.

by Anonymousreply 19March 25, 2023 11:51 AM

[quote]Being ignored is akin to death

I couldn't agree with you more!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20March 25, 2023 11:55 AM

R19 He was always like this, but I thought I could just try harder and not make him upset. And I agree it will get worse, but I asked him to work on it but he won’t. I asked him to go to a therapy session with me, and he won’t.

Actually even though we are moving next month to a new country, he has started applying for jobs in a different city. Part of me thinks he may be wanting to separate, and only staying with me until he finds a job

by Anonymousreply 21March 25, 2023 11:57 AM

OP/R14 You used the word “literally” which gives him every right to despise you.

by Anonymousreply 22March 25, 2023 11:58 AM

0/10

by Anonymousreply 23March 25, 2023 12:01 PM

R21 OP, how many clues do you need?

He is applying for jobs in other cities. How much more of a indication do you need to understand that he wants to move on without you?

This is not about shoes or getting the silent treatment. It's about him being too much of a chicken-shit to break up with you and he's trying to sabotage the relationship through passive-aggressive behavior.

How old are the two of you and how long have you been a couple? And how often do you have passionate sex these days?

by Anonymousreply 24March 25, 2023 12:16 PM

And OP, not to sound rude, but your husband also ditched you on Valentine's Day. (according to your other post about your husband)

He does not respect you and he wants out.

by Anonymousreply 25March 25, 2023 12:30 PM

I don't fuck with passive aggressive.

Ignore the silent treatment and conduct yourself like nothing happened.

It takes two to dysfunction.

by Anonymousreply 26March 25, 2023 12:41 PM

[quote]I should be able to enjoy this beautiful sea but instead I am stuck on DL replaying what I did wrong.

Your husband made a choice to be an asshole, and then you made a choice to remove yourself from a moment you might've still tried to enjoy without him. R26 is correct that it takes two to maintain this dynamic.

by Anonymousreply 27March 25, 2023 12:46 PM

This is something I used to do to people, before I learned through hard karma how to communicate more respectfully, and before I got a long-overdue diagnosis for autism. I lost relationships with all my friends and some of my family because of my behaviour.

OP, if your DH can’t or won’t acknowledge that he’s treating people this way and that it needs to change, then give him the keys to the street (easier said than done, I know). You deserve better from a partner and you can’t change him. Change is conscious accountability work he has to do himself in his own time, and you oughtn’t stick around to be a free therapist/punching ba while he does.

by Anonymousreply 28March 25, 2023 12:47 PM

When that bitch told you that wearing your shoes in/on bed was gross, the correct response was:

"My big dick is dirty, too, from fucking your hot ass last night. I just can't get enough, after all these years, hunny. Why don't you come over here and clean it with your purdy mouth."

by Anonymousreply 29March 25, 2023 12:47 PM

I once apologized to my bf for giving him the silent treatment but he said he hadn't noticed.

by Anonymousreply 30March 25, 2023 12:50 PM

He sounds like a twat. When I read stuff like that it makes me glad I'm single. I haven't got the patience to put up with unreasonable behaviour as outlined by OP.

by Anonymousreply 31March 25, 2023 12:51 PM

Imagine marrying a man lol

by Anonymousreply 32March 25, 2023 12:52 PM

one gets the husband that one deserves , OP

by Anonymousreply 33March 25, 2023 12:54 PM

Does your relationship tiff history include parsley and cilantro, OP?

by Anonymousreply 34March 25, 2023 1:10 PM

Go to the urinal on that ferry and pickup a trashy townie. Leave your husband on the dock as you climb on behind the townie on his motorcycle and shoot off.

by Anonymousreply 35March 25, 2023 1:13 PM

[quote]They are sneakers, and I didn’t kick them across the room. I just slipped them off with my feet.

Because the best place for dirty shoes is at the foot of the bed. Maybe it's your laziness that pisses him off.

by Anonymousreply 36March 25, 2023 1:15 PM

[quote]I hope this doesn't sound harsh, OP, but the best thing at this point is if this ferry capsizes with you both on it. There is no other way forward.

