Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Do you like your eye color?

I have 3 siblings: one with green, one with one blue and one green, one with hazel.

I got brown.

I’m glad for vision. But brown eyes suck. COMMON!

by Anonymousreply 94March 27, 2023 9:46 PM

My eyes are Grey. Jealous much OP?

by Anonymousreply 1March 24, 2023 9:46 PM

Yes. Yes I am.

by Anonymousreply 2March 24, 2023 9:48 PM

The most beautiful eyes are brown. Too often blue eyes look blah.

by Anonymousreply 3March 24, 2023 9:51 PM

My eyes are green,my older brothers are brown and my youngest brothers is dark blue. The doctor told my mom that was super rare. My father swore my mom cheated to get my younger brother. I was 1972 and dna was a long way off.Thankfully he grew up to be a spitting image of my father.

by Anonymousreply 4March 24, 2023 9:53 PM

Yes, my eyes are an aquamarine and pale icy blue mix. people comment on them all the time.

by Anonymousreply 5March 24, 2023 9:55 PM

here, OP

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6March 24, 2023 10:06 PM

A relative of mine had grey eyes.

by Anonymousreply 7March 24, 2023 10:06 PM

R3 Keep telling yourself that…

by Anonymousreply 8March 24, 2023 10:12 PM

My mom has dark brown eyes and my dad's are pale blue, so one sibling has dark brown, one hazel, and I have a mossy green but they were quite blue when I was younger.

by Anonymousreply 9March 24, 2023 10:13 PM

No. I have brown eyes. My mother has green eyes and my father has brown eyes. I have very pale skin. I think blue or green eyes would have suited me a lot more.

by Anonymousreply 10March 24, 2023 10:31 PM

I have hazel eyes, which leave me completely indifferent. I think I've had one person comment on my eye color in my entire life. And my extreme nearsightedness prevents me from getting colored lens of any kind, so no blue, grey, bluish-grey or mirrored cat eyes for me (they just don't make them in the -11 diopter range, too few of us for profitability)

by Anonymousreply 11March 24, 2023 10:38 PM

My parents had brown eyes. I have brown eyes. My sister has brown eyes. Her husband has brown eyes, and they had THREE blue eyed kids. Genetics are weird.

by Anonymousreply 12March 24, 2023 11:03 PM

I have green eyes and love them. They’re the color of emeralds.

by Anonymousreply 13March 24, 2023 11:15 PM

Methinks OP has other qualities that he didn't like.

by Anonymousreply 14March 24, 2023 11:26 PM

I have green eyes and I love them

by Anonymousreply 15March 24, 2023 11:29 PM

I like my blue green eyes but I prefer men with brown eyes

by Anonymousreply 16March 24, 2023 11:30 PM

I have boring brown eyes and was always acutely aware that they’re not special and that I’d look much more striking with pale blue/green eyes. I have very fair skin and almost black hair, and have played with colored contacts but they look so artificial (and even worse, make one look vain and insecure, which is never attractive). So I’ve just accepted my unremarkable eyes for what they are, and choose to focus on my other more positive qualities.

by Anonymousreply 17March 24, 2023 11:33 PM

I've got hazel eyes. I'm just glad they work fine.

by Anonymousreply 18March 24, 2023 11:39 PM

[quote]I have very fair skin and almost black hair, and have played with colored contacts but they look so artificial (and even worse, make one look vain and insecure, which is never attractive).

I am also very fair and had almost black hair (it's silver now) and I wore contacts but they didn't make colored contacts for astigmatism that I could wear, so I was never able to try them. But recently I used a filter to see what I'd look like with blue eyes. It was horrifying!! I looked like a White Walker from Game of Thrones!!

Probably best I was born with brown eyes.

by Anonymousreply 19March 24, 2023 11:40 PM

I have blue eyes, with big chunks of yellow in them. They're kinda weird.

by Anonymousreply 20March 24, 2023 11:43 PM

My eyes are hazel; mostly green; everyone tells me they're brown.

