Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why so many conservative right wing gays now ?

A gay friend of mine just came out as conservative. He wants Trump to be president again. It’s bizarre

by Anonymousreply 499April 6, 2023 9:20 AM

And my friend is a huge drag queen fan

by Anonymousreply 1March 25, 2023 4:23 AM

Nice attempt to start a right wing shilling thread but your shtick is trite and jejune, OP.

by Anonymousreply 2March 25, 2023 4:24 AM

There are conservatives who support gay rights and gay marriage. It's expected that more gays will realign politically once a party shows support for the community.

This is exactly what happened with the Democratic party that, once upon a time, was against same-sex marriage and gay rights.

by Anonymousreply 3March 25, 2023 4:31 AM

The entire country keeps moving right. There's no left any more. The democratic party has killed it.

What passes for left now is woke culture.

by Anonymousreply 4March 25, 2023 4:31 AM

I don't know about America, but in Britain every conservative media outlet (The Spectator, GB News, the Telegraph) and the Conservative party itself seems to be wall to wall gays. Even UKIP has more gays than one would ever assume. I get the feeling that it has something to do with how lax the country has been about allowing (fostering?) the rise of radical islam in Britain. Gays have often been the target of the street violence and harrassment done in the name (at least theoretically) "of Islam", and all the Labourites ever say is "Don't talk about it or you're racist." It gets really old after a while and a lot of gays feel abandoned by the party.

It doesn't seem there is the same thing in America though, so why it's happening with the Republicans is more of a mystery.

by Anonymousreply 5March 25, 2023 4:32 AM

Oh, look, the Punch & Judy show has started, now that sock puppets have arrived!

by Anonymousreply 6March 25, 2023 4:34 AM

r5 It's the same in the US. Almost every famous conservative right now is either openly gay or deeply closeted.

by Anonymousreply 7March 25, 2023 4:34 AM

Try again OP (and trolls)

by Anonymousreply 8March 25, 2023 4:37 AM

[quote] Almost every famous conservative right now is either openly gay or deeply closeted.

Trump? Hannity? I don't think so.

by Anonymousreply 9March 25, 2023 4:39 AM

They are racists who want to pay lower taxes.

by Anonymousreply 10March 25, 2023 4:41 AM

Not this again. It’s science fiction perpetrated by the one or two gay uncle toms on here.

by Anonymousreply 11March 25, 2023 4:41 AM

r9 No but Douglas Murray, Guy Benson, Matt Schlapp, Peter Thiel, Matt Drudge, Ben Shapiro, Michael Knowles, Steven Crowder, Nick Fuentes, Richard Spencer, Marco Rubio, Josh Hawley, Jared Kushner, Lucian Wintrich, Mike Cernovich, Jack Posobic, (maybe) Tucker.

by Anonymousreply 12March 25, 2023 4:48 AM

^ You left out Lindseybelle R12!

by Anonymousreply 13March 25, 2023 4:49 AM

^And there's a bunch more I'm forgetting if anyone wants to remind me.

by Anonymousreply 14March 25, 2023 4:49 AM

Also Condi Rice and Elaine Chao, for the lesbionic variety.

by Anonymousreply 15March 25, 2023 4:51 AM

Toxoplasmosis.

by Anonymousreply 16March 25, 2023 4:52 AM

r13 Do people actually believe Lindsay Graham is gay?

by Anonymousreply 17March 25, 2023 4:56 AM

OP knows one.

by Anonymousreply 18March 25, 2023 5:01 AM

Aaron Rodgers, Carl Nassib

by Anonymousreply 19March 25, 2023 5:03 AM

R4 eats shit

by Anonymousreply 20March 25, 2023 5:29 AM

At least Trump tried with his "Trump Pride" events and he always said that in terms of gay rights the ship has sailed and he isn't going to do anything. Trump was the first to comment on the Pulse Nightclub shootings and wore a hot pink tie in support. Trump is very gay friendly, despite his flaws.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21March 25, 2023 5:44 AM

r21 Trump's mentor was Roy Cohn. Another gay conservative.

by Anonymousreply 22March 25, 2023 5:51 AM

Yes. as much as he makes my skin crawl, he went in total defiance of his party to support gay rights and gay marriage even before the 2016 election, which was a risk. I'll grudgingly give him credit for that since no Republican had ever done that before, even after safely elected.

by Anonymousreply 23March 25, 2023 5:56 AM

R23, and yet his supporters are the major pushers of anti-gay policies.

It’s one thing to say he’s supportive but it’s another to see what his supporters actually do, as with most things Trump.

by Anonymousreply 24March 25, 2023 6:15 AM

R10s right, a lot of them are just racists. Probably sick of being shit on socially and want someone to look down on

by Anonymousreply 25March 25, 2023 6:17 AM

r24 I agree, it's very weird.

by Anonymousreply 26March 25, 2023 6:19 AM

r26 It gets weirder.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27March 25, 2023 7:05 AM

Money. The Dems want to give everyone my tax money except to me.

by Anonymousreply 28March 25, 2023 7:07 AM

Trump may not personally be anti-gay, but he has caused lots of harm in other ways, most notably by appointing huge numbers of right-wing judges to the bench, many of whom *are* anti-gay.

by Anonymousreply 29March 25, 2023 7:25 AM

And at least Trump doesn't tout a pride flag with a bunch of extra colors, wedges, and letters shoved on to it.

by Anonymousreply 30March 25, 2023 7:30 AM

I take that point, r29, and I really, really dislike him personally, but *any* Republican president would have appointed those exact same people, so to me that's neither here nor there. It still means something to me that he campaigned on a pro-gay agenda when half the base he was campaigning to were raging homophobes. I'm hoping the fact that he did that will encourage future Republicans to do the same, and we can get truly wide acceptance across the country.

by Anonymousreply 31March 25, 2023 7:31 AM

Yeah if I'm gonna compare R29 and R30...hmm, which is an actual problem....

by Anonymousreply 32March 25, 2023 7:32 AM

R31 fuck you're naive. The rightwing darlings are getting MORE rightwing.

by Anonymousreply 33March 25, 2023 7:34 AM

Yeah, R31 basically said, “He acts against me like they all do, but at least he gave some meaningless lip service before he did so!”

by Anonymousreply 34March 25, 2023 7:38 AM

**Shrug** Neither of you have changed my mind. And anyway, we'll never have him in office again, so it's neither here nor there.

by Anonymousreply 35March 25, 2023 7:42 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36March 25, 2023 7:47 AM

R34 People have shockingly low standards when it comes to Republican politicians. They can get away with basically anything.

by Anonymousreply 37March 25, 2023 7:50 AM

All the Supreme Court judges Trump appointed will vote to shitcan gay marriage one day, then you’ll have to find another bogus excuse to defend Trump.

by Anonymousreply 38March 25, 2023 8:01 AM

There aren’t that many.

But the main driving forces are racism, money, sexism. They’re very self-absorbed and have their heads up their asses.

by Anonymousreply 39March 25, 2023 8:02 AM

[quote] he campaigned on a pro-gay agenda

I guess I must have missed the rallies where Trump campaigned on a pro-gay agenda. At best, he may have tolerated gays a little more than some other Republicans, but he has never had a "pro-gay agenda."

[quote] I'm hoping the fact that he did that will encourage future Republicans to do the same, and we can get truly wide acceptance across the country.

Have you looked at any of the MAGA Republicans who were inspired by Trump to run for state or local offices? Have you looked at the people who support them? Have you looked at which books they want to ban in schools? How could anyone think that Trump has ushered in a more tolerant, gay-friendly group of GOP politicians when the reality is quite plainly the opposite?

by Anonymousreply 40March 25, 2023 8:06 AM

r36 Proof-positive that religious fanaticism is the biggest thing holding back a large portion of the Conservative party on a number of issues with regard to gay rights. That tweet is disgusting. And based on many of the replies, not all conservatives agree with her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41March 25, 2023 8:21 AM

[quote]Have you looked at which books they want to ban in schools?

I'm only aware of the ones that I have seen listed in news articles, but all of those were definitely inappropriate for elementary school libraries.

by Anonymousreply 42March 25, 2023 8:22 AM

Obvious cultural shift is obvious.

[quote]The rise in support stems largely from a majority of Republicans, who for the first time approve of same-sex marriage at 55%, according to Gallup.

[quote]The company reports 83% of Democrats, a political bloc that has consistently been the biggest backers of same-sex marriage, indicated support for it this year. Compared to prior reports, Democrats reported the same level of approval for gay and lesbian marriage over the past few years.

[quote]Gallup wrote, "This could suggest that support for gay marriage has reached a ceiling for this group, at least for now."

Support for same-sex marriage amongst Republicans is increasing, while the Democrats have seemingly plateaued. That might explain why they seem to have abandoned their focus on fighting for gay rights in exchange for trans issues which, ironically, harms gay people; specifically gay youth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43March 25, 2023 8:28 AM

Yeah, I never understood the mentality of some gay people who support a conservative movement whose rabid members wish you never existed or want to remove you from the face of the earth, attempt to pass every legislation to keep you down and under their thumb, vilify your mere existence to the point they blame you for all thats wrong with America, do everything they can to strip you of your basic human rights as an American citizen, and do not vocally condemn the bloody violence that is often part of the equation. I'm going to assume that they are just self-loathing gays who think they deserve to be treated like second class citizens... :-/

by Anonymousreply 44March 25, 2023 8:49 AM

^^Wake Up, Rise Up, and have your Guns ready.

by Anonymousreply 45March 25, 2023 8:53 AM

Liberals are so fucking crazy and you can't trust them. They drive people away.

by Anonymousreply 46March 25, 2023 9:22 AM

I've totally lost faith in Democrats, especially the middle aged Democrats who seem to be totally cut off from daily life and unable to relate to normal people.

Nasty, bigoted, paranoid, stupid, clueless, callous, cruel, cold, I could go on and on.

by Anonymousreply 47March 25, 2023 9:32 AM

I think it's mostly attention seeking. I mean, look at Christian Walker. To those who are saying "who?" just Google him and you'll find his TikToks where he practically screams for attention.

I've noticed more of them on Twitter as well. They usually have a pride flag in their bio but make it very clear that they're "not like the rest".

I suppose some of it's self preservation. They may have been raised in a right wing environment and want desperately to scream: "but I'm normal!" to the homophobes. Hence they see allying themselves with the right wing, Trump, TERF mentality as a way of protecting themselves.

I'm not against gay people having different political views; it'd be boring if we all thought the same. But there's definitely a growing contingent who loudly state their political views repeatedly and want everyone to be in no doubt about their allegiance to the right wing cause.

by Anonymousreply 48March 25, 2023 9:34 AM

It’s curious how being “left wing” or a “Democrat” is seen as the default position for gays and to deviate from that is some kind of mortal sin. The fact that many so-called “progressive” factions (like TRAs etc.) are nothing but bullying, fascistic entities operating with the kind of cognitive dissonance that should makes us gays just laugh doesn’t seem to compute with many who simply think “left good, right bad” without any critical thinking entering into the conversation.

by Anonymousreply 49March 25, 2023 9:45 AM

It probably shouldn't surprise me that there are people who think Trump is pro gay because he wore a pink tie once, but I guess stupid people are everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 50March 25, 2023 9:49 AM

Rightwingers and the far right as a whole are getting louder and more obnoxious, it's not just gay rightwingers. It's all rightwingers. The media can't stop fawning over them, and social media promotes their content.

by Anonymousreply 51March 25, 2023 9:50 AM

[quote]Trump is very gay friendly, despite his flaws

[bold]His pick of Mike Pence as VP might dispute your claim[/bold], R21... and his pick of Jeff Sessions as Attny General might just kick you claim to the curb... and his pick of Betsy DeVos as Sec of Education might just stomp your claim down the gutter.

I could go on listing his cabinet and appointees but you knew your claim was bullshit to start.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52March 25, 2023 9:52 AM

Hardcore right wing views=immediate boner killer. I just don’t want to know such people.

by Anonymousreply 53March 25, 2023 9:53 AM

I've never voted for a GOP candidate, other than one time for a Secretary of State about 16 years ago. And given where to GOP is at right now, I never would.

But about 35% of LGBT folks voted for Trump in 2020. Why is that?

I think it has to do with how they're perceiving the left to be rapidly changing. There are no more lesbian spaces on reddit that's aren't moderated by the Chick with Dicks. Those mods have kicked off all the lesbians who disagree with the premise that lesbians can have penises.

Lesbians cannot have penises. The "transbians" are straight men who get a sexual charge out of putting on dresses, lipstick, and high heels. They are sick fucks. These men put women's safety at risk.

At the end of this video, the filmmaker profiles the cases of hundreds of transwomen who have raped and murdered actual women. Let's put women's safety first:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54March 25, 2023 9:57 AM

R53 I think most of us in general have moderate views with a mix of some considered left and some right wing. I don’t know anyone who is all one or the other, it depends on the topic. That’s why I find it ridiculous when a guy says he’s a hardcore democrat or republican. Scratch the surface and they’ll be lots of things that conflict with the acceptable think of whichever political pole.

by Anonymousreply 55March 25, 2023 10:02 AM

As others have stated, there are elements on the left that are largely ignored and go unaddressed when it comes to homophobia.. instead we find they call us out on everything else.. The war between trans+ and radical feminists, or say social justice warriors as a whole... even as a person of colour, to be gay is to be white adjacent. Some would say I'm white because I'm Jewish. They have a limited perception of what that means. There are also Democrats in recent history that have claimed Jews control the weather among other Kanye like things. We could discuss the riots and how many actively supported them against all reason. Also, I'm a card carrying member of a tribal govt. Recently, a contingent went to the capital to meet with representatives. . . to which Republicans showed up, Democrats bailed. The belief among many, Democrats only show up for us when we're dressed in regalia. . . when we look stereotypically native and want to use us as a photo op. Still, the majority vote Democrat and it's a wonder why when they frequently choose to abandon our states because they don't think they're worth the investment for elections. The last election here, there were more third parties running than Democrats.

also, the democrats chase after radicals of the far left in a way similar to the republicans and the far right. . . because neither one knows how to approach young people without gimmicks and pandering.

