Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Beyoncé covers the April 2023 issue of Vogue France

Beyoncé Renaissance Couture.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78March 28, 2023 12:17 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1March 24, 2023 9:32 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2March 24, 2023 9:32 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3March 24, 2023 9:32 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4March 24, 2023 9:33 PM

She’s done all this before. Yawn.

by Anonymousreply 5March 24, 2023 9:33 PM

For such a beautiful woman, it's amazing how unremarkable she is at pulling off high-fashion. Nobody seems to know how to style her.

by Anonymousreply 6March 24, 2023 9:34 PM

At the end of the day, I can't name a single song of hers from the past five years. What does she even do anymore?

by Anonymousreply 7March 24, 2023 9:35 PM

She certainly “covers” it - she’s enormous!

by Anonymousreply 8March 24, 2023 9:36 PM

R6 beauty doesn’t equal model. Certainly not high fashion model.

by Anonymousreply 9March 24, 2023 9:41 PM

Yasss Kween! Opulence!

by Anonymousreply 10March 24, 2023 9:41 PM

This is some "Miss Ross" level fashion spread.

by Anonymousreply 11March 24, 2023 9:55 PM

Her facial expression on the cover is awkward.

by Anonymousreply 12March 24, 2023 10:00 PM

Bey is a talented entertainer but she’s just not a captivating clotheshorse. She’s a good looking woman but she’s no Ms. Ross or even Rihanna when it comes to serving a look. There’s a reason she’s never been known as fashion icon/trendsetter despite having superstar status. Even tacky JLo looks better in clothes.

by Anonymousreply 13March 24, 2023 11:38 PM

Looks like she's paying homage to, or else ripping off, the legacy of the famous 1968-era "mirror sequinned gowns" of Diana Ross & The Supremes (?).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14March 25, 2023 5:28 AM

She never had innate style. They dress her up like a doll in designer clothes and haute couture, put her on Vogue cover and she's still looking awkward and devoid of personality. I think she's trying to go for a Grace Jones look but it's not working. Just like Britney, she's a country bumpkin with no fashion sense. Madonna, Janet Jackson, Whitney Houston, Jennifer Lopez and Rihanna were better style icons. Kelly Rowland has good fashion moments too and is overlooked.

by Anonymousreply 15March 25, 2023 8:57 AM

She's too big for polka dots!

by Anonymousreply 16March 25, 2023 9:09 AM

Meh, I did it better!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17March 25, 2023 9:17 AM

She's too heavy set to pull off high fashion. With those heavy thighs and hips you will always look ordinary in clothes.

People like Diana Ross and Whitney, who were not curvy were perfect for designer gowns and outfits.

by Anonymousreply 18March 25, 2023 9:27 AM

Leigh Bowery did it WAY better.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19March 25, 2023 12:29 PM

She has entered into her “matronly” phase, and she’s not coming back.

by Anonymousreply 20March 25, 2023 12:41 PM

“Renaissance couture”.

So… the rebirth of couture? Is she going to the fashion shows and ordering custom outfits from the runway? Is she having period clothing from that era specially made for her?

No, I didn’t bother reading anything.

by Anonymousreply 21March 25, 2023 12:45 PM

FAT!

by Anonymousreply 22March 25, 2023 12:49 PM

She looks better in the tacky Southern clothes she wears. Colorful and floral patterns, big earrings, daisy dukes, cleavage showing midriffs and big church hats. That's more her personality. She's a country auntie at heart. Everytime they try to style her in a more avant-garde or haute couture look, she never looks comfortable.

by Anonymousreply 23March 25, 2023 2:50 PM

In that cover shot it looks like she's coming into the kitchen looking for snacks.

by Anonymousreply 24March 25, 2023 2:59 PM

R21 Maybe it's for her music videos or upcoming tour? She's giving Grace Jones and Lady Gaga vibes with these pieces.

by Anonymousreply 25March 25, 2023 3:07 PM

Bee reminds me of Vivacios of RuPaul fame. This bitch is getting as big as a house tho

by Anonymousreply 26March 25, 2023 3:27 PM

It also doesn't help that she looks uncomfortable posing in these things.

by Anonymousreply 27March 25, 2023 10:30 PM

Beyoncé may be light-skinned, but she's no Rihanna, Zendaya, or Halle Berry all of whom look way better in high fashion clothing.

