Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Patrick Stewart from I Claudius

He had hair in the 70s when he did this series.

He needed a better stylist.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12March 26, 2023 2:13 AM

I think it was a hairpiece because he didn't have any hair in Tinker Tailor Solider Spy - 1979.

by Anonymousreply 1March 25, 2023 12:49 AM

^^^ Exactly!

What he wore in I, Claudius was a poor hair piece.

As I've looked back at vintage tv and film I saw in my youth, I now recognize it when I see it and have a better appreciation of what is real and fake. And boy, a LOT of actors wore hairpieces or fillers years ago. Guess what.. They still do!

by Anonymousreply 2March 25, 2023 12:54 AM

Who even cares about his hair, or lack of it?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3March 25, 2023 12:54 AM

I’ve always thought he looks like Jiminy Cricket.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4March 25, 2023 5:56 AM

It absolutely was badly styled. But man, bald Patrick looks a million times better anyway.

by Anonymousreply 5March 25, 2023 6:52 AM

Yes! r6 He really does

by Anonymousreply 6March 25, 2023 7:28 AM

The lady he is feeling up is Patricia Quinn. Magenta the Maid from Rocky Horror, and also the bright LIPS from the opening titles.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7March 25, 2023 8:04 AM

Looks a lot like the kind of hairpiece Simon Callow used to wear back in the day, a flat little curly thing he hoped looked like the curly hair he had in his youth.

Stewart's hair in I Clavdivs looks better than Bernard Hepton's, which they tried to comb into place but which never stayed put.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8March 25, 2023 10:01 AM

I'm always amazed that some people can't see a bad rug when they're looking right at it.

by Anonymousreply 9March 25, 2023 11:31 AM

He has always been hot. In every decade and incarnation. One of those who gets hotter as they get older too. I would be jealous, but he is such an interesting, talented and, fun guy, I happily adore him from afar.

The restraining order has NOTHING to do with this. I swear.

by Anonymousreply 10March 25, 2023 12:16 PM

He definitely looks better without hair.

by Anonymousreply 11March 26, 2023 1:43 AM

The hair was terrible, but damn, still a beautiful man.

by Anonymousreply 12March 26, 2023 2:13 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!