Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Paging Linda Simpson to the DLwhite curtesy phone…

Just listened to this Terry Gross interview with Linda Simpson, she seems like she is one of ours. I throughly enjoyed this interview and would love to see the book of pictures she’s put out.

Any experiences?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4March 25, 2023 4:08 AM

I’ll oh, dear myself now.

by Anonymousreply 1March 25, 2023 3:49 AM

Is it supposed to be courtesy or curtsy? I want a curtsy phone.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2March 25, 2023 3:54 AM

I don't have much to add other than saying I've been to many bingo nights at Le Poisson Rouge's gallery bar hosted by Linda Simpson and they were always a blast. I remember a special "bingo-go" event held in LPR's main hall around 2012 where multiple people got bingo simultaneously. As a tiebreaker, they were challenged to get naked in front of the audience (and they did! - albeit covered with a Stetson). I always wondered if that was staged.

by Anonymousreply 3March 25, 2023 3:58 AM

At the end, Linda gives an opinion of the trans/nonbinary debate which seems so reasonable and basically what the normal posters here think. I just put the book on my “buy” list.

I’m late-night baking a special birthday cake for a friend and listening to the Ari Shapiro interview with Terry Gross which aired the day after Miss Simpson’s and it’s also prime DL fodder.

I like him, but wonder really if he’d be nice to me at a party. The picture they used for the interview has him in leather suspenders… shades of Dan Savage.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4March 25, 2023 4:08 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!