Beyoncé is not tall enough and way too curvy creole house slave to pull off haute couture. Big boobs, thick thighs, and a fat ass may work for selling an image of sex in music videos but it is seldom as effective in high fashion editorial photo shoots. R1 That photo is really unflattering and highlights the problem: the styling makes her look squat and the dress gives Beyoncé a pear shape. She looks like an ordinary girl playing dress up with her new fag bestie and is instead completely outshined by the models around her.

Beyoncé's always been a commercial beauty great for close-up face shots used in make-up campaigns. You really need to be taller (5'10"+) and less curvy to sell the couture garments made for the runway. She should stick to the bayou fashions of her B'day / Lemonade era where the long, flowy dresses with lace and chiffon skim and work with her curves. Modern and super sculptural designs with non-stretch fabric and more defined silhouettes fight against her curves making her looking like pudding or wet dough that's spilling out of or struggling against a container.

by Anonymousreply 28March 25, 2023 11:09 PM

[quote]It also doesn't help that she looks uncomfortable posing in these things.

It looks like she's not even wearing the outfit on the cover. It looks like her face was added to it digitally.

by Anonymousreply 29March 26, 2023 7:51 AM

Sorry. I’m stuck on “Renaissance Couture”. I think some dumb person put those two (French!) words together in a meaningless pairing because they sounded klassy and fancy.

It’s like when they leave the “cashmere blend” label basted to the sleeve of their coat from Nordstrom Rack.

by Anonymousreply 30March 26, 2023 9:37 AM

R28 pretty much sums it up.

by Anonymousreply 31March 26, 2023 9:55 AM

No one wants to look at this ancient hideous hag.

by Anonymousreply 32March 26, 2023 10:29 AM

BeYAWNce.

by Anonymousreply 33March 26, 2023 10:33 AM

After Whitney died the industry was desperate to replace her with another black singer. Too bad this one is one of the lamest people on Earth. A total poser.

by Anonymousreply 34March 26, 2023 10:34 AM

I hate when my maid tries on my things!

by Anonymousreply 35March 26, 2023 11:41 AM

She on the spectrum?

by Anonymousreply 36March 26, 2023 12:22 PM

What r13, r15, and r28 said.

And those posts would also apply for me with regard to her as a performer.

I have nothing negative to say about her as a person. As Mariah Carey would say "I don't know her."

But, I've NEVER seen in Beyonce what her dedcated fans do. All I see is another just another assembly-line manufactured pop star, indistinguishable from any other.

And Rihanna's Super Bowl Half-time Show was way better than Beyonce's, which I rank as among the worst.

by Anonymousreply 37March 26, 2023 12:24 PM

That's not true R37. Beyonce is a very talented singer and performer. Her talents are what was popular 20 years ago during the hight of people like Whitney Houston.

Real songs with lyrics that had some meaning and singers that could perform these songs live on stage.

Today's pop music is total trash.

by Anonymousreply 38March 27, 2023 11:49 AM

Covers it with what, OP?

by Anonymousreply 39March 27, 2023 11:57 AM

R7 To say I dislike Renaissance would be an understatement. I think the songs are just terrible. Some of the music is danceable and catchy, but her singing and the lyrics are impossible for me to listen to and idiotic.

