Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

"The Notebook" almost starred Tom Cruise and Britney Spears

I do remember them having her come in to audition and she did it. She did ultimately decide not to make the movie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15October 27, 2023 12:41 PM

They were supposed to play teenage sweethearts? They have at least a 20 year age gap between them!

by Anonymousreply 1March 23, 2023 9:12 PM

They would have provided the biggest cinematic romantic sparks since Moment by Moment.

by Anonymousreply 2March 23, 2023 9:14 PM

She did not turn it down. They ended up going with Rachel McAdams over her but she was pretty much final two in the race for the part.

She speaks about it here without mentioning what the movie is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3March 23, 2023 9:18 PM

Someone was trying to sell her audition tape for $1 million.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4March 23, 2023 9:23 PM

I almost wished this happened. It would have been so bizarre it would become a data lounge camp classic.

by Anonymousreply 5March 23, 2023 9:25 PM

She can’t act, so.

by Anonymousreply 6March 23, 2023 9:32 PM

Idk about dramatic acting but I think she was good on SNL & Will and Grace

by Anonymousreply 7March 23, 2023 9:51 PM

She’s good at comedy.

by Anonymousreply 8March 23, 2023 9:53 PM

I can't imagine Tom Cruise in that movie, romantic lead just doesn't spring to mind when I think of him. However, he did a good job of it in Oblivion.

by Anonymousreply 9March 23, 2023 10:00 PM

Fuck, it could have had a Mommie Dearest level of camp with the two of them.

by Anonymousreply 10March 23, 2023 10:11 PM

"Y'all, I'm just going to improvise some dancing around in my brown shoes during this scene!"

"I'm sure this is what my character would do!"

by Anonymousreply 11March 23, 2023 10:12 PM

This would have been so hilarious had this actually happened. Think about it as a potential camp classic. Britney can't act for shit but I rather watch her in a movie than Madonna or Beyoncé. She seems like she's in on the joke.

by Anonymousreply 12March 25, 2023 10:36 AM

I was going to act 🎭 in the notebook 📒 but my mother 👵 locked 🔒 me up like Rapunzle and my sister spent all my 💰 money mandy moore’s mother never did that to her because she protected her babies 👶 like a mama bear 🐻 but you can all lick 👅 my ass 🍑 and eat 💩 because I am free like a 🦅 now and I love to watch the notebook and eat ice cream 🍨 yum yum

by Anonymousreply 13March 25, 2023 10:53 AM

does the scientology control the hollywood, y is he in every big budget movies

by Anonymousreply 14March 25, 2023 11:03 AM

Did y'all see the audition video?

by Anonymousreply 15October 27, 2023 12:41 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!