I have plenty to criticize Democrats about and I do regularly, that brands me as a troll, as a magat, as everything to be despised and hated for calling it out. Right now, I feel I'm safer with them but I know I am not welcomed in the party. I'm irrelevant as an individual, though they would like to capitalize on the social currency of my multiple identifiers. At best, I'm just a prop to them. The same applies to many issues as well. And I'm feel they're grossly promoting the far right, even pushing it, enabling it, trying to draw out conflict and extremes just to score points for the next election. I believe they weaponized abortion when it should and could have been codified and the loss of r v w is why such extremism is playing out. But with the system we have, they're still the best bet. Though, I still have long memory of how they've failed us and how they continue to fail us. Most of us are somewhere in the middle than at the extreme ends but both parties play too much to the extremes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56March 25, 2023 10:03 AM

[quote]There are also Democrats in recent history that have claimed Jews control the weather among other Kanye like things.

There hasn't been a Democratic politician of any note who has said something like this in recent times. Maybe a Dem mayor of some town no one has ever heard of, but even then I feel like it would have made the news.

by Anonymousreply 57March 25, 2023 10:07 AM

Every Republican president is worse than his predecessor. I remember we couldn't imagine anyone could be worse than W.

So people like r31 who say

[Quote] And anyway, we'll never have [Trump] in office again, so it's neither here nor there.

are right wing gays who will throw the rest of us under the bus and will vote him in.

by Anonymousreply 58March 25, 2023 10:11 AM

Elections are decided by moderates in the middle. Dems were derided because they helped get extreme GOP candidates elected in the primary. However, they played their hand correctly. As a result of their hardball tactics, maga extremists were defeated from Arizona to Pennsylvania.

On the other hand, some very poor Dem. candidates where chosen in primaries, like Mandela Barnes and Stacy Abrams. Both of those seats were gettable by Democrats. Voters said yes to Raphael Warnock and no to Abrams. And they flatly rejected Mandela Barnes, and Dem "stars" like Beto.

It's a mixed bag. The middle part of the political spectrum decide elections. Cater to them and their concerns.

by Anonymousreply 59March 25, 2023 10:15 AM

In the video, Glenn Loury talks about the spiral of silence in social justice activism. This sort of self-censorship is toxic and is a huge problem on the left.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60March 25, 2023 10:21 AM

[quote] The middle part of the political spectrum decide elections. Cater to them and their concerns.

Unfortunately this center is very right wing.

by Anonymousreply 61March 25, 2023 10:24 AM

R61 That's a very broad statement that is meaningless. What's considered right-wing in New York is not the same thing as right-wing in Alabama. Be specific.

by Anonymousreply 62March 25, 2023 10:27 AM

Alabama? Who but those who want to break up the country by picking off the states one by one to dial back all the progress we have made, thinks of Alabama?

by Anonymousreply 63March 25, 2023 10:35 AM

R63 Try again. And apply logic this time.

by Anonymousreply 64March 25, 2023 10:38 AM

r64 Old timey neolib huh? Another dull conventional bean counter who has brought the country to the brink of destruction.

by Anonymousreply 65March 25, 2023 10:51 AM

Glenn Loury is a Reaganite conservative. His views on the left aren't worthy of any serious consideration.

by Anonymousreply 66March 25, 2023 10:57 AM

R65 You're still not applying logic, just lobbing baseless attacks.

You might sway some opinions your way, if you would put down the meth pipe. We care about you, Fronthole.

by Anonymousreply 67March 25, 2023 10:58 AM

Woman hating disease spreading freaks cannot be conservative. Repent or burn.

by Anonymousreply 68March 25, 2023 11:01 AM

That's preposterous r67. Loury is brilliant, thoughtful, interesting, and an excellent listen on questions of culture and education. I would recommend him to anyone as well worth their time if they are genuinely inquisitive with the intelligence to parse new ideas and to judge for themselves.

Qualities which, obviously, not everyone on here possess.

by Anonymousreply 69March 25, 2023 11:03 AM

Think! R67 For once in your comfortably numb liberal existence, THINK! You're on the brink! Unless you think it out for yourself you will never get the folly of number crunching without political thought.

Or go ask Gore or Hillary.

by Anonymousreply 70March 25, 2023 11:06 AM

R70 You don't even live in the US. So how about you leave this up to us who actually live here.

And aren't you a bit old to be trolling? You're in your 80s, correct?

by Anonymousreply 71March 25, 2023 11:16 AM

Weak response, r71. Sounds to me like you have no answer.

by Anonymousreply 72March 25, 2023 11:18 AM

R72 Hey grandpa, how's the weather on the west coast this weekend?

by Anonymousreply 73March 25, 2023 11:27 AM

Still very cold, but the rain finally stopped, which is a minor miracle. Oh, and I'm 42.

by Anonymousreply 74March 25, 2023 11:41 AM

The times they are a’ changing.

by Anonymousreply 75March 25, 2023 11:43 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76March 25, 2023 12:35 PM

R28 Republicans want innocents to get shot so they can fundraise off of calling dems “gun grabbers.”

by Anonymousreply 77March 25, 2023 12:39 PM

R49 I suppose it's because, historically, that's where we've had support. Whereas the right wing has historically been actively against us - from being against same sex marriage to being completely against us having rights.

For gay people to then ally themselves with a cause that actively tried (and still does try) to deny them rights seems odd. At best it's ignorance, at worst it's a weird type of contrarianism - and that definitely exists among right wing gays. You can tell they almost get a weird kick out of going against the grain. I think it comes from a place of safety -- usually they'll be white, wealthy and middle class, hence they don't think they have anything to lose.

by Anonymousreply 78March 25, 2023 12:41 PM

If this were a hard right site (as opposed to hard left) white gays there would ask “why so many leftwing gays”.

by Anonymousreply 79March 25, 2023 12:42 PM

R4 is a troll or very dumb, possibly both. Anyone who thinks there’s a “woke culture” is most likely MAGA.

by Anonymousreply 80March 25, 2023 12:43 PM

I meant to add that I don't feel all doom and gloom about it. The right love to make dark threats like: "the tide is turning, the gays better watch out!" Whereas I see it as a slight move to the right that will swing back once it becomes the status quo and people realise they don't like it.

by Anonymousreply 81March 25, 2023 12:46 PM

Gay is a sexuality not a political affiliation. If you lived in the real world and not your gay bubble of liberal zombies you'd know that. I have friends from all political affiliations, that's what normal and healthy adults do.

by Anonymousreply 82March 25, 2023 12:50 PM

Because muh taxes are more important than principles or development. And authoritarianism/fascism seems to speak to people who just want a simple authority figure to tell them what to do. Low intelligence gays aren't immune to that.

by Anonymousreply 83March 25, 2023 12:53 PM

Why you no learn Engrish, Beijing boy?

by Anonymousreply 84March 25, 2023 1:03 PM

Funny how the right-wingers on here always find conservatives brilliant, thoughtful and interesting as they dump on liberals for being numb and liberal zombies.

by Anonymousreply 85March 25, 2023 1:50 PM

Progressives are not liberals. Don’t lump progressives in with liberals. I’m a liberal, not a progressive. Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 86March 25, 2023 1:54 PM

BTW, how the fuck does R68 have 10 WWs?

by Anonymousreply 87March 25, 2023 1:55 PM

Probably themselves, R87.

by Anonymousreply 88March 25, 2023 1:56 PM

WW should be disabled on your own posts, but whatever.

by Anonymousreply 89March 25, 2023 1:56 PM

Yes, the thing about W&Ws is that you can constantly give yourself them.

by Anonymousreply 90March 25, 2023 1:56 PM

R87 There are a lot of sock puppets here. I've seen anti trans/homophobic posts get lots of WW votes within minutes, so it's pretty obvious it's one or two posts are logging in with multiple accounts to upvote their own posts and downvote their own.

I got downvoted on a transphobic thread just for not hating trans people to the point I couldn't post. So I contacted the help email address and within 10 minutes I could post again. I guess they know what's going on, but it's hard to stop sock puppets as they can easily switch IPs with VPNs.

by Anonymousreply 91March 25, 2023 1:58 PM

[quote]R29: Trump may not personally be anti-gay...

But he is, R29.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92March 25, 2023 1:58 PM

I meant "downvote their opponents" above.

by Anonymousreply 93March 25, 2023 1:59 PM

Who cares either way R93.

by Anonymousreply 94March 25, 2023 2:00 PM

Trump said the SC same-sex marriage ruling was a bad law that he would have repealed.

by Anonymousreply 95March 25, 2023 2:01 PM

R91 It isn't even 'sock puppets'. If I wanted to I can just keep hitting the W&W to one of my own posts. I once tried it out. I didn't need any 'sock puppets' to do it.

by Anonymousreply 96March 25, 2023 2:02 PM

R96, it doesn't work that way for the 'ff' button.

by Anonymousreply 97March 25, 2023 2:04 PM

democrats who keep defending the islam should be deported to the middle east

by Anonymousreply 98March 25, 2023 2:34 PM

do not trust the gay replublicans, they would not even think twice about pushing u in front of the moving bus

by Anonymousreply 99March 25, 2023 2:36 PM

Don’t trust gays in office (at least not today).

by Anonymousreply 100March 25, 2023 2:38 PM

R96 Are you sure it actually registers each vote, though?

by Anonymousreply 101March 25, 2023 2:41 PM

I know a gay married couple who just moved from a blue to a red state. One of them trashes liberals every chance he gets. The other agrees. It’s so weird.

by Anonymousreply 102March 25, 2023 2:50 PM

R102 The penny will drop when they still get homophobic abuse.

by Anonymousreply 103March 25, 2023 2:55 PM

There aren't that many conservative gays.

It's just that conservatives are cleverly pushing minorities as voices for their hateful agenda to further divide and disenfranchise us.

It helps to gaslight us into believing that our particular minority will be protected from their discriminatory agenda.

by Anonymousreply 104March 25, 2023 2:59 PM

Zero self awareness + self loathing + religion = Sick Kween

by Anonymousreply 105March 25, 2023 3:06 PM

We got $ and aim ta keep it.

by Anonymousreply 106March 25, 2023 3:16 PM

R104 But you can't deny that 'conservative gays' numbers are rising fast.

In this month only I saw 3 gay democrats who turned more to the right, following and liking such profiles Madison Cawthorn, DeSantis, Tucker Carlson, Douglas Murray, Dave Rubin, etc.

This is the result of the Dems putting all the priority in the trannies (who are mostly heterosexuals) and their ideology and not giving a fuck for the other letters anymore.

by Anonymousreply 107March 25, 2023 3:17 PM

R82 if you ignore the politicization of sexuality you are neither normal or healthy, but delusional and weak minded.

by Anonymousreply 108March 25, 2023 3:18 PM

It’s bizarre that the hard left is turning people to the hard right, but they must have had some sort of extremist ideology already inside them.

by Anonymousreply 109March 25, 2023 3:19 PM

The American left is made of centrists, so this division is ridiculous to begin with. No one other than Americans would consider the Democratic Party left wing. They're center-right anywhere in the world. So this fake division or this awe that there exists right wing gays is just projection of idiots with no formal education in politics and philosophy, they're just performing what they think makes them cool.

by Anonymousreply 110March 25, 2023 3:21 PM

R107 It's not like the Republicans like gays, though, so I don't see why they'd abandon the Dems for Reps. I could understand if they just followed another party.

by Anonymousreply 111March 25, 2023 3:22 PM

R111 Exactly. at this point I think the best thing for gays is to be 'Politically homeless'

by Anonymousreply 112March 25, 2023 3:30 PM

R110 Any party who support heavily 'Queer Theory' are very far from the center, this makes no sense. If it was true, 'Queer Theory'/' Trans ideology' would be not so strong in the US.

by Anonymousreply 113March 25, 2023 3:36 PM

R113

Ho suck DeSantis’s fascist asshole some more.

by Anonymousreply 114March 25, 2023 3:42 PM

*Go

by Anonymousreply 115March 25, 2023 3:43 PM

What was DeSantis about that comment?

by Anonymousreply 116March 25, 2023 3:44 PM

A culture war driven policy does not a left wing party make. Dems are centrists and their geopolitics are pure right wing. Hillary is backed by Wall street.

by Anonymousreply 117March 25, 2023 3:44 PM

R116

Stop playing obtuse.

by Anonymousreply 118March 25, 2023 3:45 PM

R117 Advocate for mentally ill men invade women's spaces is not a 'centrist' thing, darling.

by Anonymousreply 119March 25, 2023 3:55 PM

the gay replublicans do not care about gays

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120March 25, 2023 3:57 PM

R118 ?

by Anonymousreply 121March 25, 2023 3:58 PM

In response to the article at R120, that looks to be an issue between someone who is hard left and another who is hard right. That Edwards fellow is hard left.

by Anonymousreply 122March 25, 2023 4:06 PM

There aren’t and you have not provided any evidence to support your silly remark.

There have always been a small minority of self loathing log cabin types. They are a fringe.

Hillary was not backed by Wall Street- only a little when she ran against the lunatic.

by Anonymousreply 123March 25, 2023 4:06 PM

The Democratic Party seems far from what it was. Today, I see it as a party of champagne liberals with rules for thee and not for me. DL faves Gavin Newsom and Nancy Pelosi are the epitome of this. Both parties are into censorship with the far right burning books and the left controlling information through the media/social media. Everything about the democratic party seems divisive. When I see the censorship of history and free speech at Ivy League schools, the dumbing down of the education system, and ridiculous DEI hires, it's a big turn off. If a party deems cis white men (gay or not) as the enemy, I am not interested. Being gay used to allow the community to be part of the inclusion pool, but I don't see that as much now. I live in CA so my vote doesn't matter. I think if it's between Biden or Trump or Desantis, I am sitting this one out. I don't support any of them.

by Anonymousreply 124March 25, 2023 4:08 PM

R123 She was on the Board of the Directors for Wal-Mart for over a decade. What are you smoking?

by Anonymousreply 125March 25, 2023 4:13 PM

Probably for any of the reasons below OP:

1. Being told if you criticize Muslims for being homophobic and misogynistic you're "racist" (even though Islam is not a race)

2. Being told if you don't accept a man with a penis in a wig and a dress is no different from a "cis" woman, you're a "transphobic"

3. Being told if you're a "Cis White Gay Man" you need to "check your privilege" and "make space for the "black and brown"

4. Being told over and over how gays need to thank the TWOC who "gave them their rights".

Shall we go on?

by Anonymousreply 126March 25, 2023 4:23 PM

That’s what I suspect too, R126.

by Anonymousreply 127March 25, 2023 4:29 PM

5. Being told that your life doesn't matter, and you owe other people something for the crime of being born.

6. Being told that your words are violence, yet violence against you is speech.

7. Constantly being nitpicked and ordered around by hardline zealots like you live in a Puritan colony.

8.Being told your problems aren't nearly as bad as [insert pet group]'s problems, therefore your problems aren't problems.

by Anonymousreply 128March 25, 2023 4:29 PM

[quote]But about 35% of LGBT folks voted for Trump in 2020.

