Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I've always despised Dolly Parton

I think it's the combination of her faux humility with her predatory capitalistic instinct. She's not real, she just shows the public the friendly facade they want to see, in order for her to profit off them further. Everything she is comes down to making money. Her philosophy is not about living, it's about exploiting. And the worst of it being, is that her fans get so fucking defensive about it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145April 8, 2023 1:30 AM

Are you Jolene, Miss OP?

by Anonymousreply 1March 24, 2023 3:13 PM

I love how this site turns everything on its head. I don’t think she’s necessarily but a malicious person but I always question her motives.

by Anonymousreply 2March 24, 2023 3:13 PM

She gave a boatload of $ to develop a covid cure.

by Anonymousreply 3March 24, 2023 3:15 PM

You’re dead to me, OP.

by Anonymousreply 4March 24, 2023 3:16 PM

r3 right because humanity getting wiped out by a pandemic would seriously affect her future monetary projection.

by Anonymousreply 5March 24, 2023 3:17 PM

I'm guessing OP started that thread a couple weeks ago asking "what women are beloved on DL?" and is using the responses to create troll threads.

by Anonymousreply 6March 24, 2023 3:17 PM

r4 good. I want no part of your cheesy illusions.

by Anonymousreply 7March 24, 2023 3:17 PM

I don’t think she a horrible person or Kanye West, but she does have somewhat of a fake persona. I remember reading this and being shocked she of all people said it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8March 24, 2023 3:22 PM

Even if it is an all act, so what? It is an act that makes the world a better place. Would you rather she act like Kim K? Would you rather she act like Will Smith? Like Britney Spears?

Is the worst thing you can say about a person is that her niceness is an act, and she gives back as an act, then that isn’t too bad.

And for what it is worth, I don’t think it is an act. Opening up a theme park in your old hometown to ensure jobs is not an act. Donating children books to all children in your home state, is not an act. Giving over 20,000 per each family in an area near your hometown that was burnt to the ground - and delivering it is person - is not an act.

by Anonymousreply 9March 24, 2023 3:22 PM

She's working 9 to 5, otherwise she would reply to this silly thread.

by Anonymousreply 10March 24, 2023 3:37 PM

Your mama should have swallowed OP!

by Anonymousreply 11March 24, 2023 3:42 PM

It is Spring Break, right? I guess OP's parents were too cheap to send him on vacation, so he has to entertain himself with nonsense like this.

by Anonymousreply 12March 24, 2023 3:47 PM

Who dreamt up this commercial? It's beyond depressing that people have to work from 9 in the morning to 9 in the evening just to make ends meet!

by Anonymousreply 13March 24, 2023 3:48 PM

I love all the pearl clutching replies to this thread by hysterical old queens. You are all making feeble arguments in defense of a woman who doesn't care if you live or die.

by Anonymousreply 14March 24, 2023 3:49 PM

R14, why would I care if a stranger who doesn't know me, cared if I lived or died? What a silly thread you've created and it hasn't triggered anyone.

by Anonymousreply 15March 24, 2023 3:51 PM

Reba is way better and authentic. Dolly is fake.

by Anonymousreply 16March 24, 2023 3:52 PM

r15 it's triggered you, clearly. The defensiveness I've talked about it so evident in these replies. Exactly r16. Reba doesn't go in for that fake shit.

by Anonymousreply 17March 24, 2023 3:53 PM

You seem awfully desperate to stir shit, but completely incompetent at doing so

by Anonymousreply 18March 24, 2023 3:54 PM

R8 wow

by Anonymousreply 19March 24, 2023 3:54 PM

I agree about Reba. She's never hid her capitalistic nature. Remember when she used her helicopter to fly in and out of the skyscraper construction company she owned in Nashville? She was about diversifying and making money because she never wanted to go back to Oklahoma and live like the pathetic freaky looking girl she was.

by Anonymousreply 20March 24, 2023 4:47 PM

Sounds personal OP. In the grand scheme of things with a world filled with the likes of Dump, MTG and Gaetz like creatures you're attacking a woman who gives back to her community?

by Anonymousreply 21March 24, 2023 4:56 PM

How is she exploiting others? It sounds like OP mistrusts anyone who becomes rich.

by Anonymousreply 22March 24, 2023 6:14 PM

She's business savvy and understands that there's no need to put political opinions out there (one side or the other will get upset).

Elvis Presley wanted to record "I Will Always Love You," a song she wrote, but Col. Parker wanted half of the publishing rights. Dolly said no, I wrote that song.

