Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why wasn't Ann-Margret even mentioned in that "Elvis" movie.

Did Lisa Maria hate her?

by Anonymousreply 30April 1, 2023 7:58 PM

If they gave scenes to all the floozies Elvis fucked the movie would have had no time left for Colonel Parker.

by Anonymousreply 1March 25, 2023 12:15 PM

But she was the love of his life, r1!

by Anonymousreply 2March 25, 2023 12:17 PM

Can't imagine if they made a movie about Ann-Margret and didn't include Elvis.

by Anonymousreply 3March 25, 2023 1:41 PM

Lisa Maria was a cunt!

by Anonymousreply 4March 25, 2023 10:08 PM

Priscilla probably wouldn’t have liked that. I doubt Ann will be featured in Sofia Coppola’s upcoming movie either.

by Anonymousreply 5March 25, 2023 10:30 PM

Priscilla likes to pretend there was no one else but her. She's his widow, don't you know.

by Anonymousreply 6March 25, 2023 10:41 PM

Ann-Margret was the only female co-star who could really give Elvis a run for his money onscreen. And that includes MTM.

by Anonymousreply 7March 25, 2023 11:07 PM

R7 What about Barbara Stanwyck, in Roustabout?

by Anonymousreply 8March 26, 2023 1:32 AM

^Well, her dick was certainly bigger.

by Anonymousreply 9March 26, 2023 3:29 AM

God'll get you for that, Walter.

by Anonymousreply 10March 26, 2023 3:37 AM

Linda Thompson was pissed she wasn’t in the Elvis movie. I don’t blame her tbh. She was an important part of Elvis’s final years.

by Anonymousreply 11March 26, 2023 6:32 AM

Lisa seemed to have some sort of relationship with Linda these last few years. I'm sure Cilla wasn't happy about it.

by Anonymousreply 12March 26, 2023 7:34 PM

How come I wasn’t in the movie? I produced Elvis’ first movie and some of his first concerts. I knew Elvis before Tom Parker.

by Anonymousreply 13March 26, 2023 7:46 PM

A-M always came off as a trashy tart. I wouldn't give her a minute of time either.

by Anonymousreply 14March 26, 2023 8:01 PM

Well, Elvis gave her several minutes of his time, r14. His drug addicted daughter was a nasty cunt, and probably asked for Ann not to be mentioned.

by Anonymousreply 15March 26, 2023 8:05 PM

All Cybil Shepherd is known for these days are her endless stories about teaching Elvis how to eat pussy. What is it with women and Elvis?

by Anonymousreply 16March 26, 2023 8:33 PM

Priscilla also acts like she was Elvis’s widow and constantly monetizes their relationship but she divorced him and was with Marco Garibaldi for 22 years.

by Anonymousreply 17March 26, 2023 9:34 PM

Rita Moreno is 91 and still talking about how Elvis wasn’t a hound dog in bed lol.

by Anonymousreply 18March 26, 2023 9:35 PM

Mamie has spoken

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19March 26, 2023 9:41 PM

I believe the reason is because nobody gives a shit about Ann-Margret.

by Anonymousreply 20March 26, 2023 10:17 PM

[quote] "Ann-Margret was the only female co-star who could really give Elvis a run for his money onscreen. And that includes MTM."

Angela Lansbury played his mother in "Blue Hawaii". She's definitely the better actor.

by Anonymousreply 21March 26, 2023 11:04 PM

Did the Elvis mention Doreena Petherbridge.?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22March 26, 2023 11:16 PM

Why would anyone say a bunch of vicious, lying shit about Ann-Margret?

I already told you, she has no enemies in Hollywood. Everyone loves her and would never say a bad word about her because she's never earned any trashtalk. She was with her husband forever and never fucked around. She was always a terrific person and never gave anyone any shit.

Why would you say dumb, horrible things about her that you know to be untrue? Is that what you do for fun, troll?

by Anonymousreply 23March 26, 2023 11:21 PM

I like Ann-Margret. And I thought she was a good Blanche DuBois

by Anonymousreply 24March 26, 2023 11:31 PM

Who doesn't love Ann-Marget?

by Anonymousreply 25March 27, 2023 1:50 AM

Ann-Margret wasn't mentioned in that "Elvis" movie because she demanded a million dollars for the use of her name and likeness and also veto rights ver the actress portraying her.

Beatrice Lillie did the same for that disastrous Julie Andrews/Gertrude Lawrence fiasco.

by Anonymousreply 26March 27, 2023 2:07 AM

[quote] "Beatrice Lillie did the same for that disastrous Julie Andrews/Gertrude Lawrence fiasco."

"STAR!"

I understand it was closer to the time in which Lawrence was well-known, but I still wonder why they thought that was a good idea. And I didn't know that about Lillie, R26.

by Anonymousreply 27March 27, 2023 9:31 PM

What about me?

by Anonymousreply 28March 27, 2023 9:36 PM

Ms. Olsen was asked to leave Northwestern for conduct unbecoming a lady but took on the mantle of a good Christian girl, while Elvis had a definite Christian persona, even though they both fucked like bunnies.

They both had the same approach to sex and were probably as close to fuck buddies as straight people could be.

by Anonymousreply 29March 27, 2023 9:37 PM

R21, Lansbury wasn't the female lead in Blue Hawaii. The rather generic Joan Blackman was.

The poster above who mentioned Stanwyck in Roustabout has a point, so I'll amend my statement to say that A-M was the only female co-star playing the romantic interest who could really give Elvis a run for his money.

by Anonymousreply 30April 1, 2023 7:58 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!