Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Anti-Putin Russian Musician Dies in Frozen River

Who wudda thunk it?!!?

[quote]Svirgunov is one of the artists behind a popular synth-pop group called Cream Soda, which confirmed his death.... The group’s music was used by a comedian to make fun of Russian President Vladimir Putin’s billion-dollar mansion, dubbed “Putin’s Palace”.

[quote]Cream Soda, then, wrote a song called Aqua Disco about a room in the palace described as an “aquatic disco”, which became an anthem of anti-Putin protests. Svirgunov’s death comes as a string of critics of Putin’s 2022 full-scale invasion of Ukraine have been found dead.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10March 26, 2023 4:59 AM

Trump gnashes his teeth as he fumes over not being able to get away with punishing his own detractors this way.

by Anonymousreply 1March 25, 2023 10:10 AM

Idk what to say about these countries with crazies at the helm. I keep hoping the people will rise up and get them out of there, but I can see why they don't too.

by Anonymousreply 2March 25, 2023 12:04 PM

And millions can’t wait for this to happen here in the USA under our own strongman leader.

by Anonymousreply 3March 25, 2023 12:53 PM

Suicide. Who cares?

by Anonymousreply 4March 25, 2023 12:58 PM

Putin is a murderous tyrant, not just an oligarch. He's the role model for several badguy leaders.

by Anonymousreply 5March 25, 2023 1:56 PM

Pussy Riot - you in danger gurl!

by Anonymousreply 6March 26, 2023 2:15 AM

I feel sooooooo sorry for these random citizens who dare to challenge Putin. You have to be willing to die to defeat him, and that is truly fucked up. But THAT is why we should all vocally support Ukraine. Putin is a murdering thug who robs his own people of their right to free speech. What is he so fucking scared of anyway? If I wasn’t so afraid of him, I might declare him to be a pussy (no disrespect to pussy-owners).

We can’t invade Russia, it has to come from within their own country. But we sure as fuck cannot allow him to just invade a country or he will *never* stop, until he invades a NATO country. And then we officially are in WW3, with American soldiers dying. We must help Ukraine win, we have to throw everything we can at them, and it must be done ten times faster. The tanks Biden pledged are 18 months out — not acceptable.

by Anonymousreply 7March 26, 2023 4:27 AM

A couple months ago during one of the major battles, I suddenly got this really awful sinking feeling about the band Little Big (if you don't know them, look them up). So I googled and literally the day before they had released an anti-war video and announced on their website that they had relocated from Russia to LA.

I was honestly very relieved. I'm hoping they'll tour the US finally.

by Anonymousreply 8March 26, 2023 4:41 AM

So the Smiley Face Killer strikes in Russia?

He really gets around!

by Anonymousreply 9March 26, 2023 4:53 AM

Must be suicide like all those Russian critics of Putin during Covid, especially the doctors who kept jumping out of windows.

by Anonymousreply 10March 26, 2023 4:59 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!