I really liked Destiny's Child. I wasn't wild about her solo music at first but it was fine. This latest iteration feels like the soulless dumbing down of reality TV America to me and it was universally acclaimed by critics and fans alike. I don't understand. 😭😭😭😭

Ass gettin' bigger Racks gettin' bigger Cash gettin' larger He thought he was loving me good, I told him, "Go harder" She thought she was killin' that shit, I told her, "Go harder" Just look at this alkaline wrist 'cause I got that water Ass getting thiquer Cash getting thiquer That's that thique, that's that real shit That's that jelly, baby, champagne and cherry, baby That's that thique, that's that ball drop That's that keep going, that's that never stop That's that thique, that's that na-na, that oochy coochy, la, la Yeah, this that Fiji agua, candy girl piñata Hit it in the car and take you back to the casa Bet I got you rock now, that thique all over the yacht, now

by Anonymousreply 40March 27, 2023 11:57 AM

Very nice. Is Beyonce starring in a reboot of Star Trek: TNG?

by Anonymousreply 41March 27, 2023 11:57 AM

Her lyrics make Madonna's lyrics sound like transcendent fine art.

by Anonymousreply 42March 27, 2023 12:07 PM

Listen to Bossa Nova Madonna on Spotify. The lyrics are amazing.

And c’mon, Bey looks just fine. Why does everyone have to have nasty opinion of artists trying new things. Some work, some don’t. At least she’s out there.

by Anonymousreply 43March 27, 2023 1:25 PM

Yeah I don't get her awful lyrics on some of her songs. She has money to hire the best songwriters in the biz yet her songs have the most childish and inane lyrics. I definitely prefer her earlier albums. She peaked with 4 vocally and musically. Self-titled and Lemonade while well-produced were overrated. I don't think Renaissance is overrated because it flopped and many of her diehard fans actually hated it.

by Anonymousreply 44March 27, 2023 1:27 PM

She looks like a fixture at Lamps Plus that they keep in the corner because it's so freaking ugly.

by Anonymousreply 45March 27, 2023 1:29 PM

R36 I don't know about that but I do find it odd Solange is so articulate, charming and intelligent in interviews while Beyoncé sounds really uneducated. Kelly Rowland, Tina and Mathew all have Southern accents but are well-spoken. So why is Beyoncé the only one in her inner circle who sounds slow?

by Anonymousreply 46March 27, 2023 1:36 PM

Miss Beyawnce does not need clothing that accentuates her enormous hips/thighs.

by Anonymousreply 47March 27, 2023 1:44 PM

Oh wow, Balmain.

Balmain.

by Anonymousreply 48March 27, 2023 2:23 PM

Dead eyes. So robotic and charisma deficient.

by Anonymousreply 49March 27, 2023 2:40 PM

All timed to distract from the news that Adidas dropped her after they lost millions from her Ivy Park clothing line:

Beyoncé and the sportswear manufacturer have reportedly mutually parted ways, according to the Hollywood Reporter.

Page Six has reached out to reps for Beyoncé and Adidas but did not immediately hear back.

News of the alleged split comes nearly two months after the “Renaissance” singer’s Ivy Park clothing line sales plummeted 50 percent, bringing in just $40 million in 2022 compared to $93 million in 2021.

At the time, the Wall Street Journal reported that Beyoncé’s line was projected to bring in well over $250 million in sales last year.

However, “in five of the last six Ivy Park releases, roughly half of the merchandise that was produced went unsold,” the outlet reported, adding that the clothing and sneaker line was “losing money for Adidas.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50March 27, 2023 3:11 PM

Enough with the Nubian Queen cosplay

by Anonymousreply 51March 27, 2023 3:22 PM

R51 It's funny, that is *actual* cultural appropriation to dress up a Black person from Texas in some kind of ethnic garb from African tribal cultures. When Madonna dresses in a kimono, she's not trying to invoke an "I am Japanese!" ethos. But Beyoncé in random African-inspired outfits absolutely is.

It's not Black Americans' faults their ancestors were forcibly removed from their home nations, but it's also unfortunately no more appropriate for a Black American to appropriate African culture than it is for me to put on a kilt and pretend I am Scottish because ancestors came from there 300 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 52March 27, 2023 3:38 PM

She should not be wearing African clothing with those fake Eurocentric hair weaves. African garb is fine, as is people who are of Scottish descent wearing kilts. But she looks stupid when she does this.

by Anonymousreply 53March 27, 2023 3:43 PM

Anybody know why she is on the cover?

Surprise album? Is this part 2?

