Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Spooky stories to tell when it's light out

What are your creepiest, 6th sense, unexplainable stories?

Involving lights in the sky, ghosts, paranormal, the dead, creepy living children, etc.

by Anonymousreply 72December 14, 2023 12:57 PM

I had once camped out with a couple friends with a sore derriere and covered in a strange goo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1March 24, 2023 7:40 PM

^ woken up....

by Anonymousreply 2March 24, 2023 7:41 PM

Dramatic reading of a classic.

Also recommend "Then Who Was Phone?"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3March 24, 2023 9:35 PM

I saw something nasty in the woodshed.

by Anonymousreply 4August 19, 2023 8:00 PM

[quote] I was having dinner at a (former) friend’s house when I saw him drain the pasta. Simply ghastly.

by Anonymousreply 5August 19, 2023 8:21 PM

Midnight, I go downstairs and open the fridge... It's empty!

by Anonymousreply 6August 19, 2023 8:31 PM

One late afternoon, I went to the office to finish some work so I didn't have to do it the next day. The sun was still up, but the office felt dark and heavy. I actually got spooked so I finished as quickly as I could and left.

When I was almost home, I got a call from the security company. The police were at the office, all of the windows had been broken causing the alarms to sound. The woman I spoke with said the weird part was that the glass was lying on the grass, as though the windows had been broken from the inside.

by Anonymousreply 7August 19, 2023 8:31 PM

I was molested.

by Anonymousreply 8August 19, 2023 8:35 PM

That’s genuinely terrifying r7

by Anonymousreply 9August 19, 2023 8:50 PM

The one about the buffoon real estate con man who became president.

by Anonymousreply 10August 19, 2023 8:54 PM

I loved the thread with all the creepy desert stories

by Anonymousreply 11August 19, 2023 8:56 PM

R4 someone gettin a whoopin?

by Anonymousreply 12August 19, 2023 9:54 PM

I loved the thread with all the creepy dessert stories.

by Anonymousreply 13August 19, 2023 9:56 PM

I grew up not far from this lake and have been there many times. It is the most eerie, unsettling, creepy place I have ever been. Stayed overnight one time and refused to ever go back there again. You here people running through the woods but no one is there, loud, huge splashes in the water - nothing there. Heartbreaking sobbing - no one there. There was even a " ghost boat" just floating around the lake, empty. I couldn't get out of there fast enough. I'm not exaggerating when I say i was so frightened that I was close to tears and demanding my friend get us tf out of there. But there was also a feeling of overwhelming sadness, heavy, heavy sadness. Never again.

Lake Lanier is one of the most controversial lakes in the United States. It’s also purportedly one of the most haunted. Built atop multiple sunken communities and cemeteries, the lake still attracts tragedies of all kinds. Its dark past and ghostly reputation have been the topics of dozens of podcasts, hundreds of news stories, and the amateur investigative sleuthing of thousands.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14August 19, 2023 10:32 PM

I’ve had dreams about really obscure things involving people I barely know turn out to be true.

I once had a stalker and his girlfriend’s name was the same as mine (first and last). I’m a guy with a gender neutral first name and an uncommon last name. My stalker didn’t know my full name as far as I know.

Someone sent me a family heirloom in the mail shortly after they committed suicide.I received the item in the mail after they committed the act.

I could go on and on. I’m curious to see what other stories posters will share.

Good topic, OP!

by Anonymousreply 15August 20, 2023 1:57 AM

We lived in upstate NY for a few years when I was a kid. The house was haunted. The ghost was relatively benign. But you’d walk by a room and see him in your peripheral vision. The TV would randomly turn off and on by itself. Doors would open and close. He didnt seem angry or evil, just stuck. But as a kid it was terrifying, especially when I was home alone.

