Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

How to wear a reddish brown suit?

I just bought a reddish brown suit. It isn’t maroon or burgundy; it is reddish brown. I think it looks great but how and where can I wear it?

I work in federal government in a pretty informal office (I usually wear sweaters) but am moving to a more formal one. I already have a grey, a blue and a few black ones. Is a reddish brown suit too much for the office?

Also, what sort of shoes and ties? I have a great pair of dark blue shoes. Would those match? How about a dark blue tie?

by Anonymousreply 26March 25, 2023 1:53 PM

You'll be judged by your suits, OP. I wouldn't bust out the "reddish brown" outlier until you know you are well-liked at the new office.

by Anonymousreply 1March 25, 2023 9:59 AM

How you just cut to the chase and wear a shirt that says “I’m a Bottom Faggot”? It will save everyone some time in getting to know you and your horrible taste in clothes.

by Anonymousreply 2March 25, 2023 10:03 AM

You might as well put a sign around your neck saying "Please laugh at me behind my back".

by Anonymousreply 3March 25, 2023 10:05 AM

Why did you buy the suit if you did not know how to wear it? Didn't the store you bought it at have suggestions and even try to sell you an entire outfit?

by Anonymousreply 4March 25, 2023 10:13 AM

JC Penney?

by Anonymousreply 5March 25, 2023 10:14 AM

R4 The salesman gave me some suggestions but I wanted to get the wisdom of my fellow DLers.

R3 Why don’t I just wear a sign that says “too ugly to live”?

by Anonymousreply 6March 25, 2023 10:15 AM

Do people really care that much about a suit?

by Anonymousreply 7March 25, 2023 10:24 AM

Do that movie thing where you place your clothes on the bed in variations.

by Anonymousreply 8March 25, 2023 10:26 AM

Since the office is informal, maybe just wear the jacket in a smart-casual way (shirt, no tie, dark pants) and see how you feel.

by Anonymousreply 9March 25, 2023 10:29 AM

Brown suit and blue shoes and blue tie? This is not the 1980s.

by Anonymousreply 10March 25, 2023 10:34 AM

Sounds cute. Just wear it OP.

by Anonymousreply 11March 25, 2023 10:35 AM

I’m far more concerned about the blue shoes. The only blue men’s shoes I’ve ever see are suede ones with the orangey-y rubber soles. Are they those?

by Anonymousreply 12March 25, 2023 10:42 AM

No, the shoes are like the ones here, but without the pattern.

Anyway the suit hugs my ass amazingly and makes my (already pretty large dick) look even bigger.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13March 25, 2023 10:47 AM

Oh then, that sounds perfect for the office.

by Anonymousreply 14March 25, 2023 10:51 AM

...and I got crap for wearing TAN...

by Anonymousreply 15March 25, 2023 10:58 AM

Weston had navy blue penny loafers, way back when. I loved them but I only wore them casually never to the office.

The red brown suit must be atrocious. Does it look like shit out of a sick person's ass? But seriously, if you couldn't picture how to accessorise why did you buy such an abomination?

I'll take this back if you are a black man, or very dark South Asian. Or aboriginal. Those skin colors can often wear many tones well.

by Anonymousreply 16March 25, 2023 11:04 AM

R9, a suit jacket is not meant to take the place of a blazer. Wear both pieces or none,

by Anonymousreply 17March 25, 2023 11:09 AM

Wear it with a simple white t-shirt with the words “Whoomp! There It Is” bedazzled on it and a little black hat.

by Anonymousreply 18March 25, 2023 11:13 AM

OP, maybe you should ask the opinion of one of your bitches before you send them out to work the street.

by Anonymousreply 19March 25, 2023 11:37 AM

Native Americans should stay from the red to yellow spectrum, R16. Brings out the red to yellow in the skin. Silver jewelry always looks better on them than gold.

by Anonymousreply 20March 25, 2023 11:41 AM

is it any of these shades?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21March 25, 2023 11:45 AM

It’s the auburn of suits.

by Anonymousreply 22March 25, 2023 11:48 AM

Wear it to Happy Hour at Bonanza steak house.

by Anonymousreply 23March 25, 2023 11:51 AM

If by reddish brown you mean rust, or auburn you would pair it with black shoes, white/winter white shirt and black tie that has a bit of texture or very subtle pattern. However, the season has changed, so into the closet this likely disaster goes until next fall.

by Anonymousreply 24March 25, 2023 12:02 PM

R17 In an informal office OP is going to stand out as a George Santos-like obvious gay. Big dick or not. Those hideous blue shoes with a reddish brown suit especially will give it away.

by Anonymousreply 25March 25, 2023 12:46 PM

Is this how you dress for the office? You look like a giant turd.

by Anonymousreply 26March 25, 2023 1:53 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!