So odd for her to have a cover with no project.

by Anonymousreply 54March 27, 2023 3:52 PM

Is Vogue France in the same regard as Vogue Italia or UK? I'm no expert but what I do now is that it seems scoring a cover on a foreign Vogue is more impressive than US Vogue.

by Anonymousreply 55March 27, 2023 3:55 PM

R46 don’t be such a basement dweller.

There are a lot of smart people who don’t wear it on their sleeve. Some people are just not talkative or chatty but they are sharp.

by Anonymousreply 56March 27, 2023 3:55 PM

R34 Beyoncé has been around since the 90s. Whitney died less than a decade ago….

And stop replying to yourself saying you’re right. It’s weird.

by Anonymousreply 57March 27, 2023 3:56 PM

R56 Smart people tend to speak intelligently. Yes they do simplify their language to be easily understood. But you usually can tell that's the case. Beyonce seems very uneducated and lived inside a gilded cage her whole life. When you look good like her, you don't need to be a brainiac I guess.

by Anonymousreply 58March 27, 2023 4:00 PM

Beyoncé doesn’t come off uneducated. She comes off very country. Solange doesn’t. Why? Probably because they left the south when Solange was still very young and she pretty much grew up in LA. Bey grew up in TX.

by Anonymousreply 59March 27, 2023 4:05 PM

You just have to be exposed to different types of intelligence. It’s very ignorant to assume someone who has a cultural or geographic dialect, and way of expression. Don’t underestimate people like this.

There are a lot of idiots who know how to sound smart. But they can’t really find their way out of a paper bag.

by Anonymousreply 60March 27, 2023 4:07 PM

* to assume they are not smart

by Anonymousreply 61March 27, 2023 4:08 PM

This is funny. Beyoncee should try designin' cheerleader outfits and pageant dresses, her true style.

by Anonymousreply 62March 27, 2023 4:19 PM

Matronly bustline.

by Anonymousreply 63March 27, 2023 4:20 PM

She looks like a fat sausage that’s about to burst through its casing.

by Anonymousreply 64March 27, 2023 4:22 PM

Beyoncé looks like a spider.

by Anonymousreply 65March 27, 2023 4:24 PM

We’ve had sufficient.

by Anonymousreply 66March 27, 2023 4:37 PM

More Goddess/Queen bullshit and Illuminati allusions. Groundbreaking.

by Anonymousreply 67March 27, 2023 4:38 PM

Dead behind the eyes.

by Anonymousreply 68March 27, 2023 4:48 PM

[quote] Her talents are what was popular 20 years ago during the hight of people like Whitney Houston.

Oh, dear. Based on the lack of spelling, hi, Beyonce!

by Anonymousreply 69March 27, 2023 5:07 PM

[quote] Beyoncé doesn’t come off uneducated. She comes off very country.

No, she comes off uneducated because she’s not educated. She’s a gimmick. Total trash.

by Anonymousreply 70March 27, 2023 5:08 PM

I always kiki when I see her sticking baby’s breath in her weave. Like she’s some all natural earth goddess or something.

by Anonymousreply 71March 27, 2023 5:22 PM

She comes off as ghetto.

by Anonymousreply 72March 27, 2023 5:35 PM

R72 That's because she is.

by Anonymousreply 73March 27, 2023 5:37 PM

It's nothing to do with her Southern accent. Solange has a Southern accent and doesn't speak like Beyonce does. Plenty of people with Southern accents are very articulate and educated. Beyonce and Britney sound uneducated and it has nothing to do with their Southern accents. Justin Bieber and Harry Styles also sound uneducated too in their regional accents.

by Anonymousreply 74March 27, 2023 11:54 PM

No one said it had anything to do with an accent

by Anonymousreply 75March 28, 2023 12:03 AM

Child bearing hips

by Anonymousreply 76March 28, 2023 12:06 AM

[quote]Child bearing hips

Ironic that she faked her pregnancy.

by Anonymousreply 77March 28, 2023 12:15 AM

Jesus christ people ! Maybe shes just stupid ! Charo would have looked better in those clothes. The clothes wear her,not the other way around.

by Anonymousreply 78March 28, 2023 12:17 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!