And don't get any stupid ideas about never letting go.

by Anonymousreply 37March 25, 2023 1:17 PM

When you have to come to DL for relationship advice over something like this... I'd lose ten pounds and update your Scruff profile.

by Anonymousreply 38March 25, 2023 1:18 PM

Why can’t you just be grateful you have a husband, OP? You should be sucking his dick right now, instead of whining on Datalounge. No one else will love you.

by Anonymousreply 39March 25, 2023 1:18 PM

Well, I know we're all sex positive at all costs, R39, but I think they're still on the ferry. Let's not add indecent exposure charges to the list of relationship woes.

by Anonymousreply 40March 25, 2023 1:19 PM

Getting super mad about something small and really not important like this is usually about something else. So you're going to have to stop analysing why his reaction to this was stupid (which I 100% agree was dumb) and understand that it's really about other things and this is just a convenient way to express his anger/passive aggression.

by Anonymousreply 41March 25, 2023 1:22 PM

OP, if you were anywhere above 7" down there, your husband would think your dirty shoes on the bed are sexy. You're obviously under endowed, are loosing your looks, and should accept to downsize to a more compatible partner.

by Anonymousreply 42March 25, 2023 1:25 PM

HEAVEN! I'd grab some booze and have fun, right in his FUCKING face.

by Anonymousreply 43March 25, 2023 1:28 PM

This thread has me thinking ChatGPT isn't quite ready for prime time

by Anonymousreply 44March 25, 2023 1:34 PM

I'm passive aggressive and prone to giving silent treatments. I'm just not good at fighting it out.

by Anonymousreply 45March 25, 2023 1:37 PM

R45 You should at least try to communicate why someone has upset you. My mother would tell me about how her mother would give her the silent treatment (and I myself experienced it, randomly, for no good reason that I could think of). My mother cut off her mother when I was in my teens. I just think it's a pretty cowardly way to deal with things. Better to at least explain or tell someone why you're giving them the silent treatment so that they have a chance to repent. If they don't, then sure, continue to cut them off. But the way some people use silent treatments seems fairly cowardly to me.

by Anonymousreply 46March 25, 2023 1:42 PM

Joel would never act so crassly.

by Anonymousreply 47March 25, 2023 1:45 PM

Consider also that the husband may have serious anger problems, a history of abuse, and/or depression. That's the case with my father who often goes mute on people. He's accidentally outbursted a couple of times before that if he expresses his issues or why he's upset, he'll start lashing out verbally or physically, and he's scared he won't be able to stop. He is from a poor hick background, one of ten kids, and was neglected and beat by his parents as a child. It's no excuse, of course, but an explanation is not always an allowance.

OP may be in danger here (gurl).

by Anonymousreply 48March 25, 2023 1:46 PM

[quote] He did want to go. Actually with the exception of the island… so I went to therapy because how it was effecting [sic] him. I am proud to say I did not lose my temper or yell at him… All because I told him I didn’t like for him to get mad that I was wearing shoes while in bed?

1. It’s not because you had shoes on the bed. It’s your whole dynamic. I’m guessing you’re a very assertive Type A and in general he feels invalidated.

2. To wit: why are you forcing him to go to the island? He didn’t want to go. He’s silent because he’s on the ferry thinking, “I didn’t even want to go to this fucking island.”

You state you planned everything and used to get so mad at him that you sought therapy. Why are you proud of yourself for not yelling at HIM for expressing his normal feelings about you having dirty shoes near the bedding? Did he want to plan something for the trip — or maybe he likes spontaneity.

Also you thinking it was more acceptable to put your feet up because it wasn’t even your bed can be an issue of respect of service people as well.

In relationships things are cumulative. Maybe you already bossed him around before he even got in the shower. Did you overrule what he wanted to do for breakfast? What he wanted to do instead of the island? In wanting to share what YOU think is best, do you blow off his wishes?

Ask him if any of this is right, because type a people have a hard time putting themselves in other people’s shoes, (pun not intended) feelings-wise.

Many people would have said to his understandable bed reaction, “Oh sorry that skeeved you out.” or “I wasn’t thinking. Of course I’ll take my shoes off!” But perhaps you audibly sighed, said “whatever” and rolled your eyes.

by Anonymousreply 49March 25, 2023 1:47 PM

OP is such a dumb bitch - and serial EST shitposter.