The owner prior to the family we bought the house from had died in the house so I always assumed it was him

by Anonymousreply 16August 20, 2023 2:02 AM

My husband passed away two months ago. For two weeks - before I moved out of the house- I heard him every night. You know the sounds of the person you have been with for years. It was just as if he were alive. It wasn't frighting, it was terribly sad and also comforting. I was grieving terribly, to the point of almost being unable to function. I felt him watching at night, as if he was worried about me. I finally moved to a town that neither of us had ever been before. Since he had no connection to my new town and apartment I figured his visits would immediately stop. They didn't. He continued to visit me every night for about two weeks. Every night i heard him moving around my new apartment, looking at everything and almost searching it. I don't know if he was confused about my new location or just being noisy. It was time for him to move on , and me as well. As much as I love him and miss him, his presence was too painful, if that makes sense. One night right before I went to bed, I said out loud, I love you dearly and always will, and please know I will be alright and you don't have to worry about me. It's ok to move on. I can't explain this. I have been an atheist for most of my life. I believe he knew I was in trouble mentally and physically, and I was. I was in a severe state of depression and hopelessness. He would not move on until he knew I was going to be alright. I just can't explain this but every word is true. Now I have to rethink everything I believed about there being no life after death. A dead man walked around my home for weeks after his death. It's very confusing.

by Anonymousreply 17August 20, 2023 2:24 AM

R17 My husband died four years ago and a couple of months ago I had a dream. I was walking down the hallway and could see this beautiful glow coming from the bedroom. I knew I didn't have any lights like that so I walked in. There he was - I'll call him W - sitting up in bed, bare chested with the covers pulled up around his waist. I said "W! I've missed you" and I could feel myself smiling. I reached over and felt his chest and it was warm. He said "You can see me?!" I said yes and he asked "What do I look like?" That made me laugh and I said "You look like W." He seemed confused and concerned and then I woke up. I felt extremely depressed when I realized it was a dream but it looked and felt completely real. Not scary at all, though. I realized that was the first time I was really happy since he died.

by Anonymousreply 18August 20, 2023 2:48 AM

I forgot something. I asked him what is it like and he said there is no time.

by Anonymousreply 19August 20, 2023 2:55 AM

Bump for Halloween

by Anonymousreply 20September 17, 2023 6:21 PM

This is a true story. I've posted it here before.

I grew up in a haunted house, and I'm certain something evil occupied it, something far beyond dead persons who had passed on and had lost their way. Whatever occupied that house was malevolent. Stuff happened to both my brother and I, and I'm sure my parents knew and moved due in large part to it. They also had the house blessed twice, which was a huge clue, even though they never acknowledged their suspicions to us, presumably so as not to scare us.

Years later, I met someone online and had the opportunity to speak with him before meeting (something that was sometimes done in the early days of online dating) and we got onto the topic of haunted houses because it was just before Halloween. He began to tell me about a recent experience at his friend's house which he fled in the dead of night because **something** was happening that he couldn't explain. He believed he was being attacked by something supernatural and began to describe it to me, a description which made my blood run cold. I won't describe it here because I'm still afraid of conjuring it, after all these years.

His description of the entity and the neighborhood sounded familiar, so I asked him where the house was. It was my old neighborhood. As my heart began to pound seemingly out of my chest, I asked him if he recalled the street name; he did, and it was my old street. Finally, I asked him for the house number and sure enough, it was my old house.

I quickly ended the phonecall and ghosted him (no pun intended). I honestly believe that his story, and my stumbling upon him so randomly, was a message / warning / confirmation from whatever evil that resided in that house, that what I had experienced as a kid was real and not imagined. Even more terrifyingly, I also believed it wanted me know that it could still REACH me.

While I'm reasonably skeptical of most things, I will never forget this encounter and do not believe in such extreme coincidences. I still burn frankincense regularly in my new home, just in case.

by Anonymousreply 21September 17, 2023 8:21 PM

My cooter itched, y’all

by Anonymousreply 22September 17, 2023 9:28 PM

R7 did your co workers bail you out op ?

by Anonymousreply 23September 17, 2023 11:16 PM

Duh... not op..... [r7]

by Anonymousreply 24September 17, 2023 11:17 PM

R23 Luckily, everyone believed me and I just had to drive back and give the police a statement.

by Anonymousreply 25September 18, 2023 1:33 AM

That’s terrifying r21 thank you for the story

by Anonymousreply 26September 18, 2023 1:45 AM

A man was walking home, alone, in the dark, on a rural road. On the side road of the road was an old cemetery that he had to walk past.