Was it really that high, R54? I saw '28%' thrown about after the election, and that was apparently exactly twice as high as it was for the 2016 election. If that's true, it really shouldn't be swept under the rug, we should find out the reasons why. Especially with another election right around the corner (because do we really want that percentage to increase *again*?).

When the subject comes up, I can't help but wonder what the percentages really were for each of the letters within LGBT, but then again, I don't really feel like going [italic]there[/italic] this morning....

by Anonymousreply 129March 25, 2023 4:35 PM

R128 I read this post before I saw the first four and honestly thought you were arguing against Republicans!

I'll show what I mean:

5. Being told that your life doesn't matter, and you owe other people something for the crime of being born = Homophobes constantly act like our sexual orientation is our fault, but I believe it's there from birth, hence they see it as a crime.

6. Being told that your words are violence, yet violence against you is speech = Republican homophobes act like they should have freedom of speech to be homophobic (including freedom of religion) but if we speak out against them, they act like we're being 'violent' and we're effectively told free speech doesn't apply to us because them and their religions are more "important" than our lives.

7. Constantly being nitpicked and ordered around by hardline zealots like you live in a Puritan colony = Probably goes without saying, but to a lot of MAGAs simply acknowledging our existence or our same sex partners to anyone under 18 is framed as some terrible crime, as though we live in a Puritan colony, despite the fact they constantly talk about their opposite sex partners and that's OK.

8.Being told your problems aren't nearly as bad as [insert pet group]'s problems, therefore your problems aren't problems = We constantly get told by MAGAs that no one's homophobic anymore and we've supposedly got equal rights so we should shut up. But they act like coming out as conservative or religious is far worse than coming out as gay.

In short, many right wing MAGA types are homophobic and narrow minded. I don't get why any gays would ally themselves with those kind of people.

by Anonymousreply 130March 25, 2023 4:37 PM

R129 No, we should threaten them with rejection and expulsion from the community so they'll shut up and obey.

by Anonymousreply 131March 25, 2023 4:39 PM

R130 You should have thought that I was talking about you, because I was talking about you. Try taking the criticism.

by Anonymousreply 132March 25, 2023 4:41 PM

R124 Stop validating their ideology. Don't use 'cis'.

by Anonymousreply 133March 25, 2023 4:42 PM

R132 I'm fine to take criticism if it's about things I can control, but I'm not going to take criticism based on my sexual orientation. My being gay is as natural as my hair being brown and my eyes being hazel. I mean, sure, criticise me for it, but it's futile.

by Anonymousreply 134March 25, 2023 4:44 PM

What we can't know really is how much any percentage of "gay voters" compares to previous percentages. Even after all these decades, coming out of the closet is obviously a big struggle for people like Matt Schlapp and all the other other Matt Schlapp's out there. They can't be honest about who they are, so they can't really be honestly counted.

Did more gay people vote for Trump than McCain or Reagan or Nixon? I don't know. I don't think it can ever be known. And so all the people saying it's Trans or Muslims or uppity bitches are probably operating off of false assumptions. ' One thing is very clear for every Republican who has ever voted for any national office: none will ever propose advancing gay rights. Some will reluctantly or maybe not reluctantly accept the status quo that liberals and Democrats have created, and accept that yes there are real, actual gay people in the world who aren't just choosing sodomy because they really like the idea of sinning against God and Nature. Yes, there are Republicans who finally accept that, although not all. But it's simply not in the Republican DNA to ever say, here's a traditionally unpopular minority group suffering and we should do something about that suffering. Just doesn't compute for the vast majority of Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 135March 25, 2023 4:46 PM

R134... I feel the same way...?

by Anonymousreply 136March 25, 2023 4:47 PM

Things like this OP. While this happened in the UK it's also happening in the U.S.:

Arts Council England ‘created culture of fear’ for staff who questioned transgender views

Arts Council England (ACE) created a “toxic” culture of fear for staff who dared to question transgender views, a senior grant officer said as she accused the charity of harassment and victimisation.

Denise Fahmy claims Britain’s biggest arts quango risked “closing down free speech” after a grant was withdrawn from a charity that campaigns exclusively for lesbian, gay and bisexual rights.

Ms Fahmy, 54, who worked for 15 years as an (ACE) grant officer, says she was targeted after she questioned why £9,000 of funding was withdrawn from LGB Alliance.

She has now resigned but is taking the quango to an employment tribunal, claiming she was harassed and victimised because of her gender-critical beliefs.

Last April, LGB Alliance was awarded the grant to make a film for the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee to celebrate how the lives of gay men had improved under the monarch’s reign. However, the money was withdrawn amid claims the charity was transphobic – an allegation it denies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137March 25, 2023 4:47 PM

Somebody should do a documentary on gay conservatives. Gay conservatives are usually known more for their conservatism than for their sexuality, so it would be nice to hear them in a setting where they talk solely about their sexual orientation, describing what it was like for them growing up, their struggle in reconciling their sexuality with their politics, how their presumably conservative family and friends handled their revelation, what is dating life for them, etc..

by Anonymousreply 138March 25, 2023 4:56 PM

If a photo could say a thousand words on my dwindling support.. Mentally ill thief in charge of nuclear waste? The inmates are running the asylum.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139March 25, 2023 4:58 PM

[post redacted because independent.co.uk thinks that links to their ridiculous rag are a bad thing. Somebody might want to tell them how the internet works. Or not. We don't really care. They do suck though. Our advice is that you should not click on the link and whatever you do, don't read their truly terrible articles.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140March 25, 2023 5:04 PM

From the link at R140. Who would want to align themselves with such intellectual dishonesty:

The real consequence of World Athletics’ transgender ban will go untold

Elite [women's] athletics won’t feel [??] any sweeping change as a result of a new ruling which prioritises competitive fairness over inclusion, but life for [men who identify as women] who participate in [women's] sport might get a little harder

By the way, men's sports has always prioritized competition over inclusion. No one has ever challenged men's sports to make itself accessible to women who identify as men.

by Anonymousreply 141March 25, 2023 5:09 PM

[quote]Being told over and over how gays need to thank the TWOC who "gave them their rights".

You damn right!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142March 25, 2023 5:11 PM

R136 I'm not a gay Republican, though? Idiot.

by Anonymousreply 143March 25, 2023 5:11 PM

This is pretty much how it happened for me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144March 25, 2023 5:19 PM

The Queen JKR is on fire today, love her.

by Anonymousreply 145March 25, 2023 5:20 PM

For the same reason women-killers like Ted Bundy attract female admirers. They think they will be the exception, and conservative right wing gays think they will be too when conservative right wing rule comes for gays. Only, they won't.

by Anonymousreply 146March 25, 2023 5:22 PM

R144 Oh, give me a fucking break.

by Anonymousreply 147March 25, 2023 5:23 PM

R145 I had to block her because I was sick of seeing her tweets littering up my feed in post Elon's Twitter. I've never followed her, but presumably because she's 'popular' he thinks I want to read her repetitive diatribe.

I mean, I get she has her views, but fuck sake. Does she talk about anything else?

Here's hoping she starts writing a new Harry Potter book and puts her efforts into that, cause God knows she seems bored off her arse.

by Anonymousreply 148March 25, 2023 5:24 PM

[quote] It's expected that more gays will realign politically once a party shows support for the community.

Bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 149March 25, 2023 5:24 PM

[Quote] Trump is very gay friendly, despite his flaws.

Trump specifically said he was against gay marriage and would name SCOTUS judges to overturn gay marriage

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150March 25, 2023 5:32 PM

R148 She's a woman and this ideology affect heavily women, she has every single right to speak about women's sex-based issues.

But The right side of the history™ as always, attacking, silencing and showing their misogyny for these who don't bow for mentally ill men in make up.

'Trans rights' are a men's rights movement.

by Anonymousreply 151March 25, 2023 5:37 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152March 25, 2023 5:38 PM

Gay Republicans feel that their sexuality shouldn't matter when it comes to believing in conservative values. They feel like American society has become too permissive, especially with immigration, minority issues, and transgender rights. They also feel that too much tax money is being spent on causes they don't support. They're hoping the Republican party will successfully clamp down on that.

Regarding gay marriage, some feel that it isn't necessary for gays, believing that civil unions would be just as effective.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153March 25, 2023 5:42 PM

[Quote] Regarding gay marriage, some feel that it isn't necessary for gays, believing that civil unions would be just as effective.

They care about money more than they care about their own rights. Yet, stupidly they’ve fallen for the propaganda that somehow the GOP will give them tax cuts. In reality, the GOP gives the tax cuts to the Uber wealthy and peanuts to the middle class.

by Anonymousreply 154March 25, 2023 5:45 PM

Not a fascist group at all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155March 25, 2023 5:45 PM

All the rights they right wing gays hold to live equally are brought to them by the Dems.

by Anonymousreply 156March 25, 2023 5:46 PM

I don’t understand these posts about weird things some trans people may do and how that relates to gays being conservative.

It’s the silly anti-trans trolls sticking their nonsense into every thread again

by Anonymousreply 157March 25, 2023 5:47 PM

I have a position where I meet with lots of federal governmental officials. During the Trump presidency, all these officials were usually accompanied by retinues of gay aides.

WTF?

They were part of an administration that worked against gay rights constantly— writing amicus briefs to SCOTUS saying that businesses should be allowed to fire gay people and business should be allowed to deny gays service. Doctors should be allowed to deny healthcare to gays.

They just kept pretending that Trump somehow liked gays and would never do anything against us

by Anonymousreply 158March 25, 2023 5:50 PM

[quote] They were part of an administration that worked against gay rights constantly— writing amicus briefs to SCOTUS saying that businesses should be allowed to fire gay people and business should be allowed to deny gays service. Doctors should be allowed to deny healthcare to gays.

Government aides should know better, of course, but a lot of ordinary people are just stupid, so they end up voting against their own interests. They don't follow the news and don't pay attention to politics. They aren't aware of the many ways in which the Trump administration actively worked to roll back protections for gays and lesbians. All they know is that they once heard Trump say during a rally or a TV interview that he doesn't mind gay people, so they think "Trump is a friend of the gays. It's OK to vote Republican."

by Anonymousreply 159March 25, 2023 6:07 PM

[quote] They aren't aware of the many ways in which the Trump administration actively worked to roll back protections for gays and lesbians.

Or they simply don't give a fuck. Including many of the gays and lesbians who are voting for him because they hate immigrants, or hate Trans, or hate Muslims or love and worship the rich, or whatever other stupid reason people have for voting for an obvious fuckup like Donald J. Trump.

by Anonymousreply 160March 25, 2023 6:08 PM

R151 I didn't say she couldn't give her views, I just commented on said views.

I think you're a misandrist.

(I mean, I don't really, but it seems like it's the done thing to call anyone we disagree with names now.)

by Anonymousreply 161March 25, 2023 6:14 PM

This also applies for 'progressives' pushing pussy for gay men.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162March 25, 2023 10:39 PM

Self-hatred. Chump was disastrous for gays. I will do everything I can to prevent that from happening again. I'll canvas, I'll phone bank, I'll engage in online activism/rapid response teams. I'll do anything and everything.

by Anonymousreply 163March 25, 2023 10:43 PM

The Queen retweeted this, I love her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164March 25, 2023 10:46 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165March 25, 2023 10:56 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166March 25, 2023 10:56 PM

R163 What, specifically, was so disastrous about Trump for gays? That doesn't involve trannies.

by Anonymousreply 167March 25, 2023 10:57 PM

r164 r165 r166 r167

by Anonymousreply 168March 25, 2023 11:01 PM

R164 I agree with the sentiment expressed in that tweet. I've never liked the word queer even if it's being reclaimed.

However, 'Rudy' makes the mistake of thinking it's only the letters after LGB that use it that way. I know plenty of gay men (and I do mean men born with penises) that use the word queer to mean gay; presumably to take some of the sting out of it.

So, while I appreciate this guy is raising an important point, using it as a stick to beat any of the letters after LGB with is a bit disingenuous and makes me wonder if he cares more about criticising those people that he does about criticising the word itself. I miss the days when things weren't so polarised and obviously divisive.

by Anonymousreply 169March 25, 2023 11:04 PM

[quote] What, specifically, was so disastrous about Trump for gays?

Here's a timeline.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170March 25, 2023 11:05 PM

R167- this is from today

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171March 25, 2023 11:10 PM

the relevancy of 165 166 here is that gay men fall into the category of model minority these days...

if you listen to some of the radical wings, they're even worse than white str8 men... whether they're white or not.