Her “my boyfriend is too passionate” thread is still around from last month.

There is no boyfriend, no shoes, no ferry, and no fight. WTF is wrong with you OP?

by Anonymousreply 50March 25, 2023 2:00 PM

How long have you two been together?

by Anonymousreply 51March 25, 2023 2:26 PM

I think an "accident" on the ferry is in order, OP. Push that cunt off. If he survives, make sure he drags his wet ass back to the hotel to find your shoes on his pillow.

He sounds like an ungrateful twat who wants out, so give him a good push.

by Anonymousreply 52March 25, 2023 2:37 PM

In true EST fashion you should have referred to him as his “Husbear”.

by Anonymousreply 53March 25, 2023 2:40 PM

What R53 said. Also, there should be mention of a basket of fruit and wine, or cookies. No EST is complete without a basket handmade at the art and craft fair in The Dalles, filled with treats, that you delivered at the neighbor/future husband 's door.

by Anonymousreply 54March 25, 2023 2:49 PM

OP, spank your husband, hump him silly, film it & post it at The Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 55March 25, 2023 2:59 PM

Why do people write ESTs? Do they get off on lying (which they call creativity?) Are they trying to put some color in their otherwise dull lives? Are they aspiring fiction writers? Are they fantasists? Psychotic? Is this their idea of content creation?

Serious question, EST-writers. Why do YOU do it?

by Anonymousreply 56March 25, 2023 3:00 PM

I've done it because it's so easy to push DL's buttons and fun to watch it freak out. Don't blame me. Blame yourselves, Old Faithfuls.

by Anonymousreply 57March 25, 2023 3:20 PM

And in fairness, I haven't done it in a long time. But if anybody remembers Janis the lesbian vegan coming to Thanksgiving, that was me. All hell broke loose. It was great.

by Anonymousreply 58March 25, 2023 3:20 PM

My favorite part of an EST is when it's established (or admitted) it isn an EST and people still freak out for three hundred more posts.

by Anonymousreply 59March 25, 2023 3:23 PM

is this straight people's problems?

by Anonymousreply 60March 25, 2023 3:30 PM

lol at the poster who said he apologized to his partner for giving him the silent treatment, and Mr Charming replied he hadn't noticed. thanks mate

by Anonymousreply 61March 25, 2023 3:30 PM

R60 It’s no people’s problem because it didn’t happen.

by Anonymousreply 62March 25, 2023 3:31 PM

You should both jump off the side of the ferry.

by Anonymousreply 63March 25, 2023 3:33 PM

Better yet, OP, jump off the front of the ferry so you end up shredded by the motors as the ship passes over you.

by Anonymousreply 64March 25, 2023 3:33 PM

Tell your husband that you're into men, not tantrum toddlers and go out and fuck around with some hot men.

by Anonymousreply 65March 25, 2023 3:41 PM

It’s over, OP. Get a divorce, like now. He’s just not into you.

by Anonymousreply 66March 25, 2023 3:42 PM

suck his dick n continue sucking his dick after he cums

by Anonymousreply 67March 25, 2023 3:45 PM

Drink through it, hon. And take all the money before he does. Let him move to another city. Change the locks. Get a divorce. Smoke week. Take up yoga. Find a hot younger guy and fuck yourself silly.

by Anonymousreply 68March 25, 2023 3:57 PM

Smoke weed

by Anonymousreply 69March 25, 2023 3:59 PM

Maybe play MY HEART WILL GO ON while embracing on the bow of the ferry and then fling the diamond necklace into the water

by Anonymousreply 70March 25, 2023 4:03 PM

This reminds me of

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71March 25, 2023 4:26 PM

R71 Urgh not those fake grifting weirdos.

by Anonymousreply 72March 25, 2023 4:29 PM

It's an obvious EST, but is it straight, though? I don't care for this content here.

by Anonymousreply 73March 25, 2023 4:44 PM

I've posted quite a lot on this thread, but TBH I couldn't bother to read the OP until the end, so I have no idea R73

by Anonymousreply 74March 25, 2023 4:48 PM

This isn’t an EST. Yes, I also did post about him standing me up on Valentines day, but we resolved that when DL told me to get over it. As for the EST about the too passionate lover, that was just a partial EST - it was inspired by a past Spanish lover I had who was too passionate (what I left out of the EST was that he was also smelly which is why I ended it). The way some of you track who post what is kinda creepy however. I also posted an hilarious EST about getting fired for singing Mame which was well received, a thread about TV pilots which was lukewarm, and a few duds here and there.