It was quiet while he walked, except, suddenly, he realized that, with every step he took, he could hear a mysterious scraping sound. If he slowed, the sound slowed. If he walked faster, the mysterious sound stayed right with him.

He ran past the cemetery. The sound kept up, right with him!

Finally, out of breath and scared out of his wits, he opened his front door, got into his house, and slammed the door shut.

As he stood there catching his breath, relief flooding him, he looked down at his baggy corduroy pants and realized those were what he was hearing, every step of the way...

by Anonymousreply 27September 18, 2023 1:55 AM

I drove a friend home from a party....in 1968 or so. I got turned around going home and stopped at a stop sign near an electric company substation.

Hovering above the station was some kind of flying saucer......no noise....lots of lights as it spun around. I stayed in my stopped car for awhile.....and then turned the corner and drove on. I looked in my rear view mirror and saw the saucer go noiselessly straight up into the air.......

I was not drunk.....16 years old.....and it was completely random - I guess I should have stayed to see what happened next.

by Anonymousreply 28September 18, 2023 2:33 AM

r21 what were the things you experienced? Can you share any of them?

by Anonymousreply 29September 18, 2023 3:20 AM

Does anyone remember this story that was really popular when I was a little kid? Something about a group of teenagers in a car that takes the wrong fork in the road. The car breaks down under a tree. The kids keep hearing a scratching sound and it turns out to be someone dead hanging from the tree and their hand is scraping against the car. I can't remember any other details, but I think maybe this one was told everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 30September 18, 2023 3:45 AM

I have a motion activated indoor cam so I can see what is going on with my pets during the day. During the night while I am sleeping I receive motion alerts for that camera. When I view the footage the next day it is 1 or both of my dogs staring at nothing and/or moving their heads or followings something around the room.

by Anonymousreply 31September 18, 2023 3:59 AM

That’s really creepy r31 and r28

by Anonymousreply 32September 18, 2023 4:02 AM

R31, Do you have mice perhaps?

by Anonymousreply 33September 18, 2023 4:25 AM

I’ve told bits of this before, but my abusive, Red River Métis high school ex, OG mid-17th century western-French immigrant/filles du roi descended/relative of Gabriel Dumont (family cheated out of scrip because they were buffalo hunters who were orphaned after the rebellion and only spoke French and Michif… [Canadians will know what I mean!]) he claimed to be a psychic and a medium, and he was possibly not wrong, even if he was a generationally-damaged abusive fucking asshole who beat the shit out of me and devastated me mentally…

Anyway… We’d do ouija sessions with others, using sealed envelope stuff as proof, and it was always uncannily spot-on - like the sealed-envelope stuff was always accurate! 😬

I always figured my role was more a “battery”, as I have ADHD and had uncanny empathy and strong chaotic energy I figured “entities” (whatever that entailed) could draw from that if I focused and offered (🤷🏻🙃🥴 - I mean, it seemed to work?)

Anyway, our duo seemed to work well that way; at any rate, as we had incredibly active sessions with the planchette zooming all over the fucking place!!🤷🏻(it’s seriously weird being an atheist and having had a planchette under your fingers move quickly and forcefully and spell things out, seemingly in response to questions!) Feeling it jerk under your fingers is really something else **i don’t claim to know anything about any of this**

One time, in high school, his regional lacrosse team was having a house party to celebrate a season victory, because of course this asshole was a star on a great lacrosse team, and you KNOW what trashy high school sports parents were (are?!) like 🙄… My bf was trying to contact our usual ghosts in order to impress these lacrosse dorks, but was having not much luck. The planchette kept moving forcefully across the table towards me, slowing, then dropping off the table onto my lap, over and over (if you’ve had an “active” ouija session, you’ll understand how weird that is. Though the movements of the planchette may be generated by the participants, it genuinely doesn’t feel that it is, and having it slowly but forcefully move off the table and into your lap is super fucking creepy!)