I think there are a lot of people out there that need an appointment with the optomitrist.

by Anonymousreply 21March 25, 2023 12:09 AM

Many people don't believe it, but your eyes can change color over time and with age.

by Anonymousreply 22March 25, 2023 12:14 AM

Grey eyes that sometimes look a bit blue….Very happy with my eye color!

by Anonymousreply 23March 25, 2023 12:23 AM

OP, can I brown you til your eyes turn blue?

by Anonymousreply 24March 25, 2023 12:40 AM

Well olive, not green.

by Anonymousreply 25March 25, 2023 12:41 AM

Both sides of our families are Blond, blue eyed folks. It's our Scandinavian backgrounds.

by Anonymousreply 26March 25, 2023 12:45 AM

OP your plight makes my brown eyes blue.

by Anonymousreply 27March 25, 2023 12:49 AM

I have dark blue eyes - the older ladies at work (mostly Hispanic) always ask me to show them to them. I prefer guys with dark, dark brown eyes myself. I think they're really sexy. Black eyes would be ideal, but I don't think they actually come quite that dark.

by Anonymousreply 28March 25, 2023 1:10 AM

Dad and older brother have hazel eyes, Mom and older sister have green eyes, I have mostly blue with central heterochromia.

The eye in the pic looks virtually identical to my eyes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29March 25, 2023 1:10 AM

I have blond hair and blue eyes and all my ancestry is northern European. Of course I'm happy with it.

by Anonymousreply 30March 25, 2023 1:17 AM

Yes, I have hazel eyes that are olive/pine green depending on lighting. They look grey or blue or greenish blue in photos.

by Anonymousreply 31March 25, 2023 1:28 AM

Nobody has ever complained about my brown eyes.

by Anonymousreply 32March 25, 2023 1:31 AM

Growing up I had very distinctive blue eyes. Like a shade of eyes from Dune. They were so unusual (though not especially attractive or unattractive) that I became ridiculously self conscious and wore green contacts for a while (I’m a redhead so it appeared normal).

I got over it and now just accept it. A lot of people think my natural eye color are contacts, and I just say, no, no, I’m really a Freman (they usually don’t get the joke).

by Anonymousreply 33March 25, 2023 1:33 AM

I was watching the Pick Up artist the other day and RDJ and noticed Molly Ringwalds eyes looked more striking dark brown. They would probably be less attractive if they were lighter.

I would like my eye color no matter what it was.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34March 25, 2023 1:33 AM

My eyes are grey green but they are so light people think they're blue.

by Anonymousreply 35March 25, 2023 1:37 AM

I have pale green eyes. Why, yes, they are quite striking, thank you.

by Anonymousreply 36March 25, 2023 1:37 AM

I have hazel eyes, but my cornea falls into the range of Megalocornea as it's about 13.5mm, my pupils are also slightly larger than usual.

It was only noticed when I was having laser surgery to correct my short-sightedness, astigmatism about 30 years ago. Not wearing glasses made it more obvious.

It doesn't cause any problems other than people thinking that I'm paying lots of attention when they speak, I'm generally not.

by Anonymousreply 37March 25, 2023 1:38 AM

I have bright blue eyes and have had to put up with people assuming I use colored contacts and that they had a right to tell me I was "faking it."

People.

by Anonymousreply 38March 25, 2023 1:40 AM

Brown is the dominant gene for eye color and yet only about 3 posters here have brown eyes? WTF?

by Anonymousreply 39March 25, 2023 1:42 AM

[quote]Brown is the dominant gene for eye color and yet only about 3 posters here have brown eyes? WTF?

Most of them are too ashamed to admit it, R39.

by Anonymousreply 40March 25, 2023 1:44 AM

I just leave these here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41March 25, 2023 1:51 AM

R39 Aren't threads like this going to get replies based on the time zone? The earlier posts could have been from Scandinavian Countries where blue is more dominant.

by Anonymousreply 42March 25, 2023 1:52 AM

There's a reason blue eyes are scary.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43March 25, 2023 1:56 AM

OP, I have, as one of my paramours called "root beer brown" eyes and have been getting compliments since age nine. Of course, my eye shape and long black lashes I suppose accentuated them, so yes, I love me eye color. So maybe it's not the color, maybe it's your face. What's going on with the rest of the mug?

by Anonymousreply 44March 25, 2023 2:02 AM

Yes, blue eyes can be scary indeed.

Btw I'm just pointing out he had blue eyes because I sat through at least 3 middle school teachers presentation on WWII and they pointed out the irony of Hitler wanting blue eyed, blonde Aryan people when he himself had brown eyes. This was a top rated public school in the suburbs.

Only he actually had blue eyes. It's important to fact check.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45March 25, 2023 2:02 AM

“ What's going on with the rest of the mug?”