Business savvy.

by Anonymousreply 23March 24, 2023 6:22 PM

Poor attention-starved OP.

by Anonymousreply 24March 24, 2023 6:28 PM

I've always despised apple sauce.

by Anonymousreply 25March 24, 2023 6:28 PM

well, her upcoming 28-track rock album seems to bringing together a many well known lgbt allies... .(Cyndi, Elton, Deborah....)

(and ample donations to support charities)

rumours are abounding as to why...

even as british media trashes her (along with Taylor Swift and Reba for not speaking out against TN

the American media panics at the prospect of her health or potentially retiring with the rate of projects she's been pushing out in the last year and the many m ore ahead with no time to spare between.

by Anonymousreply 26March 24, 2023 7:09 PM

In 2017-2018, Dolly donated $1 million to the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt University Medical Center. She also opened the Hannah Dennison Butterfly Garden at the hospital, which is dedicated to her niece. Hannah was treated for leukemia at the hospital in 1990 and has since made a full recovery.

In 2016, Dolly launched the My People Fund, which donated $1,000 a month for six months to families whose homes were destroyed by wildfires in East Tennessee. The fund eventually donated $8.6 million to families in need and still operates to help residents pay rent and utilities. The fund also helps with food and mental health resources.

Shortly following the creation of the Dollywood Foundation, Dolly established the Buddy Program to quash the high school dropout rate in Sevier County, Tennessee. The program encourages seventh and eighth-grade students to "buddy up" with each other, and if they both successfully graduate high school, each graduating student gets $500. In response to Dolly's generosity, the dropout rate declined to 6 percent.

And her Imagination Library has donated over 190 million books to people in need.

And she wrote Jolene and I Will Always Love You on the same day when she was 26.

I can see why OP hates her so much.

by Anonymousreply 27March 24, 2023 7:18 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28March 24, 2023 7:20 PM

I don’t hate her but I could never get into her because she’s just a cartoon character

by Anonymousreply 29March 24, 2023 7:22 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30March 24, 2023 7:23 PM

As the usual R1 kicker has noted, DL is a reverse universe. She is not perfect or a saint but Dolly Parton is very very good on so many levels.

by Anonymousreply 31March 24, 2023 7:32 PM

OP is Ed. Win off her meds.

by Anonymousreply 32March 24, 2023 7:45 PM

Nobody despises Dolly Parton. That's just stupid talk.

by Anonymousreply 33March 24, 2023 7:47 PM

OMG 😳

I never knew she was a Buffy producer!!! How amazing is that?

Fuck you OP, Dolly is a national treasure.

by Anonymousreply 34March 24, 2023 7:50 PM

Reba is a republican.

by Anonymousreply 35March 24, 2023 7:51 PM

OP raped Minnie pearl’s dead body!

by Anonymousreply 36March 24, 2023 8:28 PM

Dolly is a true national treasure.

by Anonymousreply 37March 24, 2023 8:42 PM

Step off, OP.

by Anonymousreply 38March 24, 2023 9:04 PM

OP = Stella Parton

by Anonymousreply 39March 24, 2023 9:20 PM

Dolly is the most generous celebrity out there so she can make all the fucking money she wants.

by Anonymousreply 40March 24, 2023 9:25 PM

Gurl/OP....you in DANGER!!!!

by Anonymousreply 41March 24, 2023 9:31 PM

Have we had a thread on Sandy Gallin?

by Anonymousreply 42March 24, 2023 9:32 PM

Her carefully-devised persona is all she allows the public to see, and I’ve never really bought it. She paid Elaine Boosler $500 in 1979 to write some one-liners for her and she’s still using them - it’s kind of dull. Why would you watch a Dolly interview? You know exactly what she’s going to say.

That said, she is genuinely, massively, generous as a person, and an overall force for good, not to mention an incredibly talented song-writer, so I absolutely give her a pass for being as fake as she seems.

There’s no way you can look at all she’s done and says there’s a net negative to her. She is indeed one of the good ones.

by Anonymousreply 43March 24, 2023 9:41 PM

Dolly said it best. Show business has the word "business"in it because it is a multimillion dollar business. To survive one must have good business sense and the ability to strategize as with any business.

by Anonymousreply 44March 24, 2023 9:49 PM

“ You know exactly what she’s going to say.”