So, yeah - every time he asked a question, the planchette would travel across the table and fall into my lap. Eventually, he figured this was a SIGN (no, really?!), so we packed everything in and left the party early. Just as we cleared the road, cops passed us, moving in to break up the dumb fucking party. (neither of us were drinking at all, but every other underaged person was - and I know they just got slaps on the wrists, being rich lacrosse bros, but at the time it was very dramatic indeed! )

by Anonymousreply 34September 18, 2023 6:57 AM

Bunny Bixler and I were in the semi-finals - the very semi-finals, mind you - of the ping-pong tournament at the club and this ghastly thing happened. We were both playing way over our heads and the score was 29-28. And we had this really terrific volley and I stepped back to get this really terrific shot. And I stepped on the ping-pong ball! I just squashed it to bits. And then Bunny and I ran to the closet of the game room to get another ping-pong ball and the closet was locked! Imagine? We had to call the whole thing off. Well, it was ghastly. Well, it was just ghastly.

by Anonymousreply 35September 18, 2023 11:51 AM

I'm uncomfortable talking about it to this day. Suffice it to say it was terrifying at times, and my brother also experienced several of the same phenomena. However, I seemed to be the primary target.

Things like malevolent appararitions. I could tell they were malevolent bc they were preceded by strange smells with no origin (burning, or decomp smells). Some poltergeist activity (movement of objects, ex. some stuff moved in front of my eyes, other stuff disappeared and showed up in unlikely places), strange sounds like knocking sounds in the middle of the night, or sudden, loud banging noises. There were other things too.

My brother was tormented my something that would look up at his bedroom window from the backyard; something faceless and black. He described it as a black hole in human form.

Things often got worse after any religious stuff happened (burning of frankencense or the presence of a priest) then better for a time.

One thing I can tell you is they always knock twice. They would often tap on furniture or a close by wall just as I was falling asleep.

by Anonymousreply 36September 18, 2023 2:09 PM

R36 is for r29.

by Anonymousreply 37September 18, 2023 2:09 PM

That is really creepy r36 and r34

by Anonymousreply 38September 18, 2023 2:26 PM

One thing I don't understand about Gloria Upson's story is this: if there was only one table tennis ball and she was in the middle of a terrific volley, how did she step on it?

by Anonymousreply 39September 18, 2023 2:48 PM

R28- I had a similar experience years ago. I have told this before on the UFO thread. Like you, I was stone cold sober. My boyfriend was driving and I happened to look over at the woods behind a strip mall. There was a round saucer-shaped craft with circular lights blinking. It hovered over tree tops but the trees didn't move and it was completely silent. It then took off at the speed of light. The next day I read in the newspaper - Atlanta Journal - that there had been numerous reports of UFO's the night before. I do not know what that aircraft was, but I have never witnessed anything with that capability before or since. 🛸

by Anonymousreply 40September 18, 2023 2:56 PM

For R5, there was once a DL thread you might enjoy called "Scary Stories to Tell around the Datalounge Campfire", all of which resemble yours. An example:

[quote]Although the graphic photos of the bloodbath in the boutique bakery were bound to have an effect on the jury, surely the irrefutable evidence that the four-dollar cupcake had been made with imitation vanilla would sway them toward a just verdict of Not Guilty.

by Anonymousreply 41September 18, 2023 3:01 PM

R5: " I was having dinner at a (former) friend’s house when I saw him drain the pasta. Simply ghastly."

This is why I love DL, 🤣

by Anonymousreply 42September 18, 2023 3:02 PM

R34 how can you be an atheist and a ouija board user / believer?

That's about as much as I was able to discern from your spastic writing, I'm afraid. You sound high.

by Anonymousreply 43September 18, 2023 3:05 PM

I hear knocking when I fall asleep at night or sometimes it wakes me but I think it’s in my head. I also sometimes awake with the voice of a deceased loved one saying my name (usually my mother) but again, I believe it to be tricks of my own mind.

by Anonymousreply 44September 18, 2023 3:15 PM

^^^don't engage with it.

by Anonymousreply 45September 18, 2023 3:17 PM

R44 - google exploding head syndrome. Also hypnopompic and hypnagogic hallucinations.

Despite their scary names, they are natural and normal.

by Anonymousreply 46September 18, 2023 3:45 PM

[quote] It then took off at the speed of light.

