Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

King Charles set to face strikes and disruption in France on first foreign visit

King Charles III risks facing rubbish-strewn streets, transport strikes and disruption to his visit when he travels to France next week for his first foreign trip.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19March 30, 2023 4:04 PM

thanks king james for ruining everything

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1March 23, 2023 7:31 PM

Jesus CHRIST, he has aged poorly! He's only 74, and he looks like a basset hound - and a sick one at that. Good GRIEF!

I don't think he was ever a cigarette smoker, and I remember he was considered a hottie back in the 70s in his bachelor days, and was even decent looking at the time he married Diana in 1981. But he has really gone to seed.

by Anonymousreply 2March 23, 2023 7:38 PM

He looks like what 75 year old would look like without going to extraordinary lengths to appear young. We’re just so used to seeing people with Botox and fillers.

by Anonymousreply 3March 23, 2023 8:08 PM

He needs to get his royal ass down to Uganda and tell those homophobes what's what. Otherwise, what's the point of him.

by Anonymousreply 4March 23, 2023 8:13 PM

is he wearing 💄???

by Anonymousreply 5March 24, 2023 7:30 AM

I was thinking the same thing r5! Or at least tinted lip balm, and he went outside his natural upper lip line.

by Anonymousreply 6March 24, 2023 7:35 AM

Why are his eyes always so bloodshot?

by Anonymousreply 7March 24, 2023 12:10 PM

He's postponed his trip. Wise.

by Anonymousreply 8March 24, 2023 12:25 PM

R8, 🍺 perhaps?

by Anonymousreply 9March 24, 2023 12:38 PM

R2- He's basically an ALCOHOLIC so this is the end result.

by Anonymousreply 10March 24, 2023 12:48 PM

His strawberry lip gloss is all over the place.

by Anonymousreply 11March 24, 2023 1:25 PM

A girl's gotta have her Dr Pepper Lipsmacker

by Anonymousreply 12March 24, 2023 1:27 PM

It looks like incredibly chapped lips and not lipgloss.

by Anonymousreply 13March 24, 2023 2:37 PM

Macron said "The crowd has no legitimacy against the people who express themselves through their elected officials", this after brute forcing a law (based on lies) that 70% of the country, all the other political parties and all the unions reject without allowing a vote and THEN having the nerve to call it the "democratic process". I guess it wouldn't have been a good look to receive a King in Versailles when he's acting like a mornarch himself while millions lose days of their already meager pays to strike and protest. And it's been going on for months. He keeps provoking and talking down to everybody.

He's a fucking asshole. I hope Paris burns.

Between Presidential, Legislatives, Regional, and European elections I voted like 14 times for this piece of shit. I HATE him.

by Anonymousreply 14March 24, 2023 2:56 PM

Paris is burning, R14. Les Français sont énervés.

by Anonymousreply 15March 24, 2023 7:34 PM

Whoops link... if they don't freebie, do the archive trick.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16March 24, 2023 7:35 PM

Frogs don't want tête de noeud Charlie. Il est gênant .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17March 25, 2023 5:45 AM

I'll revive this thread to talk about Charles III in Germany ...

I happened to hear his speech to the Bundestag during lunch today, which was well-delivered and almost entirely in German. His pronunciation was surprisingly good, aside from some problems with correct stress.

I'm beginning to be quite fond of the old guy.

by Anonymousreply 18March 30, 2023 3:24 PM

He and Cam looked nice at the State Dinner, tiara and jewels well noted.

by Anonymousreply 19March 30, 2023 4:04 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!