Some of this is related to the more right aligned radical feminists and gender critical that maintain an active position on the left but it's within the broad cultural pool of social justice... gays are looked at as gentrifiers, as having too successful clubs and events vs lesbians, as having too much disposable income when lacking kids and then as misogynists for renting wombs, and other easy tossed about other isms when adopting poor babies (which is starting to affect lesbians now as rad fems has narrowed on more than a few dyke celebs having babies or adopting from where they're least restricted). Groomers is just as popular on the left as it is the right. And certain myths persist whether it's to the trans savior of stonewall or the lesbian and the alleged betrayals by all gay men, even those born well after... and the push towards a prescribed uniform - that we must all be visibly effeminate or apologize for our internalized homophobia, toxic masculinity, when we are not. . . where progress says all gay roles should only go to gay actors unable to see how we fought to get away from gay actors only being allowed to play gay roles. Such absurdities persist. We can only be "minorities" if we live in squalor and remain oppressed. . . tied to a crucifix to be worshiped and praised for our position on stack.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172March 25, 2023 11:10 PM

Anyone with a brain understands that the GOP's hatred of trans people and drag queens is part of a broader hatred of gays and lesbians in general (witness Ted Nugent calling Zelensky a "homosexual weirdo" to the cheers of the Trump-loving Republican crowd at R171). Progress toward equality for gays and lesbians has always originated with progressives and has always faced resistance from conservatives. Once the GOP is done going after trans people and drag queens, they will go after all gays and lesbians.

by Anonymousreply 173March 25, 2023 11:15 PM

R171 They'll twist themselves into knots to defend shit like this. It's quite funny to watch.

by Anonymousreply 174March 25, 2023 11:15 PM

the far left might be only a small fringe group, but active daily with a loud voice that few are shouting down. . . and those that do tend to be silenced by the various cultural wars that capitalize on it

(Bros, anyone?)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175March 25, 2023 11:16 PM

Op some people like shit

by Anonymousreply 176March 25, 2023 11:16 PM

or we could look at... how many parts of our communities have been hijacked by bad faith actors that uplifted by people outside of our communities, such as what happened to the trans community:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177March 25, 2023 11:17 PM

R167- r u gay

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178March 25, 2023 11:19 PM

Many say that the ideal gay we should all be striving towards becoming is Sam Smith

by Anonymousreply 179March 25, 2023 11:20 PM

2 gay guys talking about politics last week.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180March 25, 2023 11:21 PM

R169 It's no secret that people who use 'Queer' (regardless of the orientation because even str8 people can be 'queer') to describe themselves are usually very misogynistic and with the brains fueled with 'Queer Theory', Rudy is absolutely right.

These people are unhinged as much the far right-wingers.

by Anonymousreply 181March 25, 2023 11:24 PM

go live in the uganda, peter theil

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182March 25, 2023 11:24 PM

Trump's biggest, loudest supporters are the evangelicals. At this point, they are nearly all he has left. They and Trump are cut of the same cloth: total liars, bullshit peddlers. They're out to demonize gays and anything they disapprove of or won't support them. They're goal is an Authoritarian theocracy.

by Anonymousreply 183March 25, 2023 11:26 PM

r181 and it's no secret, the people capitalizing on anti-queer rhetoric are far right provocateur and rad fems (that outright hate gay men, have a poor opinion of lesbians, would kill female bisexuals and push the trans debate fueling the far right, and often joining forces)...

so, what's the middle ground when there's place you can find compromise with groups that refuse to dialogue with one another?

by Anonymousreply 184March 25, 2023 11:27 PM

^ no place

by Anonymousreply 185March 25, 2023 11:27 PM

all these groups don't seem to have anything they fight for

but rather numerous scapegoats they fight against.

The issues don't seem to matter much.

by Anonymousreply 186March 25, 2023 11:29 PM

It's the extremist approach of the woke that's driving people to the right. Being told that you're a Nazi or a racist, or execrable if you as much as disagree with the crazies, that's what's killing killing coherent progressive thinking.

by Anonymousreply 187March 25, 2023 11:34 PM

There's a group of people that come to the DL to whine about trannies, screaming it's starting to happen to you... asking if you'll fuck the front hole of a ftm, tend to forget we've been told we can't have any preferences for physical attraction at all for decades. . . that when we hookup that we should aim for the fattest, oldest, most effeminate, most countercultural and outside our experience person for a two pump dump behind a dumpster.

by Anonymousreply 188March 25, 2023 11:35 PM

R184 Not to mention they're wearing out the word misogynist. They use it for anyone who doesn't 100% agree with them. I'm gonna start calling anyone who doesn't agree with me on anything a homophobe from now on. The GCs have taught me it's the only way to argue one's point.

by Anonymousreply 189March 25, 2023 11:39 PM

R186 Truer and wiser words are rarely said. They're all starring in a personal soap opera in their heads.

by Anonymousreply 190March 25, 2023 11:52 PM

R190

by Anonymousreply 191March 26, 2023 12:00 AM

people should be able to vote for who they want.

by Anonymousreply 192March 26, 2023 12:01 AM

R192 They should up and obey.

by Anonymousreply 193March 26, 2023 12:03 AM

R193

by Anonymousreply 194March 26, 2023 12:04 AM

R186 I bet you wouldn't say that if you was a woman sharing their spaces with mental ill men.

by Anonymousreply 195March 26, 2023 12:17 AM

Were a woman*

by Anonymousreply 196March 26, 2023 12:18 AM

Thiel breathes rarified air; he doesn't have the slightest idea what it is like to be an average middle class gay man living in America.

by Anonymousreply 197March 26, 2023 12:19 AM

R195 r196

by Anonymousreply 198March 26, 2023 12:20 AM

Don't say thing racists and gay haters and Nazis would say and you won't get called out for it. Nugent, introducing a presidential candidate, calling Zelensky a "homosexual wierdo" is blatantly hating on gays. He's a Nazi wannabe. That's something a Nazi would say and Chump, standing there not refuting it, is a DeFacto agreement.

by Anonymousreply 199March 26, 2023 12:26 AM

r144 What a facile tweet from an alleged megabrain. Pretty sure that's the kind of thinking that passed for "clever" in a non-AP, 11th grade government class circa 2005.

by Anonymousreply 200March 26, 2023 12:31 AM

Because vapid narcissism. Because a lack of understanding of their own history. Because of selling out for a presumably safe space with the oppressor as homophobia dressed as transphobia is refanned.

by Anonymousreply 201March 26, 2023 12:39 AM

It can only be a suicidal level of stupidity that has gays joining the Right.

The dark money religious benefactors of the GOP are the same ones behind the rise in anti-gay laws across Africa, including Uganda's recent "kill the gays" bill.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202March 26, 2023 2:20 AM

And, let's not forget those people within the GOP itself more than happy to jail and kill gays for same-sex relationships.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203March 26, 2023 2:22 AM

R201 Men not invading women's spaces and sports is 'transphobia'?

Gay men not desiring to fuck 'transmen' (women) is 'transphobia'?

Lesbians not desiring transwomen (men) is 'transphobia'?

Saying that humans can't change their sex is 'transphobia'?

You can parrot all the shit you want but there is no objective definition of 'transphobia' or even 'trans'.

So don't compare an actual and objective oppression (homophobia) with narcissism.

by Anonymousreply 204March 26, 2023 2:30 AM

I lived in NYC. Bought a place in New Hampshire around the time AOC and the other DSAs took office to get away from the woke nightmare.

Zero taxes, no crime, beautiful cities, 2nd amendment rights, San Francisco level salaries with a cheap cost of living, thriving and fast growing businesses, low inflation, tons of freedom, etc. My place is already worth 3 times what I paid for it.

I have a pied a terre in NY but I rarely ever want to go back.

by Anonymousreply 205March 26, 2023 2:32 AM

R204. Wanting to kill gays is homophobia. Wanting to kill trans people is transphobia.

They can be compared because they're coming from the same people.

by Anonymousreply 206March 26, 2023 2:33 AM

R206 Gender non-conformity is very linked to homosexuality, so do the math.

by Anonymousreply 207March 26, 2023 2:34 AM

"woke nightmare" = people with pink hair.

by Anonymousreply 208March 26, 2023 2:35 AM

[quote][R204]. Wanting to kill gays is homophobia.

Agreed. And radical TRAs have been guilty of expressing this desire repeatedly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209March 26, 2023 2:40 AM

[quote]Wanting to kill trans people is transphobia

True.

But 1) not believing men in wigs are "women" and 2) supporting JKR are NOT.

by Anonymousreply 210March 26, 2023 2:47 AM

Where are these places where gay and lesbian people are "constantly bullied". by crossdressers and trans? Really? The mall? This sounds made up.

by Anonymousreply 211March 26, 2023 2:49 AM

R211 exactly. I've been hit on by transguys on the apps. I'm not into it, so I just ignore them like I do anyone else I don't wanna fuck. Not ONCE have I ever been attacked or yelled at or anything for it.

by Anonymousreply 212March 26, 2023 2:53 AM

R172 "and the push towards a prescribed uniform - that we must all be visibly effeminate or apologize for our internalized homophobia, toxic masculinity, when we are not"

This is spot on. Slate is one of the most "progressive" online magazines. One of their "queer" writers wrote a piece where she argued that Mayor Pete wasn't "gay enough" for her liking.

What she means is that he's not swishy enough. He doesn't act queeny, and that makes her mad.

The Daily Beast called her out on her homophobic bullshit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213March 26, 2023 2:55 AM

Because this is the image now associated with LGBTQIA++.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 214March 26, 2023 2:57 AM

Well, I’m convinced. WTF! You have the critical reasoning skills of an inbred, drunken hillbilly.

by Anonymousreply 215March 26, 2023 2:58 AM

The attackers are all republicans. Usually religious, too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216March 26, 2023 2:59 AM

r216 Well, that's just unacceptable and admittedly too far. Eric is just a mother who suffers from a mental illness. That doesn't make Eric a pedophile trafficking their children. Obviously.

by Anonymousreply 217March 26, 2023 3:04 AM

We're not allowed to discuss right-wing gays now.

It's all TransHate all the time on the Datalounge. If we try to talk about something else, the TERF-Nazis will infest the thread and change the discussion to TERF-Nazi shit.

They're AstroTERFing the Datalounge. In political science, astroturfing is an attempt to give the false impression that a certain candidate or policy enjoys widespread grassroots support of the community when little such support exists. Descriptive of its intent, the term “astroturfing” refers to AstroTurf brand synthetic carpeting designed to mimic natural grass.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218March 26, 2023 3:06 AM

^ Oh wait, I see that's actually a biological man. It was just confusing because he was in the hospital bed like he just gave birth. Still doesn't make her "pedo" comment ok, though. And, again, it's always the same group: religious fanatics. They will always be a problem because religion is poison.

by Anonymousreply 219March 26, 2023 3:08 AM

R184, all those things you’re saying about radical feminism are not true. Radical feminism does not mean Shelia Jeffries or anyone talking on Fox News. Executing bisexuals, seriously?

Radical feminism is just trans rights without surgery and stereotypes. And it’s not a popular movement.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220March 26, 2023 3:27 AM

R218 being a totally disingenuous asshole. We can talk about both topics just fine.

by Anonymousreply 221March 26, 2023 3:28 AM

R218 Fuck off with that “most vulnerable” rhetoric about the trans. There’s never been a LESS vulnerable minority.

by Anonymousreply 222March 26, 2023 3:30 AM

Log Cabinettes: R30 is a problem, R29 is JUST FINE.

by Anonymousreply 223March 26, 2023 3:32 AM

Sure, R222, we believe that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224March 26, 2023 3:33 AM

r208 When those pink hair people are getting elected to congress while chanting "eat the rich" and locking people in their apartments for two years, it's time to get as far away from their mental illness as possible.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225March 26, 2023 3:38 AM

AOC is a nightmare, but MTG and Boebert are quality representation apparently

by Anonymousreply 226March 26, 2023 3:40 AM

R224 So it’s a competition over which demographic can claim the most dead is it? What’s the prize? A gold in the oppression Olympics? Trans are still the least vulnerable by every metric. Just look at the “protests” in New Zealand the other day - such trans oppression there! They shut down a women’s free speech event through sheer MALE brute force. No, trans is not even remotely marginalized, they just want everyone else to think they are so they can claim ULTIMATE VICTIM status.

by Anonymousreply 227March 26, 2023 3:40 AM

Don't forget the TERF Nazi buddies, Matty Gaetz, Paul Gosar, Louie Gohmert, Gym Jordan, and on and on and on.

by Anonymousreply 228March 26, 2023 3:42 AM

Trash knows no sexual orientation

by Anonymousreply 229March 26, 2023 3:44 AM

R226 Can they not all be awful and useless in their own ways because all of them are for different reasons.

by Anonymousreply 230March 26, 2023 3:57 AM

Gays and lesbians aren’t particularly concerned about trans.

The right wing, however, as evidenced by the trolls on DL, are utterly obsessed by them.

by Anonymousreply 231March 26, 2023 4:41 AM

[quote]Gays and lesbians aren’t particularly concerned about trans.

The hard left likes to say this shit, and it just ain’t true. They like to point their fingers at the hard right.

by Anonymousreply 232March 26, 2023 4:47 AM

[Quote] The hard left likes to say this shit, and it just ain’t true. They like to point their fingers at the hard right.

My gay friends and I almost never talk about trans. No one I know talks about trans. Only the right talks incessantly about trans and how evil they apparently are.

Just like the right talks about its targets-of-the-moment: gays, Blacks, Muslims, immigrants, women, etc

by Anonymousreply 233March 26, 2023 4:49 AM

[quote]gays, Blacks, Muslims, immigrants, women, etc

Because you and your friends are hard left^.

by Anonymousreply 234March 26, 2023 4:51 AM

Clearly anything left of craven, partisan sociopath is hard left for you.

by Anonymousreply 235March 26, 2023 4:53 AM

R233 Is clearly larping as a gay man on datalounge.

Everyone knows that Muslims want to kill gay men.

by Anonymousreply 236March 26, 2023 4:53 AM

You can call names, but you are hard left.

by Anonymousreply 237March 26, 2023 4:54 AM

No Muslims do not want to kill gay men. You fucking bigot.

by Anonymousreply 238March 26, 2023 4:55 AM

“Hard left.” Only a European would say that—not a native English speaker. I’m guessing Russian

by Anonymousreply 239March 26, 2023 4:56 AM

Good lord^.

by Anonymousreply 240March 26, 2023 4:57 AM

R238 Poll and poll of Muslims around the globe indicate that they want to either imprison gay men or have them murdered.

Although, In Iran they'll give gay men the choice of either execution or transing. So gay men in that country have the choice of death or getting their dicks cut off.

So sit down, you gay-hating freak.

by Anonymousreply 241March 26, 2023 4:59 AM

[quote]No Muslims do not want to kill gay men. You fucking bigot.