Dimples, salt and pepper hair, 3 day scruff - I’m good with that.

by Anonymousreply 46March 25, 2023 2:11 AM

My dad had brilliant sky blue eyes. My mum brown. I have olive green. I have always fallen for boys with dark eyes. Must be a subliminal Oedipus complex,.

by Anonymousreply 47March 25, 2023 2:12 AM

I have green eyes. And I SWOON for men with brown eyes.

by Anonymousreply 48March 25, 2023 2:15 AM

Eye colour is something I have never judged, and has no bearing on partner suitability for me personally. Of all the things to worry about!

by Anonymousreply 49March 25, 2023 2:20 AM

I have olive green eyes, but when upset (sad), they are much brighter/lighter green.

by Anonymousreply 50March 25, 2023 2:49 AM

I have blue eyes with yellow/gold central heterochromia. Which is not a color, but a condition. So sexxxy.

I think any eye color can be beautiful, accented by eye shape, lashes, and hair/skin tones that up to a stunning pair of eyes.

by Anonymousreply 51March 25, 2023 2:53 AM

[quote]Do you like your eye color?

yes

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52March 25, 2023 2:57 AM

R40 Not everyone is a vain as you.

by Anonymousreply 53March 25, 2023 3:08 AM

I never noticed how much pupils look like little eyeball anuses.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54March 25, 2023 3:25 AM

Mine are a bluish green. Very happy.

by Anonymousreply 55March 25, 2023 3:30 AM

I grew up thinking I had green eyes until about 20 years ago. (I’m 56 and they’re blue.)

by Anonymousreply 56March 25, 2023 3:33 AM

[quote]OP, I have, as one of my paramours called "root beer brown" eyes and have been getting compliments since age nine.

I assume you mean a very light brown? Mine are very light brown which makes it really obvious that they are brown, even in photos. My ex had dark blue eyes that almost came across as black in photos. In terms of shade, I'd say his eyes were actually darker than mine. But in the sun, his eyes were beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 57March 25, 2023 3:43 AM

My eyes are an orange-y shade of brown designated as “amber” per Wikipedia. I just think they’re plain old brown. Green eyes on a man have always fascinated me, I find them mesmerizing.

by Anonymousreply 58March 25, 2023 4:21 AM

My eyes are Cornflower Blue, just like my tiny white kitten.

by Anonymousreply 59March 25, 2023 4:39 AM

Has anyone seen those Chase (I think - Maybe Discover?) commercials that feature Antonelli’s Cheese Shop? It’s a wife/husband talking about what they do with their cash back. Anyway, the husband has the most gorgeous brown eyes.

Brown eyes can be so beautiful - maybe not as unusual as green or light blue, but certainly not horrific. I guess it depends on the eye of the beholder.

by Anonymousreply 60March 25, 2023 2:05 PM

[Quote]I never noticed how much pupils look like little eyeball anuses.

The eyes are the sphincter of the soul.

by Anonymousreply 61March 25, 2023 2:20 PM

I do love a man with dark brown eyes

by Anonymousreply 62March 25, 2023 8:46 PM

I have gorgeous blue eyes just like the rest of me.

by Anonymousreply 63March 25, 2023 8:50 PM

R63 is a Smurf?

by Anonymousreply 64March 25, 2023 8:52 PM

I’ve never liked my brown eyes, but I do love brown eyes on other men.

by Anonymousreply 65March 25, 2023 8:57 PM

r20 do people think they shift colours?

My eyes are olive green with flecks of amber... . so, other people think my eyes shift colours (green, brown, red, gold - so, I usually just put them down as hazel) based light differences, other colours in the room or what I'm wearing, pupil changes, etc.

vision? always had light sensitivity but the trade off in my case was I see better in low light than most people. Age has brought some decrease.. not enough that I should complain about it... but of course I do. Like I have a occasional need of 1.25 readers, though 1.25 is a little too strong just more accessible than lower sizes without a prescription.

by Anonymousreply 66March 25, 2023 9:35 PM

Check out these eyeballs, DLers:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67March 25, 2023 9:41 PM

They are what they are, OP.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68March 25, 2023 9:47 PM

I'm pretty happy with mine—dark green with central heterochromias of amber. They mostly just look green from a distance. I suppose if I got to pick them out for myself I'd go lighter with the green to make them more striking, but my only complaints are about developing nearsightedness as I aged, not how they look.

by Anonymousreply 69March 25, 2023 9:48 PM

Still only 3 people with brown eyes???

