Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Who's a fan of brunch?

Describe your best brunch.

by Anonymousreply 11March 25, 2023 7:09 PM

Fat whore waiting to read about food. I just came from the dinner thread.

by Anonymousreply 1March 25, 2023 7:08 AM

I like an eggs benedict. Dipping hash browns in hollandaise is a special kind of heaven. I've also been a bunch cook so I hate brunch.

by Anonymousreply 2March 25, 2023 7:10 AM

Champagne. Lots of champagne. Don't water it down with orange juice.

by Anonymousreply 3March 25, 2023 7:10 AM

I so can’t with brunch. I never even eat breakfast and barely eat lunch, but I especially don’t eat meat so all that shit is out, and I think eggs are fucking gross (I’ll eat stuff made *with* eggs, but their smell and texture sicken me).

I once went to a bruch where I was fortunate enough to have asparagus on a croissant with hollandaise, and that was really good, I guess, but that was over thirty years ago so good luck finding that on a menu now. I might as well just stay home, wake up late, and make that shit myself at my leisure.

I also love lemon ricotta pancakes, but that’s more breakfast, isn’t it, and I can very much make them myself, and there’s no way in hell I’m waking up and going out for breakfast if I don’t have to, especially living in a place where it’s assumed one adores salted meats, eggs, and garlicky diced, fried potatoes before noon by default 😬. Fuck brunch.

by Anonymousreply 4March 25, 2023 7:36 AM

One never had a full English or Irish breakfast as brunch but I think they would go very well with Bloody Marys.

by Anonymousreply 5March 25, 2023 10:13 AM

Sharshuka is my favorite brunch dish.

by Anonymousreply 6March 25, 2023 10:24 AM

[quote]Sharshuka

We secretly LOVE that movie.

by Anonymousreply 7March 25, 2023 10:31 AM

R6 I was thinking of making shakshouka. It looks really good.

by Anonymousreply 8March 25, 2023 6:19 PM

Chicken & waffles

PAN FRIED (not deep fried) chicken

Yeast-raises waffles

You may add fresh fruit if you’re interested in that.

by Anonymousreply 9March 25, 2023 6:25 PM

A good restaurant with a good reputation for brunch with good friends. I’m there!

by Anonymousreply 10March 25, 2023 6:49 PM

I don't eat breakfast. Coffee, that's all I want in the morning. I go out to brunch four or five times a year, tops. It's not my favorite but as long as they have a good eggs benedict and lots of champagne, I'm happy. And bacon, I need a lot of bacon with my eggs benedict because I'm a fat whore.

by Anonymousreply 11March 25, 2023 7:09 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!