And I keep telling you that, but you keep asking me to say them anyway!

by Anonymousreply 45March 24, 2023 9:50 PM

Dolly's free book program has always been for Anyone whether they could afford it or not and she just extended her program worldwide. Her father couldn't read and she didn't want kids bot be able to read. Dolly has done a Lot of good with her money unlike a lot of others. Dolly is a national treasure as said above.

Some people have an instinct to read people and some people have none.

by Anonymousreply 46March 24, 2023 10:00 PM

People love Dolly because, despite the artifice, she seems real and genuine.

Yes, she plays up to her persona, but I think that's mostly the real Dolly. She genuinely cares about people. She also cares about having sufficient money and power to accomplish the things she wants to do. She is very driven woman.

by Anonymousreply 47March 24, 2023 10:11 PM

Everyone in the professional world is "fake." That's part of being an adult is learning to control your emotions, having a filter and treating others with respect. She's a professional and has done a lot of charity and philanthropy. She inspires people to reach for their inner-good. Ultimately, she's someone who is a positive force. Very odd to hate her for doing her job and using her celebrity responsibly. Not every famous person needs to be a broken down mess who shares all their dirty laundry to the public. Dolly is old school

by Anonymousreply 48March 24, 2023 10:17 PM

OP is trolling to be contrary, since DP is obviously a far better person than cunt OP.

Die in a grease fire, cunt OP.

by Anonymousreply 49March 25, 2023 4:14 AM

I disagree. Her career is being a songwriter and entertainer, but also a businessperson because she realizes that what she does is also a business and there are important financial responsibilities, consequences and potential about that. Plus whatever she does and makes from it, she always appears to give back to those people and organizations in need.

by Anonymousreply 50March 25, 2023 5:02 AM

I love Dolly,have my whole life ,BUT it must be said.She needs to quit now. She looks horrific and sounds terrible when she sings. She obviously doesnt believe in the word 'overexposure' . Im just tired of seeing her .

by Anonymousreply 51March 25, 2023 5:21 AM

Dolly never forgot where she came from.

And she's very, very generous with her million$.

Great human being and philanthropist.

Her heart is even bigger than her boobs.

by Anonymousreply 52March 25, 2023 5:46 AM

R51 I am sure the successful businesswoman, recording artist, actress and philanthropist Dolly Parton really cares what you say.

by Anonymousreply 53March 25, 2023 10:28 AM

She seems to have steered her goddaughter Miley right.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54March 25, 2023 12:04 PM

She is one of the very few celebrities that I still have any respect for. A generous lady with a wonderful sense of humor.

by Anonymousreply 55March 25, 2023 12:16 PM

OP is a troll. You have to lean hard into anger and resentment to start a dumb thread like this.

by Anonymousreply 56March 25, 2023 12:56 PM

OP, what's the point? No wit, no humor, and no (as is necessary) plausible basis upon which to riff.

FAIL and a 0/10.

by Anonymousreply 57March 25, 2023 1:05 PM

Note straw man of "defensiveness" that the OP snots out, as if that game plays with anyone who got through a week of Rhetoric classes.

And the familiar "thread hovering":

I've always despised Dolly Parton I think it's the combination of her faux humility with her predatory capitalistic instinct. She's not real, she just shows the public the friendly facade they want to see, in order for her to profit off them further. Everything she is comes down to making money. Her philosophy is not about living, it's about exploiting. And the worst of it being, is that her fans get so fucking defensive about it.

I've always despised Dolly Parton r3 right because humanity getting wiped out by a pandemic would seriously affect her future monetary projection.

I've always despised Dolly Parton r4 good. I want no part of your cheesy illusions.

I've always despised Dolly Parton I love all the pearl clutching replies to this thread by hysterical old queens. You are all making feeble arguments in defense of a woman who doesn't care if you live or die.

I've always despised Dolly Parton r15 it's triggered you, clearly. The defensiveness I've talked about it so evident in these replies. Exactly r16. Reba doesn't go in for that fake shit.

by Anonymousreply 58March 25, 2023 1:07 PM

OP has issues with country-western singers:

[quote]Crystal Gayle -- What do we think, gurls? She's an incredibly feminine and eloquent lady, unlike her hick family.

by Anonymousreply 59March 25, 2023 1:10 PM

OP there are so many creepy wife-beating and daughter-fucking trashy men in country music at whom to direct your hatred.