I think y'all blue eyes are some liars!

by Anonymousreply 70March 25, 2023 9:52 PM

Being Asian, of course I have brown eyes. You really don’t see fully Asian looking people with green or blue eyes, unlike black or East Indian people.

by Anonymousreply 71March 25, 2023 9:59 PM

Blue-green.

by Anonymousreply 72March 25, 2023 10:24 PM

R71 black people don't have blue eyes, these people are heavily mixed on both sides, like some African Americans who have a lot of European DNA, on both father's and mother's side, cause the gene is recessive.

African Americans are basically mixed race. If you had an Asian whose both parents are mixed with Europeans he/she could also have blue eyes. But there are not many people with such heritage.

by Anonymousreply 73March 25, 2023 11:05 PM

Hazel eyes. I'm fine with them. I think brown, blue and green can be striking.

by Anonymousreply 74March 25, 2023 11:19 PM

Sometimes blonde hair and dark brown eyes looks fake or off, sometimes it works well. Blonde Sandra Dee had soulful sad brown eyes.

I have brown eyes like my dark Irish mother, don't mind it. My father and his Northern Italian side are all blonde, ruddy and blue-eyed.

by Anonymousreply 75March 25, 2023 11:29 PM

Mine are amber. They look yellow or gold depending on the light.

by Anonymousreply 76March 25, 2023 11:34 PM

My eyes are this color. On my drivers license it says hazel. They can look light brown & green at times but mostly they look yellow when I’m outside or crying. Are these more amber or hazel?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77March 25, 2023 11:51 PM

R77 they're lighter brown with flashlight shinned into them.

by Anonymousreply 78March 26, 2023 12:14 AM

My eyes look just like the green on that chart.

by Anonymousreply 79March 26, 2023 12:35 AM

Ok tawk among yourselves whities. I'll look in later

by Anonymousreply 80March 26, 2023 12:39 AM

"Actually, most people say my eyes are sable."

--Raquel Welch

by Anonymousreply 81March 26, 2023 12:42 AM

R70, what I’m getting from all of this is that people with green eyes, in particular, are very happy with them. I’m an emerald green myself, per R67’s chart, and am content, at least with respect to that.

by Anonymousreply 82March 26, 2023 1:37 AM

Yes, people with light eyes (blue/green/gray or some combo) do seem happier with them than people with dark eyes (brown/black). I've always thought that men can look good with any color eyes (light or dark), but that women look better (maybe more decorative?) with light eyes.

As the world population mixes more, won't more people have light eyes? Or am I getting this wrong?

by Anonymousreply 83March 26, 2023 2:16 AM

My ex had beautiful light blue eyes. They were mesmerizing. My mom has green and my dad had hazel, so of course I wound up with brown. They’re a nice shape and I have long lashes which helps, but I look at the blue, blue grey and green eyes on my mom’s side and wonder why I got robbed of light eyes. I could have at least ended up with hazel like my dad’s.

by Anonymousreply 84March 26, 2023 2:40 AM

Love it. Beautifully clear light green. I used to be hot, now I'm old ;)

by Anonymousreply 85March 26, 2023 2:47 AM

R80 excuse me?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86March 26, 2023 3:40 AM

My eyes are blue-grey, but in certain light, they can appear more steel grey. I've been complimented on them, like I had anything to do with the color.

When you have light-colored eyes, this means when the optometrist dilates your pupils, you dilate fast and long. For me, that means wearing sunglasses indoors for at least the rest of the afternoon and sometimes into the evening.

Never thought much about eye color when dating.

by Anonymousreply 87March 26, 2023 5:35 AM

R86 Melanisians are not Black. But leave it to Black people to appropriate them like they do with every other culture.

by Anonymousreply 88March 26, 2023 10:12 AM

I have two green eyes and one brown eye.

by Anonymousreply 89March 26, 2023 12:42 PM

R88 ok now we're getting into semantics.

Whatever shade you think but they definitely don't look like pale white people to me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90March 26, 2023 1:53 PM

I say I have brown eyes, but they are really hazel.

by Anonymousreply 91March 26, 2023 4:37 PM

Is blond hair in the Melanesians considered by them to be a mark of superiority as it is in Europeans?

by Anonymousreply 92March 27, 2023 9:33 PM

Hazel favoring green. If I wear a green shirt, my eyes pick up the color. I like them. I was stopped in the grocery store today & told my eyes were striking. So, yay I guess. It happened in the produce section near the lettuce, so maybe that helped.

by Anonymousreply 93March 27, 2023 9:42 PM

My eyes are Hazel.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94March 27, 2023 9:46 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!