Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

MyChart

It is a portal that my healthcare provider uses to message with the doctor, make appointments, and get test results. I think it is a great service, but my only issue is your test results are often released to your chart before your doctor has had an opportunity to read and review them. So, you're sitting out there with this information that is both good and bad to have. So what do you do, you end up Googling; and Google and your health information are not always the best duo. Now I have to wait for my doctor.

by Anonymousreply 7March 25, 2023 9:49 PM

Had that happen to me recently when I received very concerning results. When the doc called the next day, I learned I needn’t have stressed as much as I did… we can mitigate with medication. But I was really worked up for a while there.

by Anonymousreply 1March 24, 2023 1:56 AM

MyChart is really useful and convenient. I have some doctors who use other services, and they all suck compared to MyChart. The only downside is the one you mentioned.

by Anonymousreply 2March 24, 2023 1:57 AM

I never check my results on MyChart. Why would I bother? If it was important I assume they would call me.

by Anonymousreply 3March 24, 2023 4:30 AM

Never assume they will call you. Most medical practices these days are incredibly understaffed relative to what’s needed to give proper care (thank the insurance cos.).

Had a PCP wholes office never looked at any of my test results until I called to prompt them.

by Anonymousreply 4March 24, 2023 8:28 PM

My health care provider seldom calls me at all to discuss results. Everything is online, including the explanations that I Google for myself.

by Anonymousreply 5March 24, 2023 9:17 PM

The reason why you want your doctor to interpret your results is because often they look at the tests collectively and not individually to determine if there is an issue or not. You can Google individual test results and send yourself down a concern spiral. I'm happy with my current PCP, but sometimes I've thought about looking into concierge medicine.

by Anonymousreply 6March 24, 2023 9:28 PM

Yes, you should want both… access to the results yourself but your doctor’s interpretation.

My old doc didn’t have a portal. He always told me my cholesterol was fine. Turns out, I was in a grey area. And a test showed concerning plaque buildup that a statin would have helped with.

Wish I’d known.

by Anonymousreply 7March 25, 2023 9:49 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!