In no way am I’m venturing into the decade with gays and lesbians who say shit like this. Gay people are unreal today. Unbelievable. Awful.

by Anonymousreply 242March 26, 2023 4:59 AM

*next decade

by Anonymousreply 243March 26, 2023 5:00 AM

[quote]No Muslims do not want to kill gay men. You fucking bigot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 244March 26, 2023 5:02 AM

^ Literally the words of that chorus flew out of my mouth when I read that dumb shit at r238.

by Anonymousreply 245March 26, 2023 5:04 AM

Save your.broad brushes for the next Klan Rally. We’ve been painted with them too many times.

by Anonymousreply 246March 26, 2023 5:05 AM

I swear there are commenters here who just use a random selection of words like “klan”, “right wing”, “Russian”, “bigot” etc. and throw them out in any order in any thread with no need to make any sense!

by Anonymousreply 247March 26, 2023 5:09 AM

There really is no need to differentiate anymore.

by Anonymousreply 248March 26, 2023 5:13 AM

r247 Maybe they're AI chatbots. Those things are usually programmed with a limited vocabulary and it becomes more obvious if their code gets broken in a boolean loop. Probably looks something like this under the hood:

if (PostStatesBiologicalSexMatters) = true {

System.out.println("NAZI TERF BIGOT"); }

}

----

Broken code. It's the only explanation.

by Anonymousreply 249March 26, 2023 5:23 AM

Another thread full of right-wing propaganda.

by Anonymousreply 250March 26, 2023 5:34 AM

R52 I don't mean to defend trump but I don't think he had anything to do with picking his cabinet. He didn't know who Pence was and I doubt he knew who any of them were except for Bannon and a few others. His IQ is probably no higher than 80. I doubt for a second that he ever knew or figured out how the govt worked and I'm sure doesn't care. He spent most of those 4 years watching TV and tweeting for attention.

by Anonymousreply 251March 26, 2023 5:34 AM

Despite what some may believe or wish same sex marriage isn't going away. That issue was what bonded certain demographic in gay community to everyone else. Now that bougie to wealthy (mostly if not majority) white gays have same property and other rights via marriage as their straight siblings or peers, they are free to return to their "roots" so to speak.

OP and some others may not know this but there always has been a number of conservative gays. Largely white they ranged from middle or working class right up to wealthy.

Some of the same things you hear from "conservative" gays today were common enough even back in 1980's or 1970's. They don't like blacks or other minorities in general, the less fortunate, trans (drag queens are tolerated long as they are entertainment), and so it goes.

Could take you to any number of parties out in the Hamptons, LI where you'll find a sea of white, well off privileged gays enjoying their privileges. They have their husbands and or children, move in same circles (for most part) as their conservative peers.

by Anonymousreply 252March 26, 2023 6:16 AM

Not all bottoms are gay Republicans, but all gay Republicans are flaming bottoms.

by Anonymousreply 253March 26, 2023 6:18 AM

[quote] Despite what some may believe or wish same sex marriage isn't going away.

People said the same thing about Roe v. Wade and the right to an abortion.

by Anonymousreply 254March 26, 2023 6:25 AM

A member of the Supreme Court, a republican, announced gay marriage would be revisited. His wife helped Trump plan the coup.

by Anonymousreply 255March 26, 2023 6:28 AM

Two words:

Fuck him!

by Anonymousreply 256March 26, 2023 6:34 AM

I’ve totally lost my faith in the Democrats. They want me to live.

by Anonymousreply 257March 26, 2023 6:44 AM

R252 is so quaint. That's the same kind of shit we used to hear about abortion not going anywhere and being settled law and safe. People we knew who were concerned about this issue had money and influence and education with strong positions in the community - how could their rights ever be taken away from them? We didn't believe it would happen.

But they did take their rights away, Blanche, they did.

The right wing in America are fucking evil Nazi scum and they need to be handled. They did it to the abortion chicks and they'll do it to gays. Nobody is safe, nobody's rights are safe. We almost lost the whole goddamn thing to those cheap thugs on January Sixth. Never again.

It's not the Log Cabinets that are the problem. They're just stupid and useless. It's the deadly serious fascist right wing behind them, calling all the shots. That's who we have to worry about and if you're not worried about them, you should be.

by Anonymousreply 258March 26, 2023 7:00 AM

There have always been conservative, right-wing gays. As someone said above, being gay isn't a political orientation. To broaden the scope, I'll add Pim Fortuyn to the list someone compiled above of American right-wing gays.

R66, about Glenn Loury: I don't agree with his political views, but I do enjoy listening to his opinions and how he got there. Also, he excels at fairly summarizing his political opponents' standpoint (steel manning). It's weak-minded to dismiss others' opinions because they don't align with your own.

by Anonymousreply 259March 26, 2023 7:31 AM

R214- the kid went into the dressing room of drag queen, if the picture ws of the kid with any athelete in the locker room, everyone will be tweeting about hw lucky the kid is to meet their idol

by Anonymousreply 260March 26, 2023 8:51 AM

Democrats are so fucking CRAZY.

by Anonymousreply 261March 26, 2023 9:10 AM

Republicans are so fucking EVIL!

by Anonymousreply 262March 26, 2023 9:29 AM

That's the thing, they aren't. They're just people.

by Anonymousreply 263March 26, 2023 9:30 AM

Since when did DataLounge espouse the above shit. We all want republicans to die in a grease fire.

by Anonymousreply 264March 26, 2023 9:43 AM

[quote]I’ve totally lost my faith in the Democrats. They want me to live

in a Orwellian dystopia?

by Anonymousreply 265March 26, 2023 9:46 AM

The gay republicans are still very much a minority. They shout a lot to make it seem like their numbers are large, but they're few and far between in reality.

by Anonymousreply 266March 26, 2023 9:54 AM

We want a better world, R264.

by Anonymousreply 267March 26, 2023 9:58 AM

Republicans dying in grease fires IS a better world, honey.

by Anonymousreply 268March 26, 2023 9:59 AM

Well, you won't get to that better world with Republicans In power, unless you want a world full of conservative white nationalist Christians and no one else.

by Anonymousreply 269March 26, 2023 10:02 AM

R268. No, Hun. This isn't cute.

by Anonymousreply 270March 26, 2023 10:04 AM

R269 Republicans are much more tolerant and humanist than Democrats these days. I will always vote for the more humanist party.

by Anonymousreply 271March 26, 2023 10:04 AM

[quote] Since when did DataLounge espouse the above shit.

Never. We don't espouse the TERFs and we definitely don't espouse their Nazi friends.

[quote] We all want republicans to die in a grease fire.

We do indeed and sooner rather than later, r264. These people are just Trans Hating TERFs, Trans Hating Nazis and Trans Hating trolls who have descended on the Datalounge. We're waiting for them to get their asses kicked.

Muriel is slow but she'll get there. We don't have any Prancing Ponies anymore, now do we?

by Anonymousreply 272March 26, 2023 10:06 AM

R268 👏

by Anonymousreply 273March 26, 2023 10:07 AM

R271 needs immediate help getting thrown into a grease fire.

Fucking Nazi troll.

by Anonymousreply 274March 26, 2023 10:08 AM

LoL at R271.

by Anonymousreply 275March 26, 2023 10:10 AM

R271 = Infiltrator

by Anonymousreply 276March 26, 2023 10:13 AM

What a bunch of paranoid retards.

by Anonymousreply 277March 26, 2023 11:19 AM

Isn't there a nice grease fire waiting for you somewhere, R277?

by Anonymousreply 278March 26, 2023 11:31 AM

R271 Come on. At least make your trolling a little less obvious!

by Anonymousreply 279March 26, 2023 11:34 AM

I'm not the one beating a decades-old joke into the ground.

by Anonymousreply 280March 26, 2023 11:37 AM

R271

"Humanism: an outlook or system of thought attaching prime importance to human rather than divine or supernatural matters. Humanist beliefs stress the potential value and goodness of human beings, emphasize common human needs, and seek solely rational ways of solving human problems."

So you think Democrats are more religious than Republicans? You think Republicans are more likely to support "common human needs" such as Medicare, Medicaid, SNAP, CHIP, gay rights, women's rights, voting rights, civil rights?

and that they're more tolerant about gay rights?

by Anonymousreply 281March 26, 2023 11:43 AM

[quote]I’ve totally lost my faith in the Democrats.

It’s the “progressives” not liberals. There are liberals out there.

by Anonymousreply 282March 26, 2023 12:54 PM

The current state of this thread now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283March 26, 2023 1:04 PM

Self-hating lunatics, mostly. They won't win daddy's approval by being morons, but still they try.

by Anonymousreply 284March 26, 2023 1:11 PM

The psychologizing explanations of political opinion holding is so inane. It’s midwit and was cutting edge in the sixties, man. ^

by Anonymousreply 285March 26, 2023 1:19 PM

[Quote] Poll and poll of Muslims around the globe indicate that they want to either imprison gay men or have them murdered.

In the US, pills, however, show evangelicals hate gays and gays right far far more than Muslims.

So yes, fuck you, you MAGAT troll

by Anonymousreply 286March 26, 2023 1:33 PM

[Quote] I’ve totally lost my faith in the Democrats.

Considering you’re a paid Russian troll, you only have faith in whomever Putin tells you to have faith in

by Anonymousreply 287March 26, 2023 1:34 PM

Haha Boris! We see you 🙈 Don't spend all your rubles at once! Gruel doesn't buy itself, gurl!

by Anonymousreply 288March 26, 2023 1:49 PM

Republicans in Florida now will not allow a teacher to mention their partner, or they'll lose their job. They're not allowed to show a photo of world masterpieces in art, or lose their job. They're not allowed to teach factual world history, or they'll lose their job. And this isn't enough. The republicans want to take it a step further and jail them for the above. And some idiot above says the Republicans are the huminists.

by Anonymousreply 289March 26, 2023 1:51 PM

You failed to mention imprisoning and/or executing women for “murdering zygotes”. But “women with penises” are the existential threat to women. It’d be laughable in a movie like iIdiocracy if it weren’t such a nightmare in reality.

by Anonymousreply 290March 26, 2023 1:57 PM

I love it when people reference movies in a serious political discussion.

by Anonymousreply 291March 26, 2023 2:02 PM

No one is murdering or imprisoning women for abortions R290. How can you believe that? Even among prolife people that position is rejects by the vast majority.

by Anonymousreply 292March 26, 2023 2:04 PM

Gay Republicans are like half-muggle wizards calling themselves mudbloods and joining the Death Eaters.

Hunny, Voldemort just ain't into you like that 💅

by Anonymousreply 293March 26, 2023 2:07 PM

That is the most cringe analogy I have EVER fucking heard

by Anonymousreply 294March 26, 2023 2:51 PM

There is no "worldview" in which anything they believe makes sense R85. There can't be anything but a psychological explanation.

by Anonymousreply 295March 26, 2023 4:36 PM

I guess they've heard Peter Thiel's partner position is open and they are angling to apply. But they should take warning from what happened to Jeff Thomas. Libertarians=death.

by Anonymousreply 296March 26, 2023 5:03 PM

I do not support Trump for president as he is ugly. I support Hawley as he is the hawtest Republican.

by Anonymousreply 297March 26, 2023 5:37 PM

R260, sad that you try to defend the image at R214.

Show me an image of a kid standing next to an athlete who is wearing nothing except a bit of material over his dick. What athlete would want such a photo taken of him and put out publicly?

The loonies keep pushing the envelope and your type keeps defending them.

by Anonymousreply 298March 26, 2023 5:45 PM

I thought drag queens "toned it down" for the kids? That's what all the defenders of drag queens who want to read to kids or in other ways babysit our youth keep saying.

by Anonymousreply 299March 26, 2023 5:48 PM

R294 Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 300March 26, 2023 5:51 PM

I watched the YouTube video w/ Peter Thiel posted upthread. I thought he was pretty balanced. I did not know anything about him. He seems a bit aspie, but that's everyone in tech. He made a good point, which I agree with, is that if you are the privileged person with the power, you are going to use. He would/has used it, I would use it, and now others get to use it. Why wouldn't you take advantage of these things. He also made an interesting parallel about how victimization was the cornerstone of Judeo-Christian religious teaches with the Jews being persecuted in the Old Testament/Torah & Jesus in the New Testament and how that has come almost full circle to where we are today,

The other thing I've realized is that I need to marry a tech billionaire.

by Anonymousreply 301March 26, 2023 6:04 PM

[Quote]The other thing I've realized is that I need to marry a tech billionaire.

Don't we all.

by Anonymousreply 302March 26, 2023 6:07 PM

I guess as an elder gay I don't understand why drag queens need to read to kids. It's a nice gesture but I don't believe we should be jeopardizing all the gay rights progress we've made over the decades just so Shantellah can read to little Jimmy at Barnes and Noble.

by Anonymousreply 303March 26, 2023 6:08 PM

As someone who lives in SF, he made another interesting point. If you focus on what feels like an impossible fix with the homeless in the city, it pulls away the focus from the other major problems facing San Francisco, letting the politicians off the hook (and potentially keeping people off the scent of their own consumption).

He was also saying that having someone like Biden in the White House allows the woke "progressive" insanity to continue b/c if you some who is either not mentally competent or simply "gaffe prone" as Joe Biden is, it is to the parties advantage that he is locked away in the basement avoiding the tough questions. He said if you had a competent orator as President, such as Pete Buttegieg (his example) these things would actually need to be addressed or would force a more competent explanation for the insanity of it all.

by Anonymousreply 304March 26, 2023 6:10 PM

R303 if it wasn't drag queen storytime, it'd be something else and you know it. They hate us, they hate us, they hate us.

by Anonymousreply 305March 26, 2023 6:36 PM

A better question, why any white gay man who doesn't rely on public benefits to live is still a democrat/liberal? Conservatives/republicans, for all of their "anti-gay" agenda, are impotent/incompetent so there's no actual danger from them. On the other hand, for the increasingly unhinged left, with their anti white/male/cis agenda, you'll always be the enemy no matter how hard you try.

by Anonymousreply 306March 26, 2023 6:38 PM

R306 oh yes, conservatives are "no danger"

-stares in Supreme Court

by Anonymousreply 307March 26, 2023 6:40 PM

[quote] On the other hand, for the increasingly unhinged left, with their anti white/male/cis agenda, you'll always be the enemy no matter how hard you try.

To borrow their words, this is becoming increasingly more problematic.

by Anonymousreply 308March 26, 2023 6:40 PM

Thanks, conservatives!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 309March 26, 2023 6:41 PM

this is wt they think of gays

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 310March 26, 2023 6:47 PM

You're sticking up for Peter fucking Theil? Republicans being "harmless" to gays? The right wing extremists as preferable to the Democratic Party?