Not implying your experience isn't true but fyi the speed of light is 186,000 miles per second, so basically it disappeared?

by Anonymousreply 47September 18, 2023 4:04 PM

R47- Almost, but no. It took off and disappeared in seconds.

by Anonymousreply 48September 18, 2023 4:22 PM

If you live in an old or extensively remodeled home or apartment - sometimes former "tenants" return and keep running into new walls where doors used to be.....it infuriates them and they can't adjust to the new layouts.

by Anonymousreply 49September 18, 2023 7:12 PM

I came from the hills of Arkansas on September 6, 1938. I walked under the stars and Neptune guided me through the darkness of the night. You want to know how I got my powers? Well, Neptune came to me in the form of a fishhook in June and May of 1937. I was reading my bible at the time. Oh yes, I'm a Baptist man, but I believe in the Divine, too. Neptune told me to walk straight ahead, that I would find a two headed man stranded on a rock. I found him but he disappeared. Then I knew I had the power.

by Anonymousreply 50September 18, 2023 8:41 PM

Shannon put me in the car and got behind the wheel.

by Anonymousreply 51September 18, 2023 8:44 PM

Have you ever been to Binghamton?

by Anonymousreply 52September 18, 2023 9:40 PM

R36, what you describe is a "shadow man."

I saw one once in a hotel room - blacker than black, moving towards my bed. I could see a hat and an overcoat silhouette, both as dark as the rest. The hat apparently is a typical feature.

It was fascinating and, I admit, disconcerting. I cursed at it as it reached the foot of my bed, and then it moved off to to side and dissipated.

The hotel, I learned afterwards, has a serious reputation for haunts. I stayed two other times. The second time something started growling in the corner of the room - it went on until I told it to fuck off. The third time I felt like a vortex opening up in that same corner, which also was where the shadow man started from. It was like a turning, twisting energy with nothing visible. I don't hallucinate and I'd never felt anything like it. Just as I got nervous some workmen unlocked the door and came in to move furniture out, they said - this was 4:30 pm. I called down to the desk and said to move me to another room because this was ridiculous, and in the new room there was no trace of anything weird.

by Anonymousreply 53September 18, 2023 9:54 PM

R33. About a year ago a mouse got in and my female Jack Russell took care of it in short order. She is not hesitant to guard her territory.

by Anonymousreply 54September 18, 2023 10:10 PM

My experiences with the paranormal began when I was four years old and continue into the present. My late father also had this ability. Sometimes I feel like a spook magnet.

One day I was standing in the doorway of the kitchen and suddenly heard a cat running down the hallway from the area of the master bedroom. Our young cat Dax rounded the corner and , in close pursuit was Tom, a black cat. Nothing strange about that, you say? Well....Tom had died some years before. Poor, terrified Dax raced through the living room doorway, with Tom in close pursuit. As Tom crossed over the threshold, he vanished. Now you see him, now you don't.

Dax was so unnerved that he spent the rest of the day skulking around, looking this way and that in case his strange pursuer would re-appear.

Later that night, on his way to bed, my partner saw the deceased Tom sitting placidly at the end of the hallway

by Anonymousreply 55September 18, 2023 10:14 PM

[quote]R53: what you describe is a "shadow man." I saw one once in a hotel room - blacker than black, moving towards my bed. I could see a hat and an overcoat silhouette, both as dark as the rest. The hat apparently is a typical feature.

Yeah, I saw that 1985 New Twilight Zone episode, too. °–°

"I am the Shadow Man, and I will never harm the person under whose bed I live."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56September 18, 2023 10:41 PM

I’ve seen shadow people. Twice it was during the day. I’ve always heard how evil they’re supposed to be but just didn’t feel it. The spookiest sighting was when I was walking my dog and one just passed right in front of me. He saw it too but didn’t bark or anything. He kept looking behind us the rest of the walk though.

by Anonymousreply 57September 18, 2023 10:51 PM

I walked into the Bellagio bathroom and encountered a horrifying scene.

by Anonymousreply 58September 18, 2023 11:14 PM

True story

My neighbor just peered in at me through my living room window. I was sitting here on my couch relaxing and suddenly that motherfucker has his face pressed against my window looking at me! I instantly flipped him off and started screaming at him. Ugh!!!!

by Anonymousreply 59September 18, 2023 11:16 PM

"Whatever occupied that house was malevolent."