Anyway, after about 3 hours (at 12:40) I saw he was looking at a scarf in a handicraft shop and asked if he would get it. He said no, because it was too expensive. I thought we would go back to talking but he still kept ignoring me. So, I had another talk with him. I told him that I have worked hard to stop snapping him, but I don’t understand why he can’t work hard on his silent treatment bullshit. I told him I don’t mind giving him time to cool off if we have a disagreement but 3 hours is ridiculous, especially when he knows I have been looking forward to the trip.

Anyway he didn’t budge and so I finally took DLs advice and had fun on my own. I walked away from him, and enjoyed myself. I also had a nice lunch. By the time he got to the tour bus area the bus was soon to depart so he had to settle for a small sandwich. I actually did text him and ask if he wanted food but he didn’t get the text due to signal.

At the next stop, I actually fell down (I have bad balance and often fall). It wasn’t bad but I did scratch my hand and it was a little bloody. He didn’t see me fall but he did see my hand afterwards because he came over with a bottle of water and washed it off. Then we started talking again. He also had bought me a little something at the gift shop when we were fighting.

Now we are fine. And having fun. We are on the ferry back to the mainland now. Still, tonight I would like to bring up the silent treatment and also ask why he got so mad. I also want to address the job thing, but maybe on Monday after our trip is over.

by Anonymousreply 75March 25, 2023 4:55 PM

Maybe you would be better off married to another neurodivergent guy like yourself, with autism.

by Anonymousreply 76March 25, 2023 5:02 PM

R49 You have a lot of assumptions. Let me set you straight.

I didn’t “spring” the trip on him. He wanted to go. In fact, like I said, I have been here twice but he hasn’t so I took him because we are leaving the country soon. I planned the trip because he doesn’t plan anything. He used to plan trips for us, and often when we go elsewhere to travel he will do research and help plan. But he usually doesn’t do any weekend plans for us. But I asked and he wanted to come here. He also wanted to come to the island.

As for the shoes, like I said, the shoes were not in the bed. I was in the bed, half sitting, half laying, and legs and feet dangling off the bed. My shoes were on because I went to the car to get a jacket, and then we were going to leave again once he got out the bathroom. Why would I take off my shoes when I was going to leave again in 5 minutes. And, stop your histrionics about me being rude to service staff. If I am staying in a hotel, of course I am going to relax a bit more than normal. And again, having my legs hanging off the bed is hardly dirty.

As for breakfast or whatever you are on, we didn’t have it because he were going to get it on the way to the terminal. So no, I didn’t ignore his breakfast decisions.

by Anonymousreply 77March 25, 2023 5:04 PM

There are ways of dealing with this sort of sticky situation.

by Anonymousreply 78March 25, 2023 5:07 PM

"I was laying on the bed"

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 79March 25, 2023 5:22 PM

R56 And to answer your question, I will flip it on you. What do you dislike about EST? Would you prefer more threads about the royal family, aging porn stars, and Trump lovers? ESTs keep the place fresh and fun. The only issue with EST are when hall monitors like you scold everyone for enjoying them.

by Anonymousreply 80March 25, 2023 5:24 PM

I smell trouble. In the past with boyfriends I was ready to kick to the curb, I would start making big deals out of things that weren't so I'd have a case when I wanted to break up. OP made a point to say that he planned the trip, blah blah. It sounds like your husband isn't that into this little weekend getaway and is definitely not into the island. OP pushed the island (Catalina?) on hubby when he knew he was either an out of shape fat whore or simply doesn't like cycling around. Also, OP mentioned this would be their last time to make a trip like this before they moved. Is the move in total agreement? Why are you moving and how do you both feel about it?