Dolly, Patsy, Loretta, Maybelle, Tammy, Crystal et al. are golden.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60March 25, 2023 2:31 PM

Dolly is one of the most talented singers ever. She also sang about a lot of pain and struggle throughout her life. Despite that, she has a good heart, which is hard to encounter in the hills a Tennessee. At a time when gay people were oppressed beyond belief, they identified with her sense of style and she theirs.

by Anonymousreply 61March 25, 2023 3:34 PM

You and your name are part of the problem, R61!!

by Anonymousreply 62March 25, 2023 3:41 PM

Not everyone is going to like the same people. I love Dolly. She is a super talent. Writing, performing, producing. She is the real deal. I've seen her in concert 3 times. She plays at least 8 different instruments, sings, tells stories. She had the entire audience in the palm of her hand for 2 hours without a break. She built Dollywood to give her poor relations a way to make a decent living. She inspires so many people with her words and energy. So she made a shit ton of money along the way. What other mega talent hasn't. Elton John? Cher? She is a better human than so many people these days.

by Anonymousreply 63March 25, 2023 3:48 PM

It's her syrupy positivity which feels insincere. I find a lot of white people lap it up but people of color see through it.

by Anonymousreply 64March 26, 2023 12:01 PM

R14, I don't care if you live or die. Does that help?

by Anonymousreply 65March 26, 2023 12:21 PM

r65 so what? You are nobody, and not important.

by Anonymousreply 66March 26, 2023 12:40 PM

Oh good, you cleared out a bit of the necrotic bile from your personality, R66. Good for you.

by Anonymousreply 67March 26, 2023 12:46 PM

OP is one of the children who laughed at Dolly when she wore her coat of many colors to school.

by Anonymousreply 68March 26, 2023 12:46 PM

OP probably helped off Betty White.

by Anonymousreply 69March 26, 2023 12:47 PM

Oh wait, were you talking to OP, R66? Never mind.

by Anonymousreply 70March 26, 2023 12:48 PM

Good, celebrities should be completely fake and act like archetypal role models. Who they are as actual people doesn't mean shit to me.

by Anonymousreply 71March 26, 2023 12:50 PM

Really, R64? Did POC all see through Bill Cosby, too?

At least Parton didn't rape anybody. But she did give millions during the COVID pandemic. I guess that's an example of her "syrupy positivity."

Fuck outta here.

by Anonymousreply 72March 26, 2023 12:51 PM

I do like Dolly and think she's very gifted, and authentic in her way. The marriage, though, is....well, none of my beeswax I guess.

It is annoying how there are certain celebrities we're all pushed to worship, like Betty White.

by Anonymousreply 73March 26, 2023 12:59 PM

r73, that's exactly it. The canonization of people like Dolly and Betty White is nauseating.

by Anonymousreply 74March 26, 2023 1:02 PM

Who's pushing you, R73/R74?

by Anonymousreply 75March 26, 2023 1:03 PM

What a dumb question, R75.

by Anonymousreply 76March 26, 2023 1:09 PM

[quote] Are you Jolene, Miss OP?

Thank you, r1. You gave me a real-world laugh out loud moment.

by Anonymousreply 77March 26, 2023 1:10 PM

So what's your "smart" answer, R76?

by Anonymousreply 78March 26, 2023 1:10 PM

So nobody is pushing you, R76.

by Anonymousreply 79March 26, 2023 1:11 PM

Exactly. R76 is an idiot all by herself.

by Anonymousreply 80March 26, 2023 1:13 PM

Rug muncher.

by Anonymousreply 81March 26, 2023 1:27 PM

That's R81's reason for hating her.

R81 sucks cock.

by Anonymousreply 82March 26, 2023 1:38 PM

Well my hubby is an opera singer and Dolly Parton has been my comeback for the last 30 years. Every time he starts singing some opera, I turn on Dolly with extra volume.

I have always liked her.

by Anonymousreply 83March 26, 2023 1:45 PM

That Dolly can eat a mean cooch!

by Anonymousreply 84March 26, 2023 1:50 PM

And nice ones, too!

by Anonymousreply 85March 26, 2023 1:52 PM

Nice cooch.

Somehow that got changed to coach.

by Anonymousreply 86March 26, 2023 1:53 PM

F&F OP

by Anonymousreply 87March 26, 2023 1:56 PM

I always thought gay men were open minded and could handle debate but the responses to this thread tell me otherwise. You are just as cultish and intolerant as the people who oppress you.

by Anonymousreply 88March 26, 2023 2:19 PM

R88 is whining on DL of all places.

by Anonymousreply 89March 26, 2023 2:22 PM

r64

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90March 26, 2023 2:31 PM

HAHAHAHA.