Mar-A-Lago?

by Anonymousreply 60September 18, 2023 11:19 PM

I lived for months in a residential rehab across the street from the empty Herb Baumeister mansion (the Indianapolis psycho who murdered some 30+ gay men while his wife was away on weekends). On Christmas morning we broke into the (unlocked) house, entering through the room with the indoor pool (where all the murders took place). The huge house was completely empty (almost). We pushed through the door of one of the bedrooms and found an unrolled camp bed. Next to it were 3 or 4 automatic rifles. We fled screaming (Indiana is a stand your ground state and we could have been shot on sight).

by Anonymousreply 61September 18, 2023 11:30 PM

R18's post brought tears to my eyes, especially this part:

[quote]I said "W! I've missed you"

by Anonymousreply 62September 18, 2023 11:50 PM

Were you farting 5 min ago??

by Anonymousreply 63September 19, 2023 12:09 AM

One night lying in bed not asleep yet, I felt someone/something sit down on the bed. No one was there.

by Anonymousreply 64September 19, 2023 12:24 AM

Years ago I had sleep paralysis. It was a chittering monkey type creature by the side of my bed which then leaped on my chest and I swear my bed was actually shaking as this thing jumped up and down on my chest. I woke up thinking it was real but the next day I looked it up and saw a painting which portrayed something very similar to my dream. Not real but very scary. Never had it happen again.

by Anonymousreply 65September 19, 2023 12:34 AM

My brother died in July 2020 and I spent the rest of the summer trying to get his affairs in order.

I was driving to the grocery store in September and looked in the rear video mirror. There was my brother. He was wearing the same pullover fleece he had on when I saw him that previous Christmas. I wasn’t scared, just surprised. He was looking out the window. I had to look back down…. And when I looked up, he was gone.

It’s all imagination, especially then, when my mind was so tired it was purging a lot of things.

by Anonymousreply 66September 19, 2023 1:27 AM

R56, your point is on your head.

The "Twilight Zone" lifted the lore. It didn't invent it. And I don't need to search for story material in the absence of experience.

Sorry about your life.

by Anonymousreply 67September 19, 2023 3:09 PM

I like to sit around and freak my own shit. A burst of cold water in my shower. Sticking my finger in an electrical outlet.

by Anonymousreply 68September 19, 2023 8:07 PM

That’s pretty spooky r68

by Anonymousreply 69September 19, 2023 8:25 PM

[quote]R67: The "Twilight Zone" lifted the lore. It didn't invent it.

To demonstrate that, you'd need to provide a source describing the name ("Shadow Man") and trademark characteristics (cloak, hat, etc) that antedates that episode of the Twilight Zone. After a cursory search, I couldn't find anything prior to the middle of the 1980s. Until demonstrated otherwise, the "lore," as you put it, is drawn from that episode, just as David Icke's 'reptilians' are drawn from 'V: The Miniseries' (1984).

Some people simply cannot distinguish television fantasy from reality.

[quote]And I don't need to search for story material in the absence of experience.

You were caught sourcing from television, and are responding defensively and gracelessly. You could have simply acknowledged the source, and noted that the thread asks for '𝑆𝑝𝑜𝑜𝑘𝑦 𝑠𝑡𝑜𝑟𝑖𝑒𝑠 to tell when it's light out,' and that you thought that one was worth repeating. Stamping your little feet and insisting 'they're real, they're real, they're real!' and insulting me for pointing out the episode is not the way, even if I have bruised some 𝑤𝑜𝑜 that you happen to believe in.

[quote]Sorry about your life.

What a bitter projection of your own loss.

I condole you. :D

by Anonymousreply 70September 20, 2023 2:46 AM

You shook my tits and you rattled my cunt

by Anonymousreply 71September 20, 2023 4:07 AM

Could it be just possible that some of the responses are simple, or clever fabrications, and the posters are getting a kind of thrill from their supposed power to creep others out, shock or dismay them? (I mean, not mentioning the stories that were obviously lifted from other threads)

by Anonymousreply 72December 14, 2023 12:57 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!