Two very important questions to give this a final verdict. How often are you having sex and who is top/bottom?

by Anonymousreply 81March 25, 2023 5:30 PM

R82 I move a lot for work. Thats the deal. He knew this before he married me. And I already said he wanted to go on this trip. He is not fat, he just doesn’t know how to ride a bike.

by Anonymousreply 82March 25, 2023 5:35 PM

Just out of curiosity, how does he not know how ride a bike, R82?

[quote] I move a lot for work. Thats the deal. He knew this before he married me.

Is he happy about the move or is it just part of the deal? Are you the breadwinner for the household? Who is the top?

by Anonymousreply 83March 25, 2023 5:42 PM

Is this shit about two men? Please? I don't want to read long screeds about straight people.

by Anonymousreply 84March 25, 2023 5:51 PM

Any amber alerts? Men overboard? Failing relationship hissing or at we locked in this doom loop of silence and looking for help in all the wrong places?

I care, man. I'm invested. We're here for you. We won't be any use, but we're here.

by Anonymousreply 85March 25, 2023 5:53 PM

[quote]tonight I would like to bring up the silent treatment and also ask why he got so mad.

Good idea. Perfect timing.

by Anonymousreply 86March 25, 2023 5:56 PM

OP, you're a Frau, aren't you?

by Anonymousreply 87March 25, 2023 6:05 PM

[quote] He hasn’t spoke to me for

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 88March 25, 2023 6:20 PM

Is OP a woman? And I don’t mean the tranny kind.

by Anonymousreply 89March 25, 2023 6:21 PM

Let’s take guess as to where OP’s husband will bury his body.

by Anonymousreply 90March 25, 2023 6:22 PM

Burial at sea. Duh. That ferry has to do a return trip.

by Anonymousreply 91March 25, 2023 6:24 PM

Angry sex in a dom/sub role play way makes it all better. Trust me.

by Anonymousreply 92March 25, 2023 6:57 PM

My parents would sometimes give eachother the silent treatment for 1-2 months. Naturally I did the same to friends when I got upset. Fortunately I grew out of it but my siblings weren't so lucky.

by Anonymousreply 93March 25, 2023 7:05 PM

Push him off the ferry.

by Anonymousreply 94March 25, 2023 7:10 PM

R2 is why Datalounge is the best site on the webs.

Hahahaha.

by Anonymousreply 95March 25, 2023 10:54 PM

R93 1-2 months!! Omg that is really horrible. Very pathological.

by Anonymousreply 96March 26, 2023 2:23 PM

When you walk outside you step in all sorts of things including dog shit. Get your fucking shoes off the bed. Maybe he’s pissed because you keep doing it and disregard his simple request?

by Anonymousreply 97March 26, 2023 3:33 PM

Does this emotional setup mirror the dynamics you learned in your childhood, OP? Does experience tell you that he’ll starve you of his attention until you grovel? His response is disproportionate to what you did. You could try mind reading forever and never get at whatever he’s not divulging. And he doesn’t want to go see a counselor with you.

It’s a mess. Take care of yourself.

by Anonymousreply 98March 26, 2023 4:00 PM

I feel like this is a straight couple. Still no response as to who is the top/bottom and frequency of sex.

by Anonymousreply 99March 26, 2023 5:45 PM

R99 We are gay.

Vers.

He isn’t having sex with me much anymore.

Happy?

by Anonymousreply 100March 26, 2023 5:46 PM

Yes, thank you. Also, do you pay all the bills and what's the follow up on the post island visit. Are you all talking now?

by Anonymousreply 101March 26, 2023 5:49 PM

R100, but who's more the top? (And we all know one partner always is)

by Anonymousreply 102March 26, 2023 5:49 PM

And who has the bigger cock? If it's the temperamental husband who is hung like a horse (is that why he can't ride a bike), you might need to make more provisions, especially if you are a very bottom, to R102 's point.

by Anonymousreply 103March 26, 2023 5:57 PM

This EST has jumped so many sharks it feels like Marinland

by Anonymousreply 104March 26, 2023 9:12 PM

And still no mention of OP's puny cocklet.

by Anonymousreply 105March 26, 2023 9:39 PM

They should both push each other off the ferry and be done with it.

by Anonymousreply 106March 27, 2023 5:16 AM

In the end, he gave me the silent treatment from 9:00 to 3:00 PM. He stopped when he saw me slip and fall, and used some water to rinse off the tiny droplet of blood on my hand. I wasn’t really hurt so it was sweet.

