Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

PBS airs Joni Mitchell tribute March 31.....

Artists Celebrate Joni Mitchell Receiving Library of Congress Gershwin Prize

Lineup Included James Taylor, Brandi Carlile, Annie Lennox, Herbie Hancock, Cyndi Lauper, Marcus Mumford, Graham Nash, Diana Krall, Angelique Kidjo and Ledisi, Premiering March 31 on PBS

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17April 5, 2023 10:25 AM

They're not going to let Graham talk, are they?

by Anonymousreply 1March 25, 2023 1:00 AM

More farewell appearances than Lou Gehrig.

by Anonymousreply 2March 25, 2023 1:04 AM

Will it be 6 hours long with 30-minute-duration pledge begathons interspersed every 12 minutes by PBS's outdated 20th century donations drive projects that occur now about every 6 weeks? Bye.

by Anonymousreply 3March 25, 2023 5:18 AM

No one else watched this?

by Anonymousreply 4April 2, 2023 1:15 AM

I love Joni but this has really been done before (with Joni 75 among other events) and with the usual suspects so I may pass on this. Or just skip to where Joni sings.

by Anonymousreply 5April 2, 2023 1:18 AM

I dvr-ed it. I will watch tomorrow evening.

by Anonymousreply 6April 2, 2023 1:28 AM

#Mitchelltributesowhite

by Anonymousreply 7April 2, 2023 3:21 AM

DVR'd this. Nobody singing her songs had a decent voice. Annie Lennox was so disappointing.

by Anonymousreply 8April 2, 2023 7:57 PM

streaming.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9April 4, 2023 10:08 PM

Diana Krall and Graham Nash were my favorites.

by Anonymousreply 10April 4, 2023 10:12 PM

Hate Brandi Carlile

by Anonymousreply 11April 4, 2023 10:14 PM

King Tut - how’d you get so funky?

She’s my favorite honkey, buried with a donkey

by Anonymousreply 12April 4, 2023 10:19 PM

I’ve looked at diets from both sides now

by Anonymousreply 13April 4, 2023 10:26 PM

I agree that Annie Lennox was disappointing. What's with all the weird facial expressions and mugging for the camera? My favorite performance of the night was Cyndi Lauper, and I don't even like Cyndi Lauper. I loved Joni back in the day, and she's obviously very talented, but my favorite songs of hers are just earworms to me now. I've had Coyote and Carey stuck in my head since watching this and I don't even think anyone sang Coyote.

by Anonymousreply 14April 4, 2023 10:30 PM

I don’t follow Annie Lennox anymore. Stopped 20 yrs ago. She’s no longer the same artist that I knew and liked .

by Anonymousreply 15April 4, 2023 10:43 PM

I was disappointed they didn’t do Coyote.

by Anonymousreply 16April 4, 2023 11:11 PM

How did she get so fat, did she quit smoking?

by Anonymousreply 17April 5, 2023 10:25 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!