Thanks, R90.

What an idiot R64 is.

by Anonymousreply 91March 26, 2023 2:39 PM

OP is an argumentative troll. Just block it.

by Anonymousreply 92March 26, 2023 2:49 PM

Dolly Parton was best friends with sex pest/plastic surgery enthusiast Sandy Gallin.

That's all you need to know.

by Anonymousreply 93March 26, 2023 2:59 PM

r91 How so?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94March 26, 2023 3:10 PM

I had to look up Sandy Gallin to know who the fuck R93 was even talking about. R93 is highly disingenuous.

According to Wiki:

Gallin produced over 20 movies as well as Broadway plays, with Dolly Parton was co-owner of the film and television production company Sandollar Productions, and was the CEO of Mirage Entertainment and Sports. He was a close associate of Steve Wynn Barry Diller, David Geffen, Diane Von Furstenberg, and Calvin Klein.

His 70th birthday party was thrown at Donna Karan's West Village studio and was attended by Patti LaBelle, Barbra Streisand, Joan Rivers, Bette Midler, Vera Wang, Renée Zellweger, Richard Gere, Sandra Bernhard, Les Moonves, and Ron Perelman.

Sexual harassment issues In 1997, Gallin was sued by two former employees alleging sexual harassment. The lawsuit alleged Gallin asked them to coordinate sexual visits with men, as well as to offer their sexual services to potential clients to secure relationships. Gallin responded with a countersuit alleging his former employees had breached their contractual obligations with his firm and produced the sexual harassment allegations by way of distraction from their violations.

by Anonymousreply 95March 26, 2023 3:10 PM

If this thread was designed to turn people against Parton, it only served to turn people against OP.

by Anonymousreply 96March 26, 2023 3:14 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97March 26, 2023 3:20 PM

Imagine despising Dolly Parton. I can't. I just can't.

by Anonymousreply 98March 26, 2023 3:21 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99March 26, 2023 3:25 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100March 26, 2023 3:26 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101March 26, 2023 3:26 PM

Can you name a prominent woman that you don't despise?

by Anonymousreply 102March 26, 2023 3:29 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103March 26, 2023 3:46 PM

These are all the reasons people like her, including POC, and all the reasons why OP eats shit.

by Anonymousreply 104March 26, 2023 3:48 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105March 26, 2023 3:48 PM

How am I supposed to despise the person who gave us "Light of a Clear Blue Morning"?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106March 26, 2023 3:50 PM

^one of the greatest songs ever

by Anonymousreply 107March 26, 2023 3:52 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108March 26, 2023 3:52 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109March 26, 2023 3:52 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110March 26, 2023 3:57 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111March 26, 2023 3:58 PM

Great trolling, OP. Bravo! Did you get the attention you need? Just know that when you die, nobody is going to mourn your passing.

by Anonymousreply 112March 26, 2023 3:59 PM

So OP has proven DL loves Dolly and hates OP.

by Anonymousreply 113March 26, 2023 4:03 PM

"Family"

Written by: Dolly Parton, Carl L Perkins

Album: Eagle When She Flies

Released: 1991

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114March 26, 2023 4:07 PM

Judging by OP's other comments here she's a vapid, celeb obsessed troll. That said, if you're going to rich celebs hate the ones like the Kartrashians or Beyonce and her fug husband. They don't seem to do anything with their money except display grotesquely conspicuous consumption and seem to perform very little philanthropic acts.

by Anonymousreply 115March 26, 2023 4:38 PM

^^hate rich celebs

by Anonymousreply 116March 26, 2023 4:39 PM

Dolly should run for public office.

I love her.

by Anonymousreply 117March 26, 2023 5:04 PM

[quote] I always thought gay men were open minded and could handle debate but the responses to this thread tell me otherwise. You are just as cultish and intolerant as the people who oppress you.

Do you know how often we hear this whine from breeder scum who can’t handle being disagreed with?

Fuck off

by Anonymousreply 118March 26, 2023 5:28 PM

Why do gays worship divas and hate other out gay men?

by Anonymousreply 119March 26, 2023 5:30 PM

I also read somewhere that she had donated band uniforms to some high schools.

I didn’t get the fevered adoration of Betty White, actually. Just some old broad.