You're totally out of your tiny little minds. Have you been inviting the Nazis over again? No good will come of that.

by Anonymousreply 311March 26, 2023 6:49 PM

There's not a single conservative society on earth where gay people have any rights but SOMEHOW in America, it would be Utopia for gays

by Anonymousreply 312March 26, 2023 6:53 PM

Guy Benson is cute, and he and his husband make a nice couple. They are like the conservative version of Pete Buttigieg and Chasten.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 313March 26, 2023 6:55 PM

r the furries just sexual play, if they r, they should not be done while in the presence of children. They r giving free ammo to the christian talibans. Y r these replublicans not saying anything on the churches openly raping children

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 314March 26, 2023 6:55 PM

R313- send them back to the europe

by Anonymousreply 315March 26, 2023 6:57 PM

The Conservatives/Republicans/right-wing/Evangelical fundamentalists and the Nazis are going to instantly and magically LOVE gays.

If we just give them our votes and our money, all of their evil behaviors and attacks against us will disappear in a puff of brimstone.

by Anonymousreply 316March 26, 2023 6:58 PM

Who was the gay conservative mouthpiece last year who announced he and his husband were having a baby? And all his colleagues and "friends" admitted that it was disgusting and wrong?

GEE, WHAT A SURPRISE.

by Anonymousreply 317March 26, 2023 7:00 PM

There are people who only look out for themselves. Then there are People who think about other people. Both kinds exist in the gay community.

Now that gays have won broad acceptance and it's safer to be gay, the self centred gays are coming out of the woodwork after the altruistic gays have fought their battles for them.

by Anonymousreply 318March 26, 2023 7:07 PM

R317 - link pls, so i can solve them in their faces

by Anonymousreply 319March 26, 2023 7:07 PM

R319 I wish I could remember. It was some guy at Fox or the Daily Wire, one of those shitholes, and he announced he and husband were starting a family and the colleagues were ...less than enthused.

by Anonymousreply 320March 26, 2023 7:11 PM

You're a dumbass, Yvonne

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 321March 26, 2023 7:13 PM

Pete and Chasten are two of the most basic, white bread palatable gays ever and Republicans hate them.

So....

by Anonymousreply 322March 26, 2023 7:15 PM

R319 found it!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 323March 26, 2023 7:22 PM

[quote] Pete and Chasten are two of the most basic, white bread palatable gays ever and Republicans hate them.

It’s good if people hate them for who they are as individuals, and not hate because they are part of a group. It looks like most of the criticism of them is based on who they are as individuals and what their actions and statements have been.

by Anonymousreply 324March 26, 2023 7:24 PM

[Quote] No one is murdering or imprisoning women for abortions [R290]. How can you believe that?

Oh, it’s coming

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 325March 26, 2023 7:24 PM

Republican Gays = Stupidity

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 326March 26, 2023 7:25 PM

R325 it will not pass the legislature.

by Anonymousreply 327March 26, 2023 7:33 PM

Pussies. That's why. I have a lesbian friend I've talked about on here before. It's like she's so desperate to be part of "the boy's club" she abandoned everything she once believed in.

So desperate for her father's approval - who loves Fox News, especially Tucker and especially Sean Hannity who is a spitting image of her father.

Once week she was going on about my body, my choice, because Biden was president at the time of Roe V Wade was reversed, until she realized it was the right wing who was responsible. Then she's telling off people on Facebook in support of Roe V Wade "If you want to murder your babies, go to a state where it's allowed".

Our friendship has deteriorated to nothing now and I couldn't be happier.

by Anonymousreply 328March 26, 2023 7:35 PM

TL:DR the thread but here are your answers:

They hate trans people. They hate Islam.

by Anonymousreply 329March 26, 2023 7:38 PM

I was told there is no such thing as gay (mental illness) conservatives. Being gay is either mental illness or unnatural to Republicans. It's simply incompatible and gay rights/marriage is non negotiable. A conservative is all about CONSERVING, traditions and the bible is set in stone for majority conservatives. Gays are bad for stable, strong societies. Obama pushed the gay agenda with passing pro gay laws and backlash followed with make America great again.

by Anonymousreply 330March 26, 2023 7:38 PM

R298- oiled up, only covering their dicks, ass hanging out fr everyone to see. Stop barging in others dressing room while they r changing if u r that uncomfortable with human body, n everything is sexual to u

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 331March 26, 2023 8:25 PM

R331, you idiot. Those men are the fathers of those two little girls.

by Anonymousreply 332March 26, 2023 8:29 PM

people bring children to sporting events, n barge in the atheletes locker room bcoz they r the only way to meet these athletes, bcoz of the lack of security who will stop them if they do not hv the official pass or does know them personally

by Anonymousreply 333March 26, 2023 8:30 PM

R332- fathers rape daughters all the time, stop bullshiting

by Anonymousreply 334March 26, 2023 8:31 PM

R334, who is the sick one now? They didn't bring their daughters to stand against some strange man in a sexual pose. Why don't you stop bullshitting now?

Notice the daughters are dressed in cute dresses and not posing weirdly. They also aren't pretending to be the opposite sex.

by Anonymousreply 335March 26, 2023 8:34 PM

Compare the pic at R331 of the two men holding their daughters.

Then look at the pic of the freaky man at R214 pictured with the little boy who is dressed as a girl. The child's drag name is @queenlactatia.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 336March 26, 2023 8:42 PM

R335- u r the sick creep who think any gay man in the vicinity of children r trying to fuck them. Everything is sexual to u. The parents r there to protect these children when these pictures were taken unlike u all leaving children in the churches unsupervised fully knowing the priests rapes children

by Anonymousreply 337March 26, 2023 8:53 PM

R337, do you think that's a cute pic at R336?

by Anonymousreply 338March 26, 2023 8:55 PM

R336- the parents r there to ensure the safety of their children like in this video of the father taking his son to the strip club

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 339March 26, 2023 8:56 PM

R339, you like those pics, don't you?

by Anonymousreply 340March 26, 2023 8:57 PM

The picture is fine. The kid's parents were there, they have the authority not a bunch of TERFs who hang out with Nazis.

by Anonymousreply 341March 26, 2023 8:57 PM

R338- no one is saying that's is a cute picture. If u r hearing voices inside ur head, consult a doctor

by Anonymousreply 342March 26, 2023 8:57 PM

It's pretty obvious anyone who comes here to imply gay men are paedos is a straight right wing troll. I suspect the DL link has been shared on their Twitter pages and they think it's funny to come here and spew homophobia.

You'd be better off blocking them, rather than engaging. They'll soon vanish once they stop getting attention.

by Anonymousreply 343March 26, 2023 8:58 PM

R340- were u touched when y were a children, wts ur issue with human body, y is everything sexual to u

by Anonymousreply 344March 26, 2023 8:59 PM

R343- no, keeping quite is y they r so vocal right now, hit them with informations, call out their sexualizing everything

by Anonymousreply 345March 26, 2023 9:01 PM

OP, you've dumped your friend, and you let him know why you've dumped him, right? That you can't be friends with an immoral racist sexist fascist bigot who supports a traitor to all things good and decent!

Donald Trump is a proven pathologically lying criminally corrupt narcissistic sociopath and mob-connected conman & fraud. He's an admitted sexual predator, a credibly accused rapist (two dozen times over, one of a 13 year old girl), and an utterly failed businessman.

Why the FUCK would anyone with a brain in their heads and a heart in their chest want that man to reprise the most disastrous Presidency this country has ever seen? LET ALONE A GAY MAN, VOTING FOR LITERAL NAZIS THAT WANT TO ERASE LGBT+ PEOPLE FROM SOCIETY!

I have no patience for gay republicans at all. Self-loathing twats, all of them.

by Anonymousreply 346March 26, 2023 9:01 PM

R345 It doesn't work, though. They tried it in the 1970s and here we are today - homosexuality isn't seen as a mental illness and is clearly not the same thing as paedophilia.

If it didn't work in the 1970s (when gay rights were a lot worse than they are now) it definitely won't work now.

The fact they seem hysterical is because they know that really.

by Anonymousreply 347March 26, 2023 9:03 PM

R337, his parents aren't doing a good job but you like those types of parents.

by Anonymousreply 348March 26, 2023 9:03 PM

The Nazi trolls get invited here to attack Trans by the TERFs who also come to the DL to attack Trans.

Normal websites won't allow them but the DL will. People should send an email to Muriel and complain about this.

TERFs sure are stupid. As soon as they kill all the TRANS the Nazis will start in on the rest of the LGBs and, of course, Uppity Straight women. This is who the TERFs invite into the Datalounge and into their "concern" Trans Hate rallies.

by Anonymousreply 349March 26, 2023 9:06 PM

R347- the january 6 terrorists r still out on the street, y r they not arrested. These all r happening bcoz these r going unchallenged

by Anonymousreply 350March 26, 2023 9:07 PM

[quote] Obama pushed the gay agenda

R330 It was his vice president Biden's gaffe that pushed the gay agenda. Obama was caught on the wrong foot while he was still busy evolving 😂 on the issue. He had no choice but to follow Biden 😅!

by Anonymousreply 351March 26, 2023 9:11 PM

No hate like Republican Christian love!

No amount of “respectful” dialogue can overcome the inconvenient truth that the homosexual lifestyle is morally wrong. I love my friend Dave Rubin, but I do not support his lifestyle or raising children with two dads. Moral gerrymandering does not and cannot legitimize any sin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 352March 26, 2023 9:11 PM

A day without trannies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 353March 26, 2023 9:12 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 354March 26, 2023 9:13 PM

R352- she should be executed for treason

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 355March 26, 2023 9:16 PM

R347- collect informations before they start killing u

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 356March 26, 2023 9:21 PM

R352 Lol she sounds like a twat. Why wouldn't Dave Rubin, upon reading that, not say "fuck off, Jenna"?

I can only assume he's some sort of masochist.

by Anonymousreply 357March 26, 2023 9:23 PM

R357 of course he's a masochist, he's a gay conservative

by Anonymousreply 358March 26, 2023 9:31 PM

start contacting gay organisations to build a green house or something in these african countries where gays can work. The food is hw the christian missionaries control these countries. Tax these churches n find out who r donating to these homophobic churches

by Anonymousreply 359March 26, 2023 9:33 PM

The delusion of these freaks are insane.

#DROTTHET

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 360March 26, 2023 9:37 PM

*DROPTHET

by Anonymousreply 361March 26, 2023 9:38 PM

R356 she sounds and looks like Rosanne Barr. Maybe she is doing that on purpose.

by Anonymousreply 362March 26, 2023 9:46 PM

Fat Micki Olsen seems ready willing and able to serve a couple more years in prison. We're very happy to oblige her.

Tack on an extra few months for that cheap, ugly costume.

by Anonymousreply 363March 26, 2023 10:01 PM

I think it's because they are so tired of how communist the gay community has become in the past few years. I'm not voting R because it's not good for me, but I am annoyed with some of my gay friends who have become so dogmatic and deranged.

by Anonymousreply 364March 26, 2023 10:21 PM

[Quote]dogmatic and deranged.

^That's the issue right there, summed up succinctly.

by Anonymousreply 365March 26, 2023 10:31 PM

r364 Sucks being politically homeless, doesn't it?

by Anonymousreply 366March 26, 2023 10:34 PM

You pretend that the gay community is COMMUNIST?? Seriously?

Do you even know what a Communist is? Evidently not, I withdraw the question.

R364, honey, you're not well. Seek some psychiatric help, good meds and an education.

by Anonymousreply 367March 26, 2023 10:36 PM

I read these right wing troll comments and they never have a clear point. Tell us clearly, r364 just how you've see the gays becoming communist. Go into detal, describe what it is that they're doing that's communism.

by Anonymousreply 368March 26, 2023 10:47 PM

Many Nazis were gay...until they were tossed in the camps.

by Anonymousreply 369March 27, 2023 1:05 AM

A long time ago I was in my car turning the radio dial looking for a daytime talk show the one with Maddow. It was that long ago. Anyway, I happened to stop for a sec on rush limbus's channel because he said A black man will become president before a woman ever does. And then he said a woman would never become president. When Obama was elected the first time he won over Hillary in the primaries. But I don't think the backlash was because of Obama winning, It was exactly what Rush said. They were not going to vote for a woman and probably never will.

by Anonymousreply 370March 27, 2023 2:09 AM

[quote]When those pink hair people are getting elected to congress while chanting "eat the rich" and locking people in their apartments for two years, it's time to get as far away from their mental illness as possible.

Yes, someone who has pink hair is mentally ill, not the COVID denier Republican who trolls Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 371March 27, 2023 2:16 AM

Minstrel show

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 372March 27, 2023 2:52 AM

Speaking of WWE...

Guys...this man was president. 😂

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 373March 27, 2023 3:26 AM

R367 I don't identify as right wing, or conservative, or Republican. But am I disappointed with Democrats? Yes. Am I disillusioned by American politics in general? Yes. Am I annoyed by the behavior and rhetoric of many leftists? Yes. And I can understand how some people's reaction is to become pushed towards the right. And by communist, many younger gays that I know identify as anti-capitalist and they've borrowed behaviors from cancel culture. If you're associated with someone or say an opinion that they feel is problematic, they'll just ice you out and tell everyone else that you're now off limits. And while that's true for everyone, they take it to a degree that's too far and soulless. One of my friends scolded me like I was a dumb child for buying clothes at Target because it's fast fashion, which is bad for the environment. So no, I'm not very vocal about my political opinions, and I'm already on thin ice because I don't post enough social justice infographics to my instagram story. It sucks because they're very good people, we used to be very close in college, but ever since the past three years they've drifted to being more and more dogmatic about certain issues and it's put a strain on our friendships.

by Anonymousreply 374March 27, 2023 4:25 AM

r347, you just blamed the Democratic Party for things that a couple of your friends have done. You listed complaints about Dems and leftists but didn't say anything about Republicans "annoying" you with their rhetoric.

