Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Love Boat vs. Supernatural

Which show had better guest stars?

We've seen the old and haggard guest star lineup from The Love Boat.

But Supernatural goes unrecognized for the sheer volume of STAR POWER that have appeared on that show, over the course of 15 seasons.

This is probably not the complete list, but from the episodes of Supernatural that I've actually seen, these are the famous people who have been on the show:

Season 1 Cory Sarah Shahi, Steve Railsback (Texas Chainsaw Massacre), Cory Monteith (Glee), Alden Ehrenreich (Solo), Loretta Devine, Nicholas D'Agosto (Election), Nicki Aycox (Jeepers Creepers 2), Sterling K. Brown, Summer Glau, Linda Blair (Exorcist), Jason Gedrick, Tricia Helfer, Gary Cole, Aldis Hodge, Lauren Cohan (Maggie, Walking Dead), Michael Massee (Crow), Peter Deluise, Helen Slater, Dylan Minnette, Barry Bostwick, Jim Parrack (True Blood), Jack Plotnick, Jake Abel, Mark Pellegrino, Christian Campbell (Trick), Rachel Miner, Paris Hilton, Snookie from Jersey Shore, Julian Richings, Eric Johnson (Smallville), Mitch Pileggi, Corin Nemec, David Paetkau, James Patrick Stuart, Osric Chau, Felicia Day, Curtis Armstrong (Revenge of the Nerds), Hal Linden (Barney Miller), Adam Harrington, Kathryn Newton (Ant Man and the Wasp), Steven Williams (21 Jump Street), "The Miz" (Wrestler), Colin Ford, Finn Wolfhard (It), Alicia Witt, Kurt Fuller, and Adam Beach (Law & Order SVU).

Just to name a few.

Some of these people were in major feature films like Loretta Devine, Alden Ehrenreich (Solo), Dylan Minnette (Don't Breathe), Finn Wolfhard (It), Kathryn Newton (Ant Man), and Sterling K. Brown (Black Panther).

I think that Supernatural beats The Love Boat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11March 26, 2023 7:01 PM

Yeah, OP, many, many guests appeared on the show.

It was before they went on to bigger fame but it is interesting to see who was on the show.

I also do wonder if casting agents would see the show and cast those actors in bigger roles.

That crossroads demon has a frigging Emmy!

Evil Gordon Walker, Sterling K Brown, has an Emmy!

by Anonymousreply 1March 24, 2023 8:12 PM

Oops, meant to say the crossroads demon has a freaking Tony!!!

by Anonymousreply 2March 24, 2023 8:31 PM

OP neglected all the crossover stars who appeared in both Supernatural and Love Boat, first and foremost, Carol Channing, whose spine-tingling performance as the malevolent Norse deity Hnoss, was, for many, the zenith of Supernatural.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3March 24, 2023 9:14 PM

OP may have just won the award for most original thread of the year on DL. Good job, OP!

by Anonymousreply 4March 24, 2023 9:17 PM

Carol Channing was never on Supernatural.

However, Dee Wallace (the mom from ET) was on Supernatural.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5March 24, 2023 9:23 PM

Sterling K. Brown was nominated for an Academy Award!

by Anonymousreply 6March 25, 2023 12:36 AM

The guy who played AJAY isn't a big star, but he sure is cute!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7March 26, 2023 3:48 AM

A) never thought i would see The Love Boat and Supernatural in the same sentence.

B) Which show do you think the average DLer has watched?

by Anonymousreply 8March 26, 2023 8:25 AM

[quote] never thought i would see The Love Boat and Supernatural in the same sentence

Haha R8.

Here's a little trivia factoid for you: Hal Linden appeared on The Love Boat in 1976, and then appeared on Supernatural in 2013 as a Rabbi in the episode "Everyone Hates Hitler."

Also, Linda Blair appeared on The Love Boat in 1982. She played Muffy in the episode "Isaac Gets Physical." Then she appeared on Supernatural in 2006 as Detective Diana Ballard, in the episode "The Usual Suspects."

So there's your Six Degrees of Separation.

I was looking for other "older" actors who might have appeared on both shows, like Dee Wallace or Barry Bostwick, but no such luck.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9March 26, 2023 8:45 AM

That Hitler episode is a favorite of mine.

A little bit of comedy and a little bit of history.

“These guys are psychopaths!”

by Anonymousreply 10March 26, 2023 5:47 PM

Linda Blair's Wiki at R9 says that she also appeared on Fantasy Island and Hollywood Squares.

She really made the rounds back then!

by Anonymousreply 11March 26, 2023 7:01 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!