On the bus ride, I explained that what he did wasn’t okay, regardless of the shoe thing. I said in the future if you give me the silent treatment, at least give me a time limit so I don’t let my anxiety take over.

We had a good rest of the trip. As for the job thing, I will not bring it up because I have a lot going on.

by Anonymousreply 107March 30, 2023 10:53 AM

Well, it's certainly nice we got to live through this seminal life event with you.

by Anonymousreply 108March 30, 2023 12:49 PM

Are you sure the issue with the shoes hasn’t come up before? Do you tend to be a filthy slob?

by Anonymousreply 109March 30, 2023 7:01 PM

We can now finally breathe that sigh relief we've been waiting for OP.

Finally.

Thank you Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 110March 30, 2023 7:08 PM

Should take a ferry on Lake Superior, on a stormy day. 🌊

by Anonymousreply 111March 30, 2023 7:09 PM

I neglected to mention that after I kicked my shoes off, I lowered my trousers and took a big shit on his side of the bed.

I have IBS - don’t judge me.

by Anonymousreply 112March 30, 2023 7:16 PM

You need to sit your husband down and ask what he honestly wants in a partner. Then change yourself into that person.

Clearly you are failing him. Why are you deliberately driving him away by displeasing him?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113March 30, 2023 10:37 PM

You are exhausting, OP. You are either a woman or one of those extremely fussy, insufferable old gays. Your follow up post showed your cards.

by Anonymousreply 114March 31, 2023 3:15 AM

R107 in R75 you said he didn’t see you fall, but in R107 you said he did.

by Anonymousreply 115March 31, 2023 6:40 AM

OP, you should consult with the Catholic Church and see about scheduling an exorcism for yourself. Kicking the shoes off while lying on the bed is proof of demonic possession.

by Anonymousreply 116March 31, 2023 6:46 AM

R115 I was just paraphrasing.

by Anonymousreply 117March 31, 2023 6:49 AM

[quote] OP, you should consult with the Catholic Church and see about scheduling an exorcism for yourself. Kicking the shoes off while lying on the bed is proof of demonic possession.

Let me know if I can help.

by Anonymousreply 118March 31, 2023 9:36 PM

Greg, we were hoping the exorcism could take place in your kitchen. Hope that's okay.

by Anonymousreply 119March 31, 2023 10:56 PM

R118 He was giving me the silent treatment, not the silent but deadly treatment that your prunes are sure to create.

by Anonymousreply 120April 1, 2023 1:05 AM

[quote] Greg, we were hoping the exorcism could take place in your kitchen. Hope that's okay.

Yes, of course.

My kitchen is spotless. Its counters are clutter-free.

Everything in it is white.

There is a faint scent of geranium.

All these things excel at driving away the enemy.

I’ll make tea.

by Anonymousreply 121April 1, 2023 4:18 AM

I would recommend that you put a dirty shoe on his pillow very close to his face, the next morning m, so he wakes up to seeing a dirty shoe. He’s clearly in need of some psychological warfare.

by Anonymousreply 122April 1, 2023 4:25 AM

💩

👠

🧵

by Anonymousreply 123April 1, 2023 4:28 AM

If you follow Miss Crawford’s advice, I suggest you place some paper toweling beneath the dirty shoe so as not to soil the pillow slips.

I’m certain Lucille would agree.

by Anonymousreply 124April 1, 2023 4:30 AM

Drag your ass across his side of the bed like a dog does after using the facilities. Then he can finally be free of you.

by Anonymousreply 125April 1, 2023 4:30 AM

Tell him you’d never realized till now how much he reminds you of your mother.

by Anonymousreply 126April 1, 2023 8:13 AM

OP, how I wish you’d give us the silent treatment.

by Anonymousreply 127April 1, 2023 8:45 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!