I guess you're attempting to play on our emotions, but it's pretty transparent.

by Anonymousreply 375March 27, 2023 7:32 AM

R374- n the replublican party goals for gays is to hang every last gays, including children on the street lamps so every everyone can see wt happens to sexual deviants. i hope u die the most horrible way possible, R374

by Anonymousreply 376March 27, 2023 9:38 AM

R376 get a grip.

by Anonymousreply 377March 27, 2023 10:38 AM

R377- said the christian talibans who is mad gays do not not want to be murdered

by Anonymousreply 378March 27, 2023 11:07 AM

R369- rly, who love murdering people? The straight guys n the bisexual guys. Keep spreading lies, nazi bitch

by Anonymousreply 379March 27, 2023 11:10 AM

You're a fucking kook, posho. I kind of love it. Please don't operate any heavy machinery.

by Anonymousreply 380March 27, 2023 11:15 AM

R380- go fuck ur sister

by Anonymousreply 381March 27, 2023 11:17 AM

People are poor. Trump is a F U to a system that can't be changed

by Anonymousreply 382March 27, 2023 11:18 AM

R348- n i ask again were u touched when u were a child, y do u think everyone want to fuck these children

by Anonymousreply 383March 27, 2023 11:23 AM

Gays and others are moving away from extremists who are incompetent and reality denying and who attempt to silence any who question them. They are not moving right, as soon as a reasonable left emerges the vast majority of gays and lesbians who take this temporary step will be back.

by Anonymousreply 384March 27, 2023 11:41 AM

I think a lot of it has to do with the T. The T stuff is nonsense and not really related to G and L , but according to the media and gay orgs, it is the same thing. Some want nothing to do with that.

Also, white gays are going to be like other whites when it comes to the extreme racial stuff. Only so many times one can hear white men are trash before it starts to change the thinking.

by Anonymousreply 385March 27, 2023 11:47 AM

I want nothing to do with your R385. Can you break off into a separate group too?

by Anonymousreply 386March 27, 2023 12:07 PM

R384 That's dependent on Democrats taking the criticism and changing. We'll see.

by Anonymousreply 387March 27, 2023 12:14 PM

R386- we are all minorities who every races that has ever existed wants dead, we are together on that ground. Have some compassion. But the transgender women in women's sports should be discussed peacefully, scientifically. The drag queens story hours should be strictly monitered bcoz any pedophile who r pretending to be a drag queen will result in the permanent damage n all drag queens will be seen as pedophiles. Furries, if they r sexual should fuck off to adult-only spaces

by Anonymousreply 388March 27, 2023 12:24 PM

R385 This! By many accounts of Queer, Inc. and the media, as a white eldergay, you really don't want or need my vote anymore. I won't adopt the battle cry of "I'm Queer!" because I find it offensive, I really don't understand what I have in common with a trans person when it comes to fighting for gay rights, and I don't buy much of the "fluid" bullshit flung around in the media on a daily basis.

by Anonymousreply 389March 27, 2023 1:48 PM

Trump isn't an FU to a system that can't be changed. He represents the system that can't be changed. He represents the DARK SIDE of the system that can't be changed. The corrporate control, the bureaucratic dishonesty, the power hunger without empathy. How do people think HE of all people, would be the one to correct our problems, when he's nothing but a lying, cheating asshole. He is the RESULT of the system that can't be changed!

by Anonymousreply 390March 27, 2023 3:02 PM

^That's why the system has been prosecuting him for non-crimes and unsuccessfully trying to jail him for almost a decade now. They're about to fail again.

by Anonymousreply 391March 27, 2023 3:06 PM

Non crimes?? Which one of his many actual crimes are 'non crimes'? That he's had the republican senate (in the past) as his jury to cover for him, or the fact that he was president and couldn't be prosecuted AT THAT TIME because of that, or that he's a master at delay, delay delay. But what non crimes are you talking about?

by Anonymousreply 392March 27, 2023 3:13 PM

Which "actual" crimes?

by Anonymousreply 393March 27, 2023 3:22 PM

If you are willfully blind to Trumps actual crimes, that tells everyone just how "moderate" you are and how willing you are to discuss things fairly. You're a far right Trumper who's gullible and Fox and right wing media has rotted your brain. No discussion to see here.

by Anonymousreply 394March 27, 2023 3:51 PM

Fucking idiots

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 395March 30, 2023 4:48 PM

The Washington Post is doing a special in depth report on the Russian disinformation campaigns and all the shit they have been doing to fuck us.

by Anonymousreply 396March 30, 2023 4:52 PM

R124, you are an absolute idiot.

by Anonymousreply 397March 30, 2023 4:55 PM

Gay males became suspect to many on the Left because they have jobs and money and don't demand all kinds of free things from the government. Also they became perceived as boring compared to the Trans. This drove some gays away from the D party.

by Anonymousreply 398March 30, 2023 5:25 PM

[QUOTE] [R374]- n the replublican party goals for gays is to hang every last gays, including children on the street lamps so every everyone can see wt happens to sexual deviants. i hope u die the most horrible way possible, [R374]

MARY!

by Anonymousreply 399March 30, 2023 5:36 PM

Poor troll. He’s not convincing anyone of DL that trans is somehow ruining the planet.

We’ve heard all of this before when it was about gays. ALL the same shit. Calling is all the same names.

by Anonymousreply 400March 31, 2023 3:16 AM

R396 This shit is so juvenile and fucking ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 401March 31, 2023 3:23 AM

R399- u r not gay, so u won't understand wt it's like to live in the perpetual state of fear of being send to the concentration camp to be slaughtered

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 402March 31, 2023 3:25 AM

posho is wearing striped pajamas.

by Anonymousreply 403March 31, 2023 3:27 AM

Life was much better under Trump. Gas was as cheap as I can remember it, interest rates were low, everything was much cheaper. Things really started going down after the hot wax summer of 2021 that never happened.

by Anonymousreply 404March 31, 2023 3:27 AM

I suspect it's because the left has jumped the shark. Gone to far. Silly. Can't help but wonder what the elections will bring.

by Anonymousreply 405March 31, 2023 3:29 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 406March 31, 2023 3:32 AM

So thirsty! 🍷

by Anonymousreply 407March 31, 2023 3:34 AM

R 406 LOVE Wanda! Thank you

by Anonymousreply 408March 31, 2023 3:34 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 409March 31, 2023 3:34 AM

130 mass shootings in 86 days. Who n wt do these christian replublicans do after each mass shootings, deflect from the gun control problem

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 410March 31, 2023 1:25 PM

never forget

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 411March 31, 2023 1:27 PM

R404

Yeah.. well genius, if Trump hadn't fumbled the handling of covid so spectacularly, he would still be president, so blame him for fucking up his chances of reelection.

by Anonymousreply 412March 31, 2023 5:22 PM

R396 The only folks getting duped by Russian "disinformation campaigns" are sheep that are too stupid to know better. Thinking and reasoning seems to be a lost art, let's blame another country for putting "disinformation" on our computers, as we lap it up.

Take another hit from your bong.

by Anonymousreply 413March 31, 2023 5:24 PM

Trump handled Covid really well.

by Anonymousreply 414March 31, 2023 5:24 PM

Everybody points at R414 and laughs.

by Anonymousreply 415March 31, 2023 5:42 PM

The left has gone "to far" OH DEAR R405 but the GOP is a DREAM!!!

by Anonymousreply 416March 31, 2023 5:47 PM

R403- ofcourse u would love that, u r a nazi

by Anonymousreply 417April 1, 2023 1:04 AM

Lots of gays are saying they're conservative as a way to make their fathers proud and to be considered "one of the guys."

by Anonymousreply 418April 1, 2023 4:37 PM

R418 there is some truth to that. I have no desire to stick out in a crowd like a fucking neon light. On the other hand, I just saw some queen identifying as "The Gay Republican" go off with the stereotypical finger pointing gestures and I found him equally repulsive.

by Anonymousreply 419April 1, 2023 4:41 PM

Lots of weak people will align themselves with whoever they see has the power. Being weak they know they will catch hell on their own so they grab a hold of the coattails of the powerful. Right now it seems they are uncontested and that conservative racists and xenophobes will remain in control forever. Better get on the winning team for survival and your chance to torture some folks.

by Anonymousreply 420April 1, 2023 4:46 PM

[quote]The Washington Post is doing a special in depth report on the Russian disinformation campaigns and all the shit they have been doing to fuck us.

I wonder how they compare to our own disinformation campaigns known to many as the news media.

by Anonymousreply 421April 1, 2023 4:50 PM

[quote]Lots of gays are saying they're conservative as a way to make their fathers proud and to be considered "one of the guys."

It’s that simple?

by Anonymousreply 422April 1, 2023 4:53 PM

I feel that George Santos is a self-hating gay who just wants to be considered "one of the guys" so he lies his way into it.

by Anonymousreply 423April 1, 2023 4:55 PM

R422 Pretending it's that simple soothes any cognitive dissonance or discomfort at being confronted with unwelcome societal changes.

by Anonymousreply 424April 1, 2023 4:57 PM

He lies, definitely, and should no longer be a congressman, but we live in unethical times, but I don’t believe he’s self-hating in the least.

by Anonymousreply 425April 1, 2023 4:57 PM

R425 Anyone who lies the way he does is definitely self-hating. From what I've read he was bullied as a child and has started the lies at an early age to get people to like him.

by Anonymousreply 426April 1, 2023 5:01 PM

I just met a Jewish gay psychiatrist who is a Trump fan. Explain that one.

by Anonymousreply 427April 1, 2023 5:03 PM

A lot of gay men lie, it’s almost pathological with many gay men, I agree with you, but I still don’t see evidence he’s self-hating. I don’t read comments where he wanted to cut the homosexuality out of him like Pete Buttigieg. That’s self-hating.

by Anonymousreply 428April 1, 2023 5:03 PM

[quote] I don’t read comments where he wanted to cut the homosexuality out of him like Pete Buttigieg.

Of course not because he lies about everything.

by Anonymousreply 429April 1, 2023 5:08 PM

Okay^. Take care.

by Anonymousreply 430April 1, 2023 5:09 PM

to the gay replublicans, nothing u do will ever make the replublican guys love u bcoz u r the living breathing symbol of what they r too afraid to accept, their secret shame, their same-sex desires

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 431April 1, 2023 6:02 PM

Republican gays usually date each other or nobody, correct?

by Anonymousreply 432April 1, 2023 6:05 PM

But do the right wing gays really care about acceptance or is the feeling of sharing in the "privilege" of being on the "right" side give them the juice they need?

Is it that some folks just want to feel they are right whether it's the truth or not, looking down on those they feel are on the losing side would also gives them the kind of boost they want no?

by Anonymousreply 433April 1, 2023 6:08 PM

Santos has never been honest, and his solution for any doubt or self loathing would be to lie even more.

by Anonymousreply 434April 1, 2023 6:09 PM

[quote]I just met a Jewish gay psychiatrist who is a Trump fan. Explain that one.

Explain that one? Hmm…Datalounge catnip because that trio: gay, Jewish, and Republican is enemy #1 on this site.

by Anonymousreply 435April 1, 2023 6:10 PM

Are all enemy #1, I should say^.

by Anonymousreply 436April 1, 2023 6:11 PM

I'm baffled at how a man who has lived his entire life with close Jewish friends, always worked with Jews, and has Jewish grandchildren got a reputation for being anti-Semitic.

by Anonymousreply 437April 1, 2023 6:14 PM

[quote]Explain that one? Hmm…Datalounge catnip because that trio: gay, Jewish, and Republican is enemy #1 on this site.

Which is why R427 posted this because he knows the fangs come out especially for gays and Jews on this site.

by Anonymousreply 438April 1, 2023 6:15 PM

And it’s probably not even true^.

by Anonymousreply 439April 1, 2023 6:16 PM

At the end of the day, despite it all, one might have to go with the party that is going to best.make their life better. Since being a gay, cis, white man no longer makes you a minority but a privileged class, perhaps it's best to go with the party that has white people's best interests in mind. It's a sad state of affairs, but a party who thinks whit men are the enemy and minorities are the sacred calves who can do no wrong is probably not the party for me.

by Anonymousreply 440April 1, 2023 6:33 PM

the gay replublicans should not have gay rights, it should be reserved only for gay democrats

by Anonymousreply 441April 1, 2023 6:38 PM

"Please love me now daddy!"

by Anonymousreply 442April 1, 2023 6:39 PM

But you shouldn’t go Republican either, R440. There’s no place for gays with the hard left, and there’s no place for gays to n the hard right. I’d just be patient, and step away.

by Anonymousreply 443April 1, 2023 6:39 PM

I know R443. At this point I think people should focus less on the US as a whole and more on the states which will allow you the most freedoms to live life, have abortions, and get the care that you need. Not always practical, but gay men are probably better off living in places like CA, NY, maybe Illinois and that's about it. If the candidates are Trump and Biden, I'm not voting. I don't support either party as is.

by Anonymousreply 444April 1, 2023 6:44 PM

Guuuurrl..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 445April 1, 2023 6:45 PM

r440 Okay then what you are stating is that you realize there is white male privilege and you don't want to give that up. As a white male you don't support equality so your politics align with the party that suppresses equality for anyone that is not white and male. Easier to deal with gay issues as they arise while enjoying most favored status.

by Anonymousreply 446April 1, 2023 6:46 PM

Is it the shadows or does anyone else see a big, cut cock in the pants of R445 - you can see his head. No, I hate Santos, but I can't ignore a big cock if it's bulging.

by Anonymousreply 447April 1, 2023 6:47 PM

This is also why many white women voted for Trump. Better to keep white privilege than fight for women's equality.

by Anonymousreply 448April 1, 2023 6:48 PM

That's a shadow at 445 pic.

by Anonymousreply 449April 1, 2023 6:49 PM

You should definitely vote, R444. Vote for proposals and mileages if anything. Those are so important.

I’m a Democrat, a liberal, not a progressive. I know liberals get lumped into hard left propaganda like transgenderism, and “queer” ideology, but I quietly mosey along. There are good Democrats out there. I don’t support hard-left politicians. I don’t vote Republican. Not even moderate.

by Anonymousreply 450April 1, 2023 6:49 PM

I also do not support the Equality Act.

by Anonymousreply 451April 1, 2023 6:51 PM

[quote] Okay then what you are stating is that you realize there is white male privilege and you don't want to give that up.