Dolly has done a million more good things than White ever did.

by Anonymousreply 120March 26, 2023 6:03 PM

While I'm sure she's far from perfect, just like every other human on this earth, she comes fairly close. She's always put her money where her mouth is and supported various causes and given back a lot. She seems like a sincere, sweet, funny woman who happens to also be incredibly talented. It says a lot that she's good friends with one of the Republican's biggest boogeywomen, Jane Fonda, and yet they still love Dolly. She's lovable.

by Anonymousreply 121March 26, 2023 6:30 PM

Boy, did this backfire on asshole OP!

OP, die in a crackling, fucking grease fire.

by Anonymousreply 122March 26, 2023 7:58 PM

OP is very busy now soliciting TRANS outrage. Great day for trolls.

by Anonymousreply 123March 26, 2023 8:01 PM

R120. Yes, Dolly has provided band uniforms for inner city high school bands.

by Anonymousreply 124March 26, 2023 8:15 PM

Has she had work done or her clit?

by Anonymousreply 125March 27, 2023 3:36 AM

It's her fake niceness which is so galling. We all know she probably voted for Trump in secret. Her sister was just exposed as a massive racist.

by Anonymousreply 126March 29, 2023 12:05 PM

[quote] We all know she probably voted for Trump in secret.

You're such a stupid cunt, 126.

by Anonymousreply 127March 29, 2023 12:50 PM

r127 triggered little bitch.

by Anonymousreply 128March 29, 2023 1:24 PM

R126/R128 is a gash who makes shit up.

Die in a fucking grease fire, gash.

by Anonymousreply 129March 29, 2023 1:26 PM

r129 your hysteria for this fake woman amuses me.

by Anonymousreply 130March 29, 2023 1:31 PM

She is gay friendly and had done so much charity work. This is over and above a stellar singing career.

That's why we love her

by Anonymousreply 131March 29, 2023 1:33 PM

R130 is just a gash troll. Ignore it.

by Anonymousreply 132March 29, 2023 1:34 PM

There is no proof of her being fake or a racist.

Honestly, I don't care how she is personally. She's never going to be my friend.

Her outward actions, however, rooted in "love they neighbor" and that's great to see,

by Anonymousreply 133March 29, 2023 1:34 PM

[quote] I always thought gay men were open minded and could handle debate but the responses to this thread tell me otherwise. You are just as cultish and intolerant as the people who oppress you.

Honest debate requires more facts than "She's a fake!!"

by Anonymousreply 134March 29, 2023 1:35 PM

She's obviously a Republican. It goes back to what I was saying about her using you all. She knows it would affect her brand with the majority liberal youth if she was honest. Even at Dollywood, she had a celebration of Confederate culture.

by Anonymousreply 135March 29, 2023 1:47 PM

R133 I know someone who is a longtime friend of Dolly’s. She said Dolly, in private, is just like she is in public. In fact , she once visited Dolly and reported Dolly was cooking turnip greens and pinto beans.

by Anonymousreply 136March 29, 2023 1:48 PM

We all know R126 has a prolapsed asshole.

by Anonymousreply 137March 29, 2023 1:51 PM

^At Dollywood? Where?

Dolly’s company did but the wildly popular dinner show, Dixie Stampefe, but changed the name.

by Anonymousreply 138March 29, 2023 1:53 PM

OP, and a few others who upvoted him, are just mad because none of Dolly's money has ever benefitted them.

by Anonymousreply 139March 29, 2023 1:55 PM

Of all the celebs to hate, Dolly Parton!? Really? OP has too much time on their hands.

by Anonymousreply 140March 29, 2023 2:24 PM

Hey r95, here's a tip. When you say "I know nothing about this", that is when you should shut up.

by Anonymousreply 141March 30, 2023 1:31 PM

R141, how about asking the idiot claiming some close friendship between Parton and Gallin (guilty of nothing, by the way) as someone who should shut the fuck up?

by Anonymousreply 142March 30, 2023 11:29 PM

I just don't trust Dolly. Her sister being an open racist on twitter was eye-opening. They had the same cultural background, and Dolly clearly prides herself on her white southern identity which is bound up with the degradation of the darker race. Dolly is good at sidestepping with her 'All Lives Matter' approach.

by Anonymousreply 143March 31, 2023 1:04 PM

More bullshit "I just don't trustier" bullshit from people like R143 who don't fucking know her and make stupid speculations. She could give away her entire fortune and R143 would be unimpressed.

And NO ONE CARES.

by Anonymousreply 144March 31, 2023 1:47 PM

What are they saying that Dolly did now?

by Anonymousreply 145April 8, 2023 1:30 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!