Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

John Kerr

I just had to watch South Pacific. Has anyone else noticed what a bad actor he was?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15March 26, 2023 1:55 AM

Cute, though!

by Anonymousreply 1March 25, 2023 10:36 AM

He wasn't as talented as me!

by Anonymousreply 2March 25, 2023 10:38 AM

Why did you “have to” watch it, OP?

by Anonymousreply 3March 25, 2023 10:44 AM

At least Kerr realized he was a crap actor. That's why he went back to school and became a lawyer.

by Anonymousreply 4March 25, 2023 10:45 AM

Was he sleeping with Joshua Logan?

by Anonymousreply 5March 25, 2023 10:47 AM

Sorry, but I love him in South Pacific, except when he "sings."

by Anonymousreply 6March 25, 2023 10:49 AM

He’s ONLY 25 years old in that photo

but he looks FORTY

by Anonymousreply 7March 25, 2023 12:59 PM

R3 - for research.

by Anonymousreply 8March 25, 2023 1:19 PM

I find it interesting how I, as an older adult, reflect on back to my memories of various actors and actresses who were categorized as major stars at some point or all throughout my life. Some of them really were crap-tastic & I fail to understand fully as to how they ever entered into much less stayed in the rarified cosmos of major stardom.

The flat delivery and boring-as-hell Robert Taylor particularly comes to mind specifically as one actor who leads me to want to do a face palm when I see him "acting" onscreen.

As to Kerr, how to you all react?

by Anonymousreply 9March 25, 2023 1:28 PM

Nobody watches "south pacific " for John Kerr

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10March 25, 2023 1:34 PM

I prefer his cousin, Wayne.

by Anonymousreply 11March 25, 2023 2:47 PM

Ah yes Stewpot. Talk about VPL.

by Anonymousreply 12March 25, 2023 4:42 PM

Bad actor? Why, he won the Tony for Best Featured Actor in a Play! And he won a Theatre World Award!

by Anonymousreply 13March 25, 2023 4:47 PM

R7, Americans all were older-looking back then. Maybe because they embraced adulthood---behaviors, attire, grooming, attitudes---instead of remaining as juvenile as possible for as long as possible.

Me? I'm a Boomer behaviorally-imprinted by "Peter Pan!"

by Anonymousreply 14March 25, 2023 8:05 PM

R13 - maybe he is still doing theatre acting in SP. He yells and speaks in a toneless way.

by Anonymousreply 15March 26, 2023 1:55 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!