Exactly. Who would want to give up their privilege and become second class citizens? When I was idealistic, I wanted us all to share the privilege, but it seems now, privilege can only be extended to one group at a time. We can't all enjoy it, so I am going to hold on to mine. I don't want a party where I have to kiss ass to people who don't deserve it, miss out on opportunities to do biased DEI departments run by POC women with chips on their shoulder. I doesn't work for me. Seeing white democrats take the knee (Pelosi, etc) for thugs like Floyd was a total turn off. Both parties are corrupt.

by Anonymousreply 452April 1, 2023 6:51 PM

BotH SIdEs R teH SAme!

by Anonymousreply 453April 1, 2023 6:52 PM

Are the “hard left” in the room with us?

by Anonymousreply 454April 1, 2023 7:01 PM

No, just the “hard right”^, in your mind. They live rent free there.

by Anonymousreply 455April 1, 2023 7:04 PM

They like being invited “into the club” only to be mocked mercilessly the second they leave the room.

by Anonymousreply 456April 1, 2023 7:06 PM

452 don't mistake being entitled for being deserving.

There is no evidence you deserve any of the things you would deny to others, just your outrage that others dare to feel they are as deserving as you.

I've watched this go on since the 80's because that is when all this started. White men are not better workers then anybody else. They are not more intelligent than anybody else. They certainly or not more trustworthy than anybody else. In fact I've seen the opposite regularly in the work world.

Don't lie to yourself. Take your privilege, enjoy it but never make the mistake of believing you deserve any of it, because you don't.

by Anonymousreply 457April 1, 2023 7:11 PM

Nothing worse than a white gay male progressive, 58, waving his patronizing finger in your face^.

by Anonymousreply 458April 1, 2023 7:15 PM

[quote] I've watched this go on since the 80's because that is when all this started. White men are not better workers then anybody else. They are not more intelligent than anybody else. They certainly or not more trustworthy than anybody else. In fact I've seen the opposite regularly in the work world.

That's totally fine and correct. I agree with you. Let's just give the job to the candidate based on talent and merit. If there is someone who is better qualified for the position or opportunity than me, then they should get it. I don't care who they are. That's what is fair. If they are far less qualified but their skin or gender identity gets them the position over a more deserving candidate, that's not OK. See the Biden Administration for examples.

by Anonymousreply 459April 1, 2023 7:23 PM

Kamala Harris did not earn her spot as VP. Biden painted himself into a corner and HAD to choose a woman of color. Any woman of color, even if she isn't even AA. Kamala has had dubious connections in CA, was highly disliked and failed to advance in the primaries, is hugely unpopular, yet here she sits one heart beat from being President.

by Anonymousreply 460April 1, 2023 7:27 PM

The conversation no one will have is about CLASS and privilege.

It's the top 1% against everybody else but they have the means to keep the 99% fighting each other so the issue of CLASS/PRIVILEGE never becomes part of the fights.

The Dems didn't start the "gotta choose a woman" political game card. It's just one that been floating around out there since Obama first ran when they expected Hillary to win the nom for President. Then when Sarah Palin got chosen as VP that helped keep having a woman candidate alive. I also think Harris was chosen as a contrast to the GOP white male supremacy thing they were getting with Trump.

by Anonymousreply 461April 1, 2023 7:43 PM

no hate like the christian love

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 462April 1, 2023 7:47 PM

Biden and Harris don't even like each other. They rarely communicate. Why her? Why couldn't he have chosen someone more deserving. OR why couldn't he have had Pete as a VP? He would have been far better in the role than Harris and could have been an asset, while still also making history. We might have seen a much more cohesive and liked administration.

by Anonymousreply 463April 1, 2023 7:52 PM

For all we know, Pete was asked and wisely said no. This administration was always destined to be a dumpster fire.

You don't remember how upset everyone was when Biden was declared the de facto winner of the primary because his opponents dropped out?

by Anonymousreply 464April 1, 2023 7:56 PM

[quote]If they are far less qualified but their skin or gender identity gets them the position over a more deserving candidate, that's not OK.

Strongly disagree.

You can't admit there is white privilege toward white men who have benefited from that privilege disproportionately and then say everybody else has to meet standards they cannot attain because they did not have the same privilege.

The reason some candidates will be less qualified is because their lack of privilege did not give them the education needed to compete on the level with white privileged males.

I lived this example with my father as business owner. I'm Black my father could not compete because of the color of his skin. My father's business benefited from Affirmative Action programs enacted by the government. Because of those programs he was able to learn better ways to run his business and we have a family business that is still going after 70 years, now being run by my older brother and his oldest son.

Many generations of Black families have been denied this kind of legacy because we do not control or have access to privilege. White men hold all those avenues and white men decided which neighborhoods had good schools and which neighborhoods had shit schools. The decided which neighborhoods would get police protection and which neighborhoods would not.

Level the playing field before you start blowing off about the right people getting the job.

by Anonymousreply 465April 1, 2023 8:02 PM

r12 Dave Rubin, George Santos, Elijah Shaffer, Brad Polumbo, Tyler Goodspeed, James O'Keefe

by Anonymousreply 466April 1, 2023 8:05 PM

To answer the original question, I vote Republican because my investments go up in value when an R is in the White House and they go down in value when there's a D in the White House. We have gay marriage, and a majority of Americans were quite fine with the gays until the whole trans and gender fluid BS started pulling the entire movement down. I'll fight with those that are fighting for LGB rights, and they tend to be Rs.

by Anonymousreply 467April 1, 2023 8:21 PM

Excerpt from the 2016 National GOP Platform. (They declined to update it in 2020.):

Traditional marriage and family, based on marriage between one man and one woman, is the foundation for a free society and has for millennia been entrusted with rearing children and instilling cultural values. ... In Obergefell, five unelected lawyers robbed 320 million Americans of their legitimate constitutional authority to define marriage as the union of one man and one woman.

We endorse the First Amendment Defense Act, Republican legislation int he House and Senate which will bar government discrimination against individuals and businesses for acting on the belief that marriage is the union of one man and one woman.

by Anonymousreply 468April 1, 2023 9:01 PM

R467, do you think that the people fighting for LGB rights "tend to be Rs"? After the Rs finish their assault on the trans, who do you think they're coming after next? In the GOP National Platform, it says "We also condemn the Supreme Court's lawless ruling in Obergefell v. Hodges. ... We dissent."

by Anonymousreply 469April 1, 2023 9:06 PM

[quote] But the transgender women in women's sports should be discussed peacefully, scientifically.

There's no real need for "scientific" discussion because they are still genetically male and they have no place in sports with genetic females.

by Anonymousreply 470April 1, 2023 10:24 PM

[quote] After the Rs finish their assault on the trans, who do you think they're coming after next?

The trannies have no LEGIT defense, so they always play this tired card... "after us they'll come after YOU!" (thank to us stirring the pot).

Fuck you. Get a real defense, tranny whores.

by Anonymousreply 471April 1, 2023 11:33 PM

[quote]After the Rs finish their assault on the trans, who do you think they're coming after next?

Gays will fight both. Republicans are an old nemesis.

by Anonymousreply 472April 2, 2023 12:16 AM

the actual fuck. Is he a transgender chaser, n doing this bcoz be is ashamed he can not come with that fact

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 473April 2, 2023 12:25 AM

R467- are u this guy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 474April 2, 2023 12:27 AM

TERFs = NAZIs

by Anonymousreply 475April 2, 2023 12:29 AM

R475 Tired of Explaining Reality to Fuckwits.

by Anonymousreply 476April 2, 2023 12:38 AM

I love this idea that there used to be some pristine and magical "hiring process" that only selected the best and most qualified candidates (best how? qualified how?) to fill the job. Well, that is until the blacks, and the women, and the gays, and now the trans came along and upended this mystical realm of pure, objective decision making.

Bitch, please, it was always a fucking mess of connections and whims and nonsense and horseshit, and probably always will be with the occasional lawsuit just to make the whole thing more idiotic.

by Anonymousreply 477April 2, 2023 12:41 AM

fuck this ipad keyboard

by Anonymousreply 478April 2, 2023 12:43 AM

R465 If "level the playing field" means punishing innocent people for things they never did, and denying them opportunities based on race... you're the monster here. No one's going to cooperate with that shit.

by Anonymousreply 479April 2, 2023 12:26 PM

Sorry, Trump homos - he's all about the ladies

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 480April 2, 2023 12:41 PM

Leave to a “progressive” to call gays “homos” and use “retard”. ^ R480 and the “Maga King” would make the perfect match.

by Anonymousreply 481April 2, 2023 12:49 PM

[quote]the actual fuck. Is he a transgender chaser, n doing this bcoz be is ashamed he can not come with that fact

Is this twitter speak or is this how 58 year old gay men speak today?

by Anonymousreply 482April 2, 2023 12:50 PM

Leave it to R481 to miss the point by an entire galaxy.

by Anonymousreply 483April 2, 2023 1:33 PM

r479 leveling the playing field means making sure everyone has the education and access to jobs as everyone else. But you can't start this process without denying some of the sub par white boys who always get first consideration. There are long lists of white guys with pedigree who have had opportunity there are also long lists of white guys with average pedigree who have gotten opportunity who have been shit at the jobs they got simply because they are white guys.

I think it's all right to give others a few of the chances.

Your statement assumes that all the white guys who got all the opportunity all the time, were actually deserving, we know that is not the truth. Level the playing field.

by Anonymousreply 484April 2, 2023 2:42 PM

[quote]there are also long lists of white guys with average pedigree who have gotten opportunity who have been shit at the jobs they got simply because they are white guys.

Proof??

[quote]hat all the white guys who got all the opportunity all the time, were actually deserving, we know that is not the truth. Level the playing field.

Uhhh, just saying that doesn't make it true.

by Anonymousreply 485April 2, 2023 2:46 PM

[quote]If "level the playing field" means punishing innocent people for things they never did, and denying them opportunities based on race

What the fuck are you talking about? We aren't talking about the past here. White guys have always gotten privilege over others and they still get privilege over others. You assume white guys are always the most qualified because they are white guys.

by Anonymousreply 486April 2, 2023 2:48 PM

[quote]White guys have always gotten privilege over others and they still get privilege over others. You assume white guys are always the most qualified because they are white guys.

Talk about making assumptions!

Somehow you ASSUME that there are tons of white guys who only get their jobs for being white.

It's true that white people are more likely to have attended better schools etc. and thus they actually ARE more qualified.

but you're just making shit up to make yourself feel better.

Invest in poor schools where blacks live. that's the way to level the playing field. Not giving jobs to Blacks who aren't actually qualified due to their lack of education and skills (ie. what' happening now with the lowering of standards).

by Anonymousreply 487April 2, 2023 2:54 PM

Right wing gays care only about money and power.

They don’t see themselves as part of the gay coalition, benefiting from all the rights the left fought for.

by Anonymousreply 488April 2, 2023 2:55 PM

R474, that’s utterly ridiculous! He registered as a Republican because he thinks Trump shouldn’t have to pay for his crimes?? Pathetic

by Anonymousreply 489April 2, 2023 2:57 PM

[Quote] To answer the original question, I vote Republican because my investments go up in value when an R is in the White House and they go down in value when there's a D in the White House. We have gay marriage, and a majority of Americans were quite fine with the gays until the whole trans and gender fluid BS started pulling the entire movement down. I'll fight with those that are fighting for LGB rights, and they tend to be Rs.

Your investments go up under the GOP because they borrow up a storm and cut taxes for the wealthy, setting up for the inevitable recession, which also happens with every Republican president. Your investments then plummet and have to be saved by the Dems again and again and again. Now, the GOP fighting over the debt limit, if we don’t pass it, your investments will plummet again, but you’ll just blame Biden, not the GOP.

As for LGBT rights, the GOP has never stopped fighting them. It’s even in the GOP policy statement as has been pointed out. The GOP is sending lawsuits through the system to make gay marriage less than straight marriage (starting with the lawsuit against Houston Gov).

by Anonymousreply 490April 2, 2023 3:01 PM

[quote] This completely insane butchering of Democracy and our justice system cannot stand.

[quote] Progressives and Democrats seeking to use the government to attack political foes must be stopped. Period.

I love how Cyd Zeigler accuses the Democrats of butchering democracy but seems to ignore the fact that it was MAGA Republicans who wanted to overturn the results of a free and fair election to install Trump for another term.

And he accuses the Democrats of using the government to attack political foes but ignores Trump's chants of "lock her up" against Hillary or the House "weaponization" subcommittee that seems to have been created for the sole purpose of going after Joe Biden and Hunter Biden. Ever since Trump was elected, the Republicans have done nothing but use the government to attack political foes.

by Anonymousreply 491April 2, 2023 5:32 PM

Look at how peaceful the replublicans r, they sure r giving the islam the run fr their money

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 492April 2, 2023 7:38 PM

Republicans and Islam have a lot in common. Sad hard left gays defend them, but not surprising. They’re blue deplorables.

by Anonymousreply 493April 2, 2023 7:41 PM

was not aware cyd zeigler is a nazi

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 494April 2, 2023 7:42 PM

That Cyd person voted for W twice, not sure if he supported Bill Clinton, he does this “Republican” shit to drive traffic to himself and his site, he’s done it for 20 years. It’s all schtick.

by Anonymousreply 495April 2, 2023 7:48 PM

R404, no life was not better under Trump. What kind of deaf, dumb, and blind amnesiac do you have to be to claim such a thing?

Trump sorta kinda coasted on Obama's robust economy for a year or two before he totally fucked us all. Once Trump had 4 years under his belt, half a million Americans were dead, store shelves were bare, supply lines were broken, our relationships with allies were strained or neglected, authoritarian dictators the world over were emboldened, millions of jobs lost, so many dead we were using refrigerator trucks as temporary morgues, corrupt unfit liars were appointed to judgeships (which would ultimately rob women of their bodily autonomy), and our reputation on the world stage was in tatters. Trump was an absolute disaster for this country, in so many ways, and on so many levels.

by Anonymousreply 496April 6, 2023 4:42 AM

[quote]Right wing gays care only about money and power.

[quote]They don’t see themselves as part of the gay coalition, benefiting from all the rights the left fought for.

You left out the racist white supremacy. They're "White" first, so they vote GOP. Voting Republican is all about white male supremacy.

by Anonymousreply 497April 6, 2023 4:43 AM

the replublicans always destroys the economy in the long run

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 498April 6, 2023 5:37 AM

Dems are always better for the economy. Reps only know how to blow up the deficit.

by Anonymousreply 499April